Disaffected lefties launch … “Coffee Party” movement

posted at 5:52 pm on February 26, 2010 by Allahpundit

I’ve read the WaPo profile, looked at their website, watched the two videos below, and I still don’t quite get it. They’re claiming, essentially, to be nonpartisan and less interested in pushing particular policies than in “dialogue” and “cooperation” for their own sake. Which, given the realities in the Senate, is a very thinly veiled way of calling for fewer filibusters and more Democratic — sorry, I mean bipartisan — legislation. Here’s their statement of principles, for what it’s worth; assuming they stick around, it’ll be fun to watch how this changes once the GOP has a majority in both chambers again.

We want the political process broken down into three steps:
1) open and respectful dialogue
2) thoughtful and informed deliberation
3) competent and decisive execution.

The process is so broken, we can’t get past step 1 right now. We demand cooperation, productivity and accountability in government in the same way we would demand it of an employee we might hire for a job.

We want local chapters to have the autonomy to figure out their own legislative and electoral priorities. At the national level, we’ll make recommendations for direct action on legislation. But they will only be suggestions. We value and celebrate diverse opinions just as we value and celebrate diverse backgrounds. All that is required to be part of this movement is a sincere commitment to participating in, and protecting the democratic process.

A friendly reminder from George Will: The American democratic process, especially in the Senate, includes the right to obstruct. Right, Mr. President? Exit quotation from the WaPo piece: “I don’t really understand what they’re about other than ‘we don’t like the Tea Party’ and ‘we’re for a better process.’”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Ersatz.

AshleyTKing on February 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Reality has hit the Obamabots like a two-by-four; they are almost literally in a daze. I like it.

Travis Bickle on February 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM

So is all this supposed to set up a narrative of “teabaggers” vs. the “coffee grinders”?

Tea baggin’s bad; But check out the Coffee Bag trick in the Urban Dictionary!

Cybergeezer on February 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM

That’s a new one. To me “coffee baggers” is also a non-sequitur since coffee’s not really a ‘bag’ kind of thing…

I say we call them the Coffee Beans.
From Urban Dictionary… of … Hispanic descent…

uknowmorethanme on February 26, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Hm – I don’t know. Folks might fall victim to the grammatic urge to append “-ers” to denote people vs. things (like how protesters are called “teabaggers” and “tea partiers”, not “teabags” or “tea parties”).

When that happens I’m guessing “coffee b—ers” will not go over well. It’ll be a opening by the ‘coffee party’ to smear everyone opposed to them as evil racists.

Could that be what they want? Is that their evil master plan? /scary music

RD on February 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM

The handle should be on the left.

unclesmrgol on February 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM

IIRC the original Tea Party had nothing to do with drinking it. Everything to do with an attempt on liberty by imposing a tax.

But EPA would put a huge fine on folks putting tea leaves in Boston harbor especially. How we have progressived.

Caststeel on February 26, 2010 at 11:54 PM

You know, I’m reminded of…

Coffee Talk with Linda Richman
Kini on February 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Kawfee pahty? I’m all verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.
OhioCoastie on February 26, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I’ll give you a topic: The Coffee Party is neither coffee nor a party. Discuss!

RD on February 26, 2010 at 11:55 PM

coffee klatch

BlancheBourgeois on February 26, 2010 at 11:55 PM

RD on February 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Er, “an opening”.

RD on February 26, 2010 at 11:57 PM

A small problem that had Parliament in an uproar. Colonists were not paying tax on rum either. And they were drinking a helluv lot more rum than tea.

Bottom line: governments are greedy for your money. The Constitution specifies what our government may do. Elect folks who enforce out Constitution.

Caststeel on February 27, 2010 at 12:05 AM

JimP on February 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM
It’s either the Borg, or the Pod People…or the children of the Steppford Wives…
lovingmyUSA on February 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I am so disappointed in all of you! These people are an older version of the letter writers in the “Childen’s Letters to Obama” parody that played on Glen Beck on Thursday.

ya2daup on February 27, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Awwww, our Constitution.

Caststeel on February 27, 2010 at 12:07 AM

With the level of vapidity already shown the words fish and barrel keep popping into my mind, I wonder why?
mad scientist on February 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Baby seals and clubs over here!

ya2daup on February 27, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Gonna need lots of coffee to stay awake through those videos.

Mervis Winter on February 27, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Us tea partiers should infiltrate them. That should be good theater.

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM

So, in the last few days, we’ve had the brown-baggers and the coffee-party.

Brown-Baggers + Coffeee Party

Soggy-Baggers Party?

Merovign on February 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM

The Left definitely has soggy brains.

platypus on February 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM

One would expect such idiocy from “Progressives”.

No historical basis for “Coffee Party”, as opposed to “Tea Party”, leaves these loons with a lame-ass rip-off name that is stupid as hell.

“Progressives” tend not to like history anyway, since after all, ignorance of history, and history’s rejection as being “obsolete”, are in fact built into the very name and ethos of “Progressivism” and always have been.

I call for a Coffee Enema.

Edouard on February 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Coffee Party USA= Communist Party USA

Lance Murdock on February 27, 2010 at 12:48 AM

They produced high quality videos, a very nice website, a huge number of Coffee party groups spread out evenly across the country in Facebook..all using the same profile pic.
And it all happened overnight
Complete progressive astroturf
Nice try Nancy!

LeeSeneca on February 27, 2010 at 12:52 AM

I love how organize this group is for being a grassroots ‘strart up’.

Organizing for America, you betcha! ;)

Lance Murdock on February 27, 2010 at 12:52 AM

“Hey…I’ve got a great idea! Let’s divide and conquer ripping off the oppositions barnstorming success story!”

Nice try.
But no thanks.

Lockstein13 on February 27, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Song for their first commerical un salute to Obama:

I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and…

You’re so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You’re so vain, I’ll bet you think this song is about you
Don’t you? don’t you? don’t you?

WashJeff on February 27, 2010 at 12:55 AM

so axel is starting up a ‘Coffee Party’ movement huh? Well I often have a ‘movement’ in the morning after a couple of cups of coffee too.

Fighton03 on February 27, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Predictably lame.

2ipa on February 27, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I remember a catchy little song about coffee that our music teacher taught us way back in the day. Maybe these coffee rebels will want to use it for their theme song. Or, maybe not.

ps – This is my 1st attempt at providing a link, hope it works!

redwhiteblue on February 27, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Feh.

Well, as long as they don’t get between me and my cup of joe, they’re safe.

On planet Earth, coffee is the ‘water of life’.

PS - I watched the first vid [no thanks to the second one] and I noted with considerable amusement that she was describing the ‘rat party to a tee.

Geez, if this their response to the TP’ers, they may as well go back to giving each other digital ‘back-rubs’ on Facebook.

What a sad excuse for ‘concerned’ citizenry.

Really sad.

CPT. Charles on February 27, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Communist Peoples Movement is more like it. I suffered through the first video. Yes the girl is a cutie,but I dont think I could sit through a large coffee and a conversation with her.

Paco on February 27, 2010 at 1:20 AM

What a bunch of faggots.

daesleeper on February 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM

This is completely un-disguised liberalism. Saying they want discourse now is disingenuous after the language of last spring, especially from “their” party.
Remeber this; “I don’t want the people who made this mess to do too much talking, just get out of the way and let us clean it up”? That’s from Teh One himself, to great applause. How about “I won”?
Pleas for quiet intelligent dialogue went out the door when Joe the plumber was investigated by democrat party officials in an attempt to personally smear a citizen for having an opinion. Civility isn’t the metaphorical raping of Sarah Palin’s reputation by their party leaders or the media.

Yadda Yadda Yadda. I could go on for days about the partisan low-blows from the left, and most of you could add to the list without having to google to remember, but the point should be made here and from now on…..

Bill Clinton and James Carville and a handful of other influential democrats said they would come up with a way to counter the Tea Partiers, to discredit and negate them in time for the November elections. What you see here and in the LA times Op-Ed page are the first shots in a calculated, planned counter strategy. And having people throw up their hands and say they’ve had enough of the rancor, or just walk away because the “Tea Party” is labeled as mean, would be as much of a win as defeat in the arena of ideas, where the left and the democrats cannot win.

This is truly astroturfing. Faux grass-roots organizations that spring up with a .com, a twitter base, sponsers, etc.
Give me a break. Wonder if Nancy Pelosi will bemoan this group as fake, or rancorous, or racist, or Hitlerian, or……

OneEyedJack on February 27, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Typical liberal coffee party. “We’ll all sit is circle, hold hands, smoke pot and sing kumbaya.”

docdave on February 27, 2010 at 1:33 AM

What? You never saw the end of Blazing Saddles? With Dom DeLuise?

daesleeper on February 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Are you parked over by the commissary?

Fighton03 on February 27, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I’ll give you a topic: The Coffee Party is neither coffee nor a party. Discuss!

RD on February 26, 2010 at 11:55 PM

It’s an enema¿

Kini on February 27, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Here’s what happens when liberals protest. They really are violent.

jediwebdude on February 27, 2010 at 2:06 AM

a friend once called starbucks coffee “corporate ass-juice.

i will borrow that and call the coffee party “astroturf ass-juice party.”

photoboy74 on February 27, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Ms. Park’s expressed contempt for “tea partiers” makes her blathering about “coming together in the middle” a quite transparent load of bulls—. It’s just more liberal loathing and condescension along with their usual incoherence. Also, the 4+ minute vanity video in the snow is par for the course.

Django on February 27, 2010 at 2:16 AM

I’d hit it.

crr6 on February 27, 2010 at 2:34 AM

“1) open and respectful dialogue”

Translation: We want the Republicans to get on board our atrocities.

2) thoughtful and informed deliberation

Just tell us it was thoughtful and informed. Don’t show us. Open sewers scare us.

3) competent and decisive execution.

We don’t want to grow up and be responsible for anything ourselves. We want big daddy government to do it all.

Hm, in fact the whole manifesto sounds like a bunch of whining children demanding their own way but accepting no responsibility for its results at all.

Where ARE the adults?

{^_^}

herself on February 27, 2010 at 4:06 AM

Astroturf? Looks a little too manufactured. The Tea Party videos seem so much more grassroots — not as slick as a Madison Avenue ad campaign.

ramrocks on February 27, 2010 at 4:31 AM

OneEyedJack on February 27, 2010 at 1:33 AM

+10

ramrocks on February 27, 2010 at 4:34 AM

I’m still working my way through the second vid, so far, hilarious.

Why wouldn’t you/they want quality health care that you don’t even have to pay for

El_Terrible on February 26, 2010 at 6:11 PM

And these are the same idiots that will be the first to claim that conservatives are stupid.

ramrocks on February 27, 2010 at 4:40 AM

Blather blather blather, sip.
Blather blather blather, sip.
Nap.
Women’s studies.
Blather blather blather, sip.

Yellowdog12 on February 27, 2010 at 6:33 AM

The Dems put Clarence from 8 mile in the White House.

IlikedAUH2O on February 27, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Hey Arhnold….Now this is a movement that won’t last. Maybe they should hold all their meetings at Starbucks. These people are LOST!

margretto on February 27, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Bwhahahahaha!
*wipes tears of laughter from eyes*
Just when I think that it can’t get any better.
Oh libs you have certainly outdone yourselves. LMAO!

Badger40 on February 27, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Maybe they can get like…. Mehgan McCain to be their leader! I mean…..like….she’s a progressive…and I’ll bet she likes….you know…she likes coffee and likes progress. Don’t they go together? But she might turn it down because like there were some like really “old” people in the group.

margretto on February 27, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Smells like air America

at least they will supply us eith a humorous moment in the quest gor national domination

Sonosam on February 27, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Since we are talking about this Coffee Party, I need to remind these bean brains…

THAT WE ARE A REPUBLIC, NOT A DEMOCRACY!

I wonder who sponsors this, STARBUCKS?!

(ducking tomatoes)

BobAnthony on February 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM

The saddest thing about the Coffee Party posting is that she sounds like a Tea Party person. She’s been convinced by someone that Tea Party = GOP and that is not true as I see it. Her goal is to move Washington toward effective solutions and better representation. I agree with her and so does the Tea Party.

stuartm650 on February 27, 2010 at 8:25 AM

The Coffee Party believes that Government is the people and that the Tea Party is obstructing the ability of the Government to tell U.S. what to do.

This is the sign that the education system has convoluted the role of Government in the malleable minds of those who have difficulty thinking for themselves.

MSGTAS on February 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM

LOL silly Liberals do not understand its an ACRONYM
Taxed Enough Already = TEA
What could Coffee stand for ? Everyone take a stab at it

Communists Oppose Freedom For Everyone Everyday
I think that sums it up for me …….

ELMO Q on February 27, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Just joined the Denver Coffee Party and hopefully start my own Chapter in Colorado Springs…cool beans…lol, I couldn’t resist. Also got a mug and a t-shirt on the way! (Coffee Party = Chill Mode)…Why so serious, tea partiers? That’s rhetorical of course.

StoneKrab on February 27, 2010 at 8:40 AM

I think that second girl is from a Brecht Forum video I watched last night. It’s not this video but check this out. They intend to step up the fight (in their own words).

6:20 to 14:00 is meaty.

DWB on February 27, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Fighton03 on February 27, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Ha! That should be this movement’s “tea bagger” joke.

Dork B. on February 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM

A Coffee Party………

what an ORIGINAL idea…….soon to go the way of
“Air America” no doubt……

RealMc on February 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Proof it is astroturf:Annabel Park Annabel ParkProducer-Director 9500 Liberty

Washington D.C. Metro Area
Current•Producer/Co-director at 9500 Liberty
Past•National Coordinator at 121 Coalition
•Strategy Analyst at The New York Times
Education•Boston University
•University of Oxford
Connections 103 connections IndustryMedia Production

She is a left wing filmmaker from Wash DC (surprise, surprise!)

margretto on February 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Just did some research on the Coffee Grinders. Poor little Annabell Park. Denizen of DC, federal employee in all likely, with ALL the special treatment and advantages of being a woman and a minority that federal employment offers, making twice what private sector jobs pay and a choice of health insurance options, buses and subways to get to and fro, and all other manner of conveniences paid for by the private sector tax payers bitterly clinging to our bibles, guns and money. Annabell’s life is not perfect, because of US. If only we’d have a kumbaya moment and give in to all of Barry’s agenda, Annabell’s life would be perfect. We are bad people for not providing nirvana for her. After all, it’s our prol duty to do so.

JimP on February 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Shouldn’t it be the double decaffeinated latte half-caf party?

Huckabye-Romney on February 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I bet if someone really check this is funded by ACORN, SEIU or some other project…..

sargentj on February 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Anybody with half their brain tied behind their back, blind as a New York Governor, or as dumb as a U.S. President, can see their ultimate motivation:
It’s to Coffee Bag the TEA Party.

Cybergeezer on February 27, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Urbandictionary has so many coffee-related sexual terms…

I vote we call them coffee sackers.

PantsDailyon on February 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM

PantsDailyon on February 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Yea; Like they chose this title for the all it’s urban connotations.

Cybergeezer on February 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I’m so tired of people using the phrase “we need to have a conversation about..”, it’s annoying. I’m tired of conversing. That’s their tactic though, talk to you lose interest and you go away. Then they pass ridiculous bills. Glad we aren’t listening anymore!

gator70 on February 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Thanks to ‘margetto’ for motivating me to do a little more research. I went to Annabell’s twitter page and her business’ page. It’s worse than I surmised. She’s part of the federal Democrat party apparatus. Her company makes leftist propaganda films that no one watches, except maybe party insiders. This means she gets grants from and contracts with the feds or party officials or donors to produce films that make no money. Therefore, she makes four times or more what the avg American is making. She still gets all the advantages except healthcare maybe which would explain why she’s stumping for it at her Coffee Grinder web site. Like others have said, this it total astroturf and agitprop. Comically transparent.

JimP on February 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Coffee gives me a movement. Not sure I’d want to name a political group after it though.

Rip Ford on February 27, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Well, I guess the only thing to do now is …. create another rip-off party to rip off their rip-off.

Given just how unpopular this healthcare reform is, we could call it the “Wake Up and Smell the Coffee!” party.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 27, 2010 at 10:29 AM

JimP on February 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Wow. You’re right. She also apparently made documentaries and campaigned in support of Jim Webb in Virginia.

Firefly_76 on February 27, 2010 at 10:29 AM

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 27, 2010 at 10:29 AM

How about “The Common Sense Party”?

Cybergeezer on February 27, 2010 at 10:31 AM

A Coffee Party………

what an ORIGINAL idea…….soon to go the way of
“Air America” no doubt……

RealMc on February 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM

5 stars

Roy Rogers on February 27, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Precisely, the term Tea Party has both mundane and symbolic meaning. The term Coffee Party has only the mundane meaning; it only gains symbolic significance with this Tea Pary opposition group.

Good luck with your coffee talk, lefties, but I doubt it will catch on.

Perhaps you might have more success with a Hookah Party.

Disturb the Universe on February 27, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Firefly 76: I noticed that too. She’s so interconnected with the Dems it’s not funny, except that she was so easily exposed. I think it’s safe to say that she is a Dem apparatchik. What is really galling is that she makes a comfortable living contributing nothing and it’s all at our expense.

JimP on February 27, 2010 at 10:52 AM

You know what this means? Apparently the White House filled that position they wanted. The one responsible for grassroots campaigns.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 27, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Eric Byler works for the Jim Webb (Copperhead-VA) campaign. Nuff said.

Astroturf at it’s finest.

SDN on February 26, 2010 at 7:48 PM

And it all happened overnight
Complete progressive astroturf
Nice try Nancy!

LeeSeneca on February 27, 2010 at 12:52 AM

ramrocks on February 27, 2010 at 4:31 AM

JimP on February 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Firefly_76 on February 27, 2010 at 10:29 AM

(And many others)

Yep. The internet makes it very easy to astroturf, but it also makes it very easy to get caught.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Maybe it’s saying time to wake up lefties and face reality. Nah!! even coffee couldn’t wake up these idiots.

concernedsenior on February 27, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I vote we call them coffee sackers.

PantsDailyon on February 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I think we have a winner!!

Conservative Samizdat on February 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Today they must be drinking one of their favorite blends:

Clueless Roast

Reality Checker on February 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Coffee Party?

LSM represents these FIVE people as THE LEGITIMATE and MAJORITY GRASSROOTS MOVEMENT in …

Three .. two .. one …

HondaV65 on February 27, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Their just missing the “secret ingredient” for their noodle soup…

karl9000 on February 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM

RCP Poll Averages
President Obama Job Approval
RCP Average
Approve47.5Disapprove46.7Spread +0.8

Obama is almost upside down in his approval/disapproval numbers!

When that line is crossed on the RCP average which does everything possible to give the benefit of the doubt to Obama… That will be a milestone!

petunia on February 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Just the fact that she’s standing out in the cold is symbolic…and who’d have thunk it?…All her Facebook friends agree with her…

Marconi on February 27, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I am not a coffee drinker. Love the smell of it but found it to bitter for my taste.

And bitter may be the best way to describe this group.

mechkiller_k on February 27, 2010 at 1:22 PM

StoneKrab on February 27, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Does your worthless life have a purpose now?

daesleeper on February 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM

SDN wrote:

Eric Byler works for the Jim Webb (Copperhead-VA) campaign. Nuff said.

Astroturf at it’s finest.

Their “bipartisan” site is hosted at a “democrats only” hosting company. Words don’t mean things to these people.

noblejones on February 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Annabel Park, on the Soros payroll. What a pathetic fool.

daesleeper on February 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM

IllTemperedCur looked into this web site and posted this interesting bit over at Ace’s [I changed one word to get past moderation, here]:

It’s a Sen. Jim Webb (D-Pen!s Inserter) front group.

Do a whois query on their coffeepartyusa.com website. The .com info is private, but the .org site is registered to that chick’s boyfriend, Eric Byler, and the Real Virginians for Webb organization.

Plus, if you go to the Real Virginians for Webb website realvirginiansforwebb.com, the main contact people are….Annabel Park and Eric Byler.

Blazer added:

Eric Byler is also the Netroots organizer, the guy who got it off the ground.

neurosculptor on February 27, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Oops. You folks already got the details on the astroturf angle.

I should have read the last comments before posting. Oh well. The left’s pathetic astroturfing can never be exposed enough.

neurosculptor on February 27, 2010 at 2:59 PM

This makes perfect sense. After the Patriots protested excessive British taxation with the Boston Tea Party, the Tory British sympathizers showed their support for taxation with the Boston Coffee Klatch.

olesparkie on February 27, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I’m spending too much time reading this crap. I’m gettin’ pissed.
Time to go to the range.

Cybergeezer on February 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM

neurosculptor wrote:

Real Virginians for Webb

Funny. Seeing as how Park lives in Maryland.

noblejones on February 27, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Ah, so Annabel Park, “concerned citizen” rises from the ashes again. Anything to extend her 15 minutes of fame.

Let me refresh some memories: Annabel Park and her sidekick, Eric Byler, did the “9500 Liberty” series on YouTube about an illegal sign posted on a property in Manassas, VA which called the enforcement of immigration law in Prince William County, VA “raaaaaacist”. Their videos were shoddy, biased and not “documentaries” but rather propaganda, and pretty crappy Agit-Prop at that.

These two have had wet dream fantasies about being the next Michael Moore for years now, and are always looking for an angle to create news about themselves and interest.

And everyone who doesn’t agree with them is RAAAAACCCCIIIIST!

“Concerned Citizen” Park is a diehard Astroturfer and Obamatron and a total flake. If her lips are moving, she’s lying.

“Coffee Party” bwwwaaaa haaaa haaaa haaa !!

YTZGal on February 27, 2010 at 4:21 PM

How does conducting negotiations in the Reid’s office, with only leading Democrats invited, and then presenting the results to the Senate to be voted up or down, without even giving anyone time to read the legislation, constitute fair and open negotiations?

MarkTheGreat on February 27, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Does your worthless life have a purpose now?

daesleeper on February 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful boys in my life, as well as a little girl on the way…my life has worth. Thanks for the concern though! Have some Starbucks and calm down. You seem…nervous. There’s nothing for you to fear; it’s just a couple of marxist/communist/socialist/progressives getting together for some caffelattes. What harm could it do? Just ignore us. (hops in environmentally sound hybrid, turns on Coldplay, and heads to Whole Foods to pick up some up arugula.) LOL!

StoneKrab on February 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM

I tried posting a rebuttal to the “US Army Veteran: The Tea Party doesn’t represent me”, and here is what I came up with when I clicked “Preview”:

I think that there are 2 that should be tackled in tandem. Healthcare is a done deal. It may not be what EVERYONE wants, but it does have some legs to it, and now the only direction that this issue can go is up now. In other words, the foundation of keeping the insurance companies at bay with FORCING them to pay for the coverage that they are supposed to be giving their customers in the first place; which is pathetic in itself! The 2 issues that we need to take care of now SIMULTANEOUSLY is job creation AND financial reform. We NEED jobs, so that is self explanatory; however, I feel that finance is where America needs to fix ASAP! Wall Street has their hands in EVERYTHING: Healthcare, Environment reform, Immigration(big business racing to the bottom with wages) reform, ELECTIONS, etc. Money moves EVERYTHING! We need to monitor and regulate the flow of ALL funding in our country. We need regulate campaign contributions, PAC contributions, questionable investment vehicles, money trading, etc. I feel that money is the trunk of the tree and all the other issues are the branches. Take care of the source, and the others will follow along by necessity

Obviously, this is NOT what I wrote. See the full details HERE

As of 8:25 pm, I have not had my comments (or the faux statement) posted.

Is this site for real? Or are we seeing the first salvo in the Clinton/Carville attack on the Tea Party?

darkmetal on February 27, 2010 at 9:46 PM