Ryan: “We don’t think all the answers lie in Washington”

posted at 2:50 pm on February 25, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

For those who thought today’s summit was a carefully-laid trap for Republicans set by Barack Obama, let me ask this: How many networks would have carried the following argument by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) had he made it on the steps of the Capitol? It likely wouldn’t have been aired even in passing on the talking-head -cable network shows. Instead, with multiple networks covering the proceedings, Ryan laid out the conservative argument and laid bare the central conceit of the Democratic efforts on reform, which is that one set of standards fits all:

The difference is this. We don’t think all the answers lie in Washington.

By federalizing the regulation of insurance, and by mandating exactly how it’ll work, you make it more expensive and you reduce the competition among insurers for peoples business. We want to decentralize the system, give more power to small businesses, more power to individuals, and make insurance compete more. But if you federalize it, you standardize it and mandate it, you do not achieve that. And that’s the big difference.

The risk going in to the summit wasn’t that Republicans would get trapped into a bill they opposed. It was that the media attention that follows Barack Obama would give Republicans the media platform for their own principles and proposals. What will resonate more strongly with Americans — the idea that the federal government should narrow our choices to a couple of key mandates, or the idea that grown-ups can make their own choices and that government should just ensure that fraud doesn’t occur? Democrats have just set themselves up to get a loud and clear answer to that question.

Update: The Senate Republican Caucus has been rounding up media reaction, which tends to support the decision to battle the Democrats in public, emphases mine:

CNN’s WOLF BLITZER: “It looks like the Republicans certainly showed up ready to play.” (CNN’s “Live,” 2/25/10)

CNN’s GLORIA BORGER: “The Republicans have been very effective today. They really did come to play. They were very smart.” (CNN’s “Live,” 2/25/10)

• BORGER: “They took on the substance of a very complex issue. … But they really stuck to the substance of this issue and tried to get to the heart of it and I think did a very good job.” (CNN’s “Live,” 2/25/10)
  • BORGER: “They came in with a plan. They mapped it out.”  (CNN’s “Live,” 2/25/10)

CNN’s DAVID GERGEN: “The folks in the White House just must be kicking themselves right now. They thought that coming out of Baltimore when the President went in and was mesmerizing and commanding in front of the House Republicans that he could do that again here today. That would revive health care and would change the public opinion about their health care bill and they can go on to victory. Just the opposite has happened.” (CNN’s “Live,” 2/25/10)

• GERGEN: “He doesn’t have a strong Democratic team behind him.” (CNN’s “Live,” 2/25/10)

THE HILL’S A.B. STODDARD: “I think we need to start out by acknowledging Republicans brought their ‘A Team.’ They had doctors knowledgeable about the system, they brought substance to the table, and they, I thought, expressed interest in the reform.  I thought in the lecture from Senator John McCain and on the issue of transparency, I thought today the Democrats were pretty much on their knees.” (Fox News’ “Live,” 2/25/10)

Maybe the GOP sandbagged Obama the first time around?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Paul Ryan–statesman.

Good for you sir, and good for the USA.

ted c on February 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Ha!

Still happy you elected this bungling stumblebum, Democrats?

NoDonkey on February 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Paul Ryan is a lot smarter than anyone else in that room.

therightwinger on February 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Wow.

Is he running in 2012?

petunia on February 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Ohhh Ed. thanks!

THE HILL’S A.B. STODDARD: “I think we need to start out by

quote fail, sorry but this is so money !

ted c on February 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Don’t forget to mention Rush Limbaugh’s admission this morning that he was wrong to say the Republicans shouldn’t have attended. “I was wrong” he declared.

joe_doufu on February 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM

The more I see of Paul Ryan the more I like what he has to say. He is able to forcefully articulate his message without seeming arrogant – like some others in the room with him.

turfmann on February 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Ed, resurrect the picture of Obama tripping….that needs a little usage over the next day or so.

ted c on February 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Am I dreaming? Did the Republicans actually win this battle royal? Somebody pinch me.

Jim-Rose on February 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM

To the extent that the Republicans were heard here – which is more than they ever had been in the last 13 months – they got their message out loud and clear while all the Dems could do was trot out the victims-on-parade du jour, as is their S.O.P.

The Republicans absolutely cleaned the Dems’ clocks in the first half of this and as a result Barack “I-won-so-I-get-to-talk-as-long-as-I-want” 0bama shut them up in the second half.

But the damage is done. This summit will only increase and stiffen the public’s opposition to this statist power grab. And wait until Monday when Harry Reid tries the reconciliation process he swears is a lie.

J.J. Sefton on February 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM

up against the B+ team…..

ted c on February 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM

I wish he were my congressman. Instead I’m stuck with Tammy Baldwin.

Vancomycin on February 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Great news, but I am hearing now the dems are taking over and not allowing the republicans to talk, so CNN is covering the summit again, now that the GOP is being silenced. Hope it backfires on these sleazy commie creeps.

immigrantchick on February 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Paul Ryan, sounding like Sarah Palin, and clarifying the differences between the two parties and telling Obama he is not listening to the American people.

technopeasant on February 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but many of the networks dropped this dog-n-pony show a while ago, so it is unclear how many people (beyond C-SPAN) actually saw it.

Having said that, this hootenanny looks to be in favor of Republicans.

Mark Boabaca on February 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM

After lunch the Democrats are just going to run out the clock. They thought this was a WIN situation. They got handed their asses in front of the whole country. The Republicans came with proposals, the Democrats with sob stories.

BEND OVER BARRY!

GarandFan on February 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Go Ryan!

immigrantchick on February 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Reconcilliation in 5… 4…. 3….

Obama has to pass this… as do Pelosi and Reid… they have too much political capital invested in it to fail.

Romeo13 on February 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I liveblogged the summit here. One observation I made was that, to listen to the Democrats’ Chuck Schumer & Max Baucus, there was practically no difference between the Democrats’ plan & the Republicans’ plan.

The American people know better than that. I’m predicting that this will put the Democrats further behind the 8-ball than they started the day at. This is a major game-changer in the GOP’s favor.

LFRGary on February 25, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Maybe the GOP sandbagged Obama the first time around?

Team Obama has a tendency to use whatever played well in the press last time.

Count to 10 on February 25, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Maybe the GOP sandbagged Obama the first time around?

I think we need to wait and see.

upinak on February 25, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Is it still going on? Are they still talking?

Dr Evil on February 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Bill Bennett protege, Ryan is. Only drawback is, he’s not a gay conservative.

Akzed on February 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Ryan just ripped them a new one.

wildcat84 on February 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Maybe the GOP sandbagged Obama the first time around?

Let’s not get carried away. We know Congressional Republicans are not that smart as a group (some individuals may be).

Maybe the country is catching Federalism Feeevah!

OscarSchneegans on February 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM

BEND OVER BARRY! GarandFan on February 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Are you a gay conservative?

Akzed on February 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM

The msm stopped showing this because this bho and the d’s got their rears kicked! They did not want their viewers to see this. IT is great, thanks R’s!
L

letget on February 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM

The difference is this. We don’t think all the answers lie in Washington.

Coming from a guy who voted for the auto bailout, bonus reductions, and stimulus your words mean very little.

Notorious GOP on February 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Barry is coming across as the charlatan that he is. He has not made one valid pont all day. This train wreck for Barry is what happens when you think you are the sharpest knife in the drawer when in reality you are a pair of safety scissors.

Daveyardbird on February 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM

This was all I could think of while watching the proceedings.

Demosthenes on February 25, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Actually, 0bama was trying to give the finger to the Republicans but he wound up giving himself the Vulcan death grip.

J.J. Sefton on February 25, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Heh heh heh

Way to NOT roll-over-and play-dead Republicans! Glad to see you can still fight.

Compromise? Like hell, no way!

Now keep it up!

rockbend on February 25, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Three people Obama cannot stand: McCain, Palin, and Paul Ryan!!!

deidre on February 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM

The whole notion that this was “a trap” was ridiculous in the first place. It’s the GOP’s fault that Obama bested them in Baltimore, but that doesn’t mean direct verbal confrontations with the President of the United States is a bad thing. It’s a great thing! It should happen more often.

Looks like the Republicans smartened up, and learned to fight.

YYZ on February 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Only drawback is, he’s not a gay conservative.

Akzed on February 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM

But he does kind of look similar to the teacher on “Glee”. That should count for something in the realm of gay conservatism.

myrenovations on February 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I thought today the Democrats were pretty much on their knees

Enough with the new gay HotAir already!

Tony737 on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Paul Ryan is a TARP voter…we must tear him down!

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Did the Dems honestly believe the Republicans would show up…unprepared?

SCORE!!!

capejasmine on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

They did come ready to play. I’m making some donations tonight.

WisCon on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

The woman behind Rep. Becerra looks like Pamela Smart. Watch your backs, boys.

turfmann on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I’m surprised that Obama hasn’t put his feet up on the table when the Republican side speaks — yet.

Heftyjo on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

The dem response to Ryan’s slicing and dicing of the budget tricks would be laughable if it wasn’t so obvious that they believe their smoke-and-mirror talking points

mredly on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I sure hope Ryan runs for GOv of WI some day. I think he would be a great President someday, but let’s see how he runs a state first.

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Paul Ryan is a TARP voter…we must tear him down!

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Don’t get me wrong, I love Ryan forcing Obama to his knees, but no sane true Conservative would ever vote for that crap.

Notorious GOP on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

BORGER: “They came in with a plan. They mapped it out.” (CNN’s “Live,” 2/25/10)
THE HILL’S A.B. STODDARD: “I think we need to start out by acknowledging Republicans brought their ‘A Team.’ They had doctors knowledgeable about the system, they brought substance to the table, and they, I thought, expressed interest in the reform. I thought in the lecture from Senator John McCain and on the issue of transparency, I thought today the Democrats were pretty much on their knees.” (Fox News’ “Live,” 2/25/10)

Ah, but then we will most likely see the following reaction from another source later tonight:

MSNBC’s KEITH OLBERMANN: “THE REPUBLICANS ARE EVIL BLOODTHIRSTY CANNIBALISTIC PUPPY KILLING KITTEN EATING FIENDS WHO WANT TO TAKE AWARE YOUR HEALTHCARE AND SEE YOU ALL DIE! ALL OF YOU! DIE! DIE! DIE!!!!!

pilamaye on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Paul Ryan is a TARP voter…we must tear him down!

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Ryan has scored a lot of points for Republicans since TARP. I’m going to wait, and see, and give credit, where credit is due.

capejasmine on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Ryan put Obama in a Triangle Choke with … “If you think the American people want a govt takeover of HealthCare, you’re just not listening” Hahaha

Tony737 on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Heftyjo on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I’m surprised that Obama hasn’t scratched his cheek with his middle finger.

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

The care and feeding is conspicuously absent from both sides today…shocking.

m0nkeyb0y on February 25, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Doooohhh.

The care and feeding is conspicuously absent from both sides today…shocking.

Of illegals that is.

m0nkeyb0y on February 25, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Is it still going? To those who blame Ryan for TARP, come on. Everyone can make one, two or even 3 mistakes. After 3, they should be out. I like Paul Ryan, I think he is clean, smart and articulate. Kidding aside, he is great.

immigrantchick on February 25, 2010 at 3:11 PM

capejasmine on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Ryan is a GREAT guy. I did not like TARP, but I would never ever judge a politician by a single or a few votes. Judge the body of his work…and I like his work thus far.

My comment was just snarking at commentators that want to tear a person down for what they consider a bad and stupid vote, thus, deserving of banishment.

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Barry’s pathetic response to Ryan: uhuhuhuhiiiiilookuhuhuhiiii we have important issues to address here.

Translation: “Don’t listen to Ryan, little people. He has nothing important to say. Meep Meep.”

Buy Danish on February 25, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Paul Ryan did GREAT. As did the whole Republican team.

The dems looked ridiculous. All their sob stories.

Republicans were serious.

Democrats sounded like they were reading from a script from a bad Lifetime Channel Meredith Baxter Bernie movie.

Take the emotion out of you libs! Think with your brains and stop trying to pull on the heart strings. The people are hardened to your emotional pandering.

portlandon on February 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Ryan eviscerated the Obamacare cost estimates. He carved it up and laid it bare.

Oustanding job, Mr. Ryan.

DrW on February 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM

capejasmine on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

The couch is huge and the popcorn overflows in the attempt of wait and see.

upinak on February 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM

but no sane true Conservative would ever vote for that crap.

Notorious GOP on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

That is easy to say when you do not report to 700,000 citizens. TARP sucks, but Ryan’s body of work is good. I hope he is leader within, and maybe of, the GOP for years.

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Gaaaaaaaawd. Shepperd Smith is chastizing Thune over all this mess.He makes me sick!

capejasmine on February 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Shep is batty…. Thune is handling it well, though.

DaveS on February 25, 2010 at 3:17 PM

This is great!!!!! Democrats look stupid.

taney71 on February 25, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I don’t think you needed to be genius to guess that Obama couldn’t pull this off. He’s the president of the U.S. but he’s sitting around a table, looking a little bored at times, while the other side gets to have the camera on them while they make points. They are on HIS level and there is NOTHING he can do about it. 6 hours is far too long to look presidential. He should have realized that. Geo. Washington would look bad after 6 hours on TV!! in a room like that.

There was no way Obama could “win” today. He’s so used to being told he’s some great salesman he just assumed he’d kick the Republicans. What’s their next idea?

BillCarson on February 25, 2010 at 3:17 PM

If the media is saying the Reps did well, it means they rocked.

This will kill Obamacare…for now.

PattyJ on February 25, 2010 at 3:18 PM

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Oooooooooh ok. My apologies :) I get myself so worked up over this, that I tend to misunderstand. I should listen to that little voice that says….wait before commenting, and THINK. LOL

capejasmine on February 25, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Shep is batty…. Thune is handling it well, though.

DaveS on February 25, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Shep kept calling Anna Nichole Smith, Anna Nichole Simpson after her death. I mean really Shep, it’s your own LAST NAME, putz.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on February 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I was absolutely loveing the split screen action on FOX showing the Republican talking and highlighting The Won’s facial expressions during each. It was priceless to see the frustration and ire being built and know that his inexperience in debate, legislation and his thin skin was highlighted for the country to see live.

Koa on February 25, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I like Paul Ryan. Able to think deep and creatively about complex policy problems, none of that faux ‘just folks’ cultural song and dance that makes me gag, and a website full of policy stances with no mention of social issues. His policy statements are full of reasoned stances, with due credence paid to areas where he both agrees and disagrees with a given bill or proposal.

He seems like a genuine republican technocrat, interested in decentralization and proactive policy solutions. Do you guys have any more like this?

ernesto on February 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I wonder if Glenn Beck will acknowledge how well the Republicans did today, and how different they are from the Democrats.

Buy Danish on February 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

joe_doufu on February 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I didn’t hear that, but I concur. “I was wrong”, too.

SouthernGent on February 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Paul Ryan’s the man!! Rope-a-dope. And down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!!

Pablo Snooze on February 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I never thought the idea of not going was a good one. You don’t give up a chance to force the MSM to listen and report what you say. Even Obam went on O’Reilly.

Rocks on February 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Ha!

Still happy you elected this bungling stumblebum, Democrats?

NoDonkey on February 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

YES. HE’S COOL.

/crr666

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Cost, cost, cost, cost. Did anybody make the argument for INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM, against the encroachments of the State on our INDIVIDUAL LIBERTIES?

rrpjr on February 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I am proud to be a Republican today.

Elizabetty on February 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I’m sitting here fanning myself over Paul Ryan! Such a young man (relatively) and he didn’t stutter – not one time.

Oink on February 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM

No other way to put it … this is an old-fashioned beat down.

The Republicans are taking advantage of the opportunity to talk directly to the American people. They are well-prepared, speaking with clarity, and very convincing in their arguments.

Ryan is a superstar, but he’s not the only Republican making bigtime plays. Even McCain slipped in some devastating shots that Americans everywere know to be true regarding Democrat manipulation of the bills deficit spending, lack of transparency, and dirty backroom deals.

Think I’m exaggerating? Virtually every poll reinforces overwhelming American sentiment against the democrat proposed bills.

Contrary to popular belief, conservatives are out there doing the heavy lifting.

jdflorida on February 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM

capejasmine on February 25, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Sometimes I use ;-) for my snarksand sometimes I do not.

There was a thread in the past couple weeks where many commentators were tearing into Ryan for his TARP vote and calling him a psuedo-conservative. If we tear everyone down, we will have no one to lead. If Ryan can lead WI as Gov, I would love to have him as my President.

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I’m glad they attended. They’ve used it to their advantage. When the enemy is weak, they are attacking.

ted c on February 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM

anybody notice how each person on the panel has their own Obama “while helvetica on blue background” name plate. See where our taxes go? It is so disgusting how narcissistic Obama is. I don’t think even Narcissus was as enamored of himself as Obama is. Maybe Webster ought to change it to Obamaist.

kscheuller on February 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM

joe_doufu on February 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM
I’m sure that would take in alot us,as I also did not want them to go but if you look at the forum that the R’s had,in front of the media,THAT IS PRICELESS!of course they have been saying it all along,but the media would not give them the time of day.

ohiobabe on February 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Sounds like the Pubs did well today, better than I expected. But some creative editing by the MSM could negate much of that, as I always anticipate. Time will tell, but it seems I might have been wrong about the Pubs staying away from the meeting. Hopefully enough of their best will get through to the public, to keep the Dems at bay on this Health Control farce.

Liam on February 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Tony737 on February 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

hahah… I think BHO sharted himself.

ted c on February 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM

sorry “while helvetica” s/b “white helvetica” referring, of course, to the font used in all of his campaign materials in 2008.

kscheuller on February 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM

BOHICA, Barry.

search4truth on February 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Maybe the GOP sandbagged Obama the first time around?

I do think we don’t give our representatives enough credit for clear thinking but this would be assuming they are beyond Machiavelli in their tactics and that is a little hard to swallow.

(I used the figure of speech “hard to swallow” in deference to our new gay overlords.)

Bill C on February 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I thought the ‘Pubbies
Should have sent Ryan, alone…
That sumbitch is sharp!

Haiku Guy on February 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM

The woman behind Rep. Becerra looks like Pamela Smart. Watch your backs, boys.

turfmann on February 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Not to worry, Pam is still locked up doing life.

Interesting you should bring her up-I saw a new prison interview with her a few weeks ago on WMUR-TV here in New Hampshire. She still blames her behavior on everyone else. None of it was her fault at all.

Sounds exactly like everyone else in the Democrat Party, doesn’t she?

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Do you guys have any more like this?

ernesto on February 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Cantor is pretty good, but cannot think of others off the top of my head. I expect that the GOP will have a lot of good young leaders that grew-up during the Reagan years.

IL, which has been a GOP waste land for a decade, has many young guns. Schock is GOP US Rep. I have a 32 year old running to unseat a DEm in my district. A 28 yr old won the GOP primary for LT Gov.

I have hope that the next crop will fulfill what the 1994 class set out to do.

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM

The Republicans deserve props… Good work fellas

barrythrowslikeagirl on February 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM

The answers do not lie in Washington, the Democrats do. YOU LIE!

Philly on February 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Liam on February 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM

You’ll get your answer at 5 PM Eastern time, when Wolf starts his daily cartoon show for Democrat kids.

And then again at 6 PM on PBS, followed by 6:30 PM on the alphabets.

But the best creative editing will of course be between 8 and 9 PM on MSDNC.

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM

OK quick let me see a show of hands of everyone that is upset that BO is getting his head handed to him? Come on? One hand? There has to be one fellow upset for him. No? Not one? Sigh …..

Jdripper on February 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Isn’t it amazing that no matter what the subject of a meeting, Obama is the least experienced person involved?

SPYguy on February 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM

It’s really hard for me respect CNN’s opinion on anything, even when it’s praise for the GOP.

birdman on February 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Jim Cooper has come down with Blame Bush Syndrome. Call a waaahhmbulance.

Philly on February 25, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Paul Ryan nailed it out of the park on that last exchange.
As for the people who said that they would never vote for him because he voted for TARP.
I think we as conservatives need to be careful to not fall into the trap of black and white litmus tests to judge someone to be a “true” conservative.
Back during the recent financial cave in this country experienced even most brilliant economists and lawmakers were slapping themselves in the forehead trying to figure out how to stop the fall.
If we are going to judge a man who by all account could be a hugely bright future leader of the party and very possibly country by one vote during a time such as that, when all indications were that the end of the world was near then we are never going to win another election and dont deserve to.

Paul Ryan is awesome and no one vote is going to change that.

Ryan/Pence 2012

HoosierCon on February 25, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Actually, the whole Republican crew seems to have brought their A game today. You know no democrat will read “Hot Air” because it’s beneath them but the Republicans may have started listening to the people.

Vince on February 25, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Something that occured to me today also is the fact that when you have your facts and you have studied and more importantly you are not lying,it comes very natural and the enemy has no answer to that.The R’s were cool,putting the facts in o’s face where the D’s were using sob stories and could not refer to the bill which they know noone wants.

ohiobabe on February 25, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Sounds exactly like everyone else in the Democrat Party, doesn’t she?

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I saw the same interview and concur completely.

turfmann on February 25, 2010 at 3:36 PM

The Republicans deserve props… Good work fellas

barrythrowslikeagirl on February 25, 2010 at 3:30 P
Ha:) Didn’t you hear,O said stop using the bill as a prop!:)What a stark example of a no-nothing,inexperienced leader.Rush told a story of a blogger who stated that the media knows more about the killer whale than our prez!

ohiobabe on February 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM