Quotes of the day

posted at 10:40 pm on February 25, 2010 by Allahpundit

“More likely to be white and male than the general population, tea partyers also skew toward middle age or older. That’s the tell. Most came of age in the 1960s, an era distinguished by widespread disrespect for government. In their wonder years, they learned that politics was about protesting the Establishment and shouting down the Man. No wonder they’re doing that now…

“The tea party is a harbinger of midlife crisis, not political crisis. For men of a certain age, it offers a counterculture experience familiar from adolescence — underground radio, esoteric tracts, consciousness-raising teach-ins and rallies replete with extroverted behavior to shock the squares — all paid for with ample cash…

“Ah, tea partyer, we know ye well. One of your signs says ‘Listen to ME!’ That’s all that’s ever really mattered — the original ‘me generation’ grabbing the spotlight and the world’s attention by whatever means necessary. The rest, whether beads, bell bottoms or birther slogans, is just a means to the same end.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Aw. I don’t care about the whining about tea parties.

It’s all just a symptom of the larger issue. The media’s disappointment with President Super Jesus himself, Mr. Obama.

He’s just not getting great things done with his impressive teleprompter skills and a wave of his mighty hand.

Moesart on February 26, 2010 at 12:56 AM

the protestors throw rocks, urine, feces, whatever they can at them, and only when they finally have to arrest them for property damage, burning cars, etc….

HornetSting on February 26, 2010 at 12:49 AM

It’s like they let the inmates in GITMO out and ship them to these capitalist summits to commit anarchy.

I am also of mixed race. I am part Canadian. (no offense, canoptfor)

Kini on February 26, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Cage match time!

Add hippie…stir for a couple minutes and…

Voila! Tea Party!

This is how those stuck in college think folks. It’s a sickness.

russcote on February 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM

I am also of mixed race. I am part Canadian. (no offense, canoptfor)

Kini on February 26, 2010 at 12:57 AM

LOL~you like margaritas and you SHARE…you’re good in my book, Kini.

HornetSting on February 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Tea partiers are ex-hippies now? Man, these people truly live in a world of their own making. I don’t think I saw more than a handful of old white dudes at my Tea Party. In fact, I’d say women in their 30s and 40s outnumbered most other groups (if you want to engage in identity politics which the LA Times will be disappointed to learn most TPers do not), probably because most of them have children and they’re terrified for their futures.

NoLeftTurn on February 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM

This writer has it completely backwards. Tea Partiers are the ones who didn’t protest in the sixties. The ones who did are the ones responsible for the mess we’re in.

Connie on February 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM

When you were a youngster, did you ever have an old beater – lemon of a car?

Every week needing a minor repair, every month or three a major repair; Every day banging on the steering wheel and begging, praying, screaming and cursing at it to just please start and get you to work or school on time?

And after a few years of that; First you find out that the car mechanic you have been using just put honey in the transmission to get it to get you down the road for a few weeks, rather than the rebuild he charged you for, and that he was also the guy that kept swiping your spare change from the glove box too?…

Then, you total up the repair costs, the dollar value of lost time and mental anguish that that old POS cost you and discover you could have bought a nice new car and had it paid off by now?

The Republican party IS that car. And the Beltway GOP Establishment is that crooked mechanic. Cheaper and less frustrating to just take it to the crusher where it belongs and go buy a new one.

LegendHasIt on February 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Tea Partiers are a bunch of middle age white, racist, nazi, astroturf, 40-something, anti-establishment, anarchists, truther, birther, male, female, Palin supporting, libertarian, far right, fringe people?

Do I have it or did I miss something?

MeatHeadinCA on February 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Reagan lovers

unseen on February 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Gen Xers are just jealous ’cause Boomers have more fun.

Just sayin’ . . .

The Other McCain on February 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM

“More likely to be white and male than the general population, tea partyers also skew toward middle age or older.”

O stupid, stupid fvck, are men not always the greater portion of political activists?

Kralizec on February 26, 2010 at 1:34 AM

LegendHasIt on February 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM

It not the Car, it’s the mechanic that keeps the car going, or not going, nickle and dime’ing, is more like it.

Just as long you buy Government Motors and not Toyota.

I ♥ My Yugo!

Kini on February 26, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Kralizec on February 26, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Yeah, we only want to be in front of the TV with a beer.

Kini on February 26, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Gen Xers Liberals are just jealous ’cause Boomers Conservatives have more fun.

Just sayin’ . . .

The Other McCain on February 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Yup, Hot Tub, Smoking 401k and FIFY

Kini on February 26, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Reagan lovers

unseen on February 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM

No I’m pretty sure it’s the same thing.

russcote on February 26, 2010 at 1:45 AM

And now Andy Levy/Pundon’t targets the Tea Party movement.

long_cat on February 26, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Gen Xers are just jealous ’cause Boomers have more fun.

Just sayin’ . . .

The Other McCain on February 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM

It’s “Had” old man…had. Past tense.

For the record, Stacey McCain didn’t respond to my whiskey shot offer in Boston for Rino McRinoson’s election.

Still waiting Boomer!

russcote on February 26, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Gen Xers are just jealous ’cause Boomers have more fun.

Just sayin’ . . .

The Other McCain on February 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Now the gloves are coming off! ;o)

NoLeftTurn on February 26, 2010 at 1:51 AM

I don’t think so.

I saw no steam from her breath.

Saltysam on February 26, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I can’t even believe we are arguing about this, but yeah, there was “steam” coming out of her mouth, a bit. Her hair was blowing too.

Look, they are only 100 ft from the North Pole up there. (might as well be) Many days it’s 20, 30, 40 degrees BELOW ZERO. 20 degrees above probably feels like 70 to us!

It’s a whole ‘nuther world up there.

Past that, she was powerful. Ronald Reagan in heels. Optimistic as hell, and full of spirit.

For all of you cats that don’t get it, all Sarah has to do in 2012 is look into the camera and ask the American people if they are better off now than 4 years ago.

Game over.

gary4205 on February 26, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Where the hell did Palin get that accent from? I have never heard anyone from Alaska sound like that. It almost sounds like a caricature of a midwest accent, like someone is trying to be folksy.

thphilli on February 26, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Why didn’t we see this about the anti-war rallies. If you “came of age” in 68, then you were born in 1950, and you’re 60 years old today. How are 60-year-olds going through a “mid-life crisis”? They were probably closer to that during the Anti-war rallies against Bush Sr. and Bush Jr.

‘Course I didn’t hear this analysis then. Closer in age, closer in theme, still no “mid-life” crisis rhetoric. They just don’t want to explain away liberal protests.

Axeman on February 26, 2010 at 2:30 AM

gary4205 on February 26, 2010 at 2:27 AM

What are you even talking about. There is not a single day it is below 20 degrees for the high in Wasilla. And your concept of the 2012 race is as laughable as your “knowledge” of AK temps.

thphilli on February 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM

thphilli on February 26, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Well, if you’re so class conscious, it’s a western accent. Seems like you’re the phony, not Sarah.

atheling on February 26, 2010 at 2:33 AM

I was too busy working myself through college to protest.

jukin on February 26, 2010 at 2:33 AM

thphilli on February 26, 2010 at 2:28 AM

So now you are going to pretend you have never heard her before? She sounds exactly like she has sounded since she showed up as McCains VP.

Do you think she has been faking what she really sounds like all this time? Get a grip!

sharrukin on February 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM

thphilli on February 26, 2010 at 2:28 AM

To me, she’s talking da kine.

It means, she speaking from the heart, the love for family and country. E Pluribus Unum: Look it up.

Folksy connects with us Tea Party’ers…. the accent is inconsequential, it’s the record of accomplishments that counts.

So, what are you taking stink about?

Kini on February 26, 2010 at 3:02 AM

a very good laugh..

unseen on February 26, 2010 at 3:18 AM

As I understand it, Midwestern accents are not uncommon in Alaska because many of the people who settled there came from the upper Midwest. Perhaps one of our Alaskans can correct me if I’m wrong.

NoLeftTurn on February 26, 2010 at 3:22 AM

“The tea party is a harbinger of midlife crisis, not political crisis”

Hmmmm, I suppose I need to purchase some Hot Government Motors (GM) vehicle to stroke my shrinking elderly ego.

Only to find Andy Stern will be permanently seated next to me with that eerie smirk on his face. I’m not a homophobe, but the guy is kinda creepy. Don’tcha think?

What a shrinking, shriveling, thought, to my midlife crisis.

Kini on February 26, 2010 at 3:34 AM

unseen on February 26, 2010 at 3:18 AM

LOL!

Kini on February 26, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Ah liberal, we know you well, hell bent on bankrupting the country we love on some misguided ‘share the missery’ logic, excusing you’re plans with rants of “the rich will pay” as you condemn 5 generations of Americans into debt, from the esperts of the “me” generation.

Dollayo on February 26, 2010 at 3:58 AM

thphilli on February 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM

It’s supposed to be 23 degrees tomorrow!

But Sarah doesn’t just stay in Wasilla!

It’s -13 right now in Fairbanks and will be -18 tomorrow night. Sarah would be there if Todd and Scott had not withdrawn from the Iron Dog.

I know it’s a bit of a drive from Wasilla, but it’s currently -38 in Prudhoe Bay and with the wind it feels like -61!

I have friends in Anchorage that tell me about the freakishly cold weather they get up there. I think this year has been milder, BTW, than average.

I think my concept of things are just fine troll.

gary4205 on February 26, 2010 at 4:29 AM

Do I have it or did I miss something?

MeatHeadinCA on February 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Yep. Bought and paid for by oil and health insurance companies.

nottakingsides on February 26, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Its very ugly having to watch liberal nitwits rationalize their stupid beliefs.

Lonetown on February 26, 2010 at 4:46 AM

Mr. panda… she speaks in wispy platitudes. She wants smaller smarter government and awesome national security.

Which, yay. But an Old Navy model could say the exact same thing with more depth I think.

happyfeet on February 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM

“Wispy platitudes” about “smarter government” spoken by a “model”???

Feets, you just described your friggin’ empty-suit President.

Soros zombie, spamming for beer money.

Venusian Visitor on February 26, 2010 at 5:22 AM

LA Times = nimrod$. Don’t they realize the college students of the 60s are now TAXPAYERS?

Methinks they do. And that’s why they’re so very, very afraid.

(BTW, this little lady teapartier loves it when the MSM stereotypes me. Golly, I thought the liberals were all about appreciating differences an’ stuff!!! /s)

Grace_is_sufficient on February 26, 2010 at 6:04 AM

i didn’t know the L.A. Times was an Egyptian publication.

You know: PROJECTION, it’s not just a river in Egypt.

So, this is how the hippies end….

Lockstein13 on February 26, 2010 at 6:11 AM

thphilli on February 26, 2010 at 2:28 AM

NoLeftTurn had it right here. Lots of upper-midwesterners relocated to MatSu during the Roosevelt admin. Palmer, for example, has a cute little hotel that was a teachers’ dorm for all the transplants. Remember also her folks are from Idaho. Wonder how she pronounces Boissse?

DrSteve on February 26, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Its very ugly having to watch liberal nitwits rationalize their stupid beliefs.

Lonetown on February 26, 2010 at 4:46 AM

I find it entertaining. Primarily because they rationalize knowing full well that they come off sounding like idiots. You notice how quick the filthy lying coward in the White House shut down discussions yesterday when McCain came too close to the truth?

highhopes on February 26, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Obama and the Democrats are lost and have nothing of any substance to offer. Their only recourse was for Obama to revert to his natural state of being a smug wise-ass. Obama thinks he’s an omnipotent Führer rather than an elected official. This once great Republic is very sick and is declining and decaying rapidly.

rplat on February 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I can’t totally disagree with the LA times column. I really wish I could, being in the Gen X I’ve hated self-indulgent baby boomers for decades now. I’m a man of the right, I like the energy tea-party goers bring, but i can see the authors points and it does put a perspective on the movement. Of course it’s full of it’s own gross generalizations.,

coondawg on February 26, 2010 at 7:13 AM

While I am not quite sure why it comes up all of the time, pretty soon every time the white demographic is brought up they will immediately say “not that there is anything wrong with that”. Articles like this are stupid.

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 7:23 AM

coondawg on February 26, 2010 at 7:13 AM

These people are not asking for themselves. They are asking for the government to take the tough steps it needs get the country’s financial house in order. They are probably the ones who will feel the biggest brunt of it. The will retire later and take less in retirement. If you ask me it’s not the tea party folks who are “self-indulgent baby boomer” but the folks who are mocking them while asking the government to give them yet another entitlement.

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Most of the activists in my tea party meetings are middle aged women.

HondaV65 on February 26, 2010 at 7:30 AM

*cough, cough* umm, more stereotyping of us. I was born in the 90′s and have attended as many tea parties I could have attended. And its not “Listen to ME” its “Listen to the American people”

g8trman307 on February 26, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Jim Spencer and Curtis Ellis are Democratic political consultants based in Boston and New York, respectively.

Reading the article is not necessary, the above is all we need to know that the article was written by a couple of dishonest, dysfunctional ad probably corrupt dirtbags. Unlike ed, I don’t believe the people on the other side working to take away my freedoms are just “good Americans who think think things should be done a different way.” I think they are dangerous and disturbed individuals and that someday in the far future scientists will study their bizarre and suicidal philosphies that lead to the destruction of Western civilization and the coming of the second dark ages.

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Have you been absent for a while?

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 7:37 AM

There is some portion of the tea party movement that were once protesters in the sixties. people change their minds as they grow older and wiser. The great thing about being human is that we aren’t locked into rigid patterns of thought and behavior. We can learn, if we have the humility to do so, and throw off the weight of a foolish past.

The tea party movement is filled with Americans. Americans who either desperately want their America back, or who regret not paying enough attention in the first place and allowing what is good and right about our nation to slip away. Americans are learning how to recognize “the lie” when they see it and are defeating it with the truth.

Tea partiers are Americans defending truth.

pugwriter on February 26, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Another way to look at this article. Look at the age of people running our government….bet there were some wearing beads and flashing the peace sign in college.( :

yoda on February 26, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Have you been absent for a while?
Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Hello, Cindy

I’ve been very busy with work and other stuff for awhile now and don’t spend as much free time on the computer as I used too. Most of my work is done on a computer so I escape it as much as possible. I pop in every once and awhile and vent but usually don’t stick around. As an atypical member of the Tea Party movement, how are you?

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Cindy Munford

And are you as over this winter weather as I am?

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 7:51 AM

consultants based in Boston and New York

And doesn’t that say it all.

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 8:00 AM

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I am excellent. Monday will be my last day at my job due to the government take over of student loans. As for the winter, I can’t in good conscience complain since I am in Northern Florida but even here it’s been really chilly. This is normally the time of year where we save up for the summer utility bills with the constant use of a/c but the furnace has been required. And that’s with the thermostat set as 65. But luckily no snow.

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 8:06 AM

yoda on February 26, 2010 at 7:48 AM

You ruined my breakfast…all I can picture is SanFranNan in a peasant blouse and a headband with a peace sign on it.
Harry is in John Lennon sunglasses, tie-dye and has, um a ponytail. Ewwwwww!

Chewy the Lab on February 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM

LOL!

Kini on February 26, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Yeap I haven’t laughed that hard since Mitt lost to ron Paul at his own straw poll.

unseen on February 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Liberal projection at best, amateur panic due to losing control of the poor message they are pushing. The liberal gameplan failure lies in Alinsky never planned on today’s alternate media 24/7. Rules for radicals will not work on the American people and one of the reason’s is our connect through alternate media. Example is his embarrassing admonishment of John McCain. The American People are able to watch for themselves an American puppet talk down to an American War Hero much his senior. In Texas, Obama would be taken behind the woodshed and spanked.

texriot on February 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM

yoda on February 26, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Shoot, there a bunch of them that probably still run with ELF and whoever the idiots who vandalize cities where economic summits are held. Besides peace symbols and tie dye there are probably some full face stocking caps and mandatory black outfits included in their wardrobe.

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Harry is in John Lennon sunglasses, tie-dye and has, um a ponytail. Ewwwwww!
Chewy the Lab on February 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Those are two scary hippies!!! You can bet Botox Nan was one of the daisy pickin’ girls and Dingy Harry was eatin’ those funny tasting brownies.

yoda on February 26, 2010 at 8:24 AM

yoda on February 26, 2010 at 8:24 AM

The funny tasting brownies would explain a lot, but I’m a thinkin that Ms. Polosi might have dropped a little acid…on her face I mean.

Chewy the Lab on February 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Chewy the Lab on February 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM

The acid explains it!! ( :
How about Hillary and Joe Biden. They were smoking some of that wacky tobacky.

yoda on February 26, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Spencer & Ellis speak of inalienable rights.

The Constitution protects the unalienable rights of humanity. Vocabulary definitions: Revisionist ‘words just words’ vs. Authentic ‘words have meaning’ application. Inalienable does not equate to unalienable; look it up. Inalienable can be forfeited or given away; whereas unalienable are inherent, instrinsic and nontransferable endowments.

“Listen to ME!” write Spencer & Ellis.

…while they yell over the protesters against their ideological corruption of our Constitutional Governance.

Spencer and Ellis are covering up too much at once. Try on this thought: NOT EVERYONE DURING THE 1960-70s WENT LEFT.

You will find all ages in the Tea Party. Of course that includes Americans who never deserted our Constitution in favor of revisionism, just as that includes Americans disillusioned by efforts to fix the ageless yet contemporary social problems via socialism.

For Spencer and Ellis, Inc., the only ME to hear is the intolerant LEFT, now as the maladjusted establishment just the opposite from in the 1960s and 70s as the maladjusted protesters. Note well, as ever, if you’re not LEFT, you’re not IN their cult of perversity where only the LEFT is given voice or credence. In the LEFT, you may not reconsider your agenda; you may never allow your political opponents’ platform or record any credibility in your own mind or in the public arena. Destroy and revise all records, particularly the Constitution that prohibits authoritarianism which socialism produces.

The “TEACH-INS” were another LEFTIST SDS initial phenomena as were their inebriated sit-ins. Obama’s Economic Summit is just the current opportunistic ideological socialist TEACH-IN and all legislators and media representatives must sit-in or be found in contempt by the Obamaster whose time is neither party’s but his autonomous own.

Obama and his nots monopolize the words, LISTEN TO ME, as if no one else has a voice with pertinent meaning.

Obamaster: all those “no ones” who never agreed with Obama AND all those “no ones” who are disillusioned by the YOU LIE Obama still cling to our UNALIENABLE RIGHTS as well as our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

True enough, the Tea Party is simply the functioning protestation comprising contrasting elements ripe for plunder, and currently being consumed by the corrupt neoconservative leadership in the GOP who themselves are an extension of socialism as the “good” compassionate Republicans. Trust them; they have the very “experience” that you protest as corruption. Convolute the Tea Party effort from within.

maverick muse on February 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Allah,
When did you start smokin crack? This doesn’t sound like you at all, just making things up. Do you have a fever and your delirious or is this what we can expect from you based on the new ownership?

New Patriot on February 26, 2010 at 8:53 AM

We were never hippies, as we were too busy working and raising a family. Heard about them but never saw one. I always believed it was a California thing. We went to a tea party with a sign and it felt good to vent against a govmint that is selling us down the Yellow River.

Kissmygrits on February 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

The “teach-ins” were student Marxists pirating the scholarly institution authority, telling fellow students to disregard everything that the scholarly institution taught.

The “sit-ins” were the student Marxists pirating independence revised to be anarchy.

These Marxists phenomena convinced weak minds (the majority of people seeking popularity and opportunities to manipulate others to support them whether or not by choice) that students deserve the right to threaten teachers and to dictate curriculum. Even though the students were/are not yet scholars, they were granted rights to “dictate” by the authorities pressured to prevent the students’ real threat of anarchy, riots, fires and destruction of private and public property belonging to taxpayers. Weak-knee officials kicked the ball down the road under the premise that the kids would grow out of their stupidity and come to their responsible senses if left alone to stew in Marxism.

NO THANKS to the self-preservationists in BOTH PARTIES who continue to permit the American Marxists to dissolve the Constitution bit by bit. So long as the corruption has occurred, you won’t rescind it. Lifting a finger to rescind corruption makes you feel UNCOMFORTABLE. Let corruption bygones be bygones, forget it. Keep saying that the corruption within your own party doesn’t matter; only the corruption in your opponent’s party matters. That way all the corruption stays intact as the Constitution revisionists progress with the foolish participation of the GOP co-opted/revised establishment sanctioned Tea Party that eschews Libertarians who started the movement.

Conundrum.

maverick muse on February 26, 2010 at 9:01 AM

In a flashback of “turn on, tune in, drop out,” the partyers reject mainstream culture, don the equivalent of Che T-shirts that say “Don’t Tread on Me,” and join sects with trippy names like Oath Keepers, Patriotic Resistance and Freedom Force. Instead of getting themselves “back to the garden,” they get off the grid and, like the Bill Ayers crew, indulge in fantasies about armed rebellion against the establishment.

Che encouraged treading on everyone; the Founding Fathers opposed it.

Bill Ayers wanted to destroy America; the Tea Partyers want to defend it.

I know…don’t sweat the small stuff./

Disturb the Universe on February 26, 2010 at 9:13 AM

It’s always cool to rage against the machine, until you become the machine.

Disturb the Universe on February 26, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Teach-ins and sit-ins produced our contemporary society of adults.

Adults lead our socialist permeated government, including our education system that should never have been co-opted by statism.

To the root of our problem, teach-ins and sit-ins produced today’s generation of parents who believe that their children’s right to self-determination includes IMPROPER STUDY METHODS AT HOME.

Particularly in homes where both parents work, and in homes where no parent works, the responsibility for child’s education is displaced from duties at home entirely onto the teacher in class. Given that situation, students should stay at school until their homework is properly completed with teachers monitoring student study time.

Face it, the vast majority of parents today practice leniency rearing their children. All of the legislation to improve student education places ALL RESPONSIBILITY ON THE TEACHER AND NONE ON THE STUDENT TO STUDY UNTIL THE LESSON BECOMES THEIR OWN KNOWLEDGE.

Lazy students + lazy parents = failure.

The only way that any person learns a lesson is by practicing the lesson until it becomes absorbed to use as knowledge. THE STUDENTS have had their personal responsibility to achieve removed because it’s just too inconvenient to maintain the responsibility standard or morality when parents would rather endorse that responsibility principally upon schools, churches, any institution perceived as more important or powerful than their own family. When parents give up their responsibility to tutor-monitor their child’s homework, children are left to become whatever. Whatever fails to accomplish the requirement of dedicated responsible study habits that insure personal academic maturity.

maverick muse on February 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

New Patriot on February 26, 2010 at 8:53 AM

The Quote of the Day is never written by AP or Mr. Morrissey, it is the posting of a current article written by various pundits.

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM

The first Tea Party will be held this Saturday… in the UK.

mizflame98 on February 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Obama wants to be the first dictator and the liberal leadership want to be the first totalitarian political party to gain complete control over U.S..

MSGTAS on February 26, 2010 at 9:44 AM

NoLeftTurn on February 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM

The Tea Parties I’ve attended here in AZ also seemed to be attended by more women than men.

I think these authors are full of crap. Their theories aren’t based on any empirical evidence, just the Libs’ standard narrative that Tea Partiers are mainly a bunch of dumb racist old white guys with nothing better to do with their time.

AZCoyote on February 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Does anybody have a count of all the different descriptions placed upon Tea people? I keep looking, still havent found one that really describes me. I guess I’m just a freak…

JusDreamin on February 26, 2010 at 9:56 AM

“The tea party is a harbinger of midlife crisis,

This is news to me. I was unexpectedly unaware that I am considered midlife. I am also unexpectedly unprecedentedly unaware that I was having a crisis to go along with my midlife.

Maybe it is not this complicated. Maybe, just maybe, instead of having a midlife crisis, I would just like to see my (and everyone else’s) taxes lowered.

rukiddingme on February 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Could AllahPundit PLEASE tell us WHO SAID the “quotes of the day”! The quotes are accompanied with a photo of Sarah Palin, although she would NEVER say the kind of things that are in those quotes! Besides, aren’t quotes supposed to be attributed to their speaker, even if we disagree with them?

Connie on February 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Bingo!!! Today’s Tea Partiers who were “of age” in the 1960′s were the responsible “silent majority” who were busy building and protecting the country that the hippies wanted to tear down. They voted for Richard Nixon twice, when nobody in the media knew anyone who voted for him.

Obama was too young to be a 1960′s protestor, but he was a confused young man from a broken family who “found himself” (remember that from the 60′s?) through mentors from the radical fringe (Saul Alinsky, Bill Ayers, Louis Farrakhan, Jeremiah Wright), and Obama has made 60′s radicalism his own “establishment”, to be shoved down the throats of everyone else.

Tea Partiers are NOT radicals or old hippies! They are a mixture of Reagan conservatives, who see Obama as a reincarnation of Jimmuh Carter, and Nixon’s “silent majority”, who can no longer afford to be silent, while their country is stolen from them by a radical President.

Steve Z on February 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I am in Northern Florida but even here it’s been really chilly

Cindy
Don’t forget I’m one of your neighbors. We haven’t had this miserable a winter in at least 12 years. I’m a shorts, t shirt and flip flops guy and I’m over the long pants, shoes and sweatshirts.

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Steve Z on February 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM

???

There’s an imbedded link in the quote that takes you to the source article.

Also, Palin’s picture is there to draw clicks and because she’s speaking in the video… but mostly to draw clicks! :)

cs89 on February 26, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Could AllahPundit PLEASE tell us WHO SAID the “quotes of the day”!
Steve Z on February 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Click the blue links. They’ll take you to the quotes.

Tennman on February 26, 2010 at 10:54 AM

maverick muse on February 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

You would actually give leftist teachers more time with your children?

Slowburn on February 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Why are white, middle-aged, middle-class, Christian, American males so maligned?

We still pay most of the bills for this country. As young men we fought and died for this country.

Why are our opinions and beliefs subject to minimalization and ridicule?

I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it any more!

Metanis on February 26, 2010 at 11:08 AM

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM

I did forget, sorry. Are you going to attend any of the local tea party events? I have a co-worker who is a member that keeps me informed but I might have join now.

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Tennman on February 26, 2010 at 10:54cs89 on February 26, 2010 at 10:49 AM AM

Steve Z on February 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM
New Patriot on February 26, 2010 at 8:53 AM

*sigh*

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM

She oversimplifies still.

AnninCA on February 26, 2010 at 12:13 PM

AnninCA on February 26, 2010 at 12:13 PM

According to Ms. Jarrett, of the administration, I am sure we still don’t get it.

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM

but I might have to join now.

I’m sorry, Cindy, but as a woman, and apparently a well adjusted woman, you are not eligible. If you decide to have a sex change and become very angry feel free to reapply.

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 12:27 PM

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 12:27 PM

LOL! My co-worker has managed to fool them.

Cindy Munford on February 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM

LOL! My co-worker has managed to fool them.

Or he’s pulling a Mrs. Doubtfire on you.

peacenprosperity on February 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I hope she’s the real deal……….and I hope that the Tea Party yanks the GOP back to the right.

If that happens, and people stay engaged (which Michelle Obama promised her husband would force everyone to do) it might be okay……..and we might survive as a nation.

God help us.

PappyD61 on February 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Actually, I would call myself a Constitutional Conservative (not Republican anymore) and I’ve attended a couple of Obamacare/Tea Party/912 events and actually have a copy of the Constitution here on my desk.

What do Libs/Progressives/Marxists have on their desks?

Rules for Radicals? Like one poster said……which are Independents most likely to follow (provided we have a Communicator that’s effective and unafraid)?

PappyD61 on February 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Connie on February 26, 2010 at 1:21 AM

You are completely right. But the news media has been busy trying to portray those in the Tea Party as nothing but terrorist. That is a tactic that Liberal have used for many years now. Tell one lie after another until people start believing them.

darwinatridge on February 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Okay, firstly, I’ll give you that most of the Tea Partiers are white, though not all as the media would have us believe and not for the racist reasons they always cite. But men? No, a good portion of the Tea Partiers (possibly the majority), certainly the local leaders, are women. If anyone ever reads “The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements” by Eric Hoffer, he has some interesting insights on the roles of women in many modern mass movements.

Secondly, this is claiming that the Tea Partiers are erstwhile hippies?

REALLY???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…..

Animator Girl on February 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

The quotes in the opening thread commentary are incendiary enough.

Clearly this reinforces the evidence which shows that the leftists are mean, nasty, hate filled, bigoted people who are full of hatred and venom.

In other words, they are sick, perverted people who have not been taking their medication, and who should probably be enclosed in a locked straight jacket, locked inside a padded room, shot up with drugs to keep them quiet and prevent them from hurting themselves.

Has anyone wiped away the drool that is spilling from their foamy, frothy mouths?

Can anyone say “rabid animals?”

Bark much?

William2006 on February 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I find it funny that I’ve read a few RonBots claiming that Sarah is working with the RNC to take control of the Tea Party Patriot movement, yet there she is explaining exactly what many, perhaps most, of the Patriots are working to accomplish. IMHO, She/they have it right, and as a plan it is picture perfect. Now all we need is the right candidates to support.

BTW, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when McLame watched that segment. [snicker]

DannoJyd on February 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM