Obama group’s new strategy: Let’s get O-bots to spam right-wing radio with talking points

posted at 8:30 pm on February 25, 2010 by Allahpundit

Remember during the campaign how, after the election, Obama was going to turn his online organization into a fearsome juggernaut laying waste to the right?

It’s come to this.

The online tool presents users with a radio show discussing political topics, to which supporters can listen live, and the phone number for that station, for when health care comes up. It also offers tips for callers and talking points on the issue.

My quick sampling produced Christian radio, a local talk station in Buffalo, and the syndicated talk shows of Dr. Laura Schlessinger and Sean Hannity — who will no doubt be thrilled with their new, liberal callers.

Supporters are then encouraged to report back on their encounters.

Imagine the tremendous persuasive effect of listening to Obama cultists leadenly reading off a list of “Discussion Points” to, say, Mark Levin. Radio magic worthy of Paul Harvey, my friends.

The true value of this moronic scheme is that it gives me an excuse to post this bit from Beck’s radio show today. If you missed the health-care summit, don’t worry — this captures 90 percent of the Democrats’ argument. Thanks to the Right Scoop, as always, for clipping it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I can’t imagine Dr. Laura talking about health care, but if she does, I almost feel sorry for these poor, unsuspecting liberals calling her up. After she beats them generously about the head and shoulders, they’ll be curled up in a corner licking their wounds for a week.

NoLeftTurn on February 26, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Oh my gosh. That was the weirdest thing I have ever heard. I’ve never caught Beck on the radio… Is that a bad thing?

petunia on February 26, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Beck was hysterical today. I love when he and Pat just go off and start doing their Muppet voices and the like. I had this one on while I was working today and I think people around me thought I was nuts. This was classic, even for them.

NoLeftTurn on February 26, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I say sweet! More dim whitted Obamabots calling into John Gibson (my favorite radio guy) will make the show even more fun. He puts these crazies to the front and often lets them ramble on making fools of themselves.

Ampersand on February 26, 2010 at 2:23 AM

It’s a win-win for the talk show hosts.
Ratings will go even higher, O-bots will make their shows more interesting, conservatives can refine their points and rebuttals to liberal non-sense.
Plus their is a chance some young liberals will be won over.

LeeSeneca on February 26, 2010 at 3:06 AM

petunia on February 26, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Yes, he’s much more sane on the radio. On TV he’s more of a showman. Playing to your audience as it were.

- The Cat

MirCat on February 26, 2010 at 4:58 AM

So Cousin Pookie, who couldn’t be bothered to get off the couch to vote, is going to call these shows and wait on hold to speak “truf to power”?

ya2daup on February 26, 2010 at 5:06 AM

ya2daup on February 26, 2010 at 5:06 AM

Huh? who couldn’t be bothered to get off the couch to vote?
They voted, he is president.

IowaWoman on February 26, 2010 at 6:01 AM

Some one has a wicked sense of humor.

Sooo…the liberal response to conservative talk radio is to get more liberals to listen to, and be indoctrinated by, Rush Limbaugh…all while increasing his audience size and the rates which he can charge his advertisers.

Morons…lmao

percysunshine on February 26, 2010 at 7:40 AM

I’m never convinced to change my stance more, than after seeing a parade-o-tar 0bama supporters spamming the same few lines, on a message board…

Not.

MNHawk on February 26, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Remain calm. Remember who you represent.

maverick muse on February 26, 2010 at 7:54 AM

great way to start the day. I actually watched the summit yesterday, except for about 30 minutes when I literally fell over from boredom. and it is true, this prez is trying to make legislation based on “10 letters he takes to residence” each night. LOL. If I had known politics was this entertaining I would have started paying attention a long time ago. But then again, it takes a very light mood to laugh because the truth is nothing has ever been this serious in my life.

skeedro on February 26, 2010 at 8:02 AM

If the liberals are calling into conservative radio talk shows with talking points they face one major problem: They actually have to defend their points with facts and logic. They are not accustomed to doing that and which is why talk radio is so popular. It shines the light on the lies and distortions of leftist ideology.

A list of talking points won’t wash because there will actually be someone to debunk the thought. Liberalism can never withstand the light of truth.

I think this is great.

artman1746 on February 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Fight fire with fire. Let’s all pretend we’re liberals and “report back” that our conversations with the radio hosts convinced us the health care plan is a wash.

fusionaddict on February 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Liberals will call up Rush to take him on, and will be torn to shreds…that is what is so funny about the liberals.
When confronted with facts, their policies don’t hold up…that is why their is basically no liberal talk radio, when exposed their ideas fail.
Rush will open it up for these callers all day. If this is the liberals campaign, this will be the greatest campaign for the right ever.
Rush has been begging for liberals to call in for decades.
Liberal policies can only be passed in the dead of night, on a holiday, or “snuck” in another bill…they can’t debate it outright, as shown the other day.

right2bright on February 26, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Don’t these morons realize that they don’t have to organize a campaign to call talk radio shows, they can just pick up a phone.

Leave it to a liberal to put more work into something than is actually needed.

Pcoop on February 26, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Right on cue, listening to Chris Baker driving in, and an 0-tar 0bama Supporter just rattling off the talking points, never able to respond to the host.

Really. I’m convinced.

MNHawk on February 26, 2010 at 8:52 AM

I’ve bookmarked the site.

I email them about every 5 minutes reminding them of what pieces of scum they are.

Two can play this game.

cntrlfrk on February 26, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Wow! How cool is this? I live in an area where I can’t receive shows like Bill Bennett or Glen Beck….now I’ve got a site to find them all in one place. Fantastic!

therealfranklin on February 26, 2010 at 9:07 AM

OK I have held this back but now is the time
GIBBS was STUPID enough to announce if you TWEET him , by law it has to be preserved forever !!!!
Will RUSH play that card today ?
Just Imagine you can tweet Gibbs and tell him anything and they have to keep it ( imagine the OFI fun that can be had for decades ) .
I suspect the liberals have been beta testing this with Hannity.
Rush is the master of Sound bites .
Check the site out its name ? Obama radio ? What a joke !!
Anohter good plan is to let the Liberal read teh first paragraph the read the SECOND paragraph back to him only omitting a few words and it sounds really bad for THE ONE
Lets have fun with this as it will BACKFIRE .
Perhaps the real person is a DISTRACTION , Rangel gets a slap on the hand the same day as OBOMAMERCIAL II

ELMO Q on February 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I logged onto their website and told them I tried their idea and was \”totally overwhelmed by the intelligence of the show host and converted to conservatism.\”

Gotcha on February 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM

If you haven’t done it yet read the discussion points. This is going to be comedy gold while it lasts. If any of these callers get through they’re going to find out what it’s like to be sucked down an industrial strength garbage disposal. This has Democrat Disaster written all over it. Who’s paying for that site? My guess, taxpayers.

Oldnuke on February 26, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I suspect the liberals have been beta testing this with Hannity.
Rush is the master of Sound bites .

ELMO Q on February 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM

The problem with this tactic and Rush is that all of two or three callers get in during a three-hour period!

Interestingly enough, I’ve noticed that this week Hannity’s show has had more liberal callers that just spout talking points. Coincidence?

highhopes on February 26, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Gotcha on February 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Hee-hee. Done and done! They then asked me to call another show….and I got through again!

Marcus on February 26, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I turned Beck on in the middle of this segment and at first, I couldn’t for my life understand what was going on. I got the general gist pretty quickly, but still didn’t know about the silly 10 letter deal. I thought I would wreck my car laughing. When they were the fetuses…OMG So disturbing, but hilarious.

This is the only hope we have, making fun of the progressives. Turn them into the joke they are. They’ve had great success doing it against conservatives and Christians. I love seeing the tables turned on them.

pannw on February 26, 2010 at 9:23 AM

POTUS directly interfering with private businesses is now acceptable.

What’s next, POTUS calling for sit-ins in insurance company lobbies? Maybe Obooba will order a marine regiment to call Rush constantly to jam his lines.

Isn’t interference with commerce a crime? If done over the phone across state lines, lots of laws might apply. It’s like a service denial attack on a web site. At least I hope someone’s looking into these angles.

I’d love to see this punk get slapped down over this.

Akzed on February 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Best of Beck radio. Funny! It’s the perfect response to all the Dem’s sob stories. When you get people to laugh at a target, you usually neutralize it. Wish he’d animate this clip somehow and run it on his TV show.

petefrt on February 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM

therealfranklin,

This is just a link to a site I have posted the link to many times. Radiotime.com. You can catch every show that streams on terrestrial radio.

di butler on February 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM

From their site:
Some hosts may challenge your views. Stay calm and firm. Sharing a personal story about how health reform affects you and your family is a great way to show the importance and urgency of health reform.

Remember libs, don’t argue with facts….use feelings.
Brilliant.

tehd on February 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM

It’s amazing what Obama and his lackeys can get away with.

This sort of thing is bizarre. The top of the site explains that talk radio is a trusted source of news and opinions. We all know that no liberal group would claim right-leaning talk radio is a trusted source of news and opinion. They’d call it nazism on the radio. Then, to prove that it’s trusted, they tell their liberal supporters to call in and use their liberal talking points.

Doesn’t a list of talking points make the radio caller dishonest and biased off the bat?! UNLESS they call and say, “hi, I’m going to read through a list of Obama’s talking points his group asked me to read.” Unless they say that, then the exercise here is rank dishonesty and perversion of what democracy is.

TheBlueSite on February 26, 2010 at 9:41 AM

I’m sure that stupidity like this looks pretty good on paper to egghead Democrats… I doubt it’s going to work out all that well in real life. lol

This isn’t he first time I’ve heard of the “infiltration” scheme. Take this article from John Stossel:

January 18, 2010 10:34 AM EST by John Stossel
Stealth Propaganda

An obscure 2008 academic article gained traction with bloggers over the weekend. The article was written by the head of Obama’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Harvard Law Professor Cass Sunstein. He’s a good friend of the president and the promoter the contradictory idea: “libertarian paternalism”. In the article, he muses about what government can do to combat “conspiracy” theories:

…we suggest a distinctive tactic for breaking up the hard core of extremists who supply conspiracy theories: cognitive infiltration of extremist groups, whereby government agents or their allies … will undermine the crippled epistemology of those who subscribe to such theories. They do so by planting doubts about the theories and stylized facts that circulate within such groups, thereby introducing beneficial cognitive diversity.

That’s right. Obama’s Regulation Czar is so concerned about citizens thinking the wrong way that he proposed sending government agents to “infiltrate” these groups and manipulate them. This reads like an Onion article: Powerful government official proposes to combat paranoid conspiracy groups that believe the government is out to get them…by proving that they really are out to get them. Did nothing of what Sunstein was writing strike him as…I don’t know…crazy? “Cognitive infiltration” of extremist groups by government agents? “Stylized facts”? Was “truthiness” too pedantic?

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2010/01/18/stealth-propaganda/#ixzz0geX0yCmm

Murf76 on February 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM

As Rush says, “The caller’s job is to make the host look good.” He says that with a bit of tongue in cheek, but it’s essentially true.
After listening to talk radio for many years, this is what I have observed:

If the caller agrees with the host, the caller will do any or all of the following:
1. Suck up to the host. (IMO this is the most annoying part)
2. Ask a question that leads the host into a subject he was going to talk about.
3. Help the host to emphasize or expand on points he has already made.

If the caller disagrees, the caller will do one of the following:
1. Engage in a verbal spat where the caller ends up looking like a fool, which provides entertainment for the audience.

2. Attempt to engage in an argument with someone who controls the rules, owns the venue, and can stop it at any time they want. If the caller can keep from getting emotional and turning it into a verbal spat, they are stopped, usually because the host has to break for a commercial. If it’s a particularly interesting conversation, the host might keep the person over the break but this is rare.

One thing is for certain:
There’s no way a caller will can ever win an argument with a talk show host, because it makes the host look bad. The best outcome that a caller who disagrees with the host can hope for is to agree to disagree.

So there’s no point in these Obama people calling conservative talk radio. They are not going to win any arguments. I’m surprised that Obama’s people are advocating this.

BobOfTexas on February 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Yes, I’m sure Rush will have no idea how to deal with this.

Except for the fact that he can probably be credited with coining the term “Seminar Callers” (A seminar caller is someone who telephones a conservative radio talk show for the purpose of astroturfing).

Rush has been dealing with these clowns since at least October 2007.

pain train on February 26, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Liberals aren’t smart enough to know that after 20 years of screening calls they have it down to a science. They do let liberals on but it is always on let’s say Rush’s terms. Hannity puts through the dumbest and most unprepared callers that just hurt their own cause as he slaps them around. If the Obama cult leaders think that the radio people aren’t going to rig the radio show against them to make THEM the source of entertainment and argument against liberalism they have another thing coming. They must think they are the only ones sitting at the chess board.

Conan on February 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I LMAO, ROF and almost PMP.

Had to play that clip twice.

barnone on February 26, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Alternate Headline: Conservative’s lunch time entertainment just became even more entertaining!!!

On video/recording of the “letters to the President”: XD OH GOD That’s done so well! I’m laughing so hard I can’t breath

Razgriez on February 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Yes, I’m sure Rush will have no idea how to deal with this.

Rush has been dealing with these clowns since at least October 2007.

pain train on February 26, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Way before then. The Dems have been astroturfing conservative talk radio since at least Clinton’s first term, which is when I first heard that phrase.

Spiny Norman on February 26, 2010 at 12:27 PM

One of my favorite aspects of talk radio is listening to the way that the different hosts respond to this type of caller. The general pattern is thus:

Beck: does he even take liberal callers?

Rush: brilliantly refute the premise without losing his temper, unless the caller gets really ridiculous; most likely to convert the caller to conservatism

Sean: dodge the points and make broad accusations about what else the caller believes; unlikely to convert anyone who’s not already a right-leaning moderate

Levin: gradually increase in volume, mocking the caller relentlessly until he hangs up on him; least likely to convert anyone but by far the most fun and cathartic to listen to (absolute vindictive pleasure)

Hence, I’m most looking forward to hearing these callers on Rush’s and Mark’s shows. Should be a blast.

Pass the popcorn!