Highlights: The best freak-show moments from the health-care freak show

posted at 5:02 pm on February 25, 2010 by Allahpundit

Did I miss anything here? We’ve got the Perpetual Campaigner reminding McCain that the campaign is over; The One declaring his entitlement to extra speaking time based on the fact that he is, after all, The One; and Tom Harkin lamenting the malevolent Jim Crow dynamic involved in charging higher premiums to people who incur greater health costs. Thanks to the Breitbart folks and our pal Greg Hengler for the vids.

I watched five minutes this morning and thought it would backfire on both parties. Everyone knew it was theater (well, 77 percent), everyone knew nothing would come of it, yet the premise seemed to be that the public might be gullible enough to believe they were negotiating in earnest. “We think you’re stupid” is rarely a winning slogan, least of all in this political climate. I actually laughed out loud when Politico put out that story announcing the Dems’ plan to go it alone on Obama’s bill when there were still, oh, around four hours or so left in the Summit That Saved America. But after watching a bit longer, I came around to Jay Nordlinger’s view:

This health-care summit was a bad idea for the Democrats for this reason: They have long benefited from a perception — a perception greatly abetted by the media: The Republicans don’t care about health care, they don’t know about health care, they are the Party of No. All the ideas and caring are on the Democratic side.

It is not so, and it has never been so. And now everybody knows it.

Yeah. The flaw in the Democrats’ bipartisan kabuki is that they’ve invested so much time in painting the GOP as brainless and feckless that the media — and public — almost can’t help but be pleasantly surprised. Yuval Levin’s also right that it’s not to Zeus’s advantage to descend from Mt. Olympus, because the lesser gods that surround him on his side of the aisle are … what’s the word? Ah yes — unappealing losers.

Third, an important part of the Democrats’ problem is that Obama himself is their only star, and this format is not working for him. He certainly seems engaged and well informed (even given a few misstatements of fact, at least one of which John Kyl made very clear.) But he doesn’t seem like the President of the United States—more like a slightly cranky committee chairman or a patronizing professor who thinks that saying something is “a legitimate argument” is a way to avoid having an argument. He is diminished by the circumstances, he’s cranky and prickly when challenged, and he’s got no one to help him. The other Democrats around the table have been worse than unimpressive. The Republicans seem genuinely well-prepared, seem to have thought through the question of who should speak about what rather carefully, and several of them have done quite a good job making their case against the Democrats’ approach. If we were to judge by debating points, Republicans certainly won the morning handily.

For once, I think Slow Joe got it right: “This could end up being not good.” A few moments for your amusement here of how not good it was.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I kept telling the naysayers that the Republicans had to show up. Where do I get my “I told you so” blue ribbon?

John the Libertarian on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

So, if Obama and Congress change the plan significantly to pick up most of the GOP ideas, will the GOP now vote for it?

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Yeah, it’s getting old, but… Waterloo.

fiatboomer on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I thought the rebuke of Cantor for bringing the actual bill was funny…..I thought THAT is what they were talking about. How…..unexpected…that someone might actually bring the bill they were discussing…

Dick Turpin on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

The campaign is over for you John but my time don’t count, I am the president.

fourdeucer on February 25, 2010 at 5:07 PM

John the Libertarian on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

You win the Italian PBR!!

fiatboomer on February 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

How many anecdotes dropped by the Democrats are going to turn out as false?

rob verdi on February 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Dear The One,

We won.

Love,
The American People.

irishspy on February 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

The only thing this event proved was how ineffective government has become.

bayam on February 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Tiger makes Barry look good.

BHO Jonestown on February 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Bet he wishes he had insisted on that platform which would have placed him above all of the congressional attendees.

Vashta.Nerada on February 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Can we stop segregating people on the basis of thier income?

Thune on February 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM

In a word…..NO.

SHARPTOOTH on February 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM

I see dead people’s teeth ….

Chimp 6 on February 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM

John the Libertarian

They not only showed up, the hit the ball out of the park. I was skeptical about this going in, but Ryan was the star of the day. I can’t give you a ribbon but I’ll award you a “goodonya” medal.

E9RET on February 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM

I heard this on Rush and about died laughing.

upinak on February 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM

To be fair, having Pelosi and Reid hanging around your neck must be like having to hit against C.C. Sabathia blindfolded.

a capella on February 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM

There’s enough material here for Ed to do Obamateurisms for the next month.

steveegg on February 25, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Louise Slaughter’s anecdote about the lady who wore her dead sister’s dentures was pretty funny, too.

DaydreamBeliever on February 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Yeah. The flaw in the Democrats’ bipartisan kabuki is that they’ve invested so much time in painting the GOP as brainless and feckless that the media — and public — almost couldn’t help but be pleasantly surprised.

Which just furthers the point that liberalism really is a mental disorder because the democrats (and some on our side) truly believe the GOP to be brainless and feckless.

I will admit that I wrong about the GOP attending. I am happy they acquitted themselves so well.

SouthernGent on February 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM

How many anecdotes dropped by the Democrats are going to turn out as false?

rob verdi

If the blogosphere is on it? And I suspect they are; most

E9RET on February 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

We’ve got the Perpetual Campaigner reminding McCain that the campaign is over

Or, so simplify Obama’s point here.

I won.

Good to see that he’s got a new plan completely different from identical to his old plan.

Why not? It got the Health Care bill signed into law last year, didn’t it?

gekkobear on February 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I hoped there would be a clip with the woman wearing her sister’s dentures

RushBaby on February 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I love this headline from Drudge:

New Dem Party tool aims at flooding talkradio airwaves…

Is Obama going to do more interviews on talk radio?

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Rush Limbaugh admitted he was wrong about the summit and in advising Republicans to boycott it. He said so on his show that this has turned out to be hilarious, and in the best interest of Republicans.

Enoxo on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I didn’t catch the republican hijinks, All I’m seeing is Obama talking for a good ten minutes +3, but I’m assuming the GOP did as well as I thinking they should.

They had no excuse to mess up here. It’s live and unedited, go wild.

Trov on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

How many anecdotes dropped by the Democrats are going to turn out as false?

rob verdi on February 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Well … I didn’t hear much of it – but Rush was saying something about one Dem talking about one of her constituents that didn’t have health care, or it was too expensive or too inflexible – and she had to wear her dead sister’s dentures.

What?

Is DENTAL CARE a part of the Democratic plan too?

HondaV65 on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Nope. Backburner health care and start fighting about getting some tax and spending cuts to get the economy moving. Get the priorities straight.

a capella on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I hoped there would be a clip with the woman wearing her sister’s dentures

RushBaby on February 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Recycling to the extreme!

upinak on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Where do I get my “I told you so” blue ribbon?
John the Libertarian on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Over at the Ron Paul table, you get one free with a purchase of Harry Browne’s latest book.

Emperor Norton on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

About the dentures… I didn’t realize that ObamaCare was going to cover all of our dental needs as well as the straight up medical stuff.

myrenovations on February 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM

I love it when a plan comes together.

jukin on February 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Yeah, it’s getting old, but… Waterloo.fiatboomer on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PMMaybe, but it still makes me chuckle. Waterloooooo!

javamartini on February 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

They can’t do that, because then it would have to got through both chambers again. And those running for reelection wont allow it. Besides it’s moot anyway, Obama’s bluff’s been called, and now he can push it on the House and Senate and vote present like he does best and get back to the business of jobs, er, his 2012 reelection.

Weight of Glory on February 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Why should the GOP work on a plan that is obviously not needed NOW, based on the fact that the current Dem bills do not start providing benefits until 2013? The GOP should wait until they have greater number in 2011. If they own the house, a health care reform bill can start from the right and move left to get votes. Instead of starting from the left view and moving right.

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM

You get “I told you so” blue ribbons, maaaaannnn I should have a couple hundred on my posts.

Anywho, I agree on this one. The Democrat Party didn’t present this very well, and did themselves no favors. They came off as, well, assholes. If the Republicans had just shown up and said nothing they still would have won the debate. I am pretty delighted with the outcome.

The Democrats set themselves up as the party with all of the answers, and came to the debate with nothing, and were condescending, vapid, and disingenuous.

The Republicans showed up more than well prepared, presented themselves as a party who for the most part understands that the only real problem with health care is too much government involvement, and health care needs no more than a few tweaks like Tort Reform, and interstate competition and voila, problem solved.

Rode Werk on February 25, 2010 at 5:18 PM

When Harkin says “Segregation on the basis of health” the first time and the camera switches to the president….the way he slowly closes his eyes in a silent “holy crap, he’s not really saying that. Please, please God make this man go away.” Is just priceless.

29Victor on February 25, 2010 at 5:18 PM

The freak show will be coming later on the Matthews/Olberman/Behar/Maher shows.

I look forward to being told that PBHO’s summit was a 21st century equivalent of…well…some combination of famous leaders.

Bishop on February 25, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Everyone knew it was theater

A tragicomedy

runner on February 25, 2010 at 5:19 PM

If the dentures fit wear them.

fourdeucer on February 25, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Don’t be an idiot. This was never about anything bipartisan. It was to discredit the GOP.

Chuck Schick on February 25, 2010 at 5:19 PM

myrenovations on February 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Well my Norwegian friends have government run health care – but they don’t have government run dental care. Maybe Ogabe wants to “out-Europe” … Europe?

HondaV65 on February 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Question: how long has it been since Obama started talking?

Trov on February 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

If pigs had wings … would they fly?

Isn’t that a ridiculous question?

HondaV65 on February 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Now I know why this thing was 6 hours long. So the Repubs could crush him for 5 hours and then give a lecture to the working people as they got home… The Repubs need to stand up right now, tell him and his bots they’re full of it, and leave

phreshone on February 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Depends on how much liberal/Democrat crap is left *in* the bill.

They could start with what they have and add *all* of the GOP points, and the plan would still suck.

If you have a half-gallon of sewage, adding a half gallon of clean drinking water still results in a gallon of something you shouldn’t ingest.

Midas on February 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

The end of a precendency

phreshone on February 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

The only thing this event proved was how ineffective government has become.

bayam on February 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Translation: “O’bama and the Democrats got their clocks cleaned.”

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Obama thinks he’s back in moot court where he sits as judge and jury over the arguments being presented, but he’s had his finger on the scale in favor of the Democrats since word one. And yet, the Republicans’ have carried the day and seem more reasonable and reality based.

It’s like an intervention gone horribly wrong. The Liberals cannot be talked down off of thier ledge…they seem intent on splattering themselves on the sidewalk of history.

DrW on February 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM

How many anecdotes dropped by the Democrats are going to turn out as false?

rob verdi on February 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

What?

Is DENTAL CARE a part of the Democratic plan too?

HondaV65 on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Monty Python

the_nile on February 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I think we need to stop segregating people based on whether they are elected to the senate or not.

I think we need to stop segregating people based on whether they have a passport or not.

Dumba%%

barnone on February 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

DrW on February 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM

David Lee Roth: “JUMP!”

Midas on February 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

With his closing summary, it is readily apparent why he gave up on being an attorney.

ICBM on February 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Better chance the 2009/2010 winter will turn out to be the warmest on record.

Obama was Arrogant still claiming “he won”. How stupid is he? Scott Brown and other Republicans are winning not him. It has been a long time since he won and he is now a huge loser. Approval on his health care like 15%.

Steveangell on February 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I for one thought the Republicans would get railroaded so I stand corrected…

CCRWM on February 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

The evil trinity can’t even keep from running over time budgets, and they want us to believe they can stay within monetary budgets on health care? Freakin’ idiots. I hate them all.

SouthernGent on February 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

So we’re supposed to pass a massive health care bill because some lady has to wear her dead sister’s dentures? Does she wear her hand-me-down clothes as well? Maybe we need to pass a giant clothing care bill too.

thevastlane on February 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

The “Segregation based on health” argument is such a retarded straw man.

It’s a simple fact that people in poor health cost insurance companies more money to get care. For democrats to think that a company which provides funding for that care should have to ignore that fact is why democrats have no clue how to run businesses.

It’s as if you went in to a repair shop for car and said “Hey that guy is only paying $40 for his oil change. Why does my engine rebuild cost me more than $40? That’s not fair!”

Scrappy on February 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Foot meet bullet. Bullet meet foot.

Seriously, the sad thing is the rest of the world is coming after us and this is what our first string looks like…scaaaary…very scaaaaaaaary like an IRS audit.

jukin on February 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I for one thought the Republicans would get railroaded so I stand corrected…

CCRWM on February 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Yep, credit where credit is due; I didn’t want them to go either, but they did ‘unexpectedly’ well! ;)

Now, let’s see how the MSM spins it, etc.

Midas on February 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

That isn’t going to happen.

capitalist piglet on February 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

The segregation thing just had me roiling. Car insurance companies segregate based on driving records; if you drive like crap, you pay a lot more than others. Home insurance companies segregate based on the quality of your home; if your home is a fire trap, they won’t insure you. All insurance companies segregate based on the factors involved in insuring the object under consideration.

That’s what makes them insurance companies.

spmat on February 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

This was set up for the Republicans to succeed for a number of reasons. Being the party of no isn’t quite as bad as it sounds, not in this environment. Even so, they do have some ideas, and aren’t quite the caricature they are made out to be. They never have this kind of pulpit to share their ideas, since they are pretty much in the wilderness right now. The Dem’s control the agenda, and usually all the R’s can do now is be on the defensive…this was a unique opportunity.

My only concern was that they sometimes forget to bring their balls. Sounds like they brought them today. I haven’t been able to watch, but from everybody’s accounts this was a very positive day.

stldave on February 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

The last five minutes(actually twenty)sums up the entire day…if the Repubs don’t come over to the Dem side, it is reconciliation.

d1carter on February 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I for one thought the Republicans would get railroaded so I stand corrected…

CCRWM on February 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Same here. Although, in our defense, we’re constantly reminded what a super-duper thinker Obama is, so I expected more from him. Today, if it did nothing else, proved that Obama is, for sure, without a doubt, the complete beneficiary of affirmative-action placements and promotions. This was obviously above his pay grade, and I suspect every policy argument is over his head.

SouthernGent on February 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM

John the Libertarian on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

It’s in the mail!

uknowmorethanme on February 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Well played.

jukin on February 25, 2010 at 5:29 PM

What?

Is DENTAL CARE a part of the Democratic plan too?

HondaV65 on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

If I recall correctly, at least one version of this mess has dentures classified as “medical devices” and actually raises the cost of them for seniors. I seem to remember that tampons were lumped into the same category.

CurtZHP on February 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Take away The One’s teleprompters and his pulpit and the mask has been removed.

pain train on February 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM

That was Frakking horrible, and I only listened to the “conclusion.”

Zero’s basic thrust: Shut up, I won.

Argh.

Maquis on February 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

So if health insurance pools are segregation, and Tom Harkin used to be a health insurance agent, then that makes Tom Harkin a former…?

Repurblican on February 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I hoped there would be a clip with the woman wearing her sister’s dentures

RushBaby on February 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Here ya go.

Oldnuke on February 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Now, let’s see how the MSM spins it, etc.
Midas on February 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

That would be a long tough road. MSNBC had Olympic hockey rather than the summit and CNN cut to commercial just as PBHO was starting to answer Paul Ryan’s fiscal demolition of the scheme. If PBHO had been on a roll, CNN wouldn’t have aired the commercials, they knew he was in trouble.

Bishop on February 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

What?

Is DENTAL CARE a part of the Democratic plan too?

HondaV65 on February 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

The bigger questions is why can’t the lady pay straight cash homie?

What’s more expensive? Months and months of premiums and still paying 40%? Or negotiating a price and payment plan with a dentist for a 1 time purchase of dentures?

Sounds like someone being lazy to me. Besides, why does Medicaid exist again? For people exactly like the Dentures of Death lady.

uknowmorethanme on February 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM

thevastlane on February 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Hey now, she just said that she was wearing the dentures, not that she needed oversized clothing. ;)

Midas on February 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Seriously, WTF was Harkin talking about???

xax on February 25, 2010 at 5:33 PM

The One earns a good solid B+

jbtripp on February 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM

If there was any doubt about why our country is in the mess it is in….this group of “leaders” put it to rest.

d1carter on February 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I really do not know how many ordinary, normal people are watching this, but it is like watching a train wreck for the Democrats from this political junkie.

Obama was arrogant, with the I WON attitude, the congressional Democrats’ speeches were Kabuki theater.

My Exit question is how will the government run media paint all this?

simkeith on February 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM

My bad, forgot the Straight Cash Homie hyperlink.

uknowmorethanme on February 25, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Serially sucky sob stories

Christien on February 25, 2010 at 5:35 PM

If today did not convince you of the fraud that Barry is/was/& will be you are not capable of critical thinking. So many were hoodwinked by Soetoro’s political machine it would be laughable – if not so tragic.

BHO Jonestown on February 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I see democrats all over the country going “Wait, what? Those people are the leaders of my party!? WTF? They’re idiots.”

(BTW: MSNBC went immediately to Olympic coverage. That pretty much sums up the job Barry and his band of fools did. They need a couple of hours over there to come up with some spin. I see Chrissy Matthews running around screaming: “Spin! I need some godda&* spin! Someone give me something to say that suggests this wasn’t the democrat trainwreck I just watched.”)

Rational Thought on February 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Did I miss anything here?

Harry Reid’s opening statement where he said “Nobody is talking about reconciliation except Republicans”

and

Louise Slaughter’s anecdote of a constituent driven by our awful system to wear her deceased sister’s dentures.

There’s more but off the top of my head those two are standouts.

KittyLowrey on February 25, 2010 at 5:37 PM

The best freak show moment besides Obama’s missteps was the dead sister’s dentures sob story.

That will get traction because of its absurdity and mental pictures alone!

tru2tx on February 25, 2010 at 5:38 PM

This is why all bleating about whether a person has the proper pedigree, or enough experience vs. the right experience, matters at least as much or possibly less than whether a person is an effective leader. And that’s not something that can be learned or taught; it is innate. You can certainly work on it and improve, via leadership roles in school and in the private sector, and in other executive positions in government. But unless you have those intangible qualities to begin with, you will just be spinning your wheels. Barry is a perfect example of a reasonably smart and ambitious guy with no leadership ability whatsoever. He’s charismatic (to some) and gives a good speech (when the prompter is working). But a fat lot of good any of that does you if you lack the appropriate skills to get things done. He could have the most brilliant ideas ever conceived but it’s all moot because he has no clue how to manage people or be persuasive or show any kind of real authority (because telling McCain the campaign is over is not showing authority; it shows a desperate level of insecurity). The guy is a dud, America. Hopefully, the voters are waking up to this fact enough so he gets booted out next time.

NoLeftTurn on February 25, 2010 at 5:38 PM

29Victor on February 25, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I picture Lex Luthor’s lament, “Morons. Why am I always surrounded by Morons?.”

Lily on February 25, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM
If pigs had wings … would they fly?

Isn’t that a ridiculous question?

HondaV65 on February 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM
That isn’t going to happen.

capitalist piglet on February 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

–It’s not. What if the bill were changed to put caps on non-economic damages, allow national exchanges (instead of state-based exchanges), allow companies to sell insurance across state lines and significantly expand funding for high-risk insurance pools? Isn’t that basically what the GOP asked for today?

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Oh!

And Allah, if you can find a clip of this please, please post it.

Obama addressed the objection of Republicans to using reconciliation by saying the American people don’t …and here he ered and ahed as he was clearly on the verge of saying were too uninformed or even too stupid … care about procedure and just want a bill passed.

I beg of you, please find that clip.

KittyLowrey on February 25, 2010 at 5:41 PM

So , when Gop invited Obama last time , it was for the rope-a-dope.

Well played.

the_nile on February 25, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

The current vapor plan is a non fixable plan. Too late to fix it. The only way is to start over and do one thing at a time. Starting with Tort Reform. Next one – open up the frakking Health Insurance Market.

BTW…. AP you are doing great.

antisocial on February 25, 2010 at 5:41 PM

WashJeff on February 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM

That was always at the back of my mind today. For all the dems preaching about how we need to do this NOW. People are suffering…a woman is wearing her dead sisters false teeth…we need to do this NOW. Yet….this doesn’t go into effect for years, but the taxes would come due immediately. It’s like watching the fork, and spoon fight over who’s sharper?

None of their urgency fits with the timeline they’ve set for this. For all we know, they could squander every damn dime of the taxes that would be due now, and when 2013 gets here….there’s nothing left. Then the taxes double to recover the costs.

capejasmine on February 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Rush Limbaugh stated early this afternoon that he was wrong about not wanting the republicans to show up.

The sad thing is that only those of us who follow politics can interpret the GOP winning the debate today. The MSM will not allow the story to break. So, sadly, nothing will come from it.

carbon_footprint on February 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Midas on February 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Ha!

thevastlane on February 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM

John the Libertarian on February 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

You win the Italian PBR!!

fiatboomer on February 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I thought when I read John’s post that I would grab a picture of a blue ribbon from a fair or something but I like flatboomers picture much, much better. Wow!

turfmann on February 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM

That will get traction because of its absurdity and mental pictures alone!

tru2tx on February 25, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Somebody send the lady some chiclets!

thevastlane on February 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Wow. Our president is a jerk.

rogerb on February 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM

The only debate that counts is in Nov.

As an old timer hunter once told me: just cus there’s deer all around you -don’t mean you be eating venison yet.

Let’s wait till it’s all over and these guys are out of office to determine the victor, no?

Don L on February 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Jimbo3 on February 25, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Jimbo. What are you smoking?

Vince on February 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Let me make this point, John. The campaign is over…

Wow? Really!!!???