Valerie Jarrett: Maybe we should try talking to tea partiers in simpler terms

posted at 1:49 pm on February 23, 2010 by Allahpundit

In fairness, although the questioner asks specifically about TPers, she seems to think that talking to everyone in simpler terms would be a good idea. Which is a standard lefty dodge. Just as Obama’s supposedly going down the tubes because he hasn’t been aggressive enough in building Great Society II, the ObamaCare meltdown is due not to public antipathy to the bill on the merits but to the failure of our American Pericles to properly explain it the first 8,000 times he talked about it on camera. It’s a teachable moment — everything is — and he simply hasn’t taught yet. No worries, though. He’ll get it through our thick heads one of these days.

As for her point about tea partiers preying on people’s economic anxiety in their own “extreme” way, compare and contrast with what she said about Palin’s mild “hopey changey” joke on Obama supporters a few weeks ago as being not “constructive.” Enjoy a few minutes of constructiveness.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

O’Reilly’s either helping them out or he’s, well, he’s just pitiful in these absurd, irrational declarations of more negative stereotyping to try to steer people emotionally past reality.

Lourdes on February 23, 2010 at 2:59 PM

O’Reilly’s underlying agenda is his hopes to get Obama back for an exclusive interview. He’s softpedaling around serious and well-founded criticisms of Obama in order to pave the way.

KendraWilder on February 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Link again for later readers:

READ “OBAMA FILE 84

Lourdes on February 23, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Mr. Fair and Balanced meets Mr. Hope N Change. Perfect match made in soap box heaven. Jus’ lookin’ out for us folks.

Kissmygrits on February 23, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Some weeks ago, I challenged any liberal to debate me on the Constitution, point by point.

I offer that again, still wondering why, if liberals are so ‘morally right’, I can’t get a debate?

The rules are simple: We both ask HA to host the debate. And, no personal attacks. I won’t the lib a Commie if he/she won’t call me a Nazi.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:09 PM

ROFLMFAO!

From The Precedent’s moronic speech in Elkhart Indiana, forcing that abominable Porkulus through:

OBAMA: We have inherited an economic crisis as deep and as dire as any since the Great Depression. Economists from across the spectrum have warned that, if we don’t act immediately, millions of more jobs will be lost.

The national unemployment rates will approach double digits, not just here in Elkhart, all across the country. More people will lose their homes and their health care. And our nation will sink into a crisis that at some point we may be unable to reverse.

So we can’t afford to wait. We can’t wait and see and hope for the best. We can’t posture and bicker and resort to the same failed ideas that got us into this mess in the first place.

And, thus, nearly a trillion dollars was utterly wasted …

Talk about “extreme”. That Porkulus, and its sale, were the sorts of “extreme” idiocy that Jarrett and her Indonesian Imbecile have demonstrated that really concern people.

neurosculptor on February 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM

KendraWilder on February 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM

And yet his first ‘interview’ was quite so awful. O’Reilly never challenged Obama so much as O’Reilly courted the man. Was entirely embarrassing.

Lourdes on February 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM

KendraWilder on February 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Maybe also because

Fox has been Talalified

macncheez on February 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Kissmygrits on February 23, 2010 at 3:09 PM

You said ‘soapbox’, right? That assumes liberals use soap.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM

When she goes abroad do you suppose that she just yells louder when she meets someone who doesn’t speak English?

Lily on February 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Yep, that Obama is just too smart for the rest of us.

He says, deficit spending got us into an “economic tailspin”, and in the same breath says, “Of course it’s spending. What do you think a “stimulus” is?”

Sure sounds smart to me.

rogersnowden on February 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Today, Tea Party people are stupid. Tomorrow, another story on how we’re deviously plotting the overthrow of the American system of government.

I almost want to agree with Jarrett on one point, though. If you can’t explain what your bill is doing in simple, consicse, clear language, maybe your bill is overly broad.

Notice that the Constitution didn’t take 2,000 pages, even though it contains some pretty complicated concepts.

hawksruleva on February 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Lily on February 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Sometimes. But in some countries she just speaks Austrian.

hawksruleva on February 23, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Where the Liberals’ pejorative is completely irrational (calling Conservatives “Nazis”) is so simple as to prove just to what extent the Left (this includes Jarrett and her kind) prove themselves dumb:

The NAZIs vowed/swore allegiance to a dictator, NOT to any Constitution.

Which actually is far more similar to Obama-allegiance and Obama-worship than anyone who is dedicated to protecting, defending our U.S. Constitution.

Where Germany went afoul in government was when they “changed” allegiance of military and citizens FROM a Constitution TO an individual.

Lourdes on February 23, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Liberals don’t read, know, or care about the Constitution, so they have no interest in debating you on the topic. The Constitution is far too restrictive, after all.

hawksruleva on February 23, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Tea Partiers to Valerie Jarrett, aka Keep It Simple Stupid Health Care Reform for Dummies:

WE DON’T WANT IT!!!

Dear BFF of the Anointed Genius, what part of that do you not understand?

Steve Z on February 23, 2010 at 3:16 PM

And yet, Bill Barack O’Reilly declares anyone “a loon” and among

Lourdes on February 23, 2010 at 2:59 PM

The Factor has devolved into a re-eduction effort targeting the “folks”. O’Reilly is a pandering populist that thinks Dr? Lamont Hill is the bell weather for everything and anything racial. I have yet to hear a single word regarding the Geert Wilders trail on his show…so much for “looking out for you”. He was particulary pathetic last night trying to divorce nObama from his socialist policies.

dmann on February 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Lourdes on February 23, 2010 at 3:14 PM

We’re in agreement.

After being called all kinds of things; seen fellow Patriots assailed; and all other things, I can’t manage a liberal like Grow Fins to take me on as I challenge. I set basic rules, will discuss a modicum of more, and ask HA to host it.

All will be fair and direct. The Constitution is the subject, not personal ego.

Yet, no liberal, no matter how vile or hateful of people like me, will accept.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:18 PM

dmann on February 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I didn’t watch last night because I’ve grown exasperated with O’Reilly’s venomous spitting about “Birthers” among other “things” (interesting sub-humanizing going on there).

Whatever he did last night, I think I can estimate and I’m glad I wasn’t exposed to it.

Lourdes on February 23, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Um, Valerie, simplicity isn’t necessary, but clarity is. Of course, you liberals cannot speak with clarity. If you did, the people who continuously vote for your kind would understand what your policies are doing to them.

pugwriter on February 23, 2010 at 3:20 PM

hawksruleva on February 23, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Ah, but they say they’re a cutting edge of sorts. I ask to be taken on! I’m out here, available. I know where you stand, reading you so long. They’re not like you, yet they act is if they know better than you.

I know where you are all the time. But…where are they?

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I think O’Reilly is another elitist who appreciates the “Ruling Classes.”, hence his deference to Obama…

Nozzle on February 23, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Lourdes on February 23, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Sometimes its the morbid curiosity that sadly lures me to the show, like watching NASCAR for the wreck that’s sure to come!

dmann on February 23, 2010 at 3:24 PM

This is just amazing! Everyone in America should see this video. You hear that the “elitist” are like this but you find it hard to believe! We need to give them their own country so we get ours back!

Vince on February 23, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Notice how Ms. Jarrett’s tone changes when she says the Tea Partiers are “rebelling against the government”? Cuz y’know we’re all children. Children the State needs to control. No need to argue for our liberties and freedom, no, no. We’re just unrepentant children to Valerie Jarrett and the rest of the Obama Administration because we don’t accept their worldview.

Rebel.

vai2112 on February 23, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I wouldn’t let this woman look after a roll of paper towels, let alone my life. UGH!!!

capejasmine on February 23, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Elitism for Dummies!

Vince on February 23, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Nozzle on February 23, 2010 at 3:24 PM

But…but he is a simple man by his own word….!!!!

dmann on February 23, 2010 at 3:26 PM

How do you explain in simple terms a Byzantine 2000-page bill that no one has read in entirety?

Bill Ramey on February 23, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Ok Valerie. How ’bout I speak to you in “elitist” language.

Fornicate you!

BacaDog on February 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Does O’Reilly remain the #1 program on Fox? If so, what the heck is going on?

mobydutch on February 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Rather than talking to libs, maybe we should other things to them to keep them from ever voting again? I mean, if they have to keep doing what they do to make their point, they’re not worth having around?

Liberals have ruined black America, they’ve devalued us all and set us against each other. Liberals alone have made me suspicious in the eyes of that black guy who lives in the apartment next to mine.

Liberals, alone, have made the gay guy who passes me on the sidewalk, while I’m holding hands with my girlfriend, to think I somehow want to see him die of AIDS.

Liberals have set all this up. Them alone.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Still pissed her Olympic village scam went bust.

tarpon on February 23, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Jarrett: the Tea Partiers are “rebelling against the government”

No, Valeria. That may be your simplistic way of demeaning an opposing point of view, but you are wrong. TEA party activists are demanding a responsive, representative government. Get your facts straight.

onlineanalyst on February 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM

But could any group of people ever write enough simple booklets that would make me as smart as Valerie and Barack??

Nope: division by Zero.

karl9000 on February 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Does O’Reilly remain the #1 program on Fox? If so, what the heck is going on?

mobydutch on February 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

My thoughts exactly after having gotten early this morning only to turn on Fox and see Bill O. defending BHO against Newt and others.

As for this vid… there are so many things I could say about it, but I don’t want to get in trouble. I will say, it must great for BHO to have so many people around who ingratiate as much as this troll does.

madmonkphotog on February 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Wasn’t she involved in the wildly successful Chicago Olympics thingy?

I cannot wait to get tickets to……uh……you mean that didn’t work out?

We didn’t get the Olympics?

Val baby…..u so smahht!!!

PappyD61 on February 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM

mobydutch on February 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Familiarity and a good supporting cast have served to keep him there. His show has taken a marked turn toward nObama since he landed the big interview, so much so that Bill has managed to detach nObama from his actual words and actions. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see Ingrahm and Miller leave the show if O’Reilly keeps living in Land of Oz.

dmann on February 23, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Can I ask a favor among you/us?

I challenge Grow Fins, or any other liberal willing, to engage me on a debate of the Constitution, point by point. I, and he/she set rules, in public, for all to see. We ask HA to host.

Everything to be public. Others comment, assuredly, but the debate between a hard-core liberal, as he/she evidences and me: a Constructionist.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Part of the burden of being sooooo bright, is that he sees his error immediately

wow.

El_Terrible on February 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Does O’Reilly remain the #1 program on Fox? If so, what the heck is going on?

mobydutch on February 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I’m not sure, but I’d bet Glenn Beck is right up there.

If you watched O’Reilly last night, he played a clip of Rush mocking him (Bill O) last week on Rush’s show. He laughed about it, but if it didn’t bother him, why bother giving it attention?

It was basically Rush trashing Bills argument that Obama is not a socialist.

My point here is….today on Rush’s show, he made a pointed remark, that he, and Ailes (President of Fox News) are good friends. I think that was a direct message to O’Reilly. I could be wrong…but I’m definitely going to keep my eyes on this. Not for entertainment value, but I see something eroding out of this. Not sure what though.

capejasmine on February 23, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Liam: bring a lunch and prepare to repeat yourself a lot.

Challenger: better bring a friend or two; you’ll need ‘em.

karl9000 on February 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I feel sorry for our president and his burden of being a titanic, mega-genius. Especially when he’s trying to communicate with all the dumb, typical white people squatting in shacks and double-wides while planning the next Tea Party event. Oh, the burden of outclassing your constituents by a zillion miles.

Django on February 23, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Liam: bring a lunch and prepare to repeat yourself a lot.

Challenger: better bring a friend or two; you’ll need ‘em.

karl9000 on February 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I know.

I just can’t get a challenger, even among those who revile us so horribly.

I offer a level playing field, in public, so all is on the up-and-up.

But not even the most hateful of libs will take me on. I’m fine with their bias, but I shut down my own for honest discussion. Still, I have no takers.

Guess I’m the bad guy. Just ask any liberal.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Who is Steve Jōbs?

ronsfi on February 23, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Hey maybe they can get Tony Rezko to explain it to us from Prison?

Dr Evil on February 23, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I played the video but all I got were grunts, clicks and whistles. My head hurts.

ronsfi on February 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Lourdes on February 23, 2010 at 2:59 PM

KendraWilder on February 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM

+1 Remember, it’s always about Bill.

d1carter on February 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Valerie Jarrett: Maybe we should try talking to tea partiers in simpler terms

Ms. Jarrett, please read — it’s got quite simple words — and then answer the question at the end of this post …

Gettin’ the Mule’s Attention
As Retold by Dr. Mike Lockett, The Normal Storyteller

It wasn’t that long ago when a farmer looked to buy a mule from his neighbor. He asked the neighbor if the mule had any particular problems.

“No,” was what his neighbor replied. “This mule will do anything you ask him to do. All you have to do is ask him nicely.” Then he added, “Just make certain you never mistreat my mule if you buy him.” The price was fair, and the mule looked healthy, so the farmer bought the mule.

The very next day, the farmer wanted to begin his spring plowing and break some new sod that was pretty thick with prairie grass. So, he burned off the top layer of grass and sharpened his plow blades so the horse could pull the plow through the tough roots and ready the field for planting. He hitched the mule to the plow and said, “Git up!”

The mule, however, had no intention of pulling that plow and paid no attention to the farmer at all. The farmer tried talking nicely until his face nearly turned blue. Then he stomped angrily over to the farm where he bought the mule.

“I think you lied to me,” he told his neighbor. “You said all I had to do was talk nicely, and the mule would do anything I asked of him.”

That’s when the neighbor picked up a wooden two-by-four that was leaning against his barn. He strode right over to the farmer’s house without saying a word. He walked right up to the mule and hit it in the head with the two-by-four. After walloping the mule, the man walked up by the mule’s ear and whispered, “Please pull that plow.”

The mule started moving as fast as he could, pulling that steel plow through the tough prairie sod. “I thought you told me to never mistreat your mule,” the farmer told his neighbor with a questioning look on his face.

The farmer hesitated and said, “Like I said – talkin’ nice to him works every time. But, sometimes you have to get his attention first.”

Note: If you wish to read more stories and folktales written by Dr. Lockett, please visit his website at http://www.mikelockett.com

Now, Ms. Jarrett, is President Obama the farmer or the mule?
If you don’t know, we Tea Partiers promise that you’ll know the answer for certain after November 2.

ya2daup on February 23, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Yes, speaking in simpler terms would be helpful.
Then people wouldn’t have to use a slide rule to clean
the dung off their hip waders after she leaves the room.

elderberry on February 23, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Jarrett’s a typical liberal. Not much more to be said about her. And, really, the less said about her, the better.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I’d just like to get a thread about the Constitution. I’m always up for the history of the Constitution, it’s evolution and development and where it’s going or likely to go. Of course I’m one of those people who think that it should actually be followed as written or changed and not circumvented. Silly me.

Oldnuke on February 23, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Yeah, you won’t accept their emotional pleas and “explanations.” You are … unacceptable.

Bask in it. I do!

karl9000 on February 23, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Even if they dumb it down enough for the ignorant masses…won’t the US still be an Imperialist nation?
you ain’ foolin’ anyone Commie…

Army Brat on February 23, 2010 at 4:08 PM

How can I explain this in the simplest terms… Fist extended, middle finger raised in contempt. How’s that for simpler terms, Ms. D-bag?

Claypigeon on February 23, 2010 at 4:08 PM

I had not watched this since I am work but I am listening to a delayed broadcast of Glenn Beck. I am steaming, this woman is insufferable.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2010 at 4:14 PM

These ObamaCommies will never understand Tea Party patriots. Jarrett and her O-bots are truly delusional, living in the wrong century.

RandyChandler on February 23, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Valerie Jarrett: Maybe we should try talking to tea partiers in simpler terms

Yes, please do. Condescension has always been a winning strategy.

Spiny Norman on February 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Maybe we’d understand it better if they spoke slowly and a little louder?

John Deaux on February 23, 2010 at 4:20 PM

she doesn’t need to get simple. She needs to get complex.

Lets see some numbers worth a damn? Break out your economic theory. Doubtless they’ll start telling us about how the New Deal saved the US from the depression.

The most irritating thing about their arrogance is the foolishness of their proposals. They have this pretension of sophistication and knowledge when in fact they’re profoundly ignorant about the most basic concepts.

If anyone should be getting lectured to in baby language it is these idiots.

Karmashock on February 23, 2010 at 4:20 PM

For some reason I’m remembering Garrett Morris’ old SNL routine, “News for the Hearing Impaired”….

thebookkeeper on February 23, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Get a look at those Jarret choppers….

SANTA on February 23, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Who talk’n race jack? You never heard of a cracker head talking ebonic smack? Sheet man, you’ze got getalife, dawg.

jbh45 on February 23, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Forget RINOs, can we purge this please?

Narutoboy on February 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM

How ’bout we talk to the Obama Administration in simpler terms: NO!

nkviking75 on February 23, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Let’s simplify the HC bill, knock about 1800 pages or so off of it. That might help us understand, U B*tch.

la.rt.wngr on February 23, 2010 at 4:27 PM

she doesn’t need to get simple. She needs to get complex.
Karmashock on February 23, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Send her to Olbie. He’ll get her ‘fixed’.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Glenn & Stu suggested some Chavez style speaches. I guess the goal be a coma as oppose to understanding.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Valerie: “Hope and Change was so simple, it was something everyone understood the definition of.”

Val Baby, it’s been over a year and I am still trying to understand Obama’s Hope and Change.

And quit dangling your participles. Really. You should know better, being all highly edumacated and all that.

BigAlSouth on February 23, 2010 at 4:40 PM

We understand things just perfectly, you old fogey. We understand it, and we do not want it.

How much simpler can THAT be?

2Brave2Bscared on February 23, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Oldnuke on February 23, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I can’t get a liberal to debate me on it. They tell me I’m ‘not worth their time’. As if they’re being paid by the hour.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 4:44 PM

The gentlemen raises and interesting question:

It is demonstrable that Obama is an economic illiterate. He doesn’t have a remedial 101 understanding of finance (“profit and earnings ratio” and other examples to numerous to list).

So how does a man with limited business vocabulary and wading-pool-depth understanding of economics explain his policies?

One thing is for certain, a crowd of tea partiers have a deeper and more intrinsic understanding of how business works than this President or those in his cabal.

R Square on February 23, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 4:44 PM

The only ‘debate’ I ever get with a liberal-minded person on it is that “if the founders lived today, they would mean this” kind of rhetoric.
Our founders were very intelligent & far-seeing.
There are certain ideals that are timeless.
Liberals cannot understand that bcs to them, the Const. can change.
The founders set it up so that it should NEVER change.

Badger40 on February 23, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Narutoboy on February 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Ok net nanny, whatever you say.

jbh45 on February 23, 2010 at 4:49 PM

… part of the burden of being so bright is [Obama]sees his error immediately…
— Valerie J.

Umm… I just don’t know what to say. These people are idiots.

j_galt on February 23, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Badger40 on February 23, 2010 at 4:47 PM

In that vein, ever see the movie, The Final Option?

At one point point, a priest declares that Jesus was a ‘militant radical.’

It’s all so demented! Here I offer myself to libs on a level field, yet I can’t get the most hateful of them to talk with me on level ground–their own proclaimed way of life.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM

One of the left’s major downfalls, apart from the fact that their ideas are ludicrous and a disaster in practice, is that they automatically see those who don’t buy their ideas as ignorant and uneducated. They are so arrogant that they can’t believe it would be for any other reason.

I don’t know if you’ve been following the story that’s been unfolding in Britain regarding immigration…basically it was revealed that the left wing Labour government deliberately opened up the immigration floodgates in order to change the racial make-up of Britain, diversity for the sake of diversity and that sort of thing.

What disgusted me most, apart from their thoroughly abhorrent intent, was two things. First that part of their motivation was to “stick it to the right wing,” secondly that they predicted opposition from a “racist” public who are obviously too stupid to know what’s good for them:

Labour encouraged mass immigration even though it knew that voters opposed it, Whitehall documents confirmed yesterday.

The Government said the public disagreed with immigration because of ‘racism’ and ministers were told to try to alter public attitudes.

The thinking on immigration among Labour leaders was set down in 2000 in a document prepared for the Cabinet Office and the Home Office, but the key passages were suppressed before it was published.

The paper was finally disclosed under freedom of information rules yesterday. It showed that ministers were advised that only the ill-educated and those who had never met a migrant were opposed to immigration.

Sharke on February 23, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Sharke on February 23, 2010 at 4:53 PM

They see that as a strength, actually.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 4:55 PM

DOS?? He’s only about 15 years behind the times… so low-bandwidth and non-threaded single-tasking.

‘unilaterally’? That’s six syllables. Too complicated for me. She could have said ‘if the president could have done that all by himself…’

Before they can simplfy things for us, they will have to simplfy their own brains. Like when they start to say ‘it’s very complicated’ to explain a very simple concept.

And then there’s nuance….

ElRonaldo on February 23, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Ok net nanny, whatever you say.

jbh45 on February 23, 2010 at 4:49 PM

No, seriously, I don’t think your stupidity is an asset.

Narutoboy on February 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM

O’Reilly has lost his way regarding Obama, refusing to see what is right in front of his nose. This started when O’Reilly interviewed Obama during the campaign.

GaltBlvnAtty on February 23, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I, for one, am very happy that we can finally start making generalizations about different groups.

Personally, I’ve always found blacks to be somewhat less intelligent than whites or asians. I’ll start using simpler language in my letters to the White House.

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

GaltBlvnAtty on February 23, 2010 at 5:03 PM

O isn’t a factor and never has been. The real factors are you, me, and others–is individuals. O has a TV show. Big deal? If he walks into a Dunkin’ Donuts and orders a coffee, he still has to pay the same amount as you and I do.

O is past his usefulness in prime time. As if prime time means squat any more.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

You haven’t been around a lot of blacks and Asians, have you?

Tell us Ace, could you survive on the streets of a tough neighborhood?

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Never seen that movie or even heard of it but that sounds awful.
I have only ever met one liberal who actually listened to anything I had to say without malice, & he was a young Democrat History teacher.
I do believe one day this young man will eventually come round to a more Const. point of view, like Tammy Bruce did.
They are out there, but the rabid liberal is completely out of control with hate & viciousness(sP?).

Badger40 on February 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM

It finally dawned on me, Valerie Jarrett looks like a Monchichi Doll! If only she were as harmless.

Conservalicious on February 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Be careful! Or the ban hammer could be swinging your way!

Badger40 on February 23, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Conservalicious on February 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Is that the star of the commercial song “Monchichi monchichi, oh so soft and cudd-el-ee!”?
I feel so old.

Badger40 on February 23, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Badger40 on February 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM

You’d get into Final Option, if you could find it. It’s only on VHS now, and at a high price.

It’s based on the Prince’s Gate incident in London, 1981 or so. Hot stuff!

Libs are what they are. Sad, really. We could get a lot together if they weren’t so dead sure of themselves. There’s really no way to talk with a man who thinks he’s God.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM

“You haven’t been around a lot of blacks and Asians, have you?

Tell us Ace, could you survive on the streets of a tough neighborhood?

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 5:15 PM”

Gee, I don’t know… I survived a year in Nam manning automatic weapons while many in my unit died. Does that count?

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:24 PM

They probably got that idea from the two books BHO’s been reading for the last year, “US Presidency, for dummies and morons” and “Teach yourself US Presidency in 14 days”.

runner on February 23, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Salem Communications doesn’t want you to speak your mind now. You better add a filter or nutoboy will insult you.

jbh45 on February 23, 2010 at 5:28 PM

This is what you posted:

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

I called you on that, said what I did, and would join you in a firefight anytime on the same side after what you posted next.

I’m not a vet of the Nam, but you need to see a lot more, most since you were there. You’re sounding a lot like a lib, in your own way.

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM

The statement I’ve highlighted is unintelligent in itself.

Narutoboy on February 23, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I guess I should explain. I’m being sarcastic… Why is it OK to make fun of people who go to Tea Parties, or Trig Palin, or people of faith, but other groups are off limits?

This is a screwed up world.

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:31 PM

This is a screwed up world.

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:31 PM

And you white people made it that way! /sarc

Liam on February 23, 2010 at 5:33 PM

This is a screwed up world.

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Tea party doesn’t equal white. People of all races attend. Getting all defensive and responded with racial language is counterproductive. I haven’t heard the audio, but I don’t think she targeted white people. So why – when someone talks down to the tea parties – do you connect that to race? Isn’t that what the left does?

Narutoboy on February 23, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Narutoboy,

I KNOW Tea Party doesn’t equal white. I’ve been to three of them. It is the common theme of the left, however, that anyone who attends is a racist. Or haven’t you heard any of that audio, either?

P.S. I’d never give myself a tag that ended in “boy.”

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I’d rather have been Dr. Amy Bishop’s student.

di butler on February 23, 2010 at 5:43 PM

The lovely environment of political correctness. But, it’s not a total loss. You can say that orientals (as opposed to asians) are smarter than whites and not get a rise out of anyone.

This is a screwed up world.

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:31 PM

It’s a wee wee’d up world.

neurosculptor on February 23, 2010 at 5:45 PM

neurosculptor,

Good points. I stand corrected. Well, actually, I’m sitting.

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Well how do reactions like yours and jbh45′s help??? When you see someone bring “ebonics” into a discussion about a White House official, Valeria Jarrett, saying they sure start speaking to tea partiers in simpler terms, you do start to wonder. A group that is constantly bemoaning the lefts attempts into inject race into non racial matters should not engage in the same tactics.

Narutoboy on February 23, 2010 at 5:51 PM