Valerie Jarrett: Maybe we should try talking to tea partiers in simpler terms

posted at 1:49 pm on February 23, 2010 by Allahpundit

In fairness, although the questioner asks specifically about TPers, she seems to think that talking to everyone in simpler terms would be a good idea. Which is a standard lefty dodge. Just as Obama’s supposedly going down the tubes because he hasn’t been aggressive enough in building Great Society II, the ObamaCare meltdown is due not to public antipathy to the bill on the merits but to the failure of our American Pericles to properly explain it the first 8,000 times he talked about it on camera. It’s a teachable moment — everything is — and he simply hasn’t taught yet. No worries, though. He’ll get it through our thick heads one of these days.

As for her point about tea partiers preying on people’s economic anxiety in their own “extreme” way, compare and contrast with what she said about Palin’s mild “hopey changey” joke on Obama supporters a few weeks ago as being not “constructive.” Enjoy a few minutes of constructiveness.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Betty White would probably do better. The One hasn’t got a clue.

I know they think we’re stupid, but I think the shoe is on the other foot. All this stuff about the O being the smartest man to ever be president and we should all be in awe of his intellect. Well, my IQ is 156 and I couldn’t be president. I lack the necessary background experience. And so does he, unfortunately.

hachiban on February 23, 2010 at 10:25 PM

I lack the necessary background experience. And so does he, unfortunately. hachiban on February 23, 2010 at 10:25 PM

At least you know it, unlike the Chi-town punks.

indypat on February 23, 2010 at 10:28 PM

This is off topic and will probably offend Naratubabyboy, but my son just told me he saw a bumper sticker that said;

“A tax payer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.”

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM

“A tax payer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.”

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Now THAT is FUNNY. Shh though, don’t wake the dour little bore up.

katy the mean old lady on February 23, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Shh though, don’t wake the dour little bore up.

katy the mean old lady on February 23, 2010 at 10:45 PM

See Katy, you are not as mean as you let on…

and on topic, Valerie Jarrett gives me the creeps.

JusDreamin on February 23, 2010 at 11:05 PM

This is what happens when (D)emocrats don’t get prosecuted. Since she isn’t in jail with Rezko she thinks she can talk down to the little people she robbed and then condemned to live in slums.

DANEgerus on February 23, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Valerie Jarrett is a leftist, socialist, Marxist liberal. That means she is speaking from the vantage point of someone who may not know about cloture or reconciliation, but they have feelings and feel they are morally superior to mean and selfish realists who know their idea of uptopia is doomed to failure and misery.

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM

None of what you have posted so far has offended me. I just think your ignorance doesn’t reflect well on the rest of us, that’s all.

Narutoboy on February 24, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Hey Valerie, here’s a simple term for you, #@&* off.

Mr. Grump on February 24, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Naruto boy,

Whew! I was worried I offended you. Just to be safe, maybe you should come here when you are Naruto man, or perhaps Naruto teen. I’m just sayin…

Star20 on February 24, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Valerie Jarrett: Maybe we should try talking to tea partiers in simpler terms

Oh, please do by all means. And if you write to us, please do so in crayon. Bright, happy colors get your message across best. Maroon.

ya2daup on February 24, 2010 at 1:06 AM

“A tax payer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.” Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Great, but too long for Obama’s base to understand.

Mojave Mark on February 24, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Only 2 words come to mind:

LOONEY

TUNES

Metro on February 24, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Great, but too long for Obama’s base to understand.

Mojave Mark on February 24, 2010 at 1:15 AM

They might understand a chicken voting, at least in Chicago

I like the way Jarrett tried to comfort the guy by saying
if the president could have done it unilaterally he would have done it a long time ago

This explains why even a chicken can vote in Chicago

I don’t want to brag myself up, but if I were President, even if I could do something like take over one sixth of the economy unilaterally, I would consider myself unworthy to do so until I had obtained the consent of the governed

entagor on February 24, 2010 at 2:51 AM

“A tax payer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.”

Star20 on February 23, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Excellent!

Sherman1864 on February 24, 2010 at 4:50 AM

If President Obama is so “bright”, why can’t we see his college grades, and why does he need a Prompter to speak at a middle school?

Grace_is_sufficient on February 24, 2010 at 5:49 AM

Ms. Jarrett,

هیچ, 否, لا, không,
or if you still don’t understand, NO.

diogenes on February 24, 2010 at 7:15 AM

They ridicule that which they fear.

shaken on February 24, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Just as Obama’s supposedly going down the tubes because he hasn’t been aggressive enough in building Great Society II, the ObamaCare meltdown is due not to public antipathy to the bill on the merits but to the failure of our American Pericles to properly explain it the first 8,000 times he talked about it on camera. It’s a teachable moment — everything is — and he simply hasn’t taught yet. No worries, though. He’ll get it through our thick heads one of these days. — Allah

Dude, you have a way with the English language, don’t you? Love the analysis. Keep up the good work, Allah.

Subsunk

Subsunk on February 24, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Let me put it in simple terms that even Valerie can understand. No. So simple that even a statist like Valerie and her boss can understand.

TQM38a on February 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Valerie Jarrett, epitomizes the chronic symptom that is part of the Demoncratic genome. Creating the sense they are superior or smarter than the average human.

Many libs often use their prescription or reading glasses to create the air of superiority by glaring over the top of them when lecturing you or the assembled masses.

However, they overlook the hypocritical nature of this bit of body language. History shows that the first to be removed from the census rolls are those who wear glasses, because it is assumed those who wear glasses do so because they read too much or are educated.

MSGTAS on February 24, 2010 at 9:11 AM

YES. You know how us slack-jawed goobers can’t understand more than two syllables in words.

kens on February 24, 2010 at 10:10 AM

That’s right, Val! Disdain for the masses always works so well!

I love all the posts, BTW. You guys are ROFL funny!!

MochaLite on February 24, 2010 at 10:54 AM

… and I love America! Ultimately, this elitist, marxist crap gets shot down by all of us freedom-loving, think-for-yourself AMERICANS!

MochaLite on February 24, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Jarrett is a Statist who rejects the spirit of the Constitution and instead prefers the rule of an elite oligarchy.

These views are manifested in the belief of a growing and expansive government with an increasingly say in how you live your lives and requiring more of your wealth to sustain it. Cap and Trade, the take over of healthcare, the auto industry, banking etc..are all examples.

This nation is at a crossroads, we either walk in the direction of Jefferson and Madison or we complete the rejection of our history and founding and cue up behind the likes of Jarrett and Obama and their Fabian Socialist agenda.

The Democrats have contempt for the general population. How else does one explain the desire to force feed the govt take over of healthcare and the ruination of the insurance industry.

These are petty tyrants.

R Square on February 24, 2010 at 11:16 AM

These are petty tyrants.

R Square on February 24, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Petty tyrants will be those sitting on the Death Panels. These are not petty tyrants, by any means, but the exact full-blown kind of tyrant Jefferson warned us about.

RickZ on February 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM

ya2daup on February 24, 2010 at 1:06 AM

+100 HEH

elclynn on February 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Let me use a term so simple that even Valerie and her fellow statists can understand. No

TQM38a on February 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Sorry for the second post.

TQM38a on February 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM

The fall of the Obamao regime is going to be spectacular.

Stock up on popcorn, tar, feathers, pitchforks, torches and rope.

Nahanni on February 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Socialist c*nt.
How’s that for simple?

HornetSting on February 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Star20 on February 24, 2010 at 1:04 AM

That was so clever. My username is NarutoBOY and you told me to come back when I was NarutoMAN. Great response. Unbelievable.

Narutoboy on February 24, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I’ve had the misfortune to run into this type of arrogant, controlling, cold autocratic bureaucrat more than once. Forget dialogue or reason. And definitely forget about compromise.
They figure if t-h-e-y j-u-s-t t-a-l-k s-l-o-w-l-y enough you’ll finally see it their way.
This is your Senior Advisor and Assistant to the President.
Figures.

PaddyJ on February 24, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Narutoboy on February 24, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Thanks! I was afraid you wouldn’t get it!

Star20 on February 24, 2010 at 4:34 PM

“Bring ambulamps.”

Cybergeezer on February 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Valerie Jarrett: Maybe we should try talking to tea partiers in simpler terms

How about quit talking altogether and get busy lowering taxes.

rukiddingme on February 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Or they could possibly try talking in more truthful terms.

jack herman on February 24, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Ms Jarrett, let me speak to you in simpler terms:

Your milkshake ain’t bringing the boys to the yard.

JEM on February 24, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Val’s boss is so freakin’ brilliant that he couldn’t figure out how to pass his much-touted, campaign-promised, signature, legacy-guaranteeing, hallmark health care bill while he commanded a clear majority in the House and a super-majority in the Senate for over 6 months.

Talk about Odumbo.

fred5678 on February 24, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Val….you stink to high heaven! Everyone knows you are the Obama’s pimp from Chicago but everyone should read Michelle Malkins book ‘Culture of Corruption’ to totally understand how evil you are! Is that simple enough for you? Oh thats right you want to speak to us in simple terms. Heck you have had enough practice at it talking to Bammys supporters. SOME DAY YOU WILL BE IN FEDERAL PRISON FOR THE CRAP YOU HAVE PULLED!

JohnD9207 on February 25, 2010 at 5:39 AM

This is what we have been breeding in American academia?

This is the best we can turn out?

Is there an foreign exchange program?

I would like to exchange her for Daniel Hannon.

Dr Evil on February 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM

SOME DAY YOU WILL BE IN FEDERAL PRISON FOR THE CRAP YOU HAVE PULLED!

JohnD9207 on February 25, 2010 at 5:39 AM

We can only hope but with Eric Holder at the DOJ I doubt it very very much.

elclynn on February 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM