Tea partiers to MSNBC: Your all-white lineup is cordially invited to experience our diversity

posted at 2:53 pm on February 22, 2010 by Allahpundit

Cheeky fun at Olbermann’s expense courtesy of the Dallas Tea Party and Katrina Pierson, who once issued a similar challenge to Janeane “This is racism, straight up” Garofalo. Having called out Olby this morning for his nonsense about James O’Keefe, though, we’re even more obliged than usual to get the facts right. MSNBC’s anchor line-up isn’t entirely white — Tamron Hall co-anchors during the afternoon with Shuster — and there are several black contributors, as Olby himself took care to note recently:

Lester Holt was our primary anchor at MSNBC until ‘04 or so, and he got promoted to NBC. And Alison Stewart had her own show and was my primary back-up (we got somebody named Rachel something to replace her), and then she went to raise a family (and do NPR for awhile) and now she’s back part-time as Rachel’s back-up, and Tamron is one of my back-ups and co-anchored her own two-hour political show in the afternoon, and you mentioned Christina Brown (call her “Christine” at your peril), and Carlos Watson had his own show (and that didn’t work out very well for anybody, as will occasionally happen), and Gene Robinson is with me whenever he can spare the time (and is in the studio for all our long-form political coverage, and I try to glue him to the seat next to mine), and we get Clarence Page on whenever we can, and really we do as much astronomy as we do only because Derrick Pitts is so damn good, and somebody upthread mentioned Melissa Harris-Lacewell, and Paul Mooney used to come on for political comment. I’m not satisfied with this as the status quo, but I did want to balance the picture as much as it can be. And suddenly this got me thinking, I wonder if Derrick has ever thought about politics and tv…

So there’s me being fairer to him than he’d be to you. Enjoy the clip, which should earn Pierson a prominent mention in tonight’s recitation of Keith’s enemies list, a.k.a. the “worst person in the world” segment.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Perfect.

They will never show.

RealMc on February 22, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Best people in the world.

darii on February 22, 2010 at 2:54 PM

LOL! AWESOME!

OmahaConservative on February 22, 2010 at 2:54 PM

What are you talking about? MSNBC has a wide range of diversity. From the pasty Keith Olbermann to the snowlike Rachel Maddow. From the eggshell of Dylan Ratigan to the mother-of-pearl of Chris Matthews.

It’s all covered.

Abby Adams on February 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Ah, so Olby’s now willingly jumped into the Kobiyashi Maru (sp?) scenario Ed described this weekend, eh?

Pointing out all of the minorities that are or ever have been at MSNBC?

Doesn’t matter, Keith – your lineup is lily-white *now*, bub. Own it, beeyotch.

Midas on February 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Olberdouche isn’t white… so much as pasty grayish.

Sugar Land on February 22, 2010 at 2:57 PM

So, Mediaite has declared that Keith Olbermann is now less respected (by the left I guess) than Rachel Maddow.

Guess it goes to show that you can be just as wrong without having to overact nightly.

darii on February 22, 2010 at 2:57 PM

It’s all covered.

Abby Adams on February 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Can’t believe you neglected the fish-belly-white Ed Whathisface!

Midas on February 22, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Sexists. Their whole primetime lineup are men.

JimRich on February 22, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Keith: “Some of my best fill-in hosts are black.”

darii on February 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM

@ 0:42… “What are you Keith Olbermann, stupid?”

Hahahaha

Abby Adams on February 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Doesn’t matter what their lineup is. All liberals are racists. They have yet to prove otherwise.

CurtZHP on February 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM

@ 0:42… “What are you Keith Olbermann, stupid?”

Hahahaha

Abby Adams on February 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I thought it was something other than what was written.

darii on February 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Let’s see…..

Christ Matthews……white.

Schulzee……mmm, white?

Schuster……thinkin’ he might be a whitey.

Olbermmmun……oh definite white guy.

Maddow…….same old same old…..ah, female but still pigment challenged.

Sounds racist to me.

PappyD61 on February 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM

We even have more political diversity — my Tea Party group is in search of a blue-dog Democrat to run for California Governor.

It seems the most likely Democrat candidate, former Governor Jerry Brown, is showing signs of dementia. This would be a golden opportunity for a fiscally-conservative candidate, as the Tea Party activists are none-too-thrilled with the GOP’s prime pick — meg Whitman.

Mutnodjmet on February 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Well done, indeed.

turfmann on February 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM

You know, it just strikes me that there is an undercurrent of violence and racism at MSNBC. And no, I will not provide examples to back it up. Although the Chris Rock imitation that Olbermann was doing in this video was quite telling.

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I think Keith Overbites dog is black…..does that count?…heh

marktarheel on February 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM

MSNBC’s on-screen “talent” is so white you could show movies on them.

fiatboomer on February 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM

ohhhh snap!

KO—-you’ve been pwned.

ted c on February 22, 2010 at 3:01 PM

MSNBC’s on-screen “talent” is so white you could show movies on them.

fiatboomer on February 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Fan-fugu-tastic.

LibTired on February 22, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I love it!

Lefties employ sarcasm with the stern holier-than-thou look. The right gives you snarc with a smile =)

Ace ODale on February 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM

A “contributer” is what — somebody you keep off screen?

unclesmrgol on February 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM

OMG did you see how ANGRY that crowd of Dallas Tea Party members were??? Janet, JANET…quick…get over here…I think I’ve found some US jihadists

mctowler on February 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Alinsky rules thrown in their faces. Make the enemy live up to their own standards.

SouthernGent on February 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Why was the million man march so black, or the gay rights parade so gay, or the amnesty for hispanics so hispanic, or the abortion rights protests so full of pro-abortion folks?

JiangxiDad on February 22, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Way OT, but major happenings, via Drudge.

Citigroup reserves the right to disallow withdrawals from checking, savings a & money market accts.

Partying like its 1929!

Archimedes on February 22, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Boom! Zing!

Dallas you magnificent b@stards!

thebrokenrattle on February 22, 2010 at 3:06 PM

And if every single tea partier were white it would not in anyway make what they are saying NOT TRUE.

No wonder Olbermann smells so bad, he has Red Herrings in all his pockets.

Elizabetty on February 22, 2010 at 3:06 PM

The TEA party on the 27th in Dallas will be only the second protest I have ever been to. The one last year was a lot of fun.

cozmo on February 22, 2010 at 3:06 PM

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM

They fixate on race so much, because they are racist. It’s one of the Left’s tactics, divide people along ethnic lines, get them to be suspicious of each other and it is easier to control them. And the racist Keith Olbermann is deeply angry and troubled. I would say he’s not a happy man.

rbj on February 22, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Sweet,throw it right back at them,fire with fire!

ohiobabe on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Who’s the pretty lady?

therightwinger on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Brilliant! As a side note, the Dallas Tea Partiers should invite Tea Partier Herman Cain.

Buy Danish on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Keith: “We have tons of black bench warmers who occasionally get some air time while I’m on vacation. I’ve never seen them, because I’m on vacation, but I’m told they exist.”

BadgerHawk on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

THAT WAS A W E S O M E !!!!!!!!!!!!!

katy on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

And just for the helluva it. Just why is MSNBC so white? Any takers?

JiangxiDad on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

“Have you no shame, sir?”….heh

d1carter on February 22, 2010 at 3:08 PM

MSNBC’s lineup is whiter than Keith’s bathtub.

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Archimedes on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

OT with a link to prison planet? Really?

BadgerHawk on February 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Great video! Olbermann is too chicken to go.

cubachi on February 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Tea Party will crush pMSNBC. Hell a third grade kickball team would crush the jeanuses at pMSNBC.

That fella on the far right, did he play in Twin Peaks?

jukin on February 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM

It would be one thing if bathtub boy simply said things I disagree with (of course, he does)…but he flat-out lies all the time.

JetBoy on February 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM

It’s too bad that they invited him, he’s not worthy of being present at such an event.

ted c on February 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

And just for the helluva it. Just why is MSNBC so white? Any takers?

JiangxiDad on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

They reflect their viewers.

publiuspen on February 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Archimedes on February 22, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Drudge also has this nice headline:
Empty On Funding, ACORN Shutters Around the Country…

(linky doesn’t work, I’m getting timedout, but biggovernment.com also has the story)

rbj on February 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Tamron Hall could not be reached for comment.

crr6 on February 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM

OT with a link to prison planet? Really?

BadgerHawk on February 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I second the “Really?” with a “Seriously? Dude.”

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Having watched MSNBC because of the channel’s coverage of Olympic Curling, I have been forced to sit through some of their ads. I love the Rachel Maddow ad, where she spouts “I am not interested in advancing any agenda….”

Laughable!!! Can’t wait for the Olympics to end, so that MSNBC goes back to their regular 10 viewers.

search4truth on February 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Drudge also has this nice headline:
Empty On Funding, ACORN Shutters Around the Country…

rbj on February 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

lol

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Olbermann isn’t all white.

His knees are blood red and his nose has a rather nice auburn tint.

fogw on February 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Rachel Maddow did a little mocking video of her visit to CPAC. She did admit she met only one rude person; which she probably did. I met two…one a college kid that everyone was avoiding…and the other Rachel Maddow…probably the most rude & obnoxious person I’ve ever met…the mslsd goons aren’t worth the time…

DCJeff on February 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Not only are they all white, they are all male.

Nice bit of diversity there MSNBC.

jukin on February 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM

how many of you noticed that the translation of Spanish in to English was completely wrong?

she actually said “What, is Keith Olbermann Stupid?”

Kaptain Amerika on February 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM

DCJeff on February 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM

And after the nice reception she got (based on the video at Mediaite). Well, what do you expect from a leftist.

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I just love it when conservatives defend people like Keith Olberman and organizations like MSNBC.

Ann Coulter is now a comedian who does “stand up”. Sarah Palin is nothing more than a traffic generator. Keep that wink picture on standby!

Pathetic. But typical.

Jaynie59 on February 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Jaynie59 on February 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Huh–You’re an insane troll.

BTW it is clear Coulter has 100x the smarts that you have.

CWforFreedom on February 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Olbermann doesn’t see minorities because when he looks for minorities, he looks for stereotypes. We know who the real racist is.

itsacookbook on February 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM

They reflect their viewers.
publiuspen on February 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

If so, who does Mr. Maddow reflect?

Bishop on February 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Allah, how much of that “Diversity” came after Imus was fired? Remember the Justice Brothers, insisted he be fired. Your old boss even blogged about it.

We are supposed to believe this list you posted, would have happened anyway? They would have hired these folks you list in the first place?
They say Tamron Hall who came out of Chicago got her gig because Jesse Jackson got her placed on MSNBC…..hmmm Diversity or Shakedown…Shakedown, didn’t someone accuse Jesse Jackson of shaking down Toyota? Hows that working out for Toyota?

Dr Evil on February 22, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Jaynie59 on February 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Huh?

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Screen Cap in the header shows all white male lineup.

Wade on February 22, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Ten bucks says he says Pierson is backed by “Big Tea Party”.

MadisonConservative on February 22, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Seriously. When I see Olby, I have to tell myself that he is being genuine. It’s sometimes hard to believe that he isn’t a spoof of himself and other liberal media hosts. He’s like Stephen Colbert if Colbert were an honest to goodness opinion show host.

Comedy Central should’ve changed the Colbert Report when Obama was elected to a show that mocked liberal journalists and opinon show hosts. Not mocking Olby and Matthews is a crime.

76United on February 22, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Wow, fantastic slam of Keith “Roscoe’s Chicken n’Waffles” Olbermann, A Mess NBC’s resident racist.

WarEagle01 on February 22, 2010 at 3:17 PM

If so, who does Mr. Maddow reflect?

Bishop on February 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Shame on you. We all know that lefties reflect Maddow, not the other way round.

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:17 PM

OT with a link to prison planet? Really?

BadgerHawk on February 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I’m with you on the prison planet thing, but I’ve had personal experience with my bank (Wachovia) in Texas playing the “You must wait 7 days for the withdrawal” card. I had the money in the bank for months, and I made withdrawals regularly. But when I asked for a certain sum (and it wasn’t big, not for what I thought a bank would have) she told me that the bank literally didn’t have enough cash on hand to give to me. I had to make an appointment for a week later to get my withdrawal, and even then, a week later, the computer wouldn’t authorize the teller to make the transaction. She had to put in a call requesting authorization, and the teller was met with tons of questions, including what I wanted to do with the money. Again, I can’t stress enough, this was not like $50,000 or anything. It was very very strange.

Weight of Glory on February 22, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Do you truly love it or is the emotion more of a really really like sort of thing? Love is a strong term, you need to be sure.

Bishop on February 22, 2010 at 3:17 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They took just the right tone, just the right touch.

Well done!

KittyLowrey on February 22, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Great work by Katrina!
Some of our own efforts are starting to look like the U.N. And we just had a request from the large Indian community ro work with them to get them more politically active (and they, like the Chinese, are VERY fiscally conservative)

michaelo on February 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Archimedes on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM
OT with a link to prison planet? Really?

BadgerHawk on February 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Yeah I know, But apparently a written statement went out fromn Citi last Jan citinG their right to keep the money, and only later claimed it was a mistake. Now maybe it looks like, not so much. PP isn’t a site I am terribly familiar with, but Drudge has credibility to maintain and he’s running with it.

This could be hyperbole, but all of us have been ranting about for some time, this is where current financial practices in envitably lead. Its not a matter of if, but when? And when could very well be now or the very near future.

Jussayin!

Archimedes on February 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Aside from the fact that commercials and Keith Olbermann are not much more than bumper sticker arguments packaged inside time limits that hold most ideologues’ 31 second attention spans, this was well done. Olbermann started this with a wholly uninformed and ignorant position, TP’ers finished it with flare, with reason, and with an invitation, thereby upping the ante. Time for Keith to fold. Time for Keith to retract. But we all know Keith the Dancing Mule isn’t even capable of knowing when he’s been checkmated.

GoodSamaritan on February 22, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I don’t see Keith Olbermann protesting all the “white” guys and gals on the US Olympic Hockey, Ski, or Curling Teams that they are running on all their channels…

Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on February 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Tamron Hall could not be reached for comment.

crr6 on February 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM

And they’re so proud of her that they feature prominently on their picture display. Oh, wait.

Jaynie59 on February 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I don’t think ‘defend’ means what you think it means.

BadgerHawk on February 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM

DCJeff on February 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Heh. I actually liked the video of her at CPAC (from Politico).

Then again, I like her (not her views, natch), so I’m not the best judge, perhaps. :-)

Abby Adams on February 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM

What’s even funnier is how Keith rants about Fox News’ “bias” and yet only has liberals on his show. Talk about real lack of diversity.

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM

One more thing…
Obama’s old church was all black. Does Olby imply racism there?

76United on February 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Tamron Hall could not be reached for comment.
crr6 on February 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM

What? Oh, I get it. You’re saying that MSNBC actually does have some minorities working there. So MSNBCers aren’t all racists, but the people who made this clip just didn’t mention the minority employees for effect. Yeah, lame. Who would do that? /s

WarEagle01 on February 22, 2010 at 3:24 PM

darii on February 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM

A similar video that compares his anti-Fox diatribes while running down a list of his recent dozen or so guests might be interesting.

Midas on February 22, 2010 at 3:24 PM

And just for the helluva it. Just why is MSNBC so white? Any takers?

JiangxiDad on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

They reflect their viewers.

publiuspen on February 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

SO LOL!

JiangxiDad on February 22, 2010 at 3:24 PM

@ 0:42… “What are you Keith Olbermann, stupid?”

Hahahaha

Abby Adams on February 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM

ROFL – I caught that too…still laughing about it!

miConsevative on February 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Yumlicious.

juanito on February 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Fan-fugu-tastic.

LibTired on February 22, 2010 at 3:02 PM

“Fugu” as in Japanese blowfish Russian-roulette-with-sushi?

Mary in LA on February 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Olbermann is Obama’s white half.

Oh, and after watching that video, I forgot that the MSNBC lineup was white for about one minute and forty-five seconds.

Left Coast Right Mind on February 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM

So, in sum, Olbie is on the second-string, right?

If he had the nerve to show in Dallas, I bet he’d arrive with an armed escort.

Liam on February 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Wow that racist network got called the f out! Hey MSNBC, it is 2010, time to hang up your racist proclivities and join the rest of us global citizens.

daesleeper on February 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM

That was so sweet.

“Have you no shame sir?” Awesome.

29Victor on February 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM

That poor guy, his parents named him Rachel. Who’d do that to a kid?

Akzed on February 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM

The free market shall prevail.

The ratings that MSNBC, CNN, HLN and CNBC are achieving are hilarious.

barnone on February 22, 2010 at 3:28 PM

MSNBC is post-racial. It doesn’t matter what color any of their “talent” is since no one is watching them anyway.

lonestar1 on February 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Jaynie59 on February 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Coulter has always been a satirist. And “nothing more” than a traffic generator? What does that mean, exactly? That Oprah has her highest ratings when Palin is on? That Leno is featuring her on his comeback?

Envy much?

John the Libertarian on February 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM

@0:42… “What are you Keith Olbermann, stupid?”

Hahahaha

Abby Adams on February 22, 2010 at 2:58 PM

ROFL – I caught that too…still laughing about it!

miConsevative on February 22, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I was parsing that as, “What are you, Keith Olbermann stupid?”

As in, there’s stupid, then there’s really stupid, then there’s Keith Olbermann stupid…

Mary in LA on February 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM

What Keith’s trying to say is that he can’t help it if we conservatives only look at the front of the MSNBC bus when we determine the racial makeup of the network.

Patrick S on February 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Screw Keith whathisname. They can scream racism all they want. Nobody’s ever been turned away from a tea party because of their skin pigmentation.

hawksruleva on February 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Olby has RDS…racist derangement syndrome. He would like nothing better than for the whole to have it as well, but with his ratings in the tank he’s having trouble spreading the message. He really needs to see someone about this, it’s not healthy.

scalleywag on February 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM

They reflect their viewers.
publiuspen on February 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Well, yeah. It’s only their families that watch.

kingsjester on February 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM