CPAC Interviews: The candidates

posted at 10:00 am on February 21, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Sometime around the second day of CPAC, it began to cross my mind that I couldn’t possibly keep up with all of the interviews I was getting on Blogger Row. It would take dozens of posts to individually embed each of the interviews. In order to get them all posted, I decided to put them into categories instead and let all of them get up before the weekend was over. Some of these may have already been posted, but in the interest of thoroughness, I’d rather repeat than inadvertently leave someone out.

First, we’ll take a look at all of the candidates for office, including those already holding office and running for re-election.

Isaac Hayes, from Illinois’ 2nd Congressional district, running against Jesse Jackson Jr:

Joel Pollak, Illinois’ 9th Congressional district, running against Jan Schakowsky:

Mike Lee, running in a primary against Sen. Bob Bennett (R-UT):

Doug Hoffman, considering another run in NY-23:

Ovide Lamontagne, running in primary for Senate in New Hampshire:

Rep. Steve King, IA-03, two parts (some technical problems):

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-UT:

Patrick Murray, running in the primary for Virginia’s 8th CD (three parts):

Edward Lynch, candidate in Florida’s 19th CD special election in April:

Les Phillip, Alabama’s 5th CD, running in primary against GOP convert Parker Griffiths:

Comments

dang
too bad randy altschuler

wasn’t interviewed

hes hoping to dethrone tim bishop in our area

blatantblue on February 21, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Whoa! Issac Hayes is scarey smart! He would eat Jackson for lunch in a debate. Hey maybe he could mentor Sarah Palin on the issues. really! Besides his name is associated with some pretty good music. It seems Issac Hayes (chef) and Jesse Jackson already know each other.

sonnyspats1 on February 21, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I was pleased to see Les Phillip at CPAC. He is in my district and is a very strong candidate on policy and very appealing at this point. My husband and I are leaning heavily on pulling the lever for him.

Also,a shout-out to Melissa his campaign manager if she’s reading this blog – great job getting Les to CPAC Melissa! Your getting him exposure in all the right places.

KickandSwimMom on February 21, 2010 at 10:52 AM

So where is everyone? Hmm put a black man up on the marquee and we get no comments? Whats with that?!!!

sonnyspats1 on February 21, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I’m using IE8, but something is wrong with UStream. Videos randomly starting off on their own. With a bunch on one page, sometimes several at the same time. Even when scrolling around to identify the ones running and putting them on pause, eventually, they take off on their own again. Same thing when there’s just one video on a page. Rather annoying of UStream.

AH_C on February 21, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Thank you for bringing all of these candidates to our attention, Ed!

With Primary season coming up, we need to make sure we are supporting the best candidates to run in November!

In my district, I am supporting Dana Walsh who is running to take away Nancy Pelosi’s seat. Check out her web site at http://www.danawalshforcongress.com/

Hot Air friends – Let us know who you think the best candidates are in your districts.

2010 is going to take a team effort, if we are going to successfully clean the House and the Senate!

wren on February 21, 2010 at 4:16 PM