Video: Breitbart goes nuclear on Salon writer at CPAC for smearing James O’Keefe as racist

posted at 4:55 pm on February 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Big Journalism. I’m kicking myself for not having covered this at the time because most of you won’t know the background before watching. Briefly, lefty smear merchant Max Blumenthal dropped a hit piece on O’Keefe at Salon a few weeks ago alleging that he had helped plan some sort of white-supremacist conference in 2006, and even manned a table there at which racist literature was being sold.

Minor problem one: It wasn’t a white-supremacist conference. It was a debate on “Race and Conservatism” featuring a panel discussion between mainstream conservatives and racist radicals. Among the mainstreamers was Kevin Martin, a black conservative who spoke up after the Salon piece was published to say that O’Keefe chatted with him at the conference and “voiced personal support for me and my positions. He also repudiated the radical elements in the room that night.”

Minor problem two: Dave Weigel of the Washington Independent, the alleged source for the detail about O’Keefe manning the table with racist lit, also spoke up after Blumenthal’s piece hit to say that he had no reason to believe O’Keefe had helped plan the event and had never claimed that O’Keefe manned a table there.

And those weren’t the only “minor problems.” The end result: Salon had to formally retract the detail about O’Keefe planning the event, although as far as I know, the fact that O’Keefe allegedly told Kevin Martin he was on his side remains unreported.

You’re now pretty well prepared for what you’re about to see, although I recommend following the links above and reading Patterico’s reports on this, which were stellar as usual. Exit question: Breitbart’s having a good week at CPAC, isn’t he?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Canopfor,

You and I go back many years. Loved ya then, love ya now. This little bi**h slapping you and your mates just laid on these libtards reminds me of some great times had at CQ…

Keemo on February 21, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Keemo: Thank-you Keemo,much appreciated:)

The Liberal Narrative Perception /Deception,is
reaching critical mass,oops,that could be mis-
construed as calling for violent Jihadyism,er
or,a Liberal interpretation of,haha!!:)

canopfor on February 22, 2010 at 2:49 AM

The only discussion I want to have with a racist radical is the kind where he is on his knees, hands behind his head, and pissing in his pants because I’ve got the barrel of a .45 pressed against his temple and my trigger finger is getting twitchy.

What the fuck is wrong with people here?

You understand that fantasizing about putting a gun to a defenseless person’s head because you don’t like their opinions is really fucked up, right?

CliveStaples on February 22, 2010 at 4:56 AM

Joe, I mean, er, Bizarro No. 1, go nuts. I think people with a level head can distinguish between a suggestion and an order.

Patterico on February 22, 2010 at 1:45 AM

LOL

Whatever it takes to get you through!

Bizarro No. 1 on February 22, 2010 at 6:08 AM

Andrew Breitbart needs to be elected to Senate!!!! Andrew you are the greatest!

Thank you for standing up for every one of us conservatives who has been inaccurately labeled “racist” by the media!!!!

Lothar on February 22, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your “do whatever it takes, ruin as many people’s lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way”?—Derek Zoolander

digitalintrigue on February 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Who is the other guy with the beard who spoke to the MSM scum after Breitbart took off? I love the whole good cop, bad cop thing they had going and I just adore seeing the NEW media fight back against the Lamestream media.

Daemonocracy on February 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I don’t get it. O’Keefe attended what some have called a racist conference

harry on February 20, 2010 at 6:34 PM

The only people who have called it a racist conference are the terminally clueless who call everyone who disagrees with them racist.

Which explains why you have bought into the lie.

MarkTheGreat on February 22, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I don’t think

harry on February 20, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Up to that point, you had it right.

MarkTheGreat on February 22, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Heck, we need some of that Libyan socialized healthcare if he was on death’s door in the UK but is thriving now under Quadaffi. /s

mizflame98 on February 22, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Oops! Wrong thread!

mizflame98 on February 22, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I’m pretty glad Breitbart is on “our side”….

I believe he is getting awfully good at ruining the MSM’s whole paradigm…..

ted c on February 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM

lovingmyUSA on February 20, 2010 at 5:37 PM

That’s just the proof that the GOP has been taking over by Libertarians. And yes, those Libertarians have the exact same agenda as the Libertarian Party. They just can’t sell the snake oil via the Libertarian Party. Same concept as to why Marxists like Obama join the Democrat Party.

Sultry Beauty on February 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM

That he is Syd Blumenthal’s kid explains it all. Consider the source.

Angry Dumbo on February 22, 2010 at 3:08 PM

If you would like to get Max Blumenthal’s goofy take on his encounter, you can go to his website.

SC.Charlie on February 22, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Breitbart is awesome. I am sure that he is quickly becoming the MSM’s #1 foe.

Dick Turpin on February 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM

It’s just a given, regardless of the “side.” When anyone pursues an ideological stance, such as “all conservatives are racists,” (or fill in the blank on liberals, too), the next step will be into absurdity and apology.

AnninCA on April 12, 2010 at 11:46 PM