CPAC: A look inside XPAC

posted at 10:16 am on February 20, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Kirsten takes us on a brief tour of XPAC 2010, the alternative experience offered by Kevin McCullough and Stephen Baldwin parallel to the CPAC convention. It had a big night on Friday, when a number of GOP candidates arrived to address the crowd and the stars from Autotune the News provided the entertainment. Kirsten, known as Kburd in the BMX Radio Now chatroom, gives us a quick look at the calm before the next storm on Saturday.

Kevin told me that XPAC hosted the Fox Strategy Room on Friday, and he’s getting requests to take this on the road at other events. Keep an eye out for XPAC — and if you come to CPAC 2011, plan to spend some significant time at XPAC.

Comments

XPAC? Really?

I’m trying to think of a good wrestling joke, but I’m not sure what x-pac did that was the least bit memorable.

Keljeck on February 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM

You guys… had… LAN parties? With… Gaming?
…….

Whens the next CPAC/XPAC? I’m going!

Razgriez on February 20, 2010 at 10:25 AM

So this is what X-Pac does when he’s not making sex tapes with Chyna.

CoffeeMan on February 20, 2010 at 10:39 AM

A look inside Sean Waltman? Nooooo!!!

KGB on February 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Fantastic idea.

Blake on February 20, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I think he should have taped that interview when something was actually happening (besides a few kids playing video games).

Or was this just an excuse to flirt with Kirsten?

Disturb the Universe on February 20, 2010 at 10:47 AM

First of all, I have two 19 year olds, so I get it that there might not be a large amount of love for the speakers at CPAC, BUT MONKEY, I would feel much better about XPAC if they did not have such a negative attitude towards the speakers. These kids may not get it, or may think the speakers are boring, but the speakers at CPAC are discussing the XPAC attendees futures, and to a very large extent whether or not there will be a country left for them to have comfy chairs to nap in.

I also get it that we need to have a way to attract young people to CPAC, but this appears to be more about a gaming lounge rather than these young people developing ideas of how we could do a better job of attracting other yutes, and them developing some ideas on how they might solve some of the problems we are currently facing. Reality bites! However, I would hope and pray there were some sessions on dealing with the heavy issues their country now faces. If the EPA and Obama keep pressing forward with their agenda, these kids might find that there is little time or little electricity for them to play their favorite video games. Quite frankly, their parents may not have a roof over their heads in order for them to even have a home to do anything in!

Lastly, I am not comfortable with their attitude towards older people and suits. To me this comes too close to a “Soylent Green” type of idea, or it has a tinge of Alinsky/Marxist flavor. Yesterday, Beck spoke briefly about how many people have radically changed how they handle the caring of older family members. He talking about how at one time it was natural to take in your elderly parents, but that now children do not want to do this. It may just be me, but there seems to be a lack of respect here, and a suggestion that because the speakers at CPAC are not their age, there is nothing there for them to learn from or of any interest. Kirsten’s flippant attitude towards the CPAC speakers to me was rather alarming.

This is in the beginning stages obviously, but there needs to be some serious attitude changes made and ASAP.

freeus on February 20, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Unbelievably, the wrestling jokes here have reaffirmed my faith in humanity.

Red Cloud on February 20, 2010 at 12:21 PM

No kidding? Really? Just where do you think the Public School system has been heading for the last 25 to 30 years? This is what they (The Left®)have been working towards.

This is again, an intended consequence engineered by the Leftists. I cannot tell you the looks of dismay I get when people learn that I care for and have living with me an elderly parent that needs my support. I’m treated as some sort of circus freak by the oh so high and mighty progressives. Scum!

Again…as designed. When the bottom does drop out, most of these little sh!ts are going to whine terribly about how unfair things are. I will be laughing inside, as I cry outwardly for the destruction of my Nation. I cannot wait to hear the cries of anguish and fear when the Left in this country finally get what they have coming. At this point, nothing will stop the inevitable clash that is coming.

mrpeabody on February 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM

It may just be me, but there seems to be a lack of respect here…

freeus on February 20, 2010 at 12:00 PM

mrpeabody on February 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I think you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill, and I didn’t even notice a mole hill.

FloatingRock on February 20, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I think…

FloatingRock on February 20, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Not from what I have observed.

mrpeabody on February 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Not from what I have observed.

mrpeabody on February 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM

But then, maybe your power of observation isn’t very keen considering that most everything that you and Freeus said about Kirsten above was pure supposition on your part based on your own preconceptions about youngsters. You can’t possibly know as much about her as you pretend, yet reading your posts you’d think Kirsten had her finger hovering over the start button on a doomsday device.

The only thing evident about Kirsten ascertainable from the video is that she’s very much like young adults of any other generation, an attractive one I might add; whereas reading this thread there is ample evidence that the two of you are very much like grouchy old suit wearing men who like to yell at youngsters for acting their age and not showing proper respect to your clothing.

FloatingRock on February 20, 2010 at 4:05 PM

mrpeabody on February 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM

way to alienate future conservatives, cockholster. Why don’t you try putting on your own convention…

liquidflorian on February 20, 2010 at 5:15 PM