Joe the Plumber: I can’t support Palin if she supports McCain

posted at 7:18 pm on February 15, 2010 by Allahpundit

Where does this fit in the great hierarchy of authenticity politics? Sarahcuda may be the most salt-of-the-earth pol on the American landscape but she’s also an internationally famous celebrity and multimillionaire. Surely a blue-collar Joe who’s been known to fix toilets outranks her. Does that mean she’s now been formally excommunicated from the church of “true conservatism” — as I suspected — or did yesterday’s NASCAR appearance imbue her with some sort of impregnable authenticity forcefield?

More importantly, does this mean Meggie Mac was right?

Wurzelbacher touched on several different points during his speech, and many of them were surprising. He said he doesn’t support Sarah Palin anymore. Why? Because she’s backing John McCain’s re-election effort. “John McCain is no public servant,” he told the room, calling the 2008 Republican nominee a career politician.

I pointed out he’d just be plain old Sam Wurzelbacher of Ohio — Joe the Plumber wouldn’t exist – without McCain. His response was blunt. “I don’t owe him s—. He really screwed my life up, is how I look at it.”…

Wurzelbacher also told the room to lay off the extreme personal attacks on President Obama. He said people who question whether Obama was born in the United States or compare him to Hitler “belittle and set back” the conservative movement. “The birthers, the truthers — if people are trying to bunch them [with tea partiers], that would kill us. That just pushes away Democrats and independents who might come out for our cause otherwise.” He said he actually likes Obama, in some ways. “I think his ideology is un-American, but he’s one of the more honest politicians. At least he told us what he wanted to do.”

A semi-related footnote: Chris Simcox, head of the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps and third-party challenger to McCain in Arizona, dropped out today and endorsed J.D. Hayworth to help unify grassroots opposition to Maverick. I’ve been skeptical that Palin would pay a price among conservatives for backing McCain since her endorsement can be chalked up to personal loyalty, but the higher profile this race becomes, the more of a litmus test it will seem — especially now that tea partiers are making inroads inside the GOP, at both the very highest and very lowest levels. Even among our own readers, who skew heavily pro-Palin, 42 percent thought she shouldn’t be out there stumping for McCain. Exit question: Time for Sarah to have a change of heart, or will her inevitable endorsement of Rubio balance the scales?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Gregor were you part of the pack that thought Palin quitting her job as governor would ruin her chances forever?

lovingmyUSA on February 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM

No. I like Palin and I support her, for now. If she campaigns for McCain … I’ll be her worst enemy.

Because this argument is along the same lines

No. It’s not. That’s absurd, and you know it. She resigned as Governor to take advantage of a chance to impact the conservative movement on a national scale. That move was all about her wanting to move the country to true conservatism. This move, is the opposite. McCain is the opposite of true conservatism. He’s a progressive.

I am really tired of Palin being pushed and pulled to fit an ideological mold in some people’s minds.

You mean, you’re tired of conservatives expecting candidates who claim to be conservatives to act like real conservatives?

I get it.

So, why should we listen to anything you have to say, if you’re tired of those wanting conservative candidates to be conservative?

I love it that she is not afaid to do what SHE wants–not what all of YOU want.

“YOU” meaning who? Us conservatives? What are you then? A troll? Are you lost?

I see this as being loyal to McCain, nothing more

Again, as I pointed out before, it’s apparently okay to support the enemy, as long as you’re just being loyal.

Gregor on February 15, 2010 at 10:03 PM

OMG you’re supporting the “Truther”? no wonder you won’t say her name

That is a smear with no basis in fact. If you can point to one published event, interview, or recorded media, or anything like a website for truthers or any other factual piece of evidence that shows Debra medina is a truther, then I will shut up about I wont ever mention her nameless or by name ever again.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Google: question Medina / answers truther

Americannodash on February 15, 2010 at 10:13 PM

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Google Glenn Beck show Debra Medina truther… there is even audio…

CCRWM on February 15, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Google: question Medina / answers truther

Americannodash on February 15, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Dude the onlyy thing that comes up for that was the Beck interview, if in which you listened to it, she never takes a position that states she is a truther or beleives that the U.S. Government had anything to do with 911. The only thing that came out of that interview was that she answered the questioned pretty badly came off sounding Palinesque in her answer, and then Beck has a childish like giggly fit about it, and then goes on to post on his website that she is an admitted truther. Incidentally she refutes the accusation in an official statement on her site. In the end there is nothing factual that point to debra medina being a truther or supporting the movement.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Gregor on February 15, 2010 at 10:03 PM

The enemy really…lately McCain has been fighting Obama’s agenda agressively…you know he might have just gotten the message…

CCRWM on February 15, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Damn Joe, opened up your mouth and diarrhea came out. Must have been a bad consequence of turd wrestling. When the Won presents his personal info that I may look upon them well then I’ll quit talking about it but until then you can STFU.

Eligibility is a serious thing to me and I won’t take another’s word for a substitute.

On the campaigning for McAmnesty well I’m sure glad I didn’t buy her book. Speaking out of both sides of her mouth is what most politicians generally do to pander and I won’t accept that from her.

larvcom on February 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Incidentally, and not that it has anything to do with the Medina smear, but beck his self if you listen to his show has had a number of outrageously nutty recent conspiracy theories of his own. Some of which have been discussed in articles on this blog.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM

This answer should have been a simple and straight forward one. No conspiracy, period. She failed. Bye bye.

Americannodash on February 15, 2010 at 10:25 PM

CCRWM on February 15, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Nah, he just likes his job, and will say anything to keep it, after re-election it will be time to sell out again.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM

First, Medina punted the ‘are you a truther’ question on Beck’s show, so that got her quickly branded as a truther. Then, she released a statement saying that she is not associated with the truthers and that she believes Muslim terrorists were totally responsible for 9/11. Basically, she said all of the ‘right things’ that she should have said on Beck’s program. And now there are two camps: those who only go by what happened with Beck, and those who read her statement and take her word that she’s not a truther. What’s in her heart, who knows. But, for now, it seems that she’s not a truther.

joejm65 on February 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Out of curiosity, has Palin failed in your eyes when she answered that silly answer about Alaska being close to Russia, or about not being able to give a straight answer about not reading a newspaper?

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:28 PM

It was a dumb non-answer. It was a politicians answer. It was not an admission. I hate when pols answer like this too. Pisses me off to no end. But I aint gonna go on a national smear rant and say that someone is something they arent just cause they didnt give the answer I wanted.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Besides it doesnt change the fact that Palin in in my (our) state campaigning for a RINO.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Palin had absolutely no choice but to endorse McCain. The fact that Joe doesn’t see that reality does not speak well of him and his intellect. Yes, it sucks for her, but she can’t betray the man that brought her to national prominence. To do so would have been a political nightmare of epic proportion. Gotta think logically, Joe.

Jim-Rose on February 15, 2010 at 7:54 PM

That’s absolutely ridiculous. You don’t actually believe that, do you? DOH!

Gregor on February 15, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I do because I think logically and dispassionately, but despite that, it’s folly to get all lathered up over political endorsements, especially an endorsement like this. We know how Palin really feels, and we know that she’s just being loyal, which is an admirable trait. And she knows that we know…at least some of us do.

Jim-Rose on February 15, 2010 at 10:32 PM

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Are you trying to hijack this thread?

Americannodash on February 15, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Jim-Rose on February 15, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Summed up nicely.

rrpjr on February 15, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Are you trying to hijack this thread?

The thread was about Palin and Joe accsuing her of supporting RINOs. Joes is right, and it ain’t just was Arizonan RINO. She is in Texas campaigning for a real low life sleave dirtbag.
All I did is point this out, and also mention there is a real conservative in the race.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Are you trying to hijack this thread?

Americannodash on February 15, 2010 at 10:33 PM

You haven’t responded about Palin’s pretty poor politcal answers.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Nah, She just wants the job, and will say anything to get it, after re-election it will be time to be a truther again.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM

FIFY Medina said she would not disqualify staff if they belive that and she also said, “some very good questions have been asked that have not been answered”…she’s a truther… what a maroon…

CCRWM on February 15, 2010 at 10:39 PM

We know how Palin really feels, and we know that she’s just being loyal

Is it her loyalty that she is showing when she comes to texas to campaign for a RINO dirtbag like Rick Perry?

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM

That is not an admission or support of the movement. I will not resort to calling you a childish name.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:41 PM

go ahead call me whatever yu want..i dont care and it was Medina I was saying is a moron… now go get a glass of water, drink it and cool down a little…like Beck said Medina has found the fastest route to 4% again….

CCRWM on February 15, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Makes you wonder what was in that glass beck had.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:46 PM

pauly… does it matter how much you rant against Perry? I mean he’s leading and better he’s not a truther…

CCRWM on February 15, 2010 at 10:48 PM

None of the three of them are truthers, but one is bought by big pharma and foreign interests (isn’t this illegal), the other has a career in Washington where is is the second biggest porker behind Barney Frank.
But more to the point of this thread, is who Palin is associating with and it should cause big concern for all you Palinistas.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:50 PM

You all think Sarah Palin is such a “man of the people”, a “regular joe”, just like “one of us”. Is Rick Perry one of those kinds of people? Why is Sarah Palin campaigning for him? WHAT IS THE BUY OFF for her suppport?

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I RATHER HAVE A POLITICIAN KEEP HIS OR HER WORD THEN AN OPPORTUNIST THAT CHANGE

BY SUPPORTING MCCAIN, PALIN GETS SOMETHING THAT MOST POLITICIANS LACK: TRUST.

AND YES, I CAN SEE THE LEFT MEDIA HOPING THAT SHE WILL DROP MCCAIN; LET’S NOT FALL FOR THAT!

mooseburger on February 15, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I read this article, and then some of the threads, and how they were really slamming Joe, becuase he is disllusioned with Sarah Palin. But Joe makes some bonafide points, and so do some of the other posters here. I just wanted to add my two cents worth on the matter. It isnt only MCain she is supporting, if it were it would be understandable as some of you have argued. But sh is supporting some really slimy people out there, just like my current and very corrupt governor.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Sarah Palin’s politcal support of Rick Perry is far worse than a stupid answer about Alaska being close to Russia. One has to wonder why she is meddling in something she does not understand. And if you would argue that she does understand the Texas gunatorial race, then her support of Rick Perry is even more damning.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Meggie Mac is a dumbass.

Johnson on February 15, 2010 at 11:05 PM

mooseburger on February 15, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Very astute of you, congratulations! BTW, ignore paulsur, it’s a myspace moby in some form or another and it’s lost at sea.

Americannodash on February 15, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Meggie Mac is a dumbass.

No, she just tried to hijack the wrong political party. The political party she thought her daddy owned.

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 11:07 PM

ignore paulsur

Why don’t you make a valid argument for what I am saying. Why don’t you provide an answer to why sarah pailin is supporting other lose corrupt RINOs besides McCain? You palistas are so blinded by your desire to have this perfect conservative populist package that you won;t even entertain a possibility that she is just like the rest, bought and paid for by the corrupt machine. Joe has it right on…and with that I must bail and go to bed. See ya Allah!

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Sarah is the ultimate RINO. Her right-wing credentials are 0.

She has not railed against the scam of global warming.
She has not spoken out out against illegal immigrants
She has not spoken out against radical islam
She has not spoken out entitlements like social security
She has not spoken out against the liberal Hollywood establishment.
She has not spoken out against creeping socialism.
She has not spoken out against Leftist ideology in the educational institutions.
She has not spoken out against groups like ACORN.
She has not spoken out against political correctness, but in fact, uses it when it suits her.

The list of what she has NOT done to cement her credentials as a right-winger is endless. There isn’t any space between her and Romney or Huck or yes, even John McCain.

What has she done with her time after quitting and running away from her voters in Alaska? Well, like Obama did, she has already gone on the celebrity circuit to promote her autobiography with her smiling face on the front cover. People, like her and Obama, who publish autobiographies at the beginning of their careers, when they have accomplished little or nothing, are narcissistic jokes.

Where is this vanguard of the newly-minted conservative movement? It certainly can not be her. Let’s hope it is not her. She is nothing but a dull witted ex-beauty queen with very centrist, politically correct views. She is, in effect, another RINO like George Bush, except not as sharp, not as funny, and nowhere near as resilient to attacks from the Left. She is, effectively, the worst of both worlds.

keep the change on February 15, 2010 at 11:17 PM

keep the change on February 15, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Nice rant. So, if everyone is a RINO, then who has ‘cemented their credentials as a right-winger’? WHO? Who is the best of both worlds? Just one name, please.

joejm65 on February 15, 2010 at 11:24 PM

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Hmmmm…maybe because the “RINO’s” competition is an even bigger RINO and an apparent Troofer.

ddrintn on February 15, 2010 at 11:32 PM

keep the change on February 15, 2010 at 11:17 PM

What a slippery soap box you stand upon. Step down and give us a candidate before you fall and hurt yourself. It better not be a windsock. You know who I mean, right?

Americannodash on February 15, 2010 at 11:35 PM

The fact that you support her decision, is all the more evidence that it was a bad one.

Gregor on February 15, 2010 at 8:03 PM

LMAO – what a twisted bit of logic that is!

Bradky on February 15, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Wow, paulsur and keep the change, Calbrese just made y’all look like idjits.

John the Libertarian on February 16, 2010 at 12:41 AM

as I’ve pointed out before, the right will smear Palin on any given opportunity. And once again, the left will smear Palin as much as possible, but will want her to run in 2012. an interesting catch 22 in my mind.

disillusioned on February 16, 2010 at 1:58 AM

“I think his[Obama] ideology is un-American, but he’s one of the more honest politicians. At least he told us what he wanted to do (“spread the wealth”).” Sam “Joe the Plumber” Wurzelbacher

And you’re the guy that made the SOB tip his hand “Joe”,
and thanks for that! Glad to see you’re still in the game.

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on February 16, 2010 at 2:15 AM

CCRWM on February 15, 2010 at 10:23 PM

The only message McCain got was that he might not win re-election.

The minute McCain gets re-elected, he’ll start going across the aisle and work with the Democrats to sell out Conservatism.

McCain has to go. I’m going to be donating at least $100 to JD and I’m going to vote against the old fart in August….

Tim Burton on February 16, 2010 at 2:53 AM

Oh my.

Oh your.

notropis on February 16, 2010 at 4:00 AM

Here is a broadcast message for you!

I won’t support Palin either if she supports MopeyDick McCain.

Frankly, I would very much like to see McCain either retire or get booted out of office, strictly on the basis that he is the Chief Numero Uno RINO in the Senate.

Add to that, I’m now sick of his loudmouthed daughter Meghan ThunderThighs!

pilamaye on February 16, 2010 at 5:58 AM

I’m with Joe on this one.

Sarah’s got a lot of ‘splainin to do.

stenwin77 on February 16, 2010 at 7:08 AM

I’m no McCain fan but you people are acting like he’s some sort of Green Party candidate. He’s strong on national security, spent the time since the election fighting the Obama agenda and gave Sarah her platform. Would you respect her more if she had no loyalty and read a poll, saw McCain was unpopular and spit on him?

I respect integrity, that’s what Palin has shown and is showing now.

Rob Taylor on February 16, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Palin honestly considers McCain to be an American hero. Like many people, she simply values his military history more than she is willing to deride his actual character. She’s also a career politician and is not stupid. Palin knows how devastating it would be to McCain if she didn’t support and campaign for him. The media only likes McCain when he’s vulnerable or when he’s spouting liberal ideas. If Palin didn’t support McCain the MSM would eviscerate both of them.

I absolutely hate John McCain. In my opinion any “honor” he earned as a POW and member of the the military was wiped out when he supported John Kerry over the Swiftie’s. Character? John McCain has no character.

Sarah Palin really doesn’t have any choice because she does have character.

Jaynie59 on February 16, 2010 at 8:09 AM

This Palin worship is out of control…I like her and view her as a modern day “Annie Oakley” of sorts…And, I think she is doing gods work right now. But, this hero worship being projected on her is more American Idol bull$hit that gave us Obama-mao. The Presidency is the toughest job in the world. It is a 24/7 operation involving the most complex issues known to mankind. Facebook campaigns, and an occasional speech to an adoring audience are not going to cut it for a Commander in Chief…The military tries to put those who have been forged in steel in charge of ships, battalions, regiments etc…This should be the mindset of the public in looking for person to run a Superpower…

Nozzle on February 16, 2010 at 9:22 AM

He should join team Ron Paul for 2012.

Why was he campaigning for the McCainster in the first place…

Spathi on February 16, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Politics is depressing sometimes. Joe the Plumber and Sarah Palin, and WE’RE the party on the upswing! Good lawd.

Dash on February 16, 2010 at 9:50 AM

She didn’t have to endorse anyone. She could have waited till after the primaries to endorse/campaign for McCain.

MeatHeadinCA on February 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM

McCain asked for her endorsement and asked her to campaign with him. If she had turned him down or told him to wait for the general election, the media would have been all over that–claiming she was ungrateful and that she was disrespecting the man who brought her to national attention. Either way, she gets hammered. I have no love loss for McCain and think he’s a first class jerk for not defending her against his campaign staff but Palin is not petty or vindictive and will never turn her back on McCain depsite their political differences.

Redneck Woman on February 16, 2010 at 9:58 AM

To take seriously anyone’s criticism of a candidate for not being “pure” enough, I’d have to know that the critic himself was ideologically pure.

I’m not taking this famous plumber too seriously.

pugwriter on February 16, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Ok, I am an Arizona resident so I have a dog in this fight. McCain is a Progressive RINO Republican. No, I do not believe he has “SEEN THE LIGHT”. What he has seen is people are pissed off at Republicans in general. He is doing what Progressives do at election time, move to the right and hope people do not remember his policies, i.e. McCain/Feingold, Amnesty, porkulas bill, etc. How he looked down his nose at us little people when we fought back in amnesty. Oh yea, I live 8 miles from the border. I see all the border patrol everyday, find the discarded backpacks that litter the countryside, read the stories of break-ins. Do not preach to us about McCain. He needs to go home, he should take his progressive daughter with him. Palin better get the message and change who she is supporting. Stumping for McCain makes her no different then any other politician, all about expediency. I will support J.D Hayworth and work against McCain or any who support him.

usarmyretired on February 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM

usarmyretired on February 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM

It doesn’t please me that she’s supporting him now.

dogsoldier on February 16, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Joe and others who demand dogmatic purity in all things will find themselves without a viable candidate. Good luck with that, Joe.

littleguy on February 16, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Palin was used as a cheap tool by McCain and his ilk. Palin kept McCain from being Mondale II. Mondale carried one state and that was his home state of Minnesota by 2%. Reagan was 2% from being unanimous from all states being for him. That was more than payback.

volsense on February 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I always liked Joe the Plumber, but it was pretty easy to see that he let fame go to his head.

The guy is just a guy. It hasn’t worked out well for him.

That’s actually due to his lack of political talent. “Blunt” personality types nearly always have a short life.

But, still, I did think McCain exploited the guy.

AnninCA on February 16, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Just watch this race in AZ. Brown was exciting in MA, but the depth of this movement will really show it’s intensity and power when it defeats the Chief RINO McCain.

Go-o-o-o, JD

Change, it is a comin!!!!

neoSon of Liberty on February 16, 2010 at 11:22 AM

posted at 7:18 pm on February 15, 2010 by Allahpundit

The condescension is strong with this one.

TheUnrepentantGeek on February 16, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I respect integrity, that’s what Palin has shown and is showing now.

Rob Taylor on February 16, 2010 at 8:02 AM

If you support integrity, then you cannot support McCain. McCain is a hero and he is welcome in my home anytime, but I would not support him for the Senate.

National security – Amnesty; is he against it now? How many illegal students with overstayed visas would be US Citizens now?
McCain Fiengold – what a limitation on free speech.
HE BELIEVES IN GLOBAL WARMING!
He was for Health Care reform, like OBAMA during the campaign and now against it.

I am very pleased that Obama won versus Obama-lite; McCain. We now have a chance to get rid of those that have NO INTEGRITY.

Let me repeat, McCain is welcome in my home anytime.

Joe is correct to call her out.
Sarah is correct to back the one that brung her.

Both need to back only true conservatives in primary challenges and the “most” conservative in the general election.

Joe correc

barnone on February 16, 2010 at 11:59 AM

joejm65 on February 15, 2010 at 11:24 PM

There aren’t any. But the dearth of a real conservative does not justify creating one out of thin air. The left did that with Obama. They created a messiah out of thin air, and it is costing them big now. A leader is needed, and if such a leader with such credentials can not be found, then at the very least the movement needs to anoint one not so unpopular with the very constituencies whose votes we need to take back the White House.

keep the change on February 16, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I have not read it anywhere (yet).

Did McCain (or McCain’s people) call Sarah to campaign for him because he’s in trouble, or did Sarah volunteer to campaign for McCain?

Sir Napsalot on February 16, 2010 at 12:51 PM

No biggie. I totally understand Joe’s anger. McCain is no friend of my needs

I don’t have trouble with Palin doing a stump, because it does not change McCain’s number one trait: untrustworthiness

Palin owed McCain for giving her a national platform and later, half heartedly but politely saying nice things about her. True his minions ran about trashing her but he gave her a hearty 50 percent respect. (I suspect because he knew he might need her again)

I do not see her talking McCain talk.

Palin showed up at the Tea party convention when others ran, Had she her way, she would have campaigned Michigan but McCain was too stupid to let her

She will be ‘Paid in full’ with this election. If I was in Az, I would attend to see Palin, and then vote against McCain. Brown is deeper in debt with McCain, and McCain made a point to be in every photo when Brown hit DC. Brown technically only owes McCain the election stump, but McCain can undercut Brown in the Senate and possibly damage the Brown aura, so Brown is an X factor at this point

I empathize with Joe, He has every reason to be afraid of the McCain tentacles. However, Joe should not drop Palin off the list, at least for now. She is the best voice of the Tea Party (and McCain stays away from Tea Party like it is poison) so there is a big difference

Palin has brought life and hope to the rebels, and I hear they are moving into GOP precinct fights. Her reputation will give them cover

entagor on February 16, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Last time I checked, thousands weren’t crowding around Joe the Plumber for a brief glimpse of him and millions weren’t buying his book. Why exactly should I care if he doesn’t support Palin?
I supported Joe in his push-back against Ob+ama, but that doesn’t translate into giving a sh!t what he thinks of Palin. AP may respect him as a spokesman for conservatism but I don’t and my opinion is one of an actual conservative.

Extrafishy on February 16, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Joe has backtracked on this. See his piece on BigGovernment

Dasher on February 16, 2010 at 2:05 PM

OK, just how does a man keep his skull clean shaven, but his chin area scruffy?

bloggless on February 16, 2010 at 3:27 PM

My problem with her support of McShamesty is that she looks now just like all other party hacks who bend over when asked so they can eat at the big table.

I wish she would reconsider.

jarhead0311 on February 16, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Well said. I would only add that Captain Amnesty treated Palin like dirt during the campaign and she owes him nothing. It doesn’t please me that she’s supporting him now.

dogsoldier on February 16, 2010 at 10:33 AM

All I’ll say is, give her time — she may yet pull something of value out of this boondoggle before it’s all over.

She will be ‘Paid in full’ with this election.

entagor on February 16, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Agree. On the political-favor front Palin is getting off lightly here. This way she doesn’t have to wonder any more when that phone call’s coming. She can move on, severing ties if necessary, without it seeming awkward down the line.

Now, as to when Palin gets repaid for the trash-talking they did about her: that’s a different dish altogether and I imagine it will have to be served cold.

RD on February 16, 2010 at 4:21 PM

More importantly, does this mean Meggie Mac was right?

AP, when the heck did Meghan McCain become the arbiter of what is conservative and true and what isn’t? I hate it when people attack her intelligence or looks, but I honestly couldn’t care less what she thinks about JTP or SP. Actually, I’d rather forget 2009 even happened….

Rightwingguy on February 16, 2010 at 4:35 PM

From TRS -> Rush defends Palin. Interesting.

pt on February 16, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I honestly feel a little sorry for JTP. He never wanted any of this (maybe he did, who knows?)All he did was hit Obama on one question and all of a sudden, he’s a conservative media darling. Why people can’t let this guy go back to his normal life is beyond me.

Rightwingguy on February 16, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Joe is a plunger head and has been from the get-go. Talk about ignorant. I couldn’t care less what he things about Palin and don’t know why it matters AP. Ever hear of loyalty by the way? She was pretty much unheard of until McCain brought her out of obscurity. This is payback and it is ok. She is far from a Progressive and don’t even go there regardless of her obligatory support for the Rino.

highninside on February 16, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Bye, Joe.

Lourdes on February 16, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Why should I care what Joe the plumber says any more than anyone else I meet in a bar or cafe? He’s just another working stiff with his own opinion of which I pay absolutely no attention. Of course, the opinions of the media talking heads means less to me than Joes if that is possible.

docdave on February 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM

This is a very, very dumb statement by Joe the Plumber. Srah Palin has made clear her sincere respect and support of John McCain. After all, John McCain is a genuine American patriot and war hero who is from a distingushed American military family, who is an expert in foreign policy, military matters and national security, who historically has voted his pro-life fiscal conservative convictions and who in 2009 had a very conservative voting record. Why on earth should Sarah’s support of John McCain give Joe the Plumber cause to say he can’t support Sarah? What utter nonsense! It that is the way he is, then spare us further word of whatever Joe the Plumber says.

In fact, given John McCain’s excellent CONSERVATIVE record in 2009 and this year (anti-deficit spending, anti-bailout, anti-ObamaCare, anti-Sotomayer, anti-Sibellius, anti-Koh, anti-Geithner), conservatives should be supporting John McCain, who has been one of the most vocal voices in opposition to Obama. McCain has denounced Obama for leading a left wing crusade. I for one am very tired of the anti-McCain animus on the part of some so-called conservatives, an animus which is not justified.

Phil Byler on February 16, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Go away “Joe the Plumber”. The 15 minutes of fame ended months ago.

Boxy_Brown on February 16, 2010 at 6:01 PM

JtP has just shown why it is NOT a good idea to glorify the common man.

Chekote on February 16, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Where does this fit in the great hierarchy of authenticity politics?

It doesn’t, JTP is entitled to his opinion but he is out of his league in understanding politics.

If Sarah shuns McCain she shows her lack of political acumen.

She owes McCain, period.

Without him she would still be up in Alaska, an interesting and refreshing politician no one ever heard of.

FireBlogger on February 16, 2010 at 6:55 PM

JtP has just shown why it is NOT a good idea to glorify the common man.

Chekote on February 16, 2010 at 6:34 PM

How about the median obama voter then?
Julio
Obama money gals
Peggy ‘pay my mortgage’ Joseph
These folks…
Empty suit for projection
The children
other children
HE IS A DEMOCRAT!!!

Obama has the stupid vote shored up tight. Good thing you liberals elevate the pathetic and ignorant.

daesleeper on February 16, 2010 at 10:02 PM

paulsur on February 15, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Actually, she answered a silly question about her foreign policy experience. Given that she gets reports on her desk from every AANG unit about the Bears they’ve intercepted, and the Alaskan Government has worked hard to become the direct gateway from North America into the Russian Far East, I’d say she’s got a bit of cred there. And she did bring in the Canadians when the three oil companies tried to lowball Alaska on the revenues from the pipeline to the Lower 48…

As for not giving a straight answer for the newspaper, listen carefully to Katie’s question — it’s a condescending question which assumes that they don’t have anything to read up in Alaska. If someone asked me what we Californians read, I’d be nonplussed myself. I don’t think any Californians read — they all have 64″ plasma displays to watch CNN. What do I read? I’d be ashamed to tell you — mainly because they’re slowly going bankrupt, shedding readers like fleas leaving a dead rat.

How she failed in my mind is giving up the Governorship, which makes her a long shot for any further elective office. My wife has crossed her off as a quitter, and I’m sure many others have too. She’s going to have to slay that dragon (that she won’t quit again) should she run for any other elective office. But that, in my mind, is a minor skeleton compared with her extensive executive experience, which compares quite favorably to the total and continuing lack of executive experience which is the hallmark of the current President.

unclesmrgol on February 17, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Plumber Joe is right about Obama telling us what he would do. He just lies about everything NOW.

That said, Plumber was a tool towards a greater end. His usefulness is over. Though McCain should be defeated by a primary challenger, he will be better than any Dem.

scotash on February 17, 2010 at 2:24 AM

I still can’t figure out what McCain’s game is, especially his lukewarm attitude towards Palin after the election loss. He did us a great service by bringing her into the national spotlight, and his choice speaks well of his political savvy.

Joe the Plumber was yet another brilliant move. I think Joe has the problem that many private citizens have when suddenly thrust into the national media frenzy, and I truly hope he hangs in there and stays true to his (and our) values.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 17, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I don’t get why anybody would get in a tizzy about what ‘Joe the Plumber’ has to say about anything. Is he not just a private citizen with some opinion about something? I have opinions as a private citizen too. For instance, I could never bring myself to vote for Palin because I made a solemn vow to never again vote for anybody that says ‘NUCULAR’. It’s my opinion, shallow as it may be, and I’m entitled to it.

baldylox on February 17, 2010 at 10:59 PM