Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?
posted at 9:00 am on February 14, 2010 by Ed Morrissey
Like it or not, once again, it’s time to pick the gold-medal winner from this week’s round of Obamateurisms. We’ve had to cast an unprecedented number of votes in 2009 to break OOTW deadlocks, and it’s hard not to feel snowed under with them in this administration. If they come any faster, I might have to hire someone to help me keep pace, assuming I can get a loan to meet payroll. If I do, I look forward to exploiting that person for all she’s worth, just to turn to her at the end and say, “Thanks for everything … what’s your name?”
Previous 2010 “winners”:
- Obama says “corpse-man” for corpsman 3 times at Nat’l Prayer Breakfast
- Scolding the Supreme Court over ruling that he got completely wrong during SOTU
- People are unhappy with Obama’s performance because he didn’t get enough public face time to explain himself
- Suddenly jobs saved or created “never expected to be the public accounting of Obama’s goal to save or create 3.5 million jobs”
- Obama rushes home for minor injury to family friend, keeps golfing after EunuchBomber attack
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!
Breaking on Hot Air