Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:00 am on February 14, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Like it or not, once again, it’s time to pick the gold-medal winner from this week’s round of Obamateurisms.  We’ve had to cast an unprecedented number of votes in 2009 to break OOTW deadlocks, and it’s hard not to feel snowed under with them in this administration.  If they come any faster, I might have to hire someone to help me keep pace, assuming I can get a loan to meet payroll.  If I do, I look forward to exploiting that person for all she’s worth, just to turn to her at the end and say, “Thanks for everything … what’s your name?”

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

So,it’ll be another year,of Liberal
Demonization,———towards the Right!:)

canopfor on February 14, 2010 at 11:34 AM

This is all the liberals have….
They have no successes from the Obama administration to brag about so it is nothing but snark and demonization of their political opponents 24/7.

…He!!,they can’t even refute Palin on the issues,that is why they have to whine about her writing a few words on her hand.

Baxter Greene on February 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM

She’s dead and will never know what a douchebag she supported.

thomasaur on February 14, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Well, if we see a Ghost Busters Czar anytime soon we might suspect that she came back for revenge. She certainly deserves some.

Yoop on February 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Implying? Hell, no! I’m saying it directly in a roundabout way! LOL

Liam on February 14, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Well…He!! yes you are!!!!!!!
…and I agree.

Baxter Greene on February 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM

OT-Ping canopfor

Did I misread something the other day, or are you actually just across the river and the locks from all of us yoopers?

If so, we could make you an honorary yooper, but you would have to learn to talk like us. ;-)

Yoop on February 14, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Yoop: Yes,I’m in Sault Ste.Marie,right near the locks,yup!:)

Yoop language,I watched Fargo,tee-hee!:)

canopfor on February 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Went with der Leader griping about the filibusters. What an a**hat.

Then again, we know he said there are 57 States, so maybe he thinks there were only six (not sixty) Dems in the Senate.

Solid B+.

GrannyDee on February 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I went with “like it or not” as the mask slips, revealing that Dear Liar hates capitalism.

rbj on February 14, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Many of these are bold face lies. I have to go with the Training wheels in chief thinking that banks lending would lead me to hiring more employees. What are all those extra employees going to do all day except sit and stare at each other. I swear, this moron has no concept how business works. He believes that businesses stay open only on their ability to borrow money. Wow! His brilliance couldn’t light a gnats lamp.

texriot on February 14, 2010 at 11:51 AM

OT once more:

Yoop: Yes,I’m in Sault Ste.Marie,right near the locks,yup!:)

Yoop language,I watched Fargo,tee-hee!:)

canopfor on February 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Ok, good. If I get over that way in the spring we’ll meet for lunch. I’ll tell you about having lunch with your past PM Pierre E.Trudeau in the NWT arctic.

Have to be on this side, I don’t have a valid passport anymore. Didn’t need one way back when I worked in Toronto.

Say ya to da UP, eh! ;-)

Yoop on February 14, 2010 at 12:02 PM

texriot on February 14, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I suspect Obama would tell you that you could put them to work filling out forms: loan applications.

Yoop on February 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM

God, but there are just too many to choose from. Went with the filibuster gaffe, because it was the easiest to show the emperor has no clothes.

HAnthonyWayne on February 14, 2010 at 12:26 PM

rbj on February 14, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I agree. He’s a liar, and does indeed hate capitalism. But I had to go with the first choice. Not knowing the womans name, while selfishly eulogizing her. Turning it to himself, in the most selfish way he could.

The others are worthy, but I can’t help but think, he knows those are lies, and uses lies every chance he can, if he thinks it will help further himself. Not knowing a name of a supporter, and praising himself at the same time, just tells me, that’s a true obamateurism. lol

capejasmine on February 14, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Had to go with “Businesses will hire if they can get loans to cover payroll”

Just highlights how much this doofus does not understand about business.

I guess he thinks business operates like the government…. with a deficit.

conservnut on February 14, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Biggest whiner in POTUS history.

Sapwolf on February 14, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I usually hate seeing the whining here in the comments each week about how the choices are too hard and need an “All of the Above.”
However this time I think the complaining is warranted.
I’m reminded of an old “The Far Side” cartoon, in which the scientist said, “Gentlemen, we know he’s an idiot, the question is ‘What kind of idiot is he?’”
Too hard to choose, but I went with the ‘Filibuster’ idiot. It signals a shift from “Blame Booosh” to “Blame Everyone.”

Tom_OC on February 14, 2010 at 2:39 PM

After you think about it, the last option is the most worrisome: “Obama gripes about filibusters in a year with none … after having 60 seats in the Senate.” He said that the Democratic Senate had to fight more filibusters in 2009 alone then in all of the 1950′s and 1960′s. First off, the figures used indicate that he had help with this sentence, unless you beleive the president reviewed the entire legislative history of the period himself, which is unlikely. So someone help. The other Obamateurisms could have been off-the-cuff remarks or simply an unfortuante coincidence (the AGW one). But the last Obamateurism seems to be a group effort. He actually had to go looking for someone as dumb as he is. Now that’s an Obamateurism.

Fred 2 on February 14, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Had to go with “Businesses will hire if they can get loans to cover payroll” because it’s so revealing: It demonstrates that Obama really has no concept of how to function without debt. It’s what he does in running the government, and he hasn’t dealt with the consequences yet, so why should American businesses not do the same? It’s frightening, frankly.

I seem to recall an article a while ago about how the Obamas were in terrible debt before Obama’s first book starting bringing in big money. Not just school loans, either. Anyone else remember this and think that it shows again that he has zero idea of how to balance any kind of budget, even a family one?

Animator Girl on February 14, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I voted for Businesses will hire if they can get loans to cover payroll.

It just shows how out of touch the Obama admin & Democrats are when it comes to the economy and high unemployment. STILL stuck on stupid!

TN Mom on February 14, 2010 at 5:06 PM

We need to find a new term to characterize this fella with, “amateur” is becoming insulting to amateurs.ted c on February 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Maybe Ret*rd would be appropriate. Nay, even a ret*rd would get upset if the jello tasted funny two days in a row. Obama continues not to learn (bowing, corpseman, etc).

Electrongod on February 14, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I Call him, “The Bow Movement President.” Which covers all the crap he spews!

sweet pea on February 14, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Barry Sotero cared so little about his role as a Senator he never bothered to find out what the hell a filibuster was…

And the ignorance expressed in stating that businesses will hire if they can get new loans to cover payroll was classic too.

Makes you wonder, just what do these affirmative action underachievers actually study in college?

T J Green on February 14, 2010 at 6:27 PM

ted c on February 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM

I agree. Maybe Lying Embecilic Idiot. That would cover him.

Franklyn on February 14, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Someone on Pajamas Media came up with a good phrase:

“unscrupulous incompetence”.

Dhuka on February 14, 2010 at 6:55 PM

oh hell I’ve worked for start ups in Vegas that depended on roulette for payroll.

I vote for no shout out for the woman who wished to be buried promoting the President.

Character matters.

seesalrun on February 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM

As much as I liked the AGW and what’s-her-name (God rest her soul), I voted for the filibuster. This proves that Maobama is nothing but an empty suit who is in way over his paygrade.

Philly on February 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM

A question that no lib can logically answer:

With all the talk about “choice and competition” during the liberal only healthcare talks and constant assaults on the airwaves to prevent an honest debate with conservatives included, why does Obowma want NO political competition by constantly trying to silence any disenting voices of talk radio and Fox News?

dthorny on February 14, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I think it should be “corpseman” again just because that was awful.

Bet that led to some great jokes in Marine Units, though.

Maybe something like:
“Corpseman up!”
“I’m not dead yet!”
“Alright then, Corpsman up!”

Rightwingguy on February 14, 2010 at 11:09 PM

This week was tough but considering they like to use anecdotal stories to sell Obamacare – I went with the first one. If you are going to use someone to push your political agenda…at least remember their name.

Dr Evil on February 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Only the government borrows money to meet payroll. and cover unemployment caused by their failure to make or understand the hard decisions associated with running a business.

Rush had it right to compare President Obama as the egotistic professor that cannot compete or even properly answer the questions and real world situations that business face.

MSGTAS on February 15, 2010 at 10:01 AM