Video: O’Donnell meltdown on Morning Joe

posted at 10:52 am on February 12, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Anyone who recalls Lawrence O’Donnell’s meltdown with John O’Neill over the latter’s opposition to John Kerry in 2004 won’t be surprised at O’Donnell’s inability to behave himself with Marc Thiessen on today’s Morning Joe. O’Donnell accuses Thiessen of personally conducting terrorism himself and wouldn’t stop shouting, until finally Joe Scarborough took the unusual step of stopping the segment and announcing that he would continue the interview … “by myself.” Weekly Standard captured O’Donnell’s unhinged rant:

Why is O’Donnell still appearing on MS-NBC after his unprofessional behavior in 2004, and his generally consistent unprofessional behavior? The same network that features its “news anchor” declaring pickup trucks as racist probably doesn’t have many standards to begin with. It looks like Scarborough, who openly criticized Keith Olbermann and got a corporate smackdown for it, has had about enough of it. And who could blame him?

Update: Story Balloon has more of the interview.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Why conservatives continue to show up on these shows is beyond me. They are all set ups, it’s like playing on the home teams floor every time. Everything is stacked against you, and you will have maybe 10 seconds to make your argument while your opponent has about 3 to 5 minutes dedicated to shouting you down!

If I’m going on a show, I want a chance to make my position clear, these are nothing more than carnival side shows to mock conservatives, stay away conservatives, you don’t help the cause by being on them!

Joe Pyne on February 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I’m sure the 8 people who watch this show were entertained and totally agreed with O’Donnell.

flytier on February 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Unhinged is an understatement. Loon.

Philly on February 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I honestly don’t know how I could be in the same room as O’Donnell and restrain myself from punching him in the head repeatedly.

packsoldier on February 12, 2010 at 10:52 PM

He should have simply said “this network is a joke. Buy my book. Goodbye.”

His sales would have tripled.

Black Adam on February 13, 2010 at 3:47 AM

Rattle off a bunch of names and facts…can’t argue those…so go into attack mode and go off on George Bush.

Hm. Haven’t seen that one before!

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 13, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Larry’s babbling is a telling example of the mind of a liberal. They like to hear themselves and no one else. They will ramble over anyone disagreeing with them, so the other side of an issue cannot be heard. It also is an example of their vanity, telling you they are superior to you and you have nothing important to say. Also, they will pull this on you when they are cornered or proven wrong.

Also, this tactic is perfectly acceptable for the PC community. But, try to use it on them and you are labeled a racist or any other derogatory label they desire.

MSGTAS on February 13, 2010 at 9:17 AM

packsoldier on February 12, 2010 at 10:52 PM

It wouldn’t do any good. Instead, you’d need to kick him in the ass because that’s where his brains are.

Thiessen smacked down ODonnell. The only point Thiessen missed making is that the only reason the Bush Admin was caught flat-footed on 9/11 was simply because it was still operating under the guidelines that Clinton minion Jamie Gorelick imposed on the intelligence & law enforcement communities, creating an impenetrable wall between the two groups. The right hand didn’t know what the left hand was doing and vice-versa. Thanks Clintons for yet another eff up.

CatchAll on February 13, 2010 at 5:26 PM

The left is completely unhinged.

CWforFreedom on February 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM

O’Donnell argues that the other guy is lying, but uses long dismissed points as his basis to prove it. Typical left wing silly nutjob moment.

If I hear one more time “This is just like Richard Reid” I’m gonna puke. Joe put it as best as it could be put, we didn’t know what to do then, we figured it out, saved lives and to go back to BEFORE we figured it out as a step forward is idiotic. Something O’Donnell either doesn’t get or is so corrupted he doesn’t care.

archer52 on February 13, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Back when O’Donnell went off about Romney’s “racist, demented” religion, how concerned was everyone?

My guess is if he had bashed Catholicis, you may have been more concerned, Ed. Or perhaps would have at least remembered just now. But then again, O’Dennell has had more meltdowns than one can count.

Dr B on February 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Not shown in the above clip, but later, as transcribed at Powerline:

“Marc, I’m wondering about your own personal experience with torture. I know you grew up in the richest zip code in America…And like all the torture-mongers in the Bush White House, the Cheney family included, you never served a day in the military. Never considered that. I’m wondering, with that background, what is it that gives you an expertise on torture? What makes you love it so much?”

*Sigh* Because people who never served in the military are not allowed to have opinions about military issues. O’Donnell, on the other hand, is a bona-fide expert on Afghanistan, Iraq, military tribunals, military interrogation techniques… So he must have served in the military.

Right?

entropent on February 14, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Hi back from vacay. When I get to post the pics on my blog you’d understand why in the world I did NOT wanna come back. I had a serious lack of Internet, and FOX News which is not broadcasted in PR, just the MSM. LAME!

Anyhoo, I am responding to this quote:

There can be no question that O\’Donnell is convinced that George W. Bush actively courted the 9/11 attacks for some nefarious purpose. He literally became unhinged. The fact that he so quickly reached that state of hysteria showed that he planned that reaction towards Thiessen before the segment. MSNBC, with that segment, mainstreamed trutherism. That network is a disgrace and Scarborough is part of the problem. As long as he hangs around as the token conservative he gives them cover.

walkingboss on February 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM

My official position on the 9/11 attacks being GWB’s responsibility is: Futile, pointless and contradicts completely the “stupid” Bush mantra being coined by liberals themselves.

So why is he so smart to pull this off, while being so blatantly stupid as a fact like they say? OOhhh I forgot! Blame Dick Cheney and Karl Rove by proxy.

ProudPalinFan on February 14, 2010 at 7:59 PM