Video: MS-NBC’s Brewer claims heavy snowfall proves global warming

posted at 3:07 pm on February 10, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Give credit to MS-NBC’s meteorologist, who does his best to play this one down the middle. When Contessa Brewer attempts to refute Senator Jim DeMint’s humorous Twitter entry that the snow would continue “until Al Gore cries uncle,” he gives both sides of the argument. Brewer insists that the heavy snowstorm that has frozen the mid-Atlantic region and shut down Washington DC in a deep freeze just shows that “more severe weather” proves AGW theory (via Greg Hengler):

It might prove it except that the world isn’t actually warming. The theory about creating more precipitation is one hypothesis in AGW, but it’s supposed to come down as rain because, well, the Earth is supposed to get warmer, not colder.  Seasoned skeptics will recall the dire warnings of  more violent hurricane and tornado seasons after 2005′s dual hits of Katrina and Rita, which have gone utterly unfulfilled.

Usually, though, the rebuttal to DeMint’s jibe would be that skeptics don’t understand the difference between climate and weather.  Funny, but that distinction seems to get lost among AGW hysterics when temperatures spike upwards in the summer, as they always do.

Update: Time tries to make the same argument.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Not sure what happened to my last closing tag above…I blame AGW.

ClassicCon on February 10, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I hear crickets.

NathanG on February 10, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Yeah, I know. I offered the same to Palin Steel and got the same result.

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Could you at least take on three or four of them? It’d still be a one sided fight but a lot more fun watching the virtual spluttering. Who knows they might start arguing amongst themselves and offer even more entertainment.

Oldnuke on February 10, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Maybe I should ask AP to do this. At least with him I can have a genuine discussion; AP has a brain and can state his own case.

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I like to think that it is the Global Cooling that is causing the warming…and I have made up a bunch of data to support this claim and my cat backs me up.

rgranger on February 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I’ll go with as many takers as are willing to come at me. It’s not about me being ‘right’, as libs see themselves.

It’s about the Constitution, as I want to challenge from the start.

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:25 PM

But they do make predictions! Remember after Katrina we were going to just going to continue with wave after wave of Bushitler inspired hurricanes.

Not sure how that prediction panned out, anyone want to refresh my memory?

ClassicCon on February 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM

It depends on what you mean by “after”! If there’s another Katrina-size hurricane 100 years from now, it’ll still be “global warming”, even though one of that size can be expected at least every 100 years.

These people are idiots and it’s damn lucky for them we live in a modern society or they’d have all died off from lack of any discernible useful skills. I have no idea how their ancestors managed to make themselves useful, actually. Their female ancestors were probably the whores in ancient temple religions, so at least they were good for a screw every now and again.

venividivici on February 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Wow you idiot libs really know your talking points don’t you? Except that I’ve stated to sasquatchman twice now that the average temperature for January of this year in St. Louis was in fact 8 degrees BELOW AVERAGE.

MobileVideoEngineer on February 10, 2010 at 4:53 PM

It’s not called “St. Louis Warming”. It’s called Global Warming. There’s a whole big world outside of St. Louis. And it was warmer in January than it has ever been on record.

orange on February 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I feel sooo lonely! I challenged libs to a debate on the Constitution and…~sniff, sniffle~…they’re ignoring me!

BOOHOO, poor wittle me!

/total mocking sarc at the Leftists who think themselves so great

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Does Brewer blame the Haiti earthquake on global warming, too? (Where do these blithering hyperidiots come from?)

BottomLine5 on February 10, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Don’t bother. These Whitopians are beyond reason.

Grow Fins on February 10, 2010 at 4:12 PM

“Whitopians” huh? Typical lib! Lie, smear, threaten, then lie some more! If you still don’t succeed, play the race card!

RMR on February 10, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Oh, no? Then why did we just have the warmest January ever on record?

orange on February 10, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I had no idea that the earths climate began in 1979….
…do you even read the sites you post ????

What a joke.

Baxter Greene on February 10, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Err, do you even read the sites you quote from?

I said “..why did we just have the warmest January ever on record?” (emphasis added)

You tried to refute me by posting this: “This is the warmest January in the 32-year satellite-based data record….” (emphasis added)

What did I saw that was inaccurate?

Try again.

orange on February 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM

BottomLine5 on February 10, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Danny Glover beat her to that.

Oldnuke on February 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Snowiest Winter for D.C. and Baltimore since 1899. Suck it Warmists.

Holger on February 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM

orange on February 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM

So you’re standing on 32 years of record keeping? Bless your heart.

thomasaur on February 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM

My electric bill gives monthly temperature averages, and it states that this is the coldest winter, so far, in the five years I have lived here, and the monthly charge backs up that claim.

DFCtomm on February 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:30 PM

You would lose…they have the ultimate argument…

right2bright on February 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM

You would lose…they have the ultimate argument…

right2bright on February 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I can’t lose if no one accepts my challenge. So far, after hours, no takers.

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Lay off Contessa. They’re newsreaders, not newsunderstanders.

misterpeasea on February 10, 2010 at 5:42 PM

It amazes me that the trolls on here can tell what race I am from by my handle.

kahall on February 10, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Dammit. I can’t call her the R Word.

Denverslim on February 10, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I can . She’s a retarded Dimwit.
But she’s a heck of a Newscaster lady. Huh ! !

Texyank on February 10, 2010 at 5:45 PM

DFCtomm on February 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM

So, like, your electric company is just a ‘denier’, right? And I bet making millions on the back of Third-World labor!

Tool! You need to vote Democrat to fix all that.

We have hope and change. All you need do is unlimber your wallet. You know–so Africans can have steak while you and your family of four shares a potato. And, no–you’re not allowed to cook it. Too much CO2 to do it.

Now, go be happy that you did a good thing for Obowmao. He’ll pray to himself for you.

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Now it should be clear why MSNBC has only 4 viewers.

rplat on February 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM

<blockquoteErr, do you even read the sites you quote from?

What did I saw that was inaccurate?

Try again.

orange on February 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Too funny that you regurgitate the same link posted by another warmer on page 1.

Problem here Orange is that it has been exposed time and time again that the scumbags that support this garbage falsify or manipulate data to their own ends.

ClassicCon on February 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM

rgranger on February 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I hearby declare I’ve peer reviewed your data via psychic communication and it’s totally sound.

Monica on February 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I can’t lose if no one accepts my challenge. So far, after hours, no takers.

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Exactly, they can’t lose if they don’t argue.
Liberals can’t lose if they don’t debate the points, or allow the other side to debate.
Thus the statement about health care, the Republicans never brought forward a bill in congress…simply because they were never allowed to get one out of committee.
Your academic exercise, your valid debate points are all wasted because of one simple statement.
“I won”

right2bright on February 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Don’t bother. These Whitopians are beyond reason.

Grow Fins on February 10, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I guess Grow Fins has scampered on back to Dicktopia.

Monica on February 10, 2010 at 5:52 PM

right2bright on February 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I know. So, I’m going to keep my challenge open, right to those trolls who devalue us. I’ll make offer every time I see one of them. Then we’ll all see just what they’re made of.

My biggest advantage over them is that I used to be liberal, just like them.

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Dicktopia.

Monica on February 10, 2010 at 5:52 PM

A small place…

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:53 PM

rgranger on February 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Monica on February 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Based on such sound science and an infallible peer review … I hereby grant you $50,000,000 taxpayer dollars to continue your fine research.

darwin on February 10, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Play on, fool.

Grow Fins on February 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Oh look, the token troll fool is looking in the mirror again…

lovingmyUSA on February 10, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I can’t lose if no one accepts my challenge. So far, after hours, no takers.

Liam on February 10, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Exactly, they can’t lose if they don’t argue.

right2bright on February 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Interesting that you bring that up. Just read a great takedown of NY Times Theatre Critic Frankie B*tch, and the author says something very similar…

If one had to read one columnist to appreciate the state of contemporary left-wing commentary, my nomination would be Frank Rich of the Sunday New York Times.

No well-known leftist columnist better exemplifies the worst aspects of today’s left. Virtually every piece is filled with anger, filled with ad hominem responses to arguments, filled with insults of opponents and at the same time devoid of intellectual arguments. A Frank Rich column is essentially a weekly tantrum meant to make his readers nod in agreement and reinforce their contempt for those who differ with them.

I offer this past Sunday’s column as an example.

The subject was the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy regarding gays in the military.

Not a single serious argument of proponents of DADT was cited, nor did Rich did offer a single argument on behalf of repealing it. Instead, the article was a smear of all supporters of that policy or of retaining the male-female definition of marriage. The article contains 71 sentences. Twelve sentences contained an insult. I suspect that Times readers who love his columns — this was listed as the second most e-mailed piece in the New York Times — are generally people who read Frank Rich so as to have their hatreds reinforced, not for cogent arguments.

The article’s title is, appropriately, an insult: “Smoke the Bigots Out of the Closet.”

It is commonplace for liberals and leftists to avoid refuting conservative arguments and just dismiss the conservative with one of seven epithets: “Racist,” “Bigoted,” “Sexist,” “Intolerant,” and the three phobias: “Homophobic,” Xenophobic,” “Islamaphobic.”

Such ad hominem dismissals of conservatives and their arguments testify to the shallowness of those using these terms, meaning, unfortunately, most mainstream commentators and spokesmen on the left. The fact is that epithets substitute for thought — and at the same time render it easy to write a left-wing column. It is the Frank Rich Formula: make believe the other side has no thoughtful argument, offer no argument of your own and debase your opponents.

link to the whole piece, well worth digesting. It gives an insight as to how these sad and pitiful people process information.

Money line at the end:

The truth is that it is Frank Rich who spews, fulminates, yaps and huffs. Every Sunday in the New York Times. His column is idea-free, but his readers want catharsis, not ideas.

Del Dolemonte on February 10, 2010 at 6:04 PM

DC snowfall amounts over time – consistent peaks at 7 year intervals.

The nice thing about the “climate change” argument (from the socialist point of view) is that the climate is always changing, so the population control folks can always say, “See, we were right, there it is!!”

dtestard on February 10, 2010 at 6:06 PM

It’s all a conspiracy by the Marxist/Intellectual/Liberal elites to take away our SUVs!!!!!! facilitate wealth redistribution.
Grow Fins on February 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM

FIFY

Harry S on February 10, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Is being intellectually illiterate a prerequisite to being on PMSNBC? Please don’t tell me this buffoon has a Harvard degree too.

volsense on February 10, 2010 at 6:27 PM

That is because true believers don’t understand that Climate is a statistical construct build from weather. So when they make that stupid statement you should laugh at them.

chemman on February 10, 2010 at 6:35 PM

choir boys in the church of AGW….

ted c on February 10, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Speaking of the weather I’ve seen more snow in the past 14 days than I saw all last winter here in North East Arizona. It’s snowing again right now. The prediction is 2 – 4 inches of the white stuff. I wonder if Gore is in the area.

chemman on February 10, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I blame Contessa lack of brain on AGW. . Nah, she just dumber than a box of rocks.

Gracelynn on February 10, 2010 at 6:42 PM

rgranger on February 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Monica on February 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM

darwin on February 10, 2010 at 5:54 PM

In the interest of being fiscally responsible, I insist that you follow the President’s lead and slash 0.05% off your entire budget.

You can toss a few remote weather station visits or something. You know in South Dakota, or Nebraska, or somewhere else no one wants to go.

You can blame Bush.

Lily on February 10, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Is there anyone here that still has any doubts that “liberalism is a mental disease”? If you disagree with Obama, it will aid and abet the terrorists. If your child is overweight, it is a matter of national security. And Bush was a fearmonger?

silvernana on February 10, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Speaking of Global Warming, The U.S. Senate hearing on Global Warming has been postponed due to the blizzard.

And the Utah legislature has just passed a resolution rejecting Global Warming.

Watch out for liberals. They went after Mormons for Prop 8. Now they’ll go after them for rejecting global warming!

Conservative Samizdat on February 10, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Let me explain science to all of you idiots: Science is when you have a theory and any evidence supports it!

gwelf on February 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Ed Bagley Jr. could not be reached for comment.

johnnybgood on February 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM

rgranger on February 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Monica on February 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM

darwin on February 10, 2010 at 5:54 PM

You can blame Bush.

Lily on February 10, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Excellent suggestion! Consider it done. Please delete all emails concerning this topic and finally … would you like to join us on our taxpayer funded junket to Copenhagen and Australia by way of St. Croix? We’re doing “research”. *wink, wink*

darwin on February 10, 2010 at 6:56 PM

“It’s an interesting point. Global warming skeptics love to say ‘Oh, it’s snowing, what happened to global warming?”

Yeah, and that’s nothing like when libtards love to say “Oh look, it’s not snowing. What happened to global cooling?”

JellyToast on February 10, 2010 at 6:57 PM

gwelf on February 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Thank God! A voice of reason!

darwin on February 10, 2010 at 6:57 PM

What did I saw that was inaccurate?

Try again.

orange on February 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM

So you are admitting that based on such records to give them any credence in this argument is silly? Right. You are an arse.

CWforFreedom on February 10, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Earlier today, MS-NBC and Time Magazine tried to argue that the massive amounts of snow hitting the mid-Atlantic region somehow proves anthropogenic global-warming (AGW) theory, but it wasn’t that long ago that Democrats in Congress blamed AGW for the relative lack of snowfall in the same region, as well as in Minnesota. Breitbart TV and Naked Emperor News plays a Greatest Hits compendium of quotes from 2005 through 2008 from Senate Democrats Barbara Boxer, Robert Byrd, Amy Klobuchar, and Jay Inslee explaining that the lack of snow was predicted by the AGW climate models and represented an emergency requiring immediate action by the federal government:
Which is it Grow Fins? Or is it both?

Moron…

Army Brat on February 10, 2010 at 6:59 PM

The earth has been warmer and it has been cooler than the last 100 years . The earth’s climate at one time was entirely tropical while at other times there were glaciers over parts of the U.S. Lefty whack jobs like orange and oakland are simply fear mongers.

CWforFreedom on February 10, 2010 at 7:00 PM

What did I saw that was inaccurate?

Try again.

orange on February 10, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Can you not read?????

you stated:

Oh, no? Then why did we just have the warmest January ever on record

orange on February 10, 2010 at 4:47 PM

There are temperature records that go back to the 1930′s at least genius.

So your claim of the “Coldest January on record” is bogus and stupid on it’s face.

This is concerning satellite data…..it is not the only climate data “on record”…

But I guess in your world,climate data researched and presented that is only a little over 30 years old is enough to make all of your bold and hilarious predictions of climate calamity unless we keep the cows from farting.

As del delmonte has stated…..going back to 1979 is no where near enough data to make any kind of pertinent conclusions regarding climate change.

I don’t have to “try” to show you are an idiot, you are doing a great job of that yourself…

Baxter Greene on February 10, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Which is it Grow Fins? Or is it both?

Army Brat on February 10, 2010 at 6:59 PM

It is both, anything, and everything. /

CWforFreedom on February 10, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Contessa…two words. Don Imus.

yoda on February 10, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Brewer must figure she is boxed in at MSNBC because I don’t know how many clips I have seen where she is just jumping the rails to take the liberal line. I did see a funny clip where she was aprt of a Palin pile-on and seemed to hesitate to join in. My recall is it was after a disasterous John Ziegler interview. I would put Norah O’Donnell in the same category of women who probably had a flexible career path but have destroyed it on the alter of liberalism. They can only be shills now.

Conan on February 10, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I guess this goes to show that if a statement (such as “Global warming is man-made and is going to kill us all if we don’t stop it.”) is self-referentially incoherent, all facts (no matter how contradictory) can be used to prove the statement.

Therefore, statements about increased snowfall can be used to prove the statement (Brewer’s), as can earlier statements regarding lack of snowfall (Byrd’s).

Doodad Pro on February 10, 2010 at 7:12 PM

The news people are such a joke. It reminds me of one of my favorite vids of all time.

CWforFreedom on February 10, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Which is it Grow Fins? Or is it both?

Army Brat on February 10, 2010 at 6:59 PM

I say neither. If it didn’t happen in the last year or isn’t on TV right now, I didn’t happen.

I’m going back to seaching for some climate studies that started up since Last Friday so I can find out if this has been the ‘COLDEST WEDNESDAY ON RECORD’!!!!

eleventy!!!111

BigWyo on February 10, 2010 at 7:17 PM

And MessNBC wonders why their viewership ratings are sucking?

ErinF on February 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Hilarious that people are persisting in their believe in this golden calf.

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 7:21 PM

*belief…

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 7:21 PM

record snowfalls are caused by record levels of moisture in the atmosphere. record levels of moisture in the atmosphere is caused by… you’d never guess: a warming climate.

sesquipedalian on February 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Dude, I noticed a major flaw in your reasoning. You say that the increased temperature raises the moisture level and that is why we have record levels of snow. Am I missing something? How does heat raising the temperature level cause snow? If I accept your logic, we would be having record levels of rain this winter, not snow.

Next . . . .

BigAlSouth on February 10, 2010 at 7:21 PM

darwin on February 10, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I would so love to join you, but I am already booked for Tahoe. They have some pesky high-altitude stations stubbornly skewing the data in a colderly manner in spite of our homogenizations. A simply MUST check situation. Due to the several feet of new powder, I am expecting this could take at least a couple of weeks. That is, unless conditions are not what we were lead to believe and we have to adjourn to Vale. The sacrifices we make for science, eh?

Emails? What emails?

Lily on February 10, 2010 at 7:25 PM

sesquipedalian on February 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Feedback runaway!!!!!

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Hot is cold.
Cold is hot.
The truth is a lie and the lie is the truth.
This is why when someone like Sarah Palin speaks, it sounds so good! Like a cool breeze or a refreshing drink to a dry throat. She simply speaks the truth, which, may not always be easy to hear, it is easy to understand.
The media and the Democrats are nothing but lies. They cannot tell the truth about much at all. Because, if they did, they would have to expose themselves as corrupt and their ideas as worthless to no one except themselves. So, they have to complicate, confuse, muddy and hide the simple truth and replace it with convoluted meaningless nonsense. “Global warming causes snow in winter.”
“The stimulus saved or created millions of jobs.”
“Terrorists acts are really just man made disasters.”
That is also why Sarah Palin, and other conservatives like her, are such a threat. They speak the simple truth clearly and precisely, wielding it effortlessly like an ax. Even Joseph Goebbels admitted truth is the mortal enemy of the lie:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

JellyToast on February 10, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Personally, I think the ‘Global Media’ will be our downfall.

These Global Warming clown will readily dismiss a record number of record low temperatures in one region, then turn around and tell us the yearly record high temperatures in another region are legitimate evidence of global warming.

As long as the media continues to focus on the extremes of the world, they will win.

There will always be extremes.

There will always be drought, flood, blizzards, record highs, and record lows.

cntrlfrk on February 10, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Ed Bagley Jr. could not be reached for comment.

johnnybgood on February 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM

I have him chained in the front yard shoveling snow;)

I’m willing to cut him some slack because he walks the walk, and doesn’t try to bully others into third world lifestyles from his limosine or jet. Manbearpig on the other hand…

Laura in Maryland on February 10, 2010 at 7:45 PM

FROZEN WASTELAND

mwdiver on February 10, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Loved it!!!!
This needs to go viral … I’m sending this to everyone I know.

What did Alinksy say about RIDICULE???

redridinghood on February 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Right. Alot of snow doesn’t refute evidence to the contrary. No snow at all would certainly help prove global warming. An average amount of snow would merely demonstrate the subtle and incremental nature of global warming. Indeed, the very concept of evidence against global warming is laughable, since it’s a political ideology, and not a scientific theory. That said, if we want to stem the release of hot gas into the atmosphere, gagging Contessa (if that is her real name) and most of her colleagues would be a nice start.

morganfrost on February 10, 2010 at 7:51 PM

NO BLOOD FOR TORO!

Bishop on February 10, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Swell. I just laugh-snorted a damn peanut up my nose!

CaptFlood on February 10, 2010 at 7:58 PM

FROZEN WASTELAND

mwdiver on February 10, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Me too!

JellyToast on February 10, 2010 at 8:06 PM

For the record, Greenland used to be green.

Suck on that Warmers.

uknowmorethanme on February 10, 2010 at 8:14 PM

These folks are like Baghdad Bob. They ignore the truth staring them in the face and keep on propagandizing. Ole Bob there practically had Abrams tanks rolling over his . . . uh . . . studio but still insisted they weren`t there.

What part of global warming do they not understand as part of their skewed world-view? The more they spout climate change the more I want to knock some teeth in. Climate change is just a scientific fact, both in the short term and the long term.

Now what will they do if the climate just stops changing completely. Like the winter in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe (Narnia Chronicles), with never a Christmas? Will non-climate change make these dummies happy? No, of course not. Nothing makes them happy and they want us miserable along with them.

Miserable is just good business for liberals.

Woe is me!

The climate is a changin` and the answer my friend is blowing in the wind if the wind blows in your area.

If it doesn`t blow, you may be experiencing climate stasis!

Lordy, lordy!!

Sherman1864 on February 10, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Liberals please die

Denniscat on February 10, 2010 at 8:29 PM

More evidence that one should read scientific publications to get good information on global warming. Folks like senators (like Byrd, Boxer, Demint), radio and TV talk show personalities (like Limbaugh), and people who pretend to be experts (Gore, Monckton) may have their opinions, but they are probably no better informed than most of us non-scientists.

oakland on February 10, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Laura in Maryland on February 10, 2010 at 7:45 PM

How does it feel to be Gored again? I got a couple of inches out here in Arizona but you all got smacked.

chemman on February 10, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Too funny you need to see this picture.

chemman on February 10, 2010 at 8:55 PM

chemman on February 10, 2010 at 8:55 PM

linky no workie

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 9:01 PM

chemman on February 10, 2010 at 8:55 PM

LOL! Too funny!

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 9:01 PM

“The global-average lower tropospheric temperature anomaly soared to +0.72 deg. C in January, 2010. This is the warmest January in the 32-year satellite-based data record….”

I would take this info with a grain of salt, a while back they complained the satellite data was reading too cold so they adjusted the data. Take it for what it is worth, not much

RonK on February 10, 2010 at 9:10 PM

It might prove it except that the world isn’t actually warming.

NASA-2009 2nd warmest year on record coming at the end of the WARMEST DECADE ON RECORD!

It’s WINTER TIME! It’s COLD! When it’s cold, rain falls as SNOW!

Look, I know I’m wasting my time. As with creationists, the cartoon version of science is much more useful than real science when propaganda is the objective.

chumpThreads on February 10, 2010 at 9:19 PM

chumpThreads on February 10, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Do you honestly believe that the planet’s climate is so easily modeled that we can accurately model the entire planet’s climate for the next several hundred years or so based on temperature data since 1880 (aka 2.89e-8% of the planet’s total age)? Never mind that these models do not account for volcanic and solar activity and the data has been proven to be “massaged” to fit their theories.

SG1_Conservative on February 10, 2010 at 9:29 PM

chumpThreads on February 10, 2010 at 9:19 PM

As with all ignorant liberals(redundant I know) the accusation is the confession.

You are a true believer™. Bless you and your golden calf.

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 9:33 PM

SG1_Conservative on February 10, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Look, I’m no scientist, and I’m pretty much an agnostic on this issue. But to point to major snow storms and gleefully proclaiim that climate change has been disproven is just plain wack! Doesn’t anyone understand how silly that is?

I’m willing to let the scientists do their work to figure out where things are headed. All I see here is ignorance of the creationist/6,000 year-old-earth variety.

chumpThreads on February 10, 2010 at 9:39 PM

You are a true believer™. Bless you and your golden calf.

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Oh, I forgot to tell you; you’re on “ignore”.

chumpThreads on February 10, 2010 at 9:41 PM

The anti-christian bigotry is coming thru loud and clear chump.

Check climateaudit if you are truly curious.

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Nevermind..I’m on ‘ignore’

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Somebody should ask these people what would disprove global warming, because at this point it seems that almost any weather pattern that isn’t balmy and calm can be cited as evidence for global warming.

Aitch748 on February 10, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Chump true or false

At one time there were glaciers in what we now know as the United States T of F

At one time the climate of the entire Earth was tropical T or F

The Earth’s Climate has been warmer and colder in its history than it has over the past 100 years T or F

psst all three are TRUE

CWforFreedom on February 10, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Why are ice ages named after states in the continental USA?

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Aitch748 on February 10, 2010 at 9:44 PM

But that’s just it “any weather pattern” is not proof of climate change one way or the other. Climate change is measured over much longer time frames.

Did you read the NASA link? It’s pretty interesting; and I don’t believe for a second that NASA is part of some leftist conspiracy to foist global warming on people.

chumpThreads on February 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Does that correspond to the relative flatness of the northern states?

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 9:50 PM

chumpThreads on February 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM

CWforFreedom on February 10, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Take the $$$$$$ factor out of GLOBAL WARMING and GLOBAL WARMING goes away … problem is you can’t … they are one in the same.

redridinghood on February 10, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Strange just north of Columbus Ohio there are large grooves in the Earth caused by Glaciers. Where are the Glaciers?

CWforFreedom on February 10, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Where are the Glaciers?

CWforFreedom on February 10, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Cotton Gin

daesleeper on February 10, 2010 at 9:54 PM

CWforFreedom on February 10, 2010 at 9:46 PM

And your point is…?

Were it not for Greenhouse gases like water vapor, carbon dioxide, etc, the earth would be an ice ball! However, too much greenhouse effect and you have Venus where the surface temperature is 900 degrees.

chumpThreads on February 10, 2010 at 9:55 PM

chumpThreads on February 10, 2010 at 9:39 PM

You don’t sound agnostic to me, and I haven’t seen anyone here tout creationism as an argument. I’m an engineer and I know from experience that the larger the system is the more difficult it is to model accurately. Not to mention that we only have a questionable theory (yes, many scientists do challenge AGW), and climate data for approximately 0.0000000289% of the planet’s existence. Furthermore, it is a proven fact that scientists with this theory have “massaged” data to fit their theories. Finally, politicians have consistently used AGW as a way to gain more control over our lives through where/when/what we drive, taxes on industrial products, the electricity we use, etc. I’m probably wasting my time here, but I’m kinda bored right now so what the heck!

SG1_Conservative on February 10, 2010 at 9:56 PM