Mary Teske, the general manager of Schubert & Hoey Outdoor Advertising reports, “The Bush Miss Me Yet? billboard was paid for by a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them. They wish to remain anonymous. They thought it was a fun way of getting out their message.”
Various people have stepped forward around the country to claim credit — the latest was a gentleman in upstate New York from what I can tell in his e-mail. But, it’s all local, folks.
I wouldn’t miss not having The One as president, but that doesn’t quite extend to missing Dubya. And no, that’s not because I’m a Chamberlain-esque RINO candy ass. Let me quote the boss at length:
President Bush put America on the proper war footing after 9/11 and deserves much credit for doing so, but he also:
1) joined with open-borders progressives McCain and Kennedy to try to force shamnesty down our throats;
2) massively expanded the federal role in education;
3) championed the Medicare prescription drug entitlement using phony math;
4) kowtowed to the jihadi-enabling Saudis;
5) stocked DHS with incompetents and cronies;
6) pushed Hillarycare for housing;
7) enabled turncoat Arlen Specter;
8. nominated crony Harriet Myers to the Supreme Court;
9) pre-socialized the economy for Obama by embracing TARP, the auto bailouts, the AIG bailout, and in his own words…
Follow the link for the full quote alluded to in number nine. Needless to say, mismanaging Iraq for the first three and a half years of the war also deserves a prominent place on the list. I think we’re going to have to poll this one.