Obama to GOP: Hey, let’s put aside “petty politics”

posted at 6:31 pm on February 9, 2010 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, a textbook example of how The One gets his lackeys to do his dirty work for him while styling himself as Mr. Reasonable in front of the cameras. Not only did his deputy NSA drop an op-ed on hawks this morning all but accusing them of treason for criticizing The One’s handling of terror interrogations (does that mean Arlen Specter’s a traitor too?), but this remonstrance from America’s new Dr. Phil came at the very same presser at which his official mouthpiece goofed lamely on Sarah Palin. I’m almost disappointed that he didn’t punctuate it with a “teabagger” reference. Best to leave that stuff to high-minded civic servants like Alan Grayson, I guess. Click the image to watch.

o-petty

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

godfather obama

notagool on February 9, 2010 at 7:57 PM

This guy has become a fooking cartoon.

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I would be remiss if I didn’t note that he does have the ears for it…

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Betty Grable Hugo Chavez eyes,

Howdy Doody ears.

Yoop on February 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I’m shocked, SHOCKED to find petty politics going on here!

The Ugly American on February 9, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Howdy Doody ears.

Yoop on February 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM

He he!

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2010 at 8:01 PM

The Republicans should go to the proposed meeting, but they shouldn’t say a word after the cameras go on.

Instead, they should have a computer loaded with video and audio clips of all the myriad variations on “f* you, we won” Obama has pronounced over the last year.

Whenever they hear another BOMFOG plea for “bipartisan support”, they should select an appropriate clip and play it back at maximum volume.

The technique is called “stone bucket”. When the other guy throws a stone, you say nothing and save it in the bucket. At the appropriate time you drop the whole bucket on his head.

Regards,Ric

warlocketx on February 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Constantly amazed at Mr. President’s hypocrisy. He is hands down the most divisive president ever.

scalleywag on February 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM

“He writes the worst English I have ever encountered. It reminds me of a string of wet sponges; it reminds me of tattered washing on the line; it reminds me of stale bean soup, of college yells, of dogs barking idiotically through endless nights. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish, and crawls insanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doodle. It is balder and dash.”

H.L. Mencken wrote that of the scandal-plagued Warren G. Harding, but doesn’t the critique seem custom-made for this liar we’re forced to listen to each day! My elderly fourth-grade teacher seemed to have a particular dislike for Harding; we studied all the presidents that year, but I remember spending a good week on the Tea Pot Dome Scandal. Of course we all came away agreeing with our (biased?) teacher that Harding was the mostcorruptandawfulesthumanever!! She is long since gone, but she couldn’t have imagined that 30 years after I learned what she taught me, a president, his administration, and his minions (the Democrats and MSM) would come along that make the Harding administration look like patron saints of purity and civility!!

Cornhusker on February 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM

This guy has become a fooking cartoon.

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I would be remiss if I didn’t note that he does have the ears for it…

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Betty Grable Hugo Chavez eyes,

Howdy Doody ears.

Yoop on February 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Sarjex, your services are needed.

♫♫ Yoop! There it is! ♫♫
♫♫ Yoop! There it is! ♫♫

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Obama to GOP: Hey, let’s put aside “petty politics”

What? Are you resigning?

Mojave Mark on February 9, 2010 at 8:21 PM

“petty politics” is redundant.

unclesmrgol on February 9, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Oy. Three more years of this…

Rational Thought on February 9, 2010 at 8:51 PM

“Let me make one thing perf

profitsbeard on February 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM

ectly clear… I am a transparent b.s. artist of the highest order.” -Barack Petty is My Middle Name Obama.

profitsbeard on February 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I just cannot find it in me to take anything Obama says seriously.
The GOP shouldn’t either.
We all know that for Democrats, any statement of “putting aside petty politics” to get along, means the Republicans must go along with the Democrats — never the other way around, even when the Republicans are in the majority… especially.
So, why should we?

ToddonCapeCod on February 9, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Cornhusker on February 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Good story.

rrpjr on February 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Best article on topic

Schadenfreude on February 9, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Great link….
Thanks for posting it.

Baxter Greene on February 9, 2010 at 10:15 PM

This is akin to Obama asking the GOP to join him and the Dems in gang raping the American people. To go along is just committing the same heinous crime. Criminals need to be stopped and not aided and abetted.

roninacreage on February 9, 2010 at 10:26 PM

So now they’re populists. What next? Liberals?

spmat on February 9, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Obama and his famed ‘inner circle’ of advisors have obviously done some serious reassessment of the national dialog over the past few days, probably especially noting the media spin surrounding Luce’s excellent article:

Obama’s surprisingly ‘unexpected’ hijacking of the press conference, and the new tone of his approach towards bipartisanship efforts at addressing the nation’s problems, are a major change in approach intended to send some kind of message. What, I’m not sure yet, but it will be the focus of some major buzz this coming week.

Look for the MSM to be just flooding the major media sources with new hope and change rhetoric about how this man-child president has learned from his mistakes and has matured so magnificently. About how he’s morphing into the leader he was destined to be and will be moving a more united country forward on America’s path to a new destiny. That sort of crud that the MSM is so good at spinning.

KendraWilder on February 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Translation: The GOP needs to stop resisting and do things the way I want them done. I will listen to good ideas as long as they agree with my agenda. I won. It’s time you realize that and get out of my way to sainthood.

Mallard T. Drake on February 10, 2010 at 4:01 AM

As President, he has given “petty” a bad name, and a downgraded image. When he says things this transparently political it’s hard not to think of him as an idiot, especially when our elite betters constantly inform us that he is above reproach for ill will.

Jaibones on February 10, 2010 at 8:50 AM

…and the fluffer media just picks up the pace.

SKYFOX on February 10, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Interesting, being that it comes from one of the pettiest politicians in our nations history.

oldleprechaun on February 10, 2010 at 9:10 AM

This fool talks about “endless campaigning inside the beltway,” and yet that’s ALL he’s done since he took office.

How can anyone believe a word of what he says. Just proves he has NO CLUE what it means to offer real “leadership.”

I’m so disgusted……