Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the week?

posted at 9:00 am on February 7, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Once again, it’s time to bow to the Obamateurism of the Week, and once again, we have a lot of easy answers for you, but a tough decision.  Unlike our allies in Spain, you didn’t have to read about it in the papers.  Just keep in mind that Obamateurisms have plagued Obamateurisms for, like, a year, or something.  If the choice becomes too painful, just call for a corpsman — but don’t call him a corpseman.

Previous 2010 “winners”:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“Corpse-man” is the worst mis-pronounciation by a liberal since John Kerry’s “Jenn-jis Khan.” Easy pick.

Sgt Steve on February 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I just thought of a fun media experiment. Someone asks George W. Bush to say corpseman in his next interview and watch the MSM do a whole day on it.

You know they`d do it.

ThePrez on February 7, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I didn’t want to,but I couldn’t resist corpse-man.Actually,I’m surprised he didn’t say corpse-person.Who knew that the Greatest Orator since Cicero doesn’t know how to read?

DDT on February 7, 2010 at 12:31 PM

You know they`d do it.

ThePrez on February 7, 2010 at 12:17 PM

The way the Dems are dredging up crap from Bush’s entire 8 years, I’d bet the msm’s would drag something like that on, for the next 20 years.

capejasmine on February 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM

This one was hard. The bow to the mayor of Tampa? That’s pretty amateur! How about the stupid comment on the Middle East? Pretty amateur. But looks like from the results we have a strong consensus on corpse men. Got my vote. Our Commander in Chief is one donut short of a dozen when it comes to the military. Or is it when it comes to just about anything! To make up for it, he lies.

Christian Conservative on February 7, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Tough choices all around. But I went with bowing to the mayor of Tampa. While the most important was probably dissing Spain and the most embarrassing was corpse-man (and getting the guys name wrong and mispronouncing the United States in a foreign language) for sheer stupidity it got to be the bow. Now that’s an Obamateurism. Who bows to mayors? Did he ever bow to the mayor of Chicago? What was this reputedly “smartest man in the universe” thinking?

Fred 2 on February 7, 2010 at 1:18 PM

They are all ‘good’ ones this week, but I went with corpse’s because it shows how ‘highly’ He thinks of those who defend America.

Enkidu on February 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Corpseman for sure. Even more telling was his pathetic bleating about how was he “expected to know?”…I’m becoming ever more skeptical of the constitutional law instructor. Let’s see the college transcripts. The man is a dolt.

indypat on February 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Why is everybody always pickin’ on me?”

thomasaur on February 7, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Charley Brown, that Charlie Brown! Now it will be stuck in my head for days.

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2010 at 1:45 PM

They are all really bad.

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Actually, these choices aren’t even funny any more. The corpsman thing is a result of shocking disinterest preparing for a speech as well as ignorance.

This is a trademark of Obama, just write as speech and I’ll orate. It really doesn’t work out well in the long run.

The Spain thing is the continuation of sloppy and undisciplined communication. And this has become another trademark of Obama’s.

The middle-east thing…his mouth talks faster than his brain can think. That is not funny.

The Tampa Mayor bow. WTF? But whatever it is, it is no longer funny.

r keller on February 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM

I’m pleased that “corpse-man” is leading this poll. The seeming fact that our Commander-in-Chief knows so little about our military is the real shocking revelation and should qualify it for the Obamateurism of the Year.

Pablo Snooze on February 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I’d believe that once would be a mistake. But three times? Our beloved Hyper-Intellectual POTUS really thinks corpsman is pronounced “corpse-man”

Nethicus on February 7, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Nethicus on February 7, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I don’t really think it was him. I agree with the theory put forth on here that some moronic staffer thought they would help Pres. Obama out by having his speech be presented phonetically.

Which means that the Nation’s Chief Executive is, for all intents and purposes, Ron Burgundy. He will read whatever is on that teleprompter. You stay classy, America?

Sgt Steve on February 7, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Corpse-brain or mayor-bow, wow what a choice. Corpse-brain wins! The bowing stupidity is old news now and was seen by few this time. The proof that Obama is just a rote reader of speeches prepared by others is telling.

Meremortal on February 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I wish he had had to say fo’c'sle!

My oh my.

Dhuka on February 7, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Meremortal

Ditto’s… Had to go with Corpse.
To think, while Katie and the rest of her progressive POS in the media were busy trying to make Sarah out to be stupid, they totally missed the real story. Obama is down right stupid, or as Rahm would say ” Fu***ng re***ded.

Keemo on February 7, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Almost went with #1 about the ME, but as our CIC and commander of our military he should have known how corpsman was pronounced. What do his ‘prompter loaders have to do, mayk shur evrything is fonetic on the screen? What a doofus.

Here’s a picture of the doofus having a beer, as many are going to be doing today while watching SB. Add at the bottom “and the beer isn’t very good, either!”

TeeDee on February 7, 2010 at 3:00 PM

To put it bluntly, if I was a terrorist, I’d pull a Tet on the US right now. It’s unlikely we’ll ever again have as ineffectual leadership. And in the vacuum created by his Nothingness, much mischief, or worse, can be done.
JiangxiDad on February 7, 2010

With 250 million guns in the hands of private citizens and those private citizens have purchased billions of round of ammunition over the last year, a nation wide “Tet” attack is highly unlikely.

It’s more likely Obama would just surrender under the threat of an attack.

DSchoen on February 7, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Barrack is the commander of all those f’ing retards Rahm was referring to.

Cybergeezer on February 7, 2010 at 4:15 PM

The Tampa Mayor bow. WTF? But whatever it is, it is no longer funny.

r keller on February 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM

In a way you are right, but laughing at the foibles of this feckless fool is an emotional release that can ease the pent up frustration and anger he fosters within us. You know the old saying “if I don’t laugh, I’ll cry”? In his case it’s “if I don’t laugh, I’ll go postal and start lobbing hand grenades into the local Democratic Party headquarters”.

Extrafishy on February 7, 2010 at 7:28 PM

This week’s Obamateurisms also illustrate why I think making predictions concerning next November’s election are more difficult than normal. This time, not only do we have to decide what the political fallout will be from all the errors and missteps that have already occurred but we have to guess at the fallout from all the unforced errors to come. And with this administration that’s simply impossible. It’s like trying to guess how bad the next Slick Willie scandal will be in the 1990s.

Fred 2 on February 8, 2010 at 3:34 AM