Video: O’Reilly vs. Jon Stewart on foreign policy, global warming, Palin

posted at 10:35 pm on February 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

The exciting conclusion to last night’s back-slapping session. Just two quick notes. One: That’s a cute point he makes about the progression (or non-progression) from Richard Reid to Abdulmutallab over the course of eight years, but what about Madrid, the London bombings, or even the NYC subway plot that was busted in September? He’s either awfully ill informed or awfully glib about the severity of the threat. Two: Laying aside his bizarre shrugging at nuclear proliferation among jihadist states, in which dimension of reality did he discover that Iran is reliably, conclusively, indubitably “self-preservationist”? Given the regime’s intent on maintaining its own power at all costs, including by murdering protesters, there’s no reason to think it wouldn’t do something rash if it felt that power slipping from its fingers. What does it have to lose by firing a missile at Israel under those circumstances?

Yeah, yeah, I know: He’s just a comedian. Never mind.

Comments

abobo on February 4, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I would like to see how civil Jon could stay face to face with Palin. I’d give him three minutes.

abobo on February 4, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Watched it live tonight. It was even more boring than last night’s segment.

Knucklehead on February 4, 2010 at 10:42 PM

It boggles my mind how Jon Stewart doesn’t care if Iran gets a nuclear weapon. Is he freaking insane?

terryannonline on February 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Yeah, yeah, I know: He’s just a comedian douchebag. Never mind.

That’s better.

Monica on February 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Jon Stewart

Lance Murdock on February 4, 2010 at 10:45 PM

he always uses comedy when hes wrong

blatantblue on February 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Oh and Jon only started mocking Hillary when Obama started leading in the Democratic primaries.

terryannonline on February 4, 2010 at 10:49 PM

When your logic gets destroyed you put the clown nose on.

BadgerHawk on February 4, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Jon’s point about Iran is way off, b/c they obviously wouldn’t launch a nuke from Iran. They’d give it to a terrorist, and have him carry out the attack.

And they’d do it in such a way that there wouldn’t be definitive proof of their involvement.

His self-preservation argument is dead-in-the-water.

And good point by AllahPundit on the progression of the terrorists attacks.

I’m frankly shocked we’re not attacked every day. I think that’s proof of God’s existence right there.

nickj116 on February 4, 2010 at 10:51 PM

His KSM plan was ….interesting. We couldn’t suggest that here.

ted c on February 4, 2010 at 10:52 PM

And he is where the young people get their “news”.

Mirimichi on February 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Why does Jon Stewart hate Israel? No really, can someone please explain that to me?

ornery_independent on February 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I gotta hand it to Jonny S–he’s funny, he’s creative, he skewers those that need it and he’s likable. I’ll only watch his clips though.

ted c on February 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Seriously, Allah, you have Stewart pegged better than anyone else. I’d love to see you debate him.

Pasalubong on February 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM

this is a guy who thought Truman should have been put on trial for war crimes for dropping the bomb

that said, he mopped the floor with O’Reilly. Bill is always awed by comedians — he can’t keep up with Miller, but tries to, and it’s pathetic.

John the Libertarian on February 4, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I was taken back by his cavalier attitude when it comes to Iran, and Israel. I don’t know why. I guess I should get it thru my head, that some don’t feel a comraderie towards our ally anymore. They chose liberal, over their heritage.

I understood when he said there was nothing he could do about it. Neither can I. But I wouldn’t forsake an ally over it either. And it’s easy to sit, and critize Bush, and Republicans, and such for their choices….and say you know what SHOULD be done. But would he be willing to take up arms, and put his money where his mouth is? Doubtful.

capejasmine on February 4, 2010 at 10:54 PM

ornery_independent on February 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I really don’t know the answer to that, but it seems to me, they made a choice to be liberal, and it’s obvious liberals don’t have the same loyalty to allies that others do? *shrugs*

capejasmine on February 4, 2010 at 10:56 PM

He can put that clown nose on and off faster than anyone…

d1carter on February 4, 2010 at 10:57 PM

BOR is an idiot

unseen on February 4, 2010 at 10:57 PM

The comedian excuse is old. This guy takes himself seriously and so do his viewers.

JCred on February 4, 2010 at 10:58 PM

The “SPEED” awards are on the “SPEED” channel right now…

… just in case anyone wanted to watch something interesting.

Seven Percent Solution on February 4, 2010 at 10:58 PM

John the Libertarian on February 4, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I don’t know if I would say Stewart “mopped the floor with O’Reilly.” At one point Stewart shrugged off a valid point by O’Reilly.

terryannonline on February 4, 2010 at 10:58 PM

ornery_independent on February 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM

he’s Jewish!? and I think (!), I may be wrong, but a lot of Jewish folk may have some self loathing thing going on that’s really difficult to understand. Jews are chronically known (see Bible) for continuously making poor decisions, over and over again and have served as an example for the rest of us for what not to do. Eventually, they will be restored to Israel and to God. see Jeremiah.

ted c on February 4, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Embolden the terrorists,um,like how more pissed off do
they need to be!!

canopfor on February 4, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Embolden the terrorists,um,like how more pissed off do
they need to be!!

canopfor on February 4, 2010 at 11:02 PM

tell ‘em it’s better to be pissed off…..than to be pissed on…

Positions.

ted c on February 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM

O’Reilly delivers on big time interviews…

mjbrooks3 on February 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM

ornery_independent on February 4, 2010 at 10:53 PM

capejasmine on February 4, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I’ve read the book “Why are Jews Liberal?” by Norman Podhoretz. It’s a very interesting read. It explains a lot.

I’ll quote Dennis Prager on this issue “For the left liberalism is their religion.”

terryannonline on February 4, 2010 at 11:05 PM

The “SPEED” awards are on the “SPEED” channel right now…

… just in case anyone wanted to watch something interesting.

Seven Percent Solution on February 4, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Seven Percent Solution: Sounds good,I’ll catch it later,
maybe some Barrett Jackson auctions
as well!!:)

canopfor on February 4, 2010 at 11:05 PM

tell ‘em it’s better to be pissed off…..than to be pissed on…

Positions.

ted c on February 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM

ted c: Good point,speaking of the pisser!!
——————————————-

canopfor on February 4, 2010 at 11:08 PM

John Stewart is a R-word.

Sorax on February 4, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Loofa brain, meet falafel head.

profitsbeard on February 4, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Smug,dismissive know-it-all.

princetrumpet on February 4, 2010 at 11:25 PM

O’reilly wants people to rate the interview I give it an “F”. In fairness, it probably deserves a “D” but Stewarts smug sarcasm and O’reilly’s sloppy attempts at humoring him just got to me personally.

If he doesn’t want to challenge Stewart on anything, that’s fine, at least get him to state where he stands on all the issues, remind him of potential conseqeunces to his stances and see how he responds. As stupid as the whole VEEP line of questioning was, I thought it had real potential to show Stewart as the raging liberal ideologue he is but O’reilly gave him too much room to squirm out of it if ever challenged in the future.

He supports rebuilding our energy infrastructure? The only follow up O’reilly had to this evasive and innocuous answer was “so you support Green energy”? What about Cap and Trade, how it failed in Europe and how it will cost individual households thousands of dollars and decrease our nation’s GDP? Anything?

Stewart also made a comment supporting Obama for bringing back government’s “regulatory mechanism” and used checking to see if lead is in our toys as an example for how good this is. What about the bank tax and how mayor Bloomberg said it could jeopardize the western world as the center of finance or how it could bring us back to failed depression era policies? LEAD IN TOYS are you kidding me? We’re on the verge of nationalizing our banks and shifting labor from the private sector to the public sector. Challenge him at least a bit on that O’reilly.

Then there is Iran. Man Stewart is a moron, lets just forget that Iran has shown aggression in the past and expressed interest in blowing Israel off the map, lets forget that the Jewish people who actually live in that region overwhelmingly oppose Obama’s policies and oppose a nuclear Iran; let us forget that for a moment as Stewart does and focus on his comment that “the problem isn’t the country that gets them, the problem is the weapon…”. This is typical liberal 18 year old undergraduate thinking, the type of people that advocated unilateral disarmament during the Cold War. There is nothing wrong with having this weapon because possessing it almost ensures that we will never be conquered by a foreign power. We may lose a war but they will never occupy us on own soil because we have the ultimate weapon to ward them off. Of course, I don’t expect the man who called Harry Truman a war criminal for using it to think all that deeply when it comes to end game scenarios. O’reilly could have challenged this misguided idealism of his, he also could have reminded him about the A.Q. Khan Network operating out of Pakistan, a country Stewart listed as seemingly harmless, which traded secrets with not just North Korea but Iran and Libya as well. There goes your whole theory about it “not being the country that is the problem” you hunched over twat. Allowing Iran to have nukes would be disastrous, especially in this age of terror (oh excusee, Stewart probably prefers the phrase “age of man made disasters”). It would be just like allowing leftist Central and South American countries to obtain nuclear weapons during the height of the Cold War when Sovietism was in fashion. O’reilly could have said SOMETHING about this. I’m not saying badger the guy, even though he has no problem doing this to people on his own show, but methodically pick him apart with your questioning so he has several more embarassing yet revealing “Harry Truman is a War Criminal” moments. This man is nothing without his writers and teleprompter to prop him up like the corpse in Weekend at Bernies.

Daemonocracy on February 4, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Stewart is right on nuclear proliferation, at least. It’s not a big deal if Iran gets nukes, since they are a tiny, feeble country.

The Dean on February 4, 2010 at 11:46 PM

he always uses comedy when hes wrong

blatantblue on February 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM

It was so annoying to watch, and even more infuriating to watch O’Reilly let him dodge.

4shoes on February 4, 2010 at 11:48 PM

The Dean on February 4, 2010 at 11:46 PM

YOU ARE SINGULARLY THE STUPIDEST M******F***** ON THE PLANET.

daesleeper on February 5, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Liberal Jews in America have forgotten.

Speakup on February 5, 2010 at 12:14 AM

terryannonline on February 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I’ve never agreed with you more.

Hawkins1701 on February 5, 2010 at 12:14 AM

terryannonline on February 4, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I was born and raised in a conservative reformed-Jewish family.
At the Hebrew school I attended in the fall of 1980, my family wasn’t considered to be ‘really’ Jewish because: my parents really didn’t look Jewish, we were lower-middle class, we lost very few relatives in the Shoah, and my parents not only voted for Reagan-they actively campaigned for him. I turned 10 less than two weeks before the election and yet adults felt the need to express this to me.
My father used to say that the problem with liberal Jews was that they had a “ghetto”(the European variety) mentality.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 5, 2010 at 12:23 AM

If Iran gets nukes we can at least be assured that it won’t keep them long but use them to kill as many people as possible in sacrifice to their god allah. After that, Iran will simply cease to exist as a nation/state. It will be reduced to a smoldering heap of sand, molten glass, and burned out hulks of cities.

I hope the citizens of Iran are on board for this self destruction.

Mojave Mark on February 5, 2010 at 12:26 AM

BOR is an idiot .

borntoraisehogs on February 5, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Does Stewart believe that a single Jew worldwide would be alive today if Hitler had successfully built atomic weapons before we did?

Speakup on February 5, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Speakup on February 5, 2010 at 12:32 AM

But if we don’t antagonize Germany, then Hitler never comes into power in the first place.

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Heh.

NathanG on February 5, 2010 at 12:45 AM

The late Representative Tom Lantos as a Jewish teenager in Budapest had been an ARMED runner/courier for Raoul Wallenberg. When he got elected to the House-this Holocaust survivor became one of Congress’s biggest gun-grabbers-never mind that if more Jews had been armed-more Jews would have survived!
Like my dad said: “ghetto mentality”.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 5, 2010 at 12:46 AM

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Don’t say ‘we’ Fckface. Wilson and the ‘progressive’ democrats own that mess.

daesleeper on February 5, 2010 at 12:47 AM

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Hey Herr Buchanan-is that you?!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 5, 2010 at 12:48 AM

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM

I guess in your little pea-brain Kennedy shouldn’t have “antagonized” Oswald. Ron White is right. You really can’t fix stupid.

hillbillyjim on February 5, 2010 at 12:49 AM

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Be a man, unzip and flop your Jew-hating corpus on the table. You are such a coward.

daesleeper on February 5, 2010 at 12:50 AM

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Yeah sure, like its Americas fault Hitler murdered six million Jews or better yet it was the Jews fault Hitler murdered six million Jews.

Shockingly ignorant.

Speakup on February 5, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Shockingly ignorant.

Speakup on February 5, 2010 at 12:53 AM
Oh come on-EVERYONE knows that it was Churchill’s fault that the Holocaust happened
Didn’t Pat send you the memo?
//sarc

annoyinglittletwerp on February 5, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Shockingly ignorant.

Speakup on February 5, 2010 at 12:53 AM

I’m not assigning fault, it’s just that Hitler was the man who seized the moment, while others like the US and Britain laid the groundwork for what happened.

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Forgive me if he has an AnninCA posting track record to suggest otherwise, but I had assumed that The Dean was being sarcastic…

RachDubya on February 5, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Oh, he posted right as I did. Nevermind then… though it says something when your opinion is stated so that it could be mistaken for parody.

RachDubya on February 5, 2010 at 1:03 AM

I think we can all agree that Stewart is a grade-A smug stereotype of a Manhattan liberal.

orfannkyl on February 5, 2010 at 1:04 AM

RachDubya on February 5, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Nope he is a true believer. The Dean hates The United States of America. We are the only true evil force in the world. All of the world’s ills are due to some act of ours.

He is a mentally deranged, jew hating, bigot ignoramus.

And a true coward of the highest degree for not being totally forthcoming about his intent and beliefs.

daesleeper on February 5, 2010 at 1:05 AM

daesleeper on February 5, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I’ve been completely forthcoming about my thoughts on the last 100 years of American foreign policy and the destruction it has caused.

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 1:10 AM

The self-preservation angle is ludicrous on the face of it. These are the same people whose single greatest goal is martyrdom and who are led by a zealot who is on record wishing to create the conditions necessary to facilitate the ascension of the 12th Imam and all the rest of that rot. Self-immolation is admired by these freaks, for crying out loud.

hillbillyjim on February 5, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Stewart is like a teenager who never grew up (well liberals in general are like that). His answers are stupid, shallow, ill-conceived. Pin him on a serious question he can’t answer, he’ll dodge or make a joke or go on the offensive.

The reason Iran is a greater threat than Pakistan presently (even though they already have nukes) is that Pakistan has not openly or repeatedly declared their intention to destroy Israel and America, while Iran has.

Pakistan as evil, corrupt and backwards as the country is, still values its own preservation so they’re less likely to use them or pass them onto terrorists (for now-but that can easily change if the “radicals” take over).

Iran also has stated they’re willing to “martyr” 10 million of their fellow muslims in a nuclear counter-attack by Israel if it results in the destruction of the Jewish state. Let’s also not forget the muslim refrain of “we love death more than the infidels (non-muslims) love life.”

The doctrine of M.A.D. (which worked with the Soviets-since while they were evil commies but were still sane and valued life), does not work on crazed religious psychopaths (muslims) who desire death and think they’ll go to heaven by killing as many of us before we kill them.

When they call America “the great satan” and Israel “the small satan”, they mean that literally. This is not just part of their theocratic mindset but state doctrine as well.

Pakistan will eventually have to be dealt with too-their nukes which were obtained illegally must be expropriated, but Iran is a much bigger priority right now.

Stewart completely missed the point, dismissing a few dozen terrorists as a non-threat. Well 9-11 was carried out by a handful of men and yet they killed 3,000 people and lead us into 2 wars. Imagine how much worse it would be if they had nukes Stewart and that is still a very real possibility. They clearly have a determination to destroy us, the more powerful the weapons at their disposal the happier they are.

The irony of our highly technological age is that it only takes a few people to kill millions. Nukes smuggled into US cities or an EMP pulse detonated above the continent will easily destroy the country. Once America has fallen, there is not much standing in the way of global Islamic conquest.

No muslim country should ever be allowed access to WMDs. Their entire religion (medieval death cult) is geared towards converting, subjugating or killing all of us and Islamifying the world. These religious Nazis have been successfully waging their jihad again non-muslims for 1400 years, they must be stopped.

thinkagain on February 5, 2010 at 1:12 AM

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 1:02 AM

No, Iran is exactly the same situation, appeasement of totalitarian regimes always ends the same.
Hitler was the product of the Neville Chamberlains of the world.

Speakup on February 5, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Is exactly correct, American liberal Jews have forgotten the price of peace at all cost.

Blaming Britain and America for Hitlers evil is the refusal of or the cowardice it takes to see it happen all over again.

Speakup on February 5, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I have come to the conclusion, after YEARS of watching O’Reiley, that now his show is basicly nothing but Masterbat1on.

All his guests are Old school beltway insiders, Fox news folks who have their own shows, or other Media types.

His show USED to be good… looking for FACTS, instead of venting his opinon…

Too bad…. he was once a Journalist… now? nothing but a media “whore” who talks more about himself, than the issues…

Sad really…

Romeo13 on February 5, 2010 at 1:18 AM

The part 2 didn’t live up to the hype. Like Allah said, he’s just a comedian. He doesn’t really know what he’s talking about.

He makes Miller look like a fast, sharp genius too.
His point about Palin and the two americas ya, that was Edwards, not Palin, Jonny.

It’s disturbing that millions of kids who can vote get their information from him.

and “the Dean”? Shudder.

B Man on February 5, 2010 at 2:23 AM

thinkagain on February 5, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Kudos for all your work and thought.

I think that your comment about a muslim country ever having WMDs is, well, c’mon. Pakistan is nearly muslim and ever is a long, long time.

Second Israel has what, 300 to 400 nukes? And a great military. Except that we keep fighting their wars for them, they can take care of themselves, thank you very much. And they will.

But to the cases here, Stewart is not gonna let some chance of nutty muslims vaporizing a large number of people interfere with his banking the hundreds of millions he wants to earn or having a good time with his show. Let Dick Cheny and you worry about that. The possibility of his dying is very remote and he knows it.

Last, this interview, and Jon are really about the ratings. You had two loveable (ok, marketable) personalities up there who go after viewers like a housewife killing ants. Gotta get them all!

And as for the content of the interview, well, one hand washes the other, doesn’t it?

The genius analysis here?

Romeo13 on February 5, 2010 at 1:18 AM

But did you have to use the m word? You are as puerile as Stewart! Just more perceptive.

IlikedAUH2O on February 5, 2010 at 4:29 AM

terryannonline on February 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM

It’s a given that a Leftie like Stewart is functionally insane, if not clinically.

Bizarro No. 1 on February 5, 2010 at 4:52 AM

“the problem isn’t the country, the problem is the weapon”

I thought he was slightly smarter than this.

windbags on February 5, 2010 at 6:40 AM

I thought that the interview was one of the poorer ones that Bill O’Reilly has done. O’Reilly did not press Stewart on Stewart’s lefty views but allowed Stewart to escape confrontation with humor, and worse, O’Reilly said some very stupid things.

For example, for O’Reilly to say basically that he was against the Iraq War too was STUPID. My older son, now a US Army Captain spent two tours of duty in Iraq (one as an infantry platoon leader), and we have accomplished something very good in the removal of a terrorist supporting, murderous thug in Saddam who once had WMDs but got rid of them and who was intent on having WMDs again to use, as he used nerve gas against the Kurds, and in creating the conditions for the Iraqi people to to elect their own democratic government operating under a democratically adopted written Constitution, which is a model for other Muslims in the area, including those Iranian dissidents we should be supporting. Our military performed brilliantly in Iraq, and that should always be said.

Phil Byler on February 5, 2010 at 6:42 AM

Oh I know somebody already said it, but can’t bear to read the comments. This is just more dumbing-down of America. It’s not like Kissinger was having a convo with Zhou. Sheeesh.

JiangxiDad on February 5, 2010 at 6:48 AM

terryannonline on February 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I bet he would freak if Fred Phelps could get a nuclear weapon. Unfortunately people like him refuse to see the similarity.

aikidoka on February 5, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Amazing how Nations that actually understand that there isn’t a coming of the 12th Imam and have an understanding that having people left requires not using WMDs for fear of retaliation actually don’t use them. The man is clueless about how end-time belief comes to see individuals as disposable or, like Aum Shin Rikyo, actually are willing to start killing to make things ‘easier’ for the end times when they arrive. There are disturbing parallels between the nihilistic end-time belief structure of the elite powers in Iran and the death cult Aum… save that Aum knew it needed good finances and industrial capacity to do its work and leveraged a successful chain of PC stores to do that while the Iranian regime is clueless and has been destroying its infrastructure from day 1.

Both, however, have this very bad view of those around them as being dispensible, even necessary to dispense with them, when the ‘right time’ arrives. Aum jumped the gun and nearly had the entire anthrax dispersion system correct, including aerosol dispersal and were stopped by having the wrong strain of anthrax. Iran, for all its asinine views on economics and infrastructure maintenance, is willing to actually get fully working systems, first. If they were competent we would be here talking. Depending on incompetence to stop them from getting capability that is well known, described and merely an engineering and materials processing project is not a great idea.

Stewart has a minor point on proliferation, but you don’t stop that by giving end-time believing regimes a big PASS on confrontation. I always thought liberals were worried about nihilistic end-timers… until I listen to them… and hear about how great that wonderful, end-time, utopian future will be. Don’t mind the body count on getting there. Then I see Aum all over, again.

ajacksonian on February 5, 2010 at 7:01 AM

Are our real adversaries wincing or laughing at the big American summit meeting? Perhaps they can follow-up with even more substantive discussion sometime later on the View.

JiangxiDad on February 5, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Saw the broadcast last night, also. Thought Stewart was lame, again. As so many others have said, when he is given a hard question, he either turns to comic schtick or uses shallow sophomoric arguments to deflect, and/or then answers a question that wasn’t asked. It reminded me of discussions I had with the more articulate VN war protestors back in the 1960′s. Their answers were always shallow and evasive, and they would always revert to their ‘talking points’ when pressed and repeat, repeat, repeat. Modern version: “Bush lied, People died” “It’s all our fault” etc. Stewart is an immature, intellectual lightweight.

JimP on February 5, 2010 at 7:11 AM

“the problem isn’t the country, the problem is the weapon”

I thought he was slightly smarter than this.

windbags on February 5, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Yeah. Thats like saying “Its not the person…its the gun”.
Lame.

Itchee Dryback on February 5, 2010 at 7:15 AM

He’s only glib because he’s so hardcore! Only bed-wedding conservative hawks are afraid of big bad terrorists.

Lehosh on February 5, 2010 at 7:17 AM

I think these two men are Great together!

bridgetown on February 5, 2010 at 7:25 AM

I had a facepalm moment there towards the end. Nice to see him grilled, tho. I have to catch the other two parts since I fell ill and couldn’t watch TV. Thanks Allah!

ProudPalinFan on February 5, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Speakup on February 5, 2010 at 12:32 AM

The Dean on February 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM

And who helped Gerrmany? Why none other than Prescott Bush.

See, it is all Bush’s fault after all.

angryed on February 5, 2010 at 7:36 AM

I love Jon Stewart – and I DO watch The Daily Show – he is an equal opportunity attacker – both the left and the right – and anyone who does not know that, does not watch his show. He’s a great comedian – why worry about his political views – he’s a comedian. I honestly find him more interesting then BOR – but I give O’Reilly credit for sitting across from a man with 10 times the wit of Bill himself. That’s proven every time he has Dennis Miller on – and cannot keep up with the wit of Miller.

I enjoyed the interview and I appreciate both men doing it.

jake-the-goose on February 5, 2010 at 7:38 AM

O’Reilly addressed him as ‘Jon’. How come O’Reilly didn’t address him as ‘Stewart’?

Because he addresses people by their last names to assert his dominance in the pecking order, and he didn’t dare do that with Stewart.

It’s annoying enough when he does it with men, but when he calls women by their last names it gets on my last nerve. It’s gratuitously disrespectful.

And then, to top it off, he calls Lamont Hill ‘Professor Hill’.

Otherwise, unlike many here, I generally like the show.

petefrt on February 5, 2010 at 7:39 AM

It’s a toss up as to which of these two entertainment industry personalities is more superficial. Stewart believes in global warming because he has no reason not to. (it’s apparently too much work to read the evidence against this theory). He says the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are bankrupting us, yet he supports Obama ans his runaway deficits which are in reality a war on the American economy.

O’Reilly gave up on Iraq when it got tough. He doesn’t remember why we went there and pretends he was against the war from the outset. He apparently would rather that Iraq be pursuing nuclear weapons. He is oblivious to the fact Iraq under Hussein would still be training and harboring terrorists. It’s painful that anyone as poorly informed as O’Reilly is viewed a conservative. He’s a publicity seeking squish,

Basilsbest on February 5, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Bill is mellowing with age, and he wants to be popular with the smart set.

johnboy on February 5, 2010 at 8:16 AM

A battle of wits between two unarmed opponents.

HonestConservative on February 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that Stewart looks pasty and unhealthy?

Disturb the Universe on February 5, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that Stewart looks pasty and unhealthy?

Disturb the Universe on February 5, 2010 at 9:11 AM

He’s Jewish.

Yuk Yuk

jake-the-goose on February 5, 2010 at 9:20 AM

John Leibowitz is a moron that isn’t funny.

ObamatheMessiah on February 5, 2010 at 9:21 AM

I think it was amazing that he admitted he mocked Hillary as much as Palin.

That is a truthful statement.

AnninCA on February 5, 2010 at 10:19 AM

My fave line John got off was over lighting the mennorah.

Funny.

AnninCA on February 5, 2010 at 10:20 AM

John the Libertarian on February 4, 2010 at 10:54 PM

i totally agree. Oreilly can’t stand for anyone else to get a laugh or be the center of attention. he’s a bold fresh slice of narcissim!

max1 on February 5, 2010 at 10:44 AM

ted c on February 4, 2010 at 11:00 PM

So Congress is Jewish??!?!?!?!

Badger40 on February 5, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that Stewart looks pasty and unhealthy?

Disturb the Universe on February 5, 2010 at 9:11 AM

He would fit rit in in North Dakota.
Everyone here looks pasty.

Badger40 on February 5, 2010 at 11:03 AM

ted c on February 4, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Good gravy, Ted.

AnninCA on February 5, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I will not watch Jon Stewart with Bill.
I will not watch him with Marc Lamont Hill.
I will not watch him then or now.
I will not watch him anyhow.
I will not watch him anymore.
I will not make his ratings soar!

DanaSmiles on February 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM

That’s a cute point he makes about [fill in issue that doesn't further the international socialist agenda].

That’s pretty much the sum total of Stewart’s nose-off shtick. Trivialize his opposition’s position till it’s humorous, then use the resulting joke to make his clap-bots feel clever about themselves.

spmat on February 5, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Yeah, yeah, I know: He’s just a comedian.

Only when it suits him.