Palin spokesman on Limbaugh’s “retard” joke: “Crude and demeaning”

posted at 5:58 pm on February 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

It’s on. A little.

I asked Palin spokesperson Meghan Stapleton for comment on Rush’s rant, and she emailed me this:

“Governor Palin believes crude and demeaning name calling at the expense of others is disrespectful.”

It hardly has the passion of her response to Rahm, and there’s no call for him to step down. But given Rush’s stature among conservatives, it’s pretty interesting that she went this far, denouncing his on-air rant as “crude and demeaning name-calling.”

His “on-air rant” was just an extended goof at Emanuel’s expense for describing lefty activists as “retarded,” but having chosen to pick this fight, I guess Sarahcuda can’t make exceptions for humor. This is the second prominent conservative her team has had to chastise in two days: An advisor to Rick Perry, whom she’s supporting, was upbraided in similar terms yesterday for using the word “retarded” on a conference call (it’s now become a minor issue in the Texas Republican primary). Ted Nugent, who’ll be playing at a Perry/Palin rally this weekend, has also been quoted using the term in interviews, so presumably he’s next. I wonder how much mileage Olby will get out of all this before the scoldings are finally done.

Audio of Rush’s “rant” below. You know we’re going to have to poll this one, don’t you?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8

Whatever slams you guys get from supporting this kind of talk?

You earn.

You are no better than Rahm.

AnninCA on February 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

The Bastard and Retard in the Palin house are not old enough to get offended yet. Why does she have to stick up for them now?

PrezHussein on February 5, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Kilgore–back again I see…no one else can do idiot like you…

lovingmyUSA on February 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM

AnninCA on February 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

fuck off concern troll. you have no stature to condemn anyone. you are an anonymous spambot with zero credibility on whatever subject you blather on about.

daesleeper on February 5, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I think that the MSM and the Shriver are just trying to make a lot of political hay with this. When I went to grade school there was a family that had 4 out of 5 children that were (mentally challenged). When I asked my parents about them I was told that that they were retarded and then was explained to about the condition. They were put in with the rest of us and were pushed through a couple of grades but eventually quit coming to school. This was a one room school house in the middle of SD so we were up close and personal with it. We used the word to describe the condition and not to demean anyone. I always felt bad for them that they couldn’t keep up with us and tried to treat them with as much respect as possible.

We as a society that has become to perversely PC. In my own opinion Rahm meant to use the word in a derogatory way and Rush was just illustrating a point about what he said. I say for Rush to stick to his guns just like when he was called a racist during the football thing. He even had a caller on his shoe the other day that had a special needs child and went out of his way to thank him for the things that he had done through the years for handicapped children. The leftys will use anything they can to try and tear Rush down but it always winds up blowing up in their face. You think that they would learn after a while, but what am I thinking these are (mentally challenged ) libs.

jistincase on February 5, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I’d like to see Rush give a bit more critical thought to the real problems at hand. He spends 100% of his showtime telling us what we already know about the evil, Constitution hating left.

Both he and Sarah Palin have done little to effect positive change within the GOP. Its still the same GOP that we had on 11/7/06 and 11/4/08. They’ve allowed themselves to be pulled into this cosmic vortex and are both rapidly becoming ineffective and irrelevant. Darvin Dowdy

Darvin Dowdy on February 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Her 15 minutes are so over and it’s embarrassing to watch her flounce around completely unaware of this fact I think.

happyfeet on February 5, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Allah got punked on this deal….(what’s new)

Listed to Rush today, and he said that while the filthy left kept trying to get Sarah (or Meg) to go after Rush…He name was NEVER mentioned by the ‘Cuda!

Typical hate filled deal by the left, and our fearless blogging buddy Allah bit hook line and sinker.

Good job Allah. Axelrod has your check ready!

gary4205 on February 5, 2010 at 9:22 PM

no.. actually Rush blatantly defied Sarah’s screechy orders that under no circumstances is a right-thinking American ever to use the r-word, and she should know cause she managed to make it to like the halfway mark of a governorship. I think her kind is called a cultural arbiter, which, she’s helping a lot I think.

happyfeet on February 5, 2010 at 9:32 PM

happyfeet on February 5, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Is your posting here for a postdoc or for cash money?

daesleeper on February 5, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Do ya’ll realize this thread is two days old and still getting activity?
Allah is a cyber genius, even if you don’t want to realize it.
LOLOLOL

Chewy the Lab on February 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I’m waiting for the federal offense for calling someone “DUMMY”. With the SPARKLING ONE in office right now, it won’t be long.
I hope I’ll be happy ashes by then.

Cybergeezer on February 5, 2010 at 10:37 PM

happyfeet on February 5, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Apparently you’re unaware of it too.

ddrintn on February 5, 2010 at 11:07 PM

To Allahpundit:

YOU NEED TO DOUBLE UP YOUR ATTACK TO SARAH PALIN.

MORE POSITIVE TO THE REPUB GUYS.

YOUR EFFORTS ARE VERY INEFFECTIVE.

MODERATES IN KANSAS ARE NOT YET CONVINCED THAT YOUR “SILLY” “IDIOTIC” WOMAN IS REALLY A “RETARD” LIKE YOUR ARTICLES IN THE 2 MONTHS ARE SAYING.

GOSH!

EVEN LIMBAUGH UNDERSTOOD WHAT STAPLETON HAD TO SAY AT POLITICO.

BUT ALLAHPUNDIT JUST COULDN’T!!!!!!!! WHAT A WASTE OF BANDWIDTH!

NO WONDER WHY OBAMA WILL HAVE A SECOND TERM WITH AN ARTICLE LIKE THIS!

TheAlamos on February 6, 2010 at 4:43 AM

AnninCA on February 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Add ‘flaming hypocrites’ to that list.

If you or I made a similar joke, we’d be flamed like crazy.

But if their golden boy on shout radio makes one? Free pass.

Dark-Star on February 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM

LOL…this thread has nearly 700 replies and who knows how many hits. You think they’re going to let that go for another thread on campaign finance or the budget?

ddrintn on February 5, 2010 at 5:16 PM

No I don’t. I said I wish they would, and that it’s annoying.

kg598301 on February 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Darvin Dowdy on February 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM

“Both he (Rush Limbaugh)and Sarah Palin have done little to effect positive change within the GOP…”

Let me use an analogy. If a lady continually rebuffs a suitor is it his fault that he could not persuade the lady to marry him?

technopeasant on February 6, 2010 at 12:13 PM