Obama: You can disagree with me without questioning my citizenship

posted at 4:10 pm on February 4, 2010 by Allahpundit

Exit question: Are there more Republican Birthers than there are Democratic Truthers? Hmmmm.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

He is seriously approaching his major meltdown.

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2010 at 4:13 PM

He is getting very close. One or two more good shoves and he should go over the edge. Let’s help. It should be loads of fun!

Jeckle on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Bwaaaaaaaaaa!

Or, how about…

- you can make an acceptance speech as you replace George Bush, without taking cheap shots at the retiring President while he’s on the dais;

- you can attempt a discussion about race without positioning yourself as a black victim of white racism;

Etc., etc., etc.

And what is this atheist prick doing holding a “prayer breakfast”, anyway?

Jaibones on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

There is no comparison between Birtherism and Trutherism. The former is questioning someone’s place of birth, the latter is accusing someone of murdering thousands.

Grayson on February 4, 2010 at 4:35 PM

No, they are actually almost identical with respect to the psychology and the lack of evidence in support. The idiots associated with one are very similar to the idiots associated with the other.

DaveS on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Perhaps Charles Krauthammer can offer him a few sessions on the couch to evaluate his personality issues ?

Sandybourne on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Right guy, right moment in time.

It’s going to have some good results, too, in spite of what some may think.

AnninCA on February 4, 2010 at 4:36 PM

No it won’t.

Del Dolemonte on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

OK, I’ll accept the citizenship if I can see those college and law school grades. I really wanna see what the most intellectual president evah is hiding about his academic performance.

Rational Thought on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, extreme self-involvement, and lack of empathy for others. Individuals with this disorder are usually arrogantly self-assured and confident. They expect to be noticed as superior

Rod on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Do we have a means to determine his mental stability and remove him?

Alden Pyle on February 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Would we be able to tell the difference?

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I don’t really care anymore that ObamAyres can’t or won’t prove he is a natural born citizen. It’s just part and parcel of his corrupt code of conduct.

What sticks in my craw is that it’s a constitutional requirement for the job — yet there’s no clear definition and no way to enforce it.

starboardhelm on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

You can disagree with me without questioning my citizenship

But you can’t disagree with him without being a RAAAAAAAACIST, though.

crazy_legs on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Still haven’t found the exit, eh?

Try the big red “X”, top right corner….that’s a left click…

BobMbx on February 4, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Stick to the topic.

AnninCA on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

DaveS on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Yes, Dear.

Del Dolemonte on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

That “brilliance” is a combination of true vision and real experience. He lacked the latter.

AnninCA on February 4, 2010 at 4:36 PM

The only “vision” he has is seeing how great he was supposed to be. The country has figured him out and he can keep on talking. No one is listening.

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Rational Thought on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

THIS is what people should be complaining about.

DaveS on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Anyone else wish to add to the list????

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on February 4, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I’m not joking at all about this, but I question why NO woman on this earth has had come forward saying she had relations with Barry (or any previous girlfriends for that matter) considering he’s become the most famous man on earth. You know, college, in the community organizing circles, the mountains of Pakistan? Nada. Weird, huh? The only clue we have to his sexuality is that guy they disappeared–Larry Sinclair.

RepubChica on February 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Life’s too short to waste it dealing with idiots.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I’m not convinced it’s possible to go through life without dealing with a ton of them, especially when it comes to politics.

Esthier on February 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I foresee the equivalent of trolls infiltrating Tea Parties and Town Halls carrying signs requesting to see the birth certificate. And they will be prominently shown on every news show and newspaper.

Cindy Munford on February 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM

The LaRouche nutters already show up with their signs. Groan.

batterup on February 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Stick to the topic.

AnninCA on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Julia Child is indignant, from the grave.

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM

If the economy doesn’t significantly improve, it won’t matter how many more Victim cards Barry tries to play. As Serpent-head Carville tried to teach the Dims: It’s the Economy, Stupid.

AZCoyote on February 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM

SHOW US THE REAL CERTIFICATE THERE BARRY!

RealMc on February 4, 2010 at 4:25 PM

He has.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Hey Mr. President,

Guess what? I can disagree with you and question whatever I want. See, I’m an American. See how that works?

An American Citizen

bridgetown on February 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

The thing about this is that I don’t think anyone is questioning his citizenship. By all likelihood he is a U.S. citizen. The question is whether he is a natural born or a naturalized citizen. The constitutional requirements are there for a reason. Ahnald (I know it’s Arnold, Arnold is my real name) is a U.S. citizen, but that doesn’t mean he can be president.

MobileVideoEngineer on February 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Jay Cost has a really good article today on he nature of partisanship.

It’s on RCP. Worth the read.

AnninCA on February 4, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I see you didn’t read this article again.

Knucklehead on February 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

No it won’t.

Del Dolemonte on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Here’s at least one – we won’t worry about PC in the next 100 years. Done. Too costly for out land.

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I think President Obama is really a robot. He’s the bionic man!

lol

bridgetown on February 4, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Sandybourne on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

ohh, sandy! that’s too delicious. A few hours on the couch with Dr. Krauthammer and we might just turn this guy around…good point.

ted c on February 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM

This just makes me want to pull my hair out. Pot, kettle, anyone? Who the hell is he to lecture anyone on civility? HIs policies are bad enough, but the ego and the condescension and the elitism is just too much.

changer1701 on February 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Obama: You can disagree with me without questioning my citizenship

What if the disagreement is about your citizenship….hmmm?

Similar Hitler saying:

“Hey, let’s put the Jew stuff aside and talk about the important things I want to do”

BobMbx on February 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Associated Press actually sued the Bush White House to force the release of his military records.

Double standard duly noted.

Del Dolemonte on February 4, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Yep.

Am I bitter over the way GWB was attacked time and again over a myriad of subjects from his service in TANG, to the Iraq war to Katrina and so on and so on? By the Dems and in the press? You betcha.

Did GWB ever use a Prayer Breakfast, of all events, to complain about these relentless assaults? Never. Did he use any platform to do so? No. Many of us wished he had but now it really makes Obama’s attitude look so much more disgusting.

KittyLowrey on February 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM

THIS is what people should be complaining about.

DaveS on February 4, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I’m not sure that’s something people can force either.

Esthier on February 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Cindy Munford on February 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I’d say it’s already in the works.

hillbillyjim on February 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

So oft in constitutional wars
The disputants, I ween
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean
And speculate about a mysterious Birth Certificate
Not one of them has ever been allowed to have seen!

ps: get well soon JT as you are needed to guid the guidless, to educate the educationless and to defeat the defeatless.

Cheshire Cat on February 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

He has.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Not to us. We’ve seen the Certificate of Live Birth, which is good enough for a Hawaiian to get a passport, but we haven’t see the original, not that I’m convinced it would change anything.

Esthier on February 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Oh, by the way: Allah’s link to the birther-truther Gadfly poll has 71% of American blacks as either Yes to Trutherism (50%!), or agnostically “Not Sure” (21%) if Bush blew up the towers.

71%

Three-fourths of a race are political hyper-victim nut cases. Is there anyone out there who thinks that they can explain this rationally?

Jaibones on February 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

This was a Prayer Breakfast yet Obama had to use it to campaign in his usual way, employing dishonesty and impugning the motives of others, at the same time decrying partisanship and so on.

It was disgraceful.

KittyLowrey on February 4, 2010 at 4:26 PM

I agree. Why was he talking about any of this? Why not talk about his personal faith? And where was “civility” when people berated and accused GWB of all sorts of crap? With Obama, it’s always about him. I hate to break it to you Mr. President, it isn’t always about you. And at a prayer breakfast there is someone above your paygrade, so maybe it was really all about Him?

Deanna on February 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Rush played a portion of Obama’s speech on his program this afternoon. Obama, the brightest person in the world, the president genius, the Harvard Law grad, was speaking about a fallen soldier and called him a …..

“corpseman”

Not corpsman (pronounced cor-man), but corpseman.

…. from the teleprompter, of course. And he said it twice.

Imagine if Quayle or Bush had said that.

fogw on February 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

AnninCA on February 4, 2010 at 4:36 PM

And just what was that vision?
A vision of taking money from those who earn it and giving it to those who vote Democrat?
A vision of driving the producers out of the country?
A vision of turning all of our major decisions over to govt because only then will utopia be formed?

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I would like to see his transcripts and a law review article. I am also curious why he has no dating or sexual history. I’ve got a pretty strong hunch that he won’t show his long term birth certificate because it says race: caucasian.

Haunches on February 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

And another thing. Does anyone ever hear anything about the “birthers” anywhere else but here? I wouldn’t know this issue even exists if it weren’t for AP posting about it all the time.

Jaibones on February 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

You know you’re a kenyan kook if……..during a prayer meeting you give shout outs to atheists, corpses and yourself

Ris4victory on February 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Nobody is going to impeach him even if it turns out there’s irrefutable proof that he’s a secret islamist Manchurian candidate. The issue only works to his party’s advantage.

entropent on February 4, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Cause ya know if he was not ever a citizen/born here/manchurian robot/Venuvian mind jacker then we’d still have to WAIT three years of his lobotomized “service” before we could get a thinking, breathing, human is that what your saying?
You are delusional. Impeach the fool. Sit on your butt and play the dhimmicrap game is fine for the gutless.
Would you live on your knees or die standing?

FREEDOM!

Blacksmith8 on February 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Is it me… but doesn’t the Hatefilled Left talk more about the BC than the right… I’ve yet to see a Republican pol bring it up…

I just want to know why he’s spent over one million dollars so far fighting the production of it… me thinks Soros has it or that rich Saudi Arabian who paid his Harvard tuition does…

CCRWM on February 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM

AP, I could be wrong but it seems to me that bringing this up at the National Prayer Breakfast is not exactly taking the high road.

Missy on February 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM

You can disagree with me without questioning my citizenship

Well no sh!t Sherlock, I do it all the time.

JusDreamin on February 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Hmmmm, a prayer breakfast, really? He hasn’t found a church, he threw his spiritual advisor under the bus, he didn’t celebrate Christmas, he called the US a muslim country. Really what is the point except to bash and lecture?

Haunches on February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Can we question his allegiance?
What about his loyalty ?

macncheez on February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

He has.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Mark,

What was offered was not a birth certificate, it is a record of live birth which can be printed any number of times at the push of a button.

A birth certificate is a unitary document (meaning there is only one in existence); it is the document that has the original signatures of the attending physicians and the embossed seal of the either the hospital or the county registrar.

Obama could not get his passport with the document we’ve all seen.

I’m not a birther. It’s no longer a question of “is he qualified” under the Constitution. The first hurdle now would be how to undo the results of a Presidential election.

BobMbx on February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Esthier on February 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

According to Hawaiian authorities, the paper copies were destroyed back when all of the records (for everyone, not just Barry) were converted to digital form. The COLB was created from the digital record. It’s as real as it gets. Those demanding more are just desperately grasping for a straw by which they hope they can undo the last election.

Can’t unring that bell.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

“corpseman”

Now that’s completely mortifying.

RepubChica on February 4, 2010 at 4:49 PM

71%

Jaibones on February 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Using ernesto’s standards, you have to add the “not sure” to the “yes” votes. Which gets us to 92% troothers.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Well no sh!t Sherlock, I do it all the time.

JusDreamin on February 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM

lol

bridgetown on February 4, 2010 at 4:50 PM

He has won’t.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

FIFY

Blacksmith8 on February 4, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Imagine if Quayle or Bush had said that.

fogw on February 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Wait for it….”The Marine Corpse”

The jarheads won’t take it lightly.

BobMbx on February 4, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Mark,

BobMbx on February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

It’s the only document that exists. Hawaii converted their records to digital format years ago. The singular copy that you are so worked up about is nothing more than a series of magnetic blips on a disk somewhere.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM

There is such a thing as free speech which allows people to question anything.

So maybe ZERO would like to avoid the issue completely by just providing some documents … instead of spending millions to defend against releasing documents.

I note that the lame-stream media demanded McCain do so and he did.

tarpon on February 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I thought the Hawaii Governor had said they had his long form one on record but just weren’t going to release it instead deciding to release the Certificate of Live Birth.

Esthier on February 4, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Has the Prezisadunce specified what are the things
we CAN question about him ?

macncheez on February 4, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Obama could not get his passport with the document we’ve all seen.

BobMbx on February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

That is a complete and utter falsehood. The document shown is certified by the state of Hawaii and is sufficient for all purposes, including getting a passport, as 10′s of thousands of Hawaiians have done.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM

1. I am surprised how well versed Obama is on the news/rumors/gossip about him on the internet – he sure doesn`t get this news/gossip or how widespread it is by watching the MSM.
(How many White House staffers are employed following conservative blogs and briefing Obama each day?)

2. Also surprised at how thin skinned Obama is and takes everything personally. Back to the “I, I, I” of the Obama administration.

3. Is this the start of the Obama campaign of “feel sorry for me, everyone is picking on me”?

4. People should use more humor to ridicule Obama and the Democrats – they could not take it.

albill on February 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Indeed. Troubling stuff, all this ridiculousness.

ernesto on February 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Here is copy of W’s last National Prayer Breakfast Speech.

Man. Have we traded down.

kingsjester on February 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM

“Civility is not a sign of weakness.”

Yeah, but your servility (to marxist and islamic dictators of the world) is a sign of your weakness, 0bama.

LegendHasIt on February 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM

FIFY

Blacksmith8 on February 4, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Turning a truth into a lie is fixing it?

Obama has produced the only document that he is legally required to produce.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I do not question his citizenship. I believe* he was born in the USA. However, if it is true that his father was legally married to his mother at the time of his birth (a big if, because bigamist marriages are legally void) then according to British law, he was a dual citizen a the time of his birth.

It is an open question of Constitutional Law (a topic I believe he is familiar with) whether a dual citizen at birth is a “natural born” citizen as that term is used in Article II. I would like a ruling on the merits of this question, rather than a chicken$hit avoidance of the issue on standing, justiciability or political question grounds.

The political currency that Obama gets with this issue comes from conservatives who poo poo it. If legitimate conservatives did not merely dismiss it as lunacy (maybe not accept it, but not denigrate it either), then Obama would need to address it and it would go away. As long as it acts as a wedge issue among conservatives, he will play the card. Those of you who doubt the issue (I count myself as one) should not immediately dismiss and ridicule the issue, but should rather say — whatever, I wouldn’t waste my time, but go ahead and test your theory and see where it leads you.

* I say “I believe”, because I do not “know”. None of us know where he was born. Even he could not competently testify as to where he was born. However, the weight of the evidence at the current time points to a US birth. Nevertheless, a valid BC only gives rise to prima facia evidence — a presumption of a birth in the USA. That presumption could be overcome by other compelling evidence. However, I have not yet seen any such compelling evidence. Then again, no one has been able to conduct discovery or issue subpoenas. So, who knows, maybe there is some compelling evidence out there yet to be discovered. Anything is possible.

You do not need to put on a tin foil hat to keep an open mind.

tommylotto on February 4, 2010 at 4:54 PM

And I thought the birther thing was dead….why is Obama bringing it back up????

I am still waiting to see his college grades, SAT and LSAT scores.

albill on February 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Sandybourne on February 4, 2010 at 4:37 PM

After drinking a potion of Saul Alinsky’s, Jeremiah Wright’s, Rahm Emanuel’s, David Axelrod’s, Bill Ayers’, Adolf Hitler’s, King George III, King Louis XVI and his own creation, Barack is being transformed into the cruel, remorseless, pathological, misanthropic, pyromaniac Herr Hussein, representing the hidden side of Obama’s dual nature brought to the fore. Barack has many friends and has a pleasing personality, but as Herr Hussein he is becoming more and more dictatorial, more and more scape goating, making ever longer enemies lists, encouraging demonization of political opponents and becoming ever more fascist like as time goes by as Herr Hussein grows in dominance. After taking this potion repetitively, he no longer needs to rely upon it to unleash his inner fascist demons.

Sigmund on February 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Can’t unring that bell.

MarkTheGreat on February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Even if you could, would they really want “President Biden??” Talk about out of the frying pan an into the fire!

liquidflorian on February 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

And I thought the birther thing was dead….why is Obama bringing it back up????

albill on February 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I’d rather watch what his other hand is doing

macncheez on February 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Obama could not get his passport with the document we’ve all seen.

BobMbx on February 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I’m not convinced that’s true:

*A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.

What requirement is missing?

Esthier on February 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

“corpseman”

…in a fashion reminiscent of Jenjis Kahn…

Lily on February 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM

When will the subsidies be available for the 24″ X 24″ photos of Chairman, errrr, uhhhh, President obaMao we will all be required to hang “just so” in our living rooms??

Ris4victory on February 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I am still waiting to see his college grades, SAT and LSAT scores.

albill on February 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Barry Soreto went to the very best colleges where he excelled in reeling and writhing, of course, to begin with and then the different branches of arithmetic: ambition, distraction, falsification and derision with additional courses in Karl Marx, Napoleon Bonaparte with washing – extra.

Cheshire Cat on February 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM

…As long as it acts as a wedge issue among conservatives, he will play the card. …

tommylotto on February 4, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Thread winner. Just see how the cannibalization is starting on this post.

RepubChica on February 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM

De Fuhrer has spoken.
How DARE we question him.
The purging of conservatives will begin in 1…

Badger40 on February 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM

…then Harry Reid can disagree with Bush without calling him “stupid.”

…then Code Pink can disagree with Bush without calling him a baby killer.

…then Dem Underground can disagree with Bush without calling him Bushilter.

29Victor on February 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

hmmm…..Barry are you trying to distract us with this tired old argument? What are you planning that you had to trot out this ridiculous talking point that only the fringe can’t let go of? Well I guess those of us who don’t fall for this rhetoric will wait to see what shenanigans come next, your move Barry..

train on February 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM

liquidflorian on February 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Exactly. Long live Obama. May he never have reason to step down during his term.

Esthier on February 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Cheshire Cat on February 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM

College is mostly 1/2 a joke. Only the other 1/2 is useful.
And affirmative action policies (though I have no idea if BO was accepted into any college based on that criteria)make it an even bigger joke.
Grades really don’t matter.
What matters is what you can accomplish.
Barry could have gotten straight A’s his whole life & it doesn’t detract from him being the biggest loser ever voted in as POTUS.
I know bcs a lot of my ‘straight A’ students can tell their butt from a hole in the ground, but they can excel academically.

Badger40 on February 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Obama: You can disagree with me without questioning my citizenshipposted at 4:10 pm on February 4, 2010 by Allahpundit
Share on Facebook | printer-friendly Via Breitbart, a lecture on civility from the leader of a party whose elder statesmen have lately started dropping “teabagger” references into their fundraising e-mails. It’s newsworthy as a rare example of The One addressing Birthers directly and as proof of how useful this dopey controversy is to him, letting him take the high road — during a speech about faith, no less — vis-a-vis opponents looking to discredit him by all available means. The citizenship line is delivered almost as an afterthought, but I doubt it was unscripted: Remember, Birtherism is part of the Dems’ midterm strategy, to frighten indies into believing that the GOP’s too fringe-y to be trusted with governance. Expect more in this vein from The One as November approaches, especially if the economic recovery is sluggish. In that case, nothing less than full Bambi victim mode will do.

BlowbackNote from Hot Air management: This section is for comments from Hot Air’s community of registered readers. Please don’t assume that Hot Air management agrees with or otherwise endorses any particular comment just because we let it stand. A reminder: Anyone who fails to comply with our terms of use may lose their posting privilege.

Comments
Comment pages: 1 2 Next »

Translation. Question my citizenship more! Do it! I wantyou todoitiwantyoutodoit.

fiatboomer on February 4, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Am I allowed to question his sanity?

Doughboy on February 4, 2010 at 4:13 PM

He is seriously approaching his major meltdown.

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2010 at 4:13 PM

it’s not about his citizenship… and he knows it… it’s about where he was born and whether both parents were U.S. citizens.

max1 on February 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Actually, we’re allowed to do both.

Darksean on February 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Most people are disagreeing with you without pushing the citizenship issue.

HOWEVER, since you brought it up, you could defuse the whole situation by telling Hawaii to release a copy of the vault version of your certificate. You won’t, though, because you want this as a club to use against people.

teke184 on February 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM

The man could teach an upper division class a on the straw man debate fallacy. Constitutional law, not so much.

jukin on February 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Well, in 2007, there were 61% who either thought Bush knew or weren’t sure, and Ernesto recently pulled up a poll that put Birthers (either don’t believe Obama was born here or aren’t sure) at just over 50%.

I’d guess the Truther stuff has died down now that their guy is in power, but otherwise, they look fairly identical to me.

Esthier on February 4, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Let us pray….

lawtwin on February 4, 2010 at 4:15 PM

With all due respect, Mr. President (which isn’t much), howzabout if I disagree with you AND question your citizenship? While I’m at it, I’ll question your judgment, your parentage, your intentions, and your patriotism. I’ll question any dang thing about you that crosses my mind, and I don’t want your haughty mug telling me not to.

That’s what I would say if I was in Congress, so I’m holding back.

BTW, you can join a fun community of conservatives on an open forum at: http://itsaboutfreedom.proboards.com/index.cgi

IronDioPriest on February 4, 2010 at 4:15 PM

SHUT UP and get out of my way.

I won.

jukin on February 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Actually, we’re allowed to do both.

Its a legitimate question of documentation. Why are we not allowed to know the REAL personal history of our president. The questions came from Obama’s own evasions and distortions about his past.

echosyst on February 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM

I question his grades. And his medical history.

ctmom on February 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM

So, Obama went to the National Prayer Breakfast to worship himself? The First Presidential Temper Tantrum (TM) is coming soon. It will be glorious.

kingsjester on February 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Birthers

Truthers

Spenders

Fight the spenders.

portlandon on February 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM

This windbag never says anything that doesn’t have a real purpose.

My guess…Iamamoron.com is that this is cutting close and he is readying his rebuttal……..There are hundreds of lawsuits concerning birth…long form

nondhimmie on February 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Something a Kenyan would say.

Apologetic California on February 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Actually I question his:
Citizenship
Sanity
Loyalty
Competence
Truthfulness
College/Law School Grades
Taste in clothes
Golf scores

Anyone else wish to add to the list????

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on February 4, 2010 at 4:18 PM

manhood

max1 on February 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

can’t tell their butt from a hole in the ground

Badger40 on February 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM

oops sorry guys i must’ve accidentally copied a whole slew of comments…

max1 on February 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Nice Barry, I almost forgot about unemployment, the dollar and taxes….almost.

RobCon on February 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Maybe O mentioned the birther thing to cue the MSM into some ‘investigative’ reports, which will translate by spin into a ‘widely-held’ belief on the part of Republicans (true and accurate figures aren’t necessary).

Or, for a twist, poll Dems about how many of them believe that Pubs accept the birther premise, and make that the focus. Either way, the MSM will play into O’s ‘pity me, pity me’ gambit in prep for November.

Liam on February 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM

He’s talking about this at a prayer breakfast????

About himself, again?

Does not prayer require humility?

publiuspen on February 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

train on February 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Yup. And it works, too, with birthers and others who are so highly partisan that they actually think this problem we face has something to do with college grades.

AnninCA on February 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM

College is mostly 1/2 a joke. Only the other 1/2 is useful.
Grades really don’t matter.
What matters is what you can accomplish.
I know bcs a lot of my ’straight A’ students can tell their butt from a hole in the ground, but they can excel academically.

Badger40 on February 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Bingo.

AnninCA on February 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM

liquidflorian on February 4, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Biden may be a walking gaffe master, imbecile and a crook, but at least HE (probably) doesn’t want to destroy America, as 0bama does.

Give me a dishonest fool over an intentional destroyer anytime.

LegendHasIt on February 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM

If Obama has a passport, doesn’t that mean he showed his birth certificate to someone already?

Speedwagon82 on February 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM

That’s a crock. He dodged the issue, totally, misrepresenting it as a question fo citizenship and not even bothering to address the idea of a Chief Executive with multiple citizenships. Of course, you make the same “mistakes” every time you write about this. I know why you do it. Why don’t you know why The Precedent does it?

He lied and put false words into his opoonents mouths. Is that “the high road”? Really? LOL. During a speech about faith, he bore false witness. Yep. Great strategery, there.

If that wasn’t unscripted, then this White House is more insane than anyone really wants to admit. I mean, come on. A “Constitutional scholar, Harvard grad” can’t figure out the simple issues surrounding Constitutional eligibility? Okay there, …

ROFLMAO! Most people think holding onto your birth certificate and every paper since high school and passports and all sorts of stuff (that you were happy to write about in your autobiographies of an inept never-was) is really pretty friggin’ weird, and that holding the White House demands more openness and honesty. Much, much more. The public doesn’t believe much about The Precedent, especially now that EVERYONE knows how much he loves to lie transparently, and they find the oddly selective secrecy to be highly suspicious.

neurosculptor on February 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM

His positions on abortion and homosexuality raises the only question. Will he come to faith?

longfeet on February 4, 2010 at 5:07 PM

dear leader really infuriates me to no end…the crap he gets away with….

cmsinaz on February 4, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I couldn’t care less if he was hatched in some parallel universe and transported here via a molecular degenerator/regenerator. The problem at hand is to ensure that this issue disappears and becomes irrelevant after the 2012 general elections.

rplat on February 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM

He literally turns his nose up. Pompus, arrogant, smug, self-absorbed, cry baby.
Bush had every reason to give a similar victimhood speech and never did.

RobCon on February 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM

If this is true, then shouldn’t the digital format be the same as the original long form document it was copied from, containing all the information that was contained in the original? I know when I make digital copies of my documents, they don’t magically morph into an edited version containing only part of the data.

If they made a digital copy of his long form birth certificate, they could easily print out a copy of it.

xblade on February 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Obama could stop people from questioning his citizenship by merely releasing his birth certificate.

ksm on February 4, 2010 at 5:09 PM

So if we no longer have access to any real proof of his birth cert. then how about his other records that he had sealed by executive order on January 21 2009. His very 1st real day in office? Why did he have them sealed and why can’t we see them? Obama went to school on a forigen student scollarship among other things do your own homework . Check it out for yourself.

Wake up people this was no accident.

As far as 911 truthers goes I ask you to go to AE911truth and get all of the data and then explain to me how there is not more to the story than 2 jets? 1,000 plus Arcithects and Engineers with nothing to gain signed on so far. Wake up folks! Again here is the link check it out for yourself.

It is hard to confront for sure but ignoring it will not change the facts.

Reality Checker on February 4, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Oh, Barry, there is no question in my mind.

I do question your sanity.

SouthernGent on February 4, 2010 at 5:10 PM

I’m not sure I really want to get into this but…

All the public has seen is a JPEG of his COLB posted on various media sites, presumably scanned from a hard copy.

I guess I’d feel better about it if a neutral party document expert examined the hard copy and verified it against Hawaii’s database. (Hawaii can’t be considered a neutral party from a legal standpoint, since they are custodians of the document.)

We would also need a ruling on the dual citizenship/natural born citizen issue, but we’re never going to get that.

Anyway, for now, it seems to be a dead issue except so far as it can be used by Obama to paint his opposition as fringe.

The fact that he chooses to do this at what is supposed to be an ecumenical, non-political event (the National Prayer Breakfast) is really shameful, however.

Missy on February 4, 2010 at 5:11 PM

proof of how useful this dopey controversy is to him

Thanks to our fellow Conservatives being too scared to demand he confront his dual citizenship claims and natural born citizenship. If we didn’t have this “friendly fire” from normally sane sources then this would be hurting him even more than it already has. And you can believe it or not, but it has hurt his credibility.

mrsmwp on February 4, 2010 at 5:11 PM

OT: This. Is. Good! Go. See it. Now!

newton on February 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Thanks! That was great. Dude playing Ben Franklin looked like Karl Rove!

mrsmwp on February 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM