The Profligate President

posted at 4:00 pm on February 2, 2010 by Karl

More than a year into his presidency, Barack Obama may be a little short on the Hopenchange, but he still has some Audacity in the tank. In announcing his $3.83 trillion budget, he placed much of the blame for America’s economic woes — and its debt — on the “decade of profligacy” that preceded his presidency.

Keith Hennessey, after disputing a few of the particulars, has whipped up a useful chart compating the deficits resulting from the “profligate” policies of the Pres. Bush with the deficits proposed by Pres. Obama:

Keith Hennessey Deficit Chart

As bad as that looks for Pres. Obama, it is worse when you consider that Hennessey assigns the overwhelming majority of the TARP spending and their deficit “blame” to Pres. Bush. Even granting Obama that, his smallest proposed deficit is roughly a third larger than the Bush average.

Incidentally, if I was a Democrat outside the Obama administration, I might start getting concerned over the thrust of Obama’s finger-pointing. Voters hearing it may end up concluding (rightly or wrongly) that the government did a better job restraining the growth of spending when we last had a Democrat for President… and a Republican Congress. Obama’s argument may stoke a desire for checks-and-balances, even gridlock. And if I was a Democrat, I would notice that Obama is not shy about throwing anyone under his bus, if he thinks he can get better traction for himself.

Comments

0 is a %^$%^$^^&(^&^*(&%%^$%%%%%%%%%%!!!!!!!!!!!

OmahaConservative on February 2, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Obama Economic Advisers Found in Jungle Cave Thinking World War II Not Ended http://optoons.blogspot.com/2010/02/obama-economic-advisers-found-in-jungle.html

Mervis Winter on February 2, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Obviously Keith Hennessey is using crayons now too, as evident by the graph he produced.

Must be hanging out with Rasmussen.

– Dem Talking Head

WashJeff on February 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM

“Hey Michelle….what does pro-fli-gate mean? Is that like one of them honky “code” words?”

BobMbx on February 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Keith Hennessey is an optimist

Sad but true.

This graph looks like a hate crime to me.

jukin on February 2, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Income $2.2 T
Deficit (overspent) $1.56 T

We are spending 70% more than we make!

faraway on February 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM

On Fox and Friends this morning they had a graphic referring to the President as;
OWE“bama.

How appropiate.

barnone on February 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Spelled it wrong it is CHUMP, not champ.

stephana on February 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I rob banks because thats where the money is.–Willie Sutton
I rob the nations wealth because thats where the money is–BHO

fourdeucer on February 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Heard about this on Rush – are these figures included in the handy dandy chart?:

Feb. 1 (Bloomberg) — President Barack Obama’s budget blueprint for the next fiscal year excludes the $6.3 trillion in liabilities of government-controlled Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and delays for a second time a decision on restructuring the mortgage-finance companies that were seized 17 months ago…

…White House budget director Peter Orszag delayed a decision on whether to bring the companies’ $1.6 trillion in corporate debt and $4.7 trillion mortgage obligations onto the federal budget. As the director of the Congressional Budget Office, Orszag criticized the Bush administration for keeping the 2008 rescue of the government-sponsored enterprises off budget.

Buy Danish on February 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM

He’s already thrown the Senate under the bus multiple times. First in that interview with Diane Sawyer and then repeatedly in the SOTU. Which is crazy when you consider that the Dems have a better shot at maintaining control there as opposed to the House.

Doughboy on February 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Obama lies….

and lies……and lies……..and lies…..and lies…

and lies……and lies……..and lies…..and lies…

and lies……and lies……..and lies…..and lies…

and lies……and lies……..and lies…..and lies…

and lies……and lies……..and lies…..and lies…

and lies……and lies……..and lies…..and lies…

and lies……and lies……..and lies…..and lies…

Baxter Greene on February 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM

And if I was a Democrat that hasn’t been paying attention for the last 22 months, I would notice that Obama is not shy about throwing anyone under his bus, if he thinks he can get better traction for himself.

FTFY

LibTired on February 2, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Income $2.2 T
Deficit (overspent) $1.56 T

We are spending 70% more than we make!

faraway on February 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM

How Progressive!!!!

Baxter Greene on February 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Someone needs to seriously explain to B.O. and Company that the “Blame Bush” line is now a lame excuse for what is amounting to sheer incomptence on the part of an administration that clearly does not know what the hell it is doing.

pilamaye on February 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

And it’s being done on purpose. Who will stop this maniac?

SouthernGent on February 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

If you “were” a Democrat, not if you “was” a Democrat.

Sorry.

DaydreamBeliever on February 2, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Here’s looking at you, champ slick.

MB4 on February 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM

What amazes me about that statement is, they don’t seem to care…do they? Maybe if they’re the one being thrown under the bus? How many will take the fall for this bum?

A tad off topic here, but that has to be the scariest pic of Obama I’ve seen so far. The face he’s making, is just soooooo…..I can’t even describe it, but it’s very unnerving to me.

capejasmine on February 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Income $2.2 T
Deficit (overspent) $1.56 T

We are spending 70% more than we make!

faraway on February 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM

“Let me be clear…..I’ve looked at the checkbook…and there’s plenty of checks left….we’ll be just fine”.

BobMbx on February 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Does this include the interest on the money that will be borrowed? Debt service alone has to be terrifying.

I’m moving to Canada Mexico Europe an deep sea bio-dome.

Bishop on February 2, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Sadly, the vast majority of people who get their news from the MSM will hear that the deficits are huge — and that they are “inherited.” Happily, fewer and fewer Americans are getting their news from the MSM, though many still are.

Rational Thought on February 2, 2010 at 4:16 PM

An interesting graph.
Now, let’s modify it, and take into account the spending of the Democrat-controlled Congress starting in 2007
Coincidentally, the lead story at MM is “Debt Deluge”, and shows just such a graph.
Modify Bush’s numbers accordingly, and his 2.7% looks more like 1.8%, maybe 2.0%.
But what one takes away, one must properly reassign: Obama (a Senator at the time) voted for most of this spending. It really belongs to him.
Add another 0.5% to Obama’s numbers.
Let’s give credit where credit is due.
Perhaps these numbers will scare enough people into voting later this year. Maybe we’ll get some competent leadership, or at least some competent representation this time.

Arbalest on February 2, 2010 at 4:16 PM

This douchebag is dreaming if he thinks he’s going to serve two terms.

NoLeftTurn on February 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM

pilamaye on February 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

That’s what’s truly scary. Do they know, as Southern Gent says, or do they really not know what the hell they’re doing? In either case….they’re treading in dangerous waters now, with our country.

capejasmine on February 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM

“…and miles to go before I sleep…”

AubieJon on February 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I’m moving to Canada Mexico Europe an deep sea bio-dome.

Bishop on February 2, 2010 at 4:16 PM

LOL. I may just find myself a cave, and burrow in for a few years. I’m not much of a camper, but I’d be willing to tough it out to avoid this mess coming down the pike.

capejasmine on February 2, 2010 at 4:18 PM

pilamaye on February 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

There’s no way he’s gonna stop playing the “Blame Bush” card. It’s all he’s got. That and lashing out at the GOP in general. I have to believe this “double down” strategy is being pushed by David Plouffe. He thinks because it worked in 2008 that they can go back to the well for 2010(and likely 2012).

Doughboy on February 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM

capejasmine on February 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM

He secretly believes he is actually Thulsa Doom, and keeps calling for young ladies in the gallery to jump. Its a little weird….

BobMbx on February 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM

One problem with including TARP in Bush’s total.
As originally written and signed by Bush, TARP was a loan, that was to be repaid. As such, it’s not a normal expenditure.
It wasn’t until after Obama took office that they mutated it into a straight, old fashioned, spending program.

As a spending item, and part of the deficit, most of TARP belongs to Obama, not Bush.

MarkTheGreat on February 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Does this chart include 2009 under Bush?
The Democrats held the budget back until after Bush was gone so that Barry could sign it.
Once again, he must take at least partial credit for 2009.

MarkTheGreat on February 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Obama’s budget assumes that Cap and Trade will pass and that it will bring in as much money as advertised, without killing the economy.

He also assumes that allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire will have no negative impacts on the economy.

Obama will be very, very, lucky if his numbers are ONLY this bad.

MarkTheGreat on February 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Here’s a handy OMB budget spreadsheet.

Deficits each year:
2008 -458,555
2009 -1,412,686
2010 -1,555,582
2011 -1,266,680
2012 -828,452

2009
2010
2011
2012

hawksruleva on February 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Once again, he must take at least partial credit for 2009.

MarkTheGreat on February 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Partial? Uh uh. He gets full credit for that one. He not only signed it into law, he voted for it as a senator.

W. had no say in that budget.

BobMbx on February 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails-I hope he fails

OmahaConservative on February 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Does this chart include 2009 under Bush?
Once again, he must take at least partial credit for 2009.

MarkTheGreat on February 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Obama takes credit for the spending saving the economy. When it comes time for deficit talks, he gives Bush the blame for the same spending.

Note also that TARP and sitmulus are rapidly evolving into a slush fund. Democrats are exploring all sorts of “creative” ways of using that money. And the banks are being punished for taking TARP, even if they’ve repaid it with interest and even if they never asked for it.

hawksruleva on February 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM

hawksruleva on February 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Any prediction of when the big banks (all of them) move off-shore? Where will they go? Ireland? Dubai? Beijing?

BobMbx on February 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM

O look, a tax and spend democrat…WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED BEFORE THE ELECTION?

daesleeper on February 2, 2010 at 4:31 PM

“Do this chart make my ass look big?”

Akzed on February 2, 2010 at 4:31 PM

This jerk was in NH today speaking to a room of automotrons and I had the television muted off in my office… so I decided to turn it on for a few seconds and all I heard the idiot say was “Clinton Surplus – Bush gave me record deficits” and that was all I could take — all within about 8 seconds. What an a-hole.

D2Boston on February 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Doughboy on February 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM

The Double Down Strategy is pure Stalin/Kruschev/Breshnev. “It doesn’t matter if our economic model is ridiculous, we’re sticking with it.”

Akzed on February 2, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Smoke and mirrors, allowing for a great deal of hidden agenda.

Speakup on February 2, 2010 at 4:36 PM

OT: Who took Michelle’s $300k job at the hospital, hhmmmmmmmmm?

Akzed on February 2, 2010 at 4:36 PM

You know…

The more I learn about Obowma and where he wants to take this country, the less sleep I am getting.

Seven Percent Solution on February 2, 2010 at 4:36 PM

capejasmine on February 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM

My mentor once warned, “An evil person WILL show you who he is. Our problem is we don’t believe what we see.”

itsacookbook on February 2, 2010 at 4:38 PM

OK, let’s flash back a decade and a half, or so.

In one of Clenis’s SOTU addresses (had to be before the Republican revolution), he proposed a bunch of new spending programs. Some pundits afterwards did the math, and the total came to about $4 trillion. They all laughed (even the lefties) and said he was out of his mind. Then, along came a Republican-controlled congress, and a few years later, a two-term Republican President. They brought us tax cuts and spending cuts (although the levels of spending were still astronomical)

Fast forward back to 2010. President Zero and the Democratic controlled congress expectorate a nearly $4 billion budget. And the idiot blames the debt on past “decade of profligacy”.

Just another example of the cognitive dissonance, or just plain insanity of this administration.

UltimateBob on February 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Obama’s plan:

1. Blame Bush
2. Increase spending 25%
3. Blame Bush
4. Terrorist Bomber gets through security system.
5. Blame Bush
6. Double dip recession
7. Blame Bush

jukin on February 2, 2010 at 4:41 PM

“Shovel Ready Jobs”! Remember these?
The only job forthcoming to show shovel readiness, to date, is Obama’s; Digging a hole big enough for him and his minions to fit into; And taking the U.S. Economy with him.

Cybergeezer on February 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM

hawksruleva on February 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM

The whole dam# thing has been nothing but a huge ripoff of the American taxpayer to save the butts of corrupt government and banking officials:

Watchdog: Bank Bailouts Created More Risk in System

Updated January 31, 2010
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

The problems that led to the last financial crisis have not yet been addressed, and in some cases have grown worse, says Neil Barofsky, the special inspector general for the trouble asset relief program, or TARP. The quarterly report to Congress was released Sunday.

The government’s bailout of financial institutions deemed “too big to fail” has created a risk that the United States could face a worse fiscal meltdown in the future, an independent watchdog assigned to review the program told Congress on Sunday.

Many,Many,Many of us yelled and screamed that this would not solve the problem but only make it worse.

We knew this money was going to do nothing but cover the a$$es of elitist that gambled our economic futures into the ground.

This is why they are not keeping track of it either:

It’s official. TARP is just theft.
Fabius Maximus @ 12:01 am

These reports about the TARP must be read to be believed.  Since you are reading this on a screen, I have highlighted in red where you would scrawl WTF! on printed material.  This is best read somewhere you can scream without attracting undue attention.

Nothing but outright theft.

This is much worse than someone breaking into my home to steal….I would shoot them where they stood.

We have been demonized as “right wing militants” and “un-American” for calling out the thieves on the Hill for doing this.

Well it is not going to work.

November is the beginning of payback for this generational theft and the arrogance to call it “saving our economy”.

Baxter Greene on February 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM

“Do this chart make my ass look big?”

Akzed on February 2, 2010 at 4:31 PM

“Comment of the Day”

Cybergeezer on February 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Is it time for the HA “Obamalie of the…day, week, month? (I’m not expecting many slow ruse days).

Barnestormer on February 2, 2010 at 4:47 PM

This nut is living in a delusional world. He is simply CLUELESS!!

rjoco1 on February 2, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Excellent discussions on the evolution of our economy with two Senior Fellows from The Hoover Institute, at National Review Online:
1 of 5: http://tv.nationalreview.com/uncommonknowledge/post/?q=OWNmMDkyNzc2OTgyMmE3NmVlNzkzMDE1ZDZiMjM2ZTk=
2 of 5: http://tv.nationalreview.com/uncommonknowledge/post/?q=MTQ1MzhjZmFhMzNjNjY1YWQyZjk1NDA4ZWNkNTNjNGM=

Cybergeezer on February 2, 2010 at 4:53 PM

OmahaConservative on February 2, 2010 at 4:03 PM

+infinity

with you there oc

cmsinaz on February 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Wait for the political pile up
Illegal immigrants
(why are we spending on them)
Middle class tax hikes
(you said this was off the table)
Illegal use of TARP funds
(only Congress can allocate money)
Obama, the “man who would be king”.

elclynn on February 2, 2010 at 4:57 PM

pilamaye on February 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

as long as they keep spouting it and the msm keeps airing it as gospel, this will never go away…people who ONLY get their news via the msm will keep believing it…

cmsinaz on February 2, 2010 at 4:59 PM

BobMbx on February 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM

It’s a five dollar word for “spending too much”.

A definition is here.

Chaz706 on February 2, 2010 at 5:02 PM

We just need to have more babies tax slaves, and offer their life’s income up to the government.

RBMN on February 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM

This is 2010. President Bush left office at the end of 2008. As soon as he left, the “profligate president” and his merry little bandits started emptying the coffers and taking over businesses and trying to own the citizens by trapping them in a socialized health care system. His arrogance has pissed off our allies, his incompetence has left us vulnerable to another terrorist attack, and now he wants to increase the deficit even more. Could there be a worse president? No. He’s unprecedented, all right.

scalleywag on February 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Oh, and did I mention that he lies?

scalleywag on February 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM

OT: Who took Michelle’s $300k job at the hospital, hhmmmmmmmmm?

Akzed on February 2, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Maybe this is a rhetorical question but IIRC, no one did. It was created for her and they quietly decided they didn’t need the position after she left.

Ah. Yep. Here you go.

inviolet on February 2, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Another linky – position was created for Michelle Obama and eliminated after she left.

These people are thugs. Greedy, thieving, hypocritical bullies.

inviolet on February 2, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Okay, here’s a theory: The transnationalists want to motivate some of our best and brightest to pick up and move, taking their wealth and brains with them to some emerging economy (or third world country). They want the American entrepreneurial spirit to penetrate the rest of the world and pushing the producers out is their answer.

polmom on February 2, 2010 at 5:15 PM

So Obama is now the Morality Police.

You shouldn’t buy that TV. You shouldn’t go out to eat so much. You shouldn’t go to Las Vegas. You shouldn’t, you shouldn’t.

You should pay more taxes. (There is a dead beat Dad, who has 6 kids with four different mothers, and won’t pay child support and can’t hold down a job, because he is out with his peeps all night getting liquored up.) Those kids need food.

PappaMac on February 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Death spiral.

Wanderlust on February 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM

And it’s being done on purpose. Who will stop this maniac?

SouthernGent on February 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I wonder how long the founding fathers sat around asking themselves who would stop the British.

pannw on February 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM

OmahaConservative on February 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM

“to infinity and beyond”

huskerdiva on February 2, 2010 at 5:30 PM

MB4

Americans must lobby Congress to demand the end of the PC Karzai 12 Rules of Engagement. It isn’t as if our enlisted troops can fight the PC red tape that the Washingtonian Brass have permitted the president to chain down our troops.

You might want to watch C-SPAN tonight @ 7:30.

House Republican Conference Secretary John Carter and fellow House Members will address the politically-correct scrubbing of the Department of Defense Report on the Fort Hood Shootings tonight on the floor of the House, after the 52-page DOD report was found to never mention “radical Islam” even once.

The hour-long series of remarks will be broadcast live on C-SPAN beginning at an estimated 7:30 p.m. EST. (Available live online at http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx.) The special orders speeches will be uploaded for replay on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/RepJohnCarter, prior to a condensed version being provided Wednesday.

“The report flagrantly fails to admit the nature of the attack we suffered at Fort Hood,” says Carter. “And that failure bore immediate fruit on Christmas Day when we failed again to head off a planned attack by the same radical Islamic terror network, this time on a U.S. airliner. We even had similar forewarnings as with Major Nidal Hasan, which we ignored again. Had it not been for the misfiring of the terrorist’s bomb we would be mourning hundreds more today.”

The former Texas judge wrote Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates last week that he was “deeply disappointed” that the DOD report on the attack “not only ignored the clear radical Islamic facet of the incident,” but also failed to designate the attack as either an international terrorist attack or an act of combat by an enemy of the United States. Either designation by the Secretary would make all casualties of the action eligible for combat-related benefits and awards, including the Purple Heart.

Rep. John Carter, (R-TX) Co-Chairman of the House Army Caucus, has introduced two bills dealing with the Fort Hood attack. The Military Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act, HR 4267, protects service members from politically-correct disciplinary action for reporting or taking protective steps against radical Islamic threats. The Fort Hood Families Benefits Protection Act, HR 4088, would by law award both military and civilian casualties of the Fort Hood attack combatant status to ensure full benefits and eligibility for the Purple Heart and the civilian award equivalent.

maverick muse on February 2, 2010 at 5:32 PM

As for the photo, he is beginning to resemble Goebels(sp.). The Hitler salute is icing on the cake.

Be afraid, very afraid!

FOWG1 on February 2, 2010 at 5:35 PM

pannw on February 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I’ve been wondering the same thing lately. I have a story posted on my wall title, “Price of Freedom, 56 Men Who Signed”.

Those Men had balls of steel.

PappaMac on February 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM

MB4 on February 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM

From the 1942 MCB133 (Navy Seabee) cruise book :

We the unwilling
Led by the unknowing
For the ungrateful
have done so much
with so little
for so long

We are now qualified
to do anything with nothing forever

racecar05 on February 2, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Yet another honorable man from Texas.

Hey Texans? Is it wrong to envy some of your politicians?

Chaz706 on February 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM

No call to envy, Chaz. Rather, ally.

maverick muse on February 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM

No call to envy, Chaz. Rather, ally.

maverick muse on February 2, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Well spoken.

Chaz706 on February 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Does this chart include 2009 under Bush?
Once again, he must take at least partial credit for 2009.

MarkTheGreat on February 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Most appropriations bills were not passed by Congress last year. The weasels opted for continuing resolutions. How much over / under Big O’s proposed budget were these?

ya2daup on February 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM

huskerdiva on February 2, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Congrats my friend!!!! You are a dandy!!!! Did you see where the Nelson office is being moved? And where he received $500,000 for those stupid ads?

yoda on February 2, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Obama lies so much it is so difficult to follow up on each and everyone.

He has said a couple of times that Republicans say their plan would be free… blah blah blah… I wouldn’t have over looked such a plan…. blah blah they lie…..

Wasn’t that what Obama said in the original “You lie” speech? Healthcare would be deficit neutral? And no taxes would be raised to pay for it… Isn’t that saying it would be free?

petunia on February 2, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I think there is a misprint in your caption.

“Here’s looking at you, champ”, should read:

“Here’s looking at you, chump.”

conservative educator on February 2, 2010 at 6:27 PM

How many of us believe Osama Obama recites “Allahu Akbar” first thing when he gets up in the morning?

Cybergeezer on February 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM

rapidly evolving into a slush fund.
hawksruleva on February 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Heh. Rapidly evolving would be like Rush thinking about getting into radio in a few years. They were a slush fund to begin with. They were conceived as a slush fund. They are being used as a slush fund. The very fiber of the paper is was printed were the proceeds from a slush fund! AWWGGGGGGH!

Blacksmith8 on February 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Hey Texans? Is it wrong to envy some of your politicians?

Chaz706 on February 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Sure go ahead. Then again there’s a few like Porter, Rodriguez, Gonzalez, Cornyn, and Kay BAILOUT, that uh well not so much.

Blacksmith8 on February 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

capejasmine on February 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I truly believe that Obama is evil incarnate. As they say, the eyes are the windows to the soul and his soul appears to be irrefutably evil.

imfedup on February 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Cybergeezer
After the bows in Saudi Arabia,Japan(none in England) and then the bow in Florida I have to agree with you.

But on the subject of blaming Bush, I know he had to sign them but congress spends the money and nobody seems to notice that CONGRESS HAS HAD A DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY SINCE 2006 so they should be blaming themselves,NOT!!! Most Pathetic administration I have seen in my long life.

concernedsenior on February 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM

He’ll just lie about it and blame it all on Bush.

He will be very believable when he does it.

Lot’s of idiots will believe him.

notagool on February 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Obama was here in NH today. He is being poorly served by his staff and advisors. They, and perhaps he believes that if they just go out every day and make more speeches, make more appearances, use his celebrity, his charisma will turn around the polls and public opinion. He and his staff fail to understand that the CAMPAIGN IS OVER. They appear to not understand that they should be governing, not campaigning. The euphoria has past. The honeymoon is over.

mountainmanbob on February 2, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Note to Barry:

We cannot afford your plan. Now, sit back down, STFU, and don’t come back in front of a camera until you have provided a realistic budget proposal. We are not one of your stupid greedy supporters who bought a $750K house on a $36K/year budget and then think it’s the lender’s fault they lost their home.

Put another way you rat bastard traitor, you are forcing America to live beyond her means and it is time for the public to rise up and tell you that enough is enough.

highhopes on February 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM

The only truth to Obama’s budget is that he will spend at least $3.83 trillion. None of the future reductions will occur, until he is removed from power.

GaltBlvnAtty on February 2, 2010 at 7:28 PM

O S U R a ideologue and a lying one at that!!!

bluegrass on February 2, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Start sending in the interns. Lots of them. Maybe one of them will distract him for a while. Then tweet the details to MO.

Yoop on February 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Why not give every american adult 2 million dollars? Wouldn’t that be cheaper and more effective?

steveracer on February 2, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Found this in my e-mail today. Thought it was appropriate here:

Obama Monument Cartoon

Christian Conservative on February 3, 2010 at 7:42 AM

pilamaye on February 2, 2010

Until the Obama-fellating media starts reporting this fact as well as you just did, don’t count on most of the idiot 52% actually getting it.

SKYFOX on February 3, 2010 at 8:52 AM