Lila Rose assaulted by Planned Parenthood escort

posted at 11:45 am on February 1, 2010 by Cassy Fiano

Lila Rose is a well known pro-life advocate. As the president and founder of Live Action, she’s done a lot of really amazing work exposing Planned Parenthood for what they really are: an evil organization looking to profit off of the slaughter of the unborn by any means necessary. They’ll manipulate women into getting abortions. They’ll lie about the science. And time after time, they’ve been proven to look the other way when cases of alleged statutory rape are presented to them. All of this has been exposed to be light thanks to the hard work of Lila Rose. Whether you are for or against abortion is really irrelevant — every parent in America should be against Planned Parenthood for the crimes they commit and the lack of ethics possessed by this organization.

Given all that, it’s really not a surprise what happened about a month and a half ago. While visiting a clinic in San Jose, CA, a male Planned Parenthood escort approached her… and then struck her.

At approximately 11:50am on Thursday, December 17th, 2009, Live Action President Lila Rose was struck by a male uniformed Planned Parenthood escort. The attack occurred on a public sidewalk outside a Planned Parenthood affiliate located at 1691 The Alameda in San Jose, California.

Lila Rose was visiting the abortion clinic with a group of about 20 students and three adults to pray and provide information to women who might be open to abortion alternatives.

According to a police report filed at the scene, supported by several witnesses, the following interaction took place between Miss Rose and the uniformed Planned Parenthood escort:

Rose, from the public sidewalk: “Sir, are you familiar with the abortion procedure?”
Escort approaches Rose rapidly from Planned Parenthood parking lot, says, “You idiot. You’ve caused so much trouble. You piece of crap.”
Rose offers to show Escort a picture: “Can I show you a picture of what it really does to a baby?”
The Escort strikes Miss Rose’s hand, knocking literature and Bible to the ground. Rose steps further back on sidewalk, Escort steps towards Rose.
Escort, visibly shaking, says, “It’s a woman’s choice!”
Rose says, “What about the baby’s choice?”
Escort says, “It’s not a baby!” Escort turns around and walks away.

Police were called and interviewed the victim and several witnesses. Rose sustained no injuries from the attack. Charges of assault and battery are pending. There have been no apologies.

Live Action maintains a strong commitment to non-violent public discourse. We expect Planned Parenthood will respond to their escort’s attack by publicly disavowing the use of violence.

I was asked by Live Action to try to contact Planned Parenthood and get a response from them about this incident. I genuinely wanted to know their side of the story. Have they done their own investigation into this? Is the escort, a Gerard Nordley, still working with Planned Parenthood? Do they have a statement? Will they issue an apology?

I called their public relations department repeatedly for over a month. I left message after message. I never received a single phone call to follow up about this incident, or a single e-mail. This leads me to believe that Lila Rose’s statement is indeed accurate, and that Planned Parenthood is trying to keep this quiet. I understand the role of escorts for abortion clinics, and approaching the abortion protestors is not in the job description. Assaulting them is definitely not. Lila wasn’t hurt, thankfully, but what happens next time? If this man wasn’t even disciplined for his actions, what will keep him from taking it a step further with someone else? And if Planned Parenthood does not discipline this man in any way, or issue an apology to Lila Rose, then you have to assume that they approve of his behavior.

Just one more thing to add to the list of reasons why this organization is truly rotten to the core.

UPDATE: I wanted to issue a note to clear up the confusion surrounding the Gerard – Gerald Nordley website. I contacted Lila to confirm that the man on the website is indeed the man who assaulted her, and she did. Also, the church he says he attends on his website is apparently not far from San Jose, CA. Hope that answers some questions.

Cross-posted from Cassy’s blog. Stop by for more original commentary, or follow her on Twitter!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

–So you think it’s morally appropriate for you to kill someone who refused to pass a law banning abortion? Isn’t that murder?

If you… as a leader… support and endorse the slaughter of our children… and vote against the laws which would protect said children… you are party… to murder… and ought suffer the penalty… for murder…

It cannot be said any more plainly.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM

–So, isn’t anyone on the prolife side condemning this? Or do you all also think this is fine?

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Amazing that you actually asked! Fascinating.

No, nobody has a “right” to an abortion. If a State so chooses to outlaw the practice, that State should be allowed. (In such domestic matters, the State’s will should triumph over Federal will, unless there is some violation of the Constitution, which there clearly isn’t in this case.) So to that end, I suppose I don’t believe in “abortion rights”

However, if we call abortion murder we must treat everyone (including the womenfolk, sorry ;) They get no pass just for being weak minded girls) as though they are conspirators in a murder.

This means, to me, the death penalty for all them. Now, unlike yourself, I don’t fancy the death of doctors, nurses, and women (in your defense, you have repeatedly excused the womenfolk) because of the removal of 32 cells from a woman’s womb.

Is a fully formed fetus that’s capable of grasping a surgeon’s hand alive? Clearly! Does it have a soul? … Probably? Does that matter, as the child’s soul would bear immediately away from this terrible world? (To live is Christ, to die is gain.) How about a zygote? How about a single cell, fertilized and ready to go? How about the germline cells seperately, before they are joined in utero? If it happens in a petri dish, is that different?

I have no idea. Should we punish those involved?

This whole “Case by case” nonsense is ridiculous of course.
If a mafia don snuffs out a rival, do we judge that “case by case”? If a woman hired a hitman to kill her husband, should we judge that “case by case” – no of course not. They go to jail, 20 years minimum, maybe life. And more so, that would mean every abortion trial would be capable of appeal until the Supreme Court set down guidelines – is that really how we want law to form in this country?

Of course not. Ridiculous. Our country would collapse – would’ve collapsed a century ago – if laws were created in the manner you’re suggesting.

I am a Christian, yes. I believe abortion is wrong, yes. I believe it should be avoided at all costs, yes.

But I also believe in the rule of law. Laws should not be made based on how we feel, and when they are created, violating them should come with just punishment for those involved in the violations. This is how America has worked for two centuries, and our drift from it is America’s greatest struggle.

You believe doctors should be executed because the moment a cell divides into two cells, that’s life and is inviolable – okay.

I don’t. That doesn’t even make me any worse than you, as you are guessing as much as anyone else how life works.

But I warn you – you’re asking the Federal Government to intervene on your behalf on an undecided religious matter. That’s an extremely dangerous path to take. And it leads not to Inquisitions, but to guillotines. There’s a difference, and it’s an important one.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM

If you think that you score even one point by showing that some pro-life person trespassed onto an abotionist’s property you are wrong. (Also, no one who is actually interested in objective facts references wikipedia.) You actively promote the butchery of the unborn, and brag that you would even counsel your own child to kill your own grandchild. And you have some wierd idea that trespass is a problem? And as for your attempt at manliness which just comes off as locker room impurity when you say that you havn’t been involved in any abortions that you are aware of, well I don’t know what to say except that you still haven’t answered my question which I pose again:

Why are you such a willing and happy accomplice to the butchery of your fellow human beings, now including future grandchildren?(that is if you can keep yourself from the thrill of aborting any children you may be lucky enough to be blessed with.)

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM

As they say on the USA Network – “Forget you!”

Pro-life and non-fascist, thank you very much.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Pro-life

Except of course when it comes to “collateral damage” in Afghanistan and elsewhere. I guess brown babies aren’t worth saving.

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I know right? That’s why I support Margret Sanger and Planned Parenthood: Because their explicitly stated goal is to abort the black babies of America.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 6:20 PM

A woman`s right to be struck by some bully of a fellow?

Is that part of Planned Parenthood along with the eugenics angle?? Wouldn`t surprise me!

Sherman1864 on February 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Nice point Sherman. Earlier commenters said California prosecutors won’t take up Lila’s criminal complaint. That’s fine. Make sure the Prosecutor’s office is repeatedly asked to explain why it’s OK for men to assault and slap around women in that district.

Mark30339 on February 1, 2010 at 6:20 PM

I don’t “fancy” the death of anyone, Bob. No one ever said justice was a fun thing.

I am glad to hear that you believe abortion to be wrong. Our difference is that I have no respect for a law which condones the murder of our progeny, and I never will.

I guess our other difference is that I’m a psycho 8) but apparently I am a very limited psycho. So I’ll take what I can get.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Also, just fyi, sidewalk counselors do not go onto private property to speak to abortion bound mothers. All of this is accomplished on public property.

-tigerlily.

-tigerlily

Why? Because your statements have once again been shown to be incorrect. What do you say to people having abortions? That pictures of 18 week aborted fetuses are the same as their 6 week fetuses? That they will likely be unable to have children if they have an abortion? That they will get breast cancer? How far do you stretch the truth to get the result you want?

I’ve answered your questions about my positions on abortion again and again. There’s no point in my explaining it again, when all you’ll do is insult me. We just disagree. So do a substantial number of Americans. And the fact that no prolifer here has said that it is not permissible to kill politicians who don’t vote to make abortion illegal makes me think that at least some of you don’t give a damn about the legal, legislative or political process in America. It bothers me considerably that some of you apparently think it’s ok to murder a politician who won’t vote your way. It should bother you as well.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Oi Fins, no matter how much you post, you’re still just a troll.

You couldn’t answer the challenges made to you earlier in the thread, so why not move along home and quit playing at philosophy?

Not that I’m a philosopher or anaything, but little gems like the above just scream academia. Are you a harvard professor?

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 6:23 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 6:21 PM

We are a country of laws, not of men. If you don’t like the law, you change it. But again, the more power you give to the Gov’t, the more they will twist it against you.

My advice? Try preaching to the girls. If they’re really all just innocent dupes being brainwashed by PP, then talking to them (perhaps with video demonstrations) should be sufficient to dissuade them, no?

Hell, maybe some of them will actually accept Christ. That’s what we in the missions business call a “twofer”!*

(*No, we don’t.)

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM

To suggest that it’s typically pro-lifers who are under the assault of abortion rights people is absurd. You’re justified in pointing out the terrible behavior represented by this one case but to suggest that violence and aggression are directed at pro-lifers, instead of the the other way around, is laughable. The death threats flow in generally one direction.

bayam on February 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

It bothers me that you’d tell your daughter to kill your granddaughter.

It should do a hell of a lot more than bother you.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I guess brown babies aren’t worth saving.

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

No surprise that you believe this. My babies are brown. Yours?

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Doesn’t sound like she taunted or condemned anyone, she was actually talking to the uniformed escort, and he lost his cool. It had nothing to do with any other lady.

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM

If Lila wasn’t taunting the woman and the escort initiated the confrontation then he was not only wrong but irresponsible. If Lila was saying something hurtful to the woman then the escort’s actions are more understandable.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM

That’s essentially what I was asking for the entire thread, the changing of the laws, with the notable caveat that those who commit the murders pay the crime for said murders, as well as those who make possible said murders, e.g. the politicians Jimbo defends so mightily over his granddaughter.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Free country aside, what is your agenda in whoring abortion threads? Your absence is conspicuous on nearly every other topic. Antagonism, activism, narcissism? I know it isn’t persuasion.

daesleeper on February 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM

The answer to my earlier query.

it bothers me considerably that some of you apparently think it’s ok to murder a politician who won’t vote your way. It should bother you as well.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

You loiter in the abortion threads nearly exclusively to spout your rhetoric for what I can only ascertain to be catharsis. In the end you insinuate pro-lifers are bloodthirsty. Over and over…

Pathetic reprobate.

daesleeper on February 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Close your a href tag yo.

One Angry Christian on February 1, 2010 at 6:43 PM

If you call that being “struck” I’m interested to know what you would call what happened to George Tiller.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM

A really late term abortion?

Darth Executor on February 1, 2010 at 7:07 PM

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Oh so striking protesters who did nothing to Tiller is ok?

Gotcha

Grow up punk.

CWforFreedom on February 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Or, she could just mind her own business. It’s none of her business who is going where.

So, she got pushed out of the way, big deal. She shouldn’t be there harassing people in the first place. They didn’t ask her to talk to them.

Before you start waving your finger about babies, I don’t debate abortion because I don’t have to. That’s not the issue. The issue is that the law says reproductive choices are a personal decision, not a government decree. If abortion is against your values, don’t have an abortion. You just made a choice that is you right to make, not following a government order. Again, mind your own business.

Moesart on February 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I guess brown babies aren’t worth saving.

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

You really are a robot.

CWforFreedom on February 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Casey failed to point out the racist roots of the foundation of Planned Parenthood, their deliberate placements in the ‘ghetto’, and the sting exposing their personnel’s willingness to accept donations specifically targeted for the abortion of black babies.

Margaret Sanger was a monster, part of the tranzi eugenics movement in the 1920s, proposing the wholesale slaughter of ‘dysgenic’ peoples.
Sanger chose abortion as her method. Hitler chose ovens.

‘Planned Parenthood was NEVER about ‘choice’.

rayra on February 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I don’t think they should be murdered. I think they should be executed in a Nuremberg type trial. I also wouldn’t want them killed because they won’t vote my way, I want them killed because they are party to murder. That they are party to murder through their vote is completely irrelevant.

Darth Executor on February 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM

CRR6 you opened yourself up to that one, you favor death to all these fetuses but yet get upset over Dr. Tiller’s death. I wouldn’t be shocked if you and would favor post-birth type abortions to give the mother more options with her life.

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Moesart on February 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM

More simplistic babble. The protesters have the right to protest without being assaulted. The fact that it does not bother you is scary. Funny though the HUMAN BEING who loses their life matters not to you . That is even scarier. Luckily more and more Americans are seeing it from the Pro-Life perspective.

CWforFreedom on February 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Moesart on February 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Will you be spouting the same bulls**t if it was legal to abort you rather than the unborn?

Don’t want Moesart to die? Don’t kill him!

Darth Executor on February 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Don’t want Moesart to die? Don’t kill him!

Darth Executor on February 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Moesart is a sheep. One day it will come. Just watch the way this country is going. He will lose his say then ask what happened.

CWforFreedom on February 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Is it any wonder that an institution that is dedicated to the genocide of the unwanted would be affiliated with a violent coward? The concentration camps were full of them acting as guards.

Hening on February 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM

You really are a robot.

CWforFreedom on February 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Odd, I really think you’re tied with Juno77 for the title of most robotic, soul-less HA commenter. I have a hard time believing you’re a real, actual person and not some sort of primitive computer program.
You never exhibit an original thought, you never have a post longer than a paragraph, you post the most generic, wingnut boilerplate to the point where it borders on self-parody and you never show even a hint of self-reflection or self-awareness.

And your response to this will undoubtedly be just as unimaginative and robotic as everything else you’ve ever posted.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Slap a cop’s hand and see what happens.

LincolntheHun on February 1, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Shove a picture of a fetus into the face of cop and see what happens.

Get the point?

pabarge on February 1, 2010 at 7:14 PM

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM

You’re killing a child right now because you’re not having sex.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:15 PM

“UPDATE” Ed mentioned that he spoke with Lila and confirmed the identity of this Gerard/Gerald Nordley.
I find it hard to swallow that this guy is somebouncer/lackey for Planned Parenthood –

V Maj. Gerald D. Nordley, USAF (ret.), FBIS, is an astronautical engineering consultant who focuses on interstellar travel and other space-related subjects. He has degrees in physics and systems management, has led orbital operations and advanced space propulsion research, and has written articles and technical papers on advanced propulsion subjects (interstellar propulsion, antimatter, particle beams, and tethers). In the early 1980s he served as chief of the advanced propulsion branch at the former U.S. Air Force Rocket Propulsion Laboratory at Edwards AFB. He is also, as G. David Nordley, an award-winning science fiction and science writer and illustrator. He serves as Treasurer of CONTACT: Cultures of the Imagination, which he describes as an interdisciplinary educational group focused on the evolution and eventual interaction of intelligent beings. ”

That is the man you have linked to.

redhead on February 1, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Again, mind your own business.

Moesart on February 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Take your own advice and don’t comment on a story that doesn’t involve you. That way, you’d be leading by example, and no one would have to be subjected to reading such drivel. There is nothing wrong with Lila being there. Actually, more people need to get out there and do the same.

Narutoboy on February 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Don’t stand so close to the T shooting at me. You won’t have to move much. heh

Caststeel on February 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM

If you call that being “struck” I’m interested to know what you would call what happened to George Tiller The Baby Killer.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Why leap to Tiller the baby killer? There was a pro-life protester murdered by a pro-abortionist last year. I wonder why that wasn’t used as an example.

Narutoboy on February 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM

You’re killing a child right now because you’re not having sex.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:15 PM

O.o Crr6, one of these days, I am hopeful that you will reach adulthood. I know you have it in you, kiddo. Make us proud.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM

You’re killing a child right now because you’re not having sex.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:15 PM

So ridiculous I’m actually embarrassed for you, crr6. *blush*

Grace_is_sufficient on February 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM

So ridiculous I’m actually embarrassed for you, crr6. *blush*

Grace_is_sufficient on February 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM

That’s your own logic, really. It sounds stupid because it is stupid.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM

True story: a young (21 yrs old) woman I know found herself pregnant. She’s unmarried, has no job (is now a full time student at the local university). She has no insurance so she went on Medicaid and the OB’s nurse tried not once, but three times to scare her into an abortion. She told this young woman: you are a carrier for cystic fibrosis (which she isn’t), you will probably pass this on to your baby. Then it was: your baby has a heart defect (which she didn’t) then it was: your baby’s heartbeat can’t be found.

This young woman’s mother ripped that nurse a new one, and I was ready to go with her to let that b**ch nurse know she’s being reported to the Texas Dept of Health.

Everything turned out fine for this young woman. But just goes to show you what lengths some evil persons will go to kill an unborn child.

Annietxgrl on February 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM

That’s your own logic, really. It sounds stupid because it is stupid.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Rather like you, in that regard. Your jokes have about as much intellect as your philosophical points.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Unless you were there, it didn’t involve you either. The term drivel is used when one cannot type anything substantive. It’s a pithy reply.

Moesart on February 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

It is held to be the part of a good citizen to promote public penalties rather than private ones, and a prudent legislator orders public penalties partly for the discouragement of private penalties. Nevertheless, when the exaction of those public penalties has made the exaction of private penalties both superfluous and dangerous, private penalties are neglected, and their neglect removes that cause for which public penalties were enacted, and there is no longer any remedy for wickedness. And when one has returned to the beginning of these things, one will see that the revival of private penalties renews men’s respect for the prudence of the legislator, so that men revive those public penalties which they had neglected.

Kralizec on February 1, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I don’t see why everyone is all up about this, it’s not like he knocked a Quran to the ground.

RalphyBoy on February 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Given the gravity of the subject matter and the apparently reverent bearing of our protagonist, Lila, it would be profoundly juvenile and sexist of me to point out that she is just lovely. Wouldn’t it?

Jaibones on February 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Rock a bye baby on the tree top,
When the wind blows the cradle will rock,
When the bough breaks the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all.

Just think of all the falls Planned Parenthood has averted with their suck-out the brains approach! /S

wepeople on February 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Moesart on February 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Good grief. I know it didn’t involve me, but I’m not the one telling others to mind their own business. Understand the difference now?

Narutoboy on February 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM

RD on February 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Wha? A little Olberesque for you?

Not for anything but I find passing an eggbeater into a babies skull and turning it in to puree more than a bit repulsive. Quite frankly I beleive a person would need to
have serious mental inequities to carry out these actions everyday, year in and year out in the name of a career choice!

sonnyspats1 on February 1, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I guess brown babies aren’t worth saving.

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

No surprise that you believe this. My babies are brown. Yours?

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 6:25 PM

How could he possibly have babies? He’s been trying to ‘Grow Fins’ wouldn’t that make his offspring more like guppies! All this time he’s been telling us he’s looking forward to return from that which he came. The pond. The answer would then be any random color.

sweet pea on February 1, 2010 at 8:06 PM

The only thing that needs to be killed is Roe v Wade.

sonnyspats1 on February 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

An Afghan baby was killed and a woman wounded during one such NATO-Afghan operation targeting militants in central Afghanistan on Saturday, the international force said.

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 12:32 PM

In the war in Afganistan they target militants, At Planned Parenthood they TARGET women, babies and children. My question to you is: Using anyone of these TARGETS and can you explain the difference between battery and assault?

sweet pea on February 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM

sweet pea on February 1, 2010 at 8:12 PM

can you explain the difference between battery and assault?

sweet pea on February 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM

The two are often used interchangeably, but battery is the infliction of harmful or offensive contact by an actor upon another with intent to cause such contact, while assault is acting intentionally and voluntarily, to cause the reasonable apprehension of an immediate harmful or offensive contact.
Battery is the contact, assault is the apprehension of the contact. So if you hit someone from unexpectedly from behind you’ve committed a battery, but not an assault (because they didn’t apprehend the contact).

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

sweet pea on February 1, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Now that is funny! All this time I thought Grow Fins was a she! Notice how said troll only comes around to start a fire, then leaves? It’s intelligence level is probably the same as the pond dwellers.

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 8:17 PM

troll stew brewin up in heah…

ted c on February 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM

He said you ought to get the penalty for murder, not that you oughta be murdered. If that’s unAmerican, so’s changing the laws to criminalize skyjacking.

Chris_Balsz on February 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I understand all that but, the question posed was in relation to Fins argument about the war in Afghanistan. You missed my point completely. Pond Guppy still has not come up for air.

sweet pea on February 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Sarah Palin just endorsed Rand Paul.

Where’s the thread on it?

Spathi on February 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I should have said, “You missed the TARGET.”

sweet pea on February 1, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Allah Pundit seems to be “stunned into silence” by Sarah Palin’s “proud” endorsement of Rand Paul.

Spathi on February 1, 2010 at 8:36 PM

The male libs on this thread think it’s okay to push a woman around. They also think that every time a woman ovulates and has a cycle, a baby dies.

Thank God for gun-toting, woman-loving, religion-clinging real conservative men with more testosterone in their pinkie fingers than these guys have in their entire manscaped bodies.

Grace_is_sufficient on February 1, 2010 at 8:37 PM

So, what happened to all those criminal charges some of you were so sure were going to be filed against PP as a result of her taping undercover?

Blake on February 1, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Spathi on February 1, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Or maybe AP and Ed are at a meeting today and not posting?

Hopefully Rand Paul will win after Ron Paul loses, we still need our token nut to take pot shots at.

Good Solid B-Plus on February 1, 2010 at 8:50 PM

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM

comparing completely unrelated people who apply similar beliefs in dramatically different ways is cheap and inellectually dishonest.

It is like saying that because liberal radicals tried to bomb the pentagon in the 60′s that all liberals deserve some cumuppance from the military and simply get what they deserve.

erakis on February 1, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Abortion is always a heated debate Jimbo. Regardless of where you stand on the legality of abortion, we should be working together on ways to rarify the practice. Your side is dug in on the issue because of hatred for christians pure and simple even though for many pro-lifers it’s not even about religion. It takes a sick individual to think abortion is ever a positive thing.

mike_NC9 on February 1, 2010 at 9:01 PM

“Progressives” will resort to Brown Shirt violence.

Phil Byler on February 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM

They’ll manipulate women into getting abortions.

Women, they need protection from manipulators.

AshleyTKing on February 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Myself and my brown baby think you constitute monkey puke. Piss off.

tcn on February 1, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Women, they need protection from manipulators.
AshleyTKing on February 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Some do. Besides, men cannot grow another human being inside them.

kingsjester on February 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM

whoa hit her hand? that’s some crazy violent stuff there!

tlynch001 on February 1, 2010 at 10:19 PM

What a lovely young lady. In more ways than one. Nice to see someone so young so passionate about life.

wildcat84 on February 1, 2010 at 10:36 PM

whoa hit her hand? that’s some crazy violent stuff there!

tlynch001 on February 1, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Correct. That’s called assault.

Now, imagine a man coming up to your mother, daughter, sister, or wife, and doing the same thing. That’s right, wipe the stupid grin off your face.

Saltysam on February 1, 2010 at 11:04 PM

It’s intelligence level is probably the same as the pond dwellers.

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Actually, many pond dwellers are known to care for their young.

Saltysam on February 1, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Saltysam on February 1, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Knocking some papers out of their hands?
I think they’d live.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM

A really late term abortion?

Darth Executor on February 1, 2010 at 7:07 PM

That is what’s known as a slam dunk.

Saltysam on February 1, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Knocking some papers out of their hands?
I think they’d live.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Here, let me help you out, because I see you’re struggling with words:

Read the comment again…

“whoa hit her hand? that’s some crazy violent stuff there!”

Saltysam on February 1, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Knocking some papers out of their hands?
I think they’d live.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I’m guessing you’d live if I punched you in the face, but you’d probably want me to be arrested anyway, no?

Good Solid B-Plus on February 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on February 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM

I’d say that’s quite different from what happened, no?

Again, I’m not condoning what happened. It was rude. But pressing charges is ridiculous. The police would laugh you out of the room.

“wahhhh he knocked some stuff out of my hands wahhhh!”

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Knocking some papers out of their hands?
I think they’d live.

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Yep, but the baby fetus parasite won’t. I find it confusing that you use “they’d live” as an argument. But, only when it is convenient.

MarkABinVA on February 2, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Maybe if more of you “liberals” would chastise abortion, just, maybe there would be enough stigma to make people act more responsibly. Is that a bad thing? Being outcast is more of a crime than abortion it seems amongst your type. Tell me how abortion feels good to you. I think I know the answer, and it is very selfish.

MarkABinVA on February 2, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Racist!

Johan Klaus on February 2, 2010 at 12:59 AM

crr6 on February 1, 2010 at 11:50 PM

So it is ok if I knock something out of your hand?

Johan Klaus on February 2, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Just imagine a new show on Animal Planet, Baby Wars. Instead of going out and attacking whaling ships and trying to come between the whales and the whalers, it’s about pro-lifers going out and trying to come between the innocent babies and the baby killers. Hmmm…..who’d be portrayed as the villain once it’s innocent babies getting killed? Oh yeah, the pro-lifers.

flyfishingdad on February 2, 2010 at 2:46 AM

You expect an apology from an organization that murders for it’s livelihood?

These are hardened killers. Hitting a woman is nothing to what they do day in and day out.

petunia on February 2, 2010 at 2:53 AM

It’s 7 weeks after the fact, and there are no criminal charges and there’s not going to be any criminal charges. Just like there are no criminal charges a couple of years after all those undercover tapings that people here were screaming were evidence of conspiracy and RICO violations. There’s the law and then there is HotAir’s commenters perception of what they think is the law.

Blake on February 2, 2010 at 5:43 AM

The way this thread was titled, and the opening thread comment claiming that they Planned Parenthood worker “assaulted” and also “struck” Lila Rose, I was expecting to read that he bashed in her face, caved in her skull, dislocated her shoulder, knocked out some teeth, broken her lip, cracked or broke a few ribs, or some form of violent attack, leaving her in a beaten, unconscious, bloody mess on the ground, in a coma.

Instead the person struck her hand, knocking the literature and Bible to the ground.

It appears that someone was having a bad day.

Hint: It wasn’t Lila Rose.

Planned Murderhood has been the chief abortuary for slaughtering the young and the innocent. The entire induced abortion industry have a solid history of violent assaults against women, pro-lifers, etc. Many, if not most, of those are NEVER reported, never carried in the news, and, consequently, many people are ignorant of the violence associated with Abortion and abortuaries. Instead, thanks to the dishonest media, and Hollywood, and abortion pushers, many people think that pro-lifers are the violent, terrorist thugs, when, in reality, it is actually the opposite. Abortion advocates and their supporters, and those men and women who benefit from abortions, are the people who perpetuate violence.

Not only are many women who refuse abortion harassed, beaten, and murdered for not taking part in that “choice,” many pro-life demonstrators have been attacked, for real, pushed to the ground, struck, threatened, insulted, and even murdered.

But, again, don’t worry. The main stream, dying leftist media won’t tell you. To them Pro-lifers are evil, violent killer aliens, or demons, from outer space who will eat your flesh while you are alive, but who don’t give a damn about babies, or mothers, or their fellow man or women. To the dying, leftist media and Hollywood, abortion advocates and abortionists/Baby slayers, are the salt-of-the-earth lovers of all mankind, and lovers and protectors of mothers and babies everywhere.

Planned Murderhood should not get ONE SINGLE DIME from pro-life taxpayers, or from “Government” coffers!

Abolish Planned Murderhood.

Redistribute the wealth created by withholding money from Planned Murderhood and other abortion advocating and pushing organizations and clinics.

Redistribute the money by letting the taxpayer keep it themselves!

In other words, give it back, and stop taking it and helping to continue to slaughter innocent children with our money!

Question: When a pro-abortion person assaults, insults, strikes, or murders a pro-life person, there is little to no outrage.

If Lila Rose went Bruce Lee, or Chuck Norris, Muay Thai, Krav Magra, Hapkido, Kung Fu, Yoshinkan Aikido, or UFC on the Planned Parenthood “Escort” in self defense in response to the assault, would the news media be shouting from the mountain tops, and printing it in banner headlines above the fold on page one, that “Pro-lifer attacks and badly injures kind hearted, defenseless women’s choice escort at woman’s clinic! Violent terrorist thug nearly kills him!”

I wouldn’t be surprised. That is what they do. That is how they roll!

William2006 on February 2, 2010 at 6:41 AM

I hope many of you are going to his website and letting him know, politely, what you think of him.

lizzee on February 2, 2010 at 6:47 AM

It’s hard to really assess the story without seeing the incident. She was there to interfere, obviously.

I’ve never understood why pro-life people don’t simply offer services and use their energy in a positive way.

AnninCA on February 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM

If planned abortionhood could get away with it, they’d have their rent-a-Barny-Fife shoot Ms. Rose dead. Then they’d look to eliminate the next nuisance.

olesparkie on February 2, 2010 at 7:56 AM

AnninCA on February 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM

AnninCA,

The extracted article in the opening thread indicates that the pro-life woman was on public property, legally, on a sidewalk off Planned Murderhood, er, Planned Parenthood’s property. It was the kind hearted, loving, gentle Planned Murderhood’s “Security Escort” who traversed his location on Planned Abortionhood property, walked the distance to the public sidewalk off Planned Murderhood’s property, approached the woman, who politely asked if he would like to look at her literature and see what takes place inside the abortuary.

Furthermore, he was exhibiting an irate behavior as he approached her, screaming that she causes trouble.

From the indications depicted by the article, she did not wrong, but he did approach her in an aggressive manner, not the other way around.

Regarding your comment regarding “why pro-life people don’t simply offer services and use their energy in a positive way.” you clearly are not aware of the pro-life movement and their myriad of services and proactive endeavors.

Feminists for Life have been influential in invoking awareness for women’s needs in the work place, on Campuses, etc., so they are supported, and not treated as if they are useless, unwanted people because they are pregnant or raising a baby while working or attending school, among other proactive steps in their opposition to abortion.

Many pro-lifers are active volunteers in services which support pregnant mothers, offering shelter, clothing, medical care, education, and post partem support. Many offer counseling, etc., providing clear, practical alternatives to abortion. Some offer assistance in providing adoption services for those women and babies in cases where the woman, such as young teenaged girls, might choose not to bear the responsibility of motherhood after birth.

Yes! Pro-lifers are already proactive in using their energies for good, as well as protesting abortion, also a good thing, and trying to protect these innocent babies from being slaughtered, their Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of happiness denied them.

AnninCA,

Question: Why don’t abortion proponents do something more positive with their energies rather than slaughtering babies?

William2006 on February 2, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Reposting due to mistake in formatting of pervious post attempt:

AnninCA on February 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM

AnninCA

AnninCA,

Question: Why don’t abortion pushers do something more positive with their energies rather than slaughtering babies?

William2006 on February 2, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I haven’t been following all this, but I did see that the person you seem to be talking about said that those who who have provided legal cover for the murder of millions of children deserve the death penalty.

That is not saying that WE as individuals should go out and kill anybody, nor is it bypassing due process. The death penalty is given after a person has been found guilty of a heinous crime (such as, in this case, the murder of millions) and after due process has been followed.

It’s like the Nuremburg Trials, or Saddam Hussein’s execution.

justincase on February 2, 2010 at 8:54 AM

olesparkie on February 2, 2010 at 7:56 AM

olesparkie,

If their mother, or grandmother had wheels, they’d use her for a wagon!

There have been numerous cases of pro-life-choicers outside or near abortuaries who were demonstrating, or praying, or handling out literature, or asking women or men and women not to abort babies, being harassed, attacked, badly injured, run down by cars driven by abortuary staff, such as “Security” persons, and even murdered.

The dying, leftist, biased paleo-media clearly shows a lack of interest in such stories, preferring to favor the mass murder of children via abortion contingent as the salt-of-the-earth, kind hearted, compassionate saints who care about, and love women and children, (and puppies and kittens), while painting pro-life-choicers as being demonic, terrorist, cruel, uncaring monsters, even though the side which is clearly the compassionate, predominantly nonviolent, caring side is the pro-life of baby choicers.

William2006 on February 2, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

It’s like the Nuremburg Trials, or Saddam Hussein’s execution.

justincase on February 2, 2010 at 8:54 AM

–So in other words, you think any politician who doesn’t vote to make abortion totally illegal should be killed?

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM
I stand by that. What would you have me say? Murder is excusable because it’s defended by current law?

To hell with your pacifistic baiting! At the top of our lungs we are screaming about fifty million dead infants, and you are trying to claim moral high ground against my supposed psychosis. Have at it as long as it pleases you, but don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

No, high hopes and Chris. See above. He wrote (and meant, because I asked him this several times in different ways) that any politician who wouldn’t vote to make abortion illegal shot be killed.

So I’m not sure what he would say if Texas held a referendum on abortion like South Dakota did where voters voted on the measure. Would he say that he has the right to kill any citizen who wouldn’t vote to make abortion illegal?

Jimbo3 on February 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM

mike_NC9 on February 1, 2010 at 9:01 PM

–Mike, I think there is just as much hatred on your side for anyone who is pro-choice. Take a look at this thread and see which side is throwing the insults.

Jimbo3 on February 2, 2010 at 9:25 AM