Lila Rose assaulted by Planned Parenthood escort

posted at 11:45 am on February 1, 2010 by Cassy Fiano

Lila Rose is a well known pro-life advocate. As the president and founder of Live Action, she’s done a lot of really amazing work exposing Planned Parenthood for what they really are: an evil organization looking to profit off of the slaughter of the unborn by any means necessary. They’ll manipulate women into getting abortions. They’ll lie about the science. And time after time, they’ve been proven to look the other way when cases of alleged statutory rape are presented to them. All of this has been exposed to be light thanks to the hard work of Lila Rose. Whether you are for or against abortion is really irrelevant — every parent in America should be against Planned Parenthood for the crimes they commit and the lack of ethics possessed by this organization.

Given all that, it’s really not a surprise what happened about a month and a half ago. While visiting a clinic in San Jose, CA, a male Planned Parenthood escort approached her… and then struck her.

At approximately 11:50am on Thursday, December 17th, 2009, Live Action President Lila Rose was struck by a male uniformed Planned Parenthood escort. The attack occurred on a public sidewalk outside a Planned Parenthood affiliate located at 1691 The Alameda in San Jose, California.

Lila Rose was visiting the abortion clinic with a group of about 20 students and three adults to pray and provide information to women who might be open to abortion alternatives.

According to a police report filed at the scene, supported by several witnesses, the following interaction took place between Miss Rose and the uniformed Planned Parenthood escort:

Rose, from the public sidewalk: “Sir, are you familiar with the abortion procedure?”
Escort approaches Rose rapidly from Planned Parenthood parking lot, says, “You idiot. You’ve caused so much trouble. You piece of crap.”
Rose offers to show Escort a picture: “Can I show you a picture of what it really does to a baby?”
The Escort strikes Miss Rose’s hand, knocking literature and Bible to the ground. Rose steps further back on sidewalk, Escort steps towards Rose.
Escort, visibly shaking, says, “It’s a woman’s choice!”
Rose says, “What about the baby’s choice?”
Escort says, “It’s not a baby!” Escort turns around and walks away.

Police were called and interviewed the victim and several witnesses. Rose sustained no injuries from the attack. Charges of assault and battery are pending. There have been no apologies.

Live Action maintains a strong commitment to non-violent public discourse. We expect Planned Parenthood will respond to their escort’s attack by publicly disavowing the use of violence.

I was asked by Live Action to try to contact Planned Parenthood and get a response from them about this incident. I genuinely wanted to know their side of the story. Have they done their own investigation into this? Is the escort, a Gerard Nordley, still working with Planned Parenthood? Do they have a statement? Will they issue an apology?

I called their public relations department repeatedly for over a month. I left message after message. I never received a single phone call to follow up about this incident, or a single e-mail. This leads me to believe that Lila Rose’s statement is indeed accurate, and that Planned Parenthood is trying to keep this quiet. I understand the role of escorts for abortion clinics, and approaching the abortion protestors is not in the job description. Assaulting them is definitely not. Lila wasn’t hurt, thankfully, but what happens next time? If this man wasn’t even disciplined for his actions, what will keep him from taking it a step further with someone else? And if Planned Parenthood does not discipline this man in any way, or issue an apology to Lila Rose, then you have to assume that they approve of his behavior.

Just one more thing to add to the list of reasons why this organization is truly rotten to the core.

UPDATE: I wanted to issue a note to clear up the confusion surrounding the Gerard – Gerald Nordley website. I contacted Lila to confirm that the man on the website is indeed the man who assaulted her, and she did. Also, the church he says he attends on his website is apparently not far from San Jose, CA. Hope that answers some questions.

Cross-posted from Cassy’s blog. Stop by for more original commentary, or follow her on Twitter!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

highhopes on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Ah! My point was that liberal guys also might feel as we Cons do. I aimed my point at the libs themselves, reminding them that a guy doesn’t have to be a Con to feel hurt when he helps make a baby, and is refused any chance of stating his case.

My aim is at libs. They like to think so, but not all of their kind think like the most radical of them.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM

highhopes on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

My aim is at libs. They like to think so, but not all of their kind think like the most of them.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM

–Yes. Are you going to try to kill me and my family now? Or only when you’re done killing politicians who won’t vote your way.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Now where in the sam hill did your family come into this?

Oh, the right-wingers are going to kill my children because I support abortion!

Jimbo, I must congratulate you. In one thread, you’ve made me do a 180 from my established position. I said we must be careful because the flames are being fanned.

You have single-handedly made eat my words. Your wanton disregard for human life digusts me, and I want nothing to do with you. May the Lord have mercy on your soul, sir. _(._.)_

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM

And herein, ladies and gentlemen, is why you cannot argue with a person dedicated to their cause.

This is the face of the enemy. there can be no compromise

If we will not rise up for this, then the American dream is truly destined to die.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

And this is all one needs to know about this troll. My advice, let the dictatorial, little fanatic stew in his own juices and don’t feed him with replies.

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

What do you care? I’m sure he or she will make your death look like any other ordinary “operation.”

Paranoid pro-abortionists are funny. Nobody will kill you. No worries.

Narutoboy on February 1, 2010 at 3:14 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

If this is what America chooses, it will be destroyed without any help on my part, to be sure.

I care not if you understand it now, Bob. Go your way, believing yourself right. You’ll answer to a court far higher than any I might sit in.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Fortunately for you, your mamma didn’t find you disgusting at the seven week point.

highhopes on February 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Often one could also say, fortunately for you the condom broke. People are constantly having sex while trying to not have a baby. Millions of people are here because it didn’t work out as planned. The question people struggle with and differ on is “when was there a ‘you’”?

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 3:16 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM

And this is all one needs to know about Brutus!

In order to make the post look fanatical and war-mongering, he conveniently spots out how i said to rise up.

CAMPAIGN.

DONATE.

GET THE WORD OUT.

Brutus, you have hit rock bottom. Have a good stay down there.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Our Gerald is a Unitarian, I see. Spreading that “it’s not a baby” dogma with all the righteous indignation of his very own Inquisition.

evergreen on February 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Seriously now, three websites are mirroring this story, all with the wrong link of “Gerard Nordley” being directed to a “Gerald Nordley”, all the while us calling him a “deathscort” – someone should really think about changing that link!

redhead on February 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Jimbo shows us, what we all know to be a human being in its most vulnerable state. He shrugs, and says to us “it doesn’t look any different to me than a typical operation.”

Doctors perform most operations to save and lengthen life.

This process Jimbo displays ends it all before the life can even speak for itself.

This is the face of the enemy. there can be no compromise in the topic of abortion – one must win, one must lose. Vote, campaign, donate, do everything you can to fight these people. This is the battle that defines our very humanity.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

–And expect me (and those with opinions like me) to do all we can on the other side. I don’t think we’ll want to kill all politicians disagree with us, unlike KinleyArdal.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Whassamatter, widdle Jimmie? Afraid that your own priniciple of killing another human because they don’t fit your reasons for living will be applied to you? Don’t worry, little man, you’re safe with us. Those who are pro-life aren’t the murderers or accomplices to murder that you are.

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM

evergreen on February 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM

If it’s not a baby, than I ask these doubters…of what species are you, that you cannot recognize a human being?

capejasmine on February 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM

That is because those politicians are not actively endorsing and pushing the murder of your kids.

I’m sure if someone came along and began killing your kids on the way home from school, and the politicians said it’s kosher, you’d be suitably (and rightly) furious.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM

The above post is in reply to Jimbo>.> I forgot to quote him.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM

–And maybe you should take a breath and sit still for a minute and think and take some personal responsibility for your actions. You’re the one who wrote that all pro-choice politicians should be killed. I asked you questions to see how far you would go on this topic and why. It was your responses that fanned the flmaes.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

“when was there a ‘you’”?

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 3:16 PM

What about a liberal guy, one who votes Dem all the time? One who donates to Greenpeace and the Dem Party?

What about him? Is he suddenly a conservative when his woman aborts a baby they made and he has no say? Is that liberal guy now a Con, because he hurts over her decision, when he was willing to step up and be a father, but was denied that?

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Not everyone who is pro-life is a Social Gospel believing fascist.

But you gotta expect some are – why else do you think they were aligned with the progressives of the early 20th century? In the end the only real difference was that the progressives believed the State was God.

Why not expose them as such? He willingly admitted to killing people with the power of the state over a religious dispute. I’m glad he did so, now I can have a more well-formed opinion of him.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM

–Really, so then why did KinleyArdal say he’d kill politicians. And why was it okay for abortion security guards and desk workers to be killed (I don’t remember who said that).

And why do you think you’re entitled to insult me because I disagree with you? You apologized last time, but you apparently don’t really mean it, do you.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

(_ _ ) Bob, you hit the same level as the rest of the crew. Damnit, Bob.

(_ _ ) If you can only frame it as religious fanaticism, and not remember that we’re talking about babies here, then you really are just a spam-bot.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Spam-bot says:
KILL ALL THE LIBERALS! FOR THE BABIES!

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 3:27 PM

So, next question, how would you propose to change the law to hold my “evil” “accountable”?

Returning the matter to the individual states would be a start. Then, each side can present its viewpoint on the matter, and voters can decide (if it is done by a referendum,) or can instruct their legislators.

If the legislators do not honor their constituents wish, the voters can turn them out at the next election.

I didn’t invent this; it’s a nifty little thing called a representative republic.

massrighty on February 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

After reading the majority of comments on this thread, I am wondering why nobody seems to have questioned the concept that some ‘pro-choicers’ are promoting that the abortion “choice” is acceptable “early in the pregnancy,” or in, “the first trimester.”

What is the difference between the first three months of a term vs. the last 6 months of a term? Is the product of conception less human in the first three months, and thus not deserving of protection? HINT: By the time the vast majority of women are aware that they are pregnant, the product of conception is no longer a “clump of cells,” but a well defined, although tiny, human being.

The callous disregard for human life, regardless of its gestational age is not a conservative “value.”

One other point. The people who killed abortion doctors were wrong, and they are guilty of murder. Those who are trying the paint the pro-life movement as condoning anything of the kind, in order to justify the behavior of this thug who confronted this woman (who was peacefully protesting) is outrageous.

JannyMae on February 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Not everyone who is pro-life is a Social Gospel believing fascist.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I couldn’t agree more! It’s a shame that fanatics dominate so many discussions. I’m reminded of today’s Mother Theresa postage stamp thread, where atheist fanatics have to make such a stink.

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

There is a great unfairness there. A woman can either kill an unborn baby or she can decide to have it and use the courts to extract child support from the man. The man has little legal recourse to change her decision.

Men need to be wary of who they have sex with. It isn’t free of consequences.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM
————–
Oh will you please stop playing the victim card already? It’s so lame and so liberal-like. Nobody’s going to kill you. Get over yourself already. If you can’t make an argument without an appeal to emotion, you’ve already lost.

fossten on February 1, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Cassie, I don’t know whether you have ever sidewalk counseled or prayed at an abortion mill where pro-abortion “escorts” were present. When I read your article with the above statement, it sounds like you have not. The sentence implies that there is a legitimate purpose for the abortion mill “escorts”. There is none.

Let me tell you what I have seen and personally experienced in my years of sidewalk counseling experience with these troublemakers at many major abortion mills, Planned Parenthood included.

In short, let me give you their “job description”.

At any opportunity strike the hand or pull pro-life literature out of the hands of sidewalk counselors

swarm and surround an abortion bound woman from her car to the abortion mill so that she is blocked from speaking to or receiving any pro-life conversation or pamphlet. I have seen women try to escape the ring of “escorts” who surround them and they will not let them free until they are delivered inside of the mill, where another “escort” makes sure they get right up to the front desk and sucked into the registration process.

If a sidewalk counselor does happen to engage an abortion bound mother or father in conversation, the “escorts” step in between the sidewalk counselor and the abortion bound person, loudly interrupting and telling them that the sidewalk counselor is a liar and not to be trusted and that the pro-life literature that they have been given should be handed over to the escort. All this is done as they hustle the woman along into the mill.

An “escort” will “bounce” themselves off of a sidewalk counselor and then fall to the ground claiming that the counselor struck of pushed them to the ground. Then police are called while all of the “escorts” insist that this assault and battery took place.

Abortion mills bring “escorts” or as they are more appropriately called, deathscorts, onto the scene to make sure that the abortionist makes his or her money. They don’t want to lose even one penny of their grisly trade to a mother changeing her mind because she was given compassion, truth and a place to get real help in her crisis by a pro-life counselor. The abortionisists claim the deathscorts are needed to protect the women from pro-lifers, but that is just another one of the their web of lies.

The deathscorts are usually culled from anarchist/atheist college groups or ACT UP and Queer Nation. They are angry, violent, foul mouthed in the extreme and DO NOT want an abortion bound woman to have any choice but abortion.

So, Cassie, if you understand the above, and I have not even given a complete picture of the havoc these people create, then you understand the “role” of an abortion mill escort. And yes, assault and battery IS in the job description, not to mention blocking the exercise of First Amendment free speech by confiscation of pro-life literature and blocking pro-life speech, and Fourth Amendment rights to privacy as they listen to, interfere with and forcibly break up private conversations between abortion bound mother and sidewalk counselor.

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

–Let’s be honest, tigerlily. Until the federal and state laws were passed that required zones around abortion clinics, some pro-lifers fairly regularly blocked access or interfered with people coming into abortion clinics. I can go dig up examples pretty quickly.

You seem to feel that you should be allowed the right to go onto private property and directly speak to people going into abortion clinics. Why do you think you should have that right?

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:31 PM

JannyMae on February 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

–Well, one of your pro-lifers wrote (s)he thought all pro-choice politicians should be killed.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Spam-bot says:
KILL ALL THE LIBERALS! FOR THE BABIES!

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Good Spam-Bot! (^^)>* Here’s a treat!

Go show those evil right-wingers what fantastically good people we are! Go to it, boy! Extra MegaByte biscuits if you can get them to froth and try to bite your ankle!

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I do not speak for JannyMae, so don’t even try, kiddo.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Such a despicable dichotomy, isn’t it?

If I kill a pregnant woman, I’m liable for TWO murders. The evidence? She chose to keep her baby, which makes that baby a person.

And, if I killed her on her way to abortion clinic, how would that work out for me–one killing or two?

The Left got the ultimate situation: yes and no all at the same time! If I could do that with my pay scale…

The baby-killers have painted a portrait about conservatives, but I wonder what liberal pro-abortion males think when their feelings are denied by the very thing in which they believe.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Jimbo, I was waiting for your answer and while you advocate free zones to abortion clinics, why isn’t it necessary that people who have life saving operations don’t have protestors going outside their door? One thing abortion does kill and hospitals are trying to save life. I hope you answer.

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 3:39 PM

fossten on February 1, 2010 at 3:30 PM

No way, he’s a lawyer.

Chris_Balsz on February 1, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Jimbo thinks he’s morally superior because he believes in killing babies. He’s sure he is in the right. He’s past reaching. He has lost his humanity along with the 42 million babies killed each year.

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Judgment Day is going to come as quite a shock to so many, I tend to think.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:46 PM

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 3:39 PM

–Politics, in part. If the US was just about equally divided on the use of human blood in operations, don’t you think there’d be protests in front of hospitals?

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Hey, maybe you’ll be a bit more reasonable than the last person I asked.

So lets say abortion is outlawed. Ignoring the doctors, ignoring the politicians (lets not go the Che Guevara/Kinley route this time) what would think is appropriate as sentencing guidelines for adult women who are convicted of breaking the law, and why?

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Free country aside, what is your agenda in whoring abortion threads? Your absence is conspicuous on nearly every other topic. Antagonism, activism, narcissism? I know it isn’t persuasion.

daesleeper on February 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:48 PM

We’re NOT divided on that, except in small sects. That’s what they do, as is their right, but what motivates you to nitpick all the time? A need to be ‘correct’ all the time?

Why do you need to call up the most bizarre of things, straining out camels but letting through gnats?

Why do Leftists (not necessarily you) aim for the lowest common denominator? Tell me–how is Reagan’s worst act somehow justification for overt acts by Obowmao?

Why is it, among the Left, that the accidental killing of a little girl in Afghanistan somehow justifies the willful abortion of babies?

The Left really needs to stop being ideological, and start seeing reality. The Left needs to be FAIR for once, and honest. The Left simply isn’t any of those things.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM

JannyMae,

Jimbo provides the answer to you question regarding why it is ok in the first three months in his 3:06PM post:

Here’s a seven week abortion. I don’t find this any more disguisting than a picture of a typical operation, especially since this picture is blown up several hundred percent.

It was ok to abort this baby because the picture isn’t offensive to him. To add to his conviction, the picture needed to be blown up 100x. So because the baby is very tiny and isn’t cute enough, he has no problem with its killing.

I think the root of the issue is that folks on the pro-choice side say the baby doesn’t have a right to life until someone is willing to speak up for it. This seems backwards to me. People who have vocal advocates are much less likely to be harmed. It is those who have no one to speak up for them that the law and society must protect.

Stout on February 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Hey, maybe you’ll be a bit more reasonable than the last person I asked.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I can’t address the idea of sentencing. That’s an aside, really. I only offered some ideas, to balance things. Not perfect, true.

To better answer your question, I leave it as case-by-case.
One sizes doesn’t always fit all.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Perhaps a good place to start with women who contract to have their infants killed would be an educational program. It would include an intense introduction to birth control with the woman having the option of choosing an inplanted device. It would then educate her on the stages of development of a child and what abortion really is. It would also be a good idea to give her some counseling in self-esteem as well as options for getting out of abusive relationships. If she had a partner then she would recognize him in the abusive mate description. She would then be educated on her alternatives and provided with a support mechanism. That would be the first round. If she were convicted of contracting to have her infant killed a second time then she would have to be placed in some type of half-way house for the criminally irresponsible and monitored so that she didn’t get in the position of trying to kill the innocent again.

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Jimbo, Ive never seen people protesting operations that save life. You are really digging yourself a hole if you think that they do. Yes fetuses are a horrid sight that just have been murdered compared to your pictures of organs during an operation. I still can’t figure out how you justify this slaughter.

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Luke 18:16 (New American Standard Bible)

But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

OmahaConservative on February 1, 2010 at 4:05 PM

OmahaConservative on February 1, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Every word uttered by Jesus surpasses, many times over, the entire platform of the Left.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 4:08 PM

The thing is that abortion is here to stay. You can not get it back in the box and the fact that “Christians” feel they have to pass laws restricting others who believe differently about life is just as bad as the liberals that are constantly doing the same.

Our country is in trouble. It is going to take all of us to stop the 20% of socialist nuts who are trying to change our form of government. I feel that those of you who can not let the abortion issue go have put Obama in the White House just as if you were part of the liberal party. The abortion issue is over and if a law was inacted to say otherwise, it would have the same effect as the passage of the health care issue or cap and trade.

If you really want to do something, get off your asses and preach your word to those who want to listen. I can assure you that the majority of aboritions that I have seen were the consequence of preachers and very true believers that did the dirty and then wanted to escape the consequences.

Finally, have you ever seen a child that is in a family that did not want it? It is not a pretty sight. That alone would make most of you feel that abortion is ligit.

davidcaskey on February 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM

davidcaskey on February 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Feel free to slander Christians, I mean they aren’t exactly going to cut your head off or anything. You people are amazing. Life has no value to you so I should just shoehorn myself into your worldview long enough to do whatever I want to you.

Deal with the mote in your own eye…

daesleeper on February 1, 2010 at 4:23 PM

davidcaskey on February 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Spoken as an obvious abortion advocate, and with the added benefit of confirming my opinion that the United States is in bigger trouble than any of us understand, and that we are more concerned with money than with the blood on our hands.

It’s going to get worse, and you’d do well to note that the social programs and ideals of the left are in direct correlation with the economic woes the left brings to the table. Disconnecting them is unworkable.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM
I did mean it last time, but this time I think you need to see yourself as you are – immature and desiring, to the point of lusting, after the death of helpless preborn infants. And not willing to put yourself up for the killing as you so brazenly put up the unborn. You, who are gung-ho for killing the unborn, shake in your boots at the mere thought of someone harming you for the same subjective reasons that you cheer for in the dismemberment of unborn children.

You really need to listen to what these posters are saying and examine your conscience with brutal honesty.

Why do you desire the butchery of helpless fellow human beings?

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Finally, have you ever seen a child that is in a family that did not want it?

Actually no.

“Christians”

why the quotes?

Wow. 42 million preacher caused abortions per year. That must be a record. Since the black abortion rate is twice the white it must mean the black preachers are really going at it. Except, Jesse Jackson had his love child–go figure. MLK was anti-abortion, odd from your perspective.

end sarc

You are a christian hater. You see any restraints on abortion and Christianity as cutting into your sexual freedom.

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 4:25 PM

A woman`s right to be struck by some bully of a fellow?

Is that part of Planned Parenthood along with the eugenics angle??

Wouldn`t surprise me!

Sherman1864 on February 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM

+1000

I have been saying the same thing, but you put it so much more succintly than I could. I hope that the tea party gets that if we don’t defend the unborn before we think about defending our wallets, then God’s power and blessing will not be with us. And if God is not with us in this battle, we will lose, because we will be unarmed against the devil himself.

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Hearing the moonbat lefties praising abortion, one would have to conclude that they support the complete degradation of our society. The hatred they have for christians speaks volumes too.

mike_NC9 on February 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM

If one were escorting a women who was being called a murderer for wearing fur, eating meat, or some other activity that a vocal group disapproved of they might feel very angry depending on the nature of the confrontation.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Sorry I ain’t buying it. Are you telling me that he slapped a bible out of the hand of a lady to protect another lady? I’m sure she was in great danger from that bible toting terrorist huh? Come on, really.

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Finally, have you ever seen a child that is in a family that did not want it?
davidcaskey on February 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Sure, I’m a case in point. I didn’t want my wife telling me she was pregnant. At the time, I didn’t want a kid and preferred she abort. But I had to make a decision, and the result is my grown son, his wife, and my second granddaughter.

By the same token, I’ve also seen from my short time in law enforcement about children who were ‘wanted’, and how they got hurt so badly, too.

Maybe everyone should just stop having children, to prevent abuse?

I’ve seen libs hurt their children, those they ‘wanted’. I’ve seen liberal guys spend more time in a bar than they did at home. I’ve had the sons and daughters of other people say to me, “I wish you were my dad.”

Let’s get to a final solution the Left might find more preferable: No more having children.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Hey, maybe you’ll get some carbon credits for all the kids you don’t have!

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Haunches, without getting into a huge thing here, artificial birth control is the root of abortion. Also, is responsible for more divorce, cheating, stds and misery than can be counted. It is a grave offense against God and the gift of human procreation. Please read Humanae Vitae by Pope Paul VI, also Theology of the Body by Pope John Paul II and Catechism of the Catholic Church.

All other posters who disagree: Please read same. I don’t have the time or will to discuss/argue further.

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Succinct I may be, but this post hit the nail on the head 110%. It breaks my heart that the tea parties are not about abortion. ><

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Hey, maybe you’ll get some carbon credits for all the kids you don’t have!

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM

*L* At my age, were I to have a baby now, she’d be 18 months younger than my newest granddaughter.

I’d have to call in the entire Dem Party to bullshit my way past explanation of that one!

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Glad to hear Lila Rose is all right.

I guess it depends partly on what kind of difference (or lack thereof) one is trying to measure; as far as the difference goes as to what is in the expecting mom’s womb, I was always told that one is an “embryo” and the other is a “fetus”. A distinction without a difference perhaps? Then who knows why they bothered giving them two different names”? One of life’s little mysteries I guess.

JannyMae on February 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Okay, so what does the pro-life movement think of the following comment, made over 2 1/2 hours ago? I’ve seen plenty of attacks on Jimbo and apollyonbob, but nothing refuting this little gem:

Dr. Pigface halfa lesbo looking tillman [sic] got rototilled into
wormfood.

sonnyspats1 on February 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

(Tillman, the baby killman?) I will go back through the thread & read to see if I missed anyone’s comments condemning this ex post-facto justification of murder.

And yes, he or she may very well be a Moby — lots of similar just-on-the-line comments to his/her name over the last year — but then where is the outrage? I’ve seen three-line comments about abortion generate 50+ line responses in this thread, but nothing whatsoever in reponse to this.

I’m not saying it’s anyone’s responsibility per se to respond to this comment; I’m just wondering why the outrage is, if the pro-life movement of which you speak is so intrinsically hostile to the murder of mass-abortionists like Tiller.

RD on February 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

The other day at Scheels, my dad and I were shopping, and he bought some workout clothes and weights for my brother. On the way out of the store, we had them gift wrapped, and the girl wrapping asked what they were for. My dad replied that we three hit the gym together often, and it was for my brother. The girl bowed her head while tying the ribbons, and said “I wish my dad would do stuff with me.”

Broke my heart on the spot. ><;

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Technically that wasn’t the other day, but pre-Christmas, but yeah. <.< Thought I would clarify.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Ahem, sorry:

…I’m just wondering why where the outrage is, if the pro-life movement … is so intrinsically hostile to the murder of mass-abortionists like Tiller.

RD on February 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

RD on February 1, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Broke my heart on the spot. ><;

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I’ve felt that, too.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM

RD on February 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Doesn’t seem much point rallying people to enforce a guilty verdict according to laws already passed. You don’t see much mention of abolition anymore, either…

Chris_Balsz on February 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM

You don’t see much mention of abolition anymore, either…

Chris_Balsz on February 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Get some oxygen. Slavery ended here in 1865.

Spain and Cuba ended that in the 1880s–long after America did.

What the FUCK is wrong with you?

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Finally, have you ever seen a child that is in a family that did not want it? It is not a pretty sight. davidcaskey on February 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM

I have. My parents were foster parents for 40 years. Many children, that were not wanted, were brought into our home. It was not a pretty sight. You know what was a pretty sight? Seeing that same child smile because someone (strangers in this case) actually showed the child that there are people who care.

That alone would make most of you feel that abortion is ligit.

It will never be legit. Sadly, it is legal. Legitimate, not so much.

Then why provide them a legal means to escape the consequences?

Believing in free will does not mean there are no limits. If my choices cause harm to another, I am required to face the consequences.

Why is this issue any different? Does any one that believes in abortion also believe that an unborn child would have the same views and choose to die?

That is what is always lost in this debate. The choice of the child. The child had no say in the circumstances of how it came to be. The child just wants the same chance that each of us enjoy: a chance at life, to make choices, to love.

Who among us is arrogant enough to believe that any human being should possess the power to deny another human being’s existence?

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 5:06 PM

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Those on the Left, who claim some moral high ground.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Yes, Jimbo, I’ll be honest, because as I can see from your post, you are not.

You and someone by the name of obama have the same dishonest habit of creating straw men and putting words in other’s mouths that they did not say.

Firstly, most of the “bubble zones” created around abortion mills have been stricken down or or in litigation to be struck down because they violate First Amendment rights of free speech on PUBLIC property outside of the abortion mills. These “bubble zones” prevent the peaceful, prayerful and helpful presence of sidewalk counselor to abortion bound mother and unborn child and deny free speech rights to the sidewalk counselor. And even if the odd person did show up and shout bad things at the abortion bound mother, that is called exercise of free speech. I don’t condone it, but it is the right of Americans to speak their mind unless and until it is a public danger/nusiance. And the pro-death juggarnaut has lied and lied with the complicity of the courts and legislatures and have tried to convince the public that the pro-life persons (most of them Christian, how convenient)do not deserve the most basic protections of our nation’s Constitution.

Is the loss of First Amendment rights for pro-life persons is a good thing in your mind?

And some pro-life groups protest, much like a tea party, but this is also peaceful. And if you want to dig up acts of violence against pro-lifers vs pro-lifers who have done violence, it is hundreds of incidents on the pro-abort side. And please don’t act concerned re: violence when you lust for the dismemberment of 42 million unborn and counting.

As far as pro-life persons who have put their bodies in front of abortion mill doors – they are the same people who would have put themselves in front of Auswitz or Dachau – and they are courageous enough to accept the penalty for breaking the law; they do not ask that they be protected from it for these peaceful actions, even though in a sane world, it would be the abortionist hauled away in cuffs and jailed. Even there, pro-life and mostly Christian (and some Jewish) persons are singled out for draconian punishment.
If a person blocked the doors of their local dry-cleaner, they would get a simple trespass charge which carries no jail time and maybe a $100 fine. If an abortion mill door is blocked, the person faces a Federal charge with punishment of a year in jail and a $10,000 fine for the first offense.

Also, just fyi, sidewalk counselors do not go onto private property to speak to abortion bound mothers. All of this is accomplished on public property. It is the deathscorts who come out onto public property to interfere, bully, harrass and sometimes assault, to make sure that no abortion bound mother gets to hear the good news that could help her keep her baby. But you can’t be that uninformed as to think that sidewalk counseling, prayer vigils and pro-life presence happens on private property. Hence, you and obamaarelikethis, baby.

But my question to you still remains: Why do you so badly desire the death of unborn fellow human beings? Also, have you been involved in the abortion of your own or someone else’s child?

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM

They can claim the moral high ground, they will never occupy it.

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 5:13 PM

My biggest bugaboo about abortion stems from the fact I was all for it. Until my bride told me she was pregnant. Then came my valley of decision, and I don’t stray from that.

Tell me, lib males, are you okay with your woman’s killing your child when you were willing to stand up and be a father? Tell us–how do you feel about having any such desire torn from you? You feel good about it, you prefer your politics above your own heart?

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:14 PM

They can claim the moral high ground, they will never occupy it.

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 5:13 PM

When reckoning comes, many are going to be surprised

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Not assault. Assault has to have a serious physical injury, its harassment that’s all. When I read the headline it sounded like she was stomped out and beat down, all I’m saying is its a little misleading to write assault. If we get on the MSM for being irresponsible we should look at what we write as well.

ac1 on February 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM

I believe and teach the same. However, I do think birth control is preferable to abortion. I can’t even wrap my mind around arguing anti-abortion and anti-birth control to these asses who think they should do what feels good at the moment and kill to escape the consequences. They would never grasp the integrity of the person or chastity or self gift.

I know so many adopted people and parents of the adopted. They have all been so grateful that the mother chose life.

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Matthew 21:15-16 (New King James Version)

But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did, and the children crying out in the temple and saying, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were indignant and said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?”
And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read,

‘ Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
You have perfected praise’?”

OmahaConservative on February 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM

“Assaulting them is definitely not. Lila wasn’t hurt, thankfully…”

You can’t have an assault without someone being hurt its incongruous.

ac1 on February 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM

As are my wife and I. We have adopted two.

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Indeed. Some are going to be unpleasantly surprised.

rukiddingme on February 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM

OmahaConservative on February 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Heaven and Earth will pass away, but God’s word will never pass away.

There are going to be so many shocked souls one day.

Imagine a woman, being before the Throne, who meets the eternal spirit of the one she aborted.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM

ac1 on February 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I don’t know if the legal definitions of the statutes for assault and battery change from place to place, but where I live, assault is defined as the threat of bodily harm and battery is defined as touching without permission the body of another person. This touch may be as light as a hand on the arm or as heavy as a fist in the face. Both would be considered a battery.

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM

When reckoning comes, many are going to be surprised

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Amen, brother.

OmahaConservative on February 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

You think we’re going to get judged based on the political policies we supported? That God’s gonna whip out our voting record? Is that really what you believe, or was that just a rhetorical flourish?

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM

You’re going to get judged for continually defending the murder of the unborn.

Try and dance around it by saying it is “only politics”, but ask yourself about in this fashion.

If God thinks that they are human beings from the moment of conception, and you continually maintain that they are not as you toss them in the medical containment bins for disposal, what the frakking hell do you think he’s going to do about it on Judgement Day? Sit and discuss political opinion with you?

Bob, you are truly blind, and we are praying for you.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM

No, we’re going to be judged by our actions and the place where we kept our hearts. We’re going to be judged by our personal acceptance of the Lord Jesus.

Politics is an institution of Man, so that doesn’t factor in.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM

per davidcaskey on February 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Murder in general is out of the box. Slavery has been illegal for 145 years, but IT is still out of the box. Evil in general will continue to happen, no matter what we do. Does that mean we should just forget about laws?

As for the pro-life movement being a Christian thing, I certainly believe that abortion (along with murder, theft, adultery, …) is a sin. But I was opposed to abortion before I was a Christian, and before I knew or cared that Christians had any particular viewpoint on the subject. It just seemed obvious to me that there was no specific point at which we could say it was officially a person, so we should err on the side of NOT BEING MURDERERS.

You and I agree about all of those issues. But let me ask you: if you ad to choose, would you prefer to live in a country that was ideal in every other way, but that practiced slavery, or one that had an overly large government, sky-high taxes, and NOT slavery? If I HAD to choose, I’d take the lousy country that at least didn’t let people own people. In the same way, there is no other issue — I’ll say that again: there is NO other issue — as important to me as ending the practice of abortion.

I can’t say who you’ve known or what you’ve seen; but while I’ve not seen anything like that, it is true that Christians should be more forgiving, not less forgiving, of human failing; and all too often we are not.

Could you please quote me the study that indicates that unwanted children are more likely to be mistreated than wanted ones? And let us not forget that adoption is always an alternative for those who don’t wish to be parents.

RegularJoe on February 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM

If someone were to taunt or condemn a female family member, a lot of guys would jump in. The impulse of men to defend women from abuse is natural.

Whatever happened here, as with most altercations, it probably involves escalation on both sides. The results were minor enough that the police will probably drop the matter.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM

–Actually, tigerlily, it looks like most of them have been upheld.

–Here is a link to the 1991 blockade of Tiller’s offices:
http://www.dr-tiller.com/mercy.htm You will notice that they did tresspass on private property and attempted to shut down the clinic.

–And here’s a link to a sidewalk counselor who has died. If you look at the fifth paragraph, you’ll see it’s written that he would routinely walk onto the private property of the clinic. http://www.emmerich1.com/john_marcus.htm

I have not been involved in an abortion, so far as I know, but I would counsel my daughter to have one and would pay for it. I also have given money to PP.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Homosexuality is a sin.

I would never defend it. Nor would I ever outlaw it.

You keep bringing up my religion, so I will say this:
You may eventually move beyond the need for the system that the churches here on Earth have created for you, or you may not. But either way, you should perhaps take care not to assume that people outside of that system aren’t Christian.

God didn’t tell us to execute the people that disagreed with us – He didn’t even tell us to convert them! Our job is to preach to them.

So, before you put too many people under the guillotine during your Great Terror … maybe you oughta make sure that you’re actually doing God’s work, you know?

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 5:45 PM

mike_NC9 on February 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM

–Your blindness of the hatred of the prolifers for prochoicers is stunning. Go back and read all the posts on this blog today and see who is calling who names. I wasn’t the one throwing out insults or saying that pro-choice politicians should be killed.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 5:47 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 5:45 PM

(O.o)/ If you can sit there and say to my face that we shouldn’t defend our unborn children, then again, there’s something wrong with you personally, and no amount of your hysteria over me is going to change that which is wrong with you.

So, as a Christian, you support abortion rights? Or are you merely playing devil’s advocate?

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Because you wouldn’t want her punished with a baby.
I’m going to go throw up now.

kingsjester on February 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Regarding homosexuality – I stay out of issues that don’t involve bloodshed. Again, not my place, between them and the Lord.

When there’s innocent lives on the line, Bob, I put up a fuss. If you’ve got a problem with that, again, you ought examine yourself, rather than whine about the supposed second coming of the Inquisition.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 5:50 PM

That would be me – and we call it the death penalty, Jimbo.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM

daesleeper on February 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM

–You apparently didn’t read a bunch of other threads last week–mostly legal and economic-related (like the guy who was arrested in New Orleans for trying to figure out what was wrong with the phones).

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Escort, visibly shaking, says, “It’s a woman’s choice!”
Rose says, “What about the baby’s choice?”
Escort says, “It’s not a baby!” Escort turns around and walks away.

Doesn’t sound like she taunted or condemned anyone, she was actually talking to the uniformed escort, and he lost his cool. It had nothing to do with any other lady.

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Because you wouldn’t want her punished with a baby.
I’m going to go throw up now.

kingsjester on February 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM

–Go ahead.

That would be me – and we call it the death penalty, Jimbo.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM

–So you think it’s morally appropriate for you to kill someone who refused to pass a law banning abortion? Isn’t that murder?

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I might add that he was taunting and condemning a woman.

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 5:53 PM

If you… as a leader… support and endorse the slaughter of our children… and vote against the laws which would protect said children… you are party… to murder… and ought suffer the penalty… for murder…

It cannot be said any more plainly.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Jim, You have probably explained yourself in previous threads, but would you explain when you think abortion should be legal an illegal?

Stout on February 1, 2010 at 6:01 PM

“With great power comes great responsibility”, and “to whom much is given, of him much will be required”.

Long story short, the burden of leadership is pretty damn heavy, and when the leaders condone evil, they must suffer the penalty that evil carries. That’s life, which, by the way, you have because your mom didn’t abort you. Call her up and thank her.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM