Lila Rose assaulted by Planned Parenthood escort

posted at 11:45 am on February 1, 2010 by Cassy Fiano

Lila Rose is a well known pro-life advocate. As the president and founder of Live Action, she’s done a lot of really amazing work exposing Planned Parenthood for what they really are: an evil organization looking to profit off of the slaughter of the unborn by any means necessary. They’ll manipulate women into getting abortions. They’ll lie about the science. And time after time, they’ve been proven to look the other way when cases of alleged statutory rape are presented to them. All of this has been exposed to be light thanks to the hard work of Lila Rose. Whether you are for or against abortion is really irrelevant — every parent in America should be against Planned Parenthood for the crimes they commit and the lack of ethics possessed by this organization.

Given all that, it’s really not a surprise what happened about a month and a half ago. While visiting a clinic in San Jose, CA, a male Planned Parenthood escort approached her… and then struck her.

At approximately 11:50am on Thursday, December 17th, 2009, Live Action President Lila Rose was struck by a male uniformed Planned Parenthood escort. The attack occurred on a public sidewalk outside a Planned Parenthood affiliate located at 1691 The Alameda in San Jose, California.

Lila Rose was visiting the abortion clinic with a group of about 20 students and three adults to pray and provide information to women who might be open to abortion alternatives.

According to a police report filed at the scene, supported by several witnesses, the following interaction took place between Miss Rose and the uniformed Planned Parenthood escort:

Rose, from the public sidewalk: “Sir, are you familiar with the abortion procedure?”
Escort approaches Rose rapidly from Planned Parenthood parking lot, says, “You idiot. You’ve caused so much trouble. You piece of crap.”
Rose offers to show Escort a picture: “Can I show you a picture of what it really does to a baby?”
The Escort strikes Miss Rose’s hand, knocking literature and Bible to the ground. Rose steps further back on sidewalk, Escort steps towards Rose.
Escort, visibly shaking, says, “It’s a woman’s choice!”
Rose says, “What about the baby’s choice?”
Escort says, “It’s not a baby!” Escort turns around and walks away.

Police were called and interviewed the victim and several witnesses. Rose sustained no injuries from the attack. Charges of assault and battery are pending. There have been no apologies.

Live Action maintains a strong commitment to non-violent public discourse. We expect Planned Parenthood will respond to their escort’s attack by publicly disavowing the use of violence.

I was asked by Live Action to try to contact Planned Parenthood and get a response from them about this incident. I genuinely wanted to know their side of the story. Have they done their own investigation into this? Is the escort, a Gerard Nordley, still working with Planned Parenthood? Do they have a statement? Will they issue an apology?

I called their public relations department repeatedly for over a month. I left message after message. I never received a single phone call to follow up about this incident, or a single e-mail. This leads me to believe that Lila Rose’s statement is indeed accurate, and that Planned Parenthood is trying to keep this quiet. I understand the role of escorts for abortion clinics, and approaching the abortion protestors is not in the job description. Assaulting them is definitely not. Lila wasn’t hurt, thankfully, but what happens next time? If this man wasn’t even disciplined for his actions, what will keep him from taking it a step further with someone else? And if Planned Parenthood does not discipline this man in any way, or issue an apology to Lila Rose, then you have to assume that they approve of his behavior.

Just one more thing to add to the list of reasons why this organization is truly rotten to the core.

UPDATE: I wanted to issue a note to clear up the confusion surrounding the Gerard – Gerald Nordley website. I contacted Lila to confirm that the man on the website is indeed the man who assaulted her, and she did. Also, the church he says he attends on his website is apparently not far from San Jose, CA. Hope that answers some questions.

Cross-posted from Cassy’s blog. Stop by for more original commentary, or follow her on Twitter!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

WOW! You might consider less morning caffeine.

Wade on February 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I’m the reason? How’s that?

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM

You dare to disagree with the sacred rights of the modern liberal. Therefore you and you alone are responsible for anything that might happen to you.

/sarc

MarkTheGreat on February 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Cognitive dissonance, my boots.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Protesting the facility seems legitimate. Causing emotional difficulty for the women seems less so. It sounds like you do the former. I think the Tebow ad is great and more messages that attempt to change hearts and minds are positive.

Whether PP protesting is analogous to verbally assaulting service men depends on how killing is justified. In either case, it seems more appropriate to criticize the lawmakers rather than individuals who are acting within in the law and who have made an individual moral decision.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 1:39 PM

–Let’s take this to the next step, though. Lawmakers generally do things that voters in their area support. The people in the US taken as a whole are almost equally divided on abortion. If Roe v Wade, some states would make abortion almost totally illegal, while others would implement fewer restrictions. So why criticize the lawmakers, if they’re generally responding to the positions of the voters.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

–I have thought about it and have made my decision to support it. So, what are you going to do about people like me who make you sick?

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Pray. What else can I do?

RegularJoe on February 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

/sarc

MarkTheGreat on February 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I perceive! The ultimate evolution of “guilt by association”! :D

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

but I do think the woman also should do time

I often hear people wanting to let the woman off the hook. As a woman and a mother, I don’t. I would first like to see the industry go, then the “doctors”. I can’t imagine a woman, who is educated about abortion, would choose it.

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Pray. What else can I do?

RegularJoe on February 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

This reply makes you a badass, senor.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Pretty much. But, this thread has been enlightening. During the height of the Obamacare debate you kept spewing deliberate lies about how abortion funding would work in a way that wouldn’t violate the law. It was all misrepresentations of the truth. There was always something devious about the way you kept coming back to this one issue and now it is clear. This for whatever reason is a hot button where you are unwilling or unable to understand why others do not share your commitment to killing off human beings if the female finds them inconvenient.

At the very minimum, abortion should be based on parental rights. The female may be the vessel but the male had a part in creating that life and should have a say in wheter or not to kill it.

highhopes on February 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM

–B.S., high hopes. I did not lie at any time about abortion funding and ObamaCare.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM

There are thousands. The Catholic Church has pre counseling, post counseling, places to get baby supplies and money, places to live while pregnant, and adoption services. They walk the walk. They have signs up on almost every church that beg women to come in, talk, get help.
I’m not quite sure why scholarships should be offered though. A reward?

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Those are great. I’d donate to them. By scholarships, I mean some form of incentive to offset the economic effect of carrying a baby an additional six-months and going through labor. Some women will (or be forced to) make decisions for financial reasons.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM

A definite double standard here. The guy shouldn’t be executed … But he should be charged with a misdomenor and removed from his excort duties.

HondaV65 on February 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Never going to happen. And it would be a double standard if he was charged. They do not file charges on deminimus offenses in California.

Blake on February 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Thank God her face wasn’t harmed.

Narutoboy on February 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM

No offense, but that’s a load of crap. Okay, maybe a little offense, but you’re trying to pull a snowjob on me to cover your cognitive dissonance. It’s intellectually dishonest at best.

There’s a ton of crimes that you’re not qualified to judge, as you’re not, you know, a judge.
But if a person commissions a murder, regardless of your qualifications, our judicial system HAS to be able to. But, to you, someone can comission a murder but not be responsible because of peer pressure? Really? That’s how you’re going to explain that away? Peer pressure? What OTHER crimes can be committed that can be explained away with peer pressure and “I can’t judge them it’s between them and God,” Mr Huckabee? Or is abortion a special kind of murder?

Pointededly ignoring the politicians, (You’d jail them for making laws you don’t like? This isn’t Zimbabwe.) and regardless of central person with motive getting free of a criminal conspiracy, you’d throw the doctors in jail then?

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

PP received 305.3 million in federal funding in 2008.

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Google some images of abortions. Late terms, partial birth etc.. Then come and tell me again, how there’s nothing wrong with it?

capejasmine on February 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

That being the problem, ma’am. We cannot be certain as to the education of the women in question.

Knowing the women I do who have slowly withered away after their own abortions, and the toll it has taken on them, I am inclined to do nothing but pray for them, and be there when they fall apart a little sometimes with a shoulder to cry on.

I share your conviction that people who know what the process really is have no excuse, but to stand in judgement of them is beyond me, at least, because I can never be certain who knew what when, and what is going on inside their heart.

As someone said in the Tebow thread, I believe it was senor Badgerhawk, intentions matter. The scared and oppressed women who go through with this are victims as well, in my mind, and their suffering and anguish is yet more coals of fire heaped upon the heads of the villains who wrap this heinous practice in ribbons and smily t-shirts.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I think that a woman should be allowed to terminate her pregnancy for at least the early stages of her term. That said, I do not think that a woman has the “right” to an abortion, nor do I think that the “unborn” have “rights.” The only rights involved are those of the 10th Amendment, which have been trampled, and our right to vote on what we want the laws in our states to specify.

With that background about my personal abortion position, this assault on the lady is obviously despicable. It is also a clear refutation of the hypocritical claims of the pro-choice advocates of some moral high ground in terms of promotion of violence.

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Sorry folks, here being hit on the hand is NOTHING compared to the Baby who has it’s limbs ripped off while the baby is alive.

Poor pro-choice people will ONE day stand before God and give a reason why they chose to kill the most innocent amongst us…and BTW: There won’t be a SCOTUS or ACUL lawyer to represent them.

will sass u on February 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Well said!!

gina4 on February 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Dr. Pigface halfa lesbo looking tillman got rototilled into
wormfood.

sonnyspats1 on February 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

I don’t mind if you wanna be offensive. Go for broke.

Listen well, as this may surprise you. Your reading comprehension is nil. Or, if that is not the case, it is your powers of imagination and extrapolation that are faulty.

There are many women who are deceived by our media, our leaders, and the “doctors” themselves. I cannot judge them, because I cannot know their hearts.

As to how I can not judge others, as I said, we may stand as a jury of peers – wrap your brain around it a bit, and it may sink in like a good marinade – and exercise our God-given knowledge of what is right, and what is wrong.

Again, by smooth talk and flattery the people are deceived. Perhaps some women are not deceived, and go in to an abortion knowing full-well they slay their child?

I cannot know. I follow the law and say innocent until proven guilty. Sit back, and ponder, rather than type, until you can understand this very simple concept.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM
—————-

WRONG!

fossten on February 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM

You can even tell here, how the so called Pro-Choice crowd has to go into total insane denial mode to keep doing what they are doing.

They love to paint themselves out to the victims of course. How ironic when the most innocent are the true victims of course.

They serve evil and are, in the end evil themselves.

TiminPhx on February 1, 2010 at 1:56 PM

How anyone can sleep after an abortion procedure is beyond me! I know someone who came very close to committing suicide after having an abortion. It wasn’t until she got to a point where she felt she could forgive herself that she got over it. That took getting right with God.

Abortion is an abomination and a blight on our country.

Voter from WA State on February 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Read this, and meditate on it, Apollyonbob, for this is exactly why I posted what I did.

I grieve for your friend, Voter.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:56 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Jail for genocide.

That’s funny.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Although I personally consider these matters at most mitigating circumstances, I’m going to try to make the case for leniency for women having abortions, should we pro-lifers ever prevail and make abortion illegal.

The argument is that a woman who has just learned she is pregnant is often under enormous social, economic or other pressure as a result. At a time when her hormones are going totally berserk, she is faced with the prospect of informing a boyfriend, a husband, a parent, an employer, a priest — any number of people who may disapprove or from whom may come, at best, judgment, and at worst, physical harm. The same may NOT be said for the abortionist, who we can presume will NOT face dire consequences for refusing to perform an illegal abortion. As such, I would certainly consider some leniency due to mitigating circumstances, just as I would to a woman who kills the boyfriend who beats her; but since it is not the baby who is at fault in this case, I could never EXCUSE her for taking its life.

I feel the need to point out that saying something shouldn’t be excused is different from saying it shouldn’t be forgiven. One is a matter of judicial outcome, the other a personal attitude. I’m in favor of forgiveness for people who are repentant.

RegularJoe on February 1, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Because lawmakers signed up for the criticism, and a voter doesn’t have to be in the majority to vigorously voice his opposition to a lawmaker.

Within Roe, and further Casey, there is much legislators can do to restrict abortions further. You are right that the politicians will only respond where the votes are, and it is interesting to see when some abortion questions are put on the ballot how the votes go. One reason why I think the Tebow ad is the right direction, is that hearts and minds need to be persuaded before the abortion issue should be a key political question for Presidential races.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Doin’ time, is she? Got slapped with a nasty sentence, all right. Damn, the injustice of it all..

gina4 on February 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM

WRONG!

fossten on February 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM

According to the CBS News poll, 47 percent of Americans want to prohibit all or most abortions and 16 percent want them to be greatly restricted.

About 30 percent of those polled want to limit abortions to the very rare cases of rape, incest or life of the mother and another 12 percent want abortions allowed only in when the pregnancy threatens the mother’s life. Another 5 percent said abortions should always be illegal.

Just 31 percent of the public wants to permit abortion in all cases.

–So how is that “not almost evenly divided”? I’m missing this.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM

A link to a bunch more polls, to further prove my point.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

My last comment, then I must return to work. Does anyone remember the Arthur DeMoss pro-life PSAs back ten or fifteen years ago? They were fantastic, and I’ve heard that the number of abortions declined while they were airing. It’d be great to make abortion illegal; but I’d rather put PP out of business due to lack of demand — and that means reaching women with a message of hope for themselves and their children. That’s where most pro-lifers expend most of their effort; we just need others to join us — donate your time, your money, your prayers, your word-of-mouth to a local crisis pregnancy center. Love your daughters, and be sure they know that, while you expect the best of morals from them, your love is not contingent upon their moral perfection. THAT is how life wins.

RegularJoe OUT.

RegularJoe on February 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

KinleyArdal

I don’t think you really understand how the rule of law works, you’re not answering any of my questions. That aside, for the moment.

Lets go back to how woman are ignorant of how abortion works.

Perhaps? Seriously? So women are deceived into comissioning a murder, which excuses them from punishment, because most of the time, according to you, they don’t really know what they’re doing.

That’s an amazing defense. Seriously, this isn’t the 1950s.

The unwillingness to discuss any specifics must be some kind of defense mechanism. Like you know you don’t want to start executing doctors wholesale, and/or imprison teenage girls, but you need to call it murder (or genocide – used incorrectly here, but it sounds so much stronger) for political gravitas so … Gotta square that circle somehow huh?

You wanna know how I sleep at night? Not well, but that’s because I actually think about my beliefs. I think life starts at conception, but if we start calling abortion murder, that means we have to treat everyone involved in the process like its a murder conspiracy. Because that’s how the rule of law works.

Once you make a law, you make a punishment for it if someone breaks it, otherwise you bring down the whole system.

Or we could do what you do, I guess. Mumble something about the Bible and genocide knowing full well that abortion will never be outlawed so you’ll never actually have to answer the question.

Must be … blissful, I guess.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

–There’s really not much more that I can think of that can be done besides parental consent/notification for minors, a waiting period and informed consent, no public funding and a requirement that an ultrasound be done or made available. What am I missing?

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM

I didn’t read any assault in the account of the events.

Sorax on February 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

What the hell? If life begins at conception, and you kill that life, it is by definition…..murder. It’s not complicated. You are some kind of squirrelly!!

gina4 on February 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I didn’t read any assault in the account of the events.

Sorax on February 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM

What’s that? You don’t read?

gina4 on February 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

That’s an amazing defense. Seriously, this isn’t the 1950s.

Must be … blissful, I guess.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I make no mumblings, and I quote Scripture, because believe me, bucko, the day is coming where anything *I* might do will be a far cry away from the hailstorm of justice God brings down.

If you don’t care or don’t agree with that, frankly, m’dear, I don’t give a damn. :D

There is nothing at all blissful connected to the topic of abortion. This topic cuts everyone involved to the quick. Your flippancy doesn’t change that, no matter how you wish to reframe it in your mind.

Finally, to clear up two points -

1. “You know you don’t want to start executing doctors wholesale…”

…au contraire. As I said, jail for genocide is laughable. Execution. To those who don’t like it, or to Jimbo, who will undoubtedly make mention of how I don’t want to kill people – frankly, m’dear, the killers don’t account for the vast populace. Death penalty. end of discussion.

2. “or genocide – used incorrectly here, but it sounds so much stronger) for political gravitas so … Gotta square that circle somehow huh?”

Well, I could call it murder of fifty million, but when you deal with numbers like that, a more heavy-handed word seems appropriate. Thus, I chose genocide.

Words do have meanings – but the lot of us are armchair generals, and if the best you can do is argue my syntax, you’re going nowhere fast.

In review – politicians and planned parenthood doctors – execution. Everyone else – not my place. And yes, it’s genocide.

Any questions, Bob?

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Yes and no.

Yes, this should be a matter of those on both sides of the issue working to change hearts and minds (and that includes Tebow’s add, although I’ll probably take his appearance as a good time to grab another brew), with the laws being made to reflect the majority opinion.

No, this should have nothing to do with the Feds or Presidential politics. The decisions rightly belong with each of the states.

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Any questions, Bob?

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

–So in other words, you think any politician who doesn’t vote to make abortion totally illegal should be killed?

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Incidentally, I’m still waiting on crr6 for an explanation of how threatening I am to women’s safety. o.o Given all that I have posted.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

I stand by that. What would you have me say? Murder is excusable because it’s defended by current law?

To hell with your pacifistic baiting! At the top of our lungs we are screaming about fifty million dead infants, and you are trying to claim moral high ground against my supposed psychosis. Have at it as long as it pleases you, but don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I will most likely catch hell for this but…I’m not sure a slap at the hand, as base and childish as it is, constitutes assault. I’ve been on both sides of this street and have been punched, kicked, spit on, and clubbed with picket signs. This was a shoving contest.

Getting wrapped up in a legal fight over a shoving contest doesn’t accomplish the mission she set out for. Ignore it and get back to work saving the lives of the unborn.

When I read the headline I thought she had suffered some of the same I endured/offered up back in the day. We, the pro-life movement, make ourselves out as fools when we make a big deal out of something like this.

Pilgrim on February 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Murder is the illegal taking of a human life. By definition, when abortion is legal, whatever you think of the procedure of humanity of the zygote/embryo/fetus it is not murder. You are not just wrong, but a malicious, self-righteous pig, seeking only to demonize those you disagree with. Your words add nothing but ill will and vitriol to any debate among civilized people.

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM

The left stands in the way of women truly understanding what they are doing. The “escort” in the above exchange doesn’t think it is a baby. He has been convinced otherwise. The left wants abortion. They like it. It helps their case; destruction of the family, destruction of religion, dependence on the state. Society has been over sexualized; the schools teach fisting to minors. The question is why? Why do you want to kill the unborn? Will that get you votes or money? Why convince women that it’s a harmless procedure and a bunch of cells? Profit and a desire to remove morals from the public sphere. When you get people used to killing the children they can’t see how long before you can get them used to the idea that you can/should kill those other undesirables–those who don’t support the state. It’s been done before.

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Let me or any other current or former PJ (USAF Pararesue Specialist) be standing next to her and he would have been dropped, period.

PJ Emeritus on February 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Each of the 50 states varies greatly on the legality of an abortion. Here is an overview from a Pro-Choice perspective.

Additionally, following Casey and Gonzales v. Carhart, SCOTUS appears open to more narrowly interpreting Roe.

Of course, politicians who take a stand get to feel the heat from either side, which ultimately is a good thing. I agree with you that America is about evenly divided on the abortion question, and that the numbers can change greatly based on how the question gets asked.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

I won’t quibble with that.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM

That’s easy, and I’ll stand in here.

If you oppose abortion at all, you harm women. And you might be a redneck.

That’s about sum of the leftist view on this matter. Which is why they’ll trot out the notion that depression over an unexpected pregnancy is a medical matter, but have yet to commission a solid study of depression and other ‘harms’ to women caused by abortion. To my knowledge, no such study has ever been proposed by the scientific geniuses who think abortion is just dandy.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

No. It is not legal to take a life maliciously, intentionally and with premeditation. Abortion fits the legal definition of murder. Murder is illegal. So it’s not a matter of what the law SAYS, it’s a matter of the law not being enforced.

Not hard to understand.

Narutoboy on February 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Believe it or not, there are sincere, caring Conservatives who also think that a woman should be free to choose to have an abortion. I suggest you try painting with a smaller brush :-)

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Slavery was okay, because it was defended by existing law at the time.

Go say that to Al Sharpton, or somewhere in Harlem. See whatcha get!

Life and death do not change because of human law, Brutus. Absolute right and wrong exists beyond your shallow worldview of legislation, and I am neither insulted, nor honored, to be poked at by someone with such a fantastically weak-minded opinion as that which you just disgraced the internet with.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

One of the reasons the Left and Planned Parenthood is up in arms about the ad, is well, let Abe Lincoln explained it (from the Cooper Union speech):

… what will convince them? This, and this only: cease to call slavery wrong, and join them in calling it right. And this must be done thoroughly – done in acts as well as in words. Silence will not be tolerated – we must place ourselves avowedly with them. [The] new sedition law must be enacted and enforced, suppressing all declarations that slavery is wrong, whether made in politics, in presses, in pulpits, or in private. … The whole atmosphere must be disinfected from all taint of opposition to slavery, before they will cease to believe that all their troubles proceed from us.

Substitute “abortion” for “slavery” and you’ll just about have the gist of it.

PackerBronco on February 1, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I see none of the pro abortion people have responded to after seeing the pictures of aborted fetuses could still support abortion. Why are the pro abortion folks against letting these pictures be seen?

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Haunches on February 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I concur with this statement in its entirety. Point-blank and absolutely correct.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Isn’t this kind of language kind of incendiary?

highhopes on February 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

*epic sarc tag*

In other news, Congress declares that *insertethnicgrouphere* are no longer considered human, and have passed legislation okaying hunting season, slavery, and random shootings on them. You may kill them safely, and to heart’s content, because it is federally protected.

Brutus, the more I think about your reply, the more flabbergasted I am. Go suck a lemon, your brain is set to off, seemingly permanently.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:34 PM

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM

They rightly fear the backlash. I do wish they’d make a reply about it, though. The lack of spine is rather disappointing.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

And I’m one of them. I believe, and would vote accordingly if I ever have chance to vote on the matter, that abortion be legal in cases of threat to the life of the woman, and in cases of rape and incest. But…

The choice of abortion should be taken in the first trimester in the two latter cases, because three months is enough time to make a decision. In cases of threat to the woman’s life, that should be case-by-case.

Maybe my view isn’t perfect, but I’ve settled in my head it’s a reasonable balance. I can’t see requiring a woman who’s been raped or been target of incest be required to carry the baby to term, but at the same time can’t see her ‘changing her mind’ in the 8th month of the pregnancy.

Risk of the woman’s life needs to be open rather more, because anything can happen at any time.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Pilgrim on February 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

You will find that lots of things can be considered assault. Even just the act of laying a hand on someones shoulder (if uninvited and unwanted) can constitute assault. But I do agree with you that there is not much to this other than the fact that this jackass is a, well, jackass.

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I hope that some day that you have the chance to influence others of the correctness of your opinion and have it mean something. That’s the terrible mistake of Roe v Wade. It took away our right to self-determination.

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Hehe…yeah. PJ Emeritus made a great point earlier. If Jackass was trying to “assault” this poor woman he failed. I’m sure PJ and I would be happy to tutor him in the subject. ;) Jackass richly deserves an intensive study session in the subject of “assault”.

Pilgrim on February 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

You’ve confused the concept of murder with the rule of law.

Murder is the taking of another’s life. The law has (wrongly IMO) declared that killing a fetus is not murder. That doesn’t mean that the fetus is not a life only that abortion falls into a category of state-approved killing that includes the unborn, criminals, and the incurably ill.
Put another way, Planned Parenthood’s abortion factories may not be working outside the law but that doesn’t mean they are not killing.

highhopes on February 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Yes,Jimbo would you comment on the pictures of the aborted fetuses? Do you know where the fetuses are buried after this medical procedure? I know you don’t consider them to be humans yet and would you favor abortions even after the baby is born? I was just wondering.

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM

KinleyArdley

Okay so you’re insane and don’t believe in the rule of law. That answers the vast majority of my questions except for one. Which I shouldn’t ask … but …

You spare the women? In your mass executions to uphold your social gospel, you kill everyone involved … but not the people who actually pay for the procedure, who actually comission it, who actually say “Yes do this”, who are the lynchpin, and without whom none of it could happen – those you spare.

Is it really just because you feel women are incapable of making their own decisions or is there something else?

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM

An Afghan baby was killed and a woman wounded during one such NATO-Afghan operation targeting militants in central Afghanistan on Saturday, the international force said.

Grow Fins on February 1, 2010 at 12:32 PM

In the war in Afghanistan they target militants, At Planned Parenthood they TARGET women, babies and children. My question to you is: Using anyone of these TARGETS and can you explain the difference between battery and assault?

sweet pea on February 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM

sweet pea on February 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Thank God her face wasn’t harmed.

Narutoboy on February 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Ya’… I think I’m in Love.

ronnyraygun on February 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Thanks!

Roe stole from us. The Left thinks it’s some Panacea, but I’d love hearing from some hard-core lib guy whose girl chose to assassinate their baby about how much he ‘hurts’ for her decision. No study on that any more than there’s been a study on the effects on post-abortion women for their choices.

There are liberal guys who’d step up to try being a genuine father, but they’re stuck because they have no say if their woman terminates the pregnancy. I’d love knowing how those guys might feel, if they stand by their liberal notions or embrace something else.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Legal =/= morally right.

fossten on February 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Thanks!

Roe stole from us. The Left thinks it’s some Panacea, but I’d love hearing from some hard-core lib guy whose girl chose to kill their baby about how much he ‘hurts’ for her decision. No study on that any more than there’s been a study on the effects on post-abortion women for their choices.

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

If I thought that – I’d be killing them myself. However, I suppose I would have been one of the “silent majority” who did nothing in Nazi Germany.

It’s the taking of human life – and abortionists are murderers. If there are people out there who kill them who do so to stop this madness and they’re willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice when caught – then I’ll not judge them.

HondaV65 on February 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Women who visit PP ‘clinics’ are not making their own decisions. They’re lied to and persuaded, all to serve the gigantic money making maw that is the abortion industry.

fossten on February 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Pilgrim on February 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I would like to take him to school myself. Where I come from you don’t treat a lady like that or someone will show you what an assault is.

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Would one of you intellectual superior individuals out there kindly prove to me that the life growing in a woman’s womb is not a human being? And before you say it’s a clump of cells, remember, so are you.

kingsjester on February 1, 2010 at 2:53 PM

MJBrutus on February 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

So when Hitler authorized the killing of the Jews – he made it legal for his officers to do so.

Why then did we hang them after the war?

If a soveriegn can make anything “legal” then the lefties shouldn’t complain about the war in Iraq being “illegal” – since Bush technically made it legal? :P

HondaV65 on February 1, 2010 at 2:53 PM

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

The guy is probably a milquetoast coward who is a closet wife beater. He can’t handle a woman talking to him a certain way so he slaps her.

fossten on February 1, 2010 at 2:54 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM

And you’re insane and try, yet again and so predictably, to turn replies in a thread on the defense of a pro-life woman into some kind of backhanded reverse misogyny.

Congratulations, you have won the award for the most idiotic poster of the year! :D

Social gospel, I kinda like that. It runs straight counter to this idiotic leftist mantra that politics and religion need be completely seperate, as though the religious convictions of the populace (or lack thereof) have absolutely no influence upon the beliefs that they then bring into political life.

Again, you’re an idiot, but approaching moron.

You also ignore what I have said repeatedly about open deceit, the women who consider/go through with suicide after the fact, and the general air of this concept called “mercy” which escapes your neanderthalic brain.

Now you’ve passed moron, and entered spam-bot mode.

And then you invoke the phrase “rule of law”, where we sit in a thread howling about how the “rule of law” is currently protecting the mass slaughter we are protesting.

You.

Are.

An.

Idiot.

I don’t know what to say, Bob, you’re past help. Have a nice day.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM

fossten on February 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM

They’re adults.

I’m not referring to the case of minors, at the moment. That gets things too complicated.

I really shouldn’t have to say anything more than, “They’re adults.” should I?

Personal responsibility, and all that jazz, wot wot.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM
Isn’t this kind of language kind of incendiary?

highhopes on February 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

–Well, high hopes, he apparently does think any politician who doesn’t vote to make abortion totally illegal should be killed. My guess is that most of the conservatives on this site would disagree with him.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:56 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM

That’s it? “They’re tricked” so they get a pass?

They’re not adult, they’re not responsible for their own decisions, because they’ve been tricked?

Okay, I just figured it was something more complicated than that.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM

fossten on February 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Lots of people understand, but you seem not to, Bob. I don’t think your idea of slaughtering all the girls will be very popular around here, where we recognize that oftentimes, they, too, are victims.

It is not a difficult concept, and I will pray earnestly for you to come to understanding in the future.

By the way, if you have trouble sleeping at night because of your beliefs, your beliefs are probably the problem.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Yer a winner bobby dear :D

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM

kingsjester on February 1, 2010 at 2:53 PM

–I can’t prove that to you. You can’t prove to me that it should be treated at all stages as equivalent to an air breathing humanbeing.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM

conservnut on February 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

He may have felt he was coming to the defense of another lady who was being insulted. He let his anger get the better of him, but there was little force used.

If one were escorting a women who was being called a murderer for wearing fur, eating meat, or some other activity that a vocal group disapproved of they might feel very angry depending on the nature of the confrontation.

dedalus on February 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM

One more time, Bob, I’ll say this slowly, so you can understand, given your halfway understanding when you said

I really shouldn’t have to say anything more than, “They’re adults.” should I?

Personal responsibility, and all that jazz, wot wot.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 2:56 PM

You’ve reached the conclusion I’ve been throwing your way.

It’s complicated. Case by case. No generalities. Innocent ’til proven guilty.

Bob, you’re killing me here.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Jimbo, I was treated equally by my parents from the time I was conceived until the present. They never have deserted me or took a scapal at me. You seem to think slaughtering these fetuses is ok and God is all cool with that. I can’t figure out how you can justify all this.

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Why then did we hang them after the war?

HondaV65 on February 1, 2010 at 2:53 PM

–I’m not aware of any specific legislation passed in Germany that authorized the killing of the Jews. There was legislation passed that restricted their behavior and called for their deportation.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM

“Guilty ’til proven innocent”.

In other words, you would advocate legalization of killing a sentient being that you do not feel “proven” to be a sentient being.

Even though you know GODDAMN WELL IT WILL BE IF YOU LEAVE IT ALONE.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Uh… ed… don’t think you have that link to “Gerard Nordley” correct.
In fact I would hazard to guess that it is WAY off from being the right guy, and probably will not appreciate you linking him to this story!
I could be wrong though?

redhead on February 1, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Here’s a seven week abortion. I don’t find this any more disguisting than a picture of a typical operation, especially since this picture is blown up several hundred percent.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM
“Guilty ’til proven innocent”.

Even though you know GODDAMN WELL IT WILL BE IF YOU LEAVE IT ALONE.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM

–Yes. Are you going to try to kill me and my family now? Or only when you’re done killing politicians who won’t vote your way.

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Ideology has nothing to do with this. Even though the male made half the contribution, the law does not give him any rights and actually discourages the creation of nuclear families. In fact, society places a higher premium on abortion than pro-family/pro-child policies.

highhopes on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Jimbo, most operations are pictures of body organs and most of the time the patient will survive the surgury. Your pro abortion fetus pictures promote death and are the opposite of the pictures of operations that you have seen. Remember there is no recovery room for the fetuses.

garydt on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Remember the ethics you studied in Law School? Waitasec. That’s a silly question.

The placenta is the fetus extension into the mother, where it functions as the interface between the two. Like the radiator of a car, which is a heat exchanger, the placenta is a nutrient and waste exchanger.

cc doctor.ndtv.com Question #2 on the page, How do fetuses breathe?

kingsjester on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

To the libs: You make it an evil, a crime by statute, to destroy the eggs of a Spotted Owl. Those eggs are zygotes, right? That have potential. So that’s why it’s a crime to get those eggs for an omelet.

How about using that same reasoning about a mere turFcken bird, of all thing, in the matter of human abortion?

Liam on February 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Jimbo3 on February 1, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Fortunately for you, your mamma didn’t find you disgusting at the seven week point.

highhopes on February 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

And herein, ladies and gentlemen, is why you cannot argue with a person dedicated to their cause.

Jimbo shows us, what we all know to be a human being in its most vulnerable state. He shrugs, and says to us “it doesn’t look any different to me than a typical operation.”

Doctors perform most operations to save and lengthen life.

This process Jimbo displays ends it all before the life can even speak for itself.

This is the face of the enemy. there can be no compromise in the topic of abortion – one must win, one must lose. Vote, campaign, donate, do everything you can to fight these people. This is the battle that defines our very humanity.

If we will not rise up for this, then the American dream is truly destined to die.

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

From the above by Cassie Fiano:

“I understand the role of escorts for abortion clinics, and approaching the abortion protestors is not in the job description.”

Cassie, I don’t know whether you have ever sidewalk counseled or prayed at an abortion mill where pro-abortion “escorts” were present. When I read your article with the above statement, it sounds like you have not. The sentence implies that there is a legitimate purpose for the abortion mill “escorts”. There is none.

Let me tell you what I have seen and personally experienced in my years of sidewalk counseling experience with these troublemakers at many major abortion mills, Planned Parenthood included.

In short, let me give you their “job description”.

At any opportunity strike the hand or pull pro-life literature out of the hands of sidewalk counselors

swarm and surround an abortion bound woman from her car to the abortion mill so that she is blocked from speaking to or receiving any pro-life conversation or pamphlet. I have seen women try to escape the ring of “escorts” who surround them and they will not let them free until they are delivered inside of the mill, where another “escort” makes sure they get right up to the front desk and sucked into the registration process.

If a sidewalk counselor does happen to engage an abortion bound mother or father in conversation, the “escorts” step in between the sidewalk counselor and the abortion bound person, loudly interrupting and telling them that the sidewalk counselor is a liar and not to be trusted and that the pro-life literature that they have been given should be handed over to the escort. All this is done as they hustle the woman along into the mill.

An “escort” will “bounce” themselves off of a sidewalk counselor and then fall to the ground claiming that the counselor struck of pushed them to the ground. Then police are called while all of the “escorts” insist that this assault and battery took place.

Abortion mills bring “escorts” or as they are more appropriately called, deathscorts, onto the scene to make sure that the abortionist makes his or her money. They don’t want to lose even one penny of their grisly trade to a mother changeing her mind because she was given compassion, truth and a place to get real help in her crisis by a pro-life counselor. The abortionisists claim the deathscorts are needed to protect the women from pro-lifers, but that is just another one of the their web of lies.

The deathscorts are usually culled from anarchist/atheist college groups or ACT UP and Queer Nation. They are angry, violent, foul mouthed in the extreme and DO NOT want an abortion bound woman to have any choice but abortion.

So, Cassie, if you understand the above, and I have not even given a complete picture of the havoc these people create, then you understand the “role” of an abortion mill escort. And yes, assault and battery IS in the job description, not to mention blocking the exercise of First Amendment free speech by confiscation of pro-life literature and blocking pro-life speech, and Fourth Amendment rights to privacy as they listen to, interfere with and forcibly break up private conversations between abortion bound mother and sidewalk counselor.

tigerlily on February 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

KinleyArdal on February 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM

That’s not really how the law works, I’m afraid. And with good reason – how can you possibly have a deterrent? But that doesn’t really matter I guess because law is unimportant to you – based on everything you’ve said to that effect, anyway.

But that’s all I was looking for. I at least know what conclusions your paths lead to.

I’d wish you luck, but you’d destroy America … so … au revoir.

apollyonbob on February 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM