Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on January 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

“Accepting the invitation to speak at the House GOP retreat may turn out to be the smartest decision the White House has made in months. Debating a law professor is kind of foolish: the Republican House Caucus has managed to turn Obama’s weakness — his penchant for nuance — into a strength. Plenty of Republicans asked good and probing questions, but Mike Pence, among others, found their arguments simply demolished by the president. (By the way: can we stop with the Obama needs a teleprompter jokes?)

“More than the State of the Union — or on top of the State of the Union — this may be a pivotal moment for the future of the presidential agenda on Capitol Hill. (Democrats are loving this. Chris Hayes, The Nation’s Washington bureau chief, tweeted that he hadn’t liked Obama more since the inauguration.)”

***
“Pressed on who had the upper hand, Luntz conceded: ‘Obama had the advantage. But he always has the advantage’ because he’s President. Luntz said it was a boon to Obama, because he ‘demonstrated bipartisanship before a national audience.’

“But Luntz said he’d counsel Republicans to do it again. ‘It was good for Republicans — it put them on the same level with the president and it will get their ideas heard,’ he said.

“‘I would advise both sides to do it again,’ Luntz said. ‘It should become a tradition. It demonstrates respect for the political process when both sides engage in debate.’”

***
Today:
“I mean, the easiest thing for me to do on the health care debate would have been to tell people that, ‘What you’re going to get is guaranteed health insurance, lower your costs, all the insurance reforms, we’re going to lower the cost of Medicare and Medicaid, and it won’t cost anybody anything.’ That’s great politics. It’s just not true.”

September 9:
“The plan I’m announcing tonight would meet three basic goals. It will provide more security and stability to those who have health insurance. It will provide insurance for those who don’t. And it will slow the growth of health care costs for our families, our businesses, and our government…

“Now, add it all up, and the plan I’m proposing will cost around $900 billion over 10 years — less than we have spent on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and less than the tax cuts for the wealthiest few Americans that Congress passed at the beginning of the previous administration. (Applause.) Now, most of these costs will be paid for with money already being spent — but spent badly — in the existing health care system. The plan will not add to our deficit. The middle class will realize greater security, not higher taxes. And if we are able to slow the growth of health care costs by just one-tenth of 1 percent each year — one-tenth of 1 percent — it will actually reduce the deficit by $4 trillion over the long term.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I’m so awesome. (Applause.)

kahall on January 29, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Sorry but I thought Obama sounded rather arrogant and condescending in the answers that he gave. It was also very obvious that he had nothing but contempt for the people he was speaking to.

Hellrider on January 29, 2010 at 10:35 PM

He still lied. How does this make him look better?

TXMomof3 on January 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM

. Plenty of Republicans asked good and probing questions, but Mike Pence, among others, found their arguments simply demolished by the president……
(By the way: can we stop with the Obama needs a teleprompter jokes?)

The clips I heard today, in no way showed Obama demolishing anyone. Obama demolished himself with his own double speak and BS.
Second question… No!

katy on January 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM

You couldn’t pay me enough to sit in a room with that ahole.

txag92 on January 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Oooo, he’s tinglin’.

leftnomore on January 29, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I did not watch the whole thing. From what I did see he sounded like that same old “blame everyone (Bush) but me” tool he always is.

Babino on January 29, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I’m still waiting to hear that the SCOTUS has hit him with a contempt of court charge.

MikeA on January 29, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Prime Minister/part/King/but all full of Royal Sh*t!

Hail,Hopey/Changey!!!!

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 10:41 PM

the smartest decision the White House has made in months.

If cheap words are the best thing they’ve done in months, they’re in even bigger trouble than…um…they’re still in the same predicament they were in in the first place.

FloatingRock on January 29, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I think this should become common practice. Every president should do this. Opposition can go nuts. Maybe if the President faced the opposition the language and politics wouldn’t get so heated…and we can have a SERIOUS debate.

terryannonline on January 29, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I could tell by the leg tingle it gave Allahpundit that the media was going to be pure orgasmic.

chief on January 29, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Babino on January 29, 2010 at 10:38 PM

How dare he point out that the economy was doing horribly before he took office!

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

bona fide liar

bluegrass on January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

He did somthing good after a year (arguable as that may be)? Well I guess that makes me an idiot for not voting for his awesomeness, huh?

thevastlane on January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Why is it that everytime BHO opens his mouth, some brain dead idiot writes some piece of garbage like this or some talking head calls it a “teachable moment”, yet his poll numbers and confidence in him continue to drop?

Why is that? Huh?

madmonkphotog on January 29, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

And like your screen name, his policies have been the same.

Babino on January 29, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Well , he was part of it as a present senator.

the_nile on January 29, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Hellrider on January 29, 2010 at 10:35 PM

That was my impression too. And Obama didn’t demolish anybody’s argument, he simply dismissed it when he was penned and deferred it to later discussion.

What I really thought was informative is that Paul Ryan got Obama to admit in front of the TV that the Republicans had indeed submitted ideas but only in the beginning were they considered and Ryan got the correct impression from Obama that those ideas weren’t considered because Obama didn’t believe they met “his test”.

Texas Gal on January 29, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Obama hasn’t spoken the truth, ever.

I’ll wager that tomorrow he’ll be back to closed room deals and shutting out the Republicans

Kini on January 29, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Listen guys, I’ve looked at your plans, and we’ve included the good aspects into our bills. You shouldn’t oppose what I bring to the table just because its not everything you want. Besides, there are no credible economists who support what your bringing to the table as a whole. Got it? I won.

El_Terrible on January 29, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I thought Obama did better then his has been doing, by a wide margin.

But I also thought it was condenscending and juvenile at times.

Spirit of 1776 on January 29, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I happened to see a clip of this on msnbc and Olbermann was practically giddy about it.

They said it was great for Obama. Then they showed it on Greta and Obama mentioned that c span was there for some committee hearings, which Greta said correctly that there are always cams there for that.

Then Obama says that the republicans are trying to paint the HC bill as a communist takeover.
See, here’s the problem that O has: Nearly everybody on all news channels says he’s not engaged enough on the hill.
He lets Pelosi and Reid have the reigns. They turn the bill into a far-left bill and Obama doesn’t even know whats in it. Remember the July presser? Ya, O sounded clueless about what was in his own HC bill.

Does he even know what’s in these bills? Pelosi and Reid are making them, he isn’t. Then he comes up there and says “I’m not an ideologue! I’m really not! I’m the most common sense guy you’ll ever meet!” Man, does that sound familiar to me talking to my left wing family.
After they spout the most left wing crazy talk, they say how common sense and practical they are.

O’s doing that now. None of Pelosi’s and Reid’s bills make any sense and he’s trying to say, he’s waiting for republican input but , ya know, they just aren’t putting too much effort in.

Oreilly said the other day he thinks Obama loathes Pelosi. Well O has given her so much power, and so little oversight, it would be hard to tell.

I guess the one question you gotta ask Obama is: Does the right hand know what the Far left hand is doing?

btw, when he yells and whines like he did today he sounds bad.
That’s one big reason why I’m glad Bush never complained much. But unlike Obama, Bush almost always got what he wanted from congress.
Hm wonder what that implies.

B Man on January 29, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Yeah he lied, but it sounded good.
The GOP just shot themselves in the foot. Nice idea you idiot Boehner. You gave Obama more positive publicity even from the establishment elite on the right. Ugh.

cubachi on January 29, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

We got it after about the 1,000 time he pointed it out. Time to move on and tell us what you’re going to do to fix it. That’s what most responsible adults with jobs would do. Is he going to blame Bush for the next 3 years? If it’s too tough and he can’t hack it then perhaps he should quit.

thevastlane on January 29, 2010 at 10:54 PM

As I stated on the earlier retreat thread, Obama poops gold. Deal with it! /sarc

NathanG on January 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM

This whole set up just ended up being a Boehner for Obama.

portlandon on January 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM

On Bipartisanship,Obama claims,er lied that Team
Republican were holding up his magnificent Agenda!

Team Liberal have a Super Majority,they don’t need
the RIGHT,and have essentialy side-stepped any
discussion with the right,on policy matters,or
Hopey’s Agenda,

and yet,BrokenAxleRod,and Obama are using the Repub
lican Party as a scapegoat,an excuse,as to why they
can’t git er done!!

So,again the talk’n point,is that poor widdo ol Bama
has the mean ole bad Publicans holding up his Socialist
Utopian Dreams!!!

NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
==========================================================
Glen Beck had a great analogy,about how the Republicans
were in his Moms coffee can under the sink,and yet,Liberals
had the gall to blame them,if anyone has that video,its,
great!!

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM

“This is the moment we have all been waiting for; where we can hope for the change that brings a new sense of hope for the change we have hoped for.”

Save yursef some time, this is what happendid:

Obama assails Republican foes, urges bipartisan effort…

Like that sh!t will work. Maybe barry should read How to Win Friends and Influence People instead of The Post-American World.

I guess you could say barry corn-holed the turnip again.

Geochelone on January 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM

MEMO TO THE RNC
===================
Obama is becoming a Lame Delusuion Duck,like a Loon
on a lake in earlier morning as the mist lifts off the lake,

please,ignore the DUCK!!!!!

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Man, does that sound familiar to me talking to my left wing family.

Sounds like the me and the rest of the family talking to my Democrat dad. He talks about how much he’s a centrist and can’t stand the pundits on both sides and then takes off on a diatribe about Bush “lying us into war” and socialism being basically being hunky dory here in America.

NathanG on January 29, 2010 at 10:59 PM

In the few seconds I could stand to watch I immediately noticed one thing. Obama immediately refuted the premise on which the question to which he was responding was based.

This suggests that the left is trained to frame their arguments based on assumptions that guarantee the answer they are looking for. Republicans never do this. Only now are a few beginning to learn. In the cases where he could not refute the premise, or could not refute the argument, he talked about something else avoiding the question.

A second thing the left is doing is making an assertion that can not be refuted without considerable research. Look at that September 9 excerpt in AP’s post above.

It is just maddening that republicans can not field candidates who can deal with these debating techniques.

Skandia Recluse on January 29, 2010 at 11:00 PM

This whole set up just ended up being a Boehner for Obama, the media, and Obama butt-lickers everywhere.

portlandon on January 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Fixed it for ya. Couldn’t resist.

NathanG on January 29, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

He gets elected in November, and the economy then has the worst month since ’74.

Yeah, that’s Bush’s fault. /s Couldn’t be general business uncertainty of a redistribute the wealth guy + rehashed failed statist economical policy. Taxing to distribute money takes money out of the economy to put it back it. Nonsensical.

Spirit of 1776 on January 29, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Watching the whole video right now. Yep Obama did pretty good.

terryannonline on January 29, 2010 at 11:04 PM

The economy really fell into the crapper when it became apparent that McLame was gonna be the candidate for the Republicans.
You can’t tell me that if we had President Thompson or President Romney today that the economy would not be in nearly this bad a shape.

Lanceman on January 29, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I don’t get it. I didn’t watch this little get-together, but how is it possible that Obama acquitted himself well to any serious GOP questions. He has no solid arguments to fall back on, which means he would have had no choice but to lie.

Is Dr. K saying that Obama lied convincingly? If so, then it means only that if one lies long enough, and often enough, one becomes very good at it.

pugwriter on January 29, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Fixed it for ya. Couldn’t resist.

NathanG on January 29, 2010 at 11:02 PM

LOL. Obama’s agenda is on life support, and the Republicans just infused it with life.

Stupid Repubs must have taken Obama’s threat at the SOTU seriously. Chicken shits.

portlandon on January 29, 2010 at 11:05 PM

The lecturer in chief is being exposed for what he is…a lame duck after one year.

d1carter on January 29, 2010 at 11:06 PM

I blame you,
I blame the Special Interests
I blame the Lobbyists
I blame the RIGHT,Center,Left
I blame everybody whos out to get me
I blame the DoorStop
I blame America
I blame anything,everything,into ad nausem to the millionth
power,

cause,it anin’t me,I have been the WON I’ve been waiting for,and its all YOUR FAULTS,you Tea Bagging Tea Party Patr
iots,you bitter clinging bible hugging gun polishing birth
ers,

its YOU,THEY and THEM who are ruining my awesome one term
Presidentcy!!!

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:07 PM

portlandon on January 29, 2010 at 11:05 PM

You finally might gonna get rid of Wyden this year?

Lanceman on January 29, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Talking to a couple members of my family months ago about the HC bill, they said it was a great idea for Obama to let Pelosi and Reid take it over. Like Obama being totally involved was a bad thing. Then he gives a presser and sound like an idiot. Brilliant idea geniuses.

I personally don’t trust Obama at all, but if he had a sane speaker to deal with and a normal senate leader to deal with, we’d know for sure how “practical” he is.
My guess: not very.

He’s just full of bs. He reminds me of a few people I’ve known who are just totally full of crap. They don’t seem like a-holes, but everything they do undermines what they say. Then when you don’t like it, well, it’s ALL on you.

B Man on January 29, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Obamas entire strategy (the leading dems too) is to convince the public that the Repubs are as much to blame for our national problems as he is (they are). That and only that is the bipartisanship that they are interested in.

docdave on January 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I have never heard so much Bolshevik Bullshi!vik in my entire life.

Geochelone on January 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

How can you debate a lair. His point isn’t nuanced, it’s bullshit.

liquidflorian on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

So today,he berated the Republicans at his meeting!!

Question,when will the Republicans stand up,and walk out on
this assine,out of touch so-called,AWOL Leader of the Free
World imitator!!

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Is he going to blame Bush for the next 3 years?

thevastlane on January 29, 2010 at 10:54 PM

No, but he is going to correct the record when you guys claim that he ruined the economy.

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:07 PM

And about that time you swat little President Stewie on the back side and send him to bed without diner.

Electrongod on January 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Electrongod on January 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM

diner = dinner. Only one “N” on the keyboard.

Electrongod on January 29, 2010 at 11:12 PM

….and Obama gave another speech. Who gives a rats a**.

Our expectations for leadership in this country have dropped to about…nil.

Wine_N_Dine on January 29, 2010 at 11:13 PM

No it won’t. The only video clips, and the only sound bites that the general public will hear from major media outlets are the good ones from Obama.

In the same way that Obama and the democrats dismiss the republican point of view with a wave of the hand, the major news media will ignore the republican sound bites that show an alternative point of view.

Skandia Recluse on January 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Question,when will the Republicans stand up,and walk out on
this assine,out of touch so-called,AWOL Leader of the Free
World imitator!!

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

It’s asymmetric warfare. A president – this president – can call his opponents liars and crooks and if they respond, “that’s not true”, THEY’LL be called rude. You just gotta suck it up.

Think of it this way, Bambi’s been pushed back to the 2 yard line over the past 3 months and he just threw a pass to move his team to 15 and a 1st down. That’s just life and politics. Sometimes your opponent wins. This was a win for Obama but the whole rest of the game is still ahead of us.

PackerBronco on January 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM

barry goes on a partisan polemic with exaggerated hyperbole while urging for unity and common ground.

Geochelone on January 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Here’s a little newsflash for you: Adding to the budget deficit with two nearly one trillion dollar stimuli and healthcare “reform” costing over a trillion does not “correct the record,” nor does it reinvigorate the economy. Bush may have started the gaping hole, but Obama and the Democratic congress are widening. I will agree with him on one thing. They need to raise taxes on the rich when the timing is right. Maybe when he starts saying that instead of talking like a four year-old and saying, “HE STARTED IT!” I will actually respect his opinion. Not happening anytime soon apparently.

NathanG on January 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Talk is talk. That is expected from Obama. Now will he walk the walk?

Answer: I doubt it.

csdeven on January 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Is he going to blame Bush for the next 3 years?

thevastlane on January 29, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

He brings it closer to the abyss faster then anyone before him.

the_nile on January 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Oh and remember. Obama poops gold.

NathanG on January 29, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Look at what caused the crisis and look at who created it, defended it, and denied it was a problem until it crashed the economy.

If you can be that honest with yourself.

Hog Wild on January 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I have never heard so much Bolshevik Bullshi!vik in my entire life.

Geochelone on January 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Geochelone:According to Rush today,the Communist Party of
the USA,are endorsing every thing that breaths
out of Hopeys mouth,in regards to his policies
and agenda!:)

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM

If Obama says that he is not a communist, then he knows nothing of his own religion.

Compulsion is communism.

OldEnglish on January 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Talk is talk. That is expected from Obama. Now will he walk the walk?

Answer: I doubt it.

csdeven on January 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM

This.

The only thing that really matters is who he surrounds himself with?
Emanuel? Check.
Axe? Check.

So, someone’s going to tell me that he’s this all-new centrist and Mr. Bipartisan with those two morons still on his ear?
Ya, I don’t think so.

B Man on January 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

If you can be that honest with yourself.

Hog Wild on January 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I’m waiting for Obama to take Barney Frank and Crew to task for refusing to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac……

NathanG on January 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

This.

The only thing that really matters is who he surrounds himself with?
Emanuel? Check.
Axe? Check.

Ya, I don’t think so.

B Man on January 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

They poop gold too.

NathanG on January 29, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Didn’t see any of it, but by the responses here I have to ask. Who idea was this? Did Moabama invite himself?

Itchee Dryback on January 29, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Nonfactor: You guys are priceless,Obama could walk into
a kindergarten class will a flame thrower,on
tape,

and you guys,would somehow,someway,say the fault
lies at the feet of the Republican Party!!!

Obama meeds to see a shrink,ASAP!!

For,the good of America,of course!

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I didn’t see it because I was gone, but was it really that big of a deal? Is it actually going to move his poll numbers?

Emily M. on January 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Geochelone:According to Rush today,the Communist Party of
the USA,are endorsing every thing that breaths
out of Hopeys mouth,in regards to his policies
and agenda!:)

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I heard that as well on Rush today. That little factoid speaks volumes. Thanks for reminding me. I knew it was another gem from the lovable little fuzzball at the EIB network.

Imagine the Communist party USA has no complaints with barry. Funny that.

Geochelone on January 29, 2010 at 11:32 PM

The House GOP needs to stop engaging the president because he is giving cover to the real culprits and the ones up for reelection this year-the Congressional Democrats. While the President rearranges the terms of the debate and gives lip service to bipartisanship to the House GOP, the Dems plot how to get health care and the rest of their radical agenda through.

The president will be credited with making the effort to reach out to the GOP (thus not shutting them out) while Pelosi and Reid go their merry way in pushing the same radical agenda of 2009. My advice is to not engage the President and insist on having engagement with Pelosi and Reid, who are loathe to incorporate GOP ideas in any of the proposals they’ve past in 2009. The Democratic calculation is simple, pass a bill completely made and passed by Democrats or start all over and pass a watered down compromised bill that has GOP ideas in it. The GOP cannot afford to lose sight of the ball (the November elections) in an effort to mollify the President and his deceitful talk of bipartisanship. Leave the national fight with Obama to GOP 2012 hopefuls like Palin and Romney and engage the culprits up for election this year Pelosi and Reid.

milemarker2020 on January 29, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Obama: A legend in his own mind!!

…but the little boy in the crowd keeps shouting that the Emporer has no clothes….and he’s beginning to convince many, many others…

landlines on January 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM

He displayed a familiarity with Republican proposals that seemed to astonish those who asked questions of him. And at the end, Republicans rushed up to him, pens and photo cameras in hands, wanting autographs and pictures.

Someone’s spinning frantically.

4shoes on January 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Okay, who exactly ruined the economy? It seems to me that both sides are guilty but since the President had an R next to his name they get all of the blame. Newsflash: R’s were not in power for all eight years. This President had a vote and voted the wrong way himself so how can he possibly consider himself blameless? I’ll give you this though, plenty of R’s were acting like D’s and that’s part of how this mess was created. Both parties can take the blame for this economy as far as I’m concerned.

thevastlane on January 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM

NathanG on January 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Don’t hold your breath waiting for that to happen. That’s “social justice”, and we all know where Obama falls on that issue.

Hog Wild on January 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:07 PM
——————————————

Electrongod on January 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Electrongod: These last two days of Obama are Surreal!

When Obama was elected,he went on a World
Tour,HERE I AM,and then apologized and bowed
to almost every leader,

then,after a dismal year of failure,in the last
two days,Hopey has blamed the RIGHT,and chastiz
ed the Rublicans today in his I WANT TO WORK
with you guys,but YOU GUYS are the problem!!!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!:)

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Debating a law professor is kind of foolish:

I don’t think he’s ever been a professor.

(By the way: can we stop with the Obama needs a teleprompter jokes?)

Doesn’t matter. It’s all still only words words words. Windbaggery.

Obama’s agenda is still a non-starter. Now pull your pants back up, Ambinder.

ddrintn on January 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Emily M. on January 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM

No, and no. The O-bots are desperate to have something to hang their hats on. It’s been a while.

ddrintn on January 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

(By the way: can we stop with the Obama needs a teleprompter jokes?)

Let’s see: Using a teleprompter in a grade school. Using a teleprompter when addressing a meeting with 20 people. No, I don’t see the teleprompter jokes going away, no matter how many tingles Obowmao sends up your leg.

Thank God for Ed Morrisey, or Hot Air would really be down the toilet.

rmgraha on January 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Allah, you are such a flippin’ head pimp! Love this don’tcha.
Sorry, (shakes head sadly, but feels really confident)…the article you linked to, and all the comments about the left’s jubulence (sp)[when are you going to get a spell checker on here????]are uber astro-turfing.
The MSM has doubled down: “The ONE is back!” “He kicked those Republican keesters back in the can!” “He chided them like little kids who got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.”

NOPE, sorry, I don’t see it. I thought that he looked like a petulant 16 year old whose parents took the car keys away. Said teenager is standing in front of Mom and Dad, and the lecture begins this way:

(Teenager, at top of lungs, stomping, foot shaking finger and periodically turning in circles punching air:)”@#%&*&$! I’m sick and tired of you treating me like a @#$#@#%$ child. You will not treat me this way! Do you hear me#%%&&*? Do yo#$$#@ing hear me????!!! I’m telling you right now, this is going to change or I’m #$@@@%$ing out of here…you’ll never @#$%ing see me again!!!!! (choke, choke, sniff, sniff).

“Now, give me #$%^&ing tenbucks to go get some @#@#$ing McDonalds, because I refuse to eat #$%^^%ing dinner in your
#%$^^ing house.”

Chewy the Lab on January 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Anything that moves his poll numbers is going to be temporary and the bump won’t even be that much.

He just sounds so bad when he blames everything on Bush.
Bush didn’t blame Clinton every 2 secs for terrorism problems.

Ya, we get it, the economy was bad under Bush for various reasons, ok Mr. president, move along stop freakin blaming and start fixing it. Jeez.
Course his policies scare the living crap out of businesses in this country, so don’t expect employment miracles anytime soon.

His (Pelosi and Reid) bills are totally anti business and then he yells at Wall street and bankers.
He gives them two fingers then says “start hiring, NOW!”
McFly!

B Man on January 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Got a problem with this…
Although it shows the two sides of the same coin disregarding us on the edge of oblivion…
How does it really serve the people with all this flatulence ?
Besides, I wouldn’t give this usurper the satisfaction of the venue…
smokem’ if you gotem’…

jerrytbg on January 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM

He voted for every single spending increase in his short political career. Yes, he did ruin the economy, both before and after becoming precedent; he’s just doing it a lot faster now.

rmgraha on January 29, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

How dare we point out that Chicago Jesus was supposed to fix it.

ddrintn on January 29, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Chewy the Lab on January 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

That’s pretty much what I saw too.

B Man on January 29, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Obama: A legend in his own mind!!

landlines on January 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM

landlines: Legends,me likey!!

Maybe thats whats eating Obama,he arrived
in the WH,with no experience,and no prior
life experience accomplishments,so,hes get
ting bitter,that after a year has gone by,
ZIP,and hes got three years to go,and he
still has nothing to hang his hat on!!

Me things,he becoming desperate to git sumpin
done!:)

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:46 PM

SmartEST? As if there are several to compare to? As if the White House has ever done anything smart, at all? LOL. I can’t think of a thing.

Debating a law professor is kind of foolish:

WHo was the law professor? Did they invite someone else?

He lied. Some of the GOP folks let him get away with it. But we all know they were lies.

Demolished? How so?

(By the way: can we stop with the Obama needs a teleprompter jokes?)

Not until the Indonesian imbecile can ween himself from TOTUS.

neurosculptor on January 29, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Chewy the Lab on January 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Yeah, I’m trying to remember which argument it was that Obama “demolished”. Ambinder must’ve watched something different.

ddrintn on January 29, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Thank God for Ed Morrisey, or Hot Air would really be down the toilet.

rmgraha on January 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Friendly HA tip – QOTD means Quote of the Day…meaning neither AP or Ed write any of it.

thevastlane on January 29, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Nonfactor on January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Things had calmed down quite a bit before he took office. It was when he was inaugurated and he started spouting crzy talk that the market took a nose dive. He then talked about “irrecoverable recession” and other insanity in order to scare the country into having his Porkulus signed, sight unseen – you kinow the one where the AIG bonuses was slipped in but no one knew because no one was allowed to read it and then The Precedent and Dodd and everyone said they didn’t know and it slipped in by itself …

You folks have really short memories. It’s amazing because the records are plentiful and avaiable to everyone. Just read through the archives of Hotair to see what was going on day by day.

neurosculptor on January 29, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Means nothing, Obama is all BS and nobody was watching anyway.

echosyst on January 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Obama: A legend in his own mind!!

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Don’t ya know, try to understand, he’s a Magic Man.

Geochelone on January 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM

This was a win for Obama but the whole rest of the game is still ahead of us.

PackerBronco on January 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM

PackerBronco: That I understand,so then,by Obama’s own
hand,he is pushing away,and is about at
the end of his Political Capitol!!!:)

canopfor on January 29, 2010 at 11:58 PM

This was too stupid for words. The GOP had BO and the dims on the ropes and they give him a vehicle to crawl out from under his own self made incompetence. This reminds me of what Bob Micah would do.

I am just amazed that they did this thing.

Jdripper on January 30, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I would like to see a LOT more debate and a lot less posturing. Debate helps everybody and is good for America. It helps me get my arguments straight and it helps me understand the opposition and its motivations better.

If Obama weren’t so fake this might have been a good exchange.

Mojave Mark on January 30, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Don’t ya know, try to understand, he’s a Magic Man.

Geochelone on January 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Geochelone: Excellent tune,heres one for Hopey!!:)
================================================
King Crimson – 21st Century Schizoid Man

canopfor on January 30, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Means nothing, Obama is all BS and nobody was watching anyway.

echosyst on January 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Agree 100%. I didn’t watch. Saw 5 minutes of MSNBC tonight and saw they turned this “event” into a two hour special hosted by Olbermann, Matthews and Maddow like it was an election night, but because this guy is on television daily and people have to not only turn off the TV but unplug it to get away from him, he’s like background noise now no matter what he’s droning on about, and with who.

Marcus on January 30, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Bottom line is, Obama has had 60 votes in the senate.
He’s had an overwhelming majority in the house.

Democrats complaining about republicans obstructing while at the same time having 60 seats is like someone complaining they got a BMW when they wanted a Rolls.

It’s absurd to be complaining about obstructions when you have a super freakin’ majority.

So now that the senate is 59 seats he’s going to whine about republicans being the problem. I really hope people (who know this even happened) see through to how ridiculously absurd his complaint is.

B Man on January 30, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Don’t ya know, try to understand, he’s a Magic Man.

Geochelone on January 29, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Too bad someone didn’t have the foresight to buzz the place with a gunship blaring Barracuda.

jerrytbg on January 30, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I watched this and am now convinced Obama is a exceptional liar – oh wait I was already convinced of that. Yes he said many things, now wait for them to happen.

allrsn on January 30, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I watched it, Anderson Cooper aired the entire exchange, which must be a freakin’ record, but you can tell the Leftist press is all hands-on-deck on trying to prop him up. I have to give him credit for ever so well destroying the “fiscally conservative” mantle of the GOP crooks in front of him. He was good for the Leftists until he said that even when he ‘inherited’ $8 trillion in debt, he added “and we added $1 trillion to that”. FAIL!

Apologetic California on January 30, 2010 at 12:11 AM