Dem sources: Senate “fix” for ObamaCare could add another $300 billion to price tag; Update: Dems ready for reconciliation, says Kyl

posted at 7:33 pm on January 28, 2010 by Allahpundit

The bill in its original form was projected as costing $849 billion over 10 years. Slap on another $300 billion in programs added via reconciliation to placate Pelosi and you’re now talking about a bill in excess of the magical $1 trillion mark.

Of course, that’s only if you use ReidMath. If you use real-world math, where you start counting when the bill finally kicks in instead of five years before that, the original cost is … $2.5 trillion.

And really now. When you look at it that way, what’s another 300 bil on top of that?

ABC News’ Rick Klein and Jonathan Karl report: The renewed optimism voiced by some Democrats over the prospects of passing a health care bill may be just a little premature.

Though House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is saying she thinks she can pass the Senate version of the health care bill if the House and Senate can agree on changes by using the budget process, the price tag for those changes could approach $300 billion, Democratic sources tell ABC News. That’s a figure that’s likely to give moderate Democrats sticker shock.

Speaking of reconciliation, Hugh Hewitt’s been teasing an interview with Jon Kyl where apparently he’ll say that the Senate has finally decided to pull the trigger and go for it. I tried waiting for the transcript, but who knows when it’ll be up. Hewitt’s teaser sounds pretty certain, though. Headline: “The Zombie Health Care Bill Is Out Of Its Grave.”

Senator Jon Kyl relays reports –very reliable reports according to Kyl– that Congressional Democrats have indeed decided to use reconciliation to resurrect the remains of Obamacare, despite Massachusetts, despite the public’s continuing and still growing dislike of the bill, and despite the jam-down ultra-partisanship such a naked power play and perversion of Senate rules that such an approach entails. I will interview Kyl in the second hour, and a transcript will be posted shortly thereafter.

What’s odd about this is that both Landrieu and Mark Pryor made it sound this morning like the bill was in coma and on the verge of death. Any reason to believe them instead of Kyl? Well, Kyl’s claim could simply be a feint aimed at goosing conservatives into launching a hopefully final salvo against the bill and finishing it off. But Pelosi sounded a bit more confident than usual last night. Who’s lying? And who are the lucky 50 who are going to have to swallow hard and vote for a bill that’s likely to be hundreds of billions of dollars more expensive than the public was told?

Exit quotation: “There wasn’t much discussion about the implications if the thing went the other way.”

Update: Here’s the Hewitt transcript. Sounds serious this time.

HH: It’s remarkable, but let’s get to the news of the day. There is some talk that the Democrats are going to try reconciliation, a jam down of their bitterly divisive, and almost certainly wrong-headed health care plan. What can you tell us about this?

JK: This is kind of breaking news. As you say, we’re just hearing it. We haven’t been formally advised, but we have it on relatively good authority. And this would be what they call the nuclear option. This would be we can’t do it with 60 votes, because now we have a new Senator from Massachusetts, so we’ll do it with 51. Now it’s called the nuclear option, because it really upsets all of the tradition and precedent within the Senate which on a really big bill on the magnitude of health care, would always have strong bipartisan support, and therefore the 60 vote requirement really doesn’t matter. But here, using an arcane part of the budget that ordinarily relates to tax cuts or tax increases, it doesn’t relate to comprehensive bills with a lot of substantive provisions in them, but just changes in the tax code, usually. They’re going to try to rewrite this bill to, where it would only need 51 votes, and still accomplish most of what the bill will accomplish. Now what this will do is let the Blanche Lincolns and Ben Nelsons and Evan Bayhs and other to say oh, I can’t go along with this now. And of course, that’s exactly what their constituents want to hear. But it doesn’t matter, because their votes in effect at this point don’t count. They don’t matter. All it takes is 51 Democrats to vote for it, and it becomes law. It remains to be seen how long the process will take, and whether, and how much of the provisions of the comprehensive health care reform that we’ve been looking at can be scooped up into this legislation. But it now appears the Democrats are going to try that.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

What spending freeze??

El_Terrible on January 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Kill the bill.

OmahaConservative on January 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Sooner or later the money hole is bound to get full.

Holger on January 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM

night of the living obamacare

be very afraid

cmsinaz on January 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM

How much will the Cornhusker Kickback cost the other

56 states?

OmahaConservative on January 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Looks like we ain’t out of the woods yet, guys. Now we know why Barry spent so much time on healthcare in his speech last night.

When does Scott Brown get seated or does that matter?

Knucklehead on January 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I see him standing in the rain
Raindrops falling on him
He doesn’t even seem to care
He stands there and smiles as if just at me

And I know
(I know, I know, I know, I know)
He will make me rich and happy
(rich, rich, happy, happy).
Money in his hair
Money everywhere

I love the Money Man
Oh, I don´t know just why
His Hope and Change simply catches my eye
I love the Money Man
He seems so generous and kind
He sweeps thoughts of $$$$$$$$$$$$ into my mind

I know I have to say bravo
(bravo, bravo)
He smiles over at me
It’s as if he takes me by the hand
And we walk
To the Bernanke’s bank alone

And I know
(I know, I know, I know, I know)
He will make me rich and happy
(rich, rich, happy, happy).
Money in his hair
Money everywhere!

MB4 on January 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Toto is getting to pull the curtain back. There is no health bill. It’s dead. They don’t have the gumption or the leadership ability to do it.

SouthernGent on January 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM

They’re going to destroy the country.

Kensington on January 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM

That’s a figure that’s likely to give moderate Democrats sticker shock.

And insecurity about their jobs in 2011, for something that won’t offer any benefits until 2013, when President Palin takes office.

Steve Z on January 28, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Is gazillion a real number? We might have to start using it.

Nosferightu on January 28, 2010 at 7:42 PM

magical $1 trillion mark.

Tis nothing for a skittle-shizzing unicorn.

ICBM on January 28, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I’ll soon take all my troubles over to Obama Rue
You know The One with the teleprompter and the never ending Hope and Change shtick
He’s got a pad down on Pennsylvania avenue
He’ll be passin’ out little bottles of Obama Potion Number Nine

I’ll tell him that I’m having trouble with my health care and mortgage payments
It’s gotten even worse in these last few weeks
He’ll kiss me on the cheek and he’ll made a magic sign
He’ll say “What you need is Obama Potion Number Nine”

He’ll turn around and gave me a wink
He’ll say “I’m gonna have my Michelle make it up right here in the White House sink”
It’ll smell like Chicago, it’ll look like socialist printer’s ink
I’ll hold my nose, I’ll close my eyes, I’ll take a drink

I won’t know if it is day or night
I’ll start grabbin’ all the trillions that are in sight
But when a wheel barrel full of it won’t even buy an asprin
It’ll break my little bottle of Obama Potion Number Nine
Obama Potion Number Nine
Obama Potion Number Nine
Obama Potion Number Nine

MB4 on January 28, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Yeah, the price of ObamaCare is awful, but I wouldn’t want to be handing all that new power over to the feds even if ObamaCare only cost 10 million.

myrenovations on January 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Honey, let’s freeze spending on the heating bill. We’ll use those savings to go to Cozumel.

Hey, this government finance stuff is easy!

BobMbx on January 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM

How much will the Cornhusker Kickback cost the other

56 states?

OmahaConservative on January 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Actually Omaha, to qoute Obama verbatim when moronic statement he said “..I’ve been to what…57 states, and 2 to go.

That would make it 58.

Archimedes on January 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM

“I will not sign [a bill] if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period.”

How many times did he say it???

CriticalUpdate on January 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Flippin typos! Man.

Archimedes on January 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Whats $300 billion between libs, eh?

BobMbx on January 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Another $300 billion? A drop in the ocean at this point. Heck, make it an even trillion.

Cicero43 on January 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Archimedes on January 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Don’t worry, your math is still better His.

BobMbx on January 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Election Day can’t come soon enough.

SoulGlo on January 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM

$300 billion? No problem.

We’ll cover it with more bank fees and taxing the rich!

BacaDog on January 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM

These idiot liberals are going to bury every one of us.

rplat on January 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Someone who’s done this sort of thing before should start a pool where we predict the start of impeachment hearings.

AubieJon on January 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Cruising for a bruising.

Terrye on January 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

CriticalUpdate on January 28, 2010 at 7:44 PM

There are no American tanks in Baghdad…..None! I double gaurantee you…

Are we sure Baghdad Bob retired?

BobMbx on January 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Could be that Landrieu and Pryor were speaking up exactly because they don’t quite have enough opposition yet. They might be trying to publically position themselves on the other side now that they are in too deep, in hopes a few others will come along and pick sides. Right now I am pretty sure we have those 2, with Nelson, Bayh, and Lincoln as no’s. Beyond that I am not sure.

McCaskill, for one example, still seems to be trying to play it down the middle. I think she’s a pretty critical senator at this point…I’d like her to be taking a stronger stance before I write all this talk off.

Of course, it could also be a song and dance to try to convince their bases they’re really, really giving this the old college try too.

stldave on January 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I just still can’t get over the fact that people like you believe there is any chance of these evil people letting this thing die. How can you honestly sit there and not think they will do anything they can to get this passed? This is the goal of a lifetime for this merry band of Marxists, and they got so close they could taste it, and spent a year trying to get it done. You think they’re going to say “well, looks like we can’t get it… time to go home”? And don’t be heartened when they pass some Obamacare Lite BS… Remember what Harkin said, they just need a “starter house” to build on.

This is why I couldn’t understand why everyone was acting like the Brown win in MA was that big of a deal, legislatively speaking. It was a rallying cry, showing that we can throw these people out this fall… But 59/41 isn’t that different than 60/40 when it comes to passing stuff right now. Beck broke this down today so even a child could understand it.

RightWinged on January 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM

These stories of ObamaCare coming back to like are getting to sound like Elvis sightings.

It’s not ObamaCare anymore, now its ZombieCare.

pedestrian on January 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Meanwhile, another Sen Judas Nelson (D) NE campaign ad for 2012 just aired on The Fox Report.

OmahaConservative on January 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Obama, Pelosi, and Reid still don’t get it. But they will when this travesty is finally put to death. Or they all get trown out of office after ramming this thing down our throats.

Rovin on January 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PUSH THIS ALL THE WAY TO NOVEMBER.

PappaMac on January 28, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Of course you (all) realize these cost estimates are all SWAG.

Skandia Recluse on January 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Or they all get trown out of office after ramming this thing down our throats.

Rovin on January 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Throwing them out of office is little comfort if this is “rammed down our throats” and your kid cuts his or her hand – drive to the closest hospital you used to use – the ER will be closed. Then go to the next nearest. Sorry, closed. See you downtown in about an hour buddy, Yeah, way down there.

Marcus on January 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Democrats – Money grow on trees, doncha know?

yoda on January 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM

ZombieCare- I love it. This should be pretty fun to watch. If the dems succeed in jamming this thing through, it will virtually guarantee a huge republican sweep in 2010 and should then be repealed.

LASue on January 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I’m starting to think that Rove somehow engineered the Obama election in the first place so that Obama could help lead the Dems over the cliff and into oblivion. Nothing else could explain this march to destruction.

Rove, you magnificent ba$tard!

DrW on January 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Hey it’s less than a third of a trillion! No biggie! I mean, at least it wasn’t a gazillion!

noworldcitizen on January 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Marcus on January 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Hopefully, enough of them will be thrown out that this thing will be repealed. If nothing else the Republicans could refuse to fund it. I hope.

Terrye on January 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Now where`s my pitchfork and angle grinder?………

ThePrez on January 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM

TWO FIXES….

Throw every single incumbent out of office in November that will not support immediate passage of a Constitutional Balanced Budget Amendment.

Begin Impeachment proceedings immediately against Barack Hussein Obama (for flagrant failure to uphold his primary duty) “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States”.

If Obama doesn’t get forced from office will the Republic survive?

Paging Breitbart or Andrew Young clones….we need video!!

:-)

PappyD61 on January 28, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Nope, won’t believe a word they say until they vote on the floor…. Fool me once…..

kringeesmom on January 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Rush was alluding to this earlier today as well.

PrincipledPilgrim on January 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM

The people be da**ed.

PrincipledPilgrim on January 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Why is no one talking about Paul Ryan’s healthcare proposal?

$300 billion. Sure. That’s going to make it mor palatable to American taxpayers/voters. Try it skippy.

Oink on January 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM

There is no way Obama was going to draw attention to a failed issue by urging congress to pass ‘the’ health care bill if he hadn’t had assurances from Reid and Pelosi that they were going to do their darnedest to cook up some way to foist this sucker on the American people.

ProfessorMiao on January 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Terrye on January 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Not in 2011, even with a massive republican sweep. The earliest would be 2012, assuming that the GOP wins the presidency. Obama will veto any repeal attempt.

We should not play with Obamacare. It must be strangled in its cradle. Once its law it will never truly be repealed.

Revenant on January 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Aren’t these incompetent fools supposed to have marginal common sense and intelligence before taking office? These people are all brain-dead, in some alternate universe or suffering from terminal dementia. My God, they are ridiculous!!!

jgdp on January 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I would like to see these peoples qualifications to do this job…

Oh, wait!

It’s only Trillions of dollars of money we don’t have.

Seven Percent Solution on January 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM

He knows the spending freeze isn’t happening. Believe it.

Sekhmet on January 28, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Just print more

CWforFreedom on January 28, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Why should it matter who exactly voted for it… those others who don’t vote for it better be loud with their condemnations of using the reconciliation process…

ninjapirate on January 28, 2010 at 8:04 PM

The transcript is up now at hughhewitt.com.VG

Voiceguy on January 28, 2010 at 8:07 PM

WOW they are going to take us all down with them aren’t they?

November isn’t going to matter much if we’re in a depression by then.

gophergirl on January 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Oh, China will be paying for it. We should all stop nitpicking.

Philly on January 28, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Okay the question is how can the GOP stall this thing? They can offer as many amendments as they want right? Can they amendment until November?

gophergirl on January 28, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I am pitchfork ready.

I need 100,000 from each of 50 states.

A 5 million pitchfork march on Washington should get the message across.

Highplains on January 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Maybe y’all don’t remember, but a Republican takeover in November won’t fix it if this creature is passed. An Obama veto would leave the law in effect, unless overridden by a super majority of both houses of Congress.

Buford Gooch on January 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Are. They. This. Stupid?

Oh I hope so.

jukin on January 28, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Update: Dems ready for reconciliation,

This thing will not die.

thomasaur on January 28, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Time to call in an airstrike on the capital…over!

dmann on January 28, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Buford Gooch on January 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM

If they try this we may just have the super majority come next Congress.

This is political suicide.

gophergirl on January 28, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Update: Dems ready for reconciliation, says Kyl

Oh for the love of GOD!!!!

Just do it already!!! You got the rope around yer neck you sorry a$$, spineless jackasses, go ahead and jump off the horse!!!

BigWyo on January 28, 2010 at 8:14 PM

For a group that seems so delusionally confident about their numbers, they sure do talk alot about pulling the trigger.

anuts on January 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM

LASue on January 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM

That’s the point. They can read the polls just like this side can: all signs say they’re on pace to lose the House and, unbelievably, almost impossibly, come close to losing the Senate. If they’re going to do it, they have to do it now. The last, desperate twitches of a dying pest.

As for repealing, let’s don’t get ahead of ourselves. It has to pass first and then the GOP has to gain enough to repeal it. That’s a long way down the road.

LastRick on January 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM

“But it now appears the Democrats are going to try that.”

Well then…

Then it is war, isn’t it?

Seven Percent Solution on January 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM

They can’t pass anything of substance with reconciliation. If it takes 51 votes to pass, it takes 51 votes to kill.

El_Terrible on January 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM

You guys realize, of course, that they have to Rahm this one thru. They don’t care what happens this November or in 2012 or even 2014. They just need to get this bill passed to provide the biggest middle class entitlement program ever. It will change the face of the debate forever.

In 10 years or so, no longer will GOP candidates be able to just campaign on limited govt – they will be forced to argue how they will deliver govt services cheaper. This equates to the destruction of our capitalist lifestyle and a push to the tragedy that is socialism.

Obummer and Co know this bill will change the political landscape and it is all they care about. Once the monster is passed into law, it will be almost impossible to repeal.

jagdpanther on January 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Evan Bayh, Ben Nelson, Mary Landrieu, and Blanche Lincoln are NOT off the hook. If it weren’t for their votes early on, the legislation would not have made it this far. Votes matter all through the process.

“I voted for it before I voted against it” will hang with them forever.

Oink on January 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM

El_Terrible on January 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM

That’s the good news.

What is scary about this is the DEMS are on a kamikaze mission. You know how we’re all scared of terrorists because they’re not afraid of suicide. There’s nothing to keep the DEMS (our govt) from running amok.

Oink on January 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM

If they try this we may just have the super majority come next Congress.

This is political suicide.

gophergirl on January 28, 2010 at 8:12 PM

As boldly arrogant and insistant as they have been about this, who’s to say that we will still have elections in November?

AubieJon on January 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM

They’ve got their own circular firing squad. If the socialists stay home in November, they’re all toast. They know they can’t get this passed, but if they give in to the Left and try to ram it through, they might get their base behind them in November. That’s probably the logic.

Chris_Balsz on January 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Reconciliation only lasts for five years. Presumably the Dems think they’ll have Obamacare so fixed that won’t be an issue.

And as I recall, any amount of amendments can be offered in reconciliation. There’s no limit to them. As long as someone keeps offering amendments, they don’t go to a vote.

Time for DeMint, Coburn and Sessions to step up to the plate. As least try to push it closer to November.

Wethal on January 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM

On Jan 26th there was a thread on HA saying that the GOP would go nuclear on amendments and prevent the reconciliation process from going forward.

Could someone explain to me if anything is different now or did I misunderstand the thread on Jan 26th?

technopeasant on January 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM

The only thing “nuclear” about this will be the reaction of the American people if the Democrats try it.

diditagain on January 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Nothing like watching the liberals walk off the cliff. November will be a bloodbath.

txag92 on January 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Oink on January 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Sen Judas Nelson will never be able to eat pizza set foot in NE again.

OmahaConservative on January 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM

So the original idea was- Chicago Jesus give a firebrand speech, changes hearts and minds everywhere, WE GO FOR THE GOLD!!!

I wonder if there was a back up plan involving the public not buying into Obama’s latest tightly coiled, corn filled pile of speech???

Apparently not.

BigWyo on January 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Pitch forks are not enough. They don’t care about November. Your best investment at this point is ammunition.

Dale on January 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Fox poll…..? 78% approved of the STOU…..WTF!

dmann on January 28, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Can the Senate reconcile a bill the House never passed?

I think AOSHQ had apost on this. Even the pliant senate parliamentarian was balking at reconcilation of a bill (the Senate version) that had never been voted on by the House.

The House was afraid to go first and vote for the Senate bill, since they were worried that the Senate would then chicken out on reconcilation. Harry nust have his 51 votes hard and fast.

Wethal on January 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM

All these Democratic gang-members are national AIDS and I don’t care if I gotta get labeled for saying it!

abobo on January 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Prepare to be disappointed.

True_King on January 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM

technopeasant on January 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Apparently there is no limit to the number of amendments that can be offered. The GOP could simply keep offering amendments day after day, after day….

Wethal on January 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Then it is war, isn’t it?

Seven Percent Solution on January 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I’m more than ready…..embrace the suck!

dmann on January 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Good, this will be the stake through the heart of this administration.

Alden Pyle on January 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I repeat — as I have for months — this will not die. They want it too badly. Too much work invested.

rrpjr on January 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Wethal on January 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Thank God for Jim DeMint, Tom Coburn, etc. I have complete faith they will exercise every option they have to stop this thing.

gophergirl on January 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Prepare to be disappointed. die

True_King on January 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM

dmann on January 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM

“Lemmings find cliff; Debate if its high enough”

BobMbx on January 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM

How many stories like this have we read?

They can’t pass “the Senate bill” via reconciliation. Reconciliation is solely for budget-related bills, usually tax bills as Kyl said. At some point they have to have 60 votes to pass the non-budget parts of the bill (or a separate bill, however they do it).

And everything passed via reconciliation (51 votes) sunsets in 5 years, like the 2001 Bush tax cuts.

It’s insane and they know it. They’re just going through the motions to save their *sses with the left.

Missy on January 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Also, anything passed with 51 votes can be repealed with 51 votes.

Missy on January 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM

RightWinged on January 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM
——————————————————–

The Republicans are in the coffee can underneath his grandmas’sink.

That was funny.

ms on January 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM

gophergirl on January 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Presumably there are unanimous consents that can be denied too, and they can insist that everything be read out loud in full. That’s how Sessions stopped Shamnesty the first time. McConnell was furious, since he was on board with Bush, but could not make Sessions consent.

Wethal on January 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM

El_Terrible on January 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM

If they reconcile a bill based on a budget that they currently don’t own, what is the reason for having a Senate anyway? So much for the Republic.

Electrongod on January 28, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Wethal on January 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM

The one thing that makes me feel better about this is that the GOP is totally united. Even the Maine sisters are pissed as hell at the crap the libtards are pulling.

No one is going to bolt on this issue and everybody will do what they can to stop it.

gophergirl on January 28, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Well, they didn’t have Brown sworn in yet so they rushed right out and raised the debt ceiling to $14.3 trillion. They really are out to destroy our economy. After a big speech full of empty promises. Oh yea, and Obama met with Lobbyists today so it is business as usual.

scalleywag on January 28, 2010 at 8:32 PM