Quote of the day

posted at 11:15 pm on January 27, 2010 by Allahpundit

Click the image to watch.

matt-bl

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Spoken like a true, progressive thinking racist.

Hening on January 28, 2010 at 3:47 AM

Matthews is so messed up on so many levels I don`t know where to begin.

I recommend this specimen be examined by scientists from all fields of study.

What causes the Matthew`s tingle?

Is it psychological or physical or a combination of the two?

I don`t know where to begin.

The End.

Sherman1864 on January 28, 2010 at 4:08 AM

Is Matthews out of his mind? He should be ashamed for thinking that way, let alone actually saying it. Of course, we know he isn’t. I can’t believe the racism inbreed in the left. Just revolting.

MainelyRight on January 28, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Chris Matthews has an add running during which he claims to be some kind “gotcha” master. He was probably so full of himself for making JD Hayworth look stupid. I’m glad he got a taste of his own medicine…from himself.

Dude’s a douche.

He discusses other peoples racialism/racism, he doesn’t express any himself.

FloatingRock on January 27, 2010 at 11:38 PM

He and Chris Matthews bait the same hook from opposite ends of the boat. They both have a self-righteous streak a mile-wide. It’s easy to make such stupid remarks when you’re that pompous.

I wish blacks and idiot leftist liberal whites would be, too.

Shy Guy on January 28, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Nice broad strokes there Picasso? “Post-racial” must mean thinking about what you’ve said after you say it.

Obviously, Dems get the lion’s share of black votes, across the nation. But that is a far cry from your suggestion that “blacks” en masse are whatever the opposite of post-racial is.

If I said that about whites, how would you respond? Go now and say that to yourself.

The Race Card on January 28, 2010 at 4:46 AM

“Post-racial” is a smite-worthy utterance. Forgive my fingers for they know not what they type.

The Race Card on January 28, 2010 at 4:47 AM

Why didn’t he just say, “Good speech. For a colored guy.”? That’s what he meant.

RWLA on January 28, 2010 at 5:23 AM

As someone who is sort of an expert in this field, I would advise Chris Matthews: “Dude, that red light on the camera? That means it’s on. Also, have you tried a protein supplement? Amino acids? Vitamin E? Because you seem to be going through male menopause of something. You’re gabbling on like a ditzy old woman.”

The Other McCain on January 28, 2010 at 5:39 AM

I forgot he was black but sure as G-d made little green apples, he is RED.

J.J. Sefton on January 28, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Chris Matthews: “Man that monkey sure can jabber, can’t he?”

joe btfsplk on January 28, 2010 at 5:45 AM

Hey Chrissie, I’ll let you in on a little secret, K? When this conservative woman sees Barack Obama, she sees leftist ideology mashed with fetid hubris. I don’t notice or care if he’s black, white, brown, green or purple, mmmm-kay?

Maybe when your doc finds the right meds for the tingles, you’ll be “post-racial” too. Then you’ll realize how complicit you were in getting this national joke elected.

Moron.

Grace_is_sufficient on January 28, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Racist……….Chris
Sees color before the person.

lilium on January 28, 2010 at 6:00 AM

I wish blacks and idiot leftist liberal whites would be, too.

Shy Guy on January 28, 2010 at 2:46 AM

Nice broad strokes there Picasso?

The Race Card on January 28, 2010 at 4:46 AM

“Black” is very broad.

“Idiot leftist liberal whites”, much less so.

“Post-racial” must mean thinking about what you’ve said after you say it.

Why don’t you ask Matthews. That’s who used the term here and why I put it in quotes.

Actually, I agree. I think you’ve got me wrong. My dream is that no one thinks anymore that there’s relevance to a person’s skin color – unless someone claims that their skin color ought to be relevant.

The reason why I said “blacks” in general is because I don’t see a division on this matter based on party lines or political persuasions. Am I wrong?

I’ll see how they respond at our next local chapter meeting of the National Association for the Advancement of White People.

Shy Guy on January 28, 2010 at 6:10 AM

I bet he goes to bed and prays to be black every night

Neo-Chase on January 28, 2010 at 6:49 AM

We won’t forget that you’re a racist tingles.

Now go spin, tell us what you meant, tell us how you got your chops, tell us that you are down with the struggle.

ted c on January 28, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Racist……….Chris
Sees color before the person.

lilium on January 28, 2010 at 6:00 AM

That’s not entirely true. He sees political party before color. No Republican of whatever skin color is treated fairly by propagandists like Matthews. Zell Miller had the right idea how to deal with such bastards.

highhopes on January 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Alternate title for this post: “How Matthews Got His Tingle Back”.

lionheart on January 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM

ted c on January 28, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Before that, how about an explanation why West Point is the “enemy” for Barak Obama. Seriously, is there a major speech that Tingles doesn’t say something stupid? Good thing he is on a network that real people don’t watch.

highhopes on January 28, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Matthews is more repulsive than a puddle of snake puke . . . only on MSNBC could this idiot exist.

rplat on January 28, 2010 at 6:57 AM

when is msdnc gonna go off air?
they are absolutely worthless…

cmsinaz on January 28, 2010 at 6:57 AM

I almost forgot MSNBC was still on the air

picklesgap on January 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Funny! I spit coffee when I read that!

JellyToast on January 28, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Matthews is such an idiot.

I did not even watch the SOTU. I just could not bring myself to do it.

Terrye on January 28, 2010 at 7:12 AM

I bet he goes to bed and prays to be black every night

Neo-Chase on January 28, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Get the movie.

Shy Guy on January 28, 2010 at 7:28 AM

So Matthews is saying he remembered it for the other twenty three? Obviously, the color of the president’s skin is on his mind and a real issue for him.

dogsoldier on January 28, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I understand what Chris was saying…Some of my best friends are colored folks…and I’m not whistlin’ Dixie.

sdd on January 28, 2010 at 7:35 AM

dogsoldier on January 28, 2010 at 7:33 AM

The color of Obama’s skin is an issue for almost all Dems. After all, it is what got him elected. The Dems thought his skin color would give them all a free pass to pretty much do anything they wanted to do. Good thing it didn’t actually work out that way.

Johnnyreb on January 28, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Everyone realizes that he is just going to pseudo-apologize to the left and then everything will be just fine, won’t it?

g8trman307 on January 28, 2010 at 7:42 AM

It’s better to be silent and be thought a fool than to be Chris Matthews and remove all doubt.

Pcoop on January 28, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Imagine if anyone at FOX News had said the exact same thing…

Torches and pitchforks would be out and Olby would run a whole show around the “racist fascists” at FOX.

JetBoy on January 28, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Spoken like a true, progressive thinking racist.

Hening on January 28, 2010 at 3:47 AM

Along with the racist Keith Olbermann — always trying to categorize people by their race.

Why does MSNBC — and by extension NBC — continue to employ such racists.

rbj on January 28, 2010 at 7:56 AM

That boy Chrissy sure do have a lot of grits.

Don L on January 28, 2010 at 8:05 AM

So, for a whole hour Crissy saw a colorless man speaking. And after that hour, he remembers the man is black? So what? Was Obama’s speech so leg-tingling that he changed color Mr. Matthews? It’s fortunate that only two people heard you make a moron of yourself—–again.

Rovin on January 28, 2010 at 8:18 AM

“You know, I forgot he was black for an hour. He was just so clean and smooth talking with hardly a trace of Negro dialect.”

WarEagle01 on January 28, 2010 at 8:22 AM

How is this different from, “He sounded like a white guy”?

Pavel on January 28, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Geez, Matthews is a friggin racist. I’m not saying this to be cutesy, he’s a friggin racist.

It’s like he’s trying to work out his problems with black people on TV.

rollthedice on January 28, 2010 at 8:27 AM

“I forgot he was black tonight for an hour.”

Just curious. What occurred after that hour that reminded you of his color.

“…You don’t think in the terms of the old tribalism.”

Uhh… no comment.

ronnyraygun on January 28, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Mainstream Media:

“He’s one of us, so he gets a pass. Move along…”

ROCnPhilly on January 28, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Wow!!! For A WHOLE HOUR, Chrissie Matthews forgot Obama is black.

Think about that. Let is sit and percolate.

If you cannot forget the person’s race and deal with him as a human, to your mind, that person can never be your equal or your friend.

That’s what Chrissie has said; that’s why he’ll keep on apologizing for Obama cuz the Liberal view of blacks is that we can’t manage life without receiving a helping hand from somebody white.

SilentWatcher on January 28, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Fortunately, it’s impossible to forget that
Matthews is an idiot.

Mr. Grump on January 28, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Chrissy, Hissy, Pissy fit. That warm feeling running down you legs is a symptom a bladder control cause by several things including a prostrate problem or serious kidney infection, etc.

My guess is it is a prostrate problem, he has prostrated himself at the feet of the President so much that he looses control of the bladder when he stands up.

MSGTAS on January 28, 2010 at 8:50 AM

You’re gabbling on like a ditzy old woman.”

The Other McCain on January 28, 2010 at 5:39 AM

So sexist. As a ditsy old woman, I am OUTRAGED.

Kristamatic on January 28, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Forgot he was black? After accusing so many people of being racist for disagreeing with Mr. President he forgot he was black…for an hour? He might as well have said he forgot he’s a light skinned Negro without a dialect.

scalleywag on January 28, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Black people just don’t seem to be part of his everyday existance. :-\

dts-01 on January 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM

How does this beatoff keep his job?

LtE126 on January 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM

“Rush is a clear thinker and conservative stalwart, but he does not have clean-hands in the race-commentary dept. I’ve listened to the man for 15+ years. He’s made numerous race-based insults over the years.” (The Race Card on January 28, 2010 at 4:46 AM)

I’ve listened to Rush for 18 years, and I’ve not heard the “race-based insults.” Rush says a lot of hard things, in the Biblical sense of “hard,” meaning difficult for us to accept that what’s being said is true, but he doesn’t say racist things. There’s a difference.

What Chrissie Mathews says is racist. What I hear is that if I have any interaction with Chrissie, the color of my skin will always be uppermost in his mind. He meets me with a set of preconceived notions that may make it possible for him either not to hear me, to disregard me, or to consider me as some strange and rare object from a new planet. Chrissie will not give me a hearing the same way he’ll give a white person a hearing. He’ll expect me to be thinking, speaking, and acting a certain way, and when I fail to, he’ll expostulate and point out my ‘shortcomings’ to me. You see, for Chrissie, my thoughts, words, and acts will always be filtered through the prism of my race. Were I to be in contact with Chrissie, at the end of an hour’s interaction with him, he might be feeling all hot and tingly cuz, wow, golly gee, hot diggity, oh baby! he’s met somebody black who can write and speak without a ghostwriter or teleprompter.

What does that tell me? Run like hell from Chrissie and others of his ilk cuz they’re all expecting me to be a flaming moron.

Rush doesn’t expect me to be a moron. In fact, he gives me a hearing and is damn disappointed if I reflexively repeat all the old community canardes. So, The Race Card, don’t go tarring Limbaugh with the same brush as Chrissie and the liberals.

SilentWatcher on January 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Even seeing his clarification doesn’t make this statement any less racist to me. I don’t think he even intends to be racist, but I’m convinced Matthews sees blacks as inferior. It’s what makes him see racists everywhere he looks – projection.

He’ll get a pass for this of course, but I do think he revealed himself clearly on TV last night.

Esthier on January 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM

g8trman307 on January 28, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Sad, but true.

However, there are younger people out there, who still think it’s ‘cool’ to watch anything other than Fox, so they saw this. They aren’t hardcore leftists…yet. Things like this might save a few of the smarter ones. They’ll get that icky, somethings not right here *squick* and wonder, “Hey, could what my old man, or the guy in the cubicle next to me keeps saying be true?” Then, maybe they’ll start questioning other things and lib media types and before you know it, they’re here at HotAir, listening to Limbaugh or watching Fox to see what the fuss is all about. Then, they see the full light and we have another soul saved from the life sucking liberal media. /*eternal optimist*

pannw on January 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Shows who the Moron and Racist is…..I never see any color but RED when I look at obama…

sargentj on January 28, 2010 at 11:10 AM

After all this time it finally dawned on me that “Hardball” must be a code for
“Hard Liquor” or “High Balls” or some other drinking game. While CM is surely
projecting his own discomfort with race, booze has to be part of his act now.
“Enemy Camp” and “Tingles” definitely are the by products of lips loosened and
brains pickled by the sauce. Maybe it’s compounded by ratings circling the
hopper. Intervention is indicated, but let’s put it off til the tool completely
disables his network.

ontherocks on January 28, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Rush just said, “I forgot he was President for an hour.”

LOL!