The gutsiest QB in the Super Bowl may be …

posted at 10:12 am on January 26, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

There are few athletes as visible as starting NFL quarterbacks, on or off the field.  The league protects them from injury, sponsors throw cash them, and they get most of the attention from broadcasters looking for commentary, even after the QBs have hung up the cleats.  The two quarterbacks in this year’s Super Bowl are no exceptions.  Peyton Manning has a mini-empire of endorsements, while Drew Brees has emerged as a rallying point and morale leader for the renaissance of New Orleans, and both do good work in their communities.  They’ve had to dodge defenses all year long to make it to the final game, but a quarterback who has yet to sign his first NFL contract may be dodging heavier criticism by the end of the game:

He’s not even in the NFL yet, but former University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow is making a starring appearance at the 2010 Super Bowl in Miami.

While the Indianapolis Colts’ Peyton Manning and the New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees will be the quarterbacks on the field, the Heisman Trophy-winning college star will appear with his mother, Pam, on TV in an ad for the pro-life Christian group Focus on the Family that will air during the game.

The 30-second ad’s theme is “Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life” and a Focus on the Family press release said the Tebows agreed to the ad because “the issue of life is one they feel strongly about.” As a result, the ad is widely expected to focus on Mrs. Tebow’s pregnancy with Tim, when she was encouraged by doctors to abort him.

Reportedly, CBS approved the ad because it doesn’t make an explicit political argument.  Instead, it will tell the story of how Mrs. Tebow contracted amoebic dysentery while pregnant with Tim, and had to take harsh antibiotics in order to rescue her from her coma.  Her doctors assured her that her child would be either stillborn or unable to survive long after birth and encouraged her to get an abortion.  Instead, she decided to go full term with her pregnancy, and Tim Tebow was the result.

LaShawn Barber can’t wait to see the commercial — and the reaction:

America will see Tim Tebow (who wears “John 3:16” on his eyeblack) and his mother during the Super Bowl next month. They’ll deliver a pro-life message in a commercial sponsored by Focus on the Family. Naturally, pro-aborts are having a collective hissy fit. “Shut up and play ball!”

This country needs more young Christian men like Tebow, men who stand for what’s right and don’t cave to peer pressure. Young people struggling to live the Christian life (yes, Christians do struggle!) could use a few high-profile Christians bucking the system and risking ridicule. If he decides to go public with a sexually- abstinent-until-marriage message, even better.

I received one hint of the reaction yesterday in an e-mail for a post on the hysterical-Left site AlterNet, which framed the ad as “Football Player Tim Tebow on What Should Happen in Your Womb” — without either of us, of course, having seen the ad or the script.  The description sounds much more like personal testimony than political harangue, and perhaps that’s why there will be such outrage over it.  It’s very hard to dispute the fact that Tim Tebow isn’t stillborn, isn’t damaged, and that his parents’ faith allowed them to make the right decision and take a chance on life.

Expect to see this kind of hysterical criticism reach a crescendo when the ad airs, and then a quick deflation afterward.  It’s just another form of advertising, after all, but instead of a new beer or bar of soap, it advertises faith in a personal and indisputable manner.  Personal witness is the most powerful form of testimony that there is, and the most effective … which, again, is why we see the reaction that just the idea of it generates.

Tebow might have calculated that an NFL career is fraught with risk, and that his initial contract (which will be eight figures) could be his last due to untimely injury.  Keeping his mouth shut may have allowed him to fully exploit the arena of personal endorsements, while making such a public stand on a contentious issue like abortion may very well cost him money in the short (and perhaps long) run.  Tebow made a gutsy call on the biggest national stage outside of an election that he could possibly choose.  Maybe that alone will have people listening to Tebow instead of dismissing him, much as his mother’s doctors did.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

I have respect for Tom Brady’s talent as a quarterback but I have more respect for Tim Tebow as a MAN.

LonelyMassRepublican on January 26, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I went over to Jezebel–NOT a usual reader–just to see what they said about the Tebow situation. Mostly it was the usual don’t touch my body stuff. However, a few people said they actually had conversations with their mothers about the fact their mothers seriously considered having an abortion. I was amazed at just how cavalier these people were on the subject that their whole lives would’ve been snuffed out. Goes to show you there’s a huge cultural gulf in this country.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on January 26, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Society can’t feel a loss it doesn’t know it’s had. It’s beyond practical. Your argument here is similar to saying that we’ve all lost species of animals that have gone extinct in remote areas of the jungle before we even had a chance to learn what they were.

Maybe it’s true, but it isn’t felt by anyone.

Knowingly exterminating the animals once they’re discovered though, is something else.

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

We preserve habitats (like the rain forests) because we reasonably believe there are species yet to be discovered. We require airport security and safety not because we know which specific plane and people will be saved, but because it would be negligent to not implement technology that has a statistical likelihood of saving lives.

The moral culpability of the parents is less of a concern than the actual lives that are lost. If mothers are too mentally disabled to care for their infants, society takes them away. If a fertilized egg is the equal of an infant then a mother’s lack of knowledge shouldn’t excuse the loss of the new life.

dedalus on January 26, 2010 at 2:59 PM

We have a similar story… Thank the Lord we did not take their advice because they could not have been more wrong. All these many, many, years later, what we went through is still discussed at the dinner table.

TheBigOldDog on January 26, 2010 at 3:01 PM

cs89 on January 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I think I was unclear. “Mythology” refers to the stories themselves, which are often exaggerations/urban legends/etc… Obviously doctors aren’t always right. If you think there’s a better source for medical advice, though, I’d love to hear it.

RightOFLeft on January 26, 2010 at 3:03 PM

TimTebowSavesAmerica on January 26, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Many people are here because of an accidental pregnancy. Their life would have never happened if the birth control worked. All of us are here because of a highly improbable set of events throughout history. If a war had gone differently, the weather on a given day changed or certain crimes not been committed a different set of individuals would be here today.

Unsettling to ponder, though a few beers and a good football game can push those thoughts aside.

dedalus on January 26, 2010 at 3:08 PM

The morning after pill is compared to very strong birth control, which is also taken so that someone can have sex, knowing pregnancy is possible. One of the ways birth control stops pregnancy is by making the uterus an unwelcome place for a fetus.

So I don’t see much difference between the two and have never considered the pill to be immoral.

But that’s just my personal opinion.

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 1:44 PM

If the action is to prevent implantation, then what is the difference between that act and the actions of certain farmers in China who, if their babies turn out to be female, take them out into the fields to die? In both cases there is a denial of care — of nutrients and sustenance?

I don’t think there’s any, but that’s just my personal opinion. And, since such acts reach into my pocket and tug money out of my wallet, I have a say.

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Tebow won’t make it in the NFL, he throws the ball approx. 4 miles an hour. I could be wrong though. In the mean time enjoy this one:

nazo311 on January 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM

A farmer would have to let the egg incubate for many days for that to happen. When they grab the eggs the same day they are laid and then refrigerate them, the diner doesn’t know if the egg is fertilized or not.

dedalus on January 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM

You are, of course, begging the question. I don’t rely upon looks, I rely upon science. There is indeed a difference, as my daughter discovered via a rather interesting experiment — she incubated supposedly fertilized eggs in an oven, and all but four of the twelve hatched. My daughter dared to break the shell on one that didn’t. Of course, this was in the day when ovens had pilot lights, but even so…

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

A similar thing happened to my wife and I.
My wife was pregnant with out first child and was going through all the normal testing that is done to ascertain the health of the baby and Momma. A test result came back and the Doctor(name used loosely), told us that as a result of the test, our baby was going to have Down’s Syndrome. The VERY next thing out of her mouth was, “When do you want to schedule the abortion?”. My wife and I were shocked initially by the test result, but doubly so after she asked that question. We told her there was NO WAY we would be aborting the baby and immediately changed doctors in my insurance coverage. And I mean that same day. The new Doctor looked over the old test results and, I believe retook the tests, after which he said the previous Doctor ‘mistook’ a 17 for a 19, or vise versa, and miscalculated the result. He said the baby was fine.
What if we had of been vain enough to schedule the abortion the next week, and worse yet, how many other young couples have already done it? The answer is, we wouldn’t have the smartest, healthiest and happiest 11yr old attending a great charter school in Houston, getting good grades, by the way.

brewser on January 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

As Sgt. York/Gary Cooper would have said:

“The Lord shor do work in mysterious ways.”

God Bless Mrs. Tebow and her son, of whom she must be very proud! If the ad stops just one girl from aborting her baby, it will have been worth it.

SouthernPride on January 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM

And might I add. I absolutely HATE the Florida Gators. I will overlook that small detail, however, and Thank God that he has ambassadors like the Tebows who aren’t afraid to put it out there in his defense. God Bless you Tim and I hope you land on one of my teams in the NFL. Please, God?

brewser on January 26, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Thanks for the nice words, uncle.

On a new note, has anyone heard how Colt MCoy’s shoulder is doing? In my opinion, he’s a much better QB than Tim and ought to be one of the first people drafted if he’s in good condition.

brewser on January 26, 2010 at 3:33 PM

–Like the Lions?

Jimbo3 on January 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

If the couples are ignorant, those with strong views that conception is the moment that life becomes precious would be morally compelled to get the message out on breast feeding and other factors that effect the ability of the blastocyst to implant. At least some couples would be receptive, reducing abortions by thousands.

I see your point on the Socratic question. Yes, research would imply some value.

dedalus on January 26, 2010 at 1:59 PM

My other point: they aren’t abortions unless the behavior is intentional. Not all miscarriages are abortions.

A bit of research reveals this about the possible linkage of breastfeeding and miscarriage. In addition, there is this about known lifestyle factors leading to miscarriage.

The about.com site isn’t the only one saying the adverse linkage of pregnancy and breastfeeding is not a scientific finding

That aside, your point is that something resulting in risky behavior should be avoided, and advertised widely. My counter is that the about.com articles are certainly advertised widely, and contain pretty good medical information about what to do and what not to do in order to have a successful pregnancy.

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Moreover, having sex at certain times can result in conceptions that have no chance of viability either because they cannot implant, or implant but get flushed out with the cycle or there is nothing to implant into.

Holger on January 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM

nazo311 on January 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Careful, nazo. You may just step on a couple of sacred cows with the dissing Tebow, and lovingmyUSA will make derogatory statements about your mother. They don’t belive a man who has two National Championships and a Hiesman can take a little bit of ribbing.

Phil-351 on January 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Holger on January 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Such as when? I know of no circumstance in which a naturally fertilized egg cannot implant due to “time of month”. Some times have lower probabilities of success due to effects you describe, but there is never a time where that probability falls to zero. So there is a lowered chance of viability, but never no chance.

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I don’t believe in accidental pregnancy: once you have sex, if you do not use a condom (for man)/birth control pill (for woman) diligently, be prepared to get pregnant.
There are many differences between birth control versus morning after pill, first one to prevent the fertilization, the later to abort the fertilization, you see the difference? I do.

bookman on January 26, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Gee. I wonder how many mothers he will kill with his bad anecdotal medical advice…

tommylotto on January 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Although I wouldn’t characterize it that way, the women who will listen to him and end up dying as a result of “bad anecdotal medical advice” will be not even a tiny fraction of the number of babies who die because of bad moral advice from the pro-abortion crowd.

RegularJoe on January 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Anyone stupid enough to base their entire medical health on the advice of a kid who’s glad to be alive because his mother didn’t abort him is also stupid enough to drink rubbing alcohol when the beer runs dry. I wouldn’t worry too much over the choices of stupid people.

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I don’t drink rubbing alcohol when the beer runs dry, and I wouldn’t call a decision not to have an abortion stupid.

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM

dedalus on January 26, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Parents do whatever they can, but not all miscarriages can be prevented. It’s really that simple, and it’s nothing to torture women over. I’ve known women who stayed in bed for weeks only to end up losing the baby.

Well, one requires forcibly removing babies from any available nutrients so that they will die, while the other only makes it difficult for the fetus to put itself where nutrients might become available and also happens naturally.

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM

How exactly is it taking money from you if someone else uses birth control?

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I wouldn’t call it stupid either, but for you to think I would, you’d have to have skipped over every post I’ve ever put here.

However, I would call the decision to listen to a kid’s story and base your medical decisions on that kid’s anecdote stupid. Dissecting the sentence makes that clear.

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM

RegularJoe on January 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Plus, this man’s mother wasn’t in danger of dying according to this story. She was sick and received medical treatment, but her doctors didn’t want her to abort because of the risk to her life but because of the risk to her unborn son’s.

It’s one thing to decide that you need to save your own life and another to decide you’ll love your son no matter how imperfect he is.

bookman on January 26, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Except that most birth control pills work on two levels. One, to stop fertilization, and two, to stop implantation (or abort the fertilization as you put it). That’s why many compare the two so closely and why many doctors have said that you can achieve the same affect by taking five regular birth control pills.

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 4:17 PM

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM

–I’ve been known to shift to Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort, Jagermeister, Blackberry Brandy and Jose Cuervo when the beer runs dry. Those were stupid decisions.

Jimbo3 on January 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM

LonelyMassRepublican on January 26, 2010 at 2:55 PM

But Tom Brady doesn’t have any talent. He’s a CHEATER.

/sarc

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Jimbo3 on January 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM

And now you slander Southern Comfort?

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Go Gators!

Weber48IDA on January 26, 2010 at 5:01 PM

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Whether the death of the fertilized egg is considered an abortion is secondary to the loss of life itself.

If we can develop technology to better forecast earthquakes, we’d feel compelled to do it. Of course if governments and corporations delay the spending, they aren’t called murderers, but the effect on those who could have been saved is the same.

From what I’ve read, breastfeeding can contribute to luteal phase defect, in which the body doesn’t release enough progesterone to support the fertilized egg. Even without breastfeeding, the LPD condition is common for post-partum women.

One can contend that it is OK to engage in sex under those conditions, since the potential death of the fertilized egg isn’t intentional or is a secondary effect of the woman’s body primarily caring for the infant. Many groups (including Catholics) teach this; however, it seems to undercut the idea that a fertilized egg is exactly equal in value to an adult.

Your points are all well-stated BTW.

dedalus on January 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM

dedalus on January 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM

To be given the same status, it has to exist. You’re not suggesting that people eat something or take some sort of medicine to prevent this from happening but rather are suggesting that people prevent the conception from ever having taken place.

If a fetus deserves protection, there’s no reason to believe it deserves protection before it exists, especially when the activity in question doesn’t automatically terminate a pregnancy.

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM

One of my Facebook friends put just put up a bit from the Feminist Majority Foundation-they’re tying this ad directly to George Tiller’s murder.

One hilarious side note-some of the Leftists are so stupid that they think the ad is airing this weekend, not next.

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Jimbo3 on January 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM
And now you slander Southern Comfort?

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 4:47 PM

–Not slandering Southern Comfort. I like it. But sometimes I haven’t been real smart about drinking it.

Jimbo3 on January 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM

A unborn child’s heart starts beating at 6 weeks. Tell me that is not a human.

Voter from WA State on January 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I believe it is actually closer to three weeks

CWforFreedom on January 26, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Jimbo3 on January 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I was just joking.

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Perhaps the biggest moral concern of unmarried sex is the consequences. Putting the question of abortion aside, casual sex that leads to pregnancy by two people who lack the means or intention to provide a home, is wrong.

Considering the possibility of pregnancy as part of the question to have sex seems a staple of responsible/traditional/conservative thought. The fact that the new life doesn’t yet exist, won’t let the couple off the hook for an act that will directly lead to it’s creation.

dedalus on January 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM

With full disclosure I’m a huge UF fan – and as an extention a huge Tebow fan – even though I don’t believe in his religion. With the constant complaits of how undeserving the vast majority of our athletic stars our this is one kid that does deserve the attention. He doesn’t just talk the talk he walks the walk of all his convictions and all the people that seem to take such great pleasure in thinking he will fail in the NFL (though I doubt that will cause Tim much sadness) I would tell you don’t bet against this kid in whatever path he decides to take

lahlon on January 26, 2010 at 6:28 PM

What are people flippin’ out about,” bewildered moderator Whoopi Goldberg — herself an ardent pro-choice activist — asked.

“The only argument against any of it is, that, you know, he could just as easily have become some kind of a rapist pedophile. I mean, you don’t know what someone’s going to be,” Behar answered, adding:

In this case, he turned out to be great, but it’s not an argument about abortion or not abortion [sic], it’s just, this particular case, this particular woman decided not to do it, and this is the wonderful result. There are others who decide to do it [commit abortion], and they’re glad that they did it. You know, I mean, it’s a very individual choice.

jp on January 26, 2010 at 6:35 PM

dedalus on January 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Of course not, but they’re also not liable for what might happen during the pregnancy. Accept that pregnancy can happen no matter what precautions you take, but that doesn’t mean a woman must always be sober, always taking prenatal vitamins and always maintaining a proper diet just in case the sex actually does lead to a pregnancy.

These things create risks in the pregnancy, but they’re not automatic.

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I was at the March for Life rally held outside the White House the night before the March. In Lafayette Park, one of the speakers said he was a child from rape.

Pretty moving.

Sapwolf on January 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Is Tebow gutsy? Or “GUSTY”?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A at 2:20

Dopenstrange on January 26, 2010 at 7:42 PM

The left is hysterical because it is afraid the ad will be effective. I’m praying that it will be. Imagine the life of another little Timmy out there being saved just because of this ad.

NebCon on January 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Yep. Every saved baby is a victory for the baby, their mother, and humanity.

Sapwolf on January 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM

It’s not natrual when it’s deliberately induced by a human action — even if that action is taking a drug.

Both are instances of “Every Child a Wanted Child.” The little girl baby set out to die is unwanted. The little fetus denied sustainance is unwanted. The two acts are identical in their effects — a human being dies.

How exactly is it taking money from you if someone else uses birth control?

If the state pays for it, it comes out of my pocket. The moment the state gets involved, it’s no longer private — it’s public, and, as a voter, I get a say, whether the money is to buy the pill or to enforce the rules that say a pharmacist must dispense same or lose his/her license or business.

Esthier on January 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Well, maybe I have parsed your paragraph wrongly. Please clarify — to which specific people were your “stupid” attached?

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Never mind, I figured it out. Who’s basing their medical decisions on a kid’s advice, and what is wrong about the kid’s advice that it would lead to a wrong medical decision?

unclesmrgol on January 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM

God works in strange and wonderful ways. Tim Tebow may have survived his birth to be a human spokesperson for Him.

docdave on January 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM

How “Bout That Gator!

Tim is standing on principle, God bless him and his mom! Everyone ought to call CBS and “suggest” that we want this ad to stay!

Gatordoug on January 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I thought that argument was slated for Sunday.

Cindy Munford on January 26, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Jimbo3 on January 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I agree, but them I’m a little partial.
Colt is not only a great quarterback, but a great person and he is proud of his Christianity. He made a video professing his faith Called: “I am second.”

redridinghood on January 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM

This kid is an inspiration. A man of character and a man willing to run the ball outside the pocket and take his licks in this sense. He is standing up for what he believes in, and he is doing what is right and just.

We could use a few more Tim Tebows in our world.

God Bless you Tim. Your parents trained you well—-as a homeschooled young man.

Impact.

ted c on January 26, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Ed, thanks for putting this thread up.

ted c on January 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM

redridinghood on January 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I’d like to see that vid. Can you recheck the link please? Didn’t work.

jgapinoy on January 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Tebow has gotten many hundreds of speaking requests, no doubt many offering big bucks, yet his favorite places to speak are prisons & Filipino church outreaches.

jgapinoy on January 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

redridinghood on January 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Almost forgot – I have a lot of respect for Tim Tebow, too.

redridinghood on January 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Actually his initial contract will be his last because he will suck as an NFL QB. No chance of an untimely injury sitting on the bench. That said, I admire his long term goals and aspirations.

Fed45 on January 27, 2010 at 12:09 AM

The Tebows were pro-choice. They made a choice that the screamers wouldn’t have.

If you are pro-choice, why would you be so mad at someone that made a choice differently from you?

SouthernRoots on January 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Tim Tebow is a role model for kids.

Can’t really think of any others in sports. Arod? Manny? McGwire? Tiger?

Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck, Kurt Warner, Barry Zito, Albert Puljos, Steve Nash

Fed45 on January 27, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Well, I’m going to be an instant fan of whatever team he’s on.

Hawkins1701 on January 27, 2010 at 1:22 AM

WARNING:

Conservative role model alert.

First, media destruction moments away.

If there are ANY skeletons in his closet, prepare now for the “shocking revelations” to show up.

Tim….. You better be purer than pure or you’ll be destroyed.

Conservatives remember the initial happiness with Carrie Prejean?

PappyD61 on January 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Well, I’m going to be an instant fan of whatever team he’s on.

Hawkins1701 on January 27, 2010 at 1:22 AM

If he goes the the 49ers I will! =)

rollthedice on January 27, 2010 at 10:45 AM

tommylotto on January 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Is that a question or a prayer…are you hoping that is the case to prove him wrong?
Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself…”Why did I ask that question?”…if you are honest, you won’t like the answer.

right2bright on January 27, 2010 at 11:09 AM

SouthernRoots on January 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM

First, they are anti-abortion…
But you don’t see that the opposite choice from them takes a life, kills a baby…and you don’t see any problem with killing a baby? Really? Are you that oblivious to what they said, it was that obscure that you didn’t understand?
Don’t tell me…public education taught you….

right2bright on January 27, 2010 at 11:13 AM

But Tom Brady doesn’t have any talent. He’s a CHEATER.
/sarc

Del Dolemonte on January 26, 2010 at 4:46 PM

No, his coach is. Not to worry though, Brady will make it to the Superbowl…if he can find a ticket scalper in time.

Extrafishy on January 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM

The reaction to this ad and the family presenting it reminds me of what Sarah Palin had to endure. I lost any respect for the pro-choice/NOW crowd when they ignored the plight of women trapped under Islam’s yoke. I have mixed emotions about abortion, but I do get tried of the outrage of the Left over people who make a different choice than they would want.

amr on January 27, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Uh none. His mother’s life wasn’t in danger. They told her to abort because it was likely that the medicine she took caused her child birth defects. Her choice came in deciding to carry her child to term despite the possible birth defects, not in taking the lifesaving medicine to begin with.

Vera on January 27, 2010 at 12:15 PM

At six weeks, it looks more like a tadpole than a human.

Jimbo3 on January 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Your point? Do you have any medical evidence of any “clump of cells” having started growing inside a woman’s womb as a result of the woman’s ovum being fertilized my a man’s sperm ultimately developing into anything other than a human being?

Fed45 on January 27, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I would love to see him in a Seahawk uniform, but our sports fans are not very tolerant of Christian athletes. I wouldn’t wish it on him to have endure their intolerance.

Are you saying HeeWawk fans were intolerant of Shaun Alexander and Josh Brown? Are they intolerant of Matt Hasselbeck?

Fed45 on January 27, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I’ve always liked Tebow, and I’ve admired the strength of his faith. I think he knows that, if he were to never play another football game, God had something else in mind for him, and he’d be okay with that.

I wish he’d played for Penn State.

olesparkie on January 27, 2010 at 5:26 PM