Jon Stewart: You didn’t really use a teleprompter inside a classroom, did you, champ?

posted at 6:35 pm on January 26, 2010 by Allahpundit

A dinnertime treat to cleanse the palate. It’s almost touching how dependent on TOTUS The One is, that he wouldn’t think to leave it behind on a trip to a school despite knowing how totally comically surreal the optics of this photo shoot would be. But maybe he’s just emulating Lincoln in that. Honest Abe always brought along a handler with cue cards when he had to visit a school, right?

This is only my second-most favorite story of the day about Obama’s fading mystique. Readers of our Headlines section already know what number one is. Exit quotation: “Barack Obama has yet to make a significant contribution to the Indonesian nation. We could say Obama only ate and s (expletive) in Menteng.”

Update: And … again. It’s like Linus with his security blanket.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c
Obama Speaks to a Sixth-Grade Classroom
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political Humor Health Care Crisis

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

As I understand it, the President did NOT use TOTUS when addressing the children.

But even if he did, so what? It just proves how awesomely tech-savvy he is… you’d prefer he write the answers on his legs and arms?

malclave on January 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM

What are you awesomely trying to say?

Americannodash on January 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM

This is what Dave Brooks calls cerebral?

rob verdi on January 26, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Well to be fair, did you see the crease in his pants? That’s as cerebral a crease as you’ll find. Tommy Friedman only has creased pants like that in his dreams.

stldave on January 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM

John Stewart -

“How a bout a political adviser or a campaign strategist ….”

Silly man. This is the smartest administration EVAH !!!!

dissent555 on January 26, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Fools, the lot of you.

Liam on January 26, 2010 at 7:52 PM

This is why it’s all so confusing. He got 52% of the vote, but now when you ask around you can’t find a lot of them who voted for him.

Strange.

Yoop on January 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Strange.

Yoop on January 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Also, what happened to all those O-bumper-stickers?

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Also, what happened to all those O-bumper-stickers?

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM

There are still a lot around here in Washington (yes, the state).

4k78 on January 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Obama is not very bright. It is shown when he talks without notes. He stutters and stumbles. He also has to carefully craft what he says because his speaking defeats himself. Like the time he mentioned his “muslim religion”

I think he stutters and stumbles because he is so busy hiding his true self that he has to over-think every answer. Either that, or he’s just a totally empty suit.

LASue on January 27, 2010 at 1:31 AM

dammit, I think I have a little bit of crush on Mr. Stewart.
/buries head in shame/

JackofNoTrades on January 27, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Also, what happened to all those O-bumper-stickers?

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I still see a few around from time to time. However, the other day I spotted a bunch of tea party and sarah palin stickers, which now seem to outnumber the obama stickers.

long_cat on January 27, 2010 at 2:29 AM

Also, what happened to all those O-bumper-stickers?

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Don’t see very many these days, but when I do I make an effort to get the driver to notice that I am pointing and laughing at them.

SKYFOX on January 27, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Also, what happened to all those O-bumper-stickers?

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I still have my Obama bumper sticker in big 3″ letters in my back window. It says…One Big Ass Mistake America. It gets wonderful comments everywhere I go.

Wyznowski on January 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Also, what happened to all those O-bumper-stickers?

I heard that about 95% of them got destroyed in the “Cash for Clunkers”. ;-)

DanaSmiles on January 27, 2010 at 4:16 PM