Obama to House Dem: “The big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me”

posted at 4:54 pm on January 25, 2010 by Allahpundit

The Dem in question? Red-stater Marion Berry, who’s now headed for early retirement thanks to Lincoln-Jesus’s crowd-pleasin’ statist agenda.

In fairness, though, The One’s been very consistent in this belief. Through Obama, all things are possible.

Berry recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.

“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.”

Berry came to Congress in 1997. The representative he replaced? Blanche Lincoln, another Arkansan poisoned by her support for The One, who’s reportedly now being pressured by the Democratic leadership to make her act of political seppuku official by retiring herself. I’ve got a ton of poll news in the pipeline illustrating just how ironic Obama’s comment to Berry has become, but there’s no way I’m going to dump it at the end here. It’s simply too sweet. To tide you over until the next post, enjoy this new Pew survey asking voters what their most urgent policy priorities are. Health care finishes … eighth.

Bill Kristol, stirring the pot, has already reached out to Bill Clinton’s office to see how he likes The One’s comparison. Exit question: When exactly did Obama offer this hubristic bit of idiocy to Berry? The timeline’s unclear, but surely it wasn’t after he flamed out on the trail for Deeds and Corzine, was it? He can’t be that deluded.

Comments

How the hell this guy’s head hasn’t swelled up to Hindenburg size and exploded yet is beyond me.

manofaiki on January 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM

It’s coming. There will be a melt down soon. Hope it is v e r y public.

katy the mean old lady on January 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Show me, show me show me…..please?

roy_batty on January 25, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Bleed Blue may he/she RIP.

Electrongod on January 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Can you help us get Mark Kirk out of Illinois?
Please donate to this guy..

Mark Levin endorsed

Illinois primary Feb 2.

Help us dump Mark Kirk……

chicagotrauma on January 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Show me, show me show me…..please?

roy_batty on January 25, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Bleed Blue may he/she RIP.

Try that again.

Electrongod on January 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM

justltl on January 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM

hah!

Connie on January 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Good. With this idiot so close to the football and codes. We may need it.

upinak on January 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

If worst comes to worst, I too am heavily armed, and have lots of food plus plenty of moose, caribou, and fish. Good luck to anyone who comes after me. Barry is goin’ down though so it’s all good!

tbear44 on January 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I think Ed did the honors. In a Headline, so the whole exchange is in the bit bucket now.

unclesmrgol on January 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM

AP leveled the coup de grace’ on bleedsblue. It was a perfect cap to the utter beatdown he received just prior to it. He picked up the hand grenade, and a few of us convinced him to pull the pin and drop it in his lap. He obliged us.

ted c on January 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Ahhh… the Good Captain of the USS Democratic Party has announced that the biggest, bestest boat anchor can be dropped. Right through the hull! It doesn’t even need to go overboard like all other anchors! That will, assuredly, lighten the load and raise the ship over troubled waters!

Then he wonders why people are abandoning a ship with this huge hole in the hull heading into a storm…

ajacksonian on January 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM

He could be deluded but there is also the power trip. These folk are showing disloyalty and a lack of faith in The One.

I am not saying it makes sense, but this is playing out like an old gangster movie, Key Largo with Edward G. The lackies are restless, and the Boss may have to require some fall on their sword to send a message, and to restore his sense of ‘Oneness’

The Nazis were more elegant. They expected you to go into the next room and blow your brains out

entagor on January 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Oh yes, he can!

DrStock on January 25, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Damn, for a second I though you meant this guy. Wonder if we could replace him with a Republican?

RINO in Name Only on January 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM

He really is an ObaMao, isn’t he?

Hey, Barry, how about a “great leap forward” off a “precipice”?

onlineanalyst on January 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Another one:

Empty suit.

justltl on January 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

They’ve cut notches in all the doorways so they don’t have to pin his ears back behind his head anymore.

BobMbx on January 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Now that was funny! It’s too bad that no one pinned his ears back when he was a youngster instead of planting the idea in his head that he was “special.”

onlineanalyst on January 25, 2010 at 10:34 PM

LOL!

Saltysam on January 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM

upinak on January 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Can I come visit you girlfriend? I love the way Alaskans hopped up and grabbed their collective mineral rights, and I fantasize that Texas and Alaska ought to start thinking of an Amnesty Tariff. Those who want to GTFO of the other states and come somewhere they can be sort of, um, free would have to pay…whoops, (sarc) I know that’s totally contradictory.

Chewy the Lab on January 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM

instead of planting the idea in his head that he was “special.”

onlineanalyst on January 25, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Are you, sir, implying that our precident rides, “the short bus?”

Chewy the Lab on January 25, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Well, it DOES make a difference.

Merovign on January 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM

So, Obama thinks he’s smarter than Clinton? He better start watching his back.

BottomLine5 on January 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Obama says he’s better than Clinton, the first black president???

Obama is a racisssssssssst!!!

csdeven on January 26, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Obama:”Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.”

“Yea! That makes it worse.”

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on January 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM

When my husband heard about this, he said, “you know, I bet Bill Clinton really hates Obama’s guts.”

Bill, I feel your pain.

Meredith on January 26, 2010 at 4:36 AM

It’s coming. There will be a melt down soon. Hope it is v e r y public.

katy the mean old lady on January 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

It will be public, but it won’t be as disasterous as we thought six months ago. Thank God our system IS ponderous and weighed down by wieldy checks and balances. It makes Obama pathetic rather than dangerous.

Grace_is_sufficient on January 26, 2010 at 5:44 AM

Obama said “You’ve got me” ??? Time for a song – “they say our love won’t pay the rent,before it’s earned my money’s already spent. Well I don’t know if all that’s true but you’ve got me and baby, I’ve got you. Babe.

LODGE4 on January 26, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Oh baby! Let’s hope this is the prophecy of doom and work to make sure, much to his chagrin, that the republicans really clean his clock this time around. Something truly historical. And do let’s also honor the possibility of his mention of being a “1-termer” much as Jimmy Carter was. They both deserve to end up in the dust bin of history. Oh yeah!

mozalf on January 26, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Caption for the pic……

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Who’s the dumbest president of them all????

” YOU ARE BAMBI ” .

bluegrass on January 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Bashing Bush is passe…now on to Clinton.

RobCon on January 26, 2010 at 8:34 AM

I think it’s time to offer The One a “wafer thin”

Michelle Dubois on January 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM

A narcissistic egomaniac who is so naive he can’t talk to first graders without a teleprompter. Sarkozy nailed him when he said Obama was the most arrogant and naive person he had ever met. not a good combination for the leader of the free world. Sad, but half the American people would still vote for this delusional buffoon.

volsense on January 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Maybe he’s not worried because he has a plan that could include suspending elections until the crisis is over. Our national security will be so weak by Nov, we’ll be ripe for an attack. See how this works? He doesn’t level the playing field, he clears it. Bet Clinton didn’t think of that.

Kissmygrits on January 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Indonesia says it will remove an Obama statue because;

“Barack Obama has yet to make a significant contribution to the Indonesian nation. We could say Obama only ate and s (expletive) in Menteng. He spent his subsequent days living as an American,”

From Google news.

Cybergeezer on January 26, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Translation:

“You all still got me, and I’m still the Christ, right?”

Really Right on January 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Wow, Obama is incredibly self deluded. Maybe he didn’t see the writing on the curtain after all.

( Obama’s rally for Coakley in Mass drew so few people, they had to pull the curtain across the middle school gym in an effort to make the place look full. )

dogsoldier on January 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM

awesomely awesome picture of the 0ne and his best friend.

darcee on January 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM

justltl on January 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM

My new desktop photo.

Connie on January 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM

ObaMao has a head the size of the Goodyear Blimp!

MCGIRV on January 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM