Fiasco: A year’s worth of Obama health-care soundbites

posted at 4:15 pm on January 22, 2010 by Karl

At Friday’s Ohio town hall, Pres. Obama seemed awfully dismissive of the “tizzy” over the Massachusetts Senate election, and the effect it has had on final passage of ObamaCare.

Even TPM cannot help but show their mostly left-wing readers that Obama has spent almost a year demanding that Congress pass ObamaCare:

Pres. Obama assured everyone today:

“I want you to understand — this is not about me. This is not about me. This is about you.”

Yeah, right. The president spent a year demanding immediate action on a bill which, if passed, would not go into effect for years. And now that he is starting to realize that ObamaCare is an enormous political liability, he is content to let “the dust settle” on it. But it is not all about him. It is about you, and how much less you like his bill now.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Yeah, he got one thing right … this is a Thelma & Louise moment.

J_Crater on January 22, 2010 at 4:17 PM

You know it’s bad if sleazy tpm turns on the One.

DCJeff on January 22, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Is being in a tizzy worse or better than being wee wee’d up?

Cicero43 on January 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Obama just did not give enough speeches about healt care reform or health insurance reform or whatever. If only he gave more speeches….

chaswv on January 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Right up there in the pantheon with NEN’s C-SPAN video.

rockmom on January 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM

“Fiasco.” The perfect one-word encapsulation of Comrade Zero’s first year in office.

Cicero43 on January 22, 2010 at 4:22 PM

It is indeed all about him and that worthless bill needs to just go away. Obama attempts to meddle with everything that he does not understand and gets nothing right.

It may take a generation to undo the harm he has done already.

old trooper2 on January 22, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Release Obama’s medical records now. His persistant disconnect from reality may be more than just ideological. Obama is coming across now as a very serious and distinguished shjt disturber but not a valid solution provider. A blood work up could show America that he is not well in more ways than one.

Americannodash on January 22, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Read Doctor Zero’s post in HA headlines. He offers a great explanation for why Healthcare is so important to this statist administration!

texgal on January 22, 2010 at 4:26 PM

“let the dust settle”

So why the sudden interest in passing said bill (that is now said to be dead) via reconciliation that only requires 51 votes in the Senate?

Pelosi says she doesn’t have the votes to pass the Senate bill, but could she get the votes if she makes a deal with the Senate to pass that bill in the house, and at the same time pass a reconciliation bill agreeable to the Senate with the changes the house members are demanding?

Anyone who believes the democrats are going to just give up because they lost Teddy’s Senate seat hasn’t been paying attention.

Skandia Recluse on January 22, 2010 at 4:26 PM

He is a dangerous pos to our way of life.

OmahaConservative on January 22, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Obowma should have started sporting a white lab coat…

… and telling everyone to call him ‘Doc’.

Seven Percent Solution on January 22, 2010 at 4:27 PM

“The thrill is gone.”

AubieJon on January 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Obama’s standing above the country, above — above the world, he’s sort of God. ~ Newsweek editor Evan Thomas

The higher the pedestal, the more spectacular the fall.

Roy Rogers on January 22, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Wow. Watch the little Marxist age right before your eyes.

Chuck Schick on January 22, 2010 at 4:31 PM

You must remember that they truly, in their heart of heart’s, believe that if you say something enough times it magically becomes the truth…what a bunch of freakin’ asswipes…heh!

Ltlgeneral64 on January 22, 2010 at 4:33 PM

et tu brute TPM?

mad saint jack on January 22, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Kiss me.

Speakup on January 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Git ‘er done!

[rolls eyes]

Mr_Magoo on January 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

F*** that Communist a**rabbit, and those stale old crustwads standing around him!

This video should be on a loop at Gitmo, broadcast trhoughout the detention area. Those guys will crack and tell us everything we need to know.

Bruce in NH on January 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Release Obama’s medical records now.

Americannodash on January 22, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I concur.

SouthernGent on January 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM

This is narcissistic denial/meltdown. Jim Geraghty called the Ohio town hall a train wreck:

INC on January 22, 2010 at 4:41 PM

The health insurance fixes that were needed are on the order of a face lift, a nip, a tuck, and out the door in a couple hours. They could’ve just gotten rid of all those state regulations that make health insurance uncompetitive, and allowed individuals to take the tax deductions that employers get. Let people buy the coverage they want, and don’t force them to buy more coverage than they want. Pretty simple stuff. But the Democrats started what should’ve been a simple face lift by asking nurse Nancy for the bone saw and rib spreader.

RBMN on January 22, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Obowma should have started sporting a white lab coat…

… and telling everyone to call him ‘Doc’.

Seven Percent Solution on January 22, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Maybe that’s his next strategy. Calling Dr. Obowmao to the O.R. stat!

Mulligan on January 22, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Yep, they totally bucked that up.

myrenovations on January 22, 2010 at 4:43 PM

“You have to repeat yourself a lot.”

Classic.

sammypants on January 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Release Obama’s medical records now.

Americannodash on January 22, 2010 at 4:24 PM
I concur.

SouthernGent on January 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM

School records too. We shouldn’t have to guess what his classes/grades were, or just take his and his syncophants’ words for it.

AZCoyote on January 22, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Total waste of a year with regard to getting the country back on the road to economic recovery.

Why does anyone believe this jack*** knows anything about an economy?

OT: Cavuto has a SE Florida mayor on his show seeking more Obama handouts. What don’t these people understand about the ineffectiveness of government stimulus efforts?

BuckeyeSam on January 22, 2010 at 4:47 PM

chaswv on January 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

He need to take some time from is hard work to get his message out.

the_nile on January 22, 2010 at 4:49 PM

THE saddest admin evah!

moonbatkiller on January 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I still give him a solid B+.

search4truth on January 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM

They drove off a clift?

Ronnie on January 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Yep… well aware that Washington wants to enslave me (us) with Obama-plans.

MeatHeadinCA on January 22, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Wow. Not only does Obama have no idea how to lead, he has no idea what “Just for Men” is. I’ve never seen anyone go SOOO gray, sooo quickly. Hell, it took slick willy 4 years to get that bad.

viviliberoomuori on January 22, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Kiss me.

Speakup on January 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

If this means what I think it means…eewww!

BobMbx on January 22, 2010 at 4:55 PM

What he really meant to say :

Its not about what you want
its about what I want

macncheez on January 22, 2010 at 4:58 PM

INC on January 22, 2010 at 4:41 PM

——————————————————————————–
OMG…I read Geraghty’s article. Wow, The One flew over the Cuckoo’s nest today.

ziggyville on January 22, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Are Reid and Pelosi now under the bus?

Dhuka on January 22, 2010 at 4:58 PM

The perfect one-word encapsulation of Comrade Zero’s first year in office.

Cicero43 on January 22, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Would not that make him, if Comrade at all, Comrade One?

hicsuget on January 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Are Reid and Pelosi now under the bus?

Dhuka on January 22, 2010 at 4:58 PM

If so, that would be unfortunate given they were driving the bus for so long…

MeatHeadinCA on January 22, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I was for public option, but I really did assume, given the severe recession, that it would be a major medical plan. The Dems so over-reached.

I’m terribly upset today because a friend of mine is on Medicaid. She is a complete sweetheart. She was a biker girl, got into such a mess in life with various men, and she’s turned it around 100%. However, she makes her living based on a high school education, which as everyone knows, isn’t the best. She got hit hard with this depression, and she’s working TWO jobs now, trying to take care of her son.

Medicaid won’t give her birth control. She’s 40, and they won’t cover it. They will ONLY give her an operation to snip her permanently.

One, she’s not quite ready to do that. Two, she can’t afford the time off.

I’m so disturbed by this intrusive approach. It’s just not right.

AnninCA on January 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Good thing that he didn’t get a chance to tell the American people how awesome his awesome Hell-Care plan is.

jukin on January 22, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Clearly a community organizer position is not scalable.

roy_batty on January 22, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I’m so disturbed by this intrusive approach. It’s just not right.

AnninCA on January 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM

You’re just now getting it? Well, I guess better late than never. We’ve only been trying to tell you for the last eight months.

Dominion on January 22, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I don’t think he got it done. I could be wrong.

ctmom on January 22, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Obama also said in his speech today that he wants everybody to have a job. You’d never know it by the way he attacks all the producers in our free and open society. What kind of a job Obama? Government jobs? They’re the only ones that have increased significantly along with their salaries and would that be because that’s all he’s be doing with this years spending. The 787 billion stimulus a.k.a. recovery.org is just another government program that picks the winners and losers. So far we know who has been picked in the false claims of the created and saved of the private sector. Let us not forget all the preferential treatment of the select financial institutions like Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or auto companies like GM, Chrysler, or the pay to play SEIU Unions, and all of their affiliates.

Americannodash on January 22, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I look back on The One’s first year as quite productive from my point of view. Afterall, had any of Obama’s wish list items passed it would have been about 10 steps backwards, so him getting absolutely nothing done is a positive.

tommer74 on January 22, 2010 at 5:26 PM

One, she’s not quite ready to do that. Two, she can’t afford the time off.

I’m so disturbed by this intrusive approach. It’s just not right.

AnninCA on January 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Well Ann, since you’re slowly becoming a conservative, it’s time for tough love for the friend.

Here’s what you say: “They won’t give you birth control or pay for abortions? Well, my advice to you is to keep your pants on. And if you just can’t control the urge….electronics. Get one, use it. You know what I’m talking about.”

BobMbx on January 22, 2010 at 5:27 PM

this is the type of language that an abusive, controlling husband will use on an abused wife. “This is your fault. This isn’t me, you made me do this. I had no choice but to do this.” It is totally the same thing. He is trying to treat Americans like doltish lemmings that can’t think nor act for themselves.

ted c on January 22, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Hooo-eee! So much for the power of positive thinking.

That is, if what you’re so positive about is really just a pile of horsesh!t.

somewhatconcerned on January 22, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Kiss me.

Speakup on January 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

If this means what I think it means…eewww!

BobMbx on January 22, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Do we look like Mrs. Obama?

Speakup on January 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM

One, she’s not quite ready to do that. Two, she can’t afford the time off.

I’m so disturbed by this intrusive approach. It’s just not right.

AnninCA on January 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM

AnninCA, think about the caveats of the hell-care bill also. It would cut medicare/medicaid spending by 500 million, making your friend’s situation even worse. As we have tried to tell anyone who would listen, this bill is about gov’t control of a large portion of the private sector. Nothing else. That’s all it is, wrapped up in a nice package of “We care for the little people”.

viviliberoomuori on January 22, 2010 at 5:55 PM

The longest year of my life!
I don’t think anyone realized that healthcare was a 2fer: with rationing of healthcare a defacto result due to the ratio of steady minted doctors vs increasing number of patients, the offset that nobody talked about was social security payouts would have gone down as more people died waiting for a basic appointment AND with an immigration bill making everybody a citizen and new immigrants having a higher birth rate, MORE money would go into the social security coffers (if they were working above board and not for cash under the table).
Thus, this might have been known throughout the world as Obamacare or the healthcare legislation, but it was really a shadow “social security fund stabilization act”.

athenadelphi on January 22, 2010 at 6:12 PM

The only thing that stood in his way of getting it done was the American people. And a little Providence.

txmomof6 on January 22, 2010 at 6:17 PM

1. “Yes We Can”
2. “Change” versus “More of the Same”
3. “Vote for Change”
4. “Change We Can Believe In”
5. “Our Time for Change”
6. “It’s about Time. It’s about Change”
7. “Stand for Change”
8. “Organize for Change”
9. “We are the change we’ve been looking for.
10.”Change in America doesn’t start from the top down. It starts from the bottom up.”

Now, suddenly – There’s no rush to get this done!

GOOD! Then how about we wait till Jan 20 next year – when we get some more adults involved in the “change.”

Oopsdaisy on January 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I guess Joe Wilson was right. You lie, Mr. President!

In fact, they have clips from that speech when Obama did another one of his prime time swooning speeches

kcarpenter on January 22, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Pres. Obama assured everyone today:

Ha! Usually when lovers part the line is, “It’s not about you, it’s about me”.

Buy Danish on January 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM

The question to me is: “Will he learn from this, or will it just get worse?”

Will he move toward the center to attract moderates, or will he blindly drive himself over the cliff?

cannonball on January 22, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Well, is it health CARE reform or health INSURANCE reform? They two are entirely different industries.

cannonball on January 22, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Obama really needs to go on TV and sell the public option. The problem is that his message is just not getting out, ha ha.

Dollayo on January 22, 2010 at 7:28 PM

He was too busy solving problems to tell us what our core values are.

GaltBlvnAtty on January 22, 2010 at 7:40 PM

The NRO account of the questions from Ohio sound like desperate serfs petitioning the despot lord for a few crumbs.

Skandia Recluse on January 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Buck up?

Keep buckin’ that chicken!

connertown on January 22, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Obowma:
“LET ME BE CLEAR, you idiots who elected me should be shot for not seeing clearly, that I’m woefully inexperienced and totally out of my league in the position as president. I have no clue what I’m doing, and at best, I’m just winging it as I go. I pray the teleprompters continue to work because I’m lost without them and sound like a buffoon anytime I’m off script. Without George Soros at the other end of this Blackberry telling me what to say, I’m just a TV newsman reading the prompter and accomplishimg nothing for our country.

Truth hurts.

dthorny on January 23, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Like my ex-wife, if you take away “I, me, my and mine” Obama would not have anything to say.

A supreme narcissist, Obama will be leveled by his own arrogance. Arrogance levels all in its way.

Cleveland Steamer on January 23, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Obama hasn`t done crap in one whole year. In fact all he has done is crap in one HOLE year. The more crap he is stopped from doing the better. So let`s keep him doing nothing but crap. He is suspect and will remain so for the remainder of his one-term presidency. Historical, all right!
Historically bad. A case study in a failure of a president.
How to Fail as President of these United States 101.

Sherman1864 on January 23, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Hello?

Just weeks ago Obama told us if we didn’t get this thing passed it would bankrupt the country.

Now he says he wants to let the dust settle on the bill?

What? Isn’t that the same as saying he is going to do nothing while the economy is destroyed?

Crazy rabbit.