Reunited: Palin to campaign for McCain in Arizona

posted at 8:46 pm on January 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Dude, I think this officially makes her a RINO.

Welcome to the club, Sarahcuda!

Sarah Palin, McCain’s former running mate and perhaps the most powerful brand in Republican politics, will stump for McCain in Arizona on March 26 and 27, a Palin adviser told CNN. The presence of Palin – and the considerable crowds and media attention she will draw – might give pause to J.D. Hayworth, the former Republican congressman and radio host who opposes McCain’s position on illegal immigration and is mulling a Senate run of his own.

The former Alaska governor will also hit the campaign trail in the coming month for two conservative heroes – Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

I didn’t think McCain would swallow his pride and ask her, but oh well. Maybe he’s taking that potential challenge from J.D. Hayworth more seriously than we thought. I posed this question back in November, when I first wrote about this scenario, so let’s pose it again: Does this give Maverick political cover to vote a little more centrist-y this year than he otherwise might have given his vulnerability in a primary? Palin’s endorsement is the gold standard among the base; if she says “vote McCain,” it might not be enough to get grassroots righties to actually vote McCain but it might be enough to get them not to vote Hayworth, which is all Maverick needs. In fact, it might convince Hayworth — or any other more right-wing candidate — not to challenge McCain at all.

It’s obvious what he gets out of this. What does she get out of it? Two things, I think: (a) The moral high ground, rushing to his aid after Steve Schmidt et al. have spent months tearing her down, and (b) an inroad into the media narrative that she’s itching to lead some sort of “wingnut apocalypse” or whatever that’ll devour all moderate Republicans in its path. Truth be told, if she was inclined that way, there’d be no bolder statement she could make than by taking on her former running mate, particularly by backing some sort of independent tea-party candidate. Instead she’s being a good soldier, just like she was a good soldier in staying out of the Massachusetts race until it was over, when she called to congratulate Brown. Take this as further proof that she meant what she said to Rush (and to Beck) about working within the party, not outside of it — even if it is a bit odd that Maverick somehow doesn’t qualify as one of those Republicans who’d best be replaced by a more conservative party member.

Here’s video of her talking up Brown last night on Greta.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Sarah couldn’t have written the book while governor (at least not for money) Alaska ethics laws wouldn’t allow it, and obviously you don’t have a clue how Toxic Obama’s operatives made Alaska. No way in hell she could have left the state to promote it, with out the loons filing 100’s of “complaints.”

Might be best not to comment on things you don’t know about.

gary4205 on January 21, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Yes, she could have…. there was a ruling stating a sitting governor could profit from a book. C4P covered this early in 2009, you can search there for an explanation.

I agree with you about the ethics complaints. If you had actually bothered to read my posts, you would have realised that my argument was that Palin DID NOT leave because she wanted to ‘cash in.’

BPD on January 21, 2010 at 5:34 AM

Cindy McCain endorses same-sex marriage campaign

This family does not represent conservative values.

True_King on January 21, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Make sure to watch the video in there of her lawyer discussing the legality of her book.

Might be best not to comment on things you don’t know about.

gary4205 on January 21, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Care to retract?

BPD on January 21, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Allahpundit, this does NOT make Sarah Palin a “RINO.” Sarah Palin genuinely respects John McCain, as should we all, and John McCain is NOT a “RINO.”

Historically, McCain’s voting record overall is rated moderately conservative, and he has been a consistent opponent of out-of-control federal spending and earmarks. More to the point, consider McCain’s voting record in 2009. He voted AGAINST every Obama bailout bill (and even voted against the second release of TARP monies when Bush was still President in late 2008). McCain voted AGAINST every Obama spending bill, denouncing Obama’s multi-trillion dollar deficit spending as “generational theft.” McCain voted AGAINST the confirmations of tax cheat Geithner, radical pro-abortion advocate Sibellius, leftist attorney Kagan and transnational advocate Koh to their respective positions in the Obama Administration. McCain voted AGAINST the confirmation of Sotomayer to the U.S. Supreme Court. McCain voted AGAINST ObamaCare and was attacked by the New York Times for throwing bombs on the subject. McCain has announced that he will vote AGAINST this year’s cap and trade bill. The foregoing is as conservative a voting record as you could ask for. Give the RINO tag a rest as to McCain; the tag does not apply.

What, Allahpundit, you should be saying in seeing McCain and Palin together is how the country would have been much better off with a McCain-Palin Administration. McCain has been and is a pro-life fiscal conservative; that would have led to a very differnt response to the recesion of 2008 and 2009. At a time when the world is becoming more dangerous and arguably made more dangerous due to Obama appeasement policies, remember that McCain has been and is still is one of the more knowledgeable persons around concerning foreign policy, military matters and national security; significantly, McCain was one of the most qualified candidates in decades to be Commander in Chief. He was right about the Iraq War when even many Republicans went wobbly and fought off Democrat led efforts to cut off funding our troops in the field in Iraq; McCain could be right because he knows his stuff when it comes to Commander in Chief decisions. And Palin would have been there to put to rest any concerns about her readiness to govern.

Phil Byler on January 21, 2010 at 6:32 AM

well thank god she bailed on her job and wrote the book. The book what set our little nation free.

Thank you, Sarah. Thank you so much.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Good grief. New page to the Palinbots worship. Instead of “In Jesus name we pray” it is “in Sarah’s name we pray”

Bradky on January 21, 2010 at 6:40 AM

I agree with “TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 5:06 AM”
Sarah’s Book has done more to set our nation free, then you could (not that you would want to)

IowaWoman on January 21, 2010 at 5:27 AM

I think her book should be added to the New Testament, right before revelations.
She freed a million or so slobbering fans of 20 or 30 bucks to read her version of events. Nothing more and nothing less.
But since it was Sarah let’s make the appeal to the Christian nation to add this book to the bible…

Bradky on January 21, 2010 at 6:44 AM

I wouldn’t cross the street to save Maverick Senator John from a pack of wild dogs. Now I have to wonder about Sarah too?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Mr. Grump on January 21, 2010 at 7:54 AM

No, Sarah is not a RINO. Of course only a RINO would think so. She is loyal, perhaps to a fault. I support Hayworth over McCain and will send a few dollars his way because I can’t vote for him. That, as I said in another thread, doesn’t lessen my faith in Sarah one bit. If she runs in 2012 I will still work my considerable a$$ off for her. I don’t know if allahpunkass is just stirring the pot or actually trying to get people to doubt her. No matter. He has all the persuasive power of a gnat pushing a Peterbilt.

SKYFOX on January 21, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Bradky on January 21, 2010 at 6:44 AM

Thanks for showing us what a small minded, spiteful person you are.

darwin on January 21, 2010 at 8:32 AM

People, let’s get a hold of ourselves. You all fall right into Allah’s trap. He wants us all fired up because he called Sarah a RINO. He drops the bomb and gets his jollies seeing us all flail around.

Sarah is simply being loyal. Palin fans, let’s remember, We might not have had Sarah had it not been for McCain. He deserves her, and our, loyalty for that. I think she would be cast as a horrible ingrate by the right and left if she didn’t go to Arizona.

Dan Pet on January 21, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Before posting this “deeply” malicious attack on Palin, AP should have checked first on whether:
Romney, DeMint, Pawlenty, Gingrich, and the rest of the boys are supporing JD Hayworth.

THIS IS AGAIN ANOTHER POWER PLAY OF THE GOP INSIDERS TO UNDERMINE SARAH PALIN! GOOD JOB, AP FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION TO THE CLUB’S GOAL!

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Come to think, I have NOT heard ANY of the GOP top contender boys come out of the wall paper for McShamnesty.

Is AP sexist?

Since the campaign McCain has been in lock step with the loyal opposition. Do you just suppose he started his reelection posturing before anybody else. That old man is crafty, just like Nixon.

Blacksmith8 on January 21, 2010 at 8:46 AM

I love Palin and dislike Mac, but don’t hold her support of the old goat against her. After all that they went through, she couldn’t not support him if he asked; that would make her look petty, vindictive and very small.

That said, my support for Palin aside, if JD or another conservative challenges Mac, they’ll get some dough from me. I’d vote against Mac too, if I lived in AZ.

james23 on January 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM

“wingnut apocalypse”

LMAO… can I change my screen name?

bitsy on January 21, 2010 at 8:58 AM

[Allah]wants us all fired up because he called Sarah a RINO. He drops the bomb and gets his jollies seeing us all flail around.

Dan Pet on January 21, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Why, you seem to be suggesting that allah trolls his own blog! ; ) agree 100% w/ your second para.

james23 on January 21, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Apparently not enough hits/slams in the other thread for AP.

However:

AP logic:
Sarah Palin, not a RINO, associates with McCain, a RINO, then is transmorgified into being a RINO-by-association?
cf
AP, a RINO, associates with Michelle Malkin, not a RINO, then is AP transmorgified into being “not a RINO?”

Associations.
ted c on January 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM

The more appropriate ananlogy would be Michelle Malkin, not an anti-Christian RINO, associates with AP, thus becoming a Christian bashing squish. Who would have thought?

katiejane on January 21, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Y’all just keep bashing Governor Palin and that’s wrong. She’s only been out of office a couple of months. This is still her first year. I think we should give her a chance and then see how she does.
//Of course no one on here recognizes irony when they see it do they?

Blacksmith8 on January 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I think she realizes that it will take a while to rebuild the Repubs. Right now fiscal conservatism is needed and McCains has been staunchly against the Won.
This country won’t move left too quickly and it certainly won’t swing right quickly either.
One by one over multiple election cycles, the tea-partiers and fiscal conservatives will get the GOP to truly become the party of smaller government. The tea-partiers and conservatives have been powerful in the special, offyear elections. It will be impossible to do what we just did in Mass. in all the races across the country.
How about picking 5 progressives and really focusing on getting rid of them?

McCain will owe Palin big time, she doesn’t look like an ingrate, she is supporting a fiscal conservative. She doing the right thing.

chicagotrauma on January 21, 2010 at 9:05 AM

McCain simply needs to go. He had his time in the sun. He needs to be replaced with a more conservative Republican.

SP loses little supporting McCain in this manner. The rabid SP followers will forgive her this, just as the Paulbots forgive Herr Doktor his many, many foibles. I’m not comparing SP to Herr Doktor either; I’m comparing some of the tendencies of their supporters.

AP makes good points as to why this is a good move for SP.

catmman on January 21, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I guess now is as good a time as any for Palin to find out how fickle voter support is.
It’s going to be a long span until the next election for all the people anguishing over each and every step she takes.
Bail now so you can find your perfect candidate – and be disappointed again when you realize he/she doesn’t exist.

katiejane on January 21, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Not surprising. She was stupid enough to accept his invitation to join his Titanic of a campaign so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised she’d go and campaign for him. Meanwhile, he has a whole new crop of backstabbing little dirtbags working for him that will do their best to f*ck her over after the election. Way to set yourself up, Palin. Don’t look for sympathy when they turn on you. Again.

austinnelly on January 21, 2010 at 9:22 AM

O.T….I just want to know why it is the MSM hasn’t pulled a Palin on S.Brown. I love Palin and I voted for Brown, and I gotta tell you, they are very similar in character and political history. What do you think????

DJ from MA on January 21, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Here is the most important article on the web today. Doesn’t even make the Headlines, here. Wonder why:

Here is the most important article on the web today, about the failure of Romneycare:

“Massachusetts voters knew what they were doing when they ratified Mr. Brown’s request to make him the 41st Senate vote against the national version of RomneyCare.”

caveat emptor, GOP

james23 on January 21, 2010 at 10:07 AM

DJ from MA on January 21, 2010 at 9:44 AM

You’re right, there are lots of similarities. But one wears a dress and one doesn’t. I think that’s about all you need to know to explain the different treatment in the press.

And btw, don’t expect the press to go easy on Brown. They will start in on him soon and beat the tar out of him for 3 years, with a view to knocking him out in 2012.

james23 on January 21, 2010 at 10:13 AM

The only one I get Sarah Palin supporting is Michelle Bachmann. Other than Bachmann, I don’t get the line up that Sarah Palin is supporting. Is her support of these people just to get a Republican Majority back in the Senate, and the House? I am all for divided Government.

I am not voting for RINOS down in Texas Debra Medina (R) Conservative is running for Governor of Texas the old GOP machine doesn’t appear to be getting behind her…fine let the Democrats take the Governor’s mansion in Texas.

Meghan McCain was using Progressive Talking points in her post on the Daily Beast about Tea Party Folks…being fringe, how can a populist movement be fringe…Populism is made up of ordinary folks. What are the majority of folks in America if not ordinary everyday Americans?

So McCain made a point of clarifying his position this morning on Imus In The Morning…how he respects his wife, and daughter’s views on Gay Marriage but he doesn’t agree with them.

Still there is the perception that John McCain is a progressive himself when his daughter carries Progressives Talking Points in her online blog. The acorn doesn’t fall far from the tree kind of perception.

This reminds me when everyone accused John McCain of being just another George W Bush. Now his immediate families Progressive behavior cast doubt on his Conservative Creds again.

There are about 3 video clips of John McCain this morning on Imus In The Morning. This is about the Democrats losing the seat that Ted Kennedy occupied.

Dr Evil on January 21, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I don’t vote in AZ, so it’s actually not my business at this point. However, this step by McCain and his recent remarks on HC and the MA election actions have redeemed him a SMIDGE in my own eyes.

I was and remain sorely disappointed that he let Schmidt run roughshod over her.

However, this helps. A BIT.

AnninCA on January 21, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I like Palin mostly because she did work well with the Dems in Alaska. She’s not into partisanship for the sake of partisanship.

She’s into solutions that work for people, regardless of who cooks up the idea.

I’m personally sick to death of both political name-calling and absurd partisan fights that help nobody but the politicians themselves.

Enuf.

AnninCA on January 21, 2010 at 10:31 AM

james23 on January 21, 2010 at 10:13 AM

There’s plenty of chatter about his modeling bit. I think it’s offset by the fact that he’s obviously drop-dead gorgeous. But yeah, a woman couldn’t get by with that and remain viable in politics.

AnninCA on January 21, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Below is what I wrote to Gov Palin two days ago.

I read somewhere this weekend John McCain is courting your endorsement in Arizona. I hear he also wants you to visit and promote his campaign for reelection.

I am an Arizona resident and would like to share my thoughts. I urge you not to come to Arizona or support John McCain in any way, shape, or form. I promise you it will only have a negative impact on Sarah Palin. The people I know and talk with DO NOT want another term of John McCain.

If you come to Arizona to endorse anyone I suggest looking into the conservative candidate opposing McCain. I, for one, will not support another RINO. I do not care who is running.

Blog: usarmyguyretired.com

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves. ~D.H. Lawrence, Classical American Literature, 1922

usarmyretired on January 21, 2010 at 10:39 AM

1. This is a primary contest, not the general election.

2. All the good things I hear quoted about McCain’s record would be continued by JD Hayward. Hayward has not shown he is a sucker for a dramatic policy summit. Hayward has not come out against the Bill of Rights. Hayward wants a secure border. That puts Hayward up, for me.

3. Palin was supposed to be a top operator and a leader. Backing a guy known for sharp policy divisions out of sentiment makes me question her ability to rule the roost. Backing McCain does not help the grassroots momentum; McCain is all about backroom organizing. Backing McCain does not help partisan consolidation; McCain loves to upstage party loyalists with bipartisan compromises. Backing McCain does not help build a Palin machine; how much longer is John McCain going to be active in politics compared to Hayward? Against all that, you go in for McCain out of a warm fuzzy? Didn’t you mention in your book how badly he ran his campaign? If he didn’t listen to you then, what’s he going to do now, when you’re not going to be his right arm for four years?

DUMB.

Chris_Balsz on January 21, 2010 at 10:47 AM

IMHO…. She genuinely respects McCain as do most people. Campaigning for him is classy and respectful. McCain brought her to the party and she’s more than happy to dance with him. It also demonstrates that she understands that many of the issues she has with Republicans were with those running the campaign and not with the man himself. Everyone screams to see depth, well, that’s depth folks.

One thing that makes me crazy, is everyone wanting to force Palin into the “perfect candidate box” where every action, speech and association is measured for political effect. I think it has harmed our process and presented us with very weak candidates.

Let Sarah, be Sarah. If she runs, she will either be supported or not. But she needs to do this on her own terms and be comfortable with it. We’ve already got the “packaged candidate” sitting in the White House, do we really want to go there again? Or should we let her make her decisions and learn from them?

At the end of the day…. Palin respects McCain and she’s not going to hide it.

2nd Ammendment Mother on January 21, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Gee Whiz. I miss the “A” list Trolls. These “B” List Trolls aren’t fit enough to carry their water.

kingsjester on January 21, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Did they fire the trolls?

usarmyretired on January 21, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Dude, I think this officially makes her a RINO.

Ah, nothing like an inflammatory comment in the morning to get the post count up.

MrX on January 21, 2010 at 11:11 AM

usarmyretired on January 21, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I guess that’s what I meant to say. Sarah’s like a good dog. Kick her in the ass and she turns around and licks your hand. That’s NOT what we need right now. What we need is a dog that when you kick it in the ass, it EATS your hand.

Mr. Grump on January 21, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Sarah is simply being loyal.

Sarah is simply being.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Is there another conservative candidate in Arizona? Given the choice between McCain and an even more liberal Dem, I’d support McCain, too.

If there’s a better alternative, I’d love to hear more.

hawksruleva on January 21, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Governor Palin was just on with Glenn Beck. She handled the McCain endorsement sounding like somebody who runs their own party.

She is working with McCain to STOP ObowMaoCare. I wonder if she told John “Hold the line commander, help is coming, but you must hold this line“.

Reminds of the statement: You go to war with the general you have, not the general you wish you had.

Blacksmith8 on January 21, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Mr. Grump on January 21, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Safety tip: stay away from Todd. I’m just sayin’, it would end badly for you.

Blacksmith8 on January 21, 2010 at 11:31 AM

FOX NEWS ARTICLE

Over the past year, dozens of celebrities from Kristin Cavallari to Steve-O to Kim Zolciak have posed for the “NOH8″ photo campaign in an effort to overturn Proposition 8 and legalize same sex marriage in California.

The latest high-profile figure to take part in the initiative is a little more surprising: Sen. John McCain’s wife, Cindy.

“I couldn’t be more proud of my mother for posing for the NOH8 campaign,” daughter Meghan McCain tweeted on Wednesday morning. “I think more Republicans need to start taking a stand for and civil rights in this country and set the example that this is not a partisan issue.”

Cindy McCain’s position stands in contrast to her husband’s, the former GOP presidential nominee, who opposes gay marriage.

Sen. McCain’s office issued a statement Wednesday evening affirming his own stance on gay marriage without addressing the ad campaign directly.
“Senator McCain respects the views of members of his family,” spokesperson Brooke Buchanan said. “The senator chaired the effort to successfully pass Arizona Proposition 102, the Marriage Protection Amendment, and his opposition to gay marriage remains the same. Senator McCain believes the sanctity of marriage is only defined as between one man and one woman.”

The photo shoot took place in the desert outside of Los Angeles last week, Pop Tarts has learned. Cindy McCain’s desire to participate took photographer Adam Bouska by surprise.

“I was shooting the cover for Meghan’s tell-all political book that she’s writing, and her mother just came along for support, and suddenly asked if it was okay if she lent her face for the cause,” Bouska told Pop Tarts. “We were definitely surprised. We always knew where Meghan stood on the issue (she was one of the first to pose and show her support in June last year), but we weren’t sure about Cindy. She said it shouldn’t matter what political party you are part of, that shouldn’t be the issue that divides you.”

Bouska also said the response he has received since releasing Cindy’s photo has been overwhelming.

“Many people feel that she is taking a more progressive stance on gay marriage than Obama,” he added. “I hope this will help people see that it is okay to be gay and a Republican. There are so many bigger issues like war and health care we have to worry about; we shouldn’t have to be wasting time on this. It is basic human rights.”

Meanwhile Meghan McCain is slated to be the keynote speaker during February’s National Equality Week at George Washington University; although there was a misunderstanding as to whether or not she was still invited to attend given her opinion on the issue of gay marriage.

The GW College Republicans withdrew their co-sponsorship of the event after learning that she would be talking about Marriage Equality Week, not “what it means to be a Republican,” as they originally were told.

McCain thought this meant her speaking engagement had been canceled, but later tweeted that “until further notice” she was still scheduled to speak at the university.

“The event is still occurring,” Rob Noel, Communications Director at GW Republicans, told Pop Tarts. “[But] the GW College Republicans will not be co-sponsoring Meghan McCain’s visit to GW to deliver the keynote address during Marriage Equality Week. Ms. McCain’s views on marriage equality align with neither the Republican Party nor her father’s personal stance. Though we fully supported John McCain’s candidacy for President, we feel that Meghan McCain’s last name is not near as important as the message she advocates.”

J.D. Hayworth

usarmyretired on January 21, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Todd gonna beat you face up!

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Did not mean to post the above artcle yet, I was responding to the question of an alternative conservative to McCain in Arizona. It is J.D. Hayworth.

The above article was meant to highlight McCain’s progressive bent. You cannot tell me his wife does anything he does not approve of in the political sense.

usarmyretired on January 21, 2010 at 11:40 AM

I love how conservatives twist themselves into pretzels to defend Palin

if any other republican supported McCain, they would be lambasted for being a RINO

but Palin does it, and she’s just a loyal soldier…doesn’t that mean she’s being disloyal to the real conservative base then?

Palin Steele on January 21, 2010 at 12:31 PM

BTW, we get the last hour of Beck’s radio show live here and today I happened to catch it so heard him speaking with Sarah Palin. It was a pretty darn good discussion.

KittyLowrey on January 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Sarah Palin is never not thought-provoking, Kitty. It’s cause of she is so smart. Like Batman smart.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Maverick helped make the surge in Iraq possible. He is a true conservative as far as national security goes, and he’s a powerful voice of criticism against Obama. He’s not perfect, but let’s not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

joe_doufu on January 21, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Golly. Did you Trolls even finish high skrool? I know you can do better than this. Maybe not. Maybe this is all you have.

kingsjester on January 21, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Be very very careful Sarah. JD is your man. Particularly given today’s Supreme Ct repudiation of McCain’s true colors. We all know what “I’ve heard you”, regarding immigration overhaul, means. It meant and to this day still means, he just won’t talk about it!!, until elected.

Well, this year, McCain falls.

neoSon of Liberty on January 21, 2010 at 12:49 PM

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Nice grammar…. what were you saying about Palin’s intelligence?

BPD on January 21, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Palin Steele on January 21, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I had no idea McCain had picked “any other republican” to be his VP…

Branch Rickey on January 21, 2010 at 12:59 PM

joe_doufu on January 21, 2010 at 12:41 PM

We’re talking about a PRIMARY FIGHT.

Chris_Balsz on January 21, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Palin Steele on January 21, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Dum Dum!

daesleeper on January 21, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I think she should stay out the primary fights and use her firepower for whomever the GOP selects.

For starters, I’m not for re-electing ANYONE (that is not a CONSISTENT Conservative) currently in Congress.

Get rid of all the “GET-ALONG” Republicans as well.

Let’s elect NORMAL CITIZENS.

PappyD61 on January 21, 2010 at 1:02 PM

BECK hammered her Thursday morning over McCain being a PROGRESSIVE.

This is not the first time he’s mentioned it to her.

Hopefully she’ll get the message (her base is not infatuated with her support of RINO’s).

PappyD61 on January 21, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Wonder if Schmidt’s gonna be there. Will read comments & watch the video, but I am a RushBaby so he comes first. Nah, what I think is that she HAS to.

ProudPalinFan on January 21, 2010 at 1:05 PM

wingnut apocalypse

Love me. Thank you.

apacalyps on January 21, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Its unfortunate that Palin has to back McCain because he is not a real conservative. J. D. Hayworth is a real conservative attack dog! I’m rooting for him!

MCGIRV on January 21, 2010 at 1:13 PM

The commies can do more damage with SP not supporting McCain than half of us here being irritated by her supporting him

it’s a can’t win but lose the least type decision

and I believe that she’s a class act

Sonosam on January 21, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Gov. Palin is loyal to the man who stuck his neck out and nominated her for VP. She is returning his loyalty by campaigning for him. I believe she has more politically in common with Hayworth, but will stump for McCain out of respect.

Everyone needs to calm down and remember we are trying to reclaim our government from the proto-fascists. I also think McCain has realized “squishiness” gets him nowhere. He has voted and acted like a dyed-in-the-wool conservative since last November.

Black Ice on January 21, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Sorry…November 2008

Black Ice on January 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Title: the inconvenient post

AP – bro – let’s play a little game – the same game that American guy played by Roy Scheider (bad memory) and the Russia scientist/politician in 2010 (the movie) – for 5 minutes (figuratively) let’s tell each other the truth.

Am I at all correct when I postulate the following:

For you the Palin posts are a means to (ranked in order of importance)

1. Traffic. Traffic = cash. Cash = king.
2. Opportunity to bash a Christian. Atheism also = king
3. Snide/gratuitous/incendiary comments on your part about her generate traffic. (see number 1) or (go to top)

Conclusion: You get paid to make snide/gratuitious/incendiary comments about Sarah Palin. Doesn’t Olby, Maddow, Stewart… and all the other low lifes on MSNBC or where-ever get paid to do the same? Exit question: Doesn’t that sort of put you in their camp regarding this issue? Exit question number 2 – Regarding this issue – is that what Hot Air is about?

johnnybgood on January 21, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I like McCain. I don’t always love him, but I’m still not sorry I voted for him, and that’s not too shabby.

I think Palin is right to support him. I would think less of her if she did not.

AnninCA on January 21, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Maybe she just feels like she owes it to him after he picked her for VP. Why read more into it than that?

Terrye on January 21, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Sarah Palin gets paid to endure snide gratuitous and incendiary comments. The woman is very very big on getting paid, isn’t she? Yes. And she loves nothing better than to point to the really remarkable extent to which she is considered a contemptible opportunistic useless airhead as some sort of deranged proof of her worth.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Mr. Grump on January 21, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Safety tip: stay away from Todd. I’m just sayin’, it would end badly for you.

Blacksmith8 on January 21, 2010 at 11:31 AM

My guess is that Todd understands an anology a lot better than you do.

Mr. Grump on January 21, 2010 at 4:22 PM

AnninCA on January 21, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I don’t much care for McCain, but I would also think less of Palin if she had refused his request to campaign for him. This is an amazing thing for me because I see them as opposites when it comes to political courage.
McCain the kind of politician who is eternally afraid of risking the wrath of the press. This lack of political courage cost him the election in 2008.
Palin does what she believes is the right thing and to hell with the press. In this case the right thing is answering the call of the guy who gave your political career a huge boost. A future result will be having a Senator in your corner who will be loyal to your agenda instead of bitter over your “betrayal”. This may in the future translate into a reliable senior Senator actually helping her push through something like Social Security reform and actual government shrinkage should she actually pull it off in 2012.
Like him or not, McCain is loyal to those who are loyal to him.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on January 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM

BECK hammered her Thursday morning over McCain being a PROGRESSIVE.

This is not the first time he’s mentioned it to her.

. . .
PappyD61 on January 21, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I read on a gossip site (a Hollywood gossip site at that)that Beck is nervous about Palin taking over his plumby time slot. According to the article, she is charming and likely to get what she wants from management. This could explain some of Beck’s recent snarkiness for her and others.

TwilightAuthor on January 21, 2010 at 4:35 PM

I definitely think less of Palin for helping the grasping useless doddering McCain keep his seat and his influence. She probably wouldn’t be doing it if she thought it through, but nobody ever accused her of being a thinker.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 4:36 PM

OK. Blacksmith8,I guess I had better explain it to you.

A good dog will love you, no matter how badly you treat it. A good dog will literally lick your hand after you kick it.

Sarah Palin was badly mistreated by the McCain campaign in general and Steve Schmidt in particular.

Her appearence with McCain and her support is the political equivalent of licking his hand.

What we need is a dog who will react viciously when mistreated, regardless of prior loyalties.

Mr. Grump on January 21, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Happy feet lol

Sonosam on January 21, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Look, Rhino or not it does not matter. We have to get this economy under control first and worry about the social crap later. If we dont get some fiscal responsibilty back we are doomed and I mean doomed. Look at the frickin dollar, jobs, manufacturing, etc. He might be a Rhino but he’s HER Rhino and she gets it!

faol on January 21, 2010 at 6:32 PM

My guess is that Todd understands an anology a lot better than you do.

Mr. Grump on January 21, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Well then neighbor, let me educate you on my understanding. You got stuck on stupid and compared Governor Palin to a dog. I fully understand that Todd Palin doesn’t need me or anybody else defending his wife’s honor. I was snickering and suggesting as an elbow to the ribs would suggest that you are being stooooopeeed as you should realize that men don’t take kindly to remarks like that.

Moments later, I imagined your position had you made the unfortunate mistake, (I’d call it a mistake because if you did it on purpose, I’d call you deranged), of disparaging my wife. Here’s a hint: it’s not vertical.

Blacksmith8 on January 21, 2010 at 10:12 PM

faol on January 21, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I thought many social conservatives were also limited government conservatives. What’s the economic agenda?

…Does the GOP have an agenda?

Or are we back to “Who cares what happens, we gotta do SOMETHING”

Chris_Balsz on January 22, 2010 at 12:52 AM

When Palin’s FEC records are finally revealed, we’re going to find out what candidates she’s been sending money to. This may not end well.

Pitchforker on January 22, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Sarah Palin is about Sarah Palin. We’re just a prop. Time to wake up people. We can’t afford to lose the American people for the second time with false populist, conservatives. So much is at stake. So when I see Palin pailing around with the King of Rinos and that snake Perry, my radar goes up.

Pitchforker on January 22, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Here’s the picture of Mrs. McCain.

txag92 on January 20, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Well, Well. Our President says insulation is sexy and right away I thought, What about duck tape? Duck tape can be sexy too! More people in DC should try it! Now we have the perfect advertisement.

sweet pea on January 22, 2010 at 3:19 AM

Cindy McCain endorses same-sex marriage campaign

This family does not represent conservative values.

True_King on January 21, 2010 at 5:39 AM

+1,000

BobAnthony on January 22, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Pitchforker on January 22, 2010 at 2:04 AM

+1,000,000!!!!!!

And if you want to hear from the REAL president of the US and that includes you ya neocon globalist NWO ass lickers…GO HERE!

AND YES IDIOTS RON PAUL SAID TO THE CIA, IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO GO! AND GLENN BECK CALLS RON PAUL SUPPORTERS CRAZY?!?! SUCH HOGWASH!

BobAnthony on January 22, 2010 at 7:15 AM

I was going to try to explain it to you again, but you still wouldn’t understand it. Just STFU ang go back to your comic book.

Mr. Grump on January 22, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Following news that Sarah Palin will campaign for him in Arizona, Senator John McCain has opened a significant lead in the Republican Primary campaign.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely 2010 Republican Primary voters in Arizona finds the longtime incumbent leading former Congressman J.D. Hayworth by a 53% to 31% margin. In November, the two candidates were virtually even.

LurkerDood on January 22, 2010 at 8:56 AM

I’ve been meaning to ask you Trolls: Doesn’t it hurt your heads to sleep in tin foil hats?

kingsjester on January 22, 2010 at 9:25 AM

What a shame. This is the ass clown who brought you McCain Feingold (that the Supreme Court rightfully trashed), and amnesty for illegals. Not to mention being an airhead who ‘suspended’ his campaign to return to Washington only to vote for TARP and Stimulus Porkulus. My opinion of Sarah Palin has gone down a few pegs with this one.

kens on January 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Mr. Grump on January 22, 2010 at 8:23 AM

My collection of Green Hornet not withstanding, I’m not the one drooling in public, spitting in the wind, pulling on superman’s cape, and kicking my dog, that was you.

Blacksmith8 on January 22, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I hope that Sarah learns that this is a two-fer for McCain that is not good for her. By twisting her loyalty instint, McCain can:1) Get a couple of the conservatives that he despises to vote for him, and2) Seriously damage her with the Tea Party movement, which he fears and undoubtedly hates.If McCain deserved loyalty, he wouldn\’t have asked her to damage herself to do this.

Spartacus on January 22, 2010 at 11:32 AM

BPD on January 21, 2010 at 5:34 AM

I stand corrected, and I apologize.

However, you know, and I know that it could have never happened. As soon as it was announced the loons, Devon, Biegel, Moore, et;al would have worked overtime filing ethics complaints. It would have been a bigger circus than what it already was.

gary4205 on January 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Let me ask you “gentlemen” who are trashing Sarah for backing McCain, a smart move on her part, and the right thing to do.

I bet if we took a poll, right here, right now, 100 percent would say Dick Cheney is Teh Man, and rightly so. But I don’t hear a single silly son-of-a-bitch attacking him, not one. Nor are they attacking George W Bush.

No one has gone crazy on these two guys, and yet they are supporting someone that makes McCain look like the second coming of Ronald Reagan: Kay Bailey Hutchinson!

Why isn’t every one bashing Cheney? KBH is only a couple of notches better than the two Senators from Maine!

Even better, they going against our SITTING GOVERNOR, who is anti-Big Government and solidly Conservative. Hell, he’s one of the Governors leading the nullification movement and strongly asserting states’ rights.

And yet….here’s Dick Cheney backing an “establishment” candidate who couldn’t BE more of a Washington insider!

Governor Perry is the clear choice and head over heels better than Hutchinson or “Ron Paul light” Debra Media. I mean this woman is a loon.

The bottom line is this. Sarah has integrity, and loyalty. These are traits people seldom have in politics.

I am not a McCain fan, and frankly wish he hadn’t asked for Sarah’s help, but he did. You idiots hate her for helping him out. I’m just the opposite….I would think a lot less of her if she DIDN’T help John out. THAT would be putting politics over principle.

I know one thing, I’d much rather have John McCain in the Senate than KBH as Governor of Texas!

gary4205 on January 22, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I bet if we took a poll, right here, right now, 100 percent would say Dick Cheney is Teh Man, and rightly so. But I don’t hear a single one of you attacking him, not one. Nor are they attacking George W Bush.

gary4205 on January 22, 2010 at 1:05 PM

No surprise that Palin’s supporting McCain’s re-election campaign. She’s a big girl, a lady proving how thick her skin is.

Doesn’t make me like McCain or support him now.

Go J.D. Hayworth!

And though Palin’s supporting Perry in Texas, as he stood by her during the media assault on her family, that doesn’t mean that Perry is the best candidate to govern Texas, having proven corrupted (for kickbacks to finance his political career, willing to stick it to all Texans) in two major agenda items already that the people defeated. Medina is not corrupted and is much more studied in major Texan personal issues than both Perry and Hutchison combined, and offers more realistic solutions than either big GOP name.

I like Palin, and hope that she continues to do well. Palin, perhaps better than most, has the knack expressing her differences of opinion in debate with civility. Her new position at FOX ought to be a lot of fun right now. “Drill here, drill now, JOBS!!!”

maverick muse on January 22, 2010 at 1:19 PM

–and Jennifer Lopez can eat worms.

maverick muse on January 22, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Hutchison’s inability to talk straight would be an automatic LOSER tag but for all the new people moving into the state from all over, with their progressive Washingtonian hang-ups. Ex: CA folks leave CA only to spread their bankrupting liberal amnesty spending votes like a plague across the nation.

Ron Paul represents his constituents responsibly in their way, or he would not keep getting re-elected. It’s too bad that he is a purist on isolationism; but that does not discredit the need for sober citizens to contemplate exactly when we ought to mind our own business, when the Federal Government should mind its own business and keep out of sovereign states’ rights or honor our Bill of Rights for instance. Can anyone “explain” how Obama refused McChrystal the needed troops to secure our position in Obama’s War in Afghanistan, and postponed sending the reduced troops for a year, so that Obama could send half as many troops to Haiti, without a clear mission, as he has decided to have in Afghanistan? More voices supporting Ron Paul’s hardline at moments, including bucking Bernanke out from pirating the Federal Reserve, would be helpful. So don’t slam Libertarians unless you plan on doing everything yourself, and losing without their help politically to defeat the Marxists that Obama represents in government.

I watched the previous GOP candidate debate between Medina, Perry and Hutchison, and became introduced to Medina at that point. She impresses me as a solid conservative who knows Texas issues, particularly matters regarding our personal rights about which both Perry and Hutchison had no idea what legislation had been passed in Texas during their tenures in public office. Perry’s corrupt highway and Hutchison’s corrupt railway are both going to be tax-payer rip-offs. And Perry issuing an executive order requiring ALL SCHOOL GIRLS, no parental choice, to be vaccinated with a vaccine that kills and is NOT yet safe, again for kick-backs, is nothing to brag about. Those two decisions show two Achilles Heels that Perry chose for himself at the expense of civil rights (vaccine) and at the expense of giving the construction bid to a FOREIGN COMPANY to build instead of a TEXAN COMPANY to keep the money in our local economy. The railway Hutchison proposes will only cost taxes and never ever work, just keep costing more to “finish” which will never end.

maverick muse on January 22, 2010 at 1:43 PM