Reunited: Palin to campaign for McCain in Arizona

posted at 8:46 pm on January 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Dude, I think this officially makes her a RINO.

Welcome to the club, Sarahcuda!

Sarah Palin, McCain’s former running mate and perhaps the most powerful brand in Republican politics, will stump for McCain in Arizona on March 26 and 27, a Palin adviser told CNN. The presence of Palin – and the considerable crowds and media attention she will draw – might give pause to J.D. Hayworth, the former Republican congressman and radio host who opposes McCain’s position on illegal immigration and is mulling a Senate run of his own.

The former Alaska governor will also hit the campaign trail in the coming month for two conservative heroes – Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

I didn’t think McCain would swallow his pride and ask her, but oh well. Maybe he’s taking that potential challenge from J.D. Hayworth more seriously than we thought. I posed this question back in November, when I first wrote about this scenario, so let’s pose it again: Does this give Maverick political cover to vote a little more centrist-y this year than he otherwise might have given his vulnerability in a primary? Palin’s endorsement is the gold standard among the base; if she says “vote McCain,” it might not be enough to get grassroots righties to actually vote McCain but it might be enough to get them not to vote Hayworth, which is all Maverick needs. In fact, it might convince Hayworth — or any other more right-wing candidate — not to challenge McCain at all.

It’s obvious what he gets out of this. What does she get out of it? Two things, I think: (a) The moral high ground, rushing to his aid after Steve Schmidt et al. have spent months tearing her down, and (b) an inroad into the media narrative that she’s itching to lead some sort of “wingnut apocalypse” or whatever that’ll devour all moderate Republicans in its path. Truth be told, if she was inclined that way, there’d be no bolder statement she could make than by taking on her former running mate, particularly by backing some sort of independent tea-party candidate. Instead she’s being a good soldier, just like she was a good soldier in staying out of the Massachusetts race until it was over, when she called to congratulate Brown. Take this as further proof that she meant what she said to Rush (and to Beck) about working within the party, not outside of it — even if it is a bit odd that Maverick somehow doesn’t qualify as one of those Republicans who’d best be replaced by a more conservative party member.

Here’s video of her talking up Brown last night on Greta.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I’m sorry, Rock. I have been waiting for the day to see maverick put out to pasture.
I say, start a campaign to have Sarah cancel…..

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:38 PM

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I’ve been here…mostly flybys…

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:38 PM

The book (400 pages in four months! She’s good!) she could have published while governor, but how about the bus (private jet) tour? How about the paid speaking gigs? Could she have been a FNC contributor while while still governor? I doubt she could be profiting quite as handsomely as this from the Alaska governor’s mansion.

This is my opinion BPD. I can’t prove anything, but I can put 2+2 together…

Alright, I’m outta here!

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM

The big day was the book…. everything else is marginal in comparison. Yes, she could have done the book tour (I have heard, but can’t confirm, that the Alaska governor gets 2 months vacation per year). And you prove my point with your snark about the ‘bus (private jet) tour’ talking point. She never called it a bus tour…. matter of fact, nobody did, except leftists trying to gin up nontroversy. It was always referred to as a book tour by her and her publisher. It was even mentioned by her publisher before the tour started that part of it would be by plane. In fact, a simple reading of the published schedule of events shows that on one day, she had two events, several hours apart, yet 500 miles apart. That’s a fast bus! So much for 2+2.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Maybe we can give McCain a Conan O’brien type contract. We will pay him $40 million to shut up for a year.

It would be worth it.

Geochelone on January 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I’d send my money for that!

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Well, Crap.

I can see why she would do it, but I don’t have to like it.

Strike one, Sarah.

LegendHasIt on January 20, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Great. I’m very pleased to see this from her.

Especially considering McCain’s 180 since the administration began.

Spirit of 1776 on January 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Legend,
either a take or a foul…

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Obligations, sometimes they leave a bitter taste.

Speakup on January 20, 2010 at 10:33 PM

But, you know some of the people that comprise the NRSC probably have obligations to Crist, as well, and not to Rubio. That may be the reason for their support but it’s not an excuse for cronyism.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Spirit of 1776,

wet finger in the air…

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Lanceman:

I heard the other day on a cable blurb that Mac was considering running in ’12 for Pres. I have no idea if it was accurate. All I know is that I felt sick to my stomach and then real POed at the idea. That’s why I was thinkning about it. He is so egotistical, I wouldn’t put it past him.

JimP on January 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Palin is a very decent person and owes her political propelling in the spotlight to McCain. And now she also owes quite some financial interesting propositions all just to the maverick mentality of McCain by selecting her.

mooseburger on January 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM

So now she’s going to pay her debt by spending the efforts of Arizona conservatives that have been trying to get rid of McCain for years and are on the verge of success?

Sorry Arizona conservatives and Tea Partyers, but Palin owes a debt and you hold in your hands what she needs to repay it.

That’s why people don’t like cronyism.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:51 PM

That wisdom cuts both way, daesleeper. Be sure to remove the log from your own eye…

I’m not perfect, and yes, I like to get in a dig against politicians and personalities I don’t like, but I avoid personal attacks and ad homs with regard to other commenters. Mostly…

Unless I get kicked off of here, I’m not going anywhere. My posts are as much “contributions” as anyone elses.
Sticks and stones…

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I wasn’t offering wisdom.

Remove the log from my own eye? What is that? The atheist attempting to quote the bible without understanding?

You had a chance to extablish some credibility. You took a pass on that. No credibility means you are posting only to agitate.

Thanks for moving the ball down the field chump.

daesleeper on January 20, 2010 at 10:51 PM

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Indeed.

But I was one of his harshest and most unrelenting critics during the campaign, so I will give him his due now.

Spirit of 1776 on January 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM

it’s not an excuse for cronyism.

What that is right there is commonsense conservatism I think.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Dude, I think this officially makes her a RINO.

Well than you should love her Allahpundit. You are the blog-king of the Rino’s. /

portlandon on January 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Don’t do it, Sarah.

Please don’t do it.

Dave R. on January 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I just read some comments in the Arizona blogs/papers and it looks like it may be backfiring on both of them. Sarah supporters don’t like McCain and vice versa.

I understand why Sarah would do it, but I’m not sure if it helps or hurts either of them.

njpat on January 20, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Especially considering McCain’s 180 since the administration began.

Spirit of 1776 on January 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Or, more specifically, polls showing his impeding loss to Hayworth back in Arizona.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:55 PM

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Good distinction.

Spirit of 1776 on January 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Sarah won’t affect the base on this topic. We’ll go hear her speak, but we won’t be voting for McCain. He is really down in polls. They had a vote with the Maricopa County Republican Party. It is the most liberal county GoP, yet McCain lost to JD big time.

I also was polled by McCain’s committee. They hung up on me when I told them it would be a cold day in hell before I vote for him.

I’m also disappointed that Scott Brown has been making robo-calls supporting MCcain.

Tim Burton on January 20, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I just don’t have a problem with this. McCain, on his worst day, is still 80-85 percent in agreement with conservative values, has fought Obama in key areas, and I respect loyalty. Really, she’d look like crap to turn on him after all she’s said about him.
Plus he’s still the best chance to hold this seat.
And, if this is a move toward 2012, it’s shrewd. Old Mac is still a pretty popular man in New Hampshire.

Shotgun Messiah on January 20, 2010 at 11:00 PM

You guys are hilarious. “OMG, it’s a primary! Let the voters of AZ decide! Stay out of the state!” I’m sure you feel the same way about all those nosy out-of-staters voicing support for conservative primary challengers in Florida, Alabama, etc.

John9400 on January 20, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Bad idea. This is potentially divisive and may lose key votes and supporters of either Palin or Hayworth. Her heart may say she ought to support him, but her brains should be saying, he’s not what the GOP needs right now. Where does it leave Hayworth and the Tea Partiers? Palin beating the drum for McCain just clouds the issue and fractures everybody’s loyalties. Mac should go and let Hayworth do his best.

Reconsider Sarah. Don’t be dumb.

Ozwitch on January 20, 2010 at 11:03 PM

politically Palin is way ahead of the game here. She knows she will need help from the inside the beltway crowd against Mitt and his minions. How to get some of that help but by one defending Steele and 2 defending McCain.

the real test for Palin will come in FL. Will she side with McCain or will she side with Rubio.

I say Crist drops out soon.

unseen on January 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Spirit.
He needs to retire…Hayman would be best for all. imho. ‘)

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Shotgun Messiah on January 20, 2010 at 11:00 PM

But shouldn’t the people of Arizona decide whether or not they want him or Hayworth to represent them, not you or Sarah? Not that Palin can stop them, but how is it any more her business to get involved in Arizona’s Republican primary than it is the NCRS’s business to get involved in the Florida primary between Crist and Rubio?

And nobody is saying that she shouldn’t support McCain, only that she should wait until the primary is over before doing so.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 11:07 PM

What’s ironic is it was actually McCain what first foisted Sarah Palin on an innocent and trusting nation. And here she is all this time later going out of her way to support her old benefactor. That’s really beautiful. You just don’t see that sort of ingratiating, wheedling behavior anymore.

It’s the times.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Wow. It’s like you’ve never watched a political campaign before. I can’t wait to see you condemn those nosy politicos who go to Florida to campaign for Rubio.

John9400 on January 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I know the Palinites are gonna have seizures, but if she were still Governor, she would be getting a lot better press. The Obama magic has worn off by now. She could be showing she what a real executive can do when they obey the voters’ will.

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Should the various Tea Party organisations stay out of the primaries, too? After all, that seems to be the underlying objective of the TPM.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

John9400 on January 20, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Uh, the people of AZ are going to decide whether Palin is there or not. I do have to wonder where were the cries demanding Palin mind her own business when she backed Hoffmann over Scozafava (sp).

mizflame98 on January 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I say Crist drops out soon.

unseen on January 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Being down here…I’m hearing that more frequently now….we can only hope pray…

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Anyone who thought she would not campaign for McCain doesn’t have a brain. There would be no Sarah Palin without McCain. If she didn’t campaign for McCain, then I would not have any respect for her. They both respect each other, no matter how much crap was laid on her by some of the McCain staffers, she never said anything bad about him. Lets keep in mind that she has had some old McCain staffers helping her on the book tour, so they weren’t all dolts or disloyal. Where do you thing she would get the structure to mount a national campaign? Phoning up her neighbours in Wasila. Come on. This is politics. POLITICS. I also think there is more there than we can see. McCain has always defended her, being pestered all the time and given many opportunities to do so. Even Meghan McCain has stayed away from cracks about Palin, so all of us out of the loop should understand there is some connection between them and as far as we know they are in contact on strategy. Did you catch Brown saying thanks to McCain for his help in getting ready for his run. Let this go and leave this topic alone. McCain can bridge some divides and has considerable weight in some Washington circles, something she will have to deal with sometime down the road.

PhilipJames on January 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I do not argue that at all. I can both approve of Palin’s decision and hope McCain is replaced by a more reliable conservative voice.

Spirit of 1776 on January 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

The Tea Party movement is organized at a local level.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM

In theory, that sounds great. But she was basically prohibited from being an effective governor from the moment she returned from the 2008 election. And the press she was receiving then was equally as bad. Every last ‘ethics violation’ was covered in the media, particularly on the broadcast morning shows, as if it meant anything. Conveniently, the coverage was lacking when she was repeatedly cleared of any wrongdoing.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 11:14 PM

mizflame98 on January 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM

That wasn’t a Republican primary. There was no Republican primary, that’s why Hoffman ran.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Would McCain ever consider retirement kind of like Democratic Senators have? I think that would be the best option, but I fear how McCain would act in Congress if he was pushed toward the exit (Would he leave GOP or some? Give Obama 60th vote?)

El_Terrible on January 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Spirit of 1776 on January 20, 2010 at 11:12 PM

As I said before, I understand the loyalty aspect…heh, who wouldn’t…
I just pray she trid to talk him out of it and somehow it leaks out…where’s steve…’)

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Would McCain ever consider retirement kind of like Democratic Senators have?

El_Terrible on January 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM

He might retire if he’s convinced that Hayworth is going to win, but Palin’s support is probably going delay that possibility.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 11:19 PM

McCain knows he’s in big trouble, and is trying to capitalize on the popularity of Palin and Brown. To already be running ads against J. D. when he hasn’t even announced is despicable. It made me sick to lose J. D. before, and I would love to see him back in Congress. I respect John’s military service, but I am sick of him working with the other side against Republicans. What is funny is reading all the comments of support for him now that Palin is going to be campaigning for him after a year of reading comments talking about getting him out of office.

silvernana on January 20, 2010 at 11:19 PM

No one will ever select her as a veep candidate again. Cause of she was a disaster.

She will become president shortly after Nell Carter does.

She turned her back on running for the Senate to be a fox news comment girl.

She really doesn’t need to know a heck of a lot about dealing with Washington circles when you think about it. Except maybe she might want to take her kids to the Smithsonian. Dinosaurs rock.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Hayworth was my congressman for several years, and he was a very good one. He would make a GREAT senator. He’s truly conservative and if I still lived in Arizona he would have my vote.

Shay on January 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Dinosaurs rock.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 11:21 PM

You guys slay me…HAHAHAHAHAHA…
just for s&g’s…who were you before…. lol @

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 11:27 PM

What I’m afraid of is, that if McCain loses the primary, he knows he’s out… and he’ll be PISSED. Will he take that out on us by giving Obama his 60th vote on something like amnesty?

Michael Steele should talk to him about retiring. He’s given us a lot of years of service, there’s no need for him to serve until he’s 90.

El_Terrible on January 20, 2010 at 11:29 PM

If she doesn’t understand that McCain is a Progressive and lost the election because he was just a horrible candidate, then she’s lost me. I had high hopes for her, but have been waiting for something to show her true hand. This is it an it tears it for me.

Hayworth would be great. McCain is poison. I dumped Mitt because of his alignment with McCain and now I’ll dump Palin. Just proves it’s just more of the same crap from the same brand of politician.

So sad…. just SO sad…

Joy on January 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Yes, he will. But then, he already would have on that issue. He’d cosponsor the bill! But he’d also take his revenge in other ways. He’s shown in the past that he is a spiteful and vindictive man who cannot be trusted.

Joy on January 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Is this any way to talk about the man what was the 2008 Republican nominee and what remains the head of the R party as it struggles to free our little country of the dirty socialists what maraud the land?

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Joy on January 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM

If McCain wins the primary though, his win in the general election would depend on whether he rejects amnesty, so I don’t think he’d flip. I think our chances of ensuring amnesty is dead is to keep McCain happy. Ironic isn’t it?

El_Terrible on January 20, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Can someone tell me what JD Hayworth’s plan is for illegal immigration? His “AZ solutions” are 7 different ideas from 7 different citizens- a few of them have a path to citizenship, one has the US buying,renting,taking parts of Mexico (like that will work when they want to retake the SW)and I see no comments from Mr Hayworth on the positives or negatives of each point of each plan.

journeyintothewhirlwind on January 20, 2010 at 11:40 PM

journeyintothewhirlwind on January 20, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I received two robo-phone calls from Scott Brown today in support of the re-election of John McCain. The call was obviously recorded after the election unless Brown was completely confident of winning. Pretty fast work.

Jasper61 on January 20, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Scott Brown is a lot mistaken if he thinks he was elected to carry McCain’s water.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 11:48 PM

AZ resident here. The only reason I’m still a registered Republican here is so I can vote for McCain’s challenger in the primary (hoping it’s Hayworth).

I love me some Sarah.

But I loathe me some McCain much, MUCH more.

And I’m not sure if it’s been brought up already (didn’t wade through 4 pages of posts), but McCain IS SCARED. He’s been running ads discussing Hayworth’s position on issues and Hayworth hasn’t even officially announced his candidacy!

jennifernaz on January 20, 2010 at 11:48 PM

but I can put 2+2 together…

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM

The extent of the O-bot intellect. And they can’t even do that right.

ddrintn on January 20, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Again, this is about loyalty. Even if I despised McCain, I’d give her a pass on this. I’m shocked people who claim to be fans will turn on her for one endorsement they don’t support. And does anyone have a problem with Sarah supporting Rick Perry in the Texas Gubernatorial primary, because she’s doing that too, against the more moderate Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Shotgun Messiah on January 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Hey I wonder if Michelle O is pro gay marriage like Cindy McCain? :-)

Caper29 on January 20, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Sarah Palin doesn’t need to be getting her Sarah Palin brand of gack all over perfectly good candidates I don’t think.

Please show a little restraint, Sarah. You’re just not all that and it’s sad sad sad to watch you running around like you think you’re a somebody.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Again, this is about loyalty.

Shotgun Messiah on January 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Then I hope you’re not one that has been critical of the NRSC for being loyal to Crist in Florida.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Dear Sarah is so Reagansque. She is following the 11th commandment of not criticizing fellow Republicans and showing that she is above the petty slop of Schmidt et al. Her political savvy is amazing. Good for you, dear Sarah!

YankeeinCA on January 20, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Cindy McCain — wife of 2008 GOP presidential candidate John McCain –has taken a high profile position contrary to her husband’s on the issue of same sex marriage, by starring in a new ad to support the fight against California’s Prop. 8.

The Associated Press is reporting the story tonight, saying that Mrs. McCain stars in the new ad, in which she is depicted adorned “with silver duct tape across her mouth and “NOH8″ written on one cheek.”

NOH8 is one of the army of gay rights groups which has challenged Proposition 8, the law banning same sex marriage which was passed by California voters in 2008. Currently, a federal court trial in San Francisco is underway, challenging the constitutionality of the law.

Django on January 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM

happyfeet is a troll commenter from Paterico’s site. Pretty much sucked there too.

Americannodash on January 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Django on January 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM

What I dislike from this campaign is that it is no different than what BO et al have been saying about the tea parties and people who disagree with them.

If you disagree, they say it must be because you are full of hate, are an extremist, and probably support violence against women. It could probably be used in ads against McCain.

El_Terrible on January 21, 2010 at 12:05 AM

The only McCain ads that I have heard attack Obama. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

McCain ads

Jasper61 on January 21, 2010 at 12:08 AM

El_Terrible on January 21, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Exactly. “NOH8″ Give me a f—ing break. Disgusting. If they want to persuade on this issue, they could start by addressing things like guaranteeing tax-free status and non-prosecution of churches who refuse to perform gay marriages. Rote branding of those who disagree with you as “h8rs” is moronic and only guarantees fixed opposition.

Django on January 21, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Sarah will do what she has to do. It won’t change my mind in the least. If JD runs I’ll vote for him in the primary. If he wins good and if he doesn’t I’ll put a clothespin on my nose and pull the lever for McCain in the general election.

chemman on January 21, 2010 at 12:12 AM

McCain is the only one I’m giving her…God I hope if he’s re-elected she and the rest of us CONSERVATIVES don’t end up regretting it…

CCRWM on January 21, 2010 at 12:18 AM

You folks crack me up. As of right now, McCain has no opponent for the Republican nomination. JD needs to make a decision; he’s stringing people along and I’m absolutely not a fan of that.

Secondly, I’m not sure if you’d call appearing at a private fundraiser “stumping” for McCain. Reports tonight are that she’s doing a high-dollar, private fundraiser in Phoenix for him. Meeting the big money people in AZ is a smart move on her part.

howIroll on January 21, 2010 at 12:18 AM

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM

And how many comments have you posted in this thread about a “nobody”?

ddrintn on January 21, 2010 at 12:19 AM

That’s why people don’t like cronyism.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Idiocy. Okey this post like this:

IF ALL REPUBLICANS IN THE SENATE ARE REPLACED AND BECOME “JUNIOR” SENATORS …. WE ALSO PAY FOR A PRICE.

A “SENIOR” BUT “CONSERVATIVE” SENATOR “MCCAIN” (especially if dying and sick, later on – Geesh! what a power)

will always be

WILL ALWAYS BE A BIG AND BETTER AND EFFECTIVE AND “LARGER THAN LIFE” SENATOR

THAN A NEW-FACE, PURIST, AND YET “LESS POWERFUL” …

“JUNIOR SENATOR”.

Whether you like it or not The Rules of the Senator traditionally HONOR SENIORITY.

Plus, I love the Conservative NON-MAVERICK MCCAIN since 2008. [I hated him in 2005.]

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 12:25 AM

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 12:25 AM

And if amnesty and the Cr*p and tax bills come up for a vote, what then. He hasn’t repudiated his stance on either. So while he has held firm so far that is not a given with the above bills.

chemman on January 21, 2010 at 12:29 AM

YankeeinCA on January 20, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Um, excuse me, but JD Hayworth whom she’ll be campaigning against IS a Republican, and unlike McCain, a conservative Republican.

So no points for you.

FloatingRock on January 21, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Shotgun Messiah on January 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM

FANS? YES…. THEY ARE ALL MITTBOTS! GINGRICHITCHATS, DEMINTORS, AND PAULBOTS!

Before posting this “deeply” malicious attack on Palin, AP should have checked first on whether:

Romney, DeMint, Pawlenty, Gingrich, and the rest of the boys are supporing JD Hayworth.

THIS IS AGAIN ANOTHER POWER PLAY OF THE GOP INSIDERS TO UNDERMINE SARAH PALIN! GOOD JOB, AP FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION TO THE CLUB’S GOAL!

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 12:36 AM

howIroll on January 21, 2010 at 12:18 AM

It’s only January.

FloatingRock on January 21, 2010 at 12:37 AM

She’s going to campaign for Slick Rick Perry as well, instead of one of the better candidates for our governorship. Time for the hockey mom to mind her own business.

The Dean on January 20, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Relax nutbag, ‘Dr Paul” isn’t running for Governor.

Perry is the only choice for Texas. KBH is a LIAR (Liberal Impersonating A Republican) and Medina? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Besides, she has to take care of her Vice President!

Palin/Perry 2012….Learn it, live it, love it!

gary4205 on January 21, 2010 at 12:40 AM

I am going to try again.

What is Mr Hayworth’s plan for illegal immigration? He has 7 different solutions from 7 different people on his site.
Would he put up ones that are out of line with his thinking? too bizarre? or would he put up ones that track with his ideas?

IDK- but a few of these have paths to citizenship and one has the US buying/renting/taking,yes taking Mexican land to create a kind of work zone buffer.

So if McCain is wrong about Amnesty? how is a path to citizenship different?

journeyintothewhirlwind on January 21, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Django on January 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM

If Lady McCain had a problem with Prop8, she should have campaigned and voted against it in CA..oh wait

macncheez on January 21, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I DON’T know what the solution to immigration looks like. I want our borders secure but I don’t know how to get there.

Also looking at these 7 ideas he has on his site:

A few of them have special biometric cards, special driver’s licenses etc- WHO creates them and pays for them? Another layer of bureaucracy and expense. If it is each individual State that creates these cards, ahem, most of them are already deep in debt. Will they be allowed to move around? If so, they will need to change cards if they are State issued cards.

Some have them getting these special cards, not social security cards, paying taxes, but not becoming citizens and being able to vote. That isn’t going to pass the “no taxation without representation” test.

Some of the ideas have the illegals reporting to the police to start this process. Police budgets are already strained. How are they going to be able to handle that load? How many officers would have to be hired or come off the streets to do paperwork? Isn’t this ICE’s job?

journeyintothewhirlwind on January 21, 2010 at 1:10 AM

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 12:25 AM

chemman on January 21, 2010 at 12:29 AM

If McCain once again betray us and Palin in supporting such junkies, Palin will be a Greater and More Powerful, and Dangerous Enemy of McCain.

McCain never gave us a headache in 2009.

McCain, being a loser to Obama, will always be a nemesis of Obama. Proof: Bush.

Thus, you want a permanent enemy of Obama’s agenda? YOU GET THE BEST OUT OF MCCAIN.

Keep McCain in the Senate. He will always oppose Obama’s socialist agenda.

Plus, the lesson in the senate is this: “Junior senators” are naive and prone to “bipartisanship”.

Why? Because they are still learning the “rope”. That’s why.

Instead of wasting time of seeking purity in the Senate by removing McCain:

Watch out for Scotty Brown. He needs constant reminder every now and then.

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Watch out for Scotty Brown. He needs constant reminder every now and then.

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I mean, he had a very a “sweet” call from Obama, right?

Very sweet! That’s the start of demonization of a conservative in Washington.

Instead of praising Brown like a savior, let’s help him and toughen him by reminding him that “glitters” in Washington are deadly and poisonous to one’s conviction.

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:21 AM

My final take:

Poor Sarah Palin. Everyone is her enemy.

I hope she won’t run in 2012. Let the snippers get their wishes.

Let the Americans further enjoy the 2 terms of Obambi especially if Romney will be the nominee. BWA HA HA HA!

For the mean time, I will be content in seeing the Obama’s supermajority “fully broken” in November.

That means that Obama’s spinners will have a greater excuse in 2012 election for Obambi’s disaster policies. Can’t wait to see Chrissy Matthews talking like this:

“Those GOP obstructionists did destroy Obambi’s Great Socialist Utopian plan. Hates’ them.”

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:28 AM

journeyintothewhirlwind on January 21, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Actually there is NO PROBLEM AT ALL. There are existing, good enough IMMIGRATION LAWS.

Revitalize the enforcement of the existing laws!

A new one (whether pro-Republican or pro-Democrat) will always be additional layer to exiting bureaucratic enforcement problems.

Bush was weak in encouraging State enforcement of the law. Obama will never do anything except worsen the situation.

WE NEED IMPLEMENTORS, NOT NEW LAWS! NOT ANTI OR PRO RHETORICS!

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:33 AM

happyfeet is a troll commenter from Paterico’s site

no. This is untrue. I am a conservative like my father before me. And it’s Patterico’s… with like how many t’s? Two. There are two t’s.

I’m just a lot unamused with the idea that our poor poor and emphatically beleaguered little country has the luxury of a fascination with a novelty item like cable news superstar Sarah Palin who is a lot unhelpful in actually, you know, doing stuff, isn’t she?

Yes. Yes she is.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM

A new one (whether pro-Republican or pro-Democrat) will always be an additional layer to existing bureaucratic enforcement problems.

Sorry for being a poor and lazy typist. He he he!

Plus … NEW LAW MEANS NEW, ADDITIONAL BUDGET. That’s how they always do it in Washington.

No law … no additional cost to the people!

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Yes. Yes she is.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Idiot, without her take on Death Panels, you will now have Obama’s Socialized Universal Health Care Law.

It was her leadership on that subject alone that gave the Republicans the boost that it needed against Obamacare.

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:39 AM

It would be great to see McCain and Palin lose this primary in my opinion.

Spathi on January 21, 2010 at 1:39 AM

you’re actually implying an entire little country of idiots when you say that

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Yes. Yes she is.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM

You know, you will be more “credible” if you will say the same thing to Rush Limbaugh and the rest of Fox News Gang.

Common, say it! It will surely boost your “conservative” bonafides.

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:50 AM

you’re actually implying an entire little country of idiots when you say that

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Well, I call “idiocy” as an idiot does. You just did that with your post! Stupid!

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

I’m so busted.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 1:53 AM

It would be great to see McCain and Palin lose this primary in my opinion.

Spathi on January 21, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Fair enough.

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 1:54 AM

I gotta admit, any Mexican national who claimed refugee status based on drug violence would have a pretty solid case these days.

I’m not so crazy as to recover “their” social security taxes though.

The best move forward on immigration would be to dump the notion of “comprehensive” reform. Stop holding good ideas hostage to the dumb ideas of bigshot DC operators. Take them as they come.

Chris_Balsz on January 21, 2010 at 2:20 AM

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Sarah couldn’t have written the book while governor (at least not for money) Alaska ethics laws wouldn’t allow it, and obviously you don’t have a clue how Toxic Obama’s operatives made Alaska. No way in hell she could have left the state to promote it, with out the loons filing 100′s of “complaints.”

Might be best not to comment on things you don’t know about.

gary4205 on January 21, 2010 at 2:21 AM

well thank god she bailed on her job and wrote the book. The book what set our little nation free.

Thank you, Sarah. Thank you so much.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 2:32 AM

A “wicked” pivot… Nice choice of words. I think she’s going to be a good president. Hopefully, the first female one. Hopefully soon.

Rugged Individual on January 21, 2010 at 5:00 AM

Well thank god she bailed on her job and wrote the book. The book what set our little nation free.

Thank you, Sarah. Thank you so much.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Bailed on her job, you say? What’s her job by the way?

Last time I looked, her job was to think and do “ways and means” for the progress of her people in Alaska.

If that was her job, QUITTING WAS THE MOST HEROIC THING TO DO. She had no idea that accepting the VP nomination when duty called her would cost her everything and would penalize her with the eternal sniping (like what you’re doing) from right to left. The sniping by Democrat machinery was never ending and the Establishment Republicans didn’t do anything to help her or even shield her.

When she felt that the same was already TAXING to her people, Palin resigned.

The wonder of wonders? She accomplished all her promises in just 2 years. Check her records.

Besides, who wouldn’t want power? Establishment politicians will never give up their positions and powers in the Government. It’s the only thing that mattered to them.

For Palin, it’s not the position or power. It’s the people.

Power to the People!

TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 5:06 AM

Thank you, Sarah. Thank you so much.

happyfeet on January 21, 2010 at 2:32 AM

I agree with “TheAlamos on January 21, 2010 at 5:06 AM”
Sarah’s Book has done more to set our nation free, then you could (not that you would want to)

IowaWoman on January 21, 2010 at 5:27 AM