Reunited: Palin to campaign for McCain in Arizona

posted at 8:46 pm on January 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Dude, I think this officially makes her a RINO.

Welcome to the club, Sarahcuda!

Sarah Palin, McCain’s former running mate and perhaps the most powerful brand in Republican politics, will stump for McCain in Arizona on March 26 and 27, a Palin adviser told CNN. The presence of Palin – and the considerable crowds and media attention she will draw – might give pause to J.D. Hayworth, the former Republican congressman and radio host who opposes McCain’s position on illegal immigration and is mulling a Senate run of his own.

The former Alaska governor will also hit the campaign trail in the coming month for two conservative heroes – Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

I didn’t think McCain would swallow his pride and ask her, but oh well. Maybe he’s taking that potential challenge from J.D. Hayworth more seriously than we thought. I posed this question back in November, when I first wrote about this scenario, so let’s pose it again: Does this give Maverick political cover to vote a little more centrist-y this year than he otherwise might have given his vulnerability in a primary? Palin’s endorsement is the gold standard among the base; if she says “vote McCain,” it might not be enough to get grassroots righties to actually vote McCain but it might be enough to get them not to vote Hayworth, which is all Maverick needs. In fact, it might convince Hayworth — or any other more right-wing candidate — not to challenge McCain at all.

It’s obvious what he gets out of this. What does she get out of it? Two things, I think: (a) The moral high ground, rushing to his aid after Steve Schmidt et al. have spent months tearing her down, and (b) an inroad into the media narrative that she’s itching to lead some sort of “wingnut apocalypse” or whatever that’ll devour all moderate Republicans in its path. Truth be told, if she was inclined that way, there’d be no bolder statement she could make than by taking on her former running mate, particularly by backing some sort of independent tea-party candidate. Instead she’s being a good soldier, just like she was a good soldier in staying out of the Massachusetts race until it was over, when she called to congratulate Brown. Take this as further proof that she meant what she said to Rush (and to Beck) about working within the party, not outside of it — even if it is a bit odd that Maverick somehow doesn’t qualify as one of those Republicans who’d best be replaced by a more conservative party member.

Here’s video of her talking up Brown last night on Greta.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

AP – Don’t forget, Palin made her bones in Alaska fighting corruption in the GOP est. and taking on the Good ol Boys network.
The Apologist on January 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM

What did she do to fight corruption in Alaska? Where do you guys get this stuff?

lowandslow on January 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

BTW Palin was pretty darned good on Hannity tonight. That first week, she tended to stick to talking points and at times was unimpressive. None of that tonight. In fact she basically issued a word of caution to conservatives that Obama would attempt to pay lip service to our concerns while trying to figure out ways to ram a health care bill through. And that is how Obama sounded today; makes me nervous when he starts to sound a bit concilatory. As Palin noted, these people aren’t stupid, and this is no time to get complacent.

Erich66 on January 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Some of us knew who she was before…
Her life didn’t start when Mc pickd her…duh !

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM

My point is that is it is completely ILLOGICAL to be disappointed in Gov. Palin for supporting Mccain NOW after she ran on a Presidential ticket with him 18 months ago (so, she clearly supported him THEN and it shouldn’t be a surprise NOW).

Mccain has been nothing but conservative since the election. So, if you are disappointed in her NOW, you should have been disappointed with her for accepting the VP bid for a RINO’s ticket. It’s a completely illogical school of thought that people are taking here.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM

That’s not what the poll said. You’re free to criticise who you want, but try sticking to the facts.

The idea that Sarah Palin is qualified to be president is risible. She couldn’t handle her governorship. She bailed cause of it was too hard.

Just cause the dirty socialists got to nominate and elect a lightweight puffalump doesn’t mean it’s Team R’s turn.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Dude, I think this officially makes her a RINO.

Dude: Ridiculous and argumentative.

It makes her a loyal friend who, as anybody who’s read Going Rogue understand, has enormous admiration for John McKean.

Palin is her own person, and this is a natural move for her.

rrpjr on January 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Hey, I was front ‘n’ center admitting that the Dems got the defeat they deserved. I also said that the President will not panic and that HCR will be enacted.

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Delusional, in other words. And you said I’m the windup artist. LOL

Why did the Dems deserve the beating? For not passing those crap sandwiches sooner?

ddrintn on January 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM

If the Tea Party goes against the wisdom of Sarah Palin and gives to Hayworth instead of McCain, that will speak volumes about our movement. It would be kind of nice in a way to show all the pols that no one is safe — we give and vote on principles and substance, not personalities!

PrincipledPilgrim on January 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Please………..she has to campaign for McCain.

She can’t disown him anymore than he can disown her. Maybe she’ll PULL HIM closer to the right and give HIM some political courage.

She was really the one at the convention in 2008 that was willing to fight. He was just the one that once he got the call from Soros he was done, and honored to lose to the Caliph.

PappyD61 on January 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Sorry, maverick was on. Fell asleep.
I hope it’s a ploy to hunt down the old horse and get him to the glue factory.
Time to go, walking corpse…Elmer’s needs you!

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

President will not panic and that HCR will be enacted.

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

chumpThreads: Hopey is dead in the water,Team Liberal
is floundering!!:)

canopfor on January 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Did anyone expect anything else? McCain has been solid in DC since Hopenchange so not going out for him would be seen as ungracious.

El_Terrible on January 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Well, if anyone knows RINO’s it’s Allahpundit!

Dave From Canada on January 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

She couldn’t handle her governorship. She bailed cause of it was too hard.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM

This is not a true statement. Just wishing it were so does not make it so. But I give you a solid B+ for effort.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Hey, two can play that game.

ddrintn on January 20, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Ron Paul has a higher positive favorability percentage than Sarah Palin. Spin that however you want. Ron and his son are the real conservative candidates at this point. Palin had the chance to be it, but decided to hang out with the wrong crowd like McCain, Kristol, Gingrich, etc.

The Dean on January 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

BTW – the person Brown thanked for his support right after Romney was McCain.

Queen0fCups on January 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Yeah! Not exactly thrilled with that either.

silvernana on January 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Yep, good point.

ddrintn on January 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

And honestly I’m a Palin fan (principles and communication abilities and she’s not afraid to TEACH Conservative principles), but it doesn’t really mean all that much to me if she supports McCain or Perry (both Open Borders/NAFTA loving/New World Order types).

Maybe she’s already sold her soul like Beck asked her. Time will tell.

PappyD61 on January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

lowandslow on January 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Look it up slimeball

bill30097 on January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

It’d be nice if you were to ignore Hot Air from now on.

Lanceman on January 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Why? Is it really so scary to that someone expresses a point of view different from yours? The definition of “troll” here appears to be “anyone who doesn’t participate in the ehco chamber.”
I’m not on Kos precisely because I don’t want to participate in an echo chamber.

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Sorry, maverick was on. Fell asleep.
I hope it’s a ploy to hunt down the old horse and get him to the glue factory.
Time to go, walking corpse…Elmer’s needs you!

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

HornetSting: It sounds,Sarah the Fox,is leading McCain
into a political trap,me likey!!:)

canopfor on January 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

This Palin 2012 fan understands her doing the decent thing for the man who picked her to be VP. I do hope he loses in the primary

bill30097 on January 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

The Dean on January 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

When did she have a chance to be it?

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

61% of Arizona Republicans Say McCain Out of Touch With Party Base

Rasmussen: 2010 Arizona GOP Primary: McCain 45%, Hayworth 43%

Sarah, I have a great deal of respect for you, you’re the only reason why I supported McCain, but McCain’s in serious trouble with the base in AZ as well nationwide. He’s currently running ads against JD Hayworth, who hasn’t even declared, he’s in trouble and we have a real chance in AZ of finally getting rid of this betrayer. This makes me reconsider my support for you. If it was any other Rino, I probably wouldn’t this strong about it. McCain is an anti-Constitution politician.

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

The Dean on January 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Don’t know the accuracy of the statement, but let’s spin it like this. Ninety percent of the people who know of Ron Paul are committed Ronulans. The guy has so many wacky ideas mixed in with some good ones that he would never ever have a legitimate shot at the presidency. Spin that however you like.

ddrintn on January 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Here is how Sarah Palin handled corruption in Alaska.

Emperor Norton on January 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM

When did we get new trolls? Is it too soon for spring cleaning?

El_Terrible on January 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

No. Different points of view are just fine. Your problem is that you make statements that are blatantly false and intended to demean. Therefore — troll.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Not necessarily RINO, but it shows weakness. She should have pride enough to spurn him after all the rumors that came out.

MadisonConservative on January 20, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Well, I think this works for her in that it helps downplay the rumors.

Esthier on January 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

They probably ignore you there.

ddrintn on January 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I have the Great and Grand RINO Purge List!!

I,see no rush,now,or the future,to put SarahCuda
on it!!

Next!!

canopfor on January 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM

It does NOT make her a RINO. There is a moral high ground and she is on it. Allah, you really need to build a bridge and get over it honey. Sarah is here to stay and there is nothing that you can do about it.
IMHO, he will have massive turn out only because she is going to be there, just like the campaign. He uses her to draw massive crowds and she uses him to stay out there keeping herself on the minds of voters.
BTW: I really don’t think it’ll help him.

Exit question: Is Allah just manifesting his disappointment from last nights a$$ whoopin onto the Cuda? Me thinks so.

milwife88 on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Don’t sweat it chumpT, everyone gets called a troll in certain threads: Palin, Beck, Newt, etc.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

61% of Arizona Republicans Say McCain Out of Touch With Party Base

Rasmussen: 2010 Arizona GOP Primary: McCain 45%, Hayworth 43%

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I agree.

PrincipledPilgrim on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Then why did you ever support her? She agreed to run on his ticket as VP. The criticisms you have for her now would have applied on August 29, 2008.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I got 24 bottles of Sam Adams winter selection today. Of course this is a down grade from time-tested Trader Jose’s premium brew but in the current Zeitgeist of patriotism I think Sam Adams deserves to course through my veins.

Geochelone on January 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM

A 2-4 of Sammy’s? Not bad, but dude, the Hopslam is here!

2ipa on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Look it up slimeball

bill30097 on January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Look it up? Look what up? There’s nothing to look up, she didn’t do jack about corruption in the GOP.

lowandslow on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Dean, Ron Paul is never going to be President. I know it’s hard to accept, but you’ve got to let it go, dude.

Good Solid B-Plus on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Then actually try to persuade. Invective, obtuseness, impugning, etc. are not persuasive techniques. If you are here simply for narcissistic and/or cathartic reasons do not be surprised when people tell you to shut the kcuf up.

daesleeper on January 20, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I thought Beck was a little black-helicopterish with his statement of not being able to trust anyone. But I think I am right there with him. I will form my own opinions based on facts, not the seal of Sarah Palin or anyone else.

PrincipledPilgrim on January 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Guess we gotta work twice as hard for Hayworth!

Chris_Balsz on January 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Guess we gotta work twice as hard for Hayworth!

Chris_Balsz on January 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I’m in!

PrincipledPilgrim on January 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Here is how Sarah Palin handled corruption in Alaska.

Emperor Norton on January 20, 2010 at 9:54 PM

That article is absolute bullshit, she didn’t help the FBI put anyone in prison. She had absolutely nothing to do with VECO, nothing.

lowandslow on January 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Nonsense. I express my opinion, and I invite you to point out which opinion I’ve expressed is false…I’ll wait…
And if “statements intended to demean” constitutes trolling then 99% of the people posting here are trolls!
Care to rethink that, BPD?

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I suspect you’re right, but that’s why I’m currently pushing his son Rand Paul, and Gary Johnson, as the future of the party. People will be sick of the Gingrich/Romney candidates, even if it takes another decade or two.

The Dean on January 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I think it’s very, very likely that Palin will hurt McCain. This feels like smarmy political backscratching and it cheapens both of their already considerably cheapened brands I think. Politics as usual. And it will definitely energize people who want to see the opportunistic Palin go do something else with her life where no one has to listen to her inane babblings.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

mizflame98 on January 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM

mizflame98: There are two lists,The Purge List,

and the Future Keeper List,and so far,the list is
growing!!

FKList
======
Sarah Palin(aka,SarahCuda)
Michelle Bachman(aka,Bachman Overdrive)
Scott Brown(aka,need a theme name)———————:)

canopfor on January 20, 2010 at 10:02 PM

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Nothing scary about it at all. But this is a place to commiserate and exchange thoughts and ideas by somewhat like-minded people. Not everyone here agrees on Sarah Palin, but I do defend the non-trolls such as VoxPopuli. It just so happens that people like you feel the need to attempt to ruin an otherwise enjoyable discussion. But, hey.

Lanceman on January 20, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Palin’s supporting all the wrong candidates: McCain over Hayworth, Rick Perry over Debra Medina, and so on. Whatever happened to the Constitution and 10th amendment?

The Dean on January 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Palin’s supporting the people she thinks can help Sarah Palin, Mr. Dean. It’s how she rolls.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM

lowandslow on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Earlier, I linked what Palin did to fight corruption in Alaska, which you were wondering about. You ignored the link.
As for corruption in the GOP, Ben Nelson and Mary Landrieu, both Democrats, have both been recently nominated for a Nobel prize in corruption.

Emperor Norton on January 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I just spent the last few mins or so trying to find the clip where she indicated or openly stated she wanted to change McCain’s mind on a number of topics…I believe it was on Greta’s show…can’t find it…
The point is, taking the offer was a stepping stone and she’s been climbing steadily since…
Remember what she accomplished in AK…Indorsing McCain is a step back…

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Paul would get a higher amount if he won the primary…

The Dean on January 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I guess it’s not bong smoke. It’s evaporated mescalin.

You’re out of your mind. But then, we knew that.

MadisonConservative on January 20, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Regarding Palin; She just dropped a number of points with me and many others out here. I think she is starting to buy into the RINO position.

AZ_Redneck on January 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I’m not an AZ voter but this costs her points in my book as well, especially if it succeeds in tipping the scale against Hayworth.

It would be one thing if she campaigned for the winner of the primary, hopefully Hayworth, but like the NRSC, which is supporting RINO Crist against Rubio during the primary, (and rightly receiving flak for it), Palin is also supporting RINO McCain against the conservative in a primary. It’s not even her state.

If we end up with McCain again instead of Hayworth because of Palin, especially if it then results in amnesty, she can suck eggs as far as I’m concerned.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:06 PM

lowandslow on January 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Lemme guess. You’re Steven Webber, right?

That’s it, folks. It’s all over. Anytime some assclown from the left says something isn’t true, well, you can take that to the bank.

“Low, why did you just steal a cookie?”
“I didn’t steal a cookie.”
“I just watched you steal it.”
“No, you didn’t.”

Lanceman on January 20, 2010 at 10:06 PM

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Dude, enough. This is a completely different situation. During the election we were trying to find a way and reason to support McCain, she provided it. I knew she had to more or less toe the company line so we dealt with it in hopes of getting a more conservative candidate for 2016.

I haven’t lost any love for Sarah Palin, but this is a very disappointing decision. I hope I’m wrong but I’m beginning to get a vibe that she’s beginning to join the machine.

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Really? Illegal immigration was the underlying reason Arnold spent tens of billions on stem cell research and ‘green’ jobs?

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM

The cr@ppy conditions of our schools, hospitals, freeways, neighborhoods courts and jails, are a testament to what illegal immigration has done to CA. The cops in all cities, big or small are overwhelmed with illegal alien gang-bangers, drug pushers ,car-thieves and identity-thieves. And the state is broke just providing for services to illegals and their anchor-babies. Arnold did nothing to control any of this, just like a true Kennedy . In addition to that he went on a spending spree, under orders from the libs.
Arnold went for appeasing LaRaza as well as the loony left
to appear bipartisan. He has ruined our economy and he still doesn’t see anything wrong with what he has done. Just like McCain.
I worked to recall Gray Davis. I know the money and numbers were bad when Davis was around. Arnold made it worse, and he isn’t even sorry !

macncheez on January 20, 2010 at 10:08 PM

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Really? How can McCain help Palin?

ddrintn on January 20, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Hmm….you notice that Palin and McCain also have daughters who are “available”? Come to think, so did Bush…

Chris_Balsz on January 20, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I’m an atheist. I don’t believe in messiahs.
Boy, your snarks are really lame.

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 9:34 PM

You’re an athiest? Shocka!

pugwriter on January 20, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Remember what she accomplished in AK…Indorsing McCain is a step back…

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I don’t follow the logic… the criticisms of Mccain stem from his actions PRE-Aug.2008. Palin was willing to support him then, in a much more influential position than the one she is supporting him for now. People upset with her now should have been upset with her then.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

daesleeper on January 20, 2010 at 9:57 PM

That wisdom cuts both way, daesleeper. Be sure to remove the log from your own eye…

I’m not perfect, and yes, I like to get in a dig against politicians and personalities I don’t like, but I avoid personal attacks and ad homs with regard to other commenters. Mostly…

Unless I get kicked off of here, I’m not going anywhere. My posts are as much “contributions” as anyone elses.
Sticks and stones…

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

The Dean on January 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Do you need a pair of kneepads, happyfeet?

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

If she tips the election for McCain it will be devastating. We finally have the electorate here ready to kick his butt out and here comes Sarah to resuscitate him.

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Indeed.
However, I believe that many people will come out to see Sarah, but will NOT be fooled by maverick and will vote for the conservative candidate in the primary.

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

She has no business interfering in your primary. She should be receiving as much heat as the NRSC is for supporting Crist over Rubio.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM

How can McCain help Palin?

I think Palin probably thinks he could damage her very badly if she doesn’t dance monkey dance for him.

The reason I think she probably thinks this is because of it’s true.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Agree.

PrincipledPilgrim on January 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Lanceman on January 20, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Then show where she helped the FBI and Justice Department go after Allen, Stevens and the rest of the pieces of shit involved in VECO. I’m supposed to prove she didn’t help the FBI? WTF is that?
All Palin ever did was get the States GOP chairman thrown off the oil and gas commission for doing GOP work on the states dime. She wasn’t feeding information to the FBI on VECO because she wasn’t part of it. Good grief.

lowandslow on January 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Probably so, but let’s face it, some of them are going to vote for whoever Palin favors. Just like she can tip the scale in favor of McCain, she could also do the same for Hayworth. She shouldn’t be tipping the scale for either one, letting the people of Arizona decide, and then she can tip the scale in favor of the winner against the Democrat.

Frankly, if Hayworth wins regardless of Palin’s interference, she’ll probably be somewhat toxic in the state and, if I were Hayworth, I wouldn’t want her back during the general.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM

How can McCain help Palin?

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Non-answer. Oh, McCain is blackmailing Palin to come campaign for him!! He has dirt on her!!! Pathetic.

ddrintn on January 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Sometimes, you gotta take the good with the bad. There will be times when Scott Brown disappoints us individually.

Lanceman on January 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM

The reason I think she probably thinks this is because of it’s true.

happyfeet on January 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Because of it’s true?

Sure…

Esthier on January 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I agree. Something tells me that the tea-partiers are independent enough to go against the will of Sarah Palin when she is wrong though… which is healthy. Maybe Sarah has something to learn from the tea parties too.

PrincipledPilgrim on January 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Bad move. I realize that she feels that she owes him something. But she doesn’t. She brought his numbers up in ’08. Considerably. Debt paid. Bad move Sarah. What about J.D. Hayworth? DD

Darvin Dowdy on January 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM

You claim she ‘quit’ to ‘cash in.’ When she resigned, she offered several reasons for it, none of which was to ‘cash in.’ Now, you might argue that it is your opinion that she ‘quit’ to ‘cash in’ but that is demonstrably untrue. She already had her book deal and had gone through the process of achieving approval from the personnel board to ‘cash in’ as a sitting governor. She could have profited quite handsomely had she remained governor.

Nice try. Better luck next time.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

lowandslow on January 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I have not researched that. It just so happens that anything a leftie Kosbat says, logic dictates the statement as suspect.
If you are not a leftie, but simply a Palin hater, I apologize.

Lanceman on January 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

JD Hayworth is a true conservative. I hope he runs. I hope he trounces Johnny.

stenwin77 on January 20, 2010 at 9:18 PM

McCain is the one with a Senate voting record and it’s up to Hayworth to make the best of it.

Americannodash on January 20, 2010 at 9:46 PM

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 9:53

From what I have gleaned, Hayworth sounds like a one-issue (anti-immigration) candidate. Wouldn’t that make McCain the “better” choice?

I would love to see a Secretary of Defense McCain.

AshleyTKing on January 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I don,t like McCain and hope he loose the primary .I also like Palin.I don,t think she could have turned him down out of gratitude for picking her for VP.But if he looses i don,t think she will shed any tears.If she does this then she can burn the bridges and move on for herself out of his shadow for ever.

thmcbb on January 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I think AP may be on to something about Mac voting more centrist with Palin supporting him. As for Palin, well it hurts her I think, but she is a loyal person and that shows character so I suspect it will only hurt her a little with her fans, of which I am one. However, I will say that for me it is a one time, and one time only deal. If McCain runs for Pres in ’12 and Palin supports him then, she’s through with me, and probably with the rest of her fans. Mac is a skunk and every Palin fan I know hates McCain with a passion. Watch out Sarah, you’re on a high wire.

JimP on January 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM

JimP on January 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Come on, Jim. How many times does McLame have to lose before it dawns on him that ‘somebody up there don’t like him’? No real disrespect intended to John McCain. I just wish he’d go away.

Lanceman on January 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

AshleyTKing on January 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I’m not a Hayworth expert but he’s been around for a long time and is hardly a single issue candidate. It just so happens that illegal immigration is a major issue in Arizona and McCain is on the wrong side of it.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Palin is making a big mistake campaigning for McCain. We in AZ have had our fill of him. McCain does NOT represent AZ, he only represents himself!! McCain is running scared because knows JD will beat him if he gets in the race (hopefully)! McCain is so worried we rec’d calls last night asking if we would vote for him or another & if we were voting in 2010. Then today we get a recorded message from the new Sen. Brown (MA) stating that he supports McCain & was asking us to do the same. Well this household will NOT be supporting McCain. McCain praised Obama @ 100 days – would love to have that YouTube video air coast to coast!!

Kat13 on January 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM

To further the Conservative cause she championed in AK to the entire nation she had to get into the light…
She’s in the light…
She would’ve better served the cause by talking McCain into retiring and passing the torch…
I’d like to entertain the idea that that conversation took place…but who knows.

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Palin is now dead to me.

Mr. Arrogant on January 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

O/T, but not really…..

I’m sick of seeing John McCain and his lapdog, Lindsey Graham on television, speaking for the GOP!

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

The Dean on January 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM

OK, I might be a bit dense right now, but what does Palin supporting Gov. Perry or Sen. McCain have to do with the constitution and the 10th amendment?

mizflame98 on January 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM

How about “loyal friend” instead of “good soldier,” AP? Maybe we should quit trying to label her as anything other than what she is. A bona fide condendah.

Tennman on January 20, 2010 at 10:29 PM

AshleyTKing on January 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Illegal immigration, there is a DIFFERENCE~but, okay~
Illegal immigration affects:
National Security.
Healthcare Costs.
Entitlement Costs.
Environmental Costs.
(Trash at the border, left by illegals and more traffic on CA highways).
Voter Fraud.
Paybacks for Special Interest Groups.
(La Raza)

Stopping illegal immigration is a START. It is MORE than what our congress is doing for our country RIGHT NOW!

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Aaaaahk.

That should be bona fide contendah.

Tennman on January 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM

O/T, but not really…..

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Fox needs to knock that crap off.

Mr. Arrogant on January 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Nice try. Better luck next time.

BPD on January 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I’ll make this short, BPD.
To resign is to quit. She quit.

The book (400 pages in four months! She’s good!) she could have published while governor, but how about the bus (private jet) tour? How about the paid speaking gigs? Could she have been a FNC contributor while while still governor? I doubt she could be profiting quite as handsomely as this from the Alaska governor’s mansion.

This is my opinion BPD. I can’t prove anything, but I can put 2+2 together…

Alright, I’m outta here!

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Obligations, sometimes they leave a bitter taste.

Speakup on January 20, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I think McCain might have to deal with this:

smartsy on January 20, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Hornet’s on a roll…go girl…You have the thread…

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Alright, I’m outta here!

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM

The good news keeps a flowing!

I don’t think that maverick is going to rub off his need to bend over for the guys across the aisle onto Sarah.
But, I still don’t like it.

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:35 PM

chumpThreads on January 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM

HAHAHAHAHA…good…byyyye

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:35 PM

thmcbb on January 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM

This is a primary, not a general election. She doesn’t have any obligation to go into a state that’s not her own and try to persuade Republican’s to support one Republican candidate over another. Many Republican’s in Arizona have worked very hard for years to get rid of McCain and now it looks like they may finally have succeeded—and Palin is just going to waltz in their and try her best to destroy the efforts of Arizona’s conservatives by pulling McCain’s charred RINO hide out of the fire? Not that she has any personal stake or interest in the race, she’s just returning a favor at the expense of the people whom actually live there.

That’s as admirable as the National Republican Senatorial Committee supporting Crist over Rubio, as in, not at all admirable.

FloatingRock on January 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Hornet’s on a roll…go girl…You have the thread…

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Hey Jerry~long time, no see~cheers!

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM

PULEEEEEZZZEEEE

Not everything needs a complicated explanation.

PULEEEEEEZE

Palin is a very decent person and owes her political propelling in the spotlight to McCain. And now she also owes quite some financial interesting propositions all just to the maverick mentality of McCain by selecting her.

Palin will be a major help for McCain’s reelection so why should he not ask her for that help and why on earth would Palin not help him?

I thought that only liberal morons could not see the obvious.

mooseburger on January 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM