Olby: Massachusetts suddenly turned racist!

posted at 12:15 pm on January 20, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Howard Fineman of Newsweek calls this “a good question.” Perhaps, only if you’re a blithering idiot, or if you’re shilling for the world’s worst news anchor of all time. Keith Olbermann’s question? It comes at the very beginning (via The College Politico):

OLBERMANN: The Republicans and the Tea Partiers will tell you what happens tonight with Scott Brown tonight, whether he wins or comes close, is a repudiation of Obama policies, and surely one of Obama’s policies from the viewpoint of his opponents is that it’s okay to have this sea change in American history, to have an African-American President. Is this vote to any degree just a euphemism the way state’s rights was in the 60s?

FINEMAN: Wow, that is a good question.

Yes, because the state that gave Barack Obama a 26-point win in November 2008 has suddenly discovered its inner Bull Connor.  That’s not “a good question,” it’s a baldfaced smear on the people of Massachusetts.  They elect one Republican, and suddenly in Keith Olbermann’s eyes, everyone there wears a hood and burns crosses. It’s absurd, and Fineman should have said so immediately instead of playing along with Olbermann’s vicious fantasy world in which 201o Massachusetts has become 1966 Mississippi.

Fineman himself goes off the rails with this, however:

OLBERMANN: What were the Scott Brown ads, though?  Every one of the Scott Brown ads had him in a pickup truck.

FINEMAN: That’s why I mentioned pickup trucks.  I mean, my mind goes back to Fred Thompson down in Tennessee.

Pickup trucks are now racist?  I’m curious; do the people who make trucks also qualify as racists?  How about the truck manufacturers that advertise on NBC and MS-NBC?  I wonder if they like the implication that pickup trucks and the people who buy them are really latent haters and bigots.    Maybe someone should let them know about it, huh?

Update: Jim Treacher notes that for a sportscaster, Olby’s not much of a sport.  He cut away for most of Brown’s acceptance speech.  Good thing no one expects actual news any more at MS-NBC.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I’m sure this has been pointed out before, but Olberman needs to keep singing that exact song over and over and over again. Yes, all those independents in Mass. are RACIST! That’ll get them voting democrat for sure Keith.

Keith is so supersmart!

But not as smart as the Mass. voters.

caygeon on January 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM

How can anyone watch NFL football with clown around?

Caper29 on January 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Put your TV on “mute” and find the game on the radio. That’s what I do.

sdd on January 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM

We own 4 ‘pick up trucks’.
I am racist.
We also own dozens of rifles.
Racist, again.
I voted against Obama for POTUS.
Racist again.
I bitterly cling to my guns & religion.
Racist.
I don’t like rap music. At all.
Racist.
My ancestors owned lots of slaves.
Racist through inheritance.
I do not believe in affirmative action.
Racist.
I teach in a school that is all white.
Racist.
Guess I better get the burning corsses out?!

Badger40 on January 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Keith, when did you stop beating your wife boyfriend?

shick on January 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM

FTFY

JohnGalt23 on January 20, 2010 at 1:17 PM

It’s really too bad the left has only one page in their playbook.

Juno77 on January 20, 2010 at 12:17 PM

And that includes pictures to color.

Badger40 on January 20, 2010 at 1:17 PM

FINEMAN: That’s why I mentioned pickup trucks. I mean, my mind goes back to Fred Thompson down in Tennessee.

Pickup trucks are now racist?

Ah never sell my pickup… ‘cept’in ta buy ah-nother one. Besides, mah pickup truck’s black… That has ta count fo som-fin.

RalphyBoy on January 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Pickup Truck = Poisonous monster
Motorcycle = ACLU helmet law source of income
Tricycle (with Bell) = Trial lawyer dream if painted w/lead
Mule and Wagon = The future of the Transportation Department
Private Helicopter (M. Bloomberg only) = Utility vehicle
White Horse = A white donkey with good spin
Ferrari (Hollywood voters only) = Obamas new cat
Yugo (if you can find one) = GMs car of the future
Military Transport (Madame Speaker) = See Mule and Wagon
Bicycle w/Training Wheels (POTUS) = Job description for the US Senate

percysunshine on January 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Olberman should have a panel consisting of Alan Grayson, Sean Penn, Harry Belefonte and Danny Glover. That may be enough reason to watch his show for me. It would be entertaining to watch those unhinged crack-heads go on a rant together. What could be more entertaining?

orlandocajun on January 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

You can’t get any more racist than driving a ‘65 pick-up.

forest on January 20, 2010 at 12:19 PM

1940 something International pick up.
That’s more racist.

Badger40 on January 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Ah, Keith Olberman – the reason I don’t tune into Sunday Night Football until the actual kick-off

Ann on January 20, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Which on second thought, probably means I’m a racist

Ann on January 20, 2010 at 1:19 PM

The guys wearing the hoods were never Republicans. They burned Republicans.

unclesmrgol on January 20, 2010 at 1:19 PM

orlandocajun on January 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

You forgot the fecal flinging monkey.

MeatHeadinCA on January 20, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Just got word that Keith will apologize tonight.

What he meant to say is ‘you’re a racist if you own anything with a motor and wheels and you’re white. You’re also sexist and a homophobe as well. But if you vote democrat, you’ll be healed.’

Thunderstorm129 on January 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Rush wasn’t good enough to be a part owner of the Rams and was blasted by the Commish…nice…and yet he lets this moronic moron be part of nbc’s broadcast of SNF…go figure…haven’t watched any pre-game show or halftime show this moronic moron is on…boycott nbc…I proudly do…

areseaoh on January 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM

God Bless Mary Jo~this one’s for you, doll.
You are not forgotten.

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 1:10 PM
Listening to Rush?

MeatHeadinCA on January 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Guilty~and shaking my tailfeather!
Thank you, MassachuSETTS!

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

The only time you ever see the race card played by the Liberals is when they got nothing.

Just man up, sit back, and call it like it is. You got your butt handed to you. It happens, calling people racists isn’t going to progress your agenda. I know it’s an Alinsky tactic, but c’mon, that game’s been exposed.

Just once in your life, try to actually win a debate with facts and figures. I know, it’s hard, liberals HAVE to lie and smear to get people to respect them.

uknowmorethanme on January 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Says the top D-Bag on the most monochromatic network on TV.

Everyday I wish Chuck Knoblauch had a little better arm and would have hit Olby dead in the face instead of his mother, that video would have been an easy rival to humpbot.

Rbastid on January 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Picture, thousand words…and all that.

SouthernGent on January 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

The thing most quaint about Olbie is that he thinks he’s so witty, so influential. But all he has are tired old lines he repeats like a parrot. His invective doesn’t have even the charm (so to speak) of originality.

I don’t know about his viewers, but I can’t seriously a man who takes himself too seriously.

Liam on January 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Listening to Rush?

MeatHeadinCA on January 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Guilty~and shaking my tailfeather!
Thank you, MassachuSETTS!

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I am listening to Rush, but not shaking my tailfeather. I’m at work.

ladyingray on January 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Truck you, Olberman, and the Prius you rode in on.

TXUS on January 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM

The ultimate irony here is that Olberman doesn’t drive due to some depth-perception problem, supposedly sustained by plunking his head on subway train at Shea Stadium years ago. That might explain quite a bit.

Nichevo on January 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Guilty~and shaking my tailfeather!
Thank you, MassachuSETTS!

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Now there are some exD’s calling in giving their conversion stories… I love it. Shake that tailfeather!

MeatHeadinCA on January 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Liam on January 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Seriously what a man? Oh, take seriously.

unclesmrgol on January 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Rachael Maddow last night said that Coakley lost because MA is sexist, Olby says it’s because they are racist. OK, so which one is it? They need to get together and get their stories straight.

iurockhead on January 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

iurockhead on January 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Sexist, racist, homophobic rethuglicans. That’s what they are!

MeatHeadinCA on January 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Off the charts moonbat.

Alden Pyle on January 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM

MSNBC doesn’t have random drug testing then huh?

Dr Evil on January 20, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Seriously what a man? Oh, take seriously.

unclesmrgol on January 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Typing too fast. Thanks for the catch! To restate correctly this time:

…I can’t take seriously a man who takes himself too seriously.

Liam on January 20, 2010 at 1:27 PM

WTF????

No trucks allowed!

LOL, what total idiots.

bridgetown on January 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM
I am listening to Rush, but not shaking my tailfeather. I’m at work.

ladyingray on January 20, 2010 at 1:24 PM

If you want to get out of work, shake it, shake that tailfeather OR do a humpbot interpretive dance.

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM

I can’t wait to see Uberskank and Fineman explain in November how the racist teabaggers just elected Marco Rubio(a Cuban) to the U.S. Senate and Lt. Col. Allen West(a black man) to the House.

Doughboy on January 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Olby’s degree is in communications? Can he hold up that diploma once more for me?

Ok he’s saying the voters don’t like Obama’s “policy” of being black.

I understand how “States’ rights” was a euphemism. But how is an election result a euphemism?

I know he can’t plainly say the Massachusetts voters suddenly turned racist, but this doublespeak is especially lame.

GW on January 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM

The loons are really bumping off the walls of their padded cells this morning.

Kissmygrits on January 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM

“No Keith, it’s not. And you are an ignoramus and a racist yourself for even suggesting it.”

FIFH

riverrat10k on January 20, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Maybe my black contractor buddies need to swap out their pick-ups for Chevy Volts, as the F-150 is racist and all.

riverrat10k on January 20, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Countdown is direct evidence of what happens when you dumb down America.

rollthedice on January 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM

For many folks in Mass, this has to be the first time they’ve been hit with the ‘racist’ tag. I seriously wonder how they’ll take it. This election, for them, will be an eye-opening experience in many ways…

joejm65 on January 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM

More evidence that liberalism is a mental illness and that olberdouche is certfiable.

TrickyDick on January 20, 2010 at 1:38 PM

B-b-b-b-but doesn’t GM make pickup trucks?

And our government owns GM?

Our government makes RACIST TRUCKS?!?

I, for one, am appalled.

29Victor on January 20, 2010 at 1:40 PM

orlandocajun on January 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM
You forgot the fecal flinging monkey.

MeatHeadinCA on January 20, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I’m ROTFL picturing this panel screaming at each other while the monkey randomly “poos” them from its suspended cage. You forgot Jeannie G; the monkey gets extra bananas for a bullseye each time she tries to speak.

riverrat10k on January 20, 2010 at 1:41 PM

So black people never own pickup trucks, or drive any other kind of truck? Does that mean if I see a black person driving a pu, I can assume it’s stolen? Oh, Keith, oh Keith, what a tangled web you weave.

Meremortal on January 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Other than getting his facts wrong, the parties wrong and his timeline wrong, Olbermann raised a good question

How could any person miss my sarcasm in the above?

Maybe those folks who made a symbol for sarcasm were right.

SteveMG on January 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM

You can’t get any more racist than driving a ‘65 pick-up.

forest on January 20, 2010 at 12:19 PM

1940 something International pick up.
That’s more racist.

Badger40 on January 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I drive an Avalanche which is a Tahoe and Silverado all in one.

I am assuming the “Tahoe” part is responsible for killing polar bears and causing earthquakes because it is an SUV.

So now the “Silverado” part makes me a racist.

Wow!!!!…
………gotta love getting all that serious intelligent dialogue from the “adults”.

…………..and according to super smart Joe Biden….I am un-patriotic if I don’t want my taxes raised.

Baxter the “racist,polar bear killing,America hating” Greene…

…………going to be hard fitting all that on my driver’s license….

Baxter Greene on January 20, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Doughboy on January 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Oh yeah!!!!!

huskerdiva on January 20, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Never gloat. Never blame. They empower our base nature. It was our fault we got Obama. Libs will always play the blame game because they’re really not honest people.

TwilightStruggler on January 20, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Doughboy on January 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Ricky Ricardo and Uncle Tom. That’s how they’ll spin it!
Lucy…I’m home.

sdd on January 20, 2010 at 1:48 PM

That’s right, Olbermann, Massachusetts is racist. We only elected a black governor (over a white competitor), and then elected a black president by a 26% margin! Criminy, when does this name-calling crap this stop?? I guess idiot a-holes just have no ideas of their own, so they have to repeat the same old losers’ mantra.

MassVictim on January 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM

A Republican wrote the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
More Republicans voted for it than Democrats.
Goldwater won the Republcian primary because he was a staunch fiscal conservative and a hard lined anti communist….the same as with most Americans today.
The KKK were all Democrats, typically for social engineering and big government, which is needed to control the “others” especailly minoroties.
The Democrats have not changed much since then, they still want to control people, they just do it by handouts and promises.

LeeSeneca on January 20, 2010 at 1:50 PM

…………going to be hard fitting all that on my driver’s license….

Baxter Greene on January 20, 2010 at 1:45 PM

The abbreviation GOP will do just fine.

Badger40 on January 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM

LeeSeneca on January 20, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Details. Pesky details.

Badger40 on January 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM

My wife wondered how long it would be before Brown starts getting the Palin treatment by the media. Those poor sweet girls. Can I be the first to coin the phrase “Brown Derangement Syndrome”?

MassVictim on January 20, 2010 at 1:52 PM

LeeSeneca on January 20, 2010 at 1:50 PM

One of them still sits in the United States Senate!

MassVictim on January 20, 2010 at 1:53 PM

This just in: every episode of Sanford & Son opened with a pickup truck.RACISM!

DarthBrooks on January 20, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I wish UberDumpkoff was on every station, every night.

notagool on January 20, 2010 at 1:55 PM

HornetSting on January 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM

heh.

That might get me a one-way ride to a padded room!

ladyingray on January 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM

You forgot the fecal flinging monkey.

MeatHeadinCA on January 20, 2010 at 1:20 PM

No. He mentioned Olbermann.

JohnGalt23 on January 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM

…………going to be hard fitting all that on my driver’s license….

Baxter Greene on January 20, 2010 at 1:45 PM

The abbreviation GOP will do just fine.

Badger40 on January 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM

See…
…….that’s why I come here…
………intelligent solutions.

Baxter Greene on January 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM

My next door neighbor is a US Marine who happens to be black. While he was in Iraq I kept his lawn for him and used my pick-up to haul the grass clippings to the landfill. I confess my racism.

sdd on January 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Black racist from Boston here. I voted for the white guy.
I’ve never been more excited about a election. To see the senate seat go to a Military man from my state. Congrats Lt.Col Brown. My #1 reason for voting for Sen. Brown is the state demo-crooks changed the rules when Romney (R) was governor.

Massachusetts governors used to fill Senate vacancies. But in 2004, the Democratic majority in the State Legislature changed the law to require a special election. The leaders were concerned that if Senator John Kerry was elected president, Gov. Mitt Romney would appoint a fellow Republican. To change back now would look like an unseemly amount of partisanship in setting the rules for who goes to Congress.

D84 on January 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Black racist from Boston here. I voted for the white guy.
I’ve never been more excited about a election.

D84 on January 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

No no no no no no no…. you don’t exist. I can’t heeaaar you! Blah blah blah… I hear nothing….. you can’t be . . ..

MassVictim on January 20, 2010 at 2:11 PM

HEY OLBY! HOW’S THAT TEABAG TASTE THIS MORNING? YA FREAKIN’ MORON!

GarandFan on January 20, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Pick up trucks = Racists
How utterly stupid do you have to be to make that connection…Obama tried it, Olby tries it, all the liberal jerks try to pin racism on every loss….I mean, like you know that is like so 90′s, I mean, like, are these guys for real or somethin?

right2bright on January 20, 2010 at 2:25 PM

We own 4 ‘pick up trucks’.
I am racist.
We also own dozens of rifles.
Racist, again.
I voted against Obama for POTUS.
Racist again.
I bitterly cling to my guns & religion.
Racist.
I don’t like rap music. At all.
Racist.
My ancestors owned lots of slaves.
Racist through inheritance.
I do not believe in affirmative action.
Racist.
I teach in a school that is all white.
Racist.
Guess I better get the burning corsses out?!

Badger40 on January 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Don’t want amnesty,
racist
Think Chris Matthews is an idiot,
racest

saiga on January 20, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I am beginning to think that these people are suffering from something similar to the shock, despair, and anger some of us felt on November fourth of 2008. Observations indicate that many of them are less able to cope with these feelings. Obermann, in particular, probably should have taken a personal day to work out his feelings on the matter, rather than humiliate himself on television.

Count to 10 on January 20, 2010 at 2:27 PM

So I guess if I’m anti-black because I don’t like Ummbama, then I must be anti-mentally handicapped because I don’t like Olberman?

dirtseller on January 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM

The only thing worse than Olbermann is
his audience. Pathetic hacks.

elderberry on January 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM

D84 on January 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

You are not black…at least not a genuine black man…I don’t know what you are, but you are not black.
Just ask any liberal…you do not exist.
The minute you cast a vote for a Republican, you become a white racist…welcome.

right2bright on January 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Does that mean we white folks can’t drive a pick up truck any more without being racist? How about eating water melon? Does that count?

jeanie on January 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM

You have to wonder about a business that would put this melodramatic, self-important hater, spewing his verbal diarrhea starring in a “news commentary”.
The object can’t be profit, there must be some other agenda at work.
We’ll see how long Comcast puts up with his miserable ratings. About the only thing that might draw a sizable audience would be his self immolation, or a mini suicide skull bombing. Or maybe as shot of him eating fast moving buckshot….

ontherocks on January 20, 2010 at 2:29 PM

So out of touch, so elitist, so stupid. Is that idiot on the same planet as the rest of us? Incredible.

ultracon on January 20, 2010 at 2:32 PM

To those who would try to link this to racism:

On the other hand, Obama’s personal favorability remained high with voters, showing that the president’s popularity isn’t always transferable to a candidate he enthusiastically stumps for. — Politico

That is, the message from the Politico poll is Obama you’re a nice guy, but your healthcare policies stink!

I guess Mass. voters don’t see him lying through his teeth every day (LSM watchers only apparently), but this clearly is not about race.

Christian Conservative on January 20, 2010 at 2:32 PM

What???????? This is old hat in MA. Don’t you remember the bussing fiasco? And the old owner of the Sox, Yawkey was a rascist which is why it took so long for the Sox to integrate. Trust me, we’ve heard it all before.

SittingDeadRed on January 20, 2010 at 2:33 PM

The minute you cast a vote for a Republican, you become a white racist…welcome.

right2bright on January 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Hey, all it takes is an inversion of the “one drop rule”, right?
As I understand, most black Americans have some Caucasian ancestry.

Count to 10 on January 20, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Well, if you drive a pick up truck and have not sent a note to the auto maker of said pick up truck for being equated as a racist who advertises on MSNBC, you kinda missed the point of the election last night.

I’m just saying.

mikkins on January 20, 2010 at 2:37 PM

What Mr. Olbermann failed to mention with 1964-65 election and the Republicans taking 47 seat is that they were finally able to break the Democrats blocking of civil rights. In fact last road block to civil rights was the Democrat Senator Robert C. Byrd who was filibustering its passage in the Senate before he gave in. So what is he doing now? He is the person the Democrats chose to be the President pro tempore of the Senate right now, so who exactly is the racist party again?

JeffinSac on January 20, 2010 at 2:38 PM

One thing we can do while we wait for the next election is Keeping our wallets away from the Progressive Left. Companies like Weight Watchers, who sponsor Meltdown with Uberdouchebag, and the USA Coffee Company, that sponsors Ed Schultz.

ronnyraygun on January 20, 2010 at 2:43 PM

JeffinSac on January 20, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Wasn’t Al Gore’s father another roadblock to civil rights?

ronnyraygun on January 20, 2010 at 2:44 PM

This guys is completely unhinged. I just . . . wow.

patriette on January 20, 2010 at 2:45 PM

My letter to Ford.

“”Last night on MSNBC, Keith Olbermann had this discussion on his show:

“FINEMAN: Maybe not in Massachusetts, but maybe in some places, there are codes, there are images, ah, you know, there are pickup trucks, uh, you could say there was a racial aspect to it one way or another.

OLBERMANN: What were the Scott Brown ads, though? Every one of the Scott Brown ads had him in a pickup truck.

FINEMAN: That’s why I mentioned pickup trucks. I mean, my mind goes back to Fred Thompson down in Tennesse”

I own and drive a 1997 F150 XLT. Why do you advertise on a network that considers me and my wife racist for driving your product?

Why should I consider buying a new pick up from your company if this is how people will perceive me?”"

mikkins on January 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM

My sister, my brothers, my nephew, father-in-law, my brother-in-law, Jan-Michael, Bud, Buddy, Bano, Baba, Boot, Brew, Bubba, Bubbs, my next door neighbor, my next-to-next-door neighbor, my next-door-neighbor on the other side, a business partner, another business partner, my old housemate, my older housemate, Ian, Lawrence, Paulo, Elvis, Tutu, Pete, Mud, Crissy, Season, Uncle Louie, my best friend, my wife and I are all racists.

Incidentally, I had a blast living in Medford, MA.

The Race Card on January 20, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Pickup trucks are now racist?

Great. I’ve got submarine stickers and a Palin sticker on my truck, so I guess I’m just a humungous racist.

4shoes on January 20, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Legends in their own mental halls of fame, like KO and OWEbama will need alternate coping mechanisms when reality comes crashing down around them.
Rush just had The Won in a soundbite saying that the same thing that swept
Scott Brown into office – swept him into office. Clearly alternate reality at work there.

ontherocks on January 20, 2010 at 3:04 PM

The People voted last night, and they voted against Obama and the Far left.

THE FAR LEFT’S DAYS OF CONTROL ARE NUMBERED

FOR THE FAR LEFT AND OBAMA,

“Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”

NOV 2010 is THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR THE FAR LEFT AND OBAMA.

NOV 2012 is THE END FOR THE FAR LEFT AND OBAMA.

Go Team America!

Anti-Harkonnen Freedom Fighter on January 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM

We get it already! Would you PLEASE put a freakin sock it it! For the Love of GOD!!

bernzright777 on January 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM

That was absolutely amazing to see last night. Watching the temper tantrum, the race card being dragged out over MA?

Just an amazing TV night.

AnninCA on January 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Uberdolt is easy to watch(sometimes), you have to remember that he is just projecting his true feelings to others so he can insulate himself from reality.

belad on January 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Uberidiot

RACISM in a state that one year ago went to Obama by 26 points?

Uberidiot’s clown, clone, whatever, concluded it was Sexism that caused Coakley to lose. She claimed that Massachusetts has a longggggggggggggg history of NOT electing woman to STATE wide office.

Some how the fact that Massachusetts voted for Hillary in the primary didn’t count.

The fact that the people of Massachusetts voted for Niki Tsongas didn’t count cuz that was just one district.

The fact that Massachusetts elected Coakley to AG, a state wide office didn’t count.

The fact that Massachusetts had a primary and elected Coakley to run as the Dem for Senate didn’t count.

Nope pure Sexism straight up! Massachusetts is a bunch of redneck teabagging Sexist!

MSNBC should do its self a favor and just cut the power and go home.

DSchoen on January 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Where do these people live, that they never saw a black man or an Hispanic man driving a pickup truck? I think Olbermann is beginning to sweat his job, and rightly so.

RebeccaH on January 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Here in Northern Virginistan, you can’t spit w/o seeing someone other than white driving a pickup truck. And I have no problem with either…

bernzright777 on January 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Well, they said loads of stuff that really made me think. The charge that it was racism was one. I had assumed they reserved that insult for any state in the middle, but not the coastal states. Wrong.

The other one that amazed was the comments about Brown’s “good looks” being a factor. I had assumed they reserved that baloney for women. Wrong.

It was really amazing to watch KO’s meltdown. Truly spectacular.

AnninCA on January 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Olby now can’t wuv Mass. because they dared to elect a Republican.

Speedwagon82 on January 20, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I decided to flip from Fox News to MSNBC just to see if the lefties heads were exploding and got Olby at this very moment. It was even better than I expected! I would say ‘unbelievable’, but I heard it live with my own ears.

birddog on January 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I bet Olby is a Yankee fan, too!

ladyingray on January 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I knew it. All those illegals driving old beat up pickups are racists.

infidel4life on January 20, 2010 at 3:34 PM