Obama: Scott Brown and I kinda sorta got elected for the same reason

posted at 5:20 pm on January 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Why, one might even call Scotty B a candidate of hope and change, no? Here’s The One’s surreal attempt to coopt Brown’s victory as being not a repudiation of his agenda but as some sort of oblique affirmation of it. Ed says he’s gotten the message now about ObamaCare after spending six months trying to beg, bribe, and bully the bill through Congress, but has he? If he’s telling himself that this election was about nothing more than free-floating “anger” at D.C. business as usual?

Let’s see if the new senator from Massachusetts can help us zero in on the causes of the “anger.”

To think that a majority party would use the ability to have the super-majority to kind of push things through is leaving a bad taste in people’s mouths, especially as you noted the fact that President Obama made [changing the way business gets done in Washington] one of his campaign themes. You know he was going to be transparent, he would post all these bills on the Internet, and you’d have three days to comment on them. None of that’s happened. So people are disappointed in that regard…

[Question:] But ultimately you say that the primary objection people have here is not so much the substance of the bill; it’s the process as much as anything else.

No. The primary [concern] for the average voter — and I’ve met hundreds of thousands of people since I’ve been running — the biggest problem that I have heard is that, number one, we can’t afford it, and, number two, they don’t like how its been done behind closed doors. They don’t like the political maneuvering now.

It’s not even a conference committee. They are bouncing it back and forth pursuant to a special maneuver. That just says to people, it’s automatically “ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.” It’s raising red flags and people don’t trust it. We can bring it back to the drawing board and do it again.

A Republican pollster found last night that fully 48 percent of Massachusetts voters said health care was the single biggest factor in their vote, with 39 percent claiming they voted for Brown specifically because of his opposition to it. Axelrod lied his ass off on one of the morning shows today when he alleged that Brown never ran an ad against ObamaCare; go watch the clip at Ben Smith’s site for proof to the contrary. In fact, see if you can guess which pundit laid out this useful thought experiment on how crucial health care was to the vote:

Let’s say we had a year-long debate in the run-up to the Iraq war. Let’s say at the end of that debate, 33 percent of Americans thought it was a good idea to invade Iraq, 46 percent thought it was a bad idea and the rest weren’t sure. Then let’s say that there were a bunch of elections in places like New Jersey and Virginia in the middle of this debate and George Bush’s party lost them all badly. Let’s say at the end of this debate there was a senate race in Wyoming in which a Democratic candidate made preventing the war a central plank in his campaign. Let’s say Bush went out to Wyoming and told voters they had to support the Republican to save the Iraq invasion. And let’s say the Democrat still went on to win that Wyoming Senate seat by more than 5 percentage points.

Would you have advised George Bush under these circumstances to go ahead and invade Iraq? Would you have advised him to call a special lame duck session of Congress to push through a war resolution before the new senator could be seated? Would you have advised him to invent some legislative trick so he could still have his invasion? Or would you have said, George, I know you really want to invade Iraq. I know you think an invasion will do a lot of good for the world. But the American people are pretty clear about this issue. Maybe you should show a little doubt. Maybe you ought to listen and give this whole thing a second look.

Surprising answer here. If the big lesson gleaned by The One yesterday was that voters are just unhappy in general, then I guess he’ll need more than one lesson. And he’ll get one. Click the image to watch.

o-brown2

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

So that’s what he meant by audacity of hope. What a putz.

ElectricPhase on January 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM

This really isn’t surprising. In his world view, he does nothing wrong – ever – so of course it has to be a continuation of Booooosh’s mishaps. He’s oblivious because the voice in his head cooing over and over, “I love you Barack! You’re the best!” The guy graded himself for the first year with a “solid B-plus”! Would any of us have had the nerve to do that if we had led the country for one year and things were this screwed up?

ya2daup on January 20, 2010 at 5:51 PM

RE: The surprising answer here.

If you believe you can control ‘costs’ by government fiat, then it would be a waste of time to engage you in debate.

Skandia Recluse on January 20, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Obama: Scott Brown and I kinda sorta got elected for the same reason

No Barack, you got elected because you were wearing a mask and Brown got elected because your mask fell off.

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

unclesmrgol on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Fail!

Scott Brown got elected because you are the worst President in history, and your elitist candidate that ran against him was an icon of horrible politics.

Now you on the other hand were elected because you ran against a candidate that that was also an icon but of a horrible campaign. And…….because you a Black.

Hening on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I like this very much.

John the Libertarian on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

a pathological liar can unflinchingly pass any lie detector test giving no measurable sign of deception. how? because such liars believe their own sculpted bullsh!t to be works of art.

Geochelone on January 20, 2010 at 5:53 PM

If the big lesson gleaned by “Tiger” Woods was that his wife was just unhappy in general, then I guess he’ll need more than one lesson and this one from her lawyer.

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Barack Obama’s IQ is a good solid B plus.

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Scott Brown got elected for being not George Bush?

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Next: brace yourself to see Obama driving a pickup truck.

paul1149 on January 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I wouldnt put it past him Paul. In fact, I fully expect him to try and clean up his image and paint himself Brown. Impossible task of course.

JusDreamin on January 20, 2010 at 5:55 PM

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Bravo . . . right on.

rplat on January 20, 2010 at 5:55 PM

It’s all about anger at George W Bush. It’s has just taken the electorate a year to figure out he is no longer in office. Hey look, a puppy!!!

conservnut on January 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

+10000000000

Talon on January 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Ooh, that’s good. Maybe the best insight you’ve ever had. Very nice.

BadgerHawk on January 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Every war is Vietnam and every election is against George Bush.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Lily on January 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Hey Barry – I didn’t even need to change one word of one of my favorite songs of all time. I think your Massachusetts independents were singing this all the way to the ballot box:

I’m looking through you, where did you go
I thought I knew you, what did I know
You don’t look different, but you have changed
I’m looking through you, you’re not the same

Your lips are moving, I cannot hear
Your voice is soothing, but the words aren’t clear
You don’t sound different, I’ve learned the game.
I’m looking through you, you’re not the same

Why, tell me why, did you not treat me right?
Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnight

You’re thinking of me, the same old way
You were above me, but not today
The only difference is you’re down there
I’m looking through you, and you’re nowhere

Why, tell me why, did you not treat me right?
Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnight

I’m looking through you, where did you go
I thought I knew you, what did I know
You don’t look different, but you have changed
I’m looking through you, you’re not the same

Yeah! Oh baby you changed!
Aah! I’m looking through you!
Yeah! I’m looking through you!
You changed, you changed, you changed!

John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Oh!! The irony!

Fishoutofwater on January 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I think the Italian peasants are just unhappy in general.
- Benito Mussolini

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM

After Failed Bid to Elect Democratic Senator in Massachusetts, Obama Asked to Campaign on Behalf of Smoking in Hopes of Making It Much Less Popular http://optoons.blogspot.com/2010/01/after-failed-bid-to-elect-democratic.html

Mervis Winter on January 20, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Barry has always been good at lying through his teeth. I’ve finally realized THE BASTARD IS ALSO GOOD AT LYING TO HIMSELF!

GarandFan on January 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM

As a Wyoming native, I have to say that our Dems are more conservative than most others’ Republicans. And being a red state hasn’t kept us from electing Dem governors. We believe in the men and women of principle.

Yeah, I know I’m not living there for now, but that’s home sweet cowboy home.

And don’t be talking about my home, Barry.

Tennman on January 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM

This one actually goes in the “facepalm” file!

He believes that Scott Brown’s election is all about him too…. well, okay, it is, but not for the reason his deluded little mind has settled on!

Seriously, I’ve got to meet this puppet master one of these days…. just think of the things I could have talked my husband into!

2nd Ammendment Mother on January 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Okay, I watched. When someone tries to coopt someone elses victory, its pretty pathetic. This is like a buddy saying, “You only hooked up with that girl cuz I was there, otherwise you wouldn’t have had a chance.” This such counterfactual bullshite by the top cheeze makes me declare

*game over due to lack of a coherent argument*

AA B+

ted c on January 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I’m sure it p*ssed Barry off when he knew that half the country didn’t like him, but it’s got to really chap his butt to know that now we’re all making fun of him.

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I’d love a cartoon of the Massachusetts voters holding a golf club and chasing Obama.

pedestrian on January 20, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Obama: Scott Brown and I kinda sorta got elected for the same reason

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Oooooo, excellent.

Based on this interview, it looks like Obama still doesn’t get it. I’m guessing he won’t until he’s shown out the door. No, I take that back. Jimmy Carter was shown the door after 1 term and 30 years later he still doesn’t get it, either.

ProfessorMiao on January 20, 2010 at 6:02 PM

DO NOT be fooled.This is Obama laying the groundwork for a potential “Snowe-ing” of Senator 41.

Sans a filibuster-proof majority, the Dems have always spent serious effort wooing the Maine twins and more recently Voinovich. This is nothing less than Obama seeing how much closer Brown is to Nelson than he his to Snowe and putting his beer-summit face on for the newest RINO.

Luckily Brown will be too flush with his win to sign on Obamacare so soon. But we can probably expect Obama to try to hustle Brown ASAP.

Khorum on January 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM

With him, and his Napoleon complex, I think he actually believes this.

jukin on January 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Excellent description MB!

JusDreamin on January 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I’d like to think that’s true. I think a chapped butt would do the man some good. But I suspect that it merely feeds his preconceived notions about how contemptible (mainly white) middle class Americans are. I’m beginning to think that nothing can penetrate his superiority complex.

ProfessorMiao on January 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Hahahhahaha!

There is nothing that this guy won’t do for a favorable soundbite, nothing!

Track-A-'Crat on January 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Will Obama join the peasants in their revelry?

jaime on January 20, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I see O adopting SB as his new bff…like kennedy, Mclame and Hatch…

My worst nightmare…midnight bb games on the courts….a beer or two and a bribe that is just too good to pass up……..Please protect SB

nondhimmie on January 20, 2010 at 6:06 PM

The roof,
the roof,
the roof is on fire.
We don’t need no water, let the M***** F***** spin.
Spin, m***** f*****, Spin!

Marty on January 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Will Obama join the peasants in their revelry?

jaime on January 20, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Most assuredly. A victory lap in the truck with his fellow winner Brown. Just the sort of thing to settle the restless natives.

Lily on January 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Token Is A Sociopath.
He is the perfect example of one– not one sense of wrong-doing or error. This is the kind of politician that gets slaughtered in a national re-election… no one likes that kind of self-worship.

leftnomore on January 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM

You lie. Assuming 30 seconds per “meeting”, to have met with the 200,000 (minimum since you used the plural) people you claim would require 208 solid eight-hour days. No golfing, no cigarettes, no lunch breaks. Just 30 seconds of handshaking, introductions, and asking them what’s most important. No hugs, no photos, and no moving. All of those would increase the time spent. And, FWIW, 208 days would be almost an entire government-employee’s year of “meeting” people, and a few hours more than a senator’s. Again, you lie.

rogerb on January 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM

THE MAGIC KNEEGROW IS SURE FULL OF HIMSELF….

AMERICAN VETERAN on January 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

This is starting to get pathetic. He really needs to step back from the teleprompters and get some help.

patrick neid on January 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

OT: BTW, Leg Tingley is DESTROYING Howard Dean on his show.

aquaviva on January 20, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Heard a soundbyte from Dean (re: Brown’s election) that was hysterical – was saying that the Reps might have won and tapped into some voter angst, but they don’t know how to lead…

As opposed to the excellent demonstration of leadership we’re getting from the Dems, eh Howie?

Midas on January 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Obama: Scott Brown and I kinda sorta got elected for the same reason

Scott Brown was elected to alleviate the illusory white guilt that plagues our nation? I think The Precedent just got confused by the name.

neurosculptor on January 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Obama got elected for not being Bush.

Scott Brown got elected for not being . . . Obama!

Yeah, that is kinda, sorta the same reason.

Ordinary American on January 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I think Obama is right, I was opining the same thing to coworkers today. Americans loathe their Federal Government. A candidate who appears to be from the outside is very appealing. McCain and Coakley were machine. Obama and Brown were fresh.

SlimyBill on January 20, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Obama’s words here, they give us the signs of a pathological tyrant. Tyrants never believe that their mistakes are theirs. It’s always someone else’s fault.

Any bad news that comes their way, well, it only appears to be bad. It’s really good news. The rest of just can’t see that yet.

For the last year, I thought Obama to be just another arrogant, elite socialist type lib, with a deep hatred for this country.

Today I see him as much worse. He is not just a threat to liberty, but a clear and present danger to it.

I just hope we can slow all this down. Through the ballot box. Failing that, we are in for some scary, dark days.

TXUS on January 20, 2010 at 6:13 PM

rogerb on January 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM

HaHaHaHaHaHa! That’s weak as hell, rogerb. Pathetic, really. You really got your calculator out for that one, didn’t you? Impressive, really.

Fishoutofwater on January 20, 2010 at 6:13 PM

brit hume just did a smackdown on this comment….

gotta love brit!

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Message to stupid Socialists in charge of DC.

KEEP spending all your time and energy on Obamacare!!!

Doom in November!!!

PappyD61 on January 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Obama: Scott Brown and Chicago Jesus Ronald Reagan kinda sorta got elected for the same reason

The county being subjected to the whims of 2 of the worst Presidents in the history of this country.

It only took one year for one of em’ to go tits up….
You Win…President Fail!!

BigWyo on January 20, 2010 at 6:18 PM

pedestrian on January 20, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Priceless. Maybe Allah or someone could photoshop something up. Obama could be driving with Queen Nancy and Prince Harry sitting in the back seat.

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Last night and today, I set a precedent – I watched CNN/MSNBC and listened to NPR today. Hey, they and Zero are spinning their loss the same way.

We shouldn’t delude them of their delusions. I’d love to relive last night, by a power to 100, in November.

SoldiersMom on January 20, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I don’t get it. How does he answer no to this:

[Obama:] No. The primary [concern] for the average voter … blah blah blah

And then ends up saying:

Didn’t he just say that it’s not the process that people are hating, but the process?

strictnein on January 20, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Pookie says we now know why his medical records were never published

Ris4victory on January 20, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Obama’s in such bad shape, Ayla Brown just challenged him to a game of HORSE.

JammieWearingFool on January 20, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Damn, good whiskey all over my screen…

lovingmyUSA on January 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I just love this logic:
Does this dunce think he’s as good as a Republican now?
He and Chris Matthews should get their own TV show.

Cybergeezer on January 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Delusional.

conservative pilgrim on January 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Scott Brown and I kinda sorta got elected for the same reason People are angry and they’re frustrated.

Now I believe the manchild narrative, to watch Obama completely negate what Massachusetts voters have clearly spoken with ballots and with their verbiage is shocking.

The Narcissist in Chief has made every issue and non issue all about him, that makes the unprecedented rebuke in the bluest of the blue states about him too.

Massachusetts is the new Obama state of denial.

Bill Clinton was the first Black President, Hillary will likely run in 2012 but its too late, Barack is the first Woman President.

Speakup on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM

If Obama really got it, he would hold a press conference tomorrow and say this -

I am hereby resigning from the office of the Presidency. I will spend some of my time trying to forgive myself for making America worse off when I could have made America better off with the same effort and I will spend the rest of my life living in a hut with my half-brother in Kenya studying horticulture.

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Oh brother, Barry has made a public announcment that he and Michelle are giving $15,000 “of their personal money” to the Haiti victims. Now, work with me here- He and Michelle aren’t paying for jack squat living in the White House, and didn’t our beloved leader just pick up a cool mil’ for doing absolutely nothing? Me thinks he can afford to be a little more generous and a lot more discreet.

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Wow, we have three more years of this bozo.

southsideironworks on January 20, 2010 at 6:26 PM

nondhimmie on January 20, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Actually… did you hear SB’s account of the phone call he had with the “0“?
wtf…I sure hope it was just cordiality…

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Delusional.

conservative pilgrim on January 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM

They’ll be coming to take Barry away, ha-haaa.
They’ll be coming to take Barry away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time and he’ll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they’ll be coming to take him away, ha-haaa!!!
To the happy home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they’ll be coming to take him away, ha-haa!!!
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time……
- Napoleon XIV

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 6:28 PM

He really does not get it. The dude is either obtuse or such a narcissist he is incapable of grasping his (epic) failure so far as POTUS.

I imagine for a guy that has never heard the word NO this is too big a repudiation to comprehend, let alone accept.

He is a lame duck, a scary caretaker of the office until 2012.

His major policy plays are over and the sooner he accepts this the better for him and us.

I suggest he spend more time working with inner city youth, visit Arlington National Cemetery weekly, attend the opening of buildings and bridges. He should stick to ceremonies until his time is over.

If he is lucky and plays it smart he might escape in 12 with a 40% approval.

FireBlogger on January 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM

The fact that they made it public is pathetic in itself.

BigWyo on January 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM

brit hume just did a smackdown on this comment….

gotta love brit!

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I saw this as well. Hume simply drilled him, dripping all the while with contempt.

Classic Hume.

BuckeyeSam on January 20, 2010 at 6:30 PM

This BUTT WIPE IN CHIEF doesn’t know the American People are peed off because he’s throwing around their tax money for political bribes to get his STUPID legislation passed.

Cybergeezer on January 20, 2010 at 6:30 PM

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 6:28 PM

HEH…ro”cs”lmao…. ‘)

jerrytbg on January 20, 2010 at 6:33 PM

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Totally correct! They are throwing more of “OUR MONEY” around.
These pathetic individuals are completely on the public payroll.

Cybergeezer on January 20, 2010 at 6:33 PM

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM

That money would be better spent if he used it to buy himself a clue.

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Speakup on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Hillary won’t like that!

Cybergeezer on January 20, 2010 at 6:35 PM

“Full steam ahead!”, says Captain BO of the Titanic.

Typical ideologue.

ClanDerson on January 20, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Barack Obama is to Health Care, and a number of other things, what Joe Isuzu was to cars.

Joe Isuzu
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joe Isuzu was a fictional spokesman used in a series of television advertisements for Isuzu. Created by the Madison Avenue ad agency Della Femina, Travisano, and Partners, the segments aired on American television in 1986-90, reaching their zenith in 1987 after the character was featured during Super Bowl XXI. Played by actor David Leisure, Joe Isuzu was a pathological liar who made outrageous and overinflated claims about Isuzu’s cars. (One commercial even cast him as the Boy who Cried Wolf.) The campaign was resurrected briefly in 1999 and continued until 2001 to promote several cars such as the Isuzu Axiom. Famous quotes:

* “You have my word on it.”
* “If I’m lying, may lightning hit my mother.” (“Good luck, Mom!” appears on screen.)
* “It has more seats than the Astrodome!”
* “Hi, I’m Joe Isuzu and I used my new Isuzu pickup truck to carry a 2,000 pound cheeseburger.”
* “The Isuzu Impulse: faster than a speeding—[catches a bullet in his teeth]—well, you know.”

The character became a fixture in American popular culture.

MB4 on January 20, 2010 at 6:38 PM

So the good people of Mass. voted in a Republican senator to replace good ole Teddy to punish BUSH for all his evil doing for the last 8 years???? If you believe that logic, I got a helluva health plan to sell you!!!!

chickasaw42 on January 20, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I think Barry’s hitting the pipe again.

sibobr on January 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Wow!! Stepalottapuss sure has a great poker face. Just sat there and nodded.

I would have rolled on the floor, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jbinnout on January 20, 2010 at 6:41 PM

This is the only time I have seen obama say it’s not about me.

DougDavis on January 20, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Yea, Obambi; It’s pickup drivin’, bible and gun tottin’, white backfire!
Just as racist as your shiite!

Cybergeezer on January 20, 2010 at 6:44 PM

What an opportunistic POS. Have a little dignity, Man. The President of the USA trying to ride on the coattails of a Senator-elect. C’mon, Barry – lead. That’s your f*cking job!!!

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Wonder if Rahm changed The Great One’s diaper when he got all “wee wee’d” up after seeing Scott Brown steamroll Marcia Coakley????

AmericanPatriot70 on January 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Mallard T. Drake on January 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Right:
Whose in charge? Is Bush still voting in Congress?

Cybergeezer on January 20, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Only somebody as out-of-touch with reality as the filthy lying coward in the White House could possibly take the leap that Scott Brown winning he seat held as a birthright by the Kennedy family was all about him- a street thug from Chicago.

Face it folks, some of you voted for a lemon last year. I’ll try not to hold it against you in the future.

highhopes on January 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Wow!! Stepalottapuss sure has a great poker face. Just sat there and nodded.

I would have rolled on the floor, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jbinnout on January 20, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I’m guessing he was wearing an I-Pod at the time and didn’t hear the answer. :-0

highhopes on January 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM

This is the beginning of Obama’s populist make over. As if changing or trying to change his image is going to work. It’s like having Madonna for president.

bkm on January 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM

The fact that they made it public is pathetic in itself.

BigWyo on January 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM

It’s what you do when people aren’t looking that counts. This speaks volumes about his character. I never liked the guy, but this is truly lacking in honor.

WitchDoctor on January 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM

@Fishoutofwater on January 20, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Sorry, no. Basic math with common knowledge. Isn’t it? Anyway, we can discuss the impossible physics of his statement or his compulsion to continually make those types of exaggerated claims, but ad hominems against one party in a discussion don’t further a conversation. Which of the two valid topics would you rather address?

rogerb on January 20, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Breaking: Obama’s bedtime story revealed.

Blue Collar Todd on January 20, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Sorry, no. Basic math with common knowledge. Isn’t it?

I would assume he meant crowds at rallies and not specific introductions.

WitchDoctor on January 20, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Y’all realize that he was blaming Bush for Coakley’s defeat, don’t you?

Is that pitiful or what?

29Victor on January 20, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Me thinks he can afford to be a little more generous and a lot more discreet.

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM

If he were discreet, he would deprive us the opportunity to stand in awe of his magnificence. He’s much too considerate for that.

SKYFOX on January 20, 2010 at 6:58 PM

President Clueless.

tsj017 on January 20, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Big major differnce….

One has already proven himself to be a bona-fide liar…

mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm

bluegrass on January 20, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Obama:
“I’m yo pwesident, but, Joje Bush didn’t hep me out! I just a deprived kid from Chi town, wid white assistants; Wad yo expekt fwom me?

Cybergeezer on January 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Funny… He addresses this issue immediately and in depth, because he feels it deep down in his undies. But on the real important to get on top of stuff, like the Fort Hood murders, and the panty bomber… he waits and hopes it will just go away, because it means so little to him.
Disgusting piece of crap is no leader, and is not my President by any means.

RalphyBoy on January 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM

It stands to reason that The Unprecedented would try to buddy up with Scott Brown: he’s the last surviving Kennedy brother, remember? Gotta keep tabs on what the interloper is doing with the “Kennedy Seat”!

ya2daup on January 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Disgusting piece of crap is no leader, and is not my President by any means.

RalphyBoy on January 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM

The bumper sticker on my pickup says this for all to see.
I have shatter proof windows too. If they try to key it, they get shocked; Break in, and get greeted by my pet rattle snakes.

Cybergeezer on January 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM

rogerb on January 20, 2010 at 6:54 PM

The election is over there skippy…take your ButtHurt on over to yer boyfriend’s house and tug on each other…

BigWyo on January 20, 2010 at 7:16 PM

The guy is a pathetic, uninspiring slug. How did he charm or “charismatize” anybody? He looks and sounds like a constipated mortician.

And if people can’t or don’t see though the breathtaking sham of his so-called realization that people are angry or his claim that he and Scott Brown are both symbols of the same kind of voter anger — then we deserve what we get.

rrpjr on January 20, 2010 at 7:20 PM