Mark Levin vs. Glenn Beck: Was Scott Brown’s joke about his daughters inappropriate?

posted at 6:46 pm on January 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Two clips for you, one via the Right Scoop from this morning’s radio show and the other via Mediaite from tonight’s GB on Fox. When I saw the first one, I figured he simply stumbled onto the topic while riffing and it went from there; Mediaite was outrageously outraged by the “dead intern” comment, but whatever. It was a joke. To open tonight’s Fox show with the same material, though? Right out of the chute, the day after Brown delivered the biggest Republican victory since 2004? I don’t get it. Neither does Mark Levin, who’s been known to criticize Beck before:

You know, the really ignorant thing about criticizing Brown is that in kidding around with his girls, it actually shows he is a good family man. Ask any guy who is a father of girls: doing something deliberately to provoke the “oh daddy!” squirm of embarrassment from the teenage daughters is something only a father with a good, comfortable relationship does (and he never misses a chance to do so).

If smearing Brown was a joke, I don’t think it was very funny. It’s very weird.

Yeah, I had the same reaction about Brown being a good family man. What he said last night was embarrassing, but deliberately so, and his daughters seemed to take it with good humor. It was a sweet moment, however unorthodox. Sounds like the whole clan has a healthy appetite for busting on each other, in fact. From today’s Time interview:

First of all, I have a wife and kids, and they keep me very grounded, and I’ve always had that balance. Just like with [his daughter] Ayla when she was on American Idol. Gail [Huff, his wife, a local television reporter in Washington] and I would always notice when she was getting a little too full of herself. My family regularly says, “You know, Dad, do you want us to enlarge the door and open up the double doors so you can come in?” So I have a good check and balance system. We all do as family members, kind of keep an eye on each other.

Meredith Vieira asked him about the “they’re available” crack at the end of this morning’s “Today” interview too. I’m embedding that below the Beck clips; watch it and judge for yourself if Levin isn’t right. As for Beck’s knock on Brown for posing nude in Cosmo, fair enough, I guess, but that’s an odd critique coming from a guy who’s been very candid about his own considerably more checkered past. Yeah, yeah, I know — TV pundits shouldn’t be held to the same standard as U.S. Senators, especially those that describe themselves as “rodeo clowns,” but if Beck can overcome past mistakes to be taken seriously by millions of voters, why can’t Brown? Why even mention it?

Oh, and by the way: It worked.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

I thought it was funny and endearing. I am surprised at Beck. He is starting to sound like Joy Behar when she talks about Sarah Palin. Maybe he’s jealous!

Glynn on January 21, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Look, what GB was getting at is that we don’t want to make him into a messiah as was done on the left with Obama. And that we don’t know this guy. After all who, back in the 80’s, went around posing nude? I was in HS then and it was a big deal to just drop your pants and hang a bare a–. Maybe Beck’s “smarmy meter” is sounding an alarm to him.
However, I do agree that GB’s comments were too much too soon. But Levin over reacted to GBs comments as well. He is just jealous of Beck’s popularity and is always taking shots at him.
Also, Beck has not just talked the talk, he has given us alot of information and connections in an entertaining and understandable way. He provided that information to millions of Americans that would never have been exposed to it from other media outlets. He created the 9/12 project which showed many conservative Americans that we were not alone. It gave the tea parties a place to organize back in the early dark days. The 9/12 project’s importance can’t be dismissed. Further, the Glenn Beck show is a big reason why at least two Whitehouse lackeys were terminated. He has put himself and family in harms way for the our country’s future and the quality of our children’s future.
And Levin, lets see what he has done of substance:…. he whined a lot on his radio show ….wrote a book,….. then whined some more. Then Beck gained popularity, so now he ……….whines about Beck on an almost daily basis…
Let’s see, whom shall I give a pass too?!

JeffVader on January 21, 2010 at 3:16 AM

flicker on January 21, 2010 at 12:18 AM

you wrote:

Beck has now accused Brown, depending on your inferences, of incestuous thinking and has warned that he is likely to be a sexual predator with homocidal intent. Is beck insane? Isn’t this libel?

I responded (in full):

Good grief! It was SATIRE! It fell flat. Not every bit is funny. Take a deep breath, you’re hyperventilating.

If you’re offended by my comment, then, well, quit hyperventilating. You don’t like my generic reference to Puritans in another post? Have you read some of what constitutes debate on this site? Try posting criticism of Sarah Palin just as an experiment.

It’s lazy and cheap to make a specific accusation and then punk out when challenged by saying, “if you want to know what I mean, read your own posts.” I wrote them. I know what I said. I did not say what you accused me of saying, and I asked for an explanation. Based on your response, I now have two:
1) you don’t know what an ad hominem attack is, and
2) you are really thin-skinned

entropent on January 21, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Look, Brown is a liberal…that is how liberals think.

And Beck is a Mormon. They believe that their daughters are special in the eyes of God. There isn’t much wiggle room for offering your daughters up on the market. Honestly, when he said that, I wondered what kind of damaged goods they might be if their dad has to go national to get them dates.

csdeven on January 21, 2010 at 7:48 AM

“Single” would have been a better choice of wording, but it’s still not offensive, just embarrassing to teens. Beck went off the deep end and looked foolish and petty.

chunderroad on January 21, 2010 at 7:59 AM

As the mother of daughters, what Sen Brown said didnt offend me nor my daughters. Of course,they said they would be totally embarrassed if I said something like that. I used to tell them it was a mom’s job to embarrass their kids. lol I thought it was funny. As for the centerfold…that happened in the 8o’s. It wasnt tastefully done and so what if he did?

I was not impressed with Beck making these things an issue. He forgives himself for the drinking he did and how he treated his family. What about Obama’s former drug use? Having affairs, lying, cheating, corruption is worse than posing in Cosmo. Even Burt Reynolds posed in Cosmo!

becki51758 on January 21, 2010 at 8:07 AM

I have made the same joke about my single sister at times, so I guess I am just as bad and evil as Sen. Brown.

JeffinSac on January 21, 2010 at 8:07 AM

wasnt should be was …oops

becki51758 on January 21, 2010 at 8:08 AM

My daughter is 17. I have been a single father since she was 4. I am a good father. Her friends got me a Christmas present this year (it is my favorite shirt) and have a birthday party every year. I was an assistant Girl Scout leader. My daughter is getting straight A’s in school and she tells me everything. I take her to her OB (she has PCOS) and discuss everything with her. We joke and tease. I do the same thing as Brown does with his girls. The “oh Daddy” moments will be over way too soon. Gotta get them when you can. I especially like the ones that draw a slap on my arm. Give it a rest. He was nervous and knee jerked into a comfortable place.

Jed_Eckert on January 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Oh, btw, the Cosmo issue would be a real issue if it were Hustler.

Jed_Eckert on January 21, 2010 at 8:14 AM

How many of us haven’t done something they regret while in college?

MarkTheGreat on January 21, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Beck is hedging his bets for when Brown turns on conservatives and stabs them in the back for his own political career.

spmat on January 21, 2010 at 8:44 AM

spmat on January 21, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Brown is the Senator of Massachusetts, not conservatives in general. There are going to be votes that cause us heart-ache, but that just means he is voting based on the standards of his constituents and not us. And that is how it should be. They are the only ones who can give him his grade.

ladyingray on January 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Beck is all about making as much GOLD as possible. The GOP and Conservatives being out of power makes him more GOLD. That is what Beck is about.

Decider on January 21, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Glenn definitely acted like Joy Behar…was silly!

tmedlin on January 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I generally love Glenn even when he is a little wacky. For the most part he feels much the same as I do, but on this subject I think he was trying to hard to be objective and finding fault where it wasn’t earned. Brown appears to be a father that is close to his family and they have that kind of link that made him want to bring them to the fore front with him. Maybe his joke wasn’t perfect for the setting but he was being real. Get over all the PC crap about people having to run everything they say by a censor, and Glenn if you want to be so picky, I don’t want to hear about your wife hiding your body parts in drawers all over the house. Some would find that appalling. Now get over the Brown joke and get back to the rat killing.

SgtRed on January 21, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Scott Browns off the cuff comment sounded a lot like something my own father would have said off the cuff (God rest his soul)

iceman1960 on January 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I love Glenn Beck. TiVo his show, and listen to him on the radio in the rare occasions I can. Am I allowed to disagree with him? His critics keeping telling me that I can’t–the apparent altar that all of his fans have would be tainted if we dare boldly….ask….questions….hmmmm….

As far as Levin goes: the guy’s smart, but he can be a putz on certain issues. When it comes to Beck, he’s a 100% hypocrite. (Dittos on his attitude towards Savage, btw–two sides of the same coin.) Yes, Beck beats you in ratings and books sales. He’s got a top-rated TV show, and you don’t (and probably won’t, or at least anytime soon). Boo hoo, get over it. You praise Reagan, and reminisce about your time working on his campaigns. Instad of lecturing us about how great he is, how about you actually take to heart what he said–specifically, his 11th commandment? Rather than trying to hitch your wagon to the Tea Party movement, thinking that you were the backbone by it (*cough cough BECK JEALOUSY AGAIN cough*), how about your work with those supporting the Tea Partiers? Beck may be a Libertarian, but he’s a conservative. It’s stupid, petty jealousy like that that hurts the Conservative moment as a whole, and (indirectly) the reason why Beck no longer is a GOP cheerleader.

CatsGodot on January 21, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Mark Levin (MEDIA MATTERS) spends too much time listening to Glenn Beck instead of working to improve his own program.

mobydutch on January 21, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Glenn apparently thinks he has the power to influence millions to remember to hate both parties… yeah Glen, we are not stupid people. Of course if he does continue to bash both parties it certainly keeps him in business. We also know that Glenn has quite a bit of loathing towards Americans that feel the need to have the president of the United States answer questions in regard to his past. Birth Certificate not withstanding, there is the issue of all of his closed records he continues to neglect to make available to the American people. Mr. Beck is okay with this apparently. I will tell you what Mr. Beck, we knew the President has marxist connections, that’s why we did not vote for him. What we still do not know is how he went to Harvard on a foreign scholarship, or where is so called thesis is he had to have written for Harvard. I would be willing to bet the probable anti American BS he has in his thesis would give Americans all the information we need to know on this fellow. When you have your state of the art research team find this information for your show, I will turn you back on.

shar61 on January 21, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Like Levin or not, he has this guy pegged.

shar61 on January 21, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I agree with Beck’s main point, that it’s really early to anoint Scott Brown as the GOP’s next Reagan.

But there’s no reason to bust on Brown about the comments during his acceptance speech. He was just ribbing his family members, and to me that shows that they’re not cardboard cutouts.

The Cosmo layout- meh. Not the end of the world. For all I care, he can vote naked, as long as he votes for the right reasons.

hawksruleva on January 21, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Like Levin or not, he has this guy pegged.

shar61 on January 21, 2010 at 11:15 AM

As what?

Itchee Dryback on January 21, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I had no problem with Senator-Elect Brown’s quips about his daughters. No squick factor here. It was what it was – cute humor at the expense of his girls. As a father of four daughters, I might have done the same thing.

That all said, Beck is entitled to his opinion, although I think he overreacted. Big time. This story will go away in a couple of cable news cycles.

Levin just makes me smile in all the wrong ways. And I’m good with that.

itzWicks on January 21, 2010 at 11:19 AM

That is what Beck is about.

Decider on January 21, 2010 at 9:28 AM

What are you basing that on? Just curious.

Itchee Dryback on January 21, 2010 at 11:20 AM

shar61 on January 21, 2010 at 11:15 AM

How much does this boost Beck’s ratings?

Roy Rogers on January 21, 2010 at 11:26 AM

hawksruleva on January 21, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I agree with all of that.

It will be just a little while before Brown is invited for coffee by the liberals and we’ll see where he stands.
Right now he’s pro choice…but wants states rights for that. He buys into the “green economy”..kinda likes John Kerry (shutter). All of these things mean nothing really, other than he may already be “pre softened” for compromise. I think this was Beck point…when all the confetti is swept up, he’s still a politician.

That said, Beck was way off mark on this imo. Lets see if he self corrects. Everyone says dumb off the mark crap at one time or the other.

Itchee Dryback on January 21, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I saw a few minutes of Beck a few weeks ago. Maybe it’s my imagination but is his target audience 16-year-olds? His presentation seemed sophomoric. What he had to say was very good but his deliverance seemed childish to me.

Coronagold on January 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Mrs. Brown you’ve got some lovely daughters, and apparently a sense of humor as well, something Glenn could use a little more of from time to time. I like you Beck, but please don’t try to turn a cute, real life family moment into something ugly and distasteful. Thats the kind of response we expect from Olby and his liberal ilk

Goldy1 on January 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Glenn,

It was a joke. You, of all people, should understand.

And the snarky remarks about a centerfold pic that’s over 20 years old should stop, too.

Let’s remember, Glenn, at the time Brown was posing for that pic, you were probably snorting a line of coke.

I love Glenn, but I am very disappointed.

Disturb the Universe on January 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM

this just shows that Beck is a moron… Clown is right also correct…

NRA Lifer on January 21, 2010 at 11:51 AM

And, Glenn, if you are reading this, and I bet you do read HotAir…

The dead intern remark was so beyond the pale you owe Brown an on-air apology.

Disturb the Universe on January 21, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Roy Rogers on January 21, 2010 at 11:26 AM

shar61 on January 21, 2010 at 11:15 AM

How much does this boost Beck’s ratings?

Roy, I am not sure what you mean, Glenn definitely has ratings and he has been quite vocal in positive ways. I am not against him at all. I choose not to listen to him anymore, but I certainly do not chastise anyone for watching him at all.

shar61 on January 21, 2010 at 11:51 AM

No, NRA Lifer, Beck is not a moron, just very wrong about this.

Disturb the Universe on January 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM

What he had to say was very good but his deliverance seemed childish to me.

Coronagold on January 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Whats more important in your opinion, style or substance?

Damning by faint praise?

Itchee Dryback on January 21, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Then I wonder about Mr. Beck who wants a tax to pay off the banker fascists, The Patriot Act is good and Ron Paul is nuts…READ THIS AND WEEP ALL YOU SUPPORTERS OF THIS MODERN DAY BENEDICT ARNOLD!

Glenn Beck is once again parroting White House talking points by invoking Information Czar Cass Sunstein’s rhetoric about 9/11 truthers being dangerous extremists, proving his anti-establishment image is a manufactured fraud.

The grand master Mockingbird operative Glenn Beck said yesterday on his nationally syndicated radio show that there are 9/11 truth activists in the White House and they threaten the life of Obama. “He has invited 9/11 truthers into the White House and into his administration… he is in danger.”

Beck said Obama should never be left alone and the Secret Service needs to pay special attention to this absurd threat.

In fact, there are no 9/11 truth activists in the White House.

Indeed, Obama’s own regulatory czar Cass Sunstein published a white paper in which he labeled 9/11 conspiracy theorists “extremists” and outlined methods to infiltrate their ranks, entrap them into committing criminal acts and ban their free speech.

There is not a single instance of a 9/11 truther committing a violent act. As a rule of thumb, the 9/11 truth community adheres to the principles of Gandhi, namely non-violent civil disobedience.

Beck’s hijacking of White House talking points once again underlines the fact that, while he posing as an anti-government conservative, his most venomous vitriol is spewed against the very bedrock of the genuine movement against big government – most notably Ron Paul supporters who Beck has repeatedly smeared as dangerous lunatics intent on violence.

Beck’s comment is apparently a reference to Obama’s “green jobs” adviser Van Jones who signed a petition in 2004 calling for an investigation into the Bush administration’s knowledge of an impending attack. Jones resigned from his position as Special Adviser in September 2009 after WorldNetDaily, Americans for Prosperity, and other groups criticized his membership in a socialist group and support for the convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal who is serving a life sentence.

Representative Mike Pence (R-Indiana), the chairman of the Republican Conference in the U.S. House of Representatives, and Senator John Cornyn (R-Texas), Chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, publicly criticized Jones. Senator Kit Bond (R-Missouri) urged Congress to investigate Jones’ “fitness” for the position. Another critic was Bob Beckel, formerly an official in the Carter administration and currently a political analyst for the Fox News Channel and a columnist for USA Today, who may have been the first and most prominent liberal or Democrat to call for Jones’ resignation.

“I do not agree with this statement and it certainly does not reflect my views now or ever,” Jones said after evidence of his signature on the 9/11 petition surfaced.

The Obama administration is not linked in any way to the 9/11 truth movement. Obama ignored a highly publicized call by actor Charlie Sheen to re-investigate the events of September 11, 2001.

In regard the al-Qaeda, 9/11, and the so-called war on terror the Obama administration is essentially a carbon copy of the previous administration. Obama peddles the supposed al-Qaeda threat and has vowed to escalate the occupation of Afghanistan. He has significantly increased illegal attacks inside Pakistan and has not eliminated CIA torture or dismantled Guantánamo as promised. His administration is a virtual roster of Wall Street insiders and he has kept on Bush’s Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates.

FOR THE HONOR OF THE REPUBLIC!

BobAnthony on January 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Beck, get off the air. You are a moron. You have screwed up things for Fox going forward with the Brown camp due to your stupid idiotic comments. We don’t need loudmouth commentary such as you bring to the table. Your lack of sophistication and true intelligence is awe inspiring.

highninside on January 21, 2010 at 12:39 PM

spmat on January 21, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Agree!

JeffVader on January 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM

highninside on January 21, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Nap time?

Itchee Dryback on January 21, 2010 at 12:54 PM

BobAnthony on January 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Craziest thing I have ever read on the net. Crazier than the Russian Tesla weapon.

daesleeper on January 21, 2010 at 12:55 PM

BobAnthony on January 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Med time?

Itchee Dryback on January 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM

shar61 on January 21, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I believe Beck is killing the left in ratings because more liberals watch him than have the courage to admit. I agree that if folks don’t like what Beck say’s, they only have themselves to blame for not changing the channel.

Roy Rogers on January 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Fiscal Conservatives/Very Socially Liberal members of our party suggest that after a epic win we start eating our own. You Big Tent folk love stirring the pot but all you do is give Liberal Democrats the ammo to refer to even Eastern Conservatives as Redneck idiots who, given a few beers under the tent, always in up brawling like dumbasses. This is a pointless story and multiple rounds of blogging on it is ridiculous as well. Especially when you start with the meme that he wasn’t joking at first but being serious then end with ADMITTING he was initially joking. It’s starts to feel like a contrived story to attack a member of the Big Tent because you prefer that the acceptance in the Big Tent goes only one way, that of Conservatives accepting Liberals. Funny how it’s never the other way around.

Sultry Beauty on January 21, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Peopele need to lay off of Brown….. I thought it was pretty funny, my first thought was “OMG! My dad so would have done that to me and my sister!” LOL

My dad used to sit on the couch cleaning his shot gun when my boyfriends would pick me up for a date, just to razz me and them a little… it’s what daddy’s who love their daughters do …. try to make you not take yourself so seriously all the time. =)

HouseHold6 on January 21, 2010 at 1:14 PM

If you listened to Glenn’s radio show, he was joking about it… but his point was : be aware of these people – they’re all politicians – didn’t watch the tv show – but the radio was very clear if you listened to the whole thing…

charlie36r on January 21, 2010 at 1:19 PM

charlie36r

If it’s a joke, fine, but why criticize Brown when he was clearly joking, too?

And, I reiterate, Glenn’s dead intern remark was a lot more inappropriate than anything Brown said.

I like Beck, but I’m not going to give him a pass on that! If Brown ends up being a creep, I’ll be the first to go on the attack, but he has not given any indication of such, so give him a break and see what he does.

Question with boldness, Glenn, but do not attack without cause.

Disturb the Universe on January 21, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Scott Brown 25 yrs ago posed semi-nude. So what! Obama was snorting cocaine just a few yrs ago.

I love Becks Fox show, but don’t get this one. Beck is the fatty fat fat yellow tellatubbie, and he’s not fine like Mr. Brown.

Lisa on January 21, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Let’s see, whom shall I give a pass too?!

JeffVader on January 21, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Levin is bigger that you know and has been around since the Reagan administration.

Research Landmark Legal Foundation, of which he is the head guy. Some of the stuff they have done is epic.

rollthedice on January 21, 2010 at 1:45 PM

They’re both right. The comment was a cute family moment, but not necessarily appropriate for the occasion. BTW, what are we going to call this episode? Comment-gate?

long_cat on January 21, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Glenn,

It was a joke. You, of all people, should understand.

I love Glenn, but I am very disappointed.

Disturb the Universe on January 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Beck has been pushing 3rd party crap hard for awhile. Brown getting elected throws a major wrench in his ego.

rollthedice on January 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Levin really thinks he can destroy Glenn Beck, but keep up the constant crap, Levin. Your jealousy and pettiness will only hurt YOU.

mobydutch on January 21, 2010 at 1:53 PM

WATCH GLENN BECK’s DOCUMENTARY on Friday. (That means you, too, Levin!! YOU might learn something!!!)

mobydutch on January 21, 2010 at 2:03 PM

BobAnthony on January 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Wow. Was that a parody?

If so, that ruled.

CreatedOrSaved on January 21, 2010 at 2:04 PM

rollthedice on January 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM

No. Ego has nothing to do with it, pettiness has nothing to do with it. Brown being a Republican has nothing to do with it. You are wearing your bias on your sleeve again.

Beck is being genuine, even if he may of misjudged Brown, he is saying what it is that bothers him as he sees it. You don’t have to agree with him lock step, don’t even have to listen. But don’t project your own issues onto Glenn.

Conservative Voice on January 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM

rollthedice on January 21, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Thats great…but, so what?
What does it have to do with Levins whining about Beck.

Beck doesn’t spend time harping about Levin. As far as accomplishments go, Beck helped organize and motivate the largest ‘awakening’ of everyday people since the American Revolution which may in fact end up saving the Republic. Am I saying that Beck did this on his own?..of course not, but neither did Levin do much anything epic on his own either.

Its the whining factor that slightly diminishes Levin to me..not that it diminishes his knowledge, accomplishments or efforts.

Itchee Dryback on January 21, 2010 at 2:15 PM

This whole thread became another Levin vs Beck, with a little Brown spice. Fellow patriots, lets call it a day and refocus who the real enemies are!

Conservative Voice on January 21, 2010 at 2:16 PM

“Beck, why the hell are you afraid of confronting Alex Jones, WHO REALLY KNOWS THE TRUTH?! ALL YOU ARE BECK IS ANOTHER SALVE TO THE SAUDIS, ESPECIALLY PRINCE ALAWALEED BIN TALAAL! WELL YOU HACK RADIO IDIOT, ALEX JONES HAS CALLED YOU OUT!

FOR THE HONOR OF THE REPUBLIC!”

BobAnthony on January 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Come on.

ALEX JONES? Alex Jones the Troofer conspiracist, same guy who menaced Michelle Malkin on the street?

Do yourself a favor and extract yourself from Alex Jones’s adolescent-drama-fever-swamp before he gets too much of your money for his “products.”

All Alex Jones wants to do is hitch a free ride on Glenn Beck’s ratings. Glenn Beck would be right not to give that maniac the time of day.

Edouard on January 21, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Conservative Voice on January 21, 2010 at 2:16 PM

But that means the left will have to go back to BLAMING BOOOOSH!

BLAME BECK FOR LIBERAL LOSSES!!!!

[/sarc]

Roy Rogers on January 21, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Conservative Voice on January 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Fair enough. I do favor Levin over Beck, but I listen to them both about the same amount of time.

rollthedice on January 21, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Good grief, but this thread is full of such silly gossip.

I mean really — isn’t there something actually important to talk about?

Edouard on January 21, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Jed_Eckert on January 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM

You’re a good man Jed Eckert.

Boxy_Brown on January 21, 2010 at 2:44 PM

BobAnthony on January 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM

You need to press the call button and get the Thorazine drip refilled. Maybe a diaper change.

Boxy_Brown on January 21, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I think Scott Brown’s victory hurts Beck’s cause. Beck was running away with a populist emotion building among the forgotten people. He could see a third party crowning and was ready for the birth. Beck knows that if health care reform, cap and trade, and other Obama legislation passes through the super majority, the people will rise.

Brown’s win kills that. There are now 41 republicans who can stymie any bill the congress sends up. If this political wave crashes all over the country and republicans slowly start to chip away at the super majority, there is no need for a third party. This must kill Beck.

Beck always says that there is no distinction between the democrats and the republicans. I find that logic to be stupefying. There is a clear distinction. The only time when the political waters are brackish, is when you have centrist democrats and centrist republicans.

Republicans need to hear Massachusetts and go with this message of people being sick and tired of being duped and neglected. This victory better not go to their heads, it should just inspire them to think that the impossible is not so.

Hey Obama, Pelosi and Reid…”Yes We Can!”

76United on January 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Once again, this thread was labeled Levin vs Beck…..I, too, used to listen to Levin, and I bought his book. Fortunately, Levin has exposed himself as an obsessed titty baby, and I have the freedom to no longer support Levin. I am soooo glad that Beck has not responded to the constant badgering by Levin. Stay the course, Beck, ignore the twit.

mobydutch on January 21, 2010 at 2:48 PM

76United on January 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM

please read what I posted
Conservative Voice on January 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Again, Brown being a Republican has nothing to do with it. Beck doesn’t trust anyone in office. If they were all libertarian he would still not trust them. His third party stick is because he is anti-party. He is anti-I-wont-look-at-the-candidate-just-their-party attitude. Fact Republicans under Bush deserved to be voted out, as they were just as progressive. The difference between Bush and Obama? Bush actually succeeded in making our country more progressive. Think campaign finance laws, prescription drug, and the spending out of control.

Beck expressed a genuine concern as he saw it. He doesn’t have to be right all the time, just honest.

Conservative Voice on January 21, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Look, Brown is a liberal…that is how liberals think.

csdeven on January 21, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Yeah, all liberals hate their daughters, and all Mormon’s love their daughters…that makes sense (kind of like the line that all conservatives are racists)…btw, ever hear of those mormons that take child brides? Must be because of their “respect”.
Beck was a fool for dissing a dad, when he has no idea (like you) of the relationship between a father and his daughters.
For the want of fame, Beck has no problem attacking and taking cheap shots at a family…yeah, that represents what faith?

right2bright on January 21, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Stay the course, Beck, ignore the twit.

mobydutch on January 21, 2010 at 2:48 PM

…and keep attacking that mean father, Brown, you can see how brow beaten his daughter is…

right2bright on January 21, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Jed_Eckert on January 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM

And tell us that she thinks you are a little goofy, all daughters think their dad is goofy…or at least the ones with a relationship.

right2bright on January 21, 2010 at 5:11 PM

From what I’ve heard about Glen Beck’s background I don’t think he had a normal childhood or upbringing, maybe that’s why he doesn’t understand that this was just a normal Dad razzing his kids. My Dad did it all the time, he loved to embarrass us- I sure miss him.

kg598301 on January 21, 2010 at 5:12 PM

As a fellow Mormon, Beck embarrasses me more than Brown does as a fellow conservative. I can’t believe this is even being remarked on, especially by conservatives.

flataffect on January 21, 2010 at 6:18 PM

flataffect on January 21, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Thats nice. As a Mormon and a conservative, Beck doesn’t embarrass me, in fact he is well appreciated.
Don’t know why you felt it necessary to mention being a Mormon, it is a fact that only matters to people like right2bright who gets her dander up whenever csdeven is being snarky.

Don’t know enough about Brown to say he doesn’t embarrass me…I agree with Beck that we should watch him, as we should watch all elected officials and not just assume they mean what they say. From what I have read about Brown he seems promising, though his liking Romneycare is a negative for me.

Is this a non-issue? Yes, its only an issue to those who have an ax to grind with Beck because they don’t like him…and usually its because Beck hates both parties and party hacks don’t like that.

Conservative Voice on January 21, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Beck is a man who failed to fully protect his daughter from the evils in this world. We should cut him some slack for his cry of anguish over what happened to his family.

Slowburn on January 21, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Slowburn on January 21, 2010 at 11:03 PM

and what would that be?

Conservative Voice on January 21, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Conservative Voice on January 21, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I don’t have an axe to grind about Beck. I liked him, until recently. He overreacts. No wonder Palin was so “guarded”. She probably saw instability in him too.

He had no business going after Brown like that. It was an innocent, goofy moment that most sane Americans can identify with. Beck sounded like the leftys on this one.

atheling on January 22, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Beck, naturally, is trying to reframe the argument two days later. He’s saying this is a case of not being able to make fun of Republicans.

Bullshit.

Try this – when has Gary Condit ever been a punchline? Try never. The reason it never gets brought up is because it’s such a horrendous situation. Chondra Levy was randomly murdered in a park and Condit was convicted by the press for something he didn’t do. So Beck’s initial attempt at a joke isn’t even correct, and this pussy can’t bring himself to admit it was out of lines.

So after trying to get Imus to cover for him, he’s now using Jay Severin for cover. Severin is now going to play Oprah between Beck and Brown. Pathetic.

budfox on January 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Even my wife thought Brown tip-toed over the line with his clumsy daughters jokes.

But maybe beck did as well … I think Beck meant to say watch them all …

But so what, it changes nothing.

tarpon on January 22, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Good call, budfox. Condit was a creep but unfairly stamped a killer.

Disturb the Universe on January 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM