Scott Brown elected senator from Massachusetts

posted at 9:51 pm on January 19, 2010 by Allahpundit

With 93 percent reporting, he’s winning by five. The AP called it around 20 minutes ago but Coakley called to concede even before that. Just as I’m writing this, MSNBC is reporting that The One phoned Brown to say congrats. Everything, and I mean everything, has changed.

You’ve been patient. I shall deny you no longer.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10 11

Sorry for the late post…

I was just searching for all of those that were lost.

Is this the Lady Ga Ga thread?

Seven Percent Solution on January 20, 2010 at 4:24 AM

God, for the first time since the upheaval of November ’08, I feel as if we have a chance to save our country.

My deepest congratulations, Scott. A well-deserved victory. Now, don’t buckle under to the machine in Washington and become a run-of-the-mill politician. And especially don’t go all “Barack” on us. Grit your teeth and do what needs to be done.

NavyMustang on January 20, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Gibbs in the morning briefing…

“What election?”

Seven Percent Solution on January 20, 2010 at 4:25 AM

In the Whine House
The wimpy Whine House
Obambi weeps tonite

macncheez on January 20, 2010 at 4:29 AM

Coakley called to concede even before that.

One hour and thirteen minutes after the polls closed. Let that sink in for a moment.

Vashta.Nerada on January 20, 2010 at 4:34 AM

(regimental commander Palin surveys the battle from Hill 268, binoculars up and scanning about)

Palin: Lieutenant Meg, who is that dashing officer breaking through the lines?

Meg: That I believe is Captain Scottie Brown. New Company Commander.

Palin: Contact General Steele ASAP. Our hot new stud just gave us our opening and we are gonna exploit it and smash these Turks from here to DC.

Meg: Sir, yes Sir! Ubetcha!!!

Sapwolf on January 20, 2010 at 4:34 AM

Wow! First time I’ve ever felt really glad I donated money to a political campaign! Scott Brown – his acceptance speech was amazing and it felt like someone was speaking my own mind about things. The oceans have shifted. Joy!

Fishoutofwater on January 20, 2010 at 4:48 AM

I’m gettin’ a TRUCK!

JetBlast on January 20, 2010 at 4:50 AM

Scott Brown made my night. That vid made my morning. Coffee in hand, endorphins engaged from laughing…it’s gonna be a great morning! Thanks, AP! :-)

Grace_is_sufficient on January 20, 2010 at 5:20 AM

Scott Brown’s victory will certainly change the political landscape. Consider (and savor) this for a moment:

How Stupid Does Ben Nelson Feel Right Now? ~ Rich Lowry (National Review Online)

01/19/2010 10:59 PM

Delicious!

ReagansRight on January 20, 2010 at 5:25 AM

It’s storming outside in the Mid-South, but it’s a beautiful morning in America.

kingsjester on January 20, 2010 at 5:51 AM

Here is Morning in America:

bill30097 on January 20, 2010 at 5:55 AM

As a fellow Brown with a pickup I have to say…

Live long and prosper…Senator Scott Brown!!!!!!!!

Nalea on January 20, 2010 at 5:59 AM

41,41,41,41,41 WOOOT!!!
So uh um.. Socialists how is that mandate working out for ya?? :)

vinceautmorire on January 20, 2010 at 6:03 AM

I wonder if there was a all-night emergency meeting at the WH? It’s that arrogance thing. Something about pride goeth before the fall. *snort*

kingsjester on January 20, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Don’t know if it has been said before, but . .

For the first time in my life, I love this country!!!

Yeah, last night the servers were smokin and throwing me off (when I could get in), sippin on my Chuck, soakin it all in. Thanks Massachusetts, thanks Independents, thanks to the Democrats who experienced the “awakening”, thanks to the Scott Brown volunteers who always believed.

Is this a great country or what!

BigAlSouth on January 20, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Awesome…thanks to the million + in Massachusett-e-s who voted for Brown!

However…I think the reports of the death of the Obama administration and the Socialist agenda are greatly exaggerated.

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 20, 2010 at 6:22 AM

What a night!!! Can you hear us now Democrats????

yoda on January 20, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Good news, indeed

Chuck on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 AM

love it!! love it!! love it!!
YAHOO!

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Good on ya HotHeads! Sorry I missed all the fun last night after HotAir went cold!

ted c on January 20, 2010 at 6:26 AM

Palin: Lieutenant Meg, who is that dashing officer breaking through the lines?

Meg: That I believe is Captain Scottie Brown. New Company Commander.

Meg: Sir, yes Sir! Ubetcha!!!

Sapwolf on January 20, 2010 at 4:34 AM

Best comment of the night!

conservnut on January 20, 2010 at 6:27 AM

kingsjester on January 20, 2010 at 6:14 AM

they had cold baloney n’ cheese last night. pajamasmedia has a report that the white house was eerily silent and the minions werent’ talking.

ted c on January 20, 2010 at 6:27 AM

ted c on January 20, 2010 at 6:26 AM

join the club! the server going down just at the peak of results coming in…i guess that means we love our hot air

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 6:29 AM

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 20, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
Sir Winston Churchill,

conservnut on January 20, 2010 at 6:35 AM

Sorry I missed all the fun here last night. I did watch the Meltdown over at MSNBC with Keith Uberdouchebag and the gender-bender Rachel (the man b!tch) Maddow. It was hysterical. Congratulations America!

ronnyraygun on January 20, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Thank you Massachusetts! It is only one battle, but every victory helps.

Beaglemom on January 20, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Heh, State of the Union Speech writers….re-write!

Alden Pyle on January 20, 2010 at 6:36 AM

now…do the (D)s change course and pull an upset during the 2010 elections, learning from this election last night?

OR are they too blinded to see and keep doing the same thing for the next 10 months and tremendously lose…

time will tell

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 6:39 AM

Well, I’ll be jumped up and double dipped.Hooray for America.

Lincoln Cadillac on January 20, 2010 at 6:43 AM

Trucks for everyone

Because anybody can buy a truck

Good work President Obama!!! /

CWforFreedom on January 20, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Teabag this DEMS!

CWforFreedom on January 20, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Thanks, AP. We’re riding on a pink cloud, and you give us a weird, twisted video to cringe over. If your intent was to bring us down, it was fairly efective.

Squiggy on January 20, 2010 at 6:50 AM

(middle finger raised high to Washington)

CAN YOU HEAR US NOW???

Thunderstorm129 on January 20, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Thunderstorm129 on January 20, 2010 at 6:57 AM

:-)

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 6:57 AM

I wonder how david gergen is feeling right about now…

heh…

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 6:59 AM

I wonder how david gergen is feeling right about now…

heh…

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Probably did a facepalm.

Thunderstorm129 on January 20, 2010 at 7:00 AM

I wonder if Michelle is still proud of her country.

Thunderstorm129 on January 20, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Masschusettes acted stupidly

/troll

My apologies if this has been done, but I was not going to read all 900+ comments

NoFanofLibs on January 20, 2010 at 7:05 AM

It’s morning in America.

MassVictim on January 20, 2010 at 7:11 AM

I live in MA.
I voted from Brown
I own a ’91 truck with 210k miles on it
I’m hung over this morning
I feel great.

Rod on January 20, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Rod on January 20, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Massachusetts! Today you are my Hero.
Tomorrow I hope to be yours.

ronnyraygun on January 20, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Thank you Massachusetts voters, and thanks also to hard- working Scott Brown and his supporters. You did it!!!

AZCoyote on January 20, 2010 at 7:14 AM

“This is not the end. It’s not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”
Churchill

MassVictim on January 20, 2010 at 7:15 AM

I voted from for Brown

(I said I was hung over – - ugh)

Rod on January 20, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Rush Limbaugh was right, and the people of Massachusetts agree with him. “We want him to fail.” We want his socialist plans to fail, his takeover of healthcare, car companies, banks, education, and institutions that have made this country great should be left untouched.

His colleagues are now forced to defend everywhere. Every house seat, senate seat, local seats, school boards, public works seat are now in play.

Go do good things.

ted c on January 20, 2010 at 7:18 AM

massachusetts chose….wisely

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Thank you, MA voters….

ladyingray on January 20, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Superman in a pickup truck! More like him, please.

doctormom on January 20, 2010 at 7:33 AM

01/19/2010 10:59 PM

Believe it or not, Ben Nelson is running new ads telling Nebraskans how great Obamacare will be, and basically saying anybody who doesn’t agree is misinformed.

Government knows better.

cntrlfrk on January 20, 2010 at 7:33 AM

sums it up nicely me thinks

Aggie95 on January 20, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Deeds of VA… lost big and was the best the D party could put forward.

Corzine of NJ… lost due to the corruption and incompetence of the government and was the best the D party could put forward.

Coakley of MA… was chosen in a PRIMARY by DEMOCRATS and was the best that MA could put forward.

These inept, corrupt and incompetent campaigners were chosen or selected by the Democratic Party in three states and each was a loser. Complaining about any single one of them is missing the point: the Democratic Party has problems, deep problems, choosing competent, skilled and electable politicians. They have depended on cronyism, incumbancy, and corrupting government into getting larger to service the needs of politicians, not the people.

The Democratic Party no longer stands for ‘the little guy’ but for the elites in politics. Any of those three could have run a campaign based on their competence, capability and stalwart ability to run government efficiently and keep it out of the lives of ordinary Americans. Those three losers could not do so in races for Governor and Senator. That is not the fault of the candidates but of the Party that CHOSE THEM TO RUN.

That is no panacea for Republicans as that party has also had more than its share of corrupt, inept and incompetent individuals who have been perenially elected to high office. The R party has blown its chances at governing responsibly, governing efficiently and keeping government out of the lives of the people. The amount the R party sent to Brown was but a small fraction of the money he got from donations by ordinary citizens across the country. And it is more than the D party could muster from their crony oepratives, too.

As no one party has governed for the ordinary citizens of America, those citizens are now speaking out and backing those that WILL support them. A win for Brown is not a resurgence of the R party, but a stake in the ground put down by those outside of it that the ‘Big Tent’ has moved way too close to the cesspool of elite politics. Either move the tent, or a new one gets put up without you.

ajacksonian on January 20, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Drudge headline misprint: Obama: “We can’t win them all”

Should read: Obama: “We can’t win them at all”

Queen0fCups on January 20, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Thank you, MA!! :)

Shiny_Tiara on January 20, 2010 at 7:35 AM

ajacksonian on January 20, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Amen! At least the Republican Party is reformable. Not by the corrupt members, but by the Tea Partiers taking it over!

Queen0fCups on January 20, 2010 at 7:37 AM

= MANDATE REVOKED =

Greek Fire on January 20, 2010 at 7:37 AM

A few months ago it was my privilege to help bring Virginia back to its senses with a Republican governor. We here in the Old Dominion have more work to do over the next few years to fix our own senatorial problem. But for now, a deep bow of respect to the fine citizens of Massachusetts. Well done…well done.

sdd on January 20, 2010 at 7:38 AM

The Democrats must be seeing red this morning.

zoyclem on January 20, 2010 at 7:41 AM

I think SENATOR BROWN FROM MA should give the GOP response to the SOTU speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyingray on January 20, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Last night on MSNBC, gender bender Rachel (the man b!tch) Maddow said that Brown ran a “dishonest campaign” and that the votes for Brown were “divorced of all logic.” Not to be outshined, Keith Uberdouchbag apologized to Brown for his comments the other night, for not including the word “sexist”. Chris Matthews was too drunk for me to understand anything he said.

ronnyraygun on January 20, 2010 at 7:47 AM

ronnyraygun on January 20, 2010 at 7:47 AM

as someone said earlier, msdnc probably had good ratings last night with everyone here watching their ugly mugs on the tube…

cmsinaz on January 20, 2010 at 7:49 AM

In the Whine House
The wimpy Whine House
Obambi weeps tonite

macncheez on January 20, 2010 at 4:29 AM

Ee-e-e-uh-um-uh-a-whack-a-troll

UH-whack-A-troll, uh-WHACK-a-TROLL, UH-whack-A-troll, uh-WHACK-a-TROLL…

Scott has done it, He ‘s really done it, the POOKIE weeps today…

(LMAO! Today is a GOOD day)

Roy Rogers on January 20, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I see Zogby correctly made another last minute prediction.

olesparkie on January 20, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Woot!!!

Just wanted to throw my excitement into the mix. I was unable to get onto HotAir last night. Was a bummer, but that’s okay, Brown won in MASS?!!!

Thought about putting Bailey’s in the coffee…don’t need it. High on life!

It’s going to be interesting to see if the far left, including Obama, begin to listen or continue to ignore the American people..

bridgetown on January 20, 2010 at 7:53 AM

ladyingray on January 20, 2010 at 7:46 AM

+10000

DarkCurrent on January 20, 2010 at 7:54 AM

I heard Oprah is giving away pickup trucks to her audience today.
That’s what I heard!

DJ from MA on January 20, 2010 at 7:58 AM

= MANDATE REVOKED =

Greek Fire on January 20, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Danny Glover: “Mandate!!”

Scott Brown: “…Has just been revoked!”

Daggett on January 20, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Congrats to Scott Brown. A five point win in MA by a Republican is pretty amazing. Perhaps those Independent numbers weren’t a lie after all. Of course, it didn’t hurt that Coakley was about the worst candidate since Scozzafava, but we take em where we can get em. Now lets get rid of that vaccuous whelp Bayh here in Indiana and a few dozen others (Senators and Representatives) around the US this year then on to 2012. Sarah, are you ready yet?

SKYFOX on January 20, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA)

MassVictim on January 20, 2010 at 8:07 AM

bridgetown on January 20, 2010 at 7:53 AM

The Best Part of Waking Up… Is Bailey’s in my Coffee.

ronnyraygun on January 20, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Two things-

It’s SO much better to go to bed happy about a winner, than miserable about who won- (ugh! Remember Nov 08?)

I was so bummed that I wasn’t able to share the moment of “concession” with the HA group! We will need stronger servers for the Nov election!! It was like being cut off from your lifeline!

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 8:13 AM

You know it’s delicious irony when the POTUS has to bum a smoke off the Humpbot after they both get …….

ted c on January 20, 2010 at 8:15 AM

A scathing wake up call issued by the NY Post today.

ted c on January 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM

I am relatively new around here. I just saw “the robot” for the first time. You are one funny mutha effa, AP.

princetrumpet on January 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM

I see Zogby correctly made another last minute prediction.

olesparkie on January 20, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Heh…what do you do when your credibility goes boom.

Thunderstorm129 on January 20, 2010 at 8:20 AM

princetrumpet on January 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM

AP still thinks Coakley can pull it out.

Thunderstorm129 on January 20, 2010 at 8:21 AM

In one fell swoop, Massachusetts has shrugged off the mantle of liberal laughingstock (all yours, Minnesota) to what it once stood for: pragmatic cradle of American revolution and liberty. So proud of my state. THANK YOU ALL!

Huckabye-Romney on January 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I hope this guy doesn’t pull a McCain or Graham. The GOP will self-immolate if this guy turns out to be a progressive.

True_King on January 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Hey, Obama! With your track record, won’t you please come to Texas and campaign for Charlie Gonzales?

(Points at Obama and laughs!)

SagebrushPuppet on January 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM

“It’s mourning in America.”

–troll of your choice

SagebrushPuppet on January 20, 2010 at 8:24 AM

AP should wear the infamous Cone o’ Shame for an hour today. After spending Monday night tweakin’ Hotheads with Palin bashing threads (when he shoulda been jimmying up the bandwidth for Tuesdays barnstormer), he was forced to do a hard pivot and turn off comments during the election returns. Hotheads were forced to watch in vain as the refresh button returned something similar to Barry’s first year—Jack and Squat—when it shoulda been returning some righteous Humpbot. That’s like santa turning off presents on Christmas. Moreover, his Allahpundit Pessimism meter is in need of a recalibration as it is obviously a little off to the left. These key events ought to merit him a simple humble hour in the Cone of Shame.

Can I get a second?

ted c on January 20, 2010 at 8:28 AM

As long as Senator-Elect Brown remembers what got him to his new office, I think we are all going to be okay.

Kill Obamacare, kill Cap & Trade, kill runaway spending, and reduce the size and scope of government. Is that so wrong?

itzWicks on January 20, 2010 at 8:35 AM

(Points at Obama and laughs!)

SagebrushPuppet on January 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Hopefully he’ll come to Nebraska and campaign for Ben Nelson.

rollthedice on January 20, 2010 at 8:36 AM

ted c on January 20, 2010 at 8:28 AM

LOL, wake up call to AllahP (as well as Obama/dems)….tweak your servers. We want more than just Jack and Squat.

bridgetown on January 20, 2010 at 8:37 AM

What a GGGGGGGGGGGreat morning.

Starting the day knowing Liberty is on the march in stopping Obama’s socialist dreams.

Thank You SENATOR Scott Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baxter Greene on January 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Did I just hear right that the TSA nominee pulled out? Guess he realized that public sentiment was not in Barry’s favor.

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM

This from the NYT this morning….

Stripped of the 60th vote needed to block Republican filibusters in the Senate, will Mr. Obama now make further accommodations to Republicans in an effort to move legislation through Congress with more bipartisanship, even at the cost of further alienating liberals annoyed at what they see as his ideological malleability?

“make further accomodations”…”more bi-partisanship”…who the hell are they kidding other than themselves.

Delusional…

PatriotRider on January 20, 2010 at 8:39 AM

(Points at Obama and laughs!)

SagebrushPuppet on January 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM
Hopefully he’ll come to Nebraska and campaign for Ben Nelson.

rollthedice on January 20, 2010 at 8:36 AM

He won’t campaign for anyone this year…

…because the candidates will tell him to stay the eff away!

Hahahahaha

ladyingray on January 20, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Is it me or is the sun shining a bit brighter this morning?

Must be the humpbot!

Darksean on January 20, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Happy Anniversary Mr. President!!!

PatriotRider on January 20, 2010 at 8:41 AM

What’s with the “41, 41, 41″?

edgehead on January 20, 2010 at 8:42 AM

41, for the 41st senate vote.

Darksean on January 20, 2010 at 8:44 AM

anniekc on January 20, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Yes you did:

Fox News:

Breaking News Obama’s TSA Nominee Withdraws Amid ‘Political Agenda’

The hits just keep coming!!!!

Baxter Greene on January 20, 2010 at 8:44 AM

All hail the return of the triumphant Humpbot!

With a little luck, and a lot of hard work, may we see him many more times this year.

Well done, Massachusetts!

Nichevo on January 20, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Duh!
I humbly thank you…

edgehead on January 20, 2010 at 8:46 AM

NRSC pwned. From Riehl World View, screen cap last night on left side of page. Heh heh…

Jeff2161 on January 20, 2010 at 8:46 AM