Open thread on MA election: Big turnout seen despite weather; Update:No exit polls today, says WSJ; Update: Coakley camp vote-irregularity complaint dated yesterday

posted at 12:55 pm on January 19, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Now that our server issues seem to have been resolved, let’s open up a thread for updates on the Massachusetts special election race.  At the moment, the Bay State is seeing a big turnout for a non-presidential election, let alone a special election in the middle of winter:

Voter turnout is heavy for the special election today to fill the state’s vacant U.S. Senate seat. …

In contrast to the light turnout for the party primaries last month, there are already signs of a heavy turnout.

In the late Sen. Ted Kennedy’s district in Barnstable, they’re estimating a 60-percent turnout by the end of the day.

A line of cars stretched for nearly a half-mile from the gymnasium at North Andover High School. Some drivers turned around in exasperation.

Massachsuetts Secretary of State William Galvin told WBZ he expects about 40-percent of voters to turn out for the special election statewide.

Galvin said about 800,000 came out for the primaries and he believes that should double to 1.6 million based on the intense interest in this campaign.

That could be good, bad, or even both.  So far, it seems that the turnout is highest in the suburbs, which is a good sign for Brown.  And as Michelle notes, the Democratic GOTV efforts have already had some backfire:

[Democratic] outreach workers in and around Boston have been stunned by the number of Democrats and Obama supporters who are waving them off, saying they’ll vote for Scott Brown.

Things are looking good, at least thus far.  We’ll see what the first exit polls show, and keep updating the post.

Update: Showbiz Galore reports exit polling in bellwether areas of Gardner, Peabody, and Fitchburg show Brown up by mid-double digits.  However, this looks a lot like Suffolk’s numbers from the weekend.  I think SG may have confused that with exit polling.

Update II: The Wall Street Journal reports in its Political Diary (sent by e-mail) that there won’t be any exit polling in Massachusetts today.  Why?  Well, apparently Democrats weren’t the only people expecting a walkover, but there’s also good news:

Mr. Brown’s surge was so sudden that many of the usual accoutrements of closely-contested elections are missing in the Bay State.
One is exit polls. There will be none tonight from Massachusetts, disappointing journalists and political scientists alike. As Mike Allen of Politico.com reports, the consortium of news outlets that normally organizes such surveys didn’t bother when the race was expected to be a blowout and now “wasn’t confident a reliable system could be built so fast.”
Another casualty of the expectation that the race would be a cakewalk for the Democrat will be an absence of absentee ballot fraud, the preferred method of putting an illegal thumb on the scale in a close race. Applications for absentee ballots had to be submitted by last Friday, providing little opportunity for those with ill intent to organize such an effort once they realized the race had tightened up.

That may be why Isabel Melendez is trying to pass some absentee ballots out on the streets now.

Update III: Here’s the Mike Allen post at Politico’s Playbook:

A DAY WITHOUT DATA: No exit polls from today’s Senate special in Massachusetts, where the polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. The consortium scrambled to put something together — for the “why,” more than for the call — but wasn’t confident a reliable system could be built so fast. After all, it was just nine days ago that the Boston Sunday Globe carried the banner headline, “Senate poll: Coakley up 15 points.” (Note to self: In a volatile political environment, don’t save a poll conducted Jan. 2-6 for the paper of Jan. 10.)

Oops.

Update IV: If you see voter fraud in Massachusetts today (really see it, as in witnessing and can testify to it), report it via this link.

Update V: The Boston Globe already has the results of the election, and mistakenly posted them a wee bit too early.  See if you can guess who they want to win.  Oh, let’s not always see the same hands …

Update VI: The Intrade market has collapsed for Coakley, for those who see predictive value in it.  At 17 and falling …

Update VII: Sorry, but this was too funny to pass up:

Just about every election night, Republican pollster Frank Luntz assembles a focus group of likely voters to help predict election results. Tonight you can see Luntz interview an assembly of Massachusetts voters on Fox at 9:10 p.m. EST.

But you probably won’t see all the work that went into it. As of late this afternoon, Luntz was still scrambling to balance his focus group with supporters of Democrat Martha Coakley. “I just lost another one,” Luntz growled over his cell phone from a hotel ballroom at Logan Airport. In the last 24 hours, six Coakley voters have dropped out. By contrast, Luntz hasn’t lost a single supporter of her opponent, Scott Brown.

The problem isn’t money. “They’re getting paid well,” Luntz says, “probably more than they’re making at their jobs. And they still don’t want to do it.”

Instead, says Luntz, they’re ashamed. “They don’t want to be on television defending Martha Coakley. It’s passé. It’s socially unacceptable. I never dreamed I’d see Democrats in Massachusetts embarrassed to admit they’re Democrats.

Update VII: The Coakley campaign just held a press conference with candidate Coakley alleging irregularities with ballots.  Only problem?  The press release they handed out is dated … yesterday.

Cached here.  They changed it after the story started to spread on Twitter.

Update IX: Brown responds to Coakely accusation:

“Reports that the Coakley campaign is making reckless accusations regarding the integrity of today’s election is a reminder that they are a desperate campaign.  In fact, news reports point out that today’s accusation was a pre-dated, in the bag political attack.  Furthermore, Senator John Kerry accused Brown supporters of intimidation and bullying — a tactic taken directly from his own 2004 playbook.  The reality is that Massachusetts voters will determine the outcome of this election despite political attacks leveled by Martha Coakley and national Democrats.” — Daniel B. Winslow, Counsel for the Scott Brown for U.S. Senate Campaign
CLICK HERE [this post] to view a screen shot of the pre-dated attack.

In 2004, Kerry’s Campaign Team Sent A Guidebook To Their Colorado Staff Telling Them To Launch A “Pre-Emptive Strike” If “No Signs Of Intimidation Techniques” Are Reported. “If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a ‘pre-emptive strike’ (particularly well-suited to states in which there techniques have been tried in the past).

• Issue a press release

i. Reviewing Republican tactic used in the past in your area or state

ii. Quoting party/minority/civil rights leadership as denouncing tactics that discourage people from voting

• Prime minority leadership to discuss the issue in the media; provide talking points
  • Place stories in which minority leadership expresses concern about the threat of intimidation tactics
  • Warn local newspapers not to accept advertising that is not properly disclaimed or that contains false warnings about voting requirements and/or about what will happen at the polls” (Kerry-Edwards 2004, “Colorado Election Day Manual: A Detailed Guide To Voting In Colorado,” 11/04)

The changed date may just be a typo — or not.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

I just placed my vote for Brown from the heart of the liberal beast Boston Public Library.

An anecdote, but I hope it’s telling: the place was empty. In November at roughly the same time of day there was a line stretching down the block – probably 400+ people waiting.

At the polls today there were precisely two people waiting ahead of me. I was expecting a low turnout but that was ridiculous. Since Boston itself is more liberal than the rest of the state, hopefully that says something about the turnout for Croakley.

beancounter on January 19, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Brown’s winning is like driving stake into the heart of vampire Dems.

BuckeyeSam on January 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Any others? Please chime in.
OhioCoastie on January 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM

How about Chancellorsville?

Scott Brown as TJ Jackson and the Dems are the Eleventh Corp – never saw it coming!

One second though, maybe that’s not a good analogy – for Pete’s sake Scott, don’t be doing any Night recon, okay?

Juno77 on January 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Boston Globe calls it for Coakley 50-49%

They even posted town by town results and an interactive map, then quickly took it down

Let the conspiracy theoreis begin!

DrW on January 19, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Looks like they were using fake data for testing and it went public for a minute. I’m not worried.

MechEng5by5 on January 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM

to dig up a fairly successful ad phrase
What can Brown do for you?…wait maybe that isnt such a good one

TheVer on January 19, 2010 at 4:31 PM

You must mean Bobby Riggs. Hehe. :)

Geochelone on January 19, 2010 at 4:17 PM

You are so right…. after all that match was before my time…. I knew it was Bobby somebody!

kringeesmom on January 19, 2010 at 4:31 PM

It says some MA Dems claim Coakley set up a campaign committee for that seat six months before Ted Kennedy died. And that Ted’s body had not even reached rigor mortis or been placed six feet under when signs of “Coakley for U.S. Senate” began to show up.

newton on January 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Actually, she has been prepping for a senate run since it was “certain” that Kerry was going to win.

singer on January 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM

BTW, am I required to go out an buy an old bottle Scotch tonight or will Sam Adams suffice?

Hmmm, that reminded me of Lileks’s Scotty tribute:

MechEng5by5 on January 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM

MechEng5by5 on January 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Irish car bombs will suffice.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I guess its too late to tag Brown as a “Birther“.

Not Brown’s smartest response but its a lot better than Coakley’s uncountable stupid statements.

Conservative Samizdat on January 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Something else to consider: the restoration of Conservatism should also strike fear in the hearts of RINOs who *ever* supported the growth and expansion of big government, especially those up for reelection this year.

Let’s not let the purgings stay with the Dems, but with hopelessly misguided GOPsters as well. Time to send those souls back to their home districts on a permanent vacation.

The word should go out to all who hold elected office: NO seat is a safe one, and those who are quick to support soft tyranny are going to be more vulnerable than most.

itzWicks on January 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Now, now, now! Didn’t AnninCA tell us that this kind of stuff, was just silly? LOL

What happened to old AnninCA? I haven’t seen her in any of the threads I’ve been looking at lately.

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Just enjoy…

ladyingray on January 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

She went out for arugula, and bitter greens for her salad.

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Irish car bombs will suffice.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Googling…

…sounds tasty!

MechEng5by5 on January 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM

More last minute smear against Brown coming out.

Conservative Samizdat on January 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM

This “error” smacks of voter tampering to me. After all, if they were simply testing the system with fake numbers, would they not have followed the majority of polls and have Brown as the leader? Leaking it out there smacks of voter supression efforts by the boring broadsheet (apologies to Howie)

Voted early this morning – long lines, lot of enthusiasm (among Brown supporters). Still scared doo doo less, but anxiously awaiting 8:00pm. C’mon, Massachusetts – WE CAN DO THIS!

Huckabye-Romney on January 19, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I think she’s washing her cats

AsianGirlInTights on January 19, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Conservative Samizdat on January 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM

all old news

uknowmorethanme on January 19, 2010 at 4:53 PM

More last minute smear against Brown coming out.

Conservative Samizdat on January 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Too late for that stuff.

Little Boomer on January 19, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Cavuto & Kristol are spanking Newt, Steele et al who wanted to be more inclusive, recruiting RINOs…
Delicious.

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 4:54 PM

MechEng5by5 on January 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Its not in my NY Bartender’s Guide. IIRC it is a shot of Jamison Irish Whiskey in a shot glass at the bottom of a glass of Irish beer like Killian’s.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 4:54 PM

After voting for Breakfast then driving into work, I got a chuckle, Shrewsbury MA has changed it’s name and now has a sign that reads “Entering Brownville”

wubu on January 19, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Ah, Irish Car Bomb. Guiness, Jameson Irish Whiskey and Bailey’s Irish Cream.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Delicious.

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Love it, love it!!

kringeesmom on January 19, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Kennedy died, Coakley lied, Obama cried. Trifecta!

elduende on January 19, 2010 at 5:00 PM

G-night folks…I’ll raise a glass tonight to my HA brothers and sisters if the Brownout happens!!!

MechEng5by5 on January 19, 2010 at 5:00 PM

More last minute smear against Brown coming out.

Conservative Samizdat on January 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Hilarious!

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I think somebody should set the Humpbot to this soundtrack.

Was third in line to vote this morning, at 6:45am, in my precinct – +1 here!

DrRansom on January 19, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

She was on first thing this morning spewing dumb opinions and I have to admit we weren’t very nice to her…..I can only assume she says this stuff for attention; It’s pretty pitiful.

anniekc on January 19, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Any others? Please chime in.

OhioCoastie on January 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Picard at Pentara 4

BobMbx on January 19, 2010 at 5:05 PM

MechEng5by5 on January 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM

“I don’t want to buy any death sticks…You want to go home and re-think your life”

Jedi MInd tricks…..

BobMbx on January 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I don’t think I should have had enchiladas for lunch. My stomach’s in knots over this election, and Mexican food ain’t helping.

madmonkphotog on January 19, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I wore brown today. Drinking Sam Adams lite, tonite!

TN Mom on January 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Irish car bombs will suffice.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Excellent idea. I’ll head down to our local pub to watch the results come in (as long as there aren’t any GATech games going on or anything), and down one for every 5 points by which Brown wins. Then I’ll let my husband drive me home so that I can laugh my a$$ off at the Humpbot all night. AH, glorious…..

Animator Girl on January 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM

With the low turnout in liberal areas, we can expect that the early returns will look good for Coakley. The suburban areas won’t be able to report their numbers until the last person who was in line at 8pm has had a chance to vote.

MarkTheGreat on January 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Animator Girl on January 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM

GA Tech v Clemson on espn at 7pm

cmsinaz on January 19, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I never thought I’d be awaiting game-changing election results in Massachussetts for the Senate seat formerly occupied by Ted Kennedy while in a hotel room in Turkey drinking Efes Pilsener.

I mean, I’m drinking the beer, not Zombie Teddy…

GO SCOTT BROWN!!

fiatboomer on January 19, 2010 at 5:15 PM

With the Irish car bomb, you need to drink it fast otherwise the Bailey’s will curdle and you got an Irish Snot Bomb.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 5:16 PM

More last minute smear against Brown coming out.

Conservative Samizdat on January 19, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Even the comments in the sfgate blogs are in favor of Brown.

Maybe there was some kind of liberal Rapture that we didn’t notice?

pedestrian on January 19, 2010 at 5:18 PM

GA Tech v Clemson on espn at 7pm

cmsinaz on January 19, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Crap. Guess I’ll have to drink my car bombs at home like a loser.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 5:16 PM

LOL. I know, I always fail, but I never stop trying.

I like this Bombs for Brown campaign, however.

Tomorrow’s headline across the Conservative Blogosphere? “The Last Revolution Started in Massachusetts, Too!”

Animator Girl on January 19, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

anniekc on January 19, 2010 at 5:04 PM

yep, she wasn’t getting much attention – we stopped feeding her & it worked!

huskerdiva on January 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Isn’t heavy turnout a BAD thing for Brown, in a traditonally blue state?

Mad Kimchi on January 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Just checked MSDNC. Chrissy “Tingles” Matthews is broadcasting from a bar. He’s gonna be deep in his cups by 10:00.

OhioCoastie on January 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM

What’s the timeline for polls closing, early results and so on?

I have to be up at 7am – that’s 2am Eastern – for work. If I go to bed now, I miss the polls closing and the early results coming in, and when I get up it’ll pretty much be all over won’t it?

So do I set my alarm for the middle of the night? Or wait up and risk getting two hours sleep if it goes to the wire?

If Brown wins fairly comfortably, at what time might we get a concession?

I really don’t want to miss the party – although the ensuring civil war in the Democrat party will be make up for it a bit…

EnglishMike on January 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I wore brown today. Drinking Sam Adams lite, tonite!

TN Mom on January 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Wore brown today and stocked up on Coors Light and Amaretto for Dr Pepper bombs and pizza ( in honor of Benny Nelson) in hopes of a celebratory occasion tonite!!!

huskerdiva on January 19, 2010 at 5:29 PM

With the light Snow falling around here in MA makes me want to hum a bar of:

wubu on January 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Drink at least one cape cod tonight. That is your assignment.

anuts on January 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM

huskerdiva on January 19, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I cracked open my first Sam Adams at 4 PM. I am positive we won…

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 5:35 PM

This is the website for my local bird-cage liner, headline is the race for Kennedy’s Seat.

They still don’t get it.

reaganaut on January 19, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Isn’t heavy turnout a BAD thing for Brown, in a traditonally blue state?

Mad Kimchi on January 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Depends on the locale- high turnout in the city would favor Martha Coakley, high turnout in the burbs favors Hottie McAwesome –it was reported earlier today that city turnout was “light” and turnout in the burbs was “very heavy with long lines”- don’t have a link as it was on the radio news ( I was in the car) around 12 noon….

huskerdiva on January 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM

huskerdiva on January 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Sounds like good news.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Tingles has a mighty fetching sidekick on MeSsNBC, a Nora Something in the Baaahston pub with him.

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM

I’ll have to get buzzed (even with a Brown win) to watch Tweety Bird or Olbergruppenfuhrer.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM

5:30 PM ET – MyBarackObama.com still making robo-calls to NC asking people to phone bank for Coakley before the polls close.

eeyore on January 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM

What did I miss?

HornetSting on January 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM

HOLY CRAP.. Luntz CANNOT find people that voted for Coakley to participate in his focus group. He said “this is the definition of collapse”

ousoonerfan15 on January 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

By the time you get up, the real fun will begin. If it’s close, Coakley will ask for a recount and sue to have absentee ballots invalidated and the cemetary vote added to her total, while ballot boxes mysteriously show up in lobster traps in Gloucester. If Brown wins by more than 2%, the excitement begins over whether he will be certified and seated before ObamaCare passes Congress. You won’t miss much!

Nice to have some fans from across the pond!

Steve Z on January 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Blowout? Landslide? Electoral Massacre?

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Sounds like good news.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM

wearing brown, stocked up on coors light/amaretto (for those Dr pepper bombs)& pizza (in honor of Benny Nelson) and of course- praying…….

huskerdiva on January 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM

ousoonerfan15 on January 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

that would be sooo saweet!!!!

huskerdiva on January 19, 2010 at 5:47 PM

ousoonerfan15 on January 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Ommyhaw – I hold you personally responsible for this man-made disaster. Thank you!

Laura in Maryland on January 19, 2010 at 5:48 PM

My suburban polling station had a lack of anyone standing outside with signs for the Democrat. It is snowing. Even so, that is a significant deviation from normal events.

Resolute on January 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Hey, Laura!
Begalia on Blitzer just insisted that this was not a referendum on Obama and Obamacare. The guy next to him just corrected him and said Democrats were delusional if they believed that. Funny stuff.

kingsjester on January 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Sam Adams is what I’m drinking today. Seems like the right thing to drink.

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Me too, just got back from a beer and whiskey run. Got me some Sam Adams too…just didn’t seem right to get anything else!!!

lovingmyUSA on January 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Juuuuuust great… now Coakley is hinting at voter fraud and cheating.

Called a press conference to discuss.

(Desperada, why don’t you come to your senses?)

Abby Adams on January 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM

People keep telling me this is the most exciting election in their lifetime. Hopefully it will start a trend of vote often and Republican.

Hening on January 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Allah,
call Chip Foose!
The Humpbot needs some Overhaulin’ to show how much this means!

viviliberoomuori on January 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Heres the lineup for my evening, 5 o’clock in every time zone:
Sam Adams
Schells
Coors
2 buck chug
kona coffee

macncheez on January 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY on your first year at FNC, GLEN !

petefrt on January 19, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Sam Adams is what I’m drinking today. Seems like the right thing to drink.

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Cheers!

Sam Adam’s Black Lager…..delicious.

Hening on January 19, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Latest I have heard, dem leaders are calling vulnerable dems to try and prevent them from retiring…

Vashta.Nerada on January 19, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Good time for a Scott Brown victory party in Sacramento. Who’s here?

Aristomenes on January 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Going to make a run to get some Sam Adams too.

Lou Budvis on January 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Hmmm… if the Coke-head campaign is seeing the ballots marked for Brown yesterday, then how in the heck are they going to explain being in a position to see the ‘fraudulent’ ballots up to 24 hours before polls opened?

Not smart, folks, not smart! Gues earlier speculation was right, they’ve had cakewalks so long in Mass they’ve forgotten how to cheat!

JamesLee on January 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM

This is when the Obama will really get dirty. It needs to get brought up during the campaign in 2012.

Also the dems fight more, they will lose more people support. And I don’t know why Obama’s approval rating is not below 40%

Oil Can on January 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Update VII: The Coakley campaign just held a press conference with candidate Coakley alleging irregularities with ballots. Only problem? The press release they handed out is dated … yesterday.

Ahahahaha… they have since updated it to today’s date.

But still… we all knew that big bad Republican machine in Massachusetts was going to try and steal this.

Abby Adams on January 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM

YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!

huskerdiva on January 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM

The press release they handed out is dated … yesterday.

epic fail

pedestrian on January 19, 2010 at 6:01 PM

The press release they handed out is dated … yesterday.

D’oh

Oil Can on January 19, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Ed Schultz just described Scott Brown as “Dick Cheney Like”. Uhhh… Thanks Ed… You Fat F&%K.

ronnyraygun on January 19, 2010 at 6:02 PM

…but I recall people piling on Romney becuase he didn’t support the NY-23 race at all and that Huckabee was an opportunist for endorsing Hoffman at the last mintue.

I think the same standards ought be applied here. It seems like the CUDA is stepping in at the last minute to help Brown yet Romney has been backing Brown from the start…

Conservative Samizdat on January 19, 2010 at 4:19 PM

She endorsed Brown on Hannity last week…like everyone else, she was staying low key…Hoffman needed every Republican he could use–Brown–not so much…

lovingmyUSA on January 19, 2010 at 6:03 PM

just popped open my new castle!

couldn’t wait for the polls to close

Cheers!

cmsinaz on January 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM

There’s blood in the water.

What will the GOP’s response be?

What a shocker, conservatism works, in Massachusetts.

Will the 9/10ths of the media which of course are liberal activist strongly urge the Democrats to move right into “moderate” territory like they have insisted Republicans must do to survive?

Clintonization dead ahead?

Dems Grapple With Potential Loss In Mass.

Obama ‘Surprised And Frustrated’ By Mass. Senate Race

Lieberman Says Dems Must Go Centrist After Mass. Election

White House vs. Coakley Camp: The Spin Begins

Coakley Pollster Defends Campaign Against White House

Hoyer: Dems Could Pass Health Bill Before Brown Takes Office

Speakup on January 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM

ronnyraygun on January 19, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Really? So, like a hunky Dick Cheney? That’s supposed to be a bad thing?

Abby Adams on January 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM

“Election officials today filed complaints saying that complaint forms from the State were already filled in with allegations against Scott Brown and the previous day’s date.”

pedestrian on January 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Their going to the hanging chad/diebold voting machines card to claim the election was stolen. The Sec. of State will then claim that he cannot certify the election until this “fraud” is investigated. In the meantime 0bamacare passes with Kirk’s vote.

Upside – Mag 10.0 electoral EQ in Nov.

Lou Budvis on January 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I am sure they have many ‘memos’ and ‘press releases’ that were written yesterday ‘just in case’..

LEBA on January 19, 2010 at 6:05 PM

They can’t even cheat properly! Minnesota could teach them a thing or two.

Vashta.Nerada on January 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

LOL, so the plan to steal the election is already underway, but dated yesterday. No doubt they already have a quantity of these “already completed and favoring Brown” ballots at the ready as evidence (prepared yesterday, of course).

Midas on January 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

The first Tea Party happened in Boston and now it looks like the good people of Massachusetts are coming through again!!

WyoMike on January 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Produce a sizable number of these ballots or take your lumps like a grown-up.

thomasaur on January 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Fox News has got to get Molly Line to the mother ship in NY. She’s too hot and too smart to be relegated to the NE.

Yummie.

BuckeyeSam on January 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM

This is the first time I’ve watched the Ed Schultz Show. I didn’t think I could despise the Progressive Left any more.

ronnyraygun on January 19, 2010 at 6:07 PM

In an effort to gather evidentiary information about the commission of a crime, I’ve been watching Chris Mathews on MSNBC. I’m thrilled. Mathews sounds like Coakley has lost already, and he and his guests have been trashing Coakley’s campaign. Absolutely delicious.

Mr. Ed is on now so I’m changing the channel. He busted himself already.

chipandcharge on January 19, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Glen Beck predicts the Democrats and the Progressives begin their Civil War tomorrow.

uknowmorethanme on January 19, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Looks like ACORN filled in the wrong box.

ieplaya on January 19, 2010 at 6:08 PM