Open thread on MA election: Big turnout seen despite weather; Update:No exit polls today, says WSJ; Update: Coakley camp vote-irregularity complaint dated yesterday

posted at 12:55 pm on January 19, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Now that our server issues seem to have been resolved, let’s open up a thread for updates on the Massachusetts special election race.  At the moment, the Bay State is seeing a big turnout for a non-presidential election, let alone a special election in the middle of winter:

Voter turnout is heavy for the special election today to fill the state’s vacant U.S. Senate seat. …

In contrast to the light turnout for the party primaries last month, there are already signs of a heavy turnout.

In the late Sen. Ted Kennedy’s district in Barnstable, they’re estimating a 60-percent turnout by the end of the day.

A line of cars stretched for nearly a half-mile from the gymnasium at North Andover High School. Some drivers turned around in exasperation.

Massachsuetts Secretary of State William Galvin told WBZ he expects about 40-percent of voters to turn out for the special election statewide.

Galvin said about 800,000 came out for the primaries and he believes that should double to 1.6 million based on the intense interest in this campaign.

That could be good, bad, or even both.  So far, it seems that the turnout is highest in the suburbs, which is a good sign for Brown.  And as Michelle notes, the Democratic GOTV efforts have already had some backfire:

[Democratic] outreach workers in and around Boston have been stunned by the number of Democrats and Obama supporters who are waving them off, saying they’ll vote for Scott Brown.

Things are looking good, at least thus far.  We’ll see what the first exit polls show, and keep updating the post.

Update: Showbiz Galore reports exit polling in bellwether areas of Gardner, Peabody, and Fitchburg show Brown up by mid-double digits.  However, this looks a lot like Suffolk’s numbers from the weekend.  I think SG may have confused that with exit polling.

Update II: The Wall Street Journal reports in its Political Diary (sent by e-mail) that there won’t be any exit polling in Massachusetts today.  Why?  Well, apparently Democrats weren’t the only people expecting a walkover, but there’s also good news:

Mr. Brown’s surge was so sudden that many of the usual accoutrements of closely-contested elections are missing in the Bay State.
One is exit polls. There will be none tonight from Massachusetts, disappointing journalists and political scientists alike. As Mike Allen of Politico.com reports, the consortium of news outlets that normally organizes such surveys didn’t bother when the race was expected to be a blowout and now “wasn’t confident a reliable system could be built so fast.”
Another casualty of the expectation that the race would be a cakewalk for the Democrat will be an absence of absentee ballot fraud, the preferred method of putting an illegal thumb on the scale in a close race. Applications for absentee ballots had to be submitted by last Friday, providing little opportunity for those with ill intent to organize such an effort once they realized the race had tightened up.

That may be why Isabel Melendez is trying to pass some absentee ballots out on the streets now.

Update III: Here’s the Mike Allen post at Politico’s Playbook:

A DAY WITHOUT DATA: No exit polls from today’s Senate special in Massachusetts, where the polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. The consortium scrambled to put something together — for the “why,” more than for the call — but wasn’t confident a reliable system could be built so fast. After all, it was just nine days ago that the Boston Sunday Globe carried the banner headline, “Senate poll: Coakley up 15 points.” (Note to self: In a volatile political environment, don’t save a poll conducted Jan. 2-6 for the paper of Jan. 10.)

Oops.

Update IV: If you see voter fraud in Massachusetts today (really see it, as in witnessing and can testify to it), report it via this link.

Update V: The Boston Globe already has the results of the election, and mistakenly posted them a wee bit too early.  See if you can guess who they want to win.  Oh, let’s not always see the same hands …

Update VI: The Intrade market has collapsed for Coakley, for those who see predictive value in it.  At 17 and falling …

Update VII: Sorry, but this was too funny to pass up:

Just about every election night, Republican pollster Frank Luntz assembles a focus group of likely voters to help predict election results. Tonight you can see Luntz interview an assembly of Massachusetts voters on Fox at 9:10 p.m. EST.

But you probably won’t see all the work that went into it. As of late this afternoon, Luntz was still scrambling to balance his focus group with supporters of Democrat Martha Coakley. “I just lost another one,” Luntz growled over his cell phone from a hotel ballroom at Logan Airport. In the last 24 hours, six Coakley voters have dropped out. By contrast, Luntz hasn’t lost a single supporter of her opponent, Scott Brown.

The problem isn’t money. “They’re getting paid well,” Luntz says, “probably more than they’re making at their jobs. And they still don’t want to do it.”

Instead, says Luntz, they’re ashamed. “They don’t want to be on television defending Martha Coakley. It’s passé. It’s socially unacceptable. I never dreamed I’d see Democrats in Massachusetts embarrassed to admit they’re Democrats.

Update VII: The Coakley campaign just held a press conference with candidate Coakley alleging irregularities with ballots.  Only problem?  The press release they handed out is dated … yesterday.

Cached here.  They changed it after the story started to spread on Twitter.

Update IX: Brown responds to Coakely accusation:

“Reports that the Coakley campaign is making reckless accusations regarding the integrity of today’s election is a reminder that they are a desperate campaign.  In fact, news reports point out that today’s accusation was a pre-dated, in the bag political attack.  Furthermore, Senator John Kerry accused Brown supporters of intimidation and bullying — a tactic taken directly from his own 2004 playbook.  The reality is that Massachusetts voters will determine the outcome of this election despite political attacks leveled by Martha Coakley and national Democrats.” — Daniel B. Winslow, Counsel for the Scott Brown for U.S. Senate Campaign
CLICK HERE [this post] to view a screen shot of the pre-dated attack.

In 2004, Kerry’s Campaign Team Sent A Guidebook To Their Colorado Staff Telling Them To Launch A “Pre-Emptive Strike” If “No Signs Of Intimidation Techniques” Are Reported. “If no signs of intimidation techniques have emerged yet, launch a ‘pre-emptive strike’ (particularly well-suited to states in which there techniques have been tried in the past).

• Issue a press release

i. Reviewing Republican tactic used in the past in your area or state

ii. Quoting party/minority/civil rights leadership as denouncing tactics that discourage people from voting

• Prime minority leadership to discuss the issue in the media; provide talking points
  • Place stories in which minority leadership expresses concern about the threat of intimidation tactics
  • Warn local newspapers not to accept advertising that is not properly disclaimed or that contains false warnings about voting requirements and/or about what will happen at the polls” (Kerry-Edwards 2004, “Colorado Election Day Manual: A Detailed Guide To Voting In Colorado,” 11/04)

The changed date may just be a typo — or not.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 8

Landslide good.

GO BROWN GO!!!

RealMc on January 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Watch Obamacare go around the bowl and down the hole!

Red Cloud on January 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Can you hear that? That’s the sound of the Democratic Party getting gobsmacked all day long. An unexpected and stunning gobsmacking I might add.

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

one if by sea two if by land

unseen on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Even if Brown loses, it was fun to watch the panic. And to see Pelosi act like no matter what happens she will always get her way and every is always in their favor.

Punditpawn on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Hasn’t your geek suffered enough? Over under on this thread? 2000 comments.

Diogenes of Sinope on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

crosses fingers

rbj on January 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE SEND SCOTT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ TO FIGHT LEGAL CHALLENGES
And keep praying!

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Hasn’t your geek suffered enough? Over under on this thread? 2000 comments.

Diogenes of Sinope on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

<500 by 4:00 EST, Once polls close—bring out the boomstick!

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Heavy turnout is good for Brown!!!!!

Oink on January 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Please pass me another slice of the Boston Cream Pie…

PatriotRider on January 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I was reading emails sent into NRO and it appears that turn out low in heavily blue areas and more brisk in outlying areas. I am hoping that it is true and that it is good for Sen. Brown.

Cindy Munford on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Senator Scott Brown (R-MA)

pedestrian on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

At 8:30 this AM the parking lot was full in Sturbridge MA with about 40 people waiting to vote. I’ve never been in the voting place with more than 10 people at any election.

I asked the Town Clerk if turnout was big and she said: “It’s huge”. A steady line of cars were coming is as we were leaving.

From what I am seeing, this vote is a vote against arrogance. Deval Patrick is next and then watch out John Kerry.

Jane on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

The real question is: How many dead people are voting today?

search4truth on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

A high turnout victory would be the best. This would diminish the inevitable argument that Brown won because of low turnout. This would have the benefit of scaring Democrats about supporting the Reid-Pelosi-Obama agenda.

(fingers-crossed)

WashJeff on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Again with the spelling problems!

Urban Infidel on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I am tempted to shut down the computer and wait till evening to see the results.

My liver is praying for a Coakley win.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

someone really needs to start pushing nancy pelosi’s buttons. I wonder what happens when botox and silicone reach critical mass in the context of a post menopausal hot flash temper tantrum.

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I won’t believe it ’til I hear Coakley’s concession speech. But keep the Humpbot on standby and cross your fingers.

trubble on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Everyone should be wary of the Obama effect

orfannkyl on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

It is me or have I noticed a huge decrease in troll traffic on these MA election threads?

csdeven on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Diogenes of Sinope on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I’ll actually take the under. I’d have put the line somewhere around 1,200.

Abby Adams on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Cautiously optimistic. It’s going to be a very long day.

milwife88 on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

As a Maine native, I can’t wait to find how many billions Olympia and Susan bring home in exchange for their Obamacare votes!

joe_doufu on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Big Turnout = Good

The good guys are energized. We’ve been frightened, cowed, insulted, ignored and even beat down. They’ve told us they’re going to pass legislation that they want whether we like it or not.

And starting today, they can stick it all up their own asses.

LibTired on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Busy filling out absentee ballots?

reaganaut on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Things are looking good, at least thus far. We’ll see what the first exit polls show, and keep updating the post.

Thanks Ed!!!

heckuva job there brownie! :-)

cmsinaz on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I want to frame a picture of Scott sitting in that Senate seat…

Beck has been looking for “re-founders”…look no more…you’ve found one.

PatriotRider on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Report-Project Humpbot
Humpbot was seen stretching his back muscles…..

HornetSting on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Shopping list:
Guinness x 12 bottles
New HotAir monogrammed hat
popcorn

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Senator Scott Brown (R-MA)

pedestrian on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I have never seen this “R-MA” acronym before, what does it mean?

WashJeff on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Were the chicomm hacking the server or just SEIU?

barnone on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

High turnout means people are motivated and want to send a message.
Now is it, “You guys suck on the economy and want to radically alter my healthcare” – or is it ,” even more of the last year ,please”!
I know where my money is on high turnout.

jjshaka on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

AP get the humpbot ready!

MechEng5by5 on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Standing by for The First Presidential Temper Tantrum (TM) and the chaos at MSNBC tonight. So let it be written, so let it be done.

kingsjester on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

My wife pointed out something that I had not thought of. With a Kennedy name on the ballot how many idiots (lefties) will see that name and vote for a “kennedy”? I think it will siphon off some of cokelys vote.

any thoughts?

jsunrise on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

…anybody at the city polling places spot out of state busses offloading ‘voters’?…or nightstick wielding Black Panthers??

LEBA on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Jane on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

heh

cmsinaz on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Boston.com results page.

Bomber on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE SEND SCOTT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ TO FIGHT LEGAL CHALLENGES
And keep praying!

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Please send me money so I can have a decent vacation this year.

BobMbx on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Senator Scott Brown (R-MA)

pedestrian on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I really like the looks of that…

SHARPTOOTH on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

There is that word “unexpected” again.

A braindead retarded monkey on crack could have told you something like this was coming.

sonofdy on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Heh, the driveby media on CBS news radio (I’m listening to Rush) played some two comments from voters and of course, they played a Coakley supporter making a long, “reasoned” discourse on why she supports Coakley, and then a short byte on the Brown supporter “He’s the man”.

atheling on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Dems have the blues as blue Mass turns Brown.

Steve Z on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Diogenes of Sinope on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

under ~1700

cmsinaz on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

My liver is praying for a Coakley win.

Holger on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

After Rush~running errands and doing some research/project work~
Drinking plenty of water for tonight’s festivities.

BTW, Holger~I have a slightly used liver available for you on E-bay~half price with your HA membership……

HornetSting on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Two questions: What new and creative ways will Democrats use to cheat their candidate over the finish line? And how long will it take them to claim this tainted “victory” as a reason to jam through government run healthcare?

Three, two, one…

miles on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Senator Scott Brown (R-MA)

pedestrian on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

That looks so beautiful to my eyes. Praying hard that it happens.

journeyintothewhirlwind on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

big turn out I would think would be good for Brown. His campagin is definitely more energized!!

deidre on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Man, expectations have gone so high so quickly, I fear the fallout. Remember LAST WEEK, when Brown didn’t have a chance except to send some sort of message? Well, with everyone speaking as if Brown has already won, if Coakley pulls it out, watch for her claiming to be the underdog, winning against entrenched interests. Against a Conservative. In Massachusetts. Such claims may cause many conservatives around the country to spontaneously combust.

This is why I never get my hopes up.

bilups on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Report-Project Humpbot
Humpbot was seen stretching his back muscles…..

HornetSting on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

AP better have that damn thing ready to rock and roll tonight. I don’t think that the POTUS will be the only one having a cigarette tonight….just for different reasons.

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Pray for our troops!

HornetSting on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

It starts out as a small red mark….quickly increasing in size until it resembles a festering zit on the @ss of a homeless crack whore. It culminates in a pustular explosion that will be heard from the cabin of her jet at 30,000 feet.

lol

csdeven on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

(Repost from another thread)

Good turnout here in my little town. No people standing around holding Coakly signs. A few standing out in the snow holding Brown signs.

Saw one interesting thing: taped to the wall near the entrance/exit was a sign that read “Unoffical Poll Results”. Under the sign was taped a receipt-like printout with the three candidates listed with a “0″ next to each name. I guess they are going to tape up another, updated printout later.

Wife said she thought is was illegal as it could influence voters but I don’t know. Anyone seen them post up running poll totals before?

Rod on January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

csdeven on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Oh yeah? Well Scotty McRapingtown is just “an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, teabagging supporter of violence against woman”!!!1!!1!

So there!!! –troll

Abby Adams on January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE SEND SCOTT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ TO FIGHT LEGAL CHALLENGES
And keep praying!

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Please send me money so I can have a decent vacation this year.

BobMbx on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Send me money so I can buy booze.

sonofdy on January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

csdeven on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

A huge decrease. I have ventured to dailykos and DU the last couple days to check them out, and this election is not promenent even on their sites. Now biblical versus on bombs…that’s big stuff.

WashJeff on January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Well, no surprise, my local paper endorsed Coakley, in one of the worst editorials I have ever read.

I think it came straight from the Coakley campaign.

The only good point, is that the comments seem to be in Brown’s favor.

It really is a stunning piece of garbage, even for that newspaper (ironically named The Republican).

reaganaut on January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

NO OVERCONFIDENCE…..

They elected TED KENNEDY AND BAWNEE FWANK and Ed Markey and John Kerry and Tip O’Neil for DECADES……GENERATIONS!!!!

PappyD61 on January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Isn’t it odd how you have server problem’s on this day?

And Obama’s big announcement always come during Beck’s show on Fox?

Tin hat time for me.

petunia on January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

joe_doufu on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Possibly, but how many DEMS are going to drop Obamacare like a hot potato? Surely it is obvious to even the Maine sisters that Obamacare is horrible. If they want to reform healthcare, perhaps it can be done during a GOP controlled Congress!

The bill needs to be kept to less than 200 pages.

Oink on January 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

If Scott Brown can’t win against this horrible an opponent, no Republican can ever win the state.

Speedwagon82 on January 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

High turnout will depend quite a bit on the GOTV by each side. I don’t know what the Dems are hoping for on their side with their models, but Brown had 31,000 sign up for his Vote Bomb.

If only half signed up to turn registered Brown voters into likely Brown voters, and they average five of them, that 75K more votes. Considering the polls leaning Brown, with high turnout and equal motivation to get to the polls, the only chance the Dems have left is the cheat mode.

Dusty on January 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

kingsjester on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Just for fun I am going to watch the polls come in on MSDNC. Hopefully it’ll prove to be a farking riot. Again, I am cautiously optimistic about this one. The potential for fraud is magnified by 1000 here.

milwife88 on January 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

any thoughts?

jsunrise on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I thought the same thing. Just as ScuzzyFuzzy siphoned them off of Hoffman, Kennedy would likely siphon them off of Marla or Marcia, er whatever.

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Heavy turnout on the Cape is a good sign for Brown.

JammieWearingFool on January 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Isn’t it odd how you have server problem’s on this day?

And Obama’s big announcement always come during Beck’s show on Fox?

Tin hat time for me.

petunia on January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Oh! Don’t think I haven’t noticed that Beck gets preempted often!

Oink on January 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

The weather should be that big of a deal. Winter in New England is, after all, wintery.

GO SCOTT!

Urban Infidel on January 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I hear the faint sound of fifes and drums emanating from the Northeast….. Go Patriots Go!!

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Boston.com results page.

Bomber on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Can’t link to it. Too many hits at once?

Probably not worth the trouble now. It’s probably all zeroes until the polls close.

Steve Z on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

The Obama Regime is about to garner yet another “historic” moment:

First President to lose the Kennedy Senate seat.

Yes We Can!

BobMbx on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

any thoughts?

jsunrise on January 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Good point! Hope so.

What is a humpbot?

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

In light of this election, I commit to speak only in the voice of Mayor Quimby, in a show of solidarity, for the whole day. My wife’s going to love this.

Weight of Glory on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

one if by sea two if by land

unseen on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

three if by fast ball.

MarkTheGreat on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Should Brown win this by double digits, the Democrats still won’t “get it”…as to why they lost in a very Blue state.

JetBoy on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

one if by sea land, two if by land sea.

unseen on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM

..FIFY

VoyskaPVO on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Think “Animal House”, Cafeteria scene, with John Belushi impersonating a Zit…

Romeo13 on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Big Turnout = Good

And starting today, they can stick it all up their own asses.

LibTired on January 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM

This is the way I felt when voting in Virginia last November. The enthusiasm to vote was electric on the Republican side. We won by nearly 20% of the votes when polls had been saying it was too close to call.

behiker on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Senator Scott Brown (R-MA)

pedestrian on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I really like the looks of that…

SHARPTOOTH on January 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I’m having a helluva time getting my head around it. It’s a dream come true (hopefully), no doubt.

WordsMatter on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

WashJeff on January 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

“verses”… But that is a highly weird turn of events. Bible verses on guns… just plain weirdness.

Reminds me… yesterday I went shopping with my 15 year old. In the rings at the counter there was a multi-finger ring, like brass knuckles… the ring was shaped like a cross. So is that pro-Christian or anti-Christian? That’s how the gun thing seems to me.

Bible verses on guns is an oxy-moron.

petunia on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

joe_doufu on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM

The bill needs to be kept to less than 200 pages.

Oink on January 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

They both voted for the GOP amendment that said the individual mandate was unconstitutional. Amendment didn’t pass, but they’re on record.

The IM is essential to forcing people to buy insurance to create the pool of money they need.

Wethal on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Its over for the Democrats.

Americans are saying loud and clear, even in the bluest states, no socialism.

A Conservative third party may be viable if the RNC still doesn’t get a clue.

Speakup on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

We are all Bay Staters today!

Mutnodjmet on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

What is a humpbot?

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

The greatest question ever asked on Hot Air. And the best answer too.

Abby Adams on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

The real question is: How many dead people are voting today?

search4truth on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I hear they’ll be bussing in the death rolls from Cook County. IL since MA dead will not sufice.

Annar on January 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

This one is for Team Coakley.

Mr. Joe on January 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

As much as I want Brown to win this thing, I think it’s way too early to pin hopes on reported turnout. Many people don’t vote until after they get out of work. This will be a long day. And, I have a bottle of Patron Silver in the freezer in case the day ends well. :-)

joejm65 on January 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

one if by sea land, two if by land sea.

unseen on January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM
..FIFY

VoyskaPVO on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

One if by ACORN, two if by SEIU

ted c on January 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Here’s to Hoping for a Change in Massachusetts! :)

Senator Brown, we salute you!

Cheers!

ornery_independent on January 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

What is a humpbot?

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Stick around. You’ll find out.

Go, Scott, Go.

Dusty on January 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM

What is a humpbot?

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM
The greatest question ever asked on Hot Air. And the best answer too.

Abby Adams on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Alana is in for a TREAT~Virgin Humpbot!

HornetSting on January 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

What is a humpbot?

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

You don’t want to know, but you will find out today.

txhsmom on January 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

JetBoy on January 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Agreed. Totally clueless. They really seem to think the tea parties are staged.

petunia on January 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Then why didn’t Olbermann mention it?

Aviator on January 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

What is a humpbot?

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

One of the best videos ever. Wait. Even better than Ace of Spades HQ’s “flaming skulls.”

If Brown wins, AOSHQ may catch fire from all the skulls.

Wethal on January 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

What is a humpbot?

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

HA Blasphemy!

daesleeper on January 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

The real question is: How many dead people are voting today?

search4truth on January 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM

All of them.

Twice.

Midas on January 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

What is a humpbot?

Alana on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Do yourself a favor….don’t go look for it. Wait for Allah to post it up. It is much sweeter that way! It’ll be worth the wait!

csdeven on January 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Greta has some video on her website of Scott voting, and saying if he wins he hopes to be certified like Tsongas was in the last special election. There were pics of Jokely supporters with sign there.

Brat4life on January 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM