Kerry: These dangerous Palinite “teabaggers” certainly are revved up

posted at 5:20 pm on January 18, 2010 by Allahpundit

A more cynical pundit might see this as a hamfisted attempt to manufacture a distraction amid electoral collapse. Good thing I’m not a cynic.

This ought to finish Coakley off with independents. Thanks, Waffles.

“I’m no stranger to hard fought campaigns, but what we’ve seen in the past few days is way over the line and reminiscent of the dangerous atmosphere of Sarah Palin’s 2008 campaign rallies. This is not how democracy works in Massachusetts,” Kerry said this afternoon in a statement.

“Scott Brown needs to speak up and get his out of state tea party supporters under control. In Massachusetts, we fight hard and win elections on the issues and on our differences, not with bullying and threats,” Kerry said.

Brown campaign spokesman Felix Browne said, “People are tired of John Kerry’s partisan politics. His baseless accusations reflect the desperate last gasps of a flailing campaign.”

“Scott Brown is running a positive campaign and has been since the beginning of the race,” Browne said in an emailed statement.

Supposedly Brown’s rallies are “dangerous” because one guy at one rally yelled a tasteless joke about Coakley that referenced her decision not to prosecute a gruesome case of child rape that later earned the rapist two life terms. Evidently Kerry’s more offended by the joke than the genuinely dangerous professional negligence by his pal Martha that inspired it. Three cheers for partisanship.

Oh, as for the “teabagger” crap, see here. Not the first U.S. Senator to try to mainstream that term, and certainly not the last.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Photoshop. Why the long face, John?

justltl on January 18, 2010 at 6:37 PM

This is so delicious.

tessa on January 18, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Marcia didn’t fall down, that son of a b*tch knocked her over.

/John F’n Kerry

Left Coast Right Mind on January 18, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Halp me Jon Karry!! I’m stuk in Masachutses!

BacaDog on January 18, 2010 at 6:39 PM

And Mr. “give me another medal, I must return home from Vietnam after serving only 4 months”, is shooting off his big mouth again.

rplat on January 18, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Mr.Kerry…..can you explain to my poor teabaggin mind, just how people from a state, who are exerting their Constitutionally given rights to vote, for which ever candidate they choose, is NOT democracy in action? Hmmm?

I suppose in your warped little mind, it’s only democracy, when people vote who YOU tell them to vote for. That my dear, is tyranny. Read a book once in awhile.

capejasmine on January 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM

PLEASE SEND SCOTT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ FOR LEGAL CHALLENGES

OmahaConservative on January 18, 2010 at 6:41 PM

OmahaConservative on January 18, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Done. 3 times now.

BacaDog on January 18, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Dear Teresa’s husband,
When it comes to the Gold-digging senator from Mass these two things will always make me laugh to no end:

Hey John, why the long face?

ndulik on January 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM

John Kerry in a sperm suit
gooddad on January 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Love,
A T.E.A. Party Patriot

Branch Rickey on January 18, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Bestest of Buddies

“How much you pay for that hair?”

“Oh, about Four Hunnert.”

“Yeh, me too.”

I’m bettin’, they claim it on their taxes.

franksalterego on January 18, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Oh, you guys are funny. These Kerry comebacks have provided comic relief.

Scary Kerry has been all wee-wee’d up since he was burned with the Swiftboating. He had the Globe covering his fancy azz for too long.

“We also see how revved up the tea baggers are at the thought of hijacking health care reform and every chance we have at making progress in Washington.” warned Kerry this morning.

Always pay attention to how the Lefties insert that slippery word progress. They have a differing (and dangerous) definition than the rest of rational people do.

onlineanalyst on January 18, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Isn’t that just like Kerry, he totally marginilizes the fact that people in Massachusetts might be SICK of KerryObama and his socialist party.
SgtRed on January 18, 2010 at 5:51 PM

FIFY Waffles knows he’s next.

Wolfen on January 18, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Marcia didn’t fall down, that son of a b*tch knocked her over.

/John F’n Kerry

Left Coast Right Mind on January 18, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Danger! Danger! Call John “F” Kerry for help!

Oops. He’s running away. He’s ‘fraid of “danger” like Vietnam!

TheAlamos on January 18, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I’m surprised that this tool hasn’t slunk back into the woodwork, creating some distance between himself and the loser. I’m also getting a little teed off when these liberal pos’ keep referring to patriotic Americans with this disgusting term.

Kissmygrits on January 18, 2010 at 6:46 PM

That’ll close the gap, Sea Biscuit. ;-0

If the people of Mass. don’t like being told they have to vote for the Machine’s choice to fill Teddy’s seat, then I’m sure they’ll love being told how democracy works in Massachusetts.

Two words for you and your friends, Johnny Boy: Kevlar Shoes.

David2.0 on January 18, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Don’t know why we have to contaminate an otherwise upbeat evening with Kerryisms.

jeanie on January 18, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Soooooooo, the fool who picked John “Baby Daddy” Edwards as his running mate is making fun of us?

Branch Rickey on January 18, 2010 at 6:50 PM

onlineanalyst on January 18, 2010 at 6:45 PM

You know….I’m often shocked at some of the crap that comes out of Washington, but I remember Obama’s words at one speech. I wished I could remember where, and when he said them, but I can’t. If I find it, I’ll post it. But those words were…..You haven’t seen anything yet!

Those words uttered from his mouth, scared the hell out of me, because I knew what he meant.

capejasmine on January 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Old Kerry must have had too many of those famous baked beans. He is spewing warm and heavily sulphuric gas…again.

onlineanalyst on January 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM

My final take on this:

I actually agree with Kerry. Out-of-staters, get out MA and don’t intervene.

One question ‘though:

BUT OBAMA IS OUT-OF-STATE SUPPORTER OF COAKLEY.

WHY DID KERRY ALLOW THAT BIG BULLY FROM THE WHITE HOUSE TO SPEAK IN COAKLEY’S BEHALF IN FRONT OF KERRY’S OWN PEOPLE?

WHY KERRY, THE COWARD? JUST WHY?

TheAlamos on January 18, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Johnny finally gets to be Senior Senator, and now they want to elect a Republican as his junior? All those years of kissing Teddy’s posterior, shrinking in the awesomeness of the Lion of Chappaquiddick’s reflected light, and now this indignity?

Do you know who John Kerry IS?

Nichevo on January 18, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Does anyone know Brown’s views on the civilian trials of the terrorists and/or closing of Gitmo?

I understand that he believes Abdulmutallab should have been sent to Gitmo so I assume that he wants it kept open.
How about the trials?
We need to get Congress to cut the funding for the trials. And his vote might be critical.

SteveMG on January 18, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Transcript: Scott Brown Addresses Worcester ‘People’s Rally’
As an attorney, I believe that our Constitution and laws exist to protect this nation – they do not grant rights and privileges to enemies in wartime. In dealing with terrorists, our tax dollars should pay for weapons to stop them, not lawyers to defend them.

Wolfen on January 18, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Kerry looks a lot like Leno in that pic.

disa on January 18, 2010 at 6:57 PM

This is not how democracy works in Massachusetts,” Kerry said this afternoon

It is now!

FireBlogger on January 18, 2010 at 6:58 PM

My contribution in 2004 to the “Swift Boat Vets for Truth” was the best investment I ever made.

MJBrutus on January 18, 2010 at 7:02 PM

They are sounding and acting more desperate daily.. They are IDIOTS..

reshas1 on January 18, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Car 54 where are you.

Sharke on January 18, 2010 at 7:07 PM

one if by sea two if by land….

sing it far and wide

unseen on January 18, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Some would say a man with a face like that shouldn’t take of teabagging, I am one of those men.

Also sad to see my MacBook doesn’t understand Teabagging as a word.

Rbastid on January 18, 2010 at 7:11 PM

*Ahem* uh Herman Munster …..listen closely ….come here…….

YOU LOST THE ELECTION IN 2004!!!!!!!

Now F*** OFF, and go back into obscurity where you belong! Nobody is listening to you !!!

cableguy615 on January 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Like all leftist statements, flip it to find the truth. An axiom to live by.

Obama: “Let me be clear.”
Truth: “I’m now going to lie.”

O: “No taxes for anybody making under $250k.”
T: “Higher taxes for anybody making anything.”

O: “You can keep your doctor.”
T: “No one will keep anything they had; we’re choosing and rationing for you.”

O: “This will be an open and transparent process and we”ll broadcast on C-Span.”
T: “Closed and secretive. Why on earth would we broadcast backroom deals required to buy votes?”

By the way, Kerry: this is exactly how democracy works. You just can’t stand it.

rrpjr on January 18, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Senator “Doosh-Bag”, you can kiss my teabaggin arse! You are as worthless in Washington, as you are in Massachusetts.

I listened to an interview with Mitt Romney, a bit more than a year ago. The interviewer asked how a Republican Governor could work with Ted, and John?
He responded by saying that he had no issues with Sen. Kennedy, if Mass needed it, it was done. They talked frequently, and access was never an issue. He then said, he never did, nor ever could, contact Kerry.

My point is, while Teddy was a pompous ass, he was a man of his people, Kerry, a man of himself.

Before I get flamed by you good people, don’t get me wrong, there is nothing about Kennedy I find redeeming, Kerry, not so much.

I hope Massachusetts can see it in its heart to replace a do nothing piece of crap, when his term comes to an end.

Send $$$$$$$$ to Brown, oops… gotta drink.

M-14 2go on January 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Because, Democrats NEVER use bullying or threats.

franksalterego on January 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I’m going to put in a word or two in Kerry’s defense here. The man may not be aware that he sounds like an a$$.He may not be aware that he is an a$$. After all, nobody’s told him except us and we don’t count.

jeanie on January 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Half of Kerry’s Purple hearts were do to the fact that he blew up a grenade too close to his own ass. Destroying a deadly bag of rice! Maybe the people of the commonwealth have woke up at long last.

Highplains on January 18, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Get your dangerous tea baggers under control or we’ll send in the SEIU to keep the peace.

What a dope. I’d love to see this elitist liar voted off the PT boat.

R Square on January 18, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Don’t forget, too, that Sarah Palin has written several pieces about energy that threaten Kerry’s Tax and Crap bill that he has “crafted” with Boxer. He is very afraid of Palin’s knowledge of and influence on energy production.

onlineanalyst on January 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Urgent Romney E-Mail – Help Scott Brown Counter the Machine: http://mittromneycentral.com/2010/01/17/urgent-romney-email-help-scott-brown-counter-the-machine/

dnlchisholm on January 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Thank you Swift Boaters for Truth. This guy would have been a disaster.

Hummer53 on January 18, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Your next Jon Kary we’re comin for you next giggalo boy.

dhunter on January 18, 2010 at 7:35 PM

John “Treason” Kerry. You’re next.

BruthaMan on January 18, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Don’t live in MA but near neighbor who keeps an eye on the place and wishes it well. Kerry’s idea of Democracy seems along the lines of Beacon Hill’s. When you need cash for any whim at all, raise taxes and fees but…don’t raise them all at once or too much at a time because the folks might notice. I mean doesn’t everyone know that that’s the reason the middle class exists.

jeanie on January 18, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Tomorrow, we’ll see if Kerry’s long-a*s face can get any longer.

Sapwolf on January 18, 2010 at 7:44 PM

It’s gonna be one hell of an evening of spinning when MA residents wake up on Wednesday and discover that their state is “full of racist bitter-clingers”.

You now it’s coming. That and the old “angry white men” chestnut.

Techie on January 18, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Kerry needs to just fess up to the reality of what is really going on here,..a picture of Palin send Kerry into a premature state..;o /

christene on January 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait.

John Kerry’s a jagoff? What?

Red Cloud on January 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Horseface should ask Terr-a-za if he can buy a clue.

MalindaH on January 18, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Au revoir, Jean-Francois Queri, you are next.

chunderroad on January 18, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Car 54 where are you?

Sharke on January 18, 2010 at 7:07 PM

So that’s where I’ve seen John Kerry before! I thought he ran for president, or something.

Pazman on January 18, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I’m not a Swift Boat guy, but I served at the same time and place as Kerry, on a different kind of boat. He is a liar. A fake. A poser. He is the worst kind of opportunistic scum.

Star20 on January 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Kerry is a traitor. Him being elected to office is an insult to every and mean every member of our Armed Forces.

Except John Murtha.

jarhead0311 on January 19, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Geez that term “teabagger” is such a non-insulting term. It cracks me up that liberals try to use it in a disparaging way.

It just means the liberal is getting a mouthful of our “teabags” ’cause we’re the one doing the tebaggin baby!

enoughalready on January 19, 2010 at 12:36 AM

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well.” If you don’t, you may get lost in Vietnam and think you’re in Cambodia during Christmas on a super-secret CIA-evil-Republican mission.

jaaakemm on January 19, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Oh you mean the real issues, Senator Live-Shot? Like pickup trucks, limos, saluting nazi radio hosts, now-gone financial iconic buildings, lear jets, and scurrilous rape-loving charges? Those issues. Quoting Maximus: “The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end.”

Huckabye-Romney on January 19, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Sen. Kerry you are a bit late it’s time to Katsup. So, ask the Mrs. if she can giver you a bottle of Heinz finest to spice up his pedestrian talking points.

MSGTAS on January 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Yes, John. It’s such a tough environment in Mass. for you poor Democrats. Always the underdog. Always having to battle against the big remorseless Republican onslaught. Poor Marcia. /sarc

WarEagle01 on January 19, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Photoshop. Why the long face, John?

justltl on January 18, 2010 at 6:37 PM

should have used the other end

la.rt.wngr on January 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM

The next objective should be to remove Kerry from office.

SC.Charlie on January 19, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I hope the good people of Massachusetts will show this *ss clown(Kerry) what the phrase “We the People” is about and kick him out of office the next election.
Power belongs to the people, not the politicians.

la.rt.wngr on January 19, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Photoshop. Why the long face, John?

justltl on January 18, 2010 at 6:37 PM

He looks more like an ass in the original picture.

loudmouth883 on January 19, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Can’t wait until we oust this moron. Totally out of touch, totally elitist. And, I never buy Heinz ketchup!

ultracon on January 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Hey, Mr. Heinz have you seen the latest party identification polls?

You AND the GOP both SUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK!!!

PappyD61 on January 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM

there is nothing about Kennedy I find redeeming,

M-14 2go on January 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I’m going out on a limb here. You seem repressed. Perhaps there are feelings about murderers, rapists, and adulterers that you haven’t taken the time to give voice to.
Let HotAir BE that voice for you. Let your rage be OUT. STOP HOLDING BACK. LET US HEAR WHAT YOU REALLY THINK OF THE SENATOR FORMERLY KNOWN AS KENNEDY!!!

Blacksmith8 on January 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Buy Hunts Ketchup

psychocyber on January 19, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Kennedy’s seat first and yours is next. BUY HUNTS CATSUP!!!!

volsense on January 19, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Actually, I read somewhere that Terayza holds only a small interest in Heinz Corp., and that their corporate contributions are much higher for Republicans than Democrats. So don’t fling that Heinz ketchup just yet! :-)

Mary in LA on January 19, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Or make your own:
I liked the Ketchup History page very much.

Mary in LA on January 19, 2010 at 7:15 PM