Here we go: Dems to ask House to ping-pong Senate ObamaCare bill

posted at 8:09 pm on January 18, 2010 by Allahpundit

An update to this morning’s AP story, which confirmed that the Dems were considering it. Everyone but everyone, from The One on down to Captain Tingles, concedes that tomorrow’s vote is a referendum on ObamaCare. But just in case the vote doesn’t go their way, they’re going to ram it down your throat anyway.

The White House and Democratic Congressional leaders, scrambling for a backup plan to rescue their health care legislation if Republicans win the special election in Massachusetts on Tuesday, are preparing to ask House Democrats to approve the Senate version of the bill, which would send the measure directly to President Obama for his signature…

Still, some lawmakers, Congressional aides and lobbyists described numerous obstacles to the House’s approving the Senate-passed bill.

House Democrats have voiced a number of complaints with the Senate measure, and top White House officials and Congressional leaders have struggled to bridge differences between the two bills. And despite promises by Mr. Obama and Congressional leaders to add those hard-fought agreements and other changes later, there would be no guarantees.

In an interview on Monday, Representative Bart Stupak, Democrat of Michigan, who opposes the Senate bill because of provisions related to insurance coverage of abortions, said: “House members will not vote for the Senate bill. There’s no interest in that.”

Among the crap House Democrats would have to swallow whole to pass Reid’s bill unchanged: No public option, no ban on abortion funding, no exemption for unions from the “Cadillac tax” on higher-end plans, and, as the Times reminds us, no eligibility for illegals to buy insurance on the new national exchange. Fearless prediction: They won’t have the votes. Progressives hate the Senate bill as is and Blue Dogs will flip out if Scotty B shocks the world, and there’ll probably also be a few Dems who object on good-government grounds to trying to ram this through after such a clear repudiation from blue-state voters. Pelosi has only a five-vote margin to work with; it’s hard to believe that she can hold that together under the circumstances, especially since a Brown win would be a dagger in the heart of the left’s CW about how it’s more important to pass something than nothing — which is, in a nutshell, the proposition that Coakley’s now running on. Are there 218 Democrats with balls enough to take all that on? Mark Halperin says yep. The big A says nuh uh.

Madam Speaker, at least, appears to have resigned herself to ping pong: Here’s video from the San Francisco Chronicle of her vowing that Change is coming to American health care, whether you like it or not. Exit question: Why tell the Times that it’s full speed ahead with ping pong on … the eve of the election? Doesn’t that just give independents more reason to go to the polls and extend the middle finger to Obama by voting for Brown? Or is the idea here to convince swing voters excited by the thought of him being the 41st no vote that the machine’s going to ignore them anyway, so they might as well be true blue and vote for the Democrat?

Comments

Wow, she looks like she’s been on a three-day bender. I’m thinking that’s a good sign for us.

JPlunket on January 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM

PLEASE SEND SCOTT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ FOR LEGAL CHALLENGES

OmahaConservative on January 18, 2010 at 9:49 PM

If these democraps pass healthcare over the objections of the American people they should be drug into the street and…

jwp1964 on January 18, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Can’t wait until Raggedy Nan loses her “speakership” and her precious plane.

Go Scott!

WhoU4 on January 18, 2010 at 9:52 PM

“Opportunity of a generation”. Liberals are seeing their dream of controlling life and death of the unwashed masses slipping through their greasy, corrupt fingers.

Nancy’s mask has slipped…literally.

MalindaH on January 18, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I hope they go for it and fall way short. Send every Democrat a message by electing Scott Brown MA!!!

El_Terrible on January 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM

She’s blowing smoke. I hope Boehner calls her bluff. If by some miracle Browns wins tomorrow, do you think there is a chance someone could defeat SFNan next time? All things are possible.

Kissmygrits on January 18, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Not a chance. This is an extremely difficult admittance–I live in her district. You have only known her for a few years. I have had to live with her for twenty. If that is not enough suffering, right up the street(several blocks) from me lives Feinstein. You have no idea the pain.
Although Feinstein was a pretty good mayor given SF politics. If that is not bad enough when I lived in Marin in the 80’s Barbara Boxer was my Congress Rep. You have no idea what I have been through!!!

I have been posting warnings for years.

patrick neid on January 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Coakley’s Downfall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Dkh8xQNwU

KSgop on January 18, 2010 at 8:44 PM

late to the party- was watchin “24” Jack is still the best BAMF -but this is definitely the best video EVAH- LMAO/ROFL!!! AWESOME

huskerdiva on January 18, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Bela Pelosi is looking UGLIER EVERY DAY!!!

and she’s even uglier on the inside…

fascism is NOT sexy.

right4life on January 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM

JPlunket on January 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Here in the heartland we call that look “rode hard and put up wet”

huskerdiva on January 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM

JPlunket on January 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Nah. She always looks like that.

cntrlfrk on January 18, 2010 at 10:08 PM

If that’s all that is holding it up, it will be voted for by the House, and in a larger margin than the original.

You woefully underestimate the philosophical corruption that has consumed the Democratic Party. ‘Moderates’, ‘Blue Dogs’, scared Dems in ‘vulnerable’ districts, and all the rest will not stop it. They are morally unarmed in the face of Progressive thugs who will stop at literally nothing. They are much more frightened of them than of their constituents. That is the nature of the beasts in question.

The only thing that will stop it is a massive physical demonstration in Washington — in the millions — that lasts for weeks. If that doesn’t occur, it will pass, Obama will sign it, and it will be up to the Supreme Court to knock it down.

JDPerren on January 18, 2010 at 10:10 PM

patrick neid on January 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I’m coming to your neck of the woods for the weekend…. you have my deepest sympathy for now- hopefully the caleeforneeyans will come to their senses and take out both her and Boxer at some point…..

huskerdiva on January 18, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Ping pong the health care bill? Sorry I don’t speak gibberish slang. What the heck does that mean in English?

alteredbeat on January 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Pelosi is wound so tight, she looks like she is ready to explode. I hope she is getting some good medical care, I would hate for her to suffer from a stroke or a heart attack. Really, she looks like she is freaking out and ready to explode.

texasconserv on January 18, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Do not imagine for a moment, Mr. Allahpundit, that leadership is a pleasure. On the contrary, it is a deep and heavy responsibility. No one believes more firmly than Emperor Obama and Queen Pelosi that the votes and concerns of America’s citizens should be listened to. They would be only too happy to follow their wishes, but sometimes America’s citizens might be racists, Nazis, political terrorists or just plain stupid and not know what is best for them and might not contribute to the DNC and might not even vote Democrat in the next election, if they allow another election, Mr. Allahpundit, and then where would we be?

Cheshire Cat on January 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM

patrick neid on January 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM

huskerdiva on January 18, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Thank you. Finally someone understands. There’s only a few of us that have been through so much! :~)

patrick neid on January 18, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Ping pong means pass senate version in house than back to senate to pass on a 51 majority.

rlwo2008 on January 18, 2010 at 10:29 PM

“I won’t be ignored, Dan”-Nancy Pel….er, Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction.

Sorry…got confused.

HAnthonyWayne on January 18, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I have been posting warnings for years.

patrick neid on January 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Dude. And yet you have continued to live in hell.
Fight the good fight.

redslippers on January 18, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Healthcare is a right not a privelege. . .

Hmmm. I’m looking for that in my pocket Constitution, and I don’t see that “right.” Am I missing a page or is Pelosi a few bricks shy of a load?

smellthecoffee on January 18, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Here in the heartland we call that look “rode hard and put up wet”

huskerdiva on January 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Don’t ever say that about Nancy Pelosi in my presence. My brain is not a hard-drive that can simply be wiped clean, you know.

smellthecoffee on January 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy! Don’t you keep some emergency makeup in your purse? Geeze! MY EYES MY EYES!!!

Now…Obama knows that if Brown wins, it’s a direct message from voters on his health care crap, and he’s gonna push it thru anyway? Knowing a majority of Americans do NOT want it?

The amazing pompous, arrogant, self centered selfishness this reeks of. This is not the president of the people. This man is in this wholly for himself! How in the hell did this happen?

capejasmine on January 18, 2010 at 10:43 PM

capejasmine on January 18, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy! Don’t you keep some emergency makeup in your purse?

It melted off that unHoly head.

OmahaConservative on January 18, 2010 at 10:48 PM

ObamaCare died last August. It’s not happening folks and you can bank it.

The Senate has this quirky rule – it’s called a filibuster – you need 60 votes to get this out of the Senate. Sure – they had it the first time around, but they won’t have it the second if the House pushes this thing farther into Socialist territory. Hell, I doubt Ben Nelson will vote for the bill in any form – so even without Scott Brown mucking up the works for OCare – there’s a possibility one of the Dems who said “yeah” the first time around – won’t say it the second time around.

The House is convinced that their reelections all stand on a strong OCare bill passing – with alot of Socialism and stuff in it. Why do they believe this? Because Obama convinced them of it.

So it’s a Mexican standoff between the House and the Senate. To sweeten the pot – every moderate Democrat is looking for a way out – because AMERICANS don’t like this bill.

It ain’t happenin.

HondaV65 on January 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Dude!

Can we start calling her the Evil Clown now?

rihar on January 18, 2010 at 10:55 PM

She is a horrible woman.

Knuterockne on January 18, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Is that horrid image of Pelosi photoshopped?

L M A O!

FireBlogger on January 18, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I made it through 8 seconds and stopped the clip. I can’t stand looking at that POS. Also, does she look like ten miles of bad road, or what?

Dopenstrange on January 18, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Good God Nancy! We bought you an airplane, now do we have to buy you a hairbrush and some make-up too?

redwhiteblue on January 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM

All you need to know bout this decrepit c**t is to look into her evil eyes and any idiot will see what a scabrous canker she is!

jgdp on January 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM

She looks like a rickety old wet rabid cat.

Philly on January 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM

The question will be how many Democrats will feel like falling on their political sword to get ‘health care reform’.

GarandFan on January 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Every single one of them. Otherwise, they would not have run for Congress as a Democrat. There’s a deep reason that such people choose to associate with a party whose leadership are Progressives, i.e. a criminal conspiracy.

If you can be willing to run in a party that contains such creatures as Frank, Dodd, Pelosi, Rangel… then you clearly have a very deep moral disease to begin with. A little thing like the prospect of losing a re-election isn’t going to change your basic nature.

Keep in mind, these are the kind of people who will go back and actually brag (to anyone who will listen, which – given how they got elected – is quite a few) “I was part of the historic vote, blah, blah.”

JDPerren on January 18, 2010 at 11:35 PM

huskerdiva on January 18, 2010 at 10:07 PM

I’ve got $50 for anyone willing to ride that thing hard. Good Lord, do you know how many Jack & Cokes that would take? It would eat up the whole $50.

She has obviously missed a few botox injections over the holidays.

PappaMac on January 19, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I love how she pointed to the GOP being against SS and medicare two programs that are an absolute mess. Seems the GOP were right to be against them.

free on January 19, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Can’t wait until Raggedy Nan loses her “speakership” and her precious plane.

Go Scott!

WhoU4 on January 18, 2010 at 9:52 PM

That’s pretty cold. Think of the poor bastards that will have to sit next to her in coach on those long commercial flights back to San Francisco . . .

tpitman on January 19, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Here you go Allahpundit.

Posting an article that tells something about San Francisco Congresswoman Pelosi and …. you used a picture of an OLD, UGLY, ANGRY WOMAN to attract traffic.

Epic fail!

[Kidding aside, is that really Nancy? Looks like the botox side effects are taking their tolls on Nancy’s face. I pray that Nancy can still keep her old, respectable face; I don’t mind if she loses her seat.]

TheAlamos on January 19, 2010 at 3:14 AM

Yeah Nancy, you can drive that ObamaCare bill right off the bridge in an Oldsmobile.

BDU-33 on January 19, 2010 at 3:28 AM

Good Lawd, her near Psychotic obsession with Obamacare is sure taking it’s toll on her! I was almost expecting to see her head explode in that clip. Tomorrow may just about finish her off. We can only hope.

Conservalicious on January 19, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Maybe she’s morphing into Senator Palpatine…?

Wanderlust on January 19, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Name one attractive dem…pelosi, frank, WAXMAN, hillary…they attract the UGLY…

winston on January 19, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Name one attractive dem…pelosi, frank, WAXMAN, hillary…they attract the UGLY…

winston on January 19, 2010 at 5:54 AM

I’d hit Marcia…

OmahaConservative on January 19, 2010 at 7:11 AM

It could be that she’s just stupid.

lionheart on January 19, 2010 at 7:23 AM

Holy crap! Pelosi is doing crystal meth again?

joe btfsplk on January 19, 2010 at 7:28 AM

This is most entertaining. The wit in this thread is so sharp it draws blood. What is this, a comedy writer’s convention? Kudos, gang. No libtard can match wits with this bunch and live.

RandyChandler on January 19, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Holy crap! Pelosi is doing crystal meth again?

Pelosi translation:
Focused on what I need to do = Meth

Osis on January 19, 2010 at 8:14 AM

JPlunket on January 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM

That was my first thought. What a skank.

Jaibones on January 19, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I had to grit my teeth but I went ahead & listened to “Her Vileness.” But more importantly I was watching. Did ya’ll notice the woman reporter in the background nodding her head ageeing with every word Pelosi was saying? I should not be surprised but it still just burns me up the “in the tankness” of most of the media for liberal bias. God help us, God bless America & Pray for Scott Brown!

kitkat-n.c. on January 19, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Rep. Pelosi is truly the “Wicked Witch from the West” who will destroy U.S. to further her ability stay in a position that has a lot of perceived power.

The sooner we show Rep. Pelosi that what she perceives as her power is controlled by U.S. who can give it and take it away. Of course, unless it is stolen via fiat.

MSGTAS on January 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Eee gads. She she looks like some sort of troll from middle earth.

Rod on January 19, 2010 at 9:36 AM

So that’s what it looks like when Botox gives up.

ZeeMI on January 19, 2010 at 10:01 AM

tpitman on January 19, 2010 at 2:41 AM

LOL! Can you picture her sitting next to Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab

Shay on January 19, 2010 at 10:21 AM

AP: Where did you find that photo of Nancy? If she could, she’d sue you over it I think. I’d like to see it more often. lol

jeanie on January 19, 2010 at 10:25 AM

kitkat-n.c. on January 19, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I noticed that too.

Torch on January 19, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Football analogy:

The Democrats have driven the ball to our goal line, but we’ve stopped them on 3 downs and forced them to kick a field goal. If they go for it, they could lose the game. So they’ll probably kick. (weak small bill so that Obama can say he did something)

fossten on January 19, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Yeesh – is this one of Mudd’s Women? Looks like someone needs another dose of Venus drug.

Mr. Pickles on January 19, 2010 at 12:18 PM

‘Grassroot organizer’, eh, Mrs. Speaker? Well, opinion polling may not count, but voting does. And the people’s poll will count more than your ‘organizers’ on any given election day.

ConScribe on January 19, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Beauty is skin deep. Ugly goes to the bone.

Nan is truly boned and she knows it.

Joe Mama on January 19, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Good grief! She looks like she’s been on a week long bender! Holy shit!

Eyvonne on January 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM

God, look at the wrinkles on her neck!! Can’t they stretch those out too?

cavman on January 19, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Wow, I thought Tony Soprano’s mom died!

chickasaw42 on January 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Ha ha, LOL, you LOST Nancy. You’re next.
Is it just me, or does she look haggard and scary?

dalej78 on January 19, 2010 at 11:03 PM

“Handmaidens of the insurance companies??”–What a bunch of crap! Appears to me that Obama and motley company are the ones having secret meetings with insurance concerns and big pharma . . . . Still waitin` on that big C-Span rodeo we have been promised . . . . Looking like it will be a real rodeo after all. More than the dems wanted. They are donkeys after all, not cowboys . . . . asses, maybe . . . . But I rather dislike making fun of the dems with analogies to innocent creatures of any kind. Sorry you asses out there! I know mules did good duty fo me back in 1864 . . . .though. But they were Army critters. I like Army critters.

Sherman1864 on January 20, 2010 at 4:02 AM