Obama to GOP: If you want to make this election about ObamaCare, let’s do it

posted at 8:36 pm on January 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

A vignette from today’s Democratic policy meeting, in which a guy whose obsession with universal health care has so destroyed his party that a Republican’s on the brink of taking Ted Kennedy’s Senate seat decides to double down for the midterms. Fun facts: Support for ObamaCare is down to 34/54 in today’s Quinnipiac poll and Republican “insiders” tell Hotline on average that they expect the GOP will gain 33 seats next year.

Hey, champ? You’re on. Click the image to watch.

o-oc

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

They keep moving it. Seriously.
IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:06 PM

What could he say at this point, “Look at those great unemployment numbers?”

The man has literally nothing to hang his hat on, the SOTU speech would be more dreadful than usual.

Bishop on January 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM

This boob really doesn’t like America does he?

d1carter on January 14, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Geez…That pretty much sums it up, huh?

Dopenstrange on January 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM

This guy is so fucking stupid ….. when he gets his head handed to him in November, you can bet he and his handlers will come up with 20 reasons for an electorate revolution. And none will be a referendum on him…unless of course all those November voters are RACIST!!!!!

GarandFan on January 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Obama just gave the Republicans a blueprint for his own destruction in 2012. If hes’ denied too much he comes unglued, period. The more that his plans are at odds with the American people, the more he’ll come unglued. He’d better fear a Republican congress because unlike Billy Jeff, he’s not capable of bending is beliefs to match public sentiment. In his mind, it’s his way or the highway. He’ll never make it past 2012, just watch.

volnation on January 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM

When is the State of the Union scheduled? No. I’m seriously asking because last I heard they hadn’t scheduled one. UnderstandingisPower on January 14, 2010 at 9:02 PM

They keep moving it. Seriously. IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:06 PM

He’s just going to stand in front of an “Epic Fail” sign and that will suffice. Since this entire year has been all about him then it logically follows that his failure will be all about him too.

Maybe he made a pact with the Devil or something…

Mojave Mark on January 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM

like Captain Queeg every day.

smellthecoffee on January 14, 2010 at 8:58 PM

smellthecoffee: Me likey!!:)

canopfor on January 14, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Hah! Someone else is as old as I am out there.

smellthecoffee on January 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Just gonna throw out the theory that Obama got his ass kicked a lot in grade school and feels the need to prove himself.

flipflop on January 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM

There goes Barry again – “uniting” the country.

Good Lt on January 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM

When I first read this I was skeptical. But as the campaign, and then his presidency progressed it seems more and more plausible.

For me, it had become the corrective lenses necessary to put the unexplainable into perspective. Why would a president do such a thing? Because the president does not ascribe to the same set of values that you do, that’s why.

If correct, we are in very deep s***.

turfmann on January 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM

from the guy who wanted to change the tone of washington….

cmsinaz on January 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM

“That is a fight I want to have.”

You and me both.

Bring it, PUNK!!

JohnGalt23 on January 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Bishop on January 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM

He’s got plenty to hang his hat on; unfortunately, it all sucks.

Dopenstrange on January 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Please, PLEASE SEND SCOTT BROWN EVERY $$$$$$$$ & cent you can afford!

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM

He will be criss-crossing the country emailing videos to committed Obamanauts.
pedestrian on January 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM

What a fearless leader Obama turned out to be: “Hey, loyal moonbats,could you guys do me a little favor and figure out a way to sell working Americans some kind of explanation for all the wonderful stuff I’m doing to them? ‘Cause, hey, I got nothin’.”

And that’s in freakin’ Massachusetts! If he doesn’t even have the balls to face the voters there, what are the odds he’s suddenly going to grow a pair in the 49 states that are less liberal than they are?

logis on January 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM

What a fool. The only thing he accomplishes when he does things like this is fire up his opposition. I doubt his supporters get motivated by it, at least not anywhere near the same intensity anyways.

clement on January 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM

[Comment deleted, user banned -- Ed]

Wind Rider on January 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Even if healthcare does not pass, I want to watch the State of the Union because I think the Commies (Dems) could give us a show. You know, all of the clapping and back slapping by an arrogant Congress would be interesting to watch.

mobydutch on January 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM

The State of the Union!

============================================================
The state of the Union,begins,and after 15 mimutes of Liberals clapping,without a pause,

it is announced,that this years State of the Union has
been cancelled till the next State of the Union,till,

Obama actually accomplish’s something,or anything for that
matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Snark).

canopfor on January 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Hang on stewardess I speak liberal. What O is saying is:

“Don’t mid the polls. You see, we still have ACORN, and there is no way Coakley is losing this election as long as they are still in existence so bring it on.”

*cough* *shudder*

AP,
Please don’t make me channel liberalspeak anymore today my soul can’t handle any more…

alohapundit on January 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM

And that’s in freakin’ Massachusetts! If he doesn’t even have the balls to face the voters there, what are the odds he’s suddenly going to grow a pair in the 49 57 states that are less liberal than they are?

logis on January 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM

FIFY

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM

“Hey, champ? You’re on.”

I can hear the crowds now…

C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN! C-SPAN!

Seven Percent Solution on January 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Funny how he wants to fight us but will not even take questions from the press off teleprompter.

farright on January 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM

What a lying tool. He pulled out his favorite straw man argument: “I want change. I want X to happen. If anyone doesn’t completely agree with me on every single point of how I want to make X happen, then they want to do nothing. Hence, they are against change.”

He did it with Porkulus, and now he’s doing it with health care “reform”.

Every day I think, “I can’t hate him any more than I do right now.”

Every day I prove myself wrong.

jana on January 14, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Brave man.

yoda on January 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM

mobydutch on January 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM

mobydutch: This SOTU,will be a historical Orgasmic Moment
to be sure,as everything that is announced will
have to be a lie!!

Since Obama has been in power,everything he has
touched has gone south!!:)

Can’t wait for the JOBS SAVED and CREATED,thats
gonna be a surreal hoot!:)

canopfor on January 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I understand what Obama is doing here. He has already lost and now wants to start the fight over–a do-over.

This is nothing more than the bully getting his ass kicked by somebody who doesn’t even know how to fight (the GOP) and while the teacher is breaking up the fight the bully is taunting the other kid and threatening to beat him up after school.

He’s SEIU/Alinksy trained and that’s all he knows.

ConservativeTony on January 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I heard this today in a continueing ed class I am required to take and I have to share it.

Definitions:

Recession-when your neighbor loses his job.
Depression-when you lose your job.
Recovery-when Obama loses his job

mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm

bluegrass on January 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM

STRAW MAN ON STILTS!

………”There are those who say … blah, blah, blah.”

This guy is the most eloquent dummy that ever held the office.

bannedbyhuffpo on January 14, 2010 at 9:18 PM

The dude is creeping me out even more.

Rest assured if (when) Brown wins, the democrats will blame Coakely for being a bad candidate (see Creigh Deeds and John Corzine), then ram Obamacare through before Brown is seated because it was just those “outsider tea-baggers” that messed up that race.

SouthernGent on January 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM

The man has literally nothing to hang his hat on…

Bishop on January 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM

But what about those GIANT EARS?!?!

IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM

The man has literally nothing to hang his hat on…

Bishop on January 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Let’s be fair, Bishop; he does have those ears.

IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM

turfmann on January 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM

That article scared the living sh*t out of me when I read it back when it came out. Watching him stumble around since being elected, I’d almost succeeded in convincing myself that he’s just a nimnul, and then you come along and link to teh bat-sh*t, zombie article from hell!! Augggh!!! Don’t read about Cloward-Pliven right before going to bed is my advice. Ignore it at your peril.

smellthecoffee on January 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM

heh

IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Definitions:

Recession-when your neighbor loses his job.
Depression-when you lose your job.
Recovery-when Obama loses his job

mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm

bluegrass on January 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think this is an oldy but goody in the political joke department. Did Reagan first use it when he was running against Carter?

Govgirl on January 14, 2010 at 9:24 PM

w/ his Coakley vid, Obama declared war on the ppl he supposed 2 represent. He doesn’t speak that harsh about terrorists Via WTKK Boston just now…people angry. Even in Boston.

TheBigOldDog on January 14, 2010 at 9:25 PM

They keep moving it. Seriously.

IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Makes sense. He doesn’t want to give his first SOTU until he can actually claim SOME sort of health care accomplishment. If that crap sandwich had been passed the Narcissist in Chief would have insisted New Years Day be delayed until he spoke.

Sarjex on January 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM

What could he say at this point, “Look at those great unemployment numbers?”

Bishop on January 14, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Exactly right.

That’s why liberals are still whining about Bush and making up bogus scandals about Palin again,they have no accomplishments of their own to brag about.

When you have to make a bunch of faux indignation about a woman who states that “all the founding fathers contributed” and “Washington was probably my favorite one”,then you are in trouble as a party.

Liberals and their agenda are failing badly and they are not smart enough to do anything about it but whine and point fingers.

Baxter Greene on January 14, 2010 at 9:27 PM

This guy is such a dweeble my 7 year old niece could kick his ass.

But you know, I’ve learned something from my dweeble-leader. A crisis is a terrible thing to waste. And do you know what Haiti is to the WH? A convenient distraction. This way, they can avoid scrutiny of the final convulsions of Congress, graphically spawning the horrifying, Alien-like monstrosity that is Obamacare. Only, instead of emerging from the chest of Congress, this one is emerging from the anus.

GTR640 on January 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM

like Captain Queeg every day.

smellthecoffee on January 14, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Congressional hearings on the missing strawberries in 3… 2… 1…

ElectricPhase on January 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Dude, he sounds like Hitler during the waning days of WWII in the bunker, rambling on all crazy and believing his own spin.

Alden Pyle on January 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Tizzy? Looks to me like he’s the one with his panties in a bunch. Maybe his majesty is just “All wee-wee’d up”. Conservatives have had enough and are taking action. We neither need, nor will accept, anyone telling us how to live our lives. Bring it barry.

Sam_I_Am on January 14, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Dude, he sounds like Hitler during the waning days of WWII in the bunker,

Just listen to those crazy teabaggers…comparing Teh Won to Hitler again!

/snark

Sarjex on January 14, 2010 at 9:29 PM

He is quoting Michael Douglas in “The American President”

I’ll take that fight… go blow it out your a$$.

singlemalt_18 on January 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM

What else is he going to do? Suddenly fold his hand on health care? He hasn’t the humility, or the political acuity. This is the stupid, petty and vain side of “audacity”, which is the only side there ever was — a fact we never learned thanks to our lickspittle liberal media.

rrpjr on January 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM

The Guy is Coming Unglued.

Holger on January 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Alden Pyle on January 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Linky…

Seven Percent Solution on January 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM

If you want to make this election about ObamaCare, let’s do it

Pretty brave words from someone who won’t even hold a Press Conference. How long has it been-July??? August???

indypat on January 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM

indypat on January 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM

July. The “Cambridge police behaved stupidly press conference.”

Wethal on January 14, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Let’s start this “debate” on ObamaCare with some CSpan coverage like you promised there buddy-roe.

HondaV65 on January 14, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Congressional hearings on the missing strawberries in 3… 2… 1…

ElectricPhase on January 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Linky II…

Seven Percent Solution on January 14, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Shall we start parodying POTUS as “Old Yellow Stain”?

OhioCoastie on January 14, 2010 at 9:38 PM

A-hole

D2Boston on January 14, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Let’s be fair, Bishop; he does have those ears.
IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM

You win.

Bishop on January 14, 2010 at 9:38 PM

There Obama was again, LIVE on t.v. today, talking to other Democrats. About being a Democrat. About being Obama.

Not so much as an unlocked door, however, to the American people when the non-DNC-party-powwowwing is occuring.

Obama likes to monopolize media, broadcast and print, when he can “act” and “act with other Democrats” but that’s where his publicity-addicted “love” ends.

Who makes these arrangements to let this guy on the air like this? I realize he’s in the U.S. Presidency, but once again the hypocrisy by the Left (that includes by Obama and by the Democrats as a party) is gargantuan. I mute my set or change the channel every.time Obama is on “live” or in one of his commercials, so, maybe the networks will start getting the message that Obama is a viewer-eradication machine.

Lourdes on January 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Didn’t Obama say he’d “fight you” to the GOP if they oppose his healthcare monster?

The only targets Obama declares violence against are the American people and with the nation itself.

Lourdes on January 14, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Congressional hearings on the missing strawberries in 3… 2… 1…

ElectricPhase on January 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Nice!

bluemarlin on January 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM

He’s always bragging about how ready he is to fight Americans.

BadgerHawk on January 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM

My observation, exactly.

Lourdes on January 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM

To borrow a line from one of my favorite movies

“Your ego is writing checks that your body can’t cash”

What an idiot!

gophergirl on January 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM

He’s always bragging about how ready he is to fight Americans.

BadgerHawk on January 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Never thought I would live to see a day where we had a President who hated this country and it’s people.

gophergirl on January 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM

“Requires the Suspension of willful disbelief”

Is that how that quote went? I think The One has flipped that that breaker………

bluemarlin on January 14, 2010 at 9:44 PM

What’s your prediction for the fight?

Prediction?

Yes, prediction.

Pain.

Christien on January 14, 2010 at 9:45 PM

To borrow a line from one of my favorite movies

“Your ego is writing checks that your body can’t cash”

What an idiot!

gophergirl on January 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Another good quote from The Hunt for Red October

“You damn fool, you`ve killed us all” right before the torpedo hits.

bluemarlin on January 14, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I just want the next Texas governor to be the one who tells him to stick his head up his +++ the furthest.

Marcus on January 14, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Hey, Obummer?

Those with insurance will gain NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyingray on January 14, 2010 at 9:46 PM

LOL

I really hope there is ONE smart person in the GOP putting together some fantastic ads.

This guy is a riot.

bridgetown on January 14, 2010 at 9:47 PM

The battles the WH has picked: Limbaugh, Cheney, Palin, Fox News, Beck… and a few others I can’t name right off the top of my head.

Number of WH victories: ZEROBAMA.

Maybe they can do some EVP sessions in the WH and hear the sound of Lincoln doing facepalms or Jefferson going ‘D’oh!!’ We could end the energy problems for the country by putting up permanent magnets at the coffins of the Founding Fathers and wrapping them in copper wire: their spinning would generate enough power to make us energy independent.

What a maroon!

ajacksonian on January 14, 2010 at 9:47 PM

LOL

This guy is a riot.

bridgetown on January 14, 2010 at 9:47 PM

They need to hire Scott Brown’s people after he wins.

That guy can run a campaign.

gophergirl on January 14, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Hey, Obummer?

Those with insurance will gain NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyingray on January 14, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Sure we will young Lady. Much higher premiums.

Freakin’ guy has NO shame. I mean through the teeth liar. You want to fight big guy? Bring it.

JusDreamin on January 14, 2010 at 9:52 PM

He’s going to start campaigning again. I know this is a fight Zero can win, not against the American People. Like Sarah said on Hannity these guys are driving a truck right into an oncoming train and we are headed for a terrible crash.

Brat4life on January 14, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Right Obama . . . just keep pushing your socialist healthcare manifesto right into the 2010 elections and let’s see where it gets you.

rplat on January 14, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I can just imagine the thoughts of the House Blue Rats during the Obama pep rally today…

Thanks, Barry, you da man!

But if your nightmare of a healthcare bill passes, I’ll be back to my nowhere land, scratching and clawing and whoring hard, and being the loser I was before I got here.

I won’t have a staff who loves me, who lies for me, who tells me I’m special and the best who ever was.

I’ll lose my driver and the best parking spots at the best places to wine and dine. I’ll be back to driving my own Corolla to a diner or a bowling alley offering greasy everything.

Worst of all, I’ll lose my babes up there on the Hill and have to go back to my wife and kids and, every now and then, a re-tread redhead named Bernice, who talks to much.

In the meantime, if I vote for your bill and it passes, you’re still the President… with Air Force One, with the Secret Service, with servants for your every need, with a knee-bent media just waiting for your choice of orifice, and with a fortune to make when you retire or get retired.

Thanks for your time and words of encouragement.

TXUS on January 14, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Is using the STRAWMAN argument the only persuasive tactic Obama
EVER learned??? It must have opened many door and many wallets when he was a community organizer, because, like a great “pick up” line at a bar, Obam’s over-used it and all the girls are turned off and going home together.

Obama is so consumed with the strawman, they must be sleeping together.

No Republicans want “the status quo.” None of us want “the status quo.” Is this little latin phrase the only thing he ever learned??? We only want “the status quo” if Obamacare is the only other option.

How’s that for a strawman set-up, dude?

marybel on January 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM

It’s gonna be a tag-team. From Drudge:

FROM THE GRAVE: DEMS RELEASE VIDEO TRIBUTE TO KENNEDY’S PURSUIT OF HEALTH LEGISLATION…

IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM

That Obama, he jes a looking for the strawberries and rolling those little ball bearings in his hands, I think he has done gone and cut the hawser.

Lincoln Cadillac on January 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM

If you want to make this election about ObamaCare, let’s do it

The reality is that “we the people” did not want to make this election about Obamacare,that happened when the administration put forth a horrendous bill that is nothing more than a government takeover of our Health care system.

Apparently Mr. Transparency wants us to just stand by and let that happen…..
………..I don’t think so.

This email to Instapundit sums up what the vast majority of Americans are concerned about:

(via Instapundit)

UPDATE: A longtime reader emails:

Glenn, in the unlikely event you publish this email, I’d ask you not use my name. As a partner in a midsize firm (annual gross about $50,000,000) I can give you our perspective on hiring: we’re not doing it. And we’ve always been in hiring mode in the past. We’re not struggling, but we simply are not willing to take on the risk of hiring people in this environment. Just look around: small businesses are still closing. How many “For Lease” signs do you see right now in front of empty commercial properties that used to house small and mid-size businesses? With taxes and interest rates expected to rise later this year or next, thus sucking even more cash out of the economy, and consumers still cutting personal spending, most businesses would be idiotic to go on the type of hiring sprees that would be necessary in order to create robust job growth. Instead, many businesses are still looking everywhere they can to slash expenses. Unfortunately, that includes payrolls.

I doubt anybody in the Obama Administration gets this. They’d have to take a break from their obsession with health care reform, and you know, actually talk to people who run businesses to understand what’s going on. But except for hobnobbing at fund raisers with the occasional fund manager or Fortune 500 CEO who’s so rich he can afford to be a liberal Democrat regardless of what happens, they don’t do that.

This is hitting American families at their dinner tables and in their wallets.

We are watching the backbone and structure of our country being torn apart by corruption and incompetence on Capital Hill.

This along with terrorism is apparently to much to handle for Mr. 57 states and the Greatest Administration EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

All they want to talk about is Global warming,Government takeover of our private sector(Automotive industry,Healthcare,Banks),and how we can treat terrorist better.

The democrats have total power on the Hill and have produced nothing but failure.

Obama only wishes that the election will be about his 34% approval on this Healthcare disaster…..
….he better be ready because it is going to be a referendum on his failed policies,lies,and broken promises that pose a much bigger problem for democrats than just “obamacare”.

Baxter Greene on January 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Conservative: Mr. Unprecedented, you throw down here.
The Unprecedented: You’re advising me to go into Massachusetts?
Conservative: Yes sir.
The Unprecedented: There are no Tea Partiers there, I suppose.
Conservative : I didn’t say that. There are thousands of Tea Partiers down there. And when they get done with you, there won’t be nothing left but a greasy stain. This ain’t the South Side of Chicago, Bambi, and them ain’t brain-dead, fawning women and children waiting for you. They’re resourceful, brave, and forthright. You throw down here, Bambi, if you’ve got the nerve.
The Unprecedented: Still trying to outsmart me, aren’t you, bitter-clinger? You want me to think that you don’t want me to throw down here, but the subtle truth is you really *don’t* want me to throw down here!

ya2daup on January 14, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Be prepared, when he says that this is a fight he wants to have, that only means that he will call out the thugs. Be ready for a street fight, there will probably be blood if he calls out the goons. He cannot fight the truth, he has only one option.

M-14 2go on January 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM

What does he mean “if” and “let’s“?

LibTired on January 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM

To borrow a quote from a movie that David Letterman’s wife acted in.

‘Game Over Man, Game Over.’

Holger on January 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM

It makes me wonder if he knows something that we don’t. Will the Democrats make a “miraculous” comeback on Election Night thanks to Acorn and SEIU? I honestly think Slick Willy has nothing on this guy and his ilk.

mauipundit on January 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Hey Obama – to quote a far superior President then yourself – “Bring it on”, champ.

Midas on January 14, 2010 at 10:10 PM

More strategery from supporters of madame coakley…

From the blue mass group

Yes it sucks..Yes you have to vote coakley

My, what a wonderful reason to vote for her!

lukespapa on January 14, 2010 at 10:11 PM

M-14 2go on January 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Ready.

*Way* ready.

Midas on January 14, 2010 at 10:11 PM

It’s gonna be a tag-team. From Drudge:

IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM

When I suggested earlier that Zombie Ted might win the election, I never expected they’d actually put him on the ballot.

ElectricPhase on January 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM

If this is a fight he wants to have, why isn’t he swooping into Mass. to fight for Coakley? Because he’s become a toxic political liability, that’s why. Wouldn’t that make an interesting angle for a news analysis piece about this special election? It sure was an interesting angle when Bush was seen as toxic to candidates. I remember seeing story after story about how Congressional candidates didn’t want Bush anywhere near them. Now that Obama is toxic — and after just one short year in office — it seems that angle has lost all of its lustre.

Rational Thought on January 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM

M-14 2go on January 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM

No, this is kinda creepy. He knows something we don’t. No one could be this far out to lunch. This country does not want his turd ‘health care’ legislation..there is no doubt about it. He has to know this….

Something Wicked Underhanded and $hitty this way comes…..

BigWyo on January 14, 2010 at 10:16 PM

[Comment deleted, user banned -- Ed]

Wind Rider on January 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM

and anoher one bites the dust…. just like Obama’s going to in 2012- wish the pres election was next Tuesday- in a way it is ,cause it really is a referendum on “the one” and his lame policies….

huskerdiva on January 14, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Dude, so you are going to campaign all across America? What about Massacusettes? Just don’t have the time? LOL!

PattyJ on January 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM

IrishEi on January 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I went, I searched, I found, I watched…

I vomit.

Seven Percent Solution on January 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Ready.

*Way* ready.

Midas on January 14, 2010 at 10:11 PM

AMEN!!!
Wonder what it will take before the military turns on him and physically removes him from office- he’s really acting more like a comandeer in chief than a commander in chief!

huskerdiva on January 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Click the image to watch

No thanks

r keller on January 14, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Ah, he’s just establishing his reason for spending most of the year outside of DC. He’ll be busy campaigning, which is the only thing he appears to do well. He is so desperate to find something he is comfortable with, he actually raised his voice.

Mallard T. Drake on January 14, 2010 at 10:21 PM

The hubris…….I pray everyday that misfortune and tragety visit the house of nObama, so much for my “christian” values!

Let the bodies hit the floor………….

dmann on January 14, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Coakley: “You can have religious freedom but you probably shouldn’t work in the emergency room”
by: Rob “EaBo Clipper” Eno
Thu Jan 14, 2010 at 18:40:47 PM EST

Lourdes on January 14, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I’m sorry…What a f**ckin d***mbass. I’ve meet first year interns with more worldliness and savvy than he brings to the table. Good lord, he is a blemish on this country.

ctmom on January 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Actually, this is pretty smart of Obama.

For starters, he still has to feel confident that the machinery of Mass elections–and all the levers that Coakley can pull that Brown cannot–will keep his Senate supermajority. If that happens, he can claim that the people have spoken and that there’s no more reason for delay on his dream bill.

And if Brown pulls it out, Obama can face the reality of the filibuster and stage it as “taking the high road” by scuttling the bill. He gets the albatross off his neck and looks …well, less rabidly leftist than he has looked of late.

johnny alpha on January 14, 2010 at 10:35 PM

He should really take on some group he might win against… the LaRouchies maybe. But then he might really be found out to be under the control of the Queen of England and lose that one, too. ajacksonian on January 14, 2010 at 9:47 PM

You owe me for a new keyboard.

smellthecoffee on January 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM