Nebraskans so disgusted with Ben Nelson they can’t even eat around him

posted at 9:18 pm on January 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

If this guy was up for reelection in November instead of 2012, he’d already be preparing for a permanent vacation a la Dodd and Dorgan. As it is, he’ll limp along for two more long years — unless he finally crumbles and decides to be the 41st “no” vote after all. Or rather, the 42nd, if/when Scott Brown wins.

Tell me again about running on ObamaCare in the midterms, champ.

Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson and his wife were leaving dinner at a new pizza joint near their home in Omaha one night last week when a patron began complaining about Nelson’s decisive vote in favor of the Senate’s health care bill.

Other customers started booing. A woman yelled, “Get him the hell out of here!” And the Nelsons and their dining companions beat a hasty retreat.

“It was definitely a scene in there,” said Tom Lewis, a 41-year-old dentist and registered Republican who witnessed the incident. A second witness confirmed the incident to POLITICO…

“He’s kind of a man without a state,” said Julie Schmit-Albin, executive director of Nebraska Right to Life, an influential anti-abortion group that had endorsed Nelson’s previous election bids but has “pretty much cut [its] ties” with the senator over the abortion deal in the health care bill…

Asked about the incident at the pizza joint, Thompson said: “If somebody yelled that comment, Sen. Nelson didn’t hear it, and he did hear positive comments from others in the restaurant.”

This is no freshman Democrat. He’s on his second term as senator after having served two as governor — a popular pol, until this year. Now he trails by, um, 31 points in hypothetical match-ups with Nebraska’s current governor. Good work, Ben. Exit question: Assume Brown wins and that, as predicted, Democrats on the Hill and in Massachusetts move to delay seating him until they can pass ObamaCare. Does Nelson use that as an opportunity to switch his vote and derail the whole project? Don’t forget, he caved on DeMint’s anti-earmark resolution just before New Year’s in order to buy himself some political cover as a “good government” type. If the Dems decide to obstruct Brown, maybe Bribe-taking Ben decides that he simply can’t risk any further dirtiness and does the right thing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ben Nelson is what we call……VERMIN!!!

Visualize this chant across Election night rallies across the country (if voting is still legal by then).

“DO YOU HEAR US NOW……DO YOU HEAR US NOW…..DO YOU HEAR US NOW?”

“U-S-A……U-S-A……U-S-A!!!!”

“THREW THE BUMS OUT…..THREW THE BUMS OUT….THREW THE BUMS OUT!!!”

Any other election night fantasies out there?

PappyD61 on January 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM

The date that Senator Scott Brown showed up at the Capitol backed by several hundred thousand armed American citizens would rank up there with April 19, 1775 and April 12, 1861. You can count on it.

bill30097 on January 14, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I’d like to send you money, as a thank you for your tolerate-no-guff attitude ever since the creep betrayed Nebraska and the rest of the country.

JDPerren on January 14, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Just send money to Scott instead of me. I am poor and out of work, but I am a Nebraskan, so I will survive.

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I remember the scene in “Goodfellas” where the mob ran a fast-food joint and specially prepared the free hoagies for the cops by coughing up a loogie and planting it into the sandwich. Never thought another human would be deserving of something so disgusting, but……
Marcus on January 14, 2010 at 9:52 PM

That was Casino, but I share your sentiment…

joejm65 on January 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM

No one else to blame but the man in the mirror. He chose to eat well over sleep well.

Mo2Do on January 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM

What is that “thing” on the top of his head? Is it real? Did the democrats from Illinois offer Nelson a free styling session with Rod Blagojevich, on top of his multi-million dollar bribe? Enquiring minds want to know.

MayorDaley on January 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Scum

CWforFreedom on January 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM

MayorDaley on January 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM

His hair is real. Please attack him on substantive merits.

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:11 PM

MayorDaley on January 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Teehee. Good one.

sherry on January 14, 2010 at 11:12 PM

huskerdiva on January 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Thank you!

I know what you mean regarding Ben’s hearing… but my heart says, “Ben, resign and end the agony for us all.”

T J Green on January 14, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Yep. Positive comments such as “You’re smart to get your sorry, saggy backside out of here, you lame turncoat.” That’s positive for Nelson.

I loathe liberals and RINOs.

AubieJon on January 14, 2010 at 11:15 PM

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:11 PM

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM

You’re on a roll tonight! Did you catch Johanns on Greta?

yoda on January 14, 2010 at 11:15 PM

yoda on January 14, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Yes. God Bless my real senator.

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:17 PM

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I hope you find a good job. Wish you well.

atheling on January 14, 2010 at 11:21 PM

yoda on January 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I have posted my past warnings about certain individuals – including that stuffed shirt often seen behind TOTUS – not setting foot on my lawn. You, however, have a lifelong pass to levitate over my lawn anytime.

T J Green on January 14, 2010 at 11:22 PM

That’s a great little Italian place, by the way. But, located in the most conservative part of town.

rogersnowden on January 14, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I hope you find a good job. Wish you well.

atheling on January 14, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Thank you. The Lord Be with you.

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:27 PM

T J Green on January 14, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Why thank you TJ Green. You had a mighty fine comeback to Mr.640.

yoda on January 14, 2010 at 11:30 PM

So tell me, Senator: what did you expect would happen when you turned your “principled” stand into a raid on taxpayers and you got caught in the headlights because you were the last piggie at the through? It sure s is to be you!

ya2daup on January 14, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Sen.Judas Iscariot Nelson is just another hog at the trough.

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Sen.Judas Iscariot Nelson is just another hog at the trough.

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Trust me, we Nebraskans recognize hogs. Especially if they are at the trough.

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Ben, maybe it’s time to move on…to like, Minnesota or Iowa.

I think you’re still electable there…

SuperCool on January 14, 2010 at 11:49 PM

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I have several relatives from McCook (where Senator Ben hails from) or nearby towns. Regarding your photo, the consensus is Ben’s on the far left.

T J Green on January 14, 2010 at 11:50 PM

“All politics is local.”

Tip O’Neill

TIP O’NEILL!! HAHAHAHA

EZnSF on January 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I think I’ve met the Tom Lewis quoted in the article. Small world.

gmbdds on January 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

That dude’s got the sweetest Lego hair I’ve ever seen.

ezye on January 15, 2010 at 12:32 AM

ezye on January 15, 2010 at 12:32 AM

He and Dorgan both have good Lego hair, but the champion’s belt for Lego hair has to go to Blago.

Ted Torgerson on January 15, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Poor widdle Bent Nelson.

Geochelone on January 15, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Latest Ben Nelson poll:

Nelson 31%
Scabies 66%

Nelson 31%
A warm turd 68%

Nelson 31%
lethal injection 58%

dthorny on January 15, 2010 at 4:47 AM

Ben, maybe it’s time to move on…to like, Minnesota or Iowa.

I think you’re still electable there…

SuperCool on January 14, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Hey, leave Iowa out of this!!!! We have Harkin–that’s bad enough!

lovingmyUSA on January 15, 2010 at 5:04 AM

Hey, leave Iowa out of this!!!! We have Harkin–that’s bad enough!

lovingmyUSA on January 15, 2010 at 5:04 AM

lmUSA – You have my second favorite Representative, Steve King and Senator Grassley, but Hysterical Harkin is sure a nut. Maybe Tuesday night we can raise a glass of spirits to congratulate Senator Brown. I’m game!!!!

yoda on January 15, 2010 at 6:34 AM

I can’t say for sure but only one local channel reported on it, and that was to refute it.

rollthedice on January 15, 2010 at 6:46 AM

rollthedice on January 15, 2010 at 6:48 AM

rollthedice on January 15, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Thanks for the article. Nelson is a pariah and knows his days are numbered here in Nebraska. In the Fremont Tribue he is quoted as saying he is thanked by 9 out of 10 people for his vote for health care, so I have some serious doubts about anything he or his staff tell the media. (:

yoda on January 15, 2010 at 7:09 AM

dthorny has the laugh post of the day! Thanks!

woodswalking1 on January 15, 2010 at 7:31 AM

He didn’t hear the woman scream to GET OUT, but he heard many positive comments!?!?!

The man is delusional.

LMAO!

DuctTapeMyBrain on January 15, 2010 at 7:35 AM

oops…

jerrytbg on January 15, 2010 at 7:44 AM

ok what’s going on here… aha!

jerrytbg on January 15, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Clearly Sen. Nelson is living in an alternate reality in his own head. Given that, it’s pointless to speculate that he’ll change his vote.

olesparkie on January 15, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Jaibones on January 15, 2010 at 8:07 AM

YOU LIE!!

angryed on January 15, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Nelson 29%
Rough anal sex with Rod Blagojevich 33%

dthorny on January 15, 2010 at 4:47 AM

Damn it now i have to clean the coffee off the computer screen.

angryed on January 15, 2010 at 8:15 AM

“…he did hear positive comments from others in the restaurant.”

Yes, all those positive comments are why he left in fast hurry.

Kafir on January 15, 2010 at 8:38 AM

I’d be saying a lot worse than “get him the hell outta here”!! ….to my wifes embarrassment.

PatriotRider on January 15, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Did the moron expect his anti-abortion contituency to kiss him after his betrayal? Judas.

kingsjester on January 15, 2010 at 8:52 AM

I would really like to see all of these thieving politicians receive similar treatment whenever they appear in public.

badcrow on January 15, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Sen.Judas Iscariot Nelson is just another hog at the trough.

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Trust me, we Nebraskans recognize hogs. Especially if they are at the trough.

OmahaConservative on January 14, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Hogs, why there should be a pork filled earmark for that….oh wait… there is!

kringeesmom on January 15, 2010 at 9:16 AM

If Ben thinks changing his vote will save him you can bet he will do it at this point. The only problem is that he may figure that he has already dug to deep a hole for himself.

duff65 on January 15, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Any other election night fantasies out there?

PappyD61 on January 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Seeing Nancy Pelosi marched away to her little bubble in San Francisco, never to disturb the good people of this country again.

That would call for a rousing chorus of “Jesus Loves Me,” I think.

Animator Girl on January 15, 2010 at 9:53 AM

PLEASE SEND SCOTT BROWN $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

OmahaConservative on January 15, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Would it be bad form to pour a glass of cola over his head? I want to know before I run into him at a Restaurant.

PappaMac on January 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM

If the conniving Democrats can figure a way to have this bill passed by a simple majority in the Senate, they will allow Nelson and a few others to vote ‘no’ in an attempt to save their political hides.

justltl on January 15, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Any other election night fantasies out there?

PappyD61 on January 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM

My “fantasy” is not about election night Tuesday or in November. It is in January 2011 when the GOP takes back the House. Then the Judiciary Committee, the Ethics Committee and other committees start issuing supeonas.

But it is just a fantasy. Many of our “Leaders” are like McCain, RINO’s.

I fanasize about Brown asking Holder under oath about why he dismissed the charges against the Philly Black Panthers and Holder taking the 5th.

barnone on January 15, 2010 at 10:46 AM

PappaMac on January 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I know that you’re joking, but non-violent demonstration would be effective.
Take conspicuous shunning for example.
Turning your chair so that your back faces them.
Turning your back toward them if you encounter them elsewhere in public.

Now that I think about it, however, with Dem politicians, they might just take that as a golden opportunity to pick your pocket.
Nevermind.
Back to the drawing board.

justltl on January 15, 2010 at 10:54 AM

justltl on January 15, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I wasn’t joking.

In December of 1776, George Washington crossed the Deleware river, which at the time had ice floating on it, as it was colder than Nebraska in January. He was not crossing to have pizza with the British. He was fighting a war and expected to inflict and suffer casualties.

Pouring a Coca-Cola over Nelson’s head, would just be my little version of that event.

PappaMac on January 15, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Reasoning is this actually has mathmatical support. Any two negatives multiplied by an even number equals a positive. Must have been an even amount of negatives.

CynicalOptimist on January 15, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Nelson 31%
lethal injection 58%

dthorny on January 15, 2010 at 4:47 AM

LOL!

SKYFOX on January 15, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I really can’t believe anything coming from Benny or his minions. In our local paper he is quoted as saying 9 out of 10 nebraskans are backing him. From my sphere of influence it shakes out about 9 to 1 against him. Hmmmm ggeeee who should I believe? The sawed off back stabbing little liar and his staff, or the professional people I admire and trust? There isn’t an Acorn office out here in the sticks that I can run to for advice, not a panther in site. HHHHMMM what a delima.

flyoverboy on January 15, 2010 at 11:33 AM

What pizza place was this at? I may have to check out their pizza.

Still, as disgusted as I am with him for his voting the past year, I’m not sure if I would’ve heckled him out of a private restaurant but I guess people have their limits and are justifiably angry with him.

Yakko77 on January 15, 2010 at 11:35 AM

That is hilarious. Just exactly what I would have written had I been snarking about what his comments would have been.

Vashta.Nerada on January 14, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Dems/socialists have become caricatures of themselves. Snarks are losing their humor because these turds are living down to them.

Fighton03 on January 15, 2010 at 11:53 AM

PappaMac on January 15, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I hear ya.

Pouring a drink over his noggin might get you some quality cell time, however.

Here’s another option, right out of the reprobate Alinsky’s book.
If you see ol’ BenWa coming into your eatery, start to load up on beans, hard boiled eggs, and cabbage. Wash it down with a beer (If I recall, a restaurant in Omaha called Upstream had excellent beer, but I digress.)
Let that mixture ferment for a while in the ol’ GI tract, then saunter past Ben’s table and pass a loud, wet one.
Look sheepish and put a hand up to your mouth and say, “Oops, excuse me, I just passed a healthcare bill.”

justltl on January 15, 2010 at 12:45 PM

“Good job trading your principles in order to get money for our state?”

blink on January 15, 2010 at 11:19 AM

The good news for Nelson is that he traded away something non-existent, and therefore valueless.

justltl on January 15, 2010 at 12:45 PM

ok now THAT’S a great idea!!!

runawayyyy on January 15, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I’m a third generation Oregonian and I have seen a lot of stupid things brought to us by our neighbors to the south but this Nelson guy is a remerkable piece of work. Most people have a certain amount of gray matter in their skulls but I think this big-headed, ugly clown has nothing but brown matter. Where do they come from? Tralfamador?(Slaughterhouse five)

LarryG on January 15, 2010 at 2:52 PM

The guys at Hillbuzz called for this sort of public censure just yesterday. Could this be their doing? Impressive.

JackOfClubs on January 15, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Hey SuperCool…not cool. MN already has more than our share of idiots. Amy (superbowl peanut server) Klobuchar, and Freakin’ Franken are all we can handle right now. Please remember, there are a lot of conservatives screaming to be free of the idiots. We just have a hard time being impolite. I bet ol’ Ben would have gotten a real nasty “Darn You!” in MN.

Proudvet on January 15, 2010 at 7:29 PM