It’s come to this: Scott Brown’s a “far-right tea-bagger,” says Chuck Schumer

posted at 5:53 pm on January 13, 2010 by Allahpundit

“Tea-bagger.” Now being used by U.S. Senators. Not even in private conservation either, a la Reid or Chuckles himself when he dropped the word “bitch” on a flight attendant a few weeks ago.

This comes from … a fundraising e-mail.

I got the message below from Ted Kennedy’s widow, Vicki, and I wanted to make sure you saw it.

Martha Coakley is running to fill the rest of Ted Kennedy’s term, and her opponent is a far-right tea-bagger Republican.

It would be bad enough to lose this seat — and Democrats’ sixtieth vote in the Senate — right before the final health care reform vote. But it would be even worse for the decisive “no” vote to come from Ted Kennedy’s old seat.

Please note: This is the same guy who spent weeks wetting his pants during his first Senate run when Al D’Amato called him a “putzhead” in a private meeting. I know Durbin’s probably next in line for majority leader when, not if, Nevada finally takes care of Reid, but Schumer’s really his heir apparent. Same nastiness, same cynicism, same snide, two-bit demagoguery. The difference is that Reid apologized for the “negro” comment whereas this will be defended with “who, me?” little-boy fake innocence about the double meaning of the word.

Bill Kristol’s spot on: “The Democratic campaign now consists to a remarkable degree simply of screaming that Brown equals Bush/Republican/right-wing.” Via Weasel Zippers, below you’ll find the latest manifestation of that strategy, such as it is. We all saw it coming and now it’s here. Exit question: At just $77.89 per donation, there sure are a lot of “teabaggers” out there, huh?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

“If I am a Teabagger who gets Teabagged?” /Scott Brown’s next ad.

Own the term and they can’t use it.

Holger on January 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I agree, I have been saying that for a long time, liberals around me quit saying it soon after. Used it on simplesimon when he was still here, never answered me. It works!

bluemarlin on January 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Why are Dims so angry these days? They elected the “Great Black Liberal Jesus” who was supposed to lead us all to Progressive Nirvana. Why hasn’t that happened yet?

Speedwagon82 on January 13, 2010 at 9:29 PM

There’s no question that Schumer is filth who belongs in jail. But shouldn’t all this anger be more appropriately directed at some of the voters in New York? They’re the ones, after all, who elected this creature time and again for the past nearly 30 years.

Being pissed at politicians is valid. But it’s some of your fellow citizens who are selling you out. Make them suffer the consequences of their choice (’cause the politicians surely never will) and you might get somewhere.

JDPerren on January 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I’m a Teabagger,
and I’m okay
I work all night
and get taxed all day

SlimyBill on January 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Chuck you, Shumer.

thebookkeeper on January 13, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I say we tea bag Pelosi,…open wide Nancy

royzer on January 13, 2010 at 11:21 PM

UpChuck Tumor and the Dems have it all wrong with the “tea-bagger” label:
Tea Partiers are American Patriots who are demonstrating in the streets to take their country back from left-wing extremists hell-bent on the destruction of its founding principles.

Tea-bagging is a term used by gays to describe one of their sexual acts.

Gay marriage advocates also demonstrate in the streets to jam their agenda down the throats of the American public.

I would argue that the term “tea-baggers” is a far more appropriate term to describe the gay marriage crowd.

What say you, Barney Frank?

Sweet_Thang on January 14, 2010 at 6:41 AM

Scott Brown’s a “far-right tea-bagger,” says Chuck Schumer

Chuckie, Chuckie, Chuckie. I know, you saw that Cosmo pic that Powerline posted and it got you all heated up. Nothing but teabagging on the mind, since seeing it.

A little advice Chuckie. I can’t have Miss America, you can’t have Mr. Cosmo. That’s life. But I still think you can find happiness. There’s no need to lash out at the hunk that will forever remain out of your willing tea cup. I hear Michael Meehan is into close contact sports. Have you ever thought of approaching the lavender avenger? You never know.

MNHawk on January 14, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Note to “Bitch” Shumer: Don’t worry you’re safe, dude.
You have to have BALLS to get teabagged.

miles on January 14, 2010 at 8:32 AM

So, what are “Massachusetts values?” I’m not sure I want to know, but that Coakly #@!@# must be smarter than the average voter there. All national elections come down to state and local races. How can anyone expect a Conservative to ever win in a place dumb enough to elect a drunk murderer and keep him in office until he dies? Sheesh!

DanaSmiles on January 14, 2010 at 8:42 AM

If it were ww2, chuck has the qualities that would have placed him as a Nazi accomplise

Sonosam on January 14, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Schumer is the perfect Democrat. A vile thug and a coward to boot. In simpler times a good man would slap this bottom-feeding POS and challenge him to meet on the field of honor. And since Schumer has no honor, he would never show. At least then he could be branded the coward he is and even the NYT (of old) wouldn’t prop him up.
Except for the lack of indoor plumbing I sometimes pine for that simpler age.

SKYFOX on January 14, 2010 at 8:49 AM

And Schumer is a far left, fairly typical, crook. As for MA ‘values’—not sure myself and I live 8 miles north of their border. I do know that, over all, they are good people. I think their political destinies have been co-opted by the academics ,special interests and unions on one side and their opposites,the welfare albatrosses, on the other.This is combined with a Party so used to manipulations that it’s like breathing. I used to think the middle class MA person let this happen themselves or that they prefer it this way. Suspect that neither is true. Have no proof, but am pretty sure that the votes(especially in the cities)are manipulated in various ways and until that is exposed, no other Party stands a chance. Or…and this is a big or..MA folks get mad enough to stop it.

jeanie on January 14, 2010 at 8:55 AM

DanaSmiles on January 14, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Teddy rode the corpse of his brother to office and kept that corpse in full view (while trying to hide Mary Jo’s) every day he had that office. The brainless MA voters who kept voting for the swimmer on that basis are festering in their Depends or dead/dying. The current crop of MA voters may not be as enamored of JFK’s fabricated deity as those decrepit seniors and just might be ready to let go of that fantasy and finally let that whoring, second-rate dead president rest in peace.

SKYFOX on January 14, 2010 at 8:56 AM

I must say that these libs have an obsession with teabagging. Hey Chuckie, call Barney Frank, he’ll fix you up. Or maybe Chris Matthews or Olbermann, they talk about teabagging adnauseam.

Wills on January 14, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I know it’s not nice, but I’m still not exactly sure what that terms means, and I don’t need to know. It is derogatory I’m sure. Did you notice how ChuckU was very careful not to call it Ted’s seat in the email. They learn quickly about some things.

Kissmygrits on January 14, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I’m sick of the left playing innocent with this “teabagger” crap. Liberals are known to throw a hissy fit at even the slightest notion that someone’s use of language could be perceived as an offense to someone, even if it’s quite innocent. But the word “teabagger” isn’t even used innocently, it’s a deliberate and conscious insult made unambiguously.

Yet they claim that they’re using the word with non-offensive connotations and that it’s not their fault that teabagging has a sexual meaning. Horsesh!t – if for example they had a movement called, hypothetically, the “Hook” movement – and we insisted on referring to them as “Hookers” – they’d chew their underwear to shreds whining about it.

Hypocritical, childish @ssholes.

Sharke on January 14, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Yesterday I refered to Scott Brown as a Major in the Massachusetts National Guard. I don’t know where I saw that title, but it was obviously an old article. My apologies to Lt. Colonel Scott Brown. And Thank You Sir for your service to your country.

ronnyraygun on January 14, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I am glad SLIMER cleared this up. Now everyone knows who to vote for. Everyone with a vote and hope for the future must vote for Scott Brown!

SgtRed on January 14, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Tea-bagging is a term used by gays to describe one of their sexual acts.

Not sure what this means, since I’m not gay, but are they trying to label Scott Brown as a nut job?

But, dear voters of MassachusettEs, read your history books about the original Tea PARTY in Boston, when Patriots didn’t play football.

Steve Z on January 14, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Chuckles thought he was filling a job application for Dingy Hary’s position when he wrote this piece of crap!

huskerdiva on January 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM

“Tea-bagger.” Now being used by U.S. Senators.

… and they wonder why Americans don’t trust the “educated class”

J_Crater on January 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Another example why dueling should never have been outlawed.

T J Green on January 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I am a resident of Massachusetts. I’ve never voted for a Kennedy , or the other JFK (Kerry). I will be voting for Lt.Colonel Brown next Tuesday.

This will be the start of another Boston Tea Party.

Tea anyone?

D84 on January 14, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Again .. the politics of fear

J_Crater on January 14, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I am a native New Yorker born and bred and its elected officials are a constant embarassment to me. That said, who gives a rat’s patootie what Schumer thinks?

NavyMustang on January 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM

***
The classless “democRAT” / liberal / socialist / statist / marxist / communist Schmucky Schumer uses a gay smear against a far better man than he is.
***
When the law is on your side–pound on the law. When the facts are on your side–pound on the facts. When neither is on your side–pound on the table!
***
Or slime the opponent.
***
John Bibb
***

rocketman on January 14, 2010 at 12:13 PM

The left sure does love that “tea bag” reference. Solidarity with Anderson Cooper homosexuals or unbridled lust?
LOL!

Roy Rogers on January 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM

We call that people’s intervention. And Best Irony of 2010.

Sir Napsalot on January 14, 2010 at 12:48 PM

When I read about MA politics and RI too for that matter, this is what crosses my mind nearly every time. Pols in these states seem to see the middle classes in both those states as a great big slush fund. They pass legislation and add fees whenever they need to for various nefarious, self serving reasons. But…they are careful not to offend or exploit too much all at once lest they cause this demographic to do more than grumble and forget. Rule number one: Space out the damage so they might not notice and Rule number two: Make them all feel as if they have a piece of the pie however small or imaginary this might be. Is this where our country is heading? Do we want this if it is? I certainly don’t.

jeanie on January 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Wills on January 14, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Kudos to Wills! I was stuck in a seminar and did not see Wills earlier post.

The funniest thing about this is, the most vocal liberals have the most “teabaggable” look on their faces. They WANT to be “tea bagged”. They NEED to be “tea bagged”. They are practically BEGGING to be “tea bagged”.

Roy Rogers on January 14, 2010 at 6:46 PM

WHAT WOULD REALLY BE FUNNY………

If the Tea Party thing starts being a PLUS in these elections.

I’d love to see Schumer (besides suck an egg) come to the point where he issues a backhanded “I’m a Patriot, similar to what we’ve seen with the Tea Party movement.”

I know delusional but it would be a hoot.

Right before Satan put on his snow boots.

PappyD61 on January 14, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Libs/Marxists/Liars/Socialists/Satanists…you can’t embarass them.

If Hitler were an American what Party would he be most welcome in?

If Mao were in America today what party convention might he give the keynote address?

If Stalin or Lenin or Pol Pot were in the U.S.A. today what party might they be most likely to be a member of?

If Margaret Sanger were still alive spewing her hate, and wanting to destroy the black people from the womb what party would she be in today?

‘Nuff said.

PappyD61 on January 14, 2010 at 7:19 PM

They pulled the video.

njpat on January 14, 2010 at 7:21 PM

“Right-wing tea-bagger”

The Chuckie Schumer’s moral equivalent of Allahpundit’s ‘Sarah Winking’ picture. Chuckie and AP…taunting the rubes since, well, no one remembers when they didn’t.

Knott Buyinit on January 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Here is another copy of the video.

njpat on January 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I have this image in my head of Lt. Colonel Scott Brown standing over the broken and bloodied body of Chuckie Schumer saying, “That’s Mr. Tea Bagger to you little boy.”

ronnyraygun on January 14, 2010 at 7:39 PM