Quotes of the day

posted at 10:35 pm on January 12, 2010 by Allahpundit

“Word from Nashville on Monday was that the First National Tea Party Convention next month will be closed to the press, other than for a limited number of ‘selected’ journalists. No word on who or how many.

“This from the people who brought us last summer’s media-saturated Town Hall meetings…

“If the secrecy sounds a little, well, un-American, Phillips has this explanation: It’s not a political convention, but a ‘working convention.’”

***
“This really is unusual. As a journalist, I’ve been allowed into sessions, dinners, everything at conferences hosted by the Eagle Forum and by Focus on the Family. Extra credit to Eagle Forum here — when I was covering the How to Take Back America Conference in St. Louis, Phyllis Schlafly’s son Andy, an organizer, invited me away from my media seat and into a seat at his dinner table to chat with more activists. And some of the most controversial speakers at the National Tea Party Convention, like Rick Scarborough, happily chatted with me inside and outside of their sessions at previous events.

“One major implication of this, of course, is that for the third time since the presidential election — the first at a speech in China, the second at a speech for a pro-life group in Indiana — Sarah Palin will give a political speech that members of the media are not allowed to attend.”

***
“Let me be blunt: charging people $500.00 plus the costs of travel and lodging to go to a ‘National Tea Party Convention’ run by a for profit group no one has ever heard of sounds as credible as an email from Nigeria promising me a million bucks if I fork over my bank account number…

“The tea party ‘leaders’, if there are any, are actively at work in their home towns changing things one letter to the editor, one contribution to a candidate, and one protest at a time. They are not on bus tours profiting off the hard work and sometimes the names of others (some also on the bus with no pay) headed to Nashville licking their lips at the $500.00 per person payments coming in to their for profit company.

“Sarah Palin is certainly giving the National Tea Party Convention legitimacy. But at what cost? I am fearful this thing will blow up and harm her. I am more fearful that a bunch of well meaning people from across the nation are going to show up, expect more, and then grow disaffected or burn out when the deliverables they expect do not come in.”

***
“‘I’m hearing through sources Sarah Palin is getting $75k to speak at this Tea Party convention,’ blogger Dan Riehl, an admirer of Palin and of the tea partyers, wrote recently after learning that she was charging a substantial fee. ‘That’s a lot of damned tea.’…

“‘She thinks she’s coming to endorse the tea party movement, but most tea party people won’t be there because they can’t afford it,’ said Anthony Shreeve, an East Tennessee tea party organizer who quit the convention’s steering committee. ‘The tea party movement is a grass-roots movement; it’s not a business,’ he said.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Wah.Wah.wah. Seriously.

theTarCzar on January 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Egg on a lot of faces tonight, as Palin says she isn’t profiting from her speech.

BPD on January 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Good, we need to start controlling the message for once!

conservnut on January 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Dan Riehl should be happy that she will not make a dime on her speech!!!

deidre on January 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM

‘That’s a lot of damned tea.’…

As long as its decaffeinated, your precious hearts will be fine.

SouthernGent on January 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM

She’s also not accepting a fee from her SRLC speech, either.

Enoxo on January 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Hey, how bout putting this bloodhound on the closed door health care “negotiations”.

David2.0 on January 12, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I don’t see why that Washington Independent guy wants access to a private citizen’s meeting. By the way, I don’t hear him complain about Obama’s private fundraisers.

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 10:40 PM

When 400+ comments in a headlines thread just isn’t enough, pass go and hope for a repeat.

Bishop on January 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM

She’s only doing this to get rich. She says she’s not going to take the money but how do we know that? Is she going to provide proof that she’s giving it away? She doesn’t care about all of you only the money.
/crazy lefties.

Brat4life on January 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM

David2.0 on January 12, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Exactly! Where is the outrage at that?

conservnut on January 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM

By all means…

Let ’60 Minutes’ in, edit the event down to 5 seconds, then spend the next year spinning it away.

Better yet, let John McCain’s campaign staff into the room.

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM

David2.0 on January 12, 2010 at 10:40 PM

AMAZING point! Palin should point this out….BURN!!!

deidre on January 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Why does the media connect the Tea Parties to Town Halls? The Town Halls are put on by members of Congress in their districts. If anything the Town Halls were populated with union members at the request of the sponsoring Member.

Cindy Munford on January 12, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Yeah really.How about a thread about Obama fundraisers/allies code pink advertising on the “muslim brotherhood” website asking them to come “cleanse america”?

theTarCzar on January 12, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Meanwhile, Martha Coakley just raised $500,000 from big pharma and DC lobbyists — but yes let’s focus on Palin and a speech in freaking middle Tennessee months from now.

picklesgap on January 12, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Sarah
======
Country first,
Duty and Honour second,
Family and Politics third!!

canopfor on January 12, 2010 at 10:44 PM

So a for profit organization is charging people $500,00 to hear her speak. Anybody paying this five hundred bucks think to ask where that money is going?

lowandslow on January 12, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Just rename the joint AllahPundit’s Palin Passion Pit.

Stephen M on January 12, 2010 at 10:46 PM

I don’t think that the Republicans or the Tea party crowd have a sugar daddy like George boy S#$@#%^

david kumbera on January 12, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Boom! Taste my Tetley.

LibTired on January 12, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I was working with the Colorado state GOP ahead of the 2004 GOP Convention. I can tell you that each ticket we purchased for the convention cost a hell of lot more than $500. Of course, these are paid for by the state party or other party apparatus and then given to attendees. But the cost is still much higher $500.

Of course, if Romney/Pawlenty/Daniels or some other snoozer was the key note speaker at this convention; people wouldn’t show up even if they were paid $500.

Norwegian on January 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

From libtard commenter on StarTibune Blog …..

Please, repubs, nominate Palin in 2012 and you’ll guarantee yourselves a 20 pt loss no matter how badly Obama screws up.

posted by Zombiehunter on Jan 11, 10 at 9:00 pm

Even the libs know exactly how pitiful Obama is performing. They’re admitting in writing now.

fogw on January 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Really, on the heels of Palin joining Fox where she’ll hold forth quite publicly the handwringing (mostly feigned) over this subject looks even more silly than it did to begin with.

KittyLowrey on January 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Hmmmmm….I thought Sarah was a nothing in national politics.
Guess I was wrong, eh?

To paraphrase a semi-famous reverend (small ‘r’ intended): “God Dammmmmmmmmn America(n media, as they are the lowest douchebags in the modern world).

HAnthonyWayne on January 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

she is right…

no matter what she does, someone always complains

alexraye on January 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM

fogw on January 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

it’s sad that they would rather have the country go down the pits than try and elect someone who has other policy ideas to fix what is wrong with the country.

deidre on January 12, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Since when are the financially secure not allowed to be in the “grass roots”? If the rich are down with taking it to the streets, then why the hell not?

abobo on January 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Are these the same media outlets that praise the Obama Administration for their transparency.

d1carter on January 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Boom! Taste my Tetley.

LibTired on January 12, 2010 at 10:49 PM

LibTired: With that,tea bags in hand,I`m off to
brew a cup!:)

canopfor on January 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Wow, this is a real scandal, or something.

Kensington on January 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM

“C-SPAN”

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM

So she’s not making a dime from the Tea Party Convention. Now can all the haters and doubters shut their holes about Palin being a sellout or a phony?

Doughboy on January 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM

she is right…

no matter what she does, someone always complains

alexraye on January 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM

alexraye: If its Democrats,its ‘Manufactured’!

canopfor on January 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Well maybe the media shouldn’t have butchered her.

John the Libertarian on January 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Sarah is great, she always tells it like it is. I especially appreciate her obvious love, pride and concern for America. I still believe she’ll run in 2012. If she does I think she’ll be elected.

beachgirlusa on January 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM

HillBuzz offers words of warning about this convention:

pearson on January 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM

“Word from Nashville on Monday was that the First National Tea Party Convention next month will be closed to the press, other than for a limited number of ’selected’ journalists. No word on who or how many.

I love it, tit for tat. This is our party, and some of you aren’t invited.

Hog Wild on January 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Norwegian on January 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

That’s fine, the money was going to the Colorado GOP. And I don’t care if this convention fee went to pay Palin or other speakers. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. What I’m saying is, what is the National Tea Party Convention going to do with the proceeds raised from this fee? To those of you paying that, don’t you wonder also? I would.

lowandslow on January 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM

posted by Zombiehunter on Jan 11, 10 at 9:00 pm

fogw on January 12, 2010 at 10:50 PM

fogw: The KOOL-AID,is running out!!:)

canopfor on January 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM

she is right…

no matter what she does, someone always complains

alexraye on January 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Even if she does not do something someone else complains.

tjexcite on January 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM

i wish she’d start poking fun at barack by using his phrases

“let me be clear”

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Palin will use the money from the speech there for her PAC I presume.
Good. I don’t think anyone is begrudging her for earning money. Heck, if they pay her $500,000 to speak, I don’t mind.

The problem is the event itself. Who are the people behind the event and what is their motivation?
Sarah is speaking for a worthy cause. Brava to her, as well as Michele Bachmann.

While on topic of the Tea Party Convention, why is Martha Blackburn, that “conservative” congresswoman from Tennessee going to the convention? She was one of 20 congress people in that all expense paid trip to Copenhagen. Using tax payer money for her vacation to Europe. There was nothing in that trip that suggests she, Pelosi, or any other member were doing anything substantive.
Even Senator Jim Hoft called them all out.

cubachi on January 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM

How much did those people pay to be around Ms. Coakley tonight.

Cindy Munford on January 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Has no one ever been to a conference of any kind before? $500 is a pretty middling price. When I go to a conference for work, I don’t wonder where they $$$ goes. If I learn some valuable things to take back to my job and make some useful connections, it’s money well spent. What the organizers do with it is their business provided it’s not illegal.

Besides which, I would think this is the sort of thing where local tea party groups would pool their money and send a representative from their organization. Then that person comes back and shares the tips and strategies they’ve learned at the conference. It’s not like a rock concert or something (although tickets to those are pretty steep these days as well).

NoLeftTurn on January 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM

i wish she’d start poking fun at barack by using his phrases

“let me be clear”

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I think she should release a statement, something like this.

“Let me be clear, I am inviting C-SPAN to every speech I will be giving in 2010.”

and she should actually do it!!!

deidre on January 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM

and she should actually do it!!!

deidre on January 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM

she could be a walking talking pwn machine

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:03 PM

HillBuzz offers words of warning about this convention:

pearson on January 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM

That was interesting. I’ve been working under the assumption that the caliber of the speakers was an indication of legitimacy. That assumption may have been wrong.

ElectricPhase on January 12, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I thought she implied the fee would be paid to SarhPac, not directly to her.

huckleberryfriend on January 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I don’t consider myself a die hard Republican, as a matter of fact I just changed my voting status so I can vote in the primary. I have enjoyed the tea parties I have attended but I would not embrace a third party. We have all the idiots I can keep up with in two parties.

Cindy Munford on January 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Well maybe the media shouldn’t have butchered her.

John the Libertarian on January 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM

What he said!

thomasaur on January 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Bishop on January 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM

This ain’t no pansy ass blogspot site. This is Hot Air. Hardcore, man.

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM

she could be a walking talking pwn machine

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Yes, yes she could. it would be GREAT!

deidre on January 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM

she could be a walking talking pwn machine

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Phonetically speaking, could you rephrase that?

OldEnglish on January 12, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I think she should release a statement, something like this.

deidre on January 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM

or,

“Let me be clear, I will never apologize for the United States of America.”

Zing!

fogw on January 12, 2010 at 11:08 PM

This has the feel of an unforced error.

Transparency is the issue with this event and in health care debate, so why not let all media in to “heighten the contradiction’, as my old Comrades would say.

Also, the more cameras, the less chance for Steve Schmidt-style smearjobs.

Bruno Strozek on January 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Phonetically speaking, could you rephrase that?

OldEnglish on January 12, 2010 at 11:08 PM

huh?
sorry im tired and very sick my comprehension is low

come again?

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM

fogw on January 12, 2010 at 11:08 PM

“Let me be clear, I will not send money over to Brazil to drill for oil, I will drill for oil here and create jobs for Americans.”

deidre on January 12, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Why is the media not so concerned about the money spent sending politicians, and their families to Copenhagen on the tax payers dime, in the middle of massive unemployment, a crumbling economy, and debts, and deficits so high, our children might as well get leg irons with their coming slavery?

capejasmine on January 12, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Cindy Munford on January 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I don’t either, and I think most people are wise enough to recognize this fact, ergo why a third party has never taken hold in any meaningful way in this country. Every now and then you have a Ross Perot, or a Bull Moose Party emerges, but it’s always fleeting. And I think the big names at this event — Palin and Bachmann, namely — recognize this fact and are not about to encourage the formation of a third party. To the contrary, they are about taking back the GOP. If the organizers think that by having them there that it will launch an official third party movement, they are mistaken.

I frequently vote Libertarian to “send a message” as Hillbuzz puts it, but only where it’s a foregone conclusion my vote isn’t going to count anyway. Like in the primary last year. It was a pointless exercise here: Huck and Hillary were going to win by a landslide no matter what. So I voted for the L. Similarly when I lived in NYC, where registered Republicans are outnumbered 5-1, I occasionally voted for the Libertarian or Conservative candidate. I mean, we had freaking members of the Communist Party of America on the ballot in my district. There was no way any Republican was winning on the Upper West Side.

NoLeftTurn on January 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM

blatantblue

I hope you feel better soon.

beachgirlusa on January 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM

NoLeftTurn on January 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM

…except that the Tea Party movement is supposed to be a grassroots movement. I’m not saying Sarah shouldn’t be trying to make money, or that there’s anything wrong with doing so. However, the Tea Parties didn’t have admission prices. They were citizens of all shapes and sizes and political persuasions exercising their right to freely assemble. This, combined with closing the doors to the media(though I wouldn’t let them in, either, unless they paid their entry fee), just leaves a nasty aftertaste about the whole debacle.

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM

The Tea Party Convention is the new Bohemian Grove…

ninjapirate on January 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM

This ain’t no pansy ass blogspot site. This is Hot Air. Hardcore, man.

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM

You are right! I have about 1,000 words to add to this…

(wait a minute)

Oh, My , GAAAWWWWDDDDDD!!!!!

AMERICAN IDOL IS ON!!!

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM

lowandslow on January 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Believe me, the cost of a convention like this is more than $500 per delegate. There is no “profit” to speak of.
And unlike the established political parties, the Tea Party gets no federal funding and have no national support network. The GOP and the Dems each get something in the neighborhood of $15M in federal funds just to hold their convention. And that is not even counting money spent by state and local party organizations.

I know my local Tea Party organization is sending 2 delegates. We wanted to send more, but the event is already sold out: http://www.nationalteapartyconvention.com/
It is organized by Tea Party Nation, an umbrella organization for various local Tea Parties.

Norwegian on January 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM

jeebus, allahpoundit is still runnning wih the Dems’ ‘ticket price meme,’ even after Sarah explains she is donating her take. Next thing you know, he’ll call her a birther. Guess that’s tomorrows Palin troll thread.

james23 on January 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM

come again?

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Try saying it out loud. (I’d rather not type it).

OldEnglish on January 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Well maybe the media shouldn’t have butchered her.

John the Libertarian on January 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM

That’s the only reason they want to attend anyway. Which she knows quite well.

ddrintn on January 12, 2010 at 11:15 PM

hmmm
i said it outloud

gahh im dense sometimes

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Are you happy now? Because of cavillers like you, she is foregoing her earned fees. Happy?

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:20 PM

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Thanks.

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Bruno Strozek on January 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM

So far, the argument has been “the convention is a private event, no transparency needed”.

In other words, a double standard. Some suggest we hold ourselves to the standard we demand of them. Others say “screw it, they’re gonna cheat, we’ll cheat, too”.

Not a fan of the latter attitude, myself.

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:21 PM

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Mediocre.

Americannodash on January 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Thanks.

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:21 PM

for what

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I get what you’re saying, and I respect your POV. I’m just not particularly concerned by it. It costs money to go to CPAC, yes? To SRLC? Where does that $$$ go — do we know? I’ve never investigated it so I don’t know. But there are expenses involved in putting on a shindig like this. I’ve organized some events in my day; the tab runs up pretty quickly. It doesn’t appear the Tea Party Nation has any corporate sponsors to help defray costs.

I don’t know . . . maybe it’s all shady, maybe I’m wrong. But my position is and remains that if I were to attend this thing and come away with it with some new contacts in the movement and some new ideas for how we can become more effective on the local level, then I would feel like I’d spent my money wisely. Just because something is grassroots doesn’t mean it’s free.

NoLeftTurn on January 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Conglomerating the grassroots tea party movement into a gathering that costs five bills isn’t a triviality.

And as I said, I didn’t give a damn if she forewent her fees or not. I thought anyone making fees more than expenses for something that rose out of a grassroots movement was a stupid thing to begin with.

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Mediocre.

Americannodash on January 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Go back to your responses in the headlines comment. They were more entertaining.

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Let’s compare with NutrootsNation:

they have a tiered approach (base ticket 250)…ie benefactors (800) subsidize the little people.

These things are expensive…perhaps the Tea Party convention is making money..or maybe not

Maybe the KosNation gets lots and lots of Benefactor $$$$ from lots and lots of Rich Libs…maybe they make tons of money for dailyKos.

r keller on January 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Did she really say that she wasn’t going to take the money? Or did she say that she’s going to turn it around and use it to support campaigns and issues? Is she saying that she wants the Tea Party people to have that money to spend, or does she want SarahPAC to have that money to spend?

Dan Minardi on January 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

the word grassroots always makes me thing of weed, anyway

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

NoLeftTurn on January 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM

To clarify, I never objected to collecting admission for the price of the costs. It just shouldn’t have been a profit-making event for those who are going to profit politically from it.

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

NoLeftTurn on January 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM

These are not honest critics. Fact is CPAC and their likes are freaked out by her decision not to attend and probable decision to endorse the tea party and they’re using these trolls to gin up manufactured controversy. Do we know where the money for CPAC goes to btw?

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:28 PM

the word grassroots always makes me thing of weed, anyway

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Dirt weed?

thomasaur on January 12, 2010 at 11:28 PM

It looks to me like something from the 21st Century “Art of War”. The media destroyed any chances of her targetting the “Old Boy’s Network” from within, at least she can clue us in on the oversight of it and maybe destroy it from without. She was always saddled with the Presidential burdens of office and she was running as VP.
I am curious to see if the media says a Governor with a degree in journalism is qualified to be a journalist.

KZnextzone on January 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM

lowandslow on January 12, 2010 at 10:45 PM

How much does it cost to go to CPAC? Where does that money go?

To be honest, I think this is Palin poking her finger in the eye of the Establishment again. Maybe it’s clumsy and ill-advised, but I think that’s what it is.

ddrintn on January 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

So you are against profit motive? Very nice.

I am also tried of seeing Romney supporters using this she’s-doing-this to-make-money shtick on her. She doesn’t have his millions to burn. She needs to make a lot of money just to keep herself out of the nonsense lawsuits.

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:28 PM

its a 25 dollar registry fee for CPAC.

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:22 PM

For your honest admission.

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM

It takes more than that if you want to attend their special seminars and stay in the hotel etc.

The money for tea party thing is for the whole enchilada.

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:34 PM

With all due respect to the few hard working professional reporters out there that actually do a good job, the journalism profession hasnt actually acquitted itself in an honorable fashion over the past few years. So when a group like the Tea Party convention decides to lock them out of their event they have only themselves and their ideologically biased reporting to blame.

As for all those whinging about the Tea Party convention I get the distinct impression that those who are kicking up the biggest fuss about it seem to be the ones who were skeptical about the whole tea party movement to begin with and seem more interested in trying to co-opt the movement into the GOP. Besides from what I hear the event has already sold out so all of the whining about is little more than hot air now and all we can do is wait and see how it turns out. Besides like anything where Sarah Palin is involved there is always controversy being drummed up by her detractors and I’m sure as usual when it comes to Palin it will be a spectacular success for her and once again the punditry will be proved wrong like they always are when it comes to the former Governor from Alaska.

Hellrider on January 12, 2010 at 11:35 PM

…I…can’t…figure out…what the issue is…here. Gotta’ be sumthin’…err other…

Lourdes on January 12, 2010 at 11:35 PM

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:34 PM

25 bucks to get a pass to see mostly everything

ill be sleeping on a friends floor at the omni shoreham

i sleep on the floor on the omni shoreham over a bed at a regular hotel any day

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:36 PM

if anyone has an interest in the facts about CPAC Convention (tiered just like KosNation)

r keller on January 12, 2010 at 11:37 PM

So you are against profit motive? Very nice.

In this case, yes. One can be a conservative and still find the motive for profit to be morally wrong.

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Not a Romney supporter, never have been.

I also don’t give a damn about CPAC, by the way. My bigger beef is with the invite-only approach towards the media, which doesn’t seem to be Palin’s doing(though a number of her acolytes seem to see it as a rallying cry).

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:37 PM

promachus on January 12, 2010 at 11:28 PM

its a 25 dollar registry fee for CPAC.

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Hmmm…that sounds like student admission. $750 for the whole kit and kaboodle.

ddrintn on January 12, 2010 at 11:38 PM

hmmm
i said it outloud

gahh im dense sometimes

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM

blantantblue: At times,its okay to be thick as a brick!!:)

canopfor on January 12, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Dan Minardi on January 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

What she said tonight on the O’Reilly interview/meet (on Fox, 01/12/19) was that she was ‘going to turn that money around and put it into (candidates and races she supports)’…

O’Reilly enthused that she had a family to support, nothing at all wrong with her keeping what she’s earning (which I agree with).

I don’t understand the objections here. She was offered a fee for a speaking engagement (so obviously she’s worth what they’re paying to those who are paying her), I just don’t see any issue here.

And the privacy of this meeting is respectable as it is also no one else’s business. Really, when did the U.S. become a “no private meetings ever” nation?

Again, I just don’t get the issue here or what is bugging people.

Lourdes on January 12, 2010 at 11:39 PM

the student admission got me mostly everything except the super fancy sh!t last year

but who wants that anyway?

i liked CPAC, but i dont wanna go to the special events and brown nose all evening

id rather go to the irish pub across the street from the omni shoreham

blatantblue on January 12, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Again, I just don’t get the issue here or what is bugging people.

Lourdes on January 12, 2010 at 11:39 PM

It’s Sarah Palin.

ddrintn on January 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Really, when did the U.S. become a “no private meetings ever” nation?

Lourdes on January 12, 2010 at 11:39 PM

When Barack Obama was campaigning for the presidency. And then the US changed back to private meetings the minute he took office.

MadisonConservative on January 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM