Amazing: Scott Brown about to raise $1 million for the day; Update: Done!

posted at 9:34 pm on January 11, 2010 by Allahpundit

His site’s not loading at the moment, but as of 9:20 ET he was at $984,000 and change. It’s a done deal; he’s about to double his targeted fundraising amount for this push. Mind-blowing.

While we wait for the official numbers, here’s a short but tasty snippet from tonight’s debate with Coakley followed by what Ben Smith describes as a “kitchen sink” attack ad from her camp. The photo of Bush and Cheney is, needless to say, the centerpiece — apparently Coakley brought up Bush at the debate too — but the suggestion that Brown is somehow pro-rape is a nice touch, I thought. Exit question: They’re getting nervous, aren’t they?

Update: He did it.

mil

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8

MAN!! Scott Brown is good looking!!

Elizabetty on January 12, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Elizabetty. LOL…I was going to say the same thing. Not only do I like what he says..He looks Good!

bridgetown on January 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM

TheBigOldDog on January 12, 2010 at 8:55 AM

I saw that too. And they keep running it every commercial break (NECN) w/o fixing it. Can you imagine the number of people who signed off on this and not one of them noticed?
What a bunch of maroons!

plum on January 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Normally, I would chalk this up to outsiders. But I suggest that most of the people working on these projects would spell Massachusetts as “MA” or “Mass”. Even the “smart One” is prone to calling it Massatoosits!

Brown’s supporters (not Brown) can jump on this and ask how anyone can take this ad seriously! If Coakley (she’s ultimately responsible) can’t spell Massachusetts, surely she can misplace a decimal point or two.

singer on January 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM

New Brown ad.

Ouch. Love it.

katy on January 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I apologize if someone has already stated this, if so it begs repeating…..”Scotties on FIRE”.

PappaMac on January 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Coakley’s attack ad spells the name of the state “Massachusettes.”

Coakley’s page

Screencap

poplicola on January 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM

1.3 Million. How is that for a money-bomb in a state race?

Holger on January 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Reminiscent of an old South Park episode…

Scott Brown hates kids. You’re not against kids…..

…….are you?

/shows nuclear blast, then skeleton of the kids

CatsGodot on January 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

The people of Massachusetts dutifully voted for a drunk murderer until he finally croaked.

No amount of money in the world will keep them from voting for their Democrats. It’s family.

jay12 on January 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Is this the beginning of the apocolypse? A Republican Senator from MA and swimming pools freezing over in the deep south.

PappaMac on January 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM

PappaMac on January 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Heh.

ladyingray on January 12, 2010 at 11:24 AM

swimming pools freezing over in the deep south.

PappaMac on January 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Fimbul Winter. Ragnarok soon to follow.

Holger on January 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM

GOD…this keeps getting better and better…From Scott Ott via Instapundit

Sen. Harry Reid, in an effort to increase the popularity of the imperiled health care reform bill, on Monday added a provision requiring insurance companies to pay 100 percent of the cost of treatments intended to lighten the skin of African-Americans.

lukespapa on January 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM

MAN!! Scott Brown is good looking!!

Elizabetty on January 12, 2010 at 10:51 AM

He has light skin and no Massachusetts dialect.

pedestrian on January 12, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Scott Brown: With All Due Respect, It’s Not the Kennedy Seat, It’s the People’s Seat

“Ms. Coakley, you can run against Bush-Cheney all you want, but I’m Scott Brown,” he said. “I live in Wrentham. I drive a truck. And, yes, it has 200,000 miles on it now. You’re not running against them. You’re running against me.”

DOUBLE FREAKING WHAMMY!!!

lovingmyUSA on January 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM

See Brown smack down Gergen . It isn’t Kennedy’s seat . Could even you pay some one to serve that up ?
I am sending dough today .
I ain’t payin for no landslide .

borntoraisehogs on January 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Just when MA politicians seemed to have sunk their lowest, they manage to find even deeper levels of politcal corruption. I’m referring to their plan to delay Brown’s seating in the Senate should he win. Do the voters of MA notice this or don’t they care?

jeanie on January 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Even better…RUSH is talking about it now!

lukespapa on January 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Greta VanSusteren Interviews MA senator hopeful Scott Brown – January 11th 2010

lovingmyUSA on January 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Great line but utterly missed opporunity to shove the question back down Gergen’s oleaginous throat. In this one question was wrapped every media lie, bias, contemptible condescension of our time, and Brown skated past them all.

rrpjr on January 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Just saw a funny quote on YouTube of Scott’s newest ad… “Elect Brown and hear Teddy Kennedy screaming from hell.”

behiker on January 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM

This video has been removed by the user

On the second vid there.

Looks like someone finally noticed the misspelled state name!

wearyman on January 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM

MAN!! Scott Brown is good looking!!

Elizabetty on January 12, 2010 at 10:51 AM

We were talking about that last night…

newton on January 12, 2010 at 12:41 PM

MAN!! Scott Brown is good looking!!

His smackdown of entrenched nepotism was fantastic! The pickup truck line-priceless. That they came from someone so handsome, even better. Man, first Rubio, now him. The Republican party is looking hotter by the minute

kit9 on January 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Woopsie, wrongly applied quote tag in above post. Top line is quote, bottom para, mine. I really hope Brown cuts an ad quick using the pickup line. Freaking awesome.

kit9 on January 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Good looking, well spoken and clean. Joe Biden’s dream candidate. This guy is awesome….I really didn’t know people like that existed in MA. Never saw one when I was there!!

ihasurnominashun on January 12, 2010 at 12:55 PM

They’re going to need layers and polling place watchers to prevent fraud on election day just like was done in NJ for Christie.

JeffVader on January 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Oh, hell no. Brown posed nude in Cosmo? Ugh, I really wish I didn’t learn that. I’m just going to block it out. There, it’s gone.

kit9 on January 12, 2010 at 1:18 PM

JeffVader on January 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Excellent point. I can’t bring myself to conclude that MA will replace Kennedy with Brown. But if they do it could mean that much of MA’s blueness was simple loyalty to the Kennedy’s who were martyrs for America and not because the state is really so blue.

I have always thought that Kennedy loyalty is what keeps many conservative living “liberals” in the Democratic Party. Especially the senior citizens.

petunia on January 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM

DOUBLE FREAKING WHAMMY!!!

lovingmyUSA on January 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Wish I could see these vids. That is a pretty sweet comeback.
Too bad there isn’t enough of this from the GOP as a whole.
We need some alpha males, not the current bunch of PW beta males we’ve got now.

Badger40 on January 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM

We need some alpha males, not the current bunch of PW beta males we’ve got now.

Badger40 on January 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM

And Brown is the hunkiest alpha male around!!!

lovingmyUSA on January 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Someone, somewhere, last night, called it “the shot heard ’round the world!”
lovingmyUSA on January 12, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I heard it and I hope the Dems and Mass. heard it too!

yoda on January 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM

WOW! He actually got to a million. Amazing! Actually $1.3m!

Not sure if he can win, but it’s gonna be interesting.

MrX on January 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM

DOUBLE FREAKING WHAMMY!!!

lovingmyUSA on January 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM

When I heard this replay today I almost choked because Wrentham is the town I grew up in and where all my family still lives. I had no idea the guy lived there – wow. However, he did not grow up there because I would have known him. That is how small the town is. I’m sure members of my family know Brown. Hmmm . . . I guess it is time to call them to catch up on things and see if their voting for Brown!

KickandSwimMom on January 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I just have to say that Scott Brown is sexy as hell. Tall, good looking and smart. Yummy! I know it’s shallow but, who cares? He’s hot!

milwife88 on January 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM

“It’s the people’s seat.”

YES! I love this guy!

Urban Infidel on January 12, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Ok ladies, some gents…Scott Brown in all his nude 1980′s cheesetastic glory….

kit9 on January 12, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Just donated. I figure better late than never!

EyeSurgeon on January 12, 2010 at 7:05 PM

rrpjr on January 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I have a different perspective. I’ve listened to some of his TV interviews, and Brown appears to be a principled, polite politician. His response to Gergen was measured and direct, and I think his calm demeanor will be a plus in winning over undecideds/Independents.

Red State State of Mind on January 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM

A Scott Brown victory would be absolutely sweetBrown Sugar!

ReagansRight on January 12, 2010 at 8:24 PM

1.3M RAISED

Thank GOD now get out the vote. To all the long suffering people of Massachusetts who stopped voting years ago because the rats owned every vote, get out and vote.
Then run Kerry’s butt out next!

JohnD9207 on January 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

If he gets elected it will be known as the Beefcake Seat.

Holger on January 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

When is the MSM going to have a rapturous story about Scott Brown’s internet-driven fundraising????

*Crickets*

PattyJ on January 13, 2010 at 11:55 AM

It just cracks me up that the GOP establishment is trying SO HARD to convince the TEA party folks that this neocon is one of them. The real TEA party knows who their candidate is.

And if you’re a conservative donating to a neocon like Brown then I’m laughing my ass off at you for buying the GOP establishment bullshit.

popularpeoplesfront on January 13, 2010 at 3:51 PM