Video: Cafferty blows stack at Obama, Pelosi over ObamaCare secrecy

posted at 2:55 pm on January 7, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

I guess Jack Cafferty has stopped feeling the Hope and Change, huh? Via the Anchoress and Instapundit, we have Cafferty blowing his stack at Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and just about every Democrat in Congress over the decision to put a bill together in secret — er, excuse me, replace a conference committee with “informal negotiations.” In fact, Cafferty accuses Obama of telling lies “just to get elected,” which seems somehow like a watershed moment in media coverage from CNN, at least:

How dare they? President Obama, Democratic leaders have decided to bypass a formal House and Senate conference committee in order to reconcile those two health care bills. Instead, White House and Democratic leaders will hold informal — that’s another word for secret — negotiations, meant to shut Republicans and the public out of the process.

What a far cry from the election, when then candidate Obama pledged to — quote — “broadcast health care negotiations on C-SPAN, so that the American people can see what the choices are” — unquote.

President Obama hasn’t even made a token effort to keep his campaign promises of more openness and transparency in government. It was all just another lie that was told in order to get elected. The head of C-SPAN wrote a letter, asked Congress to — quote — “open all the important negotiations, including any conference committee meetings, to electronic media coverage” — unquote. When White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs was asked whether the administration would support televising the negotiations, he refused to answer, instead mumbling something about, well, I haven’t seen the letter.

That wasn’t the question, Mr. Gibbs. You either support openness or you don’t. The Democrats insist this is all on the up-and-up, with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying — quote — “There’s never been a more open process for any legislation.” — unquote.

Really? This is the same Nancy Pelosi who you may recall, after becoming speaker in 2006, promised the Democrats would have — quote — “the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history” — unquote.

Here’s hoping the voters remember some of this crap when the midterm elections roll around later this year.

A CNN commentator cheerleading Republican victory in the midterms? Jack Cafferty calling Barack Obama a liar on national TV? Are cats and dogs raining from the sky today?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm
Barack Hussein Obama
He said transparency is nigh
and now you realize he lied
Barack Hussein Obama
Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm

Looked up “Useful Idiot” in the Urban Dictionary and saw Jack Cafferty’s picture.

Roy Rogers on January 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM

His office made sure I was from Nebraska and then asked my zip code twice and made sure they had my phone number. Sounds like we’ve had some help from our good friends from out of state.

yoda on January 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Call Nebraska you must. Tell them you are Yoda you will.

backwoods conservative on January 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM

yoda on January 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Sen. Johanns’ staff always get my address, as well. And then I always receive a very nice letter from him explaining his position on the issue at hand, which has aligned perfectly with my position every time I have called his office.
Sen. Judas Iscariot Nelson, not so much. Those poor kids usually want to get me off the phone ASAP.

OmahaConservative on January 7, 2010 at 5:04 PM

These liberals that are complaining about Obambi voted for him.

Losers …

But this should be the least of this guy’s worries seeing that historically liberals (marxists, socialists, commies) kill people; not just hold secret meetings.

As to their voting for Obambi, how do you “Feel” now?

Do you “Feel” good for voting based on skin color?

father on January 7, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Cafferty will be getting a fish!

joedoe on January 7, 2010 at 5:10 PM

OmahaConservative on January 7, 2010 at 5:04 PM

They are pretty young aren’t they? I mentioned the 9 out of 10 people thank Nelson quote to the young lady and asked when his next townhall meeting was and she couldn’t answer.

They try to get me off the phone quickly too…..I bet their phone burn up every day.

yoda on January 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Geez, what’s missing here today?

Hmmm, nothing under the bridge…so where are our cute little HotAir trolls today??

I’ll give a toot on my Troll call and see what happens…

Palin! Palin!

Nope, they don’t seem to be anywhere to be found.
I wonder why……

VelvetElvis on January 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Easy Jack, it’s not like you ran over a childs bike and left the scene of the crime…again.

dthorny on January 7, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I forgot to post my most important point.

It is that just as surely as terrorists will be released by pacifists to fight again on another day; OBAMAcare is here to – let’s say – “Do a number” on all these old people like Caffety.

Old people, Obamacare is coming to get you. And take care of you. Take a pill and Shut the fook up.

——

“But, but, for Rosa Parks sake – I’m glad we have voted someone into office with a dark skin color.”

-I’ve heard this quote

father on January 7, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Geez, what’s missing here today?

I’ll give a toot on my Troll call and see what happens…

Palin! Palin!

Nope, they don’t seem to be anywhere to be found.
I wonder why……

VelvetElvis on January 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM

They are all moving to Detroit…theres no work there.

dthorny on January 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM

The honeymoon is sure the heck over, and someone just served up the divorce papers.

ted c on January 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Welcome to the TEA Party, Jack….now you know how the rest of us feel.

ted c on January 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM

People may be looking at this wrong. Pelosi said that the process was the most open and transparent of any evah. Strictly speaking, the process has been open and transparent. i.e. the process, consisting of:
a) No Republicans involved in the formulation or negotiations
b) Massive bribes via pork for recalcitrant Democrats in order to get their votes (House) or invoke cloture (Senate) with backroom deals for same
c) Massive legal bill that no one has read and no one knows what is in it (same process as TARP and Porkulus)
d) Late night votes with minimal debate
has been very transparent and visible for all to see.

The elements of the bills, the real debates and consideration of impact to Americans’ freedoms and liberties — not so much.

AZfederalist on January 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I’m increasingly skeptical when I see the verb “rips” or “slams” in reference to one media personality or politician speaking of another politicians actions. However, Cafferty genuinely appears upset, misled, and downright angry over this whole affair. This was not a “chide” or a “pushback”, it was a “slam” or a “rip” in the truest sense of the word.

ted c on January 7, 2010 at 5:27 PM

d) Late night votes with minimal debate
has been very transparent and visible for all to see.

AZfederalist on January 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Defined as all the lights on in the room for the six clowns who wrote this mess.

The conservative counteroffensive begins November, 2010.

dthorny on January 7, 2010 at 5:34 PM

yoda on January 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Because she knows he is lying and full of $hit just like you and I. I finally got through to Lincoln.

OmahaConservative on January 7, 2010 at 5:35 PM

The absolute dripping sarcasm in this piece is priceless. I especially like the fact that Cafferty not only “ripped” Obama & Pelosi specifically, but also the Dems in general and gave a slap upside the head to ole Gibbsy!

glennbo on January 7, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I wonder how long Cafferty had to lay off the sauce in order to finally have a moment of clarity? Here’s to hoping it lasts.

PoodleSkirt on January 7, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Are cats and dogs raining from the sky today?
No, but I’m in Iowa right now, and it is freezing over!

cntrlfrk on January 7, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I’m in Des Moines, freezing along with you–2ft of new freaking snow in my drive, and I can’t see across my back yard at times! Good thing I have my whiskey!

Where are you?

lovingmyUSA on January 7, 2010 at 5:47 PM

O/T: Barack The Magnificent has delayed his security speech yet again to 2:30 Central

kingsjester on January 7, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Looking for more way to blame W.

Cindy Munford on January 7, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Delayed the speech so reporters wouldn’t have time to ask questions since they had deadlines to meet…

lovingmyUSA on January 7, 2010 at 5:50 PM

kingsjester on January 7, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Looking for more way to blame W.

Cindy Munford on January 7, 2010 at 3:02 PM

lovingmyUSA on January 7, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Gave him the chance to silence Beck for awhile…

OmahaConservative on January 7, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Hope Cafferty has a resume in at Fox!

shov74 on January 7, 2010 at 5:54 PM

In Obama’s defence, he inherited the lying to get elected from BOOOOOSH!

ronsfi on January 7, 2010 at 5:55 PM

The Liberal mind, coming out of the delusional after-glow of so many contrived fictions, is prone to have manifestations of shock and anger having realized for the first time that the pseudo-Titans of their Utopian pantheon were pathological liars.

Its a moment to savor.

Told ya so.

Geochelone on January 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Geochelone on January 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Bitter sweet since they were largely responsible for the myth in the first place. Now they want to pretend they had nothing to do with it.

ronsfi on January 7, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Cafferty being RAAAAAAACIST?

theflyonthewall on January 7, 2010 at 6:11 PM

The conservative counteroffensive begins November, 2010.

dthorny on January 7, 2010 at 5:34 PM

It had better begin before that. We need good candidates in EVERY STATE!
We need the RNC to fight, fight, fight, in EVERY state not pull a Juan McCain.
I don’t often agree with Dick Morris but this year is unique and just a couple of things and we could take back the HOUSE and SENATE but we need to get the candidates and the support.
The RNC is pulling a McCain in Massatooshits. They are AWOL leaving a patriot to fight on alone, they are pathetic!
I wonder if the RNC would rather have Heathscare as a policy to run on rather than defeat it.
Jackasses!
We will need to drag them along as Sarah tried to with McShame!

dhunter on January 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Oh and we need McShame gone Arizona!
Find a Republican fighter and replace the panderer!

dhunter on January 7, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Know what’s great about this?
The sewers at DailyKos, DU and Huffpo are going to open and Cafferty is going to be up to his neck in Far Left hate mail. Now he’s gonna get a taste of what it’s been like for everyone else who dared to utter a transgression against The One.
This after Cafferty was one of Obama’s biggest cheerleaders in the media, who consistently attacked Obama’s opponents during the election.

OxyCon on January 7, 2010 at 6:31 PM

lovingmyUSA on January 7, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Bingo! You’d think the press would get it.

yoda on January 7, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Hope Cafferty has a resume in at Fox!

shov74 on January 7, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Cafferty is a Toilet Bug and should be a greeter at WalMart.

BigWyo on January 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ranzofola on January 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM

You know, it’s about the light being shined on the darkness. Maybe there is hope after all. Olby saying he wouldn’t pay, Brian Lamb letting the WH have an earful, and now Cafferty. I think it’s all over for BO if old ‘thrill up my leg’ turns against him.

ranzofola on January 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Empathy it was placing a vote for this clown despite the total lack of logic to it. Learn from this and commot no more illogical errors. Now go out an play with your friends.

larvcom on January 7, 2010 at 7:22 PM

He’s still an Ass.

Claypigeon on January 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Better late to the party than a complete no show. I don’t know if this is an aberration or if the scales are coming away from his eyes but it’s welcome all the same.

Mormon Doc on January 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I am glad it happened, surprised as well. I don`t think it will become the norm though. Every once in a while, even the libtards have that pesky stand up to blatant lies feeling sneak out. Now that he has got that out of him he is probably good for another 10 years. I hope I am wrong and they all start going after these lying criminals.

bluemarlin on January 7, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I knew the day was not long in coming when The Token would step on the media’s skirt. He just can’t do that, even if they are all Stalinists at heart. First Maddow, now Jack. Who is next?

I think the media’s fallback will be “We really wanted Hillary” so they can still stay good Democrats. After all, Bill was their guy from the start, as his hijinx came them more ratings than anything this guy has brought them.

leftnomore on January 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Cafferty is a Toilet Bug and should be a greeter at WalMart.

BigWyo on January 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Heh. The guy’s still a dick. I know that much. He should be in jail for running that guy over and driving way. Arrogant piece of sh*t.

NathanG on January 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I think it’s all over for BO if old ‘thrill up my leg’ turns against him.

ranzofola on January 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Not gonna happen that was an all out orgasm and old tingle legs is still gettin big at the thought of the Won!

As far as Cafferty even a stopped clock is right twice a day, he just let it slip!

dhunter on January 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM

About time some of the clueless at CNN started to notice the traitorous actions of the dems.

proconstitution on January 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM

OT slightly

Most Americans oppose tax on sugar, fats:

Just wait until they find out if Obamacare passes that the Dems have taxes on Medical Devices (things people NEED)

How open have the Dems been on the Medical Devices Taxes? Not much.

journeyintothewhirlwind on January 7, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Maybe, in a rare moment of lucency, it dawned on the dude that he lives in the country that Obama is trying to destroy.

justltl on January 7, 2010 at 8:58 PM

CNN’s Jack Cafferty cannot live on KoolAid alone. Welcome to reality, Jack. What took you so long???

Buck up Dems; it’s gonna be a very, very rough election!

TN Mom on January 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Our “president” lies!!!

jgdp on January 7, 2010 at 9:18 PM

NathanG on January 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Well, I don’t know about that, but the old prick spent a whole lot of years spewing the most unhinged bs against the GOP and Bush…

I guess we can conclude he’s a contrary, very unhappy old Ba$tard and he get’s his rocks off by bitc^ing at anything and everything…

He IS a Toilet Bug……

BigWyo on January 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM

So, they let Jack out of detox and he has a sober moment. Good for him. I wish him well on his road to recovery.

Mirimichi on January 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Stunning. Absolutely Unbelievable. I had to watch the video twice before I could even digest it.

It is a true indication of Hope and Change when Jack Cafferty finally can speak on behalf of those who feel nearly disenfranchised by this current government. He speaks quickly and decisively and packs it in for 1:40.

“Here’s hoping the voters remember… ” Thank you Jack Cafferty for your courage to speak the truth and for your commitment to your representative democracy.

tartan on January 7, 2010 at 10:52 PM

There is one bright spot. I know my mother takes what she hears on CNN and MSNBC as the gospel…and there’s a whole gob of people out there that do too…

My mom used to be a rabid conservative, back in the 60′s and 70′s, but she drank deep of the Bill Clinton Kool Aide…And Ogabe is the beat all Savior of the Universe…

To see Cafferty rip The One and the Democrats so viciously…

Maybe I should call her and make sure she’s alright…

BigWyo on January 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Video: Cafferty blows stack at Obama, Pelosi over ObamaCare secrecy

FIFY

Fuquay Steve on January 7, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Sounds like Jack woke up from a three day bender, saw himself on television and realized that he was a farcical clown, attacking the people who are speaking the truth.

Oops.

Jaibones on January 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM

I hear waffles make great ear muffs, too.

Right Barry?

I said RIGHT BARRY!?!

(Must have too much syrup on them.)

profitsbeard on January 8, 2010 at 1:40 AM

After the way Obama treated the media you’d expect this had to come some time.

The media is like the sad dog that comes back to his owner after being beaten with a broom, hopefully soon they get the point and attack back at him.

Rbastid on January 8, 2010 at 2:07 AM

when pigs fly!!!

casador06 on January 8, 2010 at 5:30 AM

Jack Cafferty although a liberal, has been an honest one. I don’t agree much with him, besides this, but he dose have passion for his ideals. I can respect that.

Ed Laskie on January 8, 2010 at 7:35 AM

this bag of shxt cafferty makes me want to hurl

the very LAST day I watched CNN was the day this uberschmuck compared the people voting for HRC in the ‘rust belt’ to Al Qaeda recruits

ginaswo on January 8, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Quote of the year! He actually said “crap”.

milwife88 on January 7, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Agreed. That was brutal but brutally honest and it needed to be said.

Yakko77 on January 8, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I’ll never trust Cafferty, but suddenly I don’t dislike him quite so much…Wha – what am I saying??? Oh, I’m so confused.

Mr. Grump on January 8, 2010 at 11:40 AM

I love this clip.

Sorax on January 8, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Don’t you guys get it? The RNC isn’t going to do anything to get Republicans elected other than to make a few token efforts, if that (think what’s happening in the Senate race in Massachusetts and also about all the instances of gross incompentence and lackluster support given to Republican Candidates everywhere).

How do I know the fix is in for the Democrats the next election?

Shhhhh! It’s a big secret! Their Manchurian Operative, stealthily planted amongs the ranks of the RNC many many years ago, has since risen to the top and now heads the RNC.

Mahdi on January 8, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Well… ya’ gotta’ give credit where credit is due. I still don’t like him, but he’s created the possibility of me changing my mind… someday.

ronnyraygun on January 8, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Cafferty is a perfect example of what happens when a follower of a charismatic leader finally wakes up and smells the coffee. To misquote, “Hell hath no fury like a journalist scorned”. To a follower, the object of their adoration can do no wrong. Then, when reality gives them a wet smack in the face, their Messiah becomes the devil incarnate. There is no middle ground with followers. They either adore or despise. Expect more journalistic revelations in the near future. Time for the snake oil salesman Obama to pack up his wagon and move to the next town. People are starting to die and his patent medicine is largely to blame for the deaths.

gordo on January 9, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Cafferty acid-refluxes his way thru his tirades whatever they may be. Sort of contagious. Gulp! He knows his job is on the line on any given Sunday . . . . But I got NO mercy in me for that acid-refluxor.

Cafferty stinks.

Sherman1864 on January 9, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Cafferty is a Toilet Bug and should be a greeter at WalMart.

BigWyo on January 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM

You are generous. You are giving him waayyyy too much credit!

cableguy615 on January 9, 2010 at 8:26 AM

It doesn’t matter anymore. The Obamacrats already own the country, bought with tax-payer money. We’re all their indentured slaves. If they push healthcare through they own another big chunk of the economy and have a direct stake in all aspects of our lives. They can do whatever they want and they will rig the midterm elections to ensure they can keep doing it indefinitely.

modifiedcontent on January 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM

What’s the point of watching a pundit who’s supposed to give us the inside scoop, when we knew over two years ago what he’s just figuring out.

Democrats always lie. Obama and Pelosi are Democrats.

Therefore, Obama and Pelosi always lie.

NoDonkey on January 9, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I find this to be a sobering and (I am afraid) accurate statement, in fact it is we on the right who are doing all the hoping and praying . . . . Modifiedcontent has this nailed down good.

modifiedcontent on January 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM